PDA

View Full Version : Art Briles to Mo. State?

Derby City Duke
January 14th, 2020, 10:36 PM
From a Football Scoop Football Scoop article:

“Source tells FootballScoop this evening that Missouri State (FCS) plans to announce Art Briles as their new head coach tomorrow.

“Briles, the long-time Baylor head coach, coached Mount Vernon High School (TX) this past season.”

How does this sit with you MVFC folks?

MSUDuo
January 14th, 2020, 10:41 PM
It's either Briles or Petrino.

Yes please to either

Schism55
January 14th, 2020, 11:03 PM
It's either Briles or Petrino.

Yes please to either
Careful what you wish for....

POD Knows
January 15th, 2020, 05:44 AM
Petrino

Professor Chaos
January 15th, 2020, 06:01 AM
Pretty bold move either way by the Bears. Definitely not the safe hire in either case but it'll get the chatter going about a program that has been an afterthought there for years (whether that's good chatter or bad chatter is up for debate).

POD Knows
January 15th, 2020, 06:03 AM
Pretty bold move either way by the Bears. Definitely not the safe hire in either case but it'll get the chatter going about a program that has been an afterthought there for years (whether that's good chatter or bad chatter is up for debate).http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2020/01/14/sources-petrino-to-be-next-bears-head-coach/?fbclid=IwAR1D2sDD0QVpaYnQH-2taqO_mvFOKMTFS96U3fwjtg-WG-2aJcJp7xcu1dw

No idea if this is real but I know a guy that is close to the school down there and he sent this out.

Catatonic
January 15th, 2020, 06:25 AM
Briles’ name was floated for the Lamar job. The negative feedback was immediate and strong. He’s still too toxic for many, though I have no doubt that someone will take a chance on hiring him. He’s too good a coach and the temptation is too great for him to languish in the high school sidelines forever.

TheKingpin28
January 15th, 2020, 07:10 AM
Man knows how to coach a football team, but with the amount of negative drama and allegations that have been proven true surrounding his programs, I would only hope my school would never go for such a thing. I would never surrender integrity and honesty for winning games and/or championships. I'm looking at you Red Sox.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
January 15th, 2020, 07:29 AM
Kick em from the conference.

Redbird 4th & short
January 15th, 2020, 07:49 AM
Why would any FCS program hire Petrino ... he flat out can not be trusted. if he had one good .. even just a decent year, he would be gone without a word if any FBS program called, no matter what he might say to contrary. Way to much history of leaving programs hanging.

As for Briles, the baggage is worse, but seemingly more isolated. So he might make more sense. But hard to ignore what happened at Baylor.

Laker
January 15th, 2020, 07:55 AM
In both cases, their hiring would be an act of despiration. There is no doubt that both know how to win, but neither has any scruples IMO. Petrino seems like the bad guy in movie- no morals or scruples at all. Briles doesn't do it himself, he just looks the other way when he knows he is playing with dynamite.

Derby City Duke
January 15th, 2020, 07:57 AM
http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2020/01/14/sources-petrino-to-be-next-bears-head-coach/?fbclid=IwAR1D2sDD0QVpaYnQH-2taqO_mvFOKMTFS96U3fwjtg-WG-2aJcJp7xcu1dw

No idea if this is real but I know a guy that is close to the school down there and he sent this out.

Petrino was an abject disaster in his 2nd stint at Louisville. He became so toxic as a leader that the players completely quit after the 5th game in 2018. The school cut him loose with 2 games remaining in the 2018 season. Under Petrino's direction, the school turned in one of the worst P5 seasons ever statistically -- including giving up an average of 49 ppg over their last 7 games of the season. Nearly 2 dozen players left the team after the 2018 season.

He may turn back in that offensive guru at Mo. State, but the man is a walking F-bomb. Expect to have his kids on staff and everybody in the football offices to be miserable.

Good luck if this turns out to be the reality.

clenz
January 15th, 2020, 08:36 AM
**** you Missouri State.

Hope you go winless for the next 20 years

Hope he embroils your entire athletic department in scandals akin to those at Arkansas.

Winning matters, but have some ****ing standards.

ST_Lawson
January 15th, 2020, 08:46 AM
Yup, it's Petrino. Sounds like 5 years at $250k/year contract (not that that matters much if a FBS comes calling in a couple of years).

Laker
January 15th, 2020, 08:52 AM
Yup, it's Petrino. Sounds like 5 years at $250k/year contract (not that that matters much if a FBS comes calling in a couple of years).

They should make the buyout be 5 million.

Attendance should go up, at least at road games. People will come just to yell at him.

JSUSoutherner
January 15th, 2020, 08:55 AM
Hope he embroils your entire athletic department in scandals akin to those at Arkansas.

Baylor?

Edit:

Wait, Petrino, not Briles. My bad.

PurpleStreamers
January 15th, 2020, 08:58 AM
Well, the motorcycle clubs in Springfield just got a whole lot more interesting.

mvfcfan
January 15th, 2020, 08:59 AM
Sounds like between Bo and Bobby we have two pretty fun guys in the MVFC. xlolx

WestCoastAggie
January 15th, 2020, 09:00 AM
Why would any FCS program hire Petrino ... he flat out can not be trusted. if he had one good .. even just a decent year, he would be gone without a word if any FBS program called, no matter what he might say to contrary. Way to much history of leaving programs hanging.

As for Briles, the baggage is worse, but seemingly more isolated. So he might make more sense. But hard to ignore what happened at Baylor.

My question is will he bring in LC Cole as his Offensive Coordinator? If you are unsure who he is, give that name a quick google search. He'd be right up Art Briles' alley.

clenz
January 15th, 2020, 09:01 AM
They should make the buyout be 5 million.

Attendance should go up, at least at road games. People will come just to yell at him.
5 or 6 years in the amount of flak that Bo still catches everywhere he goes is amazing.

I couldn't bring myself to do it but I'd love nothing more than to take a gigantic photo of his at his presser after his accident and just hang it right behind the bench. Not say a word, just put it on the railing.

cx500d
January 15th, 2020, 09:04 AM
Pretty bold move either way by the Bears. Definitely not the safe hire in either case but it'll get the chatter going about a program that has been an afterthought there for years (whether that's good chatter or bad chatter is up for debate).

Hmmm from Baylor bears to mo state bears... I wonder if that’s all that will be eerily similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
January 15th, 2020, 09:04 AM
Sounds like between Bo and Bobby we have two pretty fun guys in the MVFC. xlolx

Just wait until WIU

BEAR
January 15th, 2020, 09:20 AM
Petrino??????????????

You have got to be kidding. xlolx

I'll tell you the same thing I told SFA fans when they hired our former coach Cramp Clank....."you brought this upon yourselves."

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2012/12/12/sports/YJPPETRINO/YJPPETRINO-jumbo.jpg

TheKingpin28
January 15th, 2020, 09:21 AM
Too bad Missery State is not in Fargo this year. I'd be more than glad to rip into him and his program. I guess winning isn't everything, it truly is the only thing.

Laker
January 15th, 2020, 09:23 AM
Has she showed up at MO State yet? Or does he have a new one now?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/20/article-2132736-127D710E000005DC-144_306x423.jpg

mvfcfan
January 15th, 2020, 09:24 AM
Does she still live in Fayetteville? That's not too far from Springfield.

BEAR
January 15th, 2020, 09:30 AM
Does she still live in Fayetteville? That's not too far from Springfield.

A short motorcycle ride anyway.....xsmiley_wix

TheKingpin28
January 15th, 2020, 09:37 AM
A short motorcycle ride anyway.....xsmiley_wixDamn, you beat me to the finish line on this one.

Professor Chaos
January 15th, 2020, 09:38 AM
It's a risky hire.. I wonder if their AD Kyle Moats is feeling a bit desperate??? This is the type of hire that could take down the hiring AD along with the coach if it blows up in their face. Or maybe Petrino has cleaned up his act and will lead Missouri St out of the MVFC cellar (which they have the location, enrollment, and facilities to do). Of course if it's the latter Petrino won't be around long most likely. We'll see...

ysubigred
January 15th, 2020, 09:51 AM

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/20/article-2132736-127D710E000005DC-144_306x423.jpg

I'd like to ride her,,, um I mean motorcycles xsmiley_wix

IBleedYellow
January 15th, 2020, 09:57 AM

She got married to another guy.

IBleedYellow
January 15th, 2020, 09:57 AM
Be Missouri State.
Suck at football.
Decide to hire ****ty coach to get better at football.
Leak Art Briles as next HC.
Actually hire other ****ty coach.

Grizalltheway
January 15th, 2020, 09:59 AM
Be Missouri State.
Suck at football.
Decide to hire ****ty coach to get better at football.
Leak Art Briles as next HC.
Actually hire other ****ty coach.
It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

Actually, never mind. It's funny.

Daytripper
January 15th, 2020, 10:01 AM
Prepare for the fallout.

clenz
January 15th, 2020, 10:07 AM
It's a risky hire.. I wonder if their AD Kyle Moats is feeling a bit desperate??? This is the type of hire that could take down the hiring AD along with the coach if it blows up in their face. Or maybe Petrino has cleaned up his act and will lead Missouri St out of the MVFC cellar (which they have the location, enrollment, and facilities to do). Of course if it's the latter Petrino won't be around long most likely. We'll see...
Their AD has to be feeling heat across the board

He's failed multiple football/basketball hires. He lost his amazingly successful volleyball coach and the program fell apart this year. He's desperate and he had to know this was a boom/bust out of a job hire for him.

Also the idea that Petrino cleaned up is funny. His time at Louisville wasn't all that different than Arkansas. I have some family in the area that are big boosters. They couldn't see him gone fast enough.

centennial
January 15th, 2020, 10:22 AM
However you feel about this, there is a chance Missouri State gets good quickly. It makes the MVFC more competitive. Now if WIU could do the same...

Professor Chaos
January 15th, 2020, 10:26 AM
Their AD has to be feeling heat across the board

He's failed multiple football/basketball hires. He lost his amazingly successful volleyball coach and the program fell apart this year. He's desperate and he had to know this was a boom/bust out of a job hire for him.

Also the idea that Petrino cleaned up is funny. His time at Louisville wasn't all that different than Arkansas. I have some family in the area that are big boosters. They couldn't see him gone fast enough.
Yeah, seems like a long shot with not much chance of hitting. So my main question is who takes Kyle Moats' place on the FCS playoff selection committee when he gets ****-canned? :D

citdog
January 15th, 2020, 10:26 AM
Would love to see a meme of Petrino riding a bear like Putin only with his neck brace on...

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 15th, 2020, 10:27 AM
MSU will still be crap under Petrino.

centennial
January 15th, 2020, 10:34 AM
MSU will still be crap under Petrino.

No one knows this. Bring in some 10 FBS 4-5 star guys, few other jucos, all of the sudden they are a 6-7 win team.

Bisonator
January 15th, 2020, 10:44 AM
No one knows this. Bring in some 10 FBS 4-5 star guys, few other jucos, all of the sudden they are a 6-7 win team.
Lol gonna take more then that to get them to 6-7 wins. I'll be surprised if he's there long enough.

MSUDuo
January 15th, 2020, 10:46 AM

This is all on our President. He has stated publicly that he made this hire

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 15th, 2020, 10:46 AM

Maybe, but I highly doubt it. 4-5 star drop downs are going to choose a perennially crappy FCS school?

They haven't made the playoffs in something like 30 years and I feel real confident that streak continues in '20.

TheKingpin28
January 15th, 2020, 10:52 AM
This is all on our President. He has stated publicly that he made this hireI'd call for him to be fired immediately. This is an abhorrent hire and I'd be disappointed in my school if they pulled this ****. There are mistakes and then there is what he did. Not a good look from the outside. They'll be out of the cellar, but at what cost?

mvfcfan
January 15th, 2020, 10:56 AM
They drew over 10000 against Kennesaw State and MSU has been bad forever. If they start winning they could be one of the top programs for attendance in this conference.

ST_Lawson
January 15th, 2020, 10:58 AM
However you feel about this, there is a chance Missouri State gets good quickly. It makes the MVFC more competitive. Now if WIU could do the same...

If that's what we have to do...I think I'd rather just suck.

clenz
January 15th, 2020, 11:27 AM
They drew over 10000 against Kennesaw State and MSU has been bad forever. If they start winning they could be one of the top programs for attendance in this conference.
They didn't draw that.

They might have reported that

They didn't draw that.

From highlights of the game

https://i.imgur.com/jJsGN6C.png

https://i.imgur.com/jKMFixr.png

centennial
January 15th, 2020, 11:35 AM
Lol gonna take more then that to get them to 6-7 wins. I'll be surprised if he's there long enough.

Maybe, but I highly doubt it. 4-5 star drop downs are going to choose a perennially crappy FCS school?

They haven't made the playoffs in something like 30 years and I feel real confident that streak continues in '20.

If you are buried on the depth chart at a SEC school. All I am saying is we have to consider the possibility of this happening. Missouri State is a bad team but their recruiting was okay, they can be coached up to an average MVFC team in 2 years.

If that's what we have to do...I think I'd rather just suck.

I am not advocating the ghost of Art Briles, just getting better again.

Sycamore62
January 15th, 2020, 11:49 AM
Any team that doesnt play the beginning of "Girls Girls Girls" on every 3rd down against him just doesnt care about football.

ASU33
January 15th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Damn! Mo State got desperate I see. Let's see how this one plays out.

Herder
January 15th, 2020, 12:46 PM
Activate the Transfer Portal to fill the rosterin Springfield, it's going to get some heavy use.

Bisonoline
January 15th, 2020, 12:51 PM

Not the guy she was engaged to while she was banging Bobby?

Sycamore62
January 15th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Not the guy she was engaged to while she was banging Bobby?

I think it was. I like the rumors about him being the cause of the injuries.

Chalupa Batman
January 15th, 2020, 01:58 PM

Doubt that would matter to her.

ysubigred
January 15th, 2020, 01:58 PM
http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBYURhn.img?h=582&w=1119&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f

JayJ79
January 15th, 2020, 02:11 PM
Doubt that would matter to her.

obviously marriage vows don't mean anything to Bobby either.

Redbird 4th & short
January 15th, 2020, 02:29 PM
You way underestimate MoST. WIU had one bad season of late .. MoST has been doing it much longer. WIU has a lot to prove to reach MoST proportions.

xnodx

clenz
January 15th, 2020, 02:40 PM
I mean, WIU is better but let's not go to over the top with how much. You're significantly overstating WIU based on 2017 and 2015. Those two seasons alone make up 11 of the 16 extra wins WIU has over MSU since 2004

They had a nice little stretch with 15 16 and 17 but of those only 17 was actually a "good" season.

Other than that there isn't a whole heck of a ton of difference, especially since 04. Over that time MSU has a win % of 35 at 60-116 and WIU has 41% at 76-107

WIU has more 10 loss seasons

Outside of 15 16 17 the total record for MSU is 52-91 and WIU is 55-92.

Basically Neilson build a roster that was slighly above middle of the pack MVFC and then it all fell apart when he left. That's the difference.

Yes, I know WIU was real good 96-03. I understand that. However, it's been 17 years since the end of that run. Eventually it doesn't mean much/anything. Kids being recruiting as going to be seniors this year were tiny infants when that run ENDED

EKU05
January 15th, 2020, 02:46 PM
Petrino was an abject disaster in his 2nd stint at Louisville. He became so toxic as a leader that the players completely quit after the 5th game in 2018. The school cut him loose with 2 games remaining in the 2018 season. Under Petrino's direction, the school turned in one of the worst P5 seasons ever statistically -- including giving up an average of 49 ppg over their last 7 games of the season. Nearly 2 dozen players left the team after the 2018 season.

He may turn back in that offensive guru at Mo. State, but the man is a walking F-bomb. Expect to have his kids on staff and everybody in the football offices to be miserable.

Good luck if this turns out to be the reality.

I'm a lifelong Louisville fan in addition to being an EKU alum. That last season was bad. It was really bad. It was time to move on for Louisville.

With that having been said, calling his entire second stint an "abject disaster" without qualifying that statement is utterly ridiculous. The ending to it was just that, but just two years prior Louisville was in the hunt for the playoff, and if wide receiver James Quick had a better understanding of where the first down marker was they almost definitely beat Clemson in Death Valley that year. Clemson went on to win the national title.

Besides that, that tenure also included recruiting and developing an unpolished prospect named Lamar Jackson. I'm told things are going decently well for him. ;)

I'm not saying the hire is good or bad. I honestly would lean toward it being worth the gamble for Missouri State soecifically. Is it a bit of a deal with the devil? Maybe. But sometimes these things pay off, and I'm not sure Missouri State is much worse off if things go poorly. His biggest issue will be building a staff. His final Louisville staff had 4 assistants that were related to him by either marriage or blood. That's an indicator to me that he was having trouble getting and holding onto assistants.

Plus, the Petrino brothers are now both FCS coaches now. Somebody schedule a home-and-home between Idaho and Missouri State stat!

Grizalltheway
January 15th, 2020, 02:49 PM
I'm a lifelong Louisville fan in addition to being an EKU alum. That last season was bad. It was really bad. It was time to move on for Louisville.

With that having been said, calling his entire second stint an "abject disaster" without qualifying that statement is utterly ridiculous. The ending to it was just that, but just two years prior Louisville was in the hunt for the playoff, and if wide receiver James Quick had a better understanding of where the first down marker was they almost definitely beat Clemson in Death Valley that year. Clemson went on to win the national title.

Besides that, that tenure also included recruiting and developing an unpolished prospect named Lamar Jackson. I'm told things are going decently well for him. ;)

I'm not saying the hire is good or bad. I honestly would lean toward it being worth the gamble for Missouri State soecifically. Is it a bit of a deal with the devil? Maybe. But sometimes these things pay off, and I'm not sure Missouri State is much worse off if things go poorly. His biggest issue will be building a staff. His final Louisville staff had 4 assistants that were related to him by either marriage or blood. That's an indicator to me that he was having trouble getting and holding onto assistants.

Plus, the Petrino brothers are now both FCS coaches now. Somebody schedule a home-and-home between Idaho and Missouri State stat!
If that isn't the Toilet Bowl, I don't know what is.

Derby City Duke
January 15th, 2020, 03:44 PM

Poorly phrased, yes. Ridiculous, no. It devolved into an abject disaster. I was in the stadium when he called the pass play that lost the FSU game. I saw a triple option! team put up 66 points against a P5 team that had quit on its coach.

Usually one person builds the fire, one lights it, and somebody else comes along to throw gasoline on it. Petrino managed to somehow do all 3 himself.

Couldn’t work with Grantham, or any other Defensive Coordinator for that matter. Nobody wanted to work for him. That became obvious over time.

Hope it works out for MSU.

Derby City Duke
January 15th, 2020, 03:53 PM

Quick was always too high to know where the marker was and he was always good for a dropped wide open TD pass :). And who can forget him getting run down from behind the previous year against Clemson. Cost Louisville a shot at winning that game too.

cx500d
January 15th, 2020, 04:17 PM
Would love to see a meme of Petrino riding a bear like Putin only with his neck brace on...
Who the **** are you?

cx500d
January 15th, 2020, 04:19 PM
I think it was. I like the rumors about him being the cause of the injuries.
No woman is worth being cuck'ed over, especially once you make it legal. That dude is an idiot then.

ysubigred
January 15th, 2020, 04:21 PM
Who the **** are you?Who who who who 1977?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cx500d
January 15th, 2020, 04:22 PM
Poorly phrased, yes. Ridiculous, no. It devolved into an abject disaster. I was in the stadium when he called the pass play that lost the FSU game. I saw a triple option! team put up 66 points against a P5 team that had quit on its coach.

Usually one person builds the fire, one lights it, and somebody else comes along to throw gasoline on it. Petrino managed to somehow do all 3 himself.

Couldn’t work with Grantham, or any other Defensive Coordinator for that matter. Nobody wanted to work for him. That became obvious over time.

Hope it works out for MSU.
Must have been Kennesaw running a triple option that no one has ever seen before?

cx500d
January 15th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Who who who who 1977?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqf6ZaJcL7c

Derby City Duke
January 15th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Must have been Kennesaw running a triple option that no one has ever seen before?

If I hadn’t been there that’s what I would’ve assumed. Alas it was just Georgia Tech...I was bummed.

cx500d
January 15th, 2020, 05:08 PM
If I hadn’t been there that’s what I would’ve assumed. Alas it was just Georgia Tech...I was bummed.
It was probably a hybrid team; Kennesaw Tech.

Schism55
January 15th, 2020, 05:48 PM
No woman is worth being cuck'ed over, especially once you make it legal. That dude is an idiot then.
Don't be so suburban xlolx

neverobeyed
January 15th, 2020, 08:36 PM
Any team that doesnt play the beginning of "Girls Girls Girls" on every 3rd down against him just doesnt care about football.

I bow to you, sir.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
January 15th, 2020, 08:47 PM
I saw this on footballscoop and later on Twitter. I would like to offer my condolences to all the Missouri State fans on this board on the occasion of this event.

Ivytalk
January 16th, 2020, 05:17 AM
Looks like MSU listened to Stugotz.

JacksFan40
January 16th, 2020, 11:54 AM
If you were going to hire a controversial coach you should’ve just hired Briles, at least he’s a proven winner. Petrino couldn’t even get to 10 wins with Lamar Jackson.

ASU33
January 16th, 2020, 12:01 PM
Looks like MSU listened to Stugotz.

The Stugotz is strong in them!

clenz
January 16th, 2020, 12:18 PM
He's never lasted anywhere for more than 4 full seasons anywhere

His stops have been (in seasons)

The longest stops have been the highest paying stops (Louisville twice - the second where he lost 7 straight games and got canned in season) and Arkansas. He's also left scorched earth everywhere he's been as the HC.

I don't see this working. Best case scenario is they win 5 games a season for his 3 or 4 years and he bolts leaving a bunch of wake to deal with if he manages 6 or somehow even 7 wins.

He isn't going to lay a foundation for that program. He's more likely to leave a crater to climb out of than do anything good/lasting.

Sycamore62
January 16th, 2020, 12:23 PM
He's never lasted anywhere for more than 4 full seasons anywhere

His stops have been (in seasons)

The longest stops have been the highest paying stops (Louisville twice - the second where he lost 7 straight games and got canned in season) and Arkansas. He's also left scorched earth everywhere he's been as the HC.

I don't see this working. Best case scenario is they win 5 games a season for his 3 or 4 years and he bolts leaving a bunch of wake to deal with if he manages 6 or somehow even 7 wins.

He isn't going to lay a foundation for that program. He's more likely to leave a crater to climb out of than do anything good/lasting.

I was trying to figure out if there were any places that got better because of his time there. Im not sure if he won anywhere because of his recruits or if he did better than someone else would have with their recruits

clenz
January 16th, 2020, 12:39 PM
I was thinking Louisville the first time around but he took over a pretty good program from John L Smith. Smith took Louisville from 1-10 in the last season of Cooper and got them to 10-2 within 4 years. He handed a fairly stable program off to Bobby who went 9-4 11-1 6-3 12-1. However, he did it entirely with Smith's guys. he didn't recruit **** during his 4 years there.

Louiville fell back to 6-6 the first year after Bobby left. A bad hire made it worse for them.

Strong came in and did amazing things. He would have had a statue and stadium named after him if he'd have stayed.

Petrino came back in and road the wave Strong have built (and while Bobby might get credit for signing Lamar, Lamar signed because of what Strong had built and done with Teddy). He rode that roster to 9-4 8-5 9-4 and while that 4th season was 8-5 you could see cracks forming. It was clear he, once again, hadn't done **** for recruiting. Then came the 2-8 and how it all ended.

Arkansas he came in and took a roster full of good young players the previous staff had already recruited and rode them to the Sugar Bowl in year 3. Year 4 was another good year with a Cotton Bowl win - then the whole thing happened. Once again he had done no recruiting of his own and in a weird twist handed a **** storm over to John L Smith. (Smith just pulled a Petrino in a way in that while Petrino bailed on the Falcons just months into his contract, Smith had just signed on to be the Weber State HC 4 months before he took the Arkansas job). Bielema was hired to try to save the program and couldn't.

So....basically....no he's never left a program in good shape. Ever. If you have an already talented roster he can take those existing players, win games, and then leave before he has to deal with the players he could recruit. Missouri State doesn't exactly have a program that is at that kind of level for him to work with.

FormerPokeCenter
January 16th, 2020, 02:38 PM
On the flip side, he's traditionally been a very good hire for area divorce attorneys and Harley Dealerships...

Sycamore62
January 16th, 2020, 02:57 PM
On the flip side, he's traditionally been a very good hire for area divorce attorneys and Harley Dealerships...

and emergency rooms

FormerPokeCenter
January 16th, 2020, 03:20 PM
That too! He's good for the local economy!

cx500d
January 16th, 2020, 04:38 PM
and emergency rooms

And for young new graduates looking to make an easy $20K

Sycamore62
January 16th, 2020, 09:42 PM
Petrino may literally be a Stimulus package for the Springfield economy

FormerPokeCenter
January 16th, 2020, 09:59 PM
Well, the last time he got involved with a Stimulus Package, it had disasterous consequences...

cx500d
January 16th, 2020, 10:00 PM
Well, the last time he got involved with a Stimulus Package, it had disasterous consequences...
Didn't seem to hurt her marriage prospect too much

FormerPokeCenter
January 16th, 2020, 10:02 PM
Well, she did look pretty stimulating....

http://www.televisioninternet.com/news/pictures/jessica-dorrell-arkansas-bobby-petrino-accident.jpg31331

FormerPokeCenter
January 16th, 2020, 10:07 PM
Though it is pretty amazing what $20K will buy these days...

JayJ79
January 17th, 2020, 12:41 AM
Didn't seem to hurt her marriage prospect too much

what about Petrino's marriage?

TheKingpin28
January 17th, 2020, 08:15 AM
Well, she did look pretty stimulating....

http://www.televisioninternet.com/news/pictures/jessica-dorrell-arkansas-bobby-petrino-accident.jpg31331You know he made that smirk after he saw her picture.

Sycamore62
January 17th, 2020, 08:45 AM
Why the long face?

Genetics.

BEAR
January 17th, 2020, 10:18 AM
Well I can't wait to see the Mo. St. Bears in Conway and travel there in 2021 & 2022. We've had some great games against them in the past. Will be cool to hear all the pig fans in this state again cry about how good they had it with him before his motorcycle adventure. xlolx