PDA

View Full Version : Best FCS comeback

NDSUFREAK
May 28th, 2007, 08:30 PM
The list is from the games posted on the "Your teams best comeback" thread.

Choose wisely...

The poll will go on for one week from today and then round 2 of the other comebacks listed will be voted on. Then those selected will continue on in the tourney type that I have going on here.

edit - MSU = MONTANA State

Grizalltheway
May 28th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Sophmore QB DAVE DICKENSON by the way :D

TexasTerror
May 28th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Your obviously missing 'The Drive' - FCS version...from an FCS quarterfinal...any of those other games playoff games?

Sam Houston State defeated Eastern Washington in dramatic fashion, 35-34 on the road in Cheney, Washington. The Bearkats were down 34-14 after the first play of the fourth quarter but that was when Dustin Long came to the rescue of the Bearkat faithful.

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=64408

NDSUFREAK
May 28th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Your obviously missing 'The Drive' - FCS version...from an FCS quarterfinal...any of those other games playoff games?

Sam Houston State defeated Eastern Washington in dramatic fashion, 35-34 on the road in Cheney, Washington. The Bearkats were down 34-14 after the first play of the fourth quarter but that was when Dustin Long came to the rescue of the Bearkat faithful.

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=64408

Remember, this is Round 1. Others are to come. That could be round 2 voting after this round it over.

TexasTerror
May 28th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Remember, this is Round 1. Others are to come. That could be round 2 voting after this round it over.

Sounds good to me!

I'm sure Pat could hook you up with some video...

GaSouthern
May 28th, 2007, 09:16 PM
1985 Georgia Southern beat Furman 44-42 Tacoma, Washington with Erk Russell at the reigns to win the national championship!

BigApp
May 28th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I'm sensing a West Coast bias with this poll...

NDSUFREAK
May 28th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Just relaxxxxxxxx, this is just round 1

aggie6thman
May 28th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I was at the UC Davis-NDSU game. I was pissed off that we managed to let that game slip away. Damn Bison...

Fresno St. Alum
May 29th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I voted for Montana vs SDSU.

I saw the NDSU comeback against UCD on tv last year, that sucked

Fresno St. Alum
May 29th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Best FCS/I-AA comeback was in 1991 when Nevada was losing to Weber St. 49-14 in the 3rd quarter and they came back and won 55-49. I believe that was Nevada's last year in the Big Sky before they moved on to the Big West.

BisonBacker
May 29th, 2007, 09:13 AM
NDSU VS. Montana should have been on that list.:(

NDSUFREAK
May 29th, 2007, 09:36 AM
NDSU VS. Montana should have been on that list.:(

DON'T WORRY. If you read the previous posts this is just Round 1.

BearsCountry
May 29th, 2007, 11:24 AM
2004 - Missouri State vs. Sam Houston State game.

4 touchdowns by both teams in the last 2 minutes of the game.

BigApp
May 29th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Just relaxxxxxxxx, this is just round 1

ok, I'll go back to relaxing now http://planetsmilies.net/tired-sleeping-smiley-17401.gif

NDSUFREAK
May 29th, 2007, 12:27 PM

score?

No_Skill
May 29th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I voted for Montana vs SDSU.

I saw the NDSU comeback against UCD on tv last year, that sucked

No...That Rocked!xthumbsupx

BearsCountry
May 29th, 2007, 01:12 PM
score?

MSU 33
SHSU 31

nmatsen
May 29th, 2007, 02:08 PM
In 2001 Northern Iowa down 9 to Western Kentucky for the Gateway Conference Crown with 1:39 left in the game, came back to win the title on a last second field goal. Also in 2003, Northern Iowa, down 24 to Southern Illinois for the Gateway title at halftime came back to win in front of a jam packed loud UNI-Dome!

Ya, ya ya, I know. This is just round one, I just want to see if any of these make it in round 2.

bobcatfan06
May 29th, 2007, 02:08 PM
What about the first round in 2005 when Texas State came back from a 35-16 deficit in the 2nd half to win, 50-35. The Bobcats scored 34 points in 16 minutes.

CopperCat
May 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM

Maybe he'll put some ASU games in the NEXT POLL......jeez, a little patience....xcoffeex

Appstate29
May 29th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Maybe he'll put some ASU games in the NEXT POLL......jeez, a little patience....xcoffeex

I want ASU games right now!

