PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern State FB coach suspended

Laker
February 17th, 2020, 06:13 PM
Driving while intoxicated.

https://www.kalb.com/content/news/NSU-coach-Laird-placed-on-administrative-leave-accused-of-driving-while-intoxicated-567951071.html

BEAR
February 17th, 2020, 06:33 PM
Ouch. But you could have put this in the SLC off season thread. xlolx

Daytripper
February 17th, 2020, 06:37 PM
When I read the title of the thread my first thought was WOW, NWST has a coach just for the fullbacks.

JSUBison
February 17th, 2020, 07:14 PM
Holy nutmeg!

Laker
February 17th, 2020, 07:32 PM
Holy nutmeg!

I told my brother that when I was reading the story.

Laker
February 17th, 2020, 07:33 PM
Ouch. But you could have put this in the SLC off season thread. xlolx

Wasn't sure where it should go. Admin can move it if they so desire.

FormerPokeCenter
February 17th, 2020, 08:50 PM
In his defense, coaching in Natchitoches could certainly drive one to drink....

Just kidding...It's actually a beautiful little town....way off the beaten track, though...It's a great weekened getaway...42 Bed & Breakfasts in town, all with some sorta tie to a movie filmed there that you may have heard of....The downtown riverfront has a nice little night life thing going on...I've been spending fairly frequent weekends down theah, but I may rethink that now that Natchitoches's Finest is cracking down on impaired driving.....

Northwestern's biggest moment came in the greatest chick flick of all time, 1989's Steel Magnolias, where they stood in for the Chinquipin High School football team. Radio Station owner Clairee Belcher, while covering a HS footall game. "Would you say those jerseys are grape, or aubergine?"

I think she jinxed them. They've kinda been playing like a HS ever since...1988 was the last time they won down in Cowboy Stadium...Coincidence? I think not!

JacksFan40
February 17th, 2020, 08:54 PM
Wait you’re supposed to punish your coach for drunk driving?

FormerPokeCenter
February 17th, 2020, 08:56 PM
There are those that say giving Brad Laird a contract extension might be cruel and unusual....

NDSU1980
February 17th, 2020, 08:56 PM
Well at least they suspended the coach and are making an effort. It still burns me that SDSU basically did nothing when Stiggy got plastered on Joose and drove drunk.

JayJ79
February 17th, 2020, 08:57 PM
I've been spending fairly frequent weekends down theah, but I may rethink that now that Natchitoches's Finest is cracking down on impaired driving.....

how dare they actually enforce the law and try to make the streets (and sidewalks) safer!

FormerPokeCenter
February 17th, 2020, 09:02 PM
I was mostly joking...i generally stay at a hotel a block off the river front district...so, no impaired driving for me....I'm guessing they don't crack down until after Christmas Light season is over....and before the annual St. Paddy's day bash...