PDA

View Full Version : Peterson looking good...

ISUMatt
August 12th, 2005, 09:24 PM
...vs the Rams tonight. A 9 yard TD run to go along with 45 yards on 9 carries so far!!!

ISUMatt
August 12th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the update Ralph!!! I looked for the game on my TV earlier, didnt see it, then forgot about it when Grossman killed yet another Bears season!!!

ISUMatt
August 12th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Boomer has two unassisted tackles for the Chiefs

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050812_KC@MIN

Make that a team leading 5 tackles and 1 assist!!!

Baldy
August 12th, 2005, 11:43 PM
AP's final stats: 13 for 69 1TD

Great game for AP.

ISUMatt
August 13th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Once again AP will be the best back in preseason for the Bears and get shafted during the regular season. :bang:

AP will get the Super Shaft!!! Soon as Benson signs, AP will be lost on special teams once again!!! But in all fairness, Thomas Jones has also looked good for the Bears in their first 2 games, just not as many carries

Black and Gold Express
August 23rd, 2005, 11:07 AM
To some extent, I disagree with them putting post-season numbers as a part of total yards. I get that it's a game or games he played in, but mainly I disagree because every level of NCAA football has different amounts of possible total games played in postseason.

For example, Dayne had a maximum possible of four postseason games in his career. AP had the potential for 16.

When/if they all get to a similar format where the teams would play potentially the same amount of postseason games, then I think it would be fair to add in postseason numbers.

It still doesn't do away with the apples to oranges comparison of comparing numbers between divisions, but it would help make things a little closer.

The top rusher in D-I history:

MOST YARDS GAINED
Career
(4 yrs.) 6,559 Adrian Peterson, Ga. Southern, 1998-01 (996 rushes) [counting his post-season yards which they count now, put him at 9K+]

Career
(3 yrs.) 5,259 Herschel Walker, Georgia, 1980-82 (994 rushes)
(4 yrs.) 6,397 Ron Dayne, Wisconsin, 1996-99 (1,115 rushes)

http://chicagobears.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/JPGOIBHBALHB/peterson_main.jpg
"The Bears offense was powered by backup running back Adrian Peterson, who took advantage of a rare start by rushing for 60 yards and 1 TD on 14 first-half carries."

pete4256
August 23rd, 2005, 01:47 PM
So we'll just leave it at regular season numbers and--wait!--AP is STILL the all-time division I leader in rushing yards!

Too bad he rarely played past the first possession of the third quarter.

umassfan
August 24th, 2005, 12:58 AM
How bout we talk about someone who actully has a shot at starting like Marcel Shipp!

saint0917
August 24th, 2005, 07:02 AM
How bout we talk about someone who actully has a shot at starting like Marcel Shipp!

I think J.J. Arrington will be starting, but I hope Shipp will push him for starting time.

Black and Gold Express
August 24th, 2005, 01:24 PM
So we'll just leave it at regular season numbers and--wait!--AP is STILL the all-time division I leader in rushing yards!

Too bad he rarely played past the first possession of the third quarter.

Well, he always had to go four quarters against ASU. ;) And AP is the I-AA rushing record holder. Dayne is the I-A record holder. There is a distinction, like it or not. You put Dayne is AP's spot on GSU, he easily matches AP's production. You put AP in Wisconsin, you may not be able to say the same thing.

umassfan
August 24th, 2005, 10:38 PM
No way. If he couldn't do it at Wisconsin then he couldn't do it at GaSU.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt Wisconsin I-A meaning they play a much harder schedule then say GSU?

umassfan
August 24th, 2005, 10:39 PM
I think J.J. Arrington will be starting, but I hope Shipp will push him for starting time.

Not if JJ keeps putting the ball on the ground.

Baldy
August 24th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Correct me if im wrong but isnt Wisconsin I-A meaning they play a much harder schedule then say GSU?

It also means AP would run behind a much better O-Line.

umassfan
August 24th, 2005, 11:27 PM
It also means AP would run behind a much better O-Line.
And vs a much bigger and faster D.

pete4256
August 25th, 2005, 06:12 AM
And vs a much bigger and faster D.

What? No AP respect from a UMass fan? You must not have been in the 'boro in '99.

And you, B&G express. I've got no use for your AP comments. Explain why he was the third or fourth best back on your Tecmo I-AA Rose Bowl game, and I'll explain why he's the greatest offensive player in I-AA history.

Baldy
August 25th, 2005, 07:31 AM
What? No AP respect from a UMass fan? You must not have been in the 'boro in '99.

500 yds. in 2 games against UMass....how soon they forget.

umassfan
August 25th, 2005, 08:27 AM
500 yds. in 2 games against UMass....how soon they forget.

Is UMass I-A? Also who has had the better Pro career? Shipp or Peterson?

pete4256
August 25th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Is UMass I-A? Also who has had the better Pro career? Shipp or Peterson?

I don't think you'll find any sane person who even dreams that Shipp is/was a better back than AP.

And B&G Express--you still haven't answered my attack on your 2001 nintendo simulation game in which Westbrook went for 400+ every time I used him and AP struggled to get 100. What's up with that?

gsuwinsudont
August 25th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I don't think you'll find any sane person who even dreams that Shipp is/was a better back than AP.

And B&G Express--you still haven't answered my attack on your 2001 nintendo simulation game in which Westbrook went for 400+ every time I used him and AP struggled to get 100. What's up with that?

Bitterness is the answer you seek Pete4256. Simple bitterness.

For every year we go without number 7 on the flagpole, AP's greatness to the program will become even more magnified.

pete4256
August 25th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I'm just kidding about the computer game, B&G. I had many hours of fun playing it before I made myself take it off the computer. Thanks for helping out my I-AA addiction. :)

Black and Gold Express
August 25th, 2005, 01:51 PM

Because you sucked using GSU? :D ;)

I never had a problem getting AP his yards. But that game is all about speed. Speed kills in that game. Westbrook has always been faster than AP, and I kinda figured this would be the result. So you probably got a lot more homerun plays with him, thus adding to the big numbers. Nothing I could really do to correct it.

Glad you enjoyed the game though. I dropped that project after 2002. Now that we have NCAA on the PS2/XBox, they can take the abuse. :cool: