PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Excerpts of Magic on the Mountain at CSN

CSN-info
May 29th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Over the next several weeks, College Sporting News will be excerpting the new Parkway Publishers book “Magic on the Mountain,” written by CSN executive editor and senior columnist David Coulson. The 216-page, hard-bound, coffee-table-styled book traces Appalachian State’s drive to the 2005 NCAA Division I-AA football championship. In this first excerpt, Appalachian State’s All-American quarterback Richie Williams struggles with the possibility that he won’t be able to play in the most important game in Mountaineer history. Readers can look for a new excerpt next week.

Here is the link to the first excerpt:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86080

PantherRob82
May 29th, 2007, 06:57 PM
very cool.

gvilleapp
May 29th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I can only hope my kids and my wife got the hint about what I want for Father's Day! Sounds great, this book may help me survive until Sept 1st.

Mr. C
May 30th, 2007, 09:17 AM
For those who haven't seen the cover of the magazine, here is a picture for you:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/images/articles/86080_momcover200.jpg

The photo, by Bill Sheffield, is a shot of Appalachian State DE Jason Hunter scoring the winning touchdown in the 2005 championship game.

BeauFoster
May 30th, 2007, 09:30 AM
You rock, Mr. C. I have been somewhat tardy on sending you a check for 2 copies, but I put them in the mail today. I can't wait to read it over and over and over again!

Mr. C
May 30th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Beau. Also keep in mind that the second book in the series, covering the 2006 season is also in the planning stages. We hope to get it to press this fall.

AZGrizFan
May 30th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Beau. Also keep in mind that the second book in the series, covering the 2006 season is also in the planning stages. We hope to get it to press this fall.

So, when Montana wins the 2007 Championship, when can we expect their book to come out? xeyebrowx ;)

UNHWildCats
May 30th, 2007, 03:09 PM
So, when New Hampshire wins the 2007 Championship, when can we expect their book to come out? xeyebrowx ;)

Fixed that for ya ;)

89Hen
May 30th, 2007, 03:14 PM
So, when Montana wins the 2007 Championship, when can we expect their book to come out? xeyebrowx ;)
Hopefully within a few months. UD did one that sits on my coffee table. xnodx

OL FU
May 30th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I really hated to see Williams go down in the game against Furman. However, it did set up a wonderful second half story in the Championship game. Not that there was any doubt, but he proved he was the leader of the 2005 championship edition of the Mountaineers.

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

AZGrizFan
May 30th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Hopefully within a few months. UD did one that sits on my coffee table. xnodx

Was yours written by Dave Coulson? xeyebrowx ;)