PDA

View Full Version : NDSU at Oregon. Who wins?

ming01
January 12th, 2020, 06:31 PM
Cant wait for this game. Any Duck fans on here? Oregon will be very solid on defense and lots of position players back on Offense. Lose QB and 4 OL. They do bring in a few 5 Star LB. Our strength will go vs their strength. NDSU O vs Ore D. This will be NDSUs fastest offense during this run.

I think it will be close. NDSU needs to improve the DT spot and get a passing game going to win.

TheKingpin28
January 12th, 2020, 06:41 PM
I am generally against transfers, unless they can fill a hole, and getting a DT, CB, and S who can play would be quite nice. If I could only have one, give me a stonewall that can play the 3 technique.

NDSU will give them all they can handle though.

caribbeanhen
January 12th, 2020, 06:51 PM
Bison win again, Will schedule LSU or Alabama in a few years....

POD Knows
January 12th, 2020, 07:43 PM
No chance NDSU wins this game, none, zero, zip, nada, #BOOKIT

bonarae
January 12th, 2020, 08:22 PM
A scant chance for a scalp, given Oregon having the ability to regroup quickly barring coaching changes.

Bison can keep this close, though. xtwocentsx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BEAR
January 12th, 2020, 08:30 PM
Oregon by 5 TDs. Not even close. xcoffeexxtwocentsx

PaladinFan
January 12th, 2020, 08:55 PM

NDSU's had a great run in the FCS, but Oregon's a different animal.

FCS programs can sometimes sneak up in these games, but that usually requires some luck and timing. It helps if the FBS program is overlooking the FCS team. I doubt Oregon is going to look past NDSU.

cx500d
January 12th, 2020, 08:56 PM
Did you not see post 4? Shortly after post 4 was made, the Vegas odds went to NDSU -21

Seawolf97
January 12th, 2020, 09:31 PM
The Ducks will roll easily over the Bison

Hammerhead
January 12th, 2020, 09:52 PM
The Ducks will spend most of summer camp preparing for Theeee Ohio State and think they can breeze past NDSU.

FCS programs can sometimes sneak up in these games, but that usually requires some luck and timing. It helps if the FBS program is overlooking the FCS team. I doubt Oregon is going to look past NDSU.

SUPharmacist
January 12th, 2020, 10:00 PM
Can’t wait for this game. Hoping to get out there and see it.

Drblankstare
January 12th, 2020, 10:17 PM
Why in gods name does Oregon or any FBS team schedule NDSU? There are any number of FCS teams to use as a tune up game.

If you **** around and don’t take them seriously they will beat you and get paid to do it. I thought for sure after the Iowa game, they wouldn’t get another FBS game for 20 years.

Yes Oregon is very good and should win easily, but talk about tempting fate.

ming01
January 12th, 2020, 10:38 PM
By the time they realize NDSU is good enough to beat them its 7 rip NDSU and then we hang around all game. Oregon will realize Lance will be the 2nd-3rd best QB they play all season.

Schism55
January 13th, 2020, 12:02 AM
Oregon wins, but it will be a competitive game.
Here's to no injuries and no turnovers for El Bison xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
January 13th, 2020, 05:26 AM
Why in gods name does Oregon or any FBS team schedule NDSU? There are any number of FCS teams to use as a tune up game.

If you **** around and don’t take them seriously they will beat you and get paid to do it. I thought for sure after the Iowa game, they wouldn’t get another FBS game for 20 years.

Exactly this. I'm glad they did schedule us but don't understand it eithe and I'm sure their fans are saying the same thing. I give us a chance only because they are starting a new QB along with many other players. I've already read comments similar to all the other fbs fanbases of the past teams NDSU has played saying similar stupid comments about NDSU blah blah blah. Man I hope we put up a big W!

Daytripper
January 13th, 2020, 05:47 AM
Oregon.

JSUSoutherner
January 13th, 2020, 05:51 AM
Who is taking over at Oregon for Justin Herbert? That's the real question.

If Herbert was staying I'd say it wouldn't be close, but putting up some newb against NDSU might not go well. They also have Ohio State in week two, which may cause NDSU to get overlooked.

I think it's too early to really say. I could see Oregon being top 10 or just straight trash next year.

PaladinFan
January 13th, 2020, 07:32 AM

If Herbert was staying I'd say it wouldn't be close, but putting up some newb against NDSU might not go well. They also have Ohio State in week two, which may cause NDSU to get overlooked.

I think it's too early to really say. I could see Oregon being top 10 or just straight trash next year.

With the state of college football and the new transfer rules, it really isn't that hard for power FBS programs to just reload every year at QB.

Gil Dobie
January 13th, 2020, 08:21 AM
Hope Oregon isn't using this game to audition Trey for his Senior season.

100%GRIZ
January 13th, 2020, 08:42 AM
I picked Oregon but NDSU gets the BIG payday!

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 13th, 2020, 08:54 AM
It's really hard to tell how good Oregon will be to start the season. When NDSU played and beat K-State in 2013 the Wildcats were breaking in a new QB following Colin Klein graduating. That was a huge boost to the Bison's chances imo. Ultimately, once the QB situation was settled K-State would prove to be a fringe Top 25 team. It appears that expectations are still going to be quite high in Eugene because of their defense and the fact the PAC 12 simply doesn't have much quality at the top. The Washington schools will have new coaches, Helton is back at USC, Edwards will be up and down at ASU, UCLA has the Chipster and Stanford has finally come back to earth.

I absolutely think NDSU can win but the odds are in the Ducks favor imo. I'll say the Bison lose a close one but it really doesn't matter as they easily win another title.

If NDSU beats Oregon they should forgo the 2020 playoffs and go to a bowl. IIRC, there were steps taken to get Alcorn State and Steve McNair in a bowl in 1994. 26 years later it finally happens....

IBleedYellow
January 13th, 2020, 08:58 AM
Obviously the odds are in the Ducks favor, but I will NEVER count the Bison out until that clock strikes 0:00.

NDSU by 2.

ming01
January 13th, 2020, 09:47 AM
Hope Oregon isn't using this game to audition Trey for his Senior season.

I keep seeing this but I have a hard time believing Trey would transfer. NDSU is different. Has nothing to prove. More likely he leaves for draft early than transfer to a bigger school.

dewey
January 13th, 2020, 09:51 AM

There has been some speculation about Wake Forest quarterback Jamie Newman heading to the Northwest via grand transfer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Jamie-Newman-graduate-quarterback-transfer-portal-Oregon-Ducks-football-Wake-Forest-Demon-Deacons-141378958/Amp/

Dewey

SUPharmacist
January 13th, 2020, 09:54 AM
I absolutely think NDSU can win but the odds are in the Ducks favor imo. I'll say the Bison lose a close one but it really doesn't matter as they easily win another title.

If NDSU beats Oregon they should forgo the 2020 playoffs and go to a bowl. IIRC, there were steps taken to get Alcorn State and Steve McNair in a bowl in 1994. 26 years later it finally happens....

As a fan I will be completely irrational and say NDSU by 3. Should that craziness happen, there is no way NDSU would skip the playoffs for a bowl even if an offer came. It is not like they would get an offer for a high profile bowl game anyway. I am hoping Oregon is really good next year. It will be good for NDSU to get a challenging game early on.

SUPharmacist
January 13th, 2020, 09:55 AM
Just voted, didn't realize so many were massive homers like I am.

gsf23nd
January 13th, 2020, 10:38 AM
Don't know if the Bison will will, but I would bet them to cover.

uni88
January 13th, 2020, 10:40 AM
No chance NDSU loses this game, none, zero, zip, nada, #BOOKIT

Love the confidence! xsmiley_wix

thebootfitter
January 13th, 2020, 10:59 AM
I'm giving NDSU a roughly 10-15% at pulling the upset. A lot of things would have to fall in their favor, but it's definitely possible. For what it's worth, that's about the same probability I had for both K-State and Iowa, but even with those odds, I was guessing the Bison would win. This one, I'm not so sure about. If I was forced to bet straight up, I'd probably pick Oregon.

My dream scenario:
NDSU pulls the upset at a #5 ranked Oregon. Then Oregon beats tOSU at home the next week. Neither Oregon nor tOSU lose another game during the regular season. And meanwhile, the Bison crush every FCS team on their way to another championship.

The Bison would very likely be AP fringe top 25 all season. They'd surpass Oklahoma for the longest D-I winning streak ever. Their streak against FBS teams at 7 would be one of the current longest active win streaks against FBS teams. There might even be legitimate Heisman buzz for Trey Lance. (Still don't think he'd have a shot at winning it, though.) NDSU would potentially crack the top 15 in the computer models. Maybe even top 10.