NDSUFREAK
May 29th, 2007, 03:01 PM

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Just Round 1 going on now my friends xrulesx

NDSUFREAK
May 29th, 2007, 05:23 PM
givin it a little goose. xthumbsupx

TheBisonator
May 29th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Out of those four, it's gotta be NDSU/UCD. I had never seen such a comeback by a football team since I was 10 years old, when I watched Frank Reich carry the Bills to a 41-38 comeback win over the Houston Oilers in the 1992 AFC Wild Card game.

douglasdmb
May 29th, 2007, 09:31 PM

I've only been following Bears football for a few years now, but that was still one of the best football games I've ever been too. It was one of those games where whoever had the ball last was gonna win the game, and SHSU scored with about a minute left. Of course, SHSU went on the semis that year. xthumbsupx

Probably the brightest moment of the Randy Ball era in Springfield.

GolfingGriz
May 30th, 2007, 01:39 AM
I voted for the UM game. That was back in the day when we didn't play defense. I can't remember the last time we scored 45 in a half, maybe this year against Fort Lewis.xthumbsupx

NDSUFREAK
May 30th, 2007, 10:27 AM
GOOSE

NDSUFREAK
May 30th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I'll actually close it on Friday sometime to have it just 5 days. 7 seems a little too long ;)

NDSUFREAK
May 31st, 2007, 01:28 PM
goosein

OldAggieAlum
May 31st, 2007, 04:04 PM
This wasn't an FCS game and involved a college that no longer has football, but one of the all-time best comebacks was in 1971 when UC Davis scored 16 points in the final 20 seconds to defeat Hayward State 30-29. Bob Biggs, the current Davis coach, was the quarterback that day.

No_Skill
May 31st, 2007, 06:12 PM
This wasn't an FCS game and involved a college that no longer has football, but one of the all-time best comebacks was in 1971 when UC Davis scored 16 points in the final 20 seconds to defeat Hayward State 30-29. Bob Biggs, the current Davis coach, was the quarterback that day.

How the heck did that happen? xeyebrowx

NDSUFREAK
June 1st, 2007, 12:27 AM
Montana vs SDSU - Down 38-7 in the 3rd Soph QB comes on to lead a victory of 52-48

THAT IS MOVING ON! Some time tomorrow I will have Round 2 going.

OldAggieAlum
June 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
How the heck did that happen? xeyebrowx
The Nov. 1, 2006 issue of the Eugene Register-Guard has a long article detailing how it happened, but you have to pay to retrieve a copy now. Mike Bellotti at Oregon was also involved and uses the story to inspire his Oregon teams. I'm getting old and don't remember the details.

OldAggieAlum
June 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Here's an excerpt from the article:

For UC Davis, "The Miracle Minute" actually took less than that. The Aggies, playing on the road, trailed 29-14 when they got the football, after a 30-yard punt return, on the Hayward 42. There were 44 seconds left; Davis had no timeouts.

On first down, quarterback Bob Biggs hit Mike Everly for 16 yards. Two passes fell incomplete, and on third-and-10, Biggs looked for his 190-pound junior tight end.

Bellotti ran a crossing route, caught the ball 10 or 15 yards downfield and was tackled at the 2. Fullback George Mock scored on the next play, and Biggs' pass to Rick Fortner brought the Aggies within seven, at 29-22. Twenty seconds left.

The Aggies recovered the onside kick at the Hayward 44. Fifteen seconds left. Biggs threw incomplete, then connected on an out pattern for 15 yards. First down at the Hayward 29.

Four seconds left. Time for one more play. It would go to Bellotti.

"We called that same play," he said. "This was a longer throw. (Biggs) threw it probably 35 or 40 yards because he scrambled around. I felt like I was open, and all of a sudden I see the ball come floating in the air, and it seemed like it was up there for an eternity."

Bellotti caught it in the end zone. Time had expired, UCD trailed by a point, and because the Aggies lost a league game the week before, coach Jim Sochor went for the two-point conversion and the win.

Except, Biggs pulled away from center too early, and penalty flags flew. Illegal procedure. Initially, the game was ruled over, Hayward players started to leave, thinking they'd won, and Bellotti remembers the UC Davis defensive coordinator racing from the press box in protest.

Officials realized that the whistle had blown before the snap, thus no play. That illegal procedure penalty was followed by another, and UCD was back at the 13.

Third time was charmed. Biggs scrambled, then threw to Everly in the back of the end zone, and the receiver made a diving left- handed catch in heavy coverage.