June 4th, 2007, 09:03 AM
The final photo gallery. WOW!!!!! xbowx

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060107aah.html

MDFAN
June 4th, 2007, 09:18 AM
WOW!!!!!!!

Pard94
June 4th, 2007, 10:09 AM
OH MY GOD! I'm actually misty eyed looking at those pictures. I want to live there.

Bud2003
June 4th, 2007, 12:05 PM
That is amazing!!!

DFW HOYA
June 4th, 2007, 12:06 PM
It's the facility Georgetown should have built before the school nearly went broke.

Instead, there's this:

http://www.hoyabasketball.com/images/msf.gif

PeacockRaider
June 4th, 2007, 12:11 PM
WOW what a difference! I haven't been there since the 2005 game vs. Colgate and was annoyed at the fact it was hard to see the game from the visitor stands. Not to mention the splinters I had in my a$$ and the dirt field. The whole complex looks great, I'll have to make it back to the game this year. Must be nice to have that alumni support, kudos to the Bourger's.

danefan
June 4th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Very nice. That's going to sway many recruits I'm sure.

g-webb1994
June 4th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Impressive! Should give a big edge in recruiting for sure.
xbowx xbowx xbowx

BobbyMo
June 4th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Very nice. That's going to sway many recruits I'm sure.

Without a doubt, that is unreal.

SU Jag
June 4th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Nicexnodx Very Nicexbowx xbowx

slostang
June 4th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Awesome.xbowx

GoGuins
June 4th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Sweet!xthumbsupx

TheBisonator
June 4th, 2007, 01:02 PM
HOLY SCHNIKEES!!! Those are some top-notch facilities.

Do I see an FBS move in the future for Lafayette???:D

aggie6thman
June 4th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Can someone please post pictures of it. For some reason my computer hates that photo gallery and always freezes on me when I try to open it.

Pards Rule
June 4th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Hey we wouldn't turn down a bowl game :) Actually we did - the 1949 Sun Bowl cause the law at that time forbid African-Americans from playing there in El Paso, TX and LC had one player that couldn't play, David Shoals (second stringer), and the team voted not to play. I'm still waiting for the movie on that! I look forward to checking it out on Sept. 1st for the very first night game at Fisher Field/Stadium...

Go...gate
June 5th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Just looked at this again. As much as I love Goodman, this is the best in the PL, IMO. Congratulations to Lehigh.

Cobblestone
June 5th, 2007, 11:02 AM
I'll have my 3 year old son throwing passes tonight, please call a recruiter. Right now I'm cleaning the drool off my desk after seeing the weight room.

Best wishes with this facility guys. xthumbsupx

CSUBUCDAD
June 5th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Man oh man those are some wonderful facilites. You guys should be very proud and thankful. CSU has their new facility in the planning stages and I can only hope it is half as nice as that.

Pard4Life
June 5th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Cripes that is nice... I was on campus yesterday and peaked through the windows... very nice.. the hot-tub looks directly out onto the field. The offices, desks, space, rooms look spectacular. Unforunately the building was locked or else I would have went inside.

I like the trophy 'throne' room xlolx ...where the trophy get its own pedestal.. how poetic..

MDFAN
June 5th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Lafayette is on the top of my list!!!!!!!

Pard94
June 5th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Just looked at this again. As much as I love Goodman, this is the best in the PL, IMO. Congratulations to Lehigh.

Surely you mean congrats to Lafayette:) I'll be lucky if I see that place in person maybe twice a year...and yet I feel like I am attending Lafayette all over again. It is just so first class I am really quite stunned by the whole thing.

89Hen
June 5th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Depressing. :(

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

65 Pard
June 5th, 2007, 03:33 PM
HOLY COW!
This proves that money isn't everything.....but it's way ahead of whatever is in second place

Pards Rule
June 5th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Kudos to the team, admin, and Tavani and his staff. Look at where this program was a mere five years ago after the well publicized and ill timed (at peak of recruiting) consideration on whether to drop the program, move to Div 3 or keep it at Div. 1...And thanks to the alumni who stepped up and committed the dollars to keep the LC program in Div. 1..

DFW HOYA
June 5th, 2007, 07:13 PM
HOLY COW!
This proves that money isn't everything.....but it's way ahead of whatever is in second place

Or seventh.

Calif_Colonial
June 6th, 2007, 02:43 PM
That is an outstanding facility! WOW! That will make your recruiting much much easier!

Go...gate
June 6th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Surely you mean congrats to Lafayette:) I'll be lucky if I see that place in person maybe twice a year...and yet I feel like I am attending Lafayette all over again. It is just so first class I am really quite stunned by the whole thing.

Please don't misunderstand - I absolutely mean congrats to Lafayette. You guys have flat-out raised the facilities bar by a substantial margin.

The LC Football House is beautiful - IMO, nicer than the Hale Center at FBS Rutgers and Caldwell Field House at Princeton, which makes it damned nice!

Model Citizen
June 6th, 2007, 02:54 PM
It looks like someone could break a window on field goals. xlolx

Uncle Buck
June 6th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Great facility, definitely helps in selling the program. First class all the way

AndrewFU21
June 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I'm definitely jealous. How much did these improvements cost, and where did the majority of funding come from?

LBPop
June 6th, 2007, 04:17 PM
After having visited Fisher last season, I said on this Board that it was the best PL facility (and I have been to all of them). But now that seems like faint praise. What an amazing place and best of all, it's right on campus. My congratulations to the school, the program, and whoever helped raise the dough. xthumbsupx

As for that last group, please contact the Georgetown AD at:
www.TheHoyasaintgotscratch.edu (http://www.TheHoyasaintgotscratch.edu). ;)

Thanks.

already123
June 6th, 2007, 10:00 PM
very very nice! congratulations...now Lafayette finally have something goin for them!lol

it is an amazing fieldhouse tho

Pards Rule
June 7th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I'm definitely jealous. How much did these improvements cost, and where did the majority of funding come from?

The stadium renovations came in at $23 million and the Fieldhouse I heard was $2 million for a total of $25 million. Essentially the bulk of the funds came from Jack Bourger, John Fisher (great - they didnt have to rename the place as the original fundraiser in 1926 when it was first built was named Fisher too!) and John Olivo (class of 1984) whose claim to fortune was the inventor of the V-chip.

already123
June 7th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Who created velcro?

TheCatamount
June 7th, 2007, 03:00 PM
That place looks amazing, awesome job.

Pards Rule
June 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Who created velcro?

Dr. J??

DFW HOYA
June 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Who created velcro?

Wikipedia knows all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velcro#History

PLLB
June 7th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Thats okay Colgate's hockey rink will be touch notch.

Blue42
June 7th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Nothing to complain about there.

Nice to have a sugar dady in the alumni ranks.

seahawkfan2007
June 8th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Does it get any better than that? Perfect!

asu70
June 8th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Great additions!

Lafalumni29
June 8th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Now there is a virtual tour of the interior. I could not get it to work. Oh well

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060107aah.html

carney2
June 8th, 2007, 09:11 AM
The stadium renovations came in at $23 million and the Fieldhouse I heard was $2 million for a total of $25 million. Essentially the bulk of the funds came from Jack Bourger, John Fisher (great - they didnt have to rename the place as the original fundraiser in 1926 when it was first built was named Fisher too!) and John Olivo (class of 1984) whose claim to fortune was the inventor of the V-chip.

It's all gotten very hazy, but I think, in the end, they may have approached or even topped $30 million for the whole thing. The original numbers did not, for instance, include the Jumbotron. There were the inevitable overruns, and, rumor has it, the track and field improvements at Metzger which were included in the original numbers got gobbled up by the football facilities and now everything being done for T&F is another add on. Can anyone clarify?

KiddBrewer
June 8th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I hope the Mountaineers can end up with stuff even close to that. Incredible.

colgate13
June 9th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Jeezus that's a beautiful building. Congratulations! The beginning round of an another arms race has begun... :)

Seriously, very first class. Awesome for Lafayette and ultimately the league.

appfan2008
June 9th, 2007, 08:35 AM
truly a beautiful new building... the outside was really nice but i personally enjoyed the pictures of the inside... truly exquisite

RadMann
June 9th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Very nice! As most UD fans know, we should be doing the same thing. Money is not the issue, but the priorities of the board at UD is the hold up in my opinion. My dad went to Lafayette and they have a great football tradition there in Easton. Congrats!

dgreco
June 9th, 2007, 10:44 AM
That is ana amazing stadium, and it looks great for the size... It fits perfectly with what they were doing.