Farfetched? Probably. But maybe not.

Professor Chaos
January 13th, 2020, 11:09 AM
My head says Oregon wins by 14-17 points. You all know what my heart says.

Of course my head said that NDSU would lose by 17-21 at Iowa in 2016 too.

Hammersmith
January 13th, 2020, 11:12 AM

I've always enjoyed this article:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/8/30/6086977/north-dakota-state-fcs-fbs-STOP-PLAYING-THEM

Hope SBNation gets to refresh and use it a couple more times.

Lorne_Malvo
January 13th, 2020, 11:16 AM
If NDSU wins at Autzen many heads will explode.

Bisonator
January 13th, 2020, 11:17 AM
I'll never pick against the Bison. Looking forward to the game win or lose. Bring on the Ducks!

BEAR
January 13th, 2020, 12:14 PM

I applaud NDSU for their success at the FCS level. But honestly they have proven at every level that they eventually belong at the next level up. They have a system that works in football. I know the $$ is a big issue in moving up for just about every FCS school and that is likely why they are not on their way to FBS yet. Hopefully they can sort that out with all the success they've had at the FCS level. Don't know where they'd fit in or what conference due to location, but if I were a Bison fan I'd be starting the process for moving up somehow. Once UCA establishes success in the playoffs and gets their donors to move on the school I can see us going to the Sun Belt or similar conference. We'll never be a P5 program I get that. But my point with both NDSU and UCA is that there is a conference for us in the G5 especially as those schools start to seperate from each other in many ways. Arkansas State may not be considered for the Bowl championship but winning their conference and going to some good bowl games numerous times is probably a lot of fun for their 20k fans that live in a sparsely populated state that shares the crowds with an SEC school (although pathetic as it is it's SEC anyway).

JALMOND
January 13th, 2020, 12:31 PM
I would love to see NDSU knock off the Rubber Duckies, but I highly doubt it will happen.

gsf23nd
January 13th, 2020, 12:42 PM
I applaud NDSU for their success at the FCS level. But honestly they have proven at every level that they eventually belong at the next level up. They have a system that works in football. I know the $$ is a big issue in moving up for just about every FCS school and that is likely why they are not on their way to FBS yet. Hopefully they can sort that out with all the success they've had at the FCS level. Don't know where they'd fit in or what conference due to location, but if I were a Bison fan I'd be starting the process for moving up somehow. Once UCA establishes success in the playoffs and gets their donors to move on the school I can see us going to the Sun Belt or similar conference. We'll never be a P5 program I get that. But my point with both NDSU and UCA is that there is a conference for us in the G5 especially as those schools start to seperate from each other in many ways. Arkansas State may not be considered for the Bowl championship but winning their conference and going to some good bowl games numerous times is probably a lot of fun for their 20k fans that live in a sparsely populated state that shares the crowds with an SEC school (although pathetic as it is it's SEC anyway).

The money is an issue. A Conference affiliation is an issue. A bigger stadium is an issue. But I think the biggest issue of all, and what both Gene Taylor and Matt Larsen have said and that is that NDSU wants to play for championships. If you move up to the Mountain West or Sunbelt or some conference like that, you will never play for a championship again. The best you can hope for is some middle tier bowl game.

I still think that eventually the P5 is going to break away. The G5 will then be able to have a playoff and championship of their own. I really think that is the only way that NDSU would make to jump up.

AmsterBison
January 13th, 2020, 12:44 PM
I would love to see NDSU knock off the Rubber Duckies, but I highly doubt it will happen.

To my untrained eye, Oregon's defense looks way better than it used to be... they also look every single player on it could pick up their second Unsportsmanlike Conduct by the second series.

thebootfitter
January 13th, 2020, 01:06 PM
...but if I were a Bison fan I'd be starting the process for moving up somehow.

Ha! As a fan, I'll get right on that. I'll let you know how far I get. [emoji39]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JALMOND
January 13th, 2020, 01:22 PM

There are a few Pac-12 teams that I think NDSU would have a fighting chance to win (like the Beavers), but Oregon is not one of them. The information that I am constantly forced down on me indicates that the Duckies are just another animal all together. It is a long time between now and the start of the game, but I would be surprised if the Bison stay within 3 touchdowns of the Duckies. Case in point, the Griz lost to the Ducks 35-3 and most Griz fans were pleased with the effort. Ducks lose Herbert (who was a phenomenal player even for Duck standards), but they have Dye coming back at running back. It could change as the game comes close, but right now I don't see the Bison beating them.

BEAR
January 13th, 2020, 01:45 PM
The money is an issue. A Conference affiliation is an issue. A bigger stadium is an issue. But I think the biggest issue of all, and what both Gene Taylor and Matt Larsen have said and that is that NDSU wants to play for championships. If you move up to the Mountain West or Sunbelt or some conference like that, you will never play for a championship again. The best you can hope for is some middle tier bowl game.

I still think that eventually the P5 is going to break away. The G5 will then be able to have a playoff and championship of their own. I really think that is the only way that NDSU would make to jump up.

NDSU stadium holds almost 20k right? Or something like that. Arkansas State's stadium holds 30k and all their fans could do was complain about how they are barely getting 20k. I think the entire Sunbelt likely averaged 18k last year. But I guess NDSU would need a fundraiser superhero to get the $$ support to move up. I think your stadium is fine for a G5 conference with teams having to travel up there, it would most likely be just your fans there anyway. xlolx But I do like the idea of the G5 having their own championship. Otherwise quality football schools like NDSU won't move up. At least your stadium holds what it does...ours holds 9k..we'd have to almost triple the size just to qualify. xlolx

Professor Chaos
January 13th, 2020, 01:47 PM
There are a few Pac-12 teams that I think NDSU would have a fighting chance to win (like the Beavers), but Oregon is not one of them. The information that I am constantly forced down on me indicates that the Duckies are just another animal all together. It is a long time between now and the start of the game, but I would be surprised if the Bison stay within 3 touchdowns of the Duckies. Case in point, the Griz lost to the Ducks 35-3 and most Griz fans were pleased with the effort. Ducks lose Herbert (who was a phenomenal player even for Duck standards), but they have Dye coming back at running back. It could change as the game comes close, but right now I don't see the Bison beating them.
There's a few reasons I could see it being tighter than the local Duckers think:
1) Ohio St comes to Autzen the week after this game - everyone will be looking ahead to that game even the players (although I'm sure they'll tell you they won't be).
2) NDSU will most likely be returning 8 of 11 offensive starters. Two of three who aren't returning are the TE and RB which are probably the deepest positions on the team. They've got the horses to put up points on Oregon's stout defense.
3) New QB and almost an entirely new O-line for Oregon means their offense could get off to a slow start.

I'd definitely take NDSU +21 in this one. I'd guess the betting lines will be in the Oregon -15 range.

thebootfitter
January 13th, 2020, 02:09 PM
There are a few Pac-12 teams that I think NDSU would have a fighting chance to win (like the Beavers), but Oregon is not one of them. The information that I am constantly forced down on me indicates that the Duckies are just another animal all together. It is a long time between now and the start of the game, but I would be surprised if the Bison stay within 3 touchdowns of the Duckies. Case in point, the Griz lost to the Ducks 35-3 and most Griz fans were pleased with the effort. Ducks lose Herbert (who was a phenomenal player even for Duck standards), but they have Dye coming back at running back. It could change as the game comes close, but right now I don't see the Bison beating them.NDSU will look more like Wisconsin versus the Ducks than Montana versus the ducks. The Bison very likely won't win, but I think it's a stretch to anticipate a blowout unless the wheels just fall off for the Bison.

BisonFan02
January 13th, 2020, 02:26 PM
NDSU will have a problem with the Oregon D and team speed. Gonna be interesting to watch.

gsf23nd
January 13th, 2020, 03:07 PM
NDSU will have a problem with the Oregon D and team speed. Gonna be interesting to watch.

Yeah, don't think the Bison have had to deal with that "west coast speed" yet. :D

JALMOND
January 13th, 2020, 03:45 PM
There's a few reasons I could see it being tighter than the local Duckers think:
1) Ohio St comes to Autzen the week after this game - everyone will be looking ahead to that game even the players (although I'm sure they'll tell you they won't be).
2) NDSU will most likely be returning 8 of 11 offensive starters. Two of three who aren't returning are the TE and RB which are probably the deepest positions on the team. They've got the horses to put up points on Oregon's stout defense.
3) New QB and almost an entirely new O-line for Oregon means their offense could get off to a slow start.

I'd definitely take NDSU +21 in this one. I'd guess the betting lines will be in the Oregon -15 range.

I'm not one to try to analyze things eight months out. A lot could change between now and then. For me, I am anticipating to see firsthand what a FCS championship team truly looks like and then seeing what Portland State needs to do to get there. And if by chance the Bison can beat the Rubber Duckies, I will truly be ecstatic.

Herder
January 13th, 2020, 03:52 PM
If Oregon QB play is average, the Bison will hang, you can guarantee that. NDSU will need to sell out on stopping the run, which is usually NDSU bread and butter. If there's elite QB play by Oregon, it will be awful tough sledding. But, the best QB will be wearing bison colors, that I can most certainly say. Oregon D better be sharp. Bison will easily cover 21. 14 would be a better number.

Herder
January 13th, 2020, 04:01 PM
IF Oregon want to play bully smash mouth ball, game on. It will be a tight game.

IF Oregon uses speed to win this game, w'll win by 14.

frozennorth
January 13th, 2020, 06:27 PM
2020 is the preseason GOAT fcs team.

ming01
January 13th, 2020, 06:48 PM
If NDSU wins at Autzen many heads will explode.

It would be the most entertaining of any FBS win

caribbeanhen
January 13th, 2020, 07:57 PM
glad the Bison are playing this game, no reason to think they cant win it

marenlee
January 13th, 2020, 08:27 PM

This has never been said before!

marenlee
January 13th, 2020, 08:31 PM
Every FBS game the Bison have dealt with. Those wins over Kansas, Minnesota, and Colorado State were nice, but "Kansas State is a different animal." No way brand new NDSU coaching staff and QB could beat BXII Iowa State. The Bison have never faced a team as good as Iowa. You'd think people would learn by now? Those were different Bison teams but the same program. This will be a longshot, but NDSU will gain more respect, win or lose, after the game is over.

Hammerhead
January 13th, 2020, 09:00 PM
Sagarin predicts the Bison would be 3rd in the PAC-12 North and 3rd in the south.

ming01
January 13th, 2020, 09:37 PM
Oregon lost to ASU and had close games with Cal and Oregon State. It can be done.

Chalupa Batman
January 13th, 2020, 09:48 PM
Oregon is ducked!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

NDB
January 13th, 2020, 10:03 PM
NDSU beat Oregon?

Only if we're smoking quack!

dewey
January 13th, 2020, 10:16 PM
I'll never pick against the Bison. Looking forward to the game win or lose. Bring on the Ducks!

Hell yeah! I completely agree.

Dewey

Chalupa Batman
January 13th, 2020, 10:21 PM
NDSU beat Oregon?

Only if we're smoking quack!

Winterborn
January 14th, 2020, 08:52 AM
I have Oregon in this by a pretty safe margin. Guessing about 3 touchdown win for them.

I "hope" we keep it much closer but the odds are against us. That said, I will be making sacrifices to the football gods right up till game time so we get all the favorable calls, lucky bounces and Oregon has a rash of sportsmen like conduct penalties (and a few ejections). :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 14th, 2020, 09:19 AM
Hell yeah! I completely agree.

Dewey

Agree.

Looking forward to the great Oregon team defending power, play action and Trey.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 14th, 2020, 09:30 AM
I can almost bet the Oregon players will cocky as heck right away celebrating every tackle like it's a ESPN top 10 moment but then soon realize this team is hitting them right back in the mouth.

Bison will play with them.

Yote 53
January 14th, 2020, 09:30 AM
What time is kickoff? I think one of the biggest factors being overlooked is the game is on the west coast in Pacific time zone. Traveling west for a game like this will make a difference.

thebootfitter
January 14th, 2020, 09:39 AM
What time is kickoff? I think one of the biggest factors being overlooked is the game is on the west coast in Pacific time zone. Traveling west for a game like this will make a difference.TBD

AmsterBison
January 14th, 2020, 11:48 AM
Ohio State.

JacksFan40
January 14th, 2020, 11:52 AM
I seriously don’t get how people think Oregon will walk all over NDSU. Oregon might be a top FBS program but NDSU isn’t exactly the typical FCS team. Hell SDSU almost beat Minnesota who finished 11-2, and NDSU beat SDSU. I expect it to be similar to the Iowa game.

Professor Chaos
January 14th, 2020, 12:14 PM
I seriously don’t get how people think Oregon will walk all over NDSU. Oregon might be a top FBS program but NDSU isn’t exactly the typical FCS team. Hell SDSU almost beat Minnesota who finished 11-2, and NDSU beat SDSU. I expect it to be similar to the Iowa game.
NDSU beat SDSU, SDSU almost beat Minnesota, Minnesota beat Auburn, and Auburn beat Oregon.

Therefore NDSU > Oregon. Simple!

Winterborn
January 14th, 2020, 12:17 PM
Ohio State.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. xthumbsupx

thebootfitter
January 14th, 2020, 06:33 PM
Here I was giving NDSU a roughly 10-15% chance to beat Oregon next year. And Massey is suggesting we have a 20% chance. I like that even better! And in Massey's 7-game simulator, NDSU won four of the hypothetical match ups when I ran it. :-)

For what its worth, I believe that according to Massey and Sagarin, NDSU only had a roughly 10-15% chance to beat K-State in 2013 and Iowa in 2016. I do believe it will be a close game.

Edited to add: This attachment is showing the simulator and match up tool based on this years teams. In all likelihood, next year's Bison should be as strong, if not stronger. And losing a starting QB and 4/5 of the offensive line could make for a slightly shaky start (for Oregon). Can't wait!

Grizzlies82
January 14th, 2020, 06:49 PM
Here I was giving NDSU a roughly 10-15% chance to beat Oregon next year. And Massey is suggesting we have a 20% chance. I like that even better! And in Massey's 7-game simulator, NDSU won four of the hypothetical match ups when I ran it. :-)

For what its worth, I believe that according to Massey and Sagarin, NDSU only had a roughly 10-15% chance to beat K-State in 2013 and Iowa in 2016. I do believe it will be a close game.

Edited to add: This attachment is showing the simulator and match up tool based on this years teams. In all likelihood, next year's Bison should be as strong, if not stronger. And losing a starting QB and 4/5 of the offensive line could make for a slightly shaky start. Can't wait!

This will be an interesting game. Hope it is televised where I can watch. It could be a very good game. I thought Montana played them well in a general sense. We bottled up their run game pretty well but had no answer for their passing game. Every time they needed it Herbert would hit a long pass play. Their wide receiver talent and speed were clearly a big problem. This will be the same for the Bison too.

I expect the NDSU offense will have better success than Montana had. Yet the outcome of the game may depend on how well the Duck's new QB plays. If Herbert were returning I'd take the Ducks by 21+ points. Without him I just don't know what to expect. Should be fun to watch.

thebootfitter
January 14th, 2020, 09:30 PM
If Herbert were returning I'd take the Ducks by 21+ points. Without him I just don't know what to expect. Should be fun to watch.
Expect a good game. Expect NDSU to remain within striking distance the entire game. And maybe expect a surprise NDSU win. But that might be expecting too much.

Hammerhead
January 14th, 2020, 09:44 PM
The current Sagarin ratings have Oregon favored by 17 and losing by that much wouldn't be embarrassing.

For comparison, Sagarin has NDSU favored over NC A&T by 26.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 14th, 2020, 10:28 PM
NDSU wins by 3.

ming01
January 14th, 2020, 10:30 PM
Expect a good game. Expect NDSU to remain within striking distance the entire game. And maybe expect a surprise NDSU win. But that might be expecting too much.

Stick did alright as a sophomore vs Iowa. Trey is even better. What are odds we need a late drive to win? Happened vs KSU and Iowa. Oh boy.

thebootfitter
January 14th, 2020, 10:36 PM
Stick did alright as a sophomore vs Iowa. Trey is even better. What are odds we need a late drive to win? Happened vs KSU and Iowa. Oh boy.
That's the sort of scenario that I'm hoping for and half expecting. My expectations might be too high, and I might walk away disappointed, but I'm okay with that.

JacksFan40
January 15th, 2020, 12:26 AM
NDSU beat SDSU, SDSU almost beat Minnesota, Minnesota beat Auburn, and Auburn beat Oregon.

Therefore NDSU > Oregon. Simple!
Auburn also beat Bama so does the mean NDSU > Alabama?

TheKingpin28
January 15th, 2020, 07:13 AM
Auburn also beat Bama so does the mean NDSU > Alabama?Yes. Joe Burrow has NDSU in his DNA. xcoffeex xlolx

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bison56
January 15th, 2020, 07:41 AM
Going to be a nail biter.

dewey
January 15th, 2020, 07:53 AM
The Wake Forest graduate transfer quarterback Jamie Newman decided over the weekend to transfer to the University of Georgia.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
January 15th, 2020, 08:36 AM
Yes. Joe Burrow has NDSU in his DNA. xcoffeex xlolx

When Joe Burrow was a 2nd grader at Fargo's Centennial Elementary in 2004 he decided to play football at recess one day. After tossing interceptions on consecutive plays he was ready to give up the game forever. He was approached by a mysterious hooded figure who told him not to give up, to keep trying, and that if he did he could one day become a Heisman Trophy winner and #1 pick in the NFL draft. It inspired him to keep at it and the rest is history. That hooded figure's name was (4 year old) Trey Lance.

TheKingpin28
January 15th, 2020, 09:23 AM
When Joe Burrow was a 2nd grader at Fargo's Centennial Elementary in 2004 he decided to play football at recess one day. After tossing interceptions on consecutive plays he was ready to give up the game forever. He was approached by a mysterious hooded figure who told him not to give up, to keep trying, and that if he did he could one day become a Heisman Trophy winner and #1 pick in the NFL draft. It inspired him to keep at it and the rest is history. That hooded figure's name was (4 year old) Trey Lance.You already know I'm ready for that 30 for 30 docuseries on this. If it weren't for Fargo, Joe Burrow wouldn't be where he is today.

caribbeanhen
January 15th, 2020, 03:17 PM
Burrow is the next Brady

JSUSoutherner
January 15th, 2020, 03:43 PM
Burrow is the next Brady

Nope.

Brady can't stay out of sacks like Burrow can.

Burrow reminds me a lot more of Russell Wilson than Brady with the way he extends plays.

Professor Chaos
January 16th, 2020, 12:27 PM
Former Fordham (and Mississippi St) head coach Joe Moorhead is expected to be named the new Offensive Coordinator at Oregon. He was the OC at Penn St before landing the Mississippi St head coaching job.

putter
January 16th, 2020, 03:23 PM
Bison will fare better than the Griz on O because of their quality O Line. Montana's was lacking and Oregon's defense is fast, that is what NDSU will struggle with. 31-14 Ducks as they break in a new QB

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 17th, 2020, 07:44 AM
I'll take NDSU's former defensive assistant at Arizona State now word when he said NDSU can absolutely play with Oregon. Bison OL will be even better next year.

semobison
January 17th, 2020, 09:17 AM
Obviously my head says we can't beat Oregon. My head thought the same when we played K State and Iowa. O-line and QB-advantage Bison!

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 17th, 2020, 01:19 PM
NDSU vs Iowa is currently on ESPNU....

Grizalltheway
January 17th, 2020, 01:36 PM
Obviously my head says we can't beat Oregon. My head thought the same when we played K State and Iowa. O-line and QB-advantage Bison!
Oregon loses 4 of 5 from the second-ranked OL in FBS last year, so that may be true, but it's definitely too early to make the call on QB. Not saying Lance isn't good, but the guys in front of him definitely make his job easier.

NEBison
January 17th, 2020, 01:47 PM
Burrow is the next Brady

do you write for the President?

https://www.wlwt.com/article/trump-welcomes-lsu-to-the-white-house-calls-joe-burrow-a-young-tom-brady/30568498

dewey
January 17th, 2020, 02:37 PM
Oregon returns 9 players on defense (assuming underclassmen return).

232 days until kickoff.

Dewey

dewey
January 17th, 2020, 03:09 PM
Single game tickets for the Oregon vs North Dakota State game go on sale 10 June 2020.

Dewey

POD Knows
January 17th, 2020, 03:56 PM
Single game tickets for the Oregon vs North Dakota State game go on sale 10 June 2020.

DeweyI can tickets right now on different sites, about $60. Do you have any idea where the NDSU allocation seats will be in that stadium? What section/area.

caribbeanhen
January 17th, 2020, 04:39 PM
Bison win this game

And will get shocked the next week by North Carolina A&T

I’ll be sticking with this line all year until September.

semobison
January 17th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Bison win this game

And will get shocked the next week by North Carolina A&T

I’ll be sticking with this line all year until September.

You messed it up already. NDSU plays Drake the following week after Oregon then A&T in week three!:D

caribbeanhen
January 17th, 2020, 05:51 PM
You messed it up already. NDSU plays Drake the following week after Oregon then A&T in week three!:D

well now... who knew this..... but good to know

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 17th, 2020, 07:18 PM
NDSU wins 17-13

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

dewey
January 18th, 2020, 02:10 PM
I can tickets right now on different sites, about $60. Do you have any idea where the NDSU allocation seats will be in that stadium? What section/area.

I haven't heard anything from Bison 1660 The Insiders.

Dewey

ming01
January 19th, 2020, 12:09 AM
I thought I saw section 37 and 38 will be visitors

Herder
January 20th, 2020, 05:16 AM

its a guarantee the Ducks dont believe NDSU can play with them. Coaches can say all the right things, and players will parrot the same, but it’s a guarantee, and that’s dangerous for the ducks. Saw it at Iowa most recently.

JALMOND
January 20th, 2020, 12:25 PM
its a guarantee the Ducks dont believe NDSU can play with them. Coaches can say all the right things, and players will parrot the same, but it’s a guarantee, and that’s dangerous for the ducks. Saw it at Iowa most recently.

As much as I hate the Ducks, a lot of information gets thrown at me from all sides. This I can say, while the Ducks might overlook the Bison, the Bison better not overlook the Ducks. Truth of the matter, the Ducks are better than any other FBS team the Bison have seen recently. The Ducks treat the FCS game no different than any other game. They may try to go pretty vanilla at first, but they will be prepared, and they won't get rattled if the game is close. Nothing would please me more than seeing the Bison knock the arrogance from the Rubber Duckies, but I still can't see them winning.

dewey
January 20th, 2020, 12:36 PM
The Ducks return the number 1 offensive lineman in the country next fall according to this link. They say he would have been a top 5 pick this year.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-top-30-offensive-linemen-returning-2020

Dewey

dewey
January 20th, 2020, 12:40 PM
Dang does Oregon return some studs in the secondary.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-top-30-defensive-backs-returning-in-2020

#'s 2,6,15 and 30.

Wow!

Dewey

Chalupa Batman
January 20th, 2020, 07:13 PM
As much as I hate the Ducks, a lot of information gets thrown at me from all sides. This I can say, while the Ducks might overlook the Bison, the Bison better not overlook the Ducks. Truth of the matter, the Ducks are better than any other FBS team the Bison have seen recently. The Ducks treat the FCS game no different than any other game. They may try to go pretty vanilla at first, but they will be prepared, and they won't get rattled if the game is close. Nothing would please me more than seeing the Bison knock the arrogance from the Rubber Duckies, but I still can't see them winning.

Warning an FCS team against overlooking a top 10 (most likely) FBS opponent? Can't say I've ever seen that advice given before. Another first attained by the Bison! xthumbsupx

Silenoz
January 22nd, 2020, 04:52 PM
All I know is I feel sorry for the people lakes will endlessly annoy for the next 8 months

dewey
January 22nd, 2020, 10:58 PM
All I know is I feel sorry for the people lakes will endlessly annoy for the next 8 months

LOL! I am sure he is in full force on any Oregon Ducks forum.

Dewey

Bisonator
January 23rd, 2020, 08:05 AM
8 months? He's been on their board since last May!xlolx

BisonBacker
January 23rd, 2020, 04:59 PM
Bwahahaha....This is so True. Great Post.

NDSU1980
January 23rd, 2020, 07:38 PM
All I know is I feel sorry for the people lakes will endlessly annoy for the next 8 monthsHow about those of us on Bisonville? And God only knows how many names/accounts he has on Bisonville.

BisonFan02
January 26th, 2020, 12:09 PM
How about those of us on Bisonville? And God only knows how many names/accounts he has on Bisonville.

That's your own fault for being on Bisonville.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 26th, 2020, 01:16 PM
Dang does Oregon return some studs in the secondary.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-top-30-defensive-backs-returning-in-2020

#'s 2,6,15 and 30.

Wow!

Dewey

Duck defense will be a good one next year. Fun matchup to watch on how they defend the power run game.