PDA

View Full Version : 2020 OFFSEASON CAA NEWS

Gangtackle11
December 27th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Might as well get this posted with 11 of 12 teams in their off season. xpeacex

UAalum72
December 27th, 2019, 06:41 PM
Albany announced 11 signees in the early period, expect the class to grow to 20 with the Feb. group.
Joey Carino | 5-11 | 190 | QB Archbishop Stepinac | Somers, N.Y.
Tyson Foster | 6-1 | 280 | OL Aquinas Institute | Rochester, N.Y.
Scott Houseman | 6-3 | 315 | OL Lackawanna College | Jacob's Creek, Pa.
Ben Howe-Jones | 6-1 | 195 | DB General McLane | Edinboro, Pa.
Bradley Igweike | 5-9 | 165 | DB Guilderland | Guilderland, N.Y.
Will Marotta | 6-4 | 265 | OL Perkiomen Valley | Collegeville, Pa.
Jack Mottola | 6-3 | 215 | DL Northern Valley Regional at Demarest | Closter, N.J.
Jackson Parker | 6-2 | 180 | WR Cheshire Academy | Cheshire, Conn.
Max Plank | 6-4 | 240 | DL Wyoming Seminary Uppe School | Vienna, Austria
Max Schipani | 6-3 | 185 | DB Seton-La Salle | Pittsburg, Pa..
Maxwell Schumann | 6-3 | 330 | OL College of Dupage | West Chicago, Ill.

https://ualbanysports.com/news/2019/12/18/football-football-announces-11-early-signees.aspx

Starting LT Micah Royster has graduated and will not play his final season. The Great Danes must replace 4 OL, 3 WR, and six on defense.

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 30th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Albany announced 11 signees in the early period, expect the class to grow to 20 with the Feb. group.
Jack Mottola | 6-3 | 215 | DL Northern Valley Regional at Demarest | Closter, N.J.

https://ualbanysports.com/news/2019/12/18/football-football-announces-11-early-signees.aspx

Starting LT Micah Royster has graduated and will not play his final season. The Great Danes must replace 4 OL, 3 WR, and six on defense.

Nice class but think there is some rule against 2 Max's and a Maxwell in the same recruiting class:D

Here is the link to Maines biggest early signing class of 8, excited for the RB's and lefty QB as well.
https://goblackbears.com/news/2019/12/18/football-announces-eight-newcomers-during-early-signing-period.aspx

Gangtackle11
December 30th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Villanova announced the signing of 13 new Wildcats:

https://villanova.com/news/2019/12/18/villanova-football-announces-early-signing-period-recruiting-class.aspx

Anthony215
December 30th, 2019, 12:24 PM

https://villanova.com/news/2019/12/18/villanova-football-announces-early-signing-period-recruiting-class.aspx

I thought Nova cashed in off their success this year with this class. Heavy on the defensive side of the ball with a few guys set to graduate after next season like Amos, Black and Wiley who actually graduates this May.

InfusedStormlight
December 30th, 2019, 12:50 PM
https://elonphoenix.com/news/2019/12/18/elon-football-brings-in-12-on-december-signing-day.aspx

Elon brings in 12 new signees with multiple 3* recruits and transfers.

3* RB Daniel Moyer Jr.
3* OT Transfer Cameron Orr
3* DB Jaidyn Denis
3* DT Transfer (VT) Joe Kane
3* DE Joshua Johnson - Big get here. Dad has a superbowl ring with the Giants, and had an offer from Baylor, Rutgers, and others.

Might have missed another one, but these are the highlights. Pretty great class, I'd say! Go Phoenix!

Anthony215
December 30th, 2019, 01:52 PM
https://elonphoenix.com/news/2019/12/18/elon-football-brings-in-12-on-december-signing-day.aspx

Elon brings in 12 new signees with multiple 3* recruits and transfