PDA

View Full Version : Hampton signs top recruits

HIU 93
May 29th, 2007, 09:27 AM
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-hufb.my28,0,6082982.story?coll=dp-sports-local

andy7171
May 29th, 2007, 09:38 AM
DT 6'3" 320 WVU transfer with a 500lb BP?

NICE! xthumbsupx

You can't have too many of those!

mcveyrl
May 29th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Wow. Good stuff. That WR sounds like the real deal. Pretty classless move on Rutgers part. Recruiting him KNOWING about the criminal stuff and then dropping the scholarship after "further investigation."

If I was a Rutgers fan I'd be pissed!! You offer a scholarship without a "full investigation"?? I find that hard to believe. Either way, pretty bad move. Wonder what kind of recruit took his place?

Either way, Rutgers' loss is Hampton's gain.

Ronbo
May 29th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Congrats on the great recruits.

Anyone have a clue how a program that has so many guys going to the NFL and has such good recruits can't get past the first round????

andy7171
May 29th, 2007, 11:00 AM
The elitism that takes place at AGS gets tiring sometimes.

Ronbo
May 29th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Just curious. Montana has made it to the NC game five times with unheard of and overlooked country bumpkins.

HIU 93
May 29th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Just curious. Montana has made it to the NC game five times with unheard of and overlooked country bumpkins. Is our coaching that much better?

HA!!!xlolx

That's hilarious!

Coach Joe Taylor has coached along side NFL Head Coaches and been President of the AFCA.

No, your coaching is not better.

You are your state's flagship institution. Most state flagship schools play in FBS (ex. UVa, U of F, UNC-Chapel Hill, Kentucky, Kansas, etc., etc.)

We are a small, non-religious affiliated, 100% private institution.

In other words, you have an entire section of the state budget that exists to fund you (including your athletic programs).

That also means that in your stae, the top kids that want to stay home and play go to your school or to your direct rival, Montana State.

We have to raise all our funds independently.

Our flagship schools in VA are Virginia Tech and the University of Virginia. Our top kids that want to stay home and play for the flagship usually choose one of those two programs.

Hampton, JMU, UR, Norfolk State, Liberty, William and Mary, VMI, and now ODU have to fight amongst ourselves for the best of the rest in the Commonwealth.

Tribe4SF
May 29th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Nominations are now closed for the title of "Transfer U.".

My vote goes to Hampton, which has separated itself from the competition over the past couple of years.

HIU 93
May 29th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Nominations are now closed for the title of "Transfer U.".

My vote goes to Hampton, which has separated itself from the competition over the past couple of years.

If that comes with a NC, I'll take it!!!xthumbsupx

Tribe4SF
May 29th, 2007, 01:33 PM
If that comes with a NC, I'll take it!!!xthumbsupx

Whoa there, big guy!xeekx One step at a time.

Seriously, this class should help blunt the impact of losing so many great players from last year. The Pirates look better in the trenches these days, and that ultimately will get them that first playoff win. Some big shoes to fill at the skill positions, though.

HIU 93
May 29th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Some big shoes to fill at the skill positions, though.

You ain't lying. Coleman and Durant are our biggest losses. If we can replace them, get some help in other places, we're well on our way.

However, replacing them is more than a huge undertaking.

Tribe4SF
May 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM
WR is another spot you lost some good guys, including Williamsburg's own Onrea Jones.

HIU 93
May 29th, 2007, 01:47 PM
WR is another spot you lost some good guys, including Williamsburg's own Onrea Jones.

Yes, but we had good WR's. We had a GREAT running back and linebacker. Greatness is harder to replace than good.

Tribe4SF
May 29th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Yes, but we had good WR's. We had a GREAT running back and linebacker. Greatness is harder to replace than good.

I'd agree on the greatness, but you lost your top 3 receivers who had 77% of the receiving yards, and 19 of the 20 receiving TDs. All three signed free agent contracts, and that doesn't happen very often, even at the BCS level.

slostang
May 29th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Nice recruiting class. Hampton looks like they are reloading with even bigger bullets, which is saying a lot.

Seawolf97
May 29th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Congratulations to Hampton for great recruiting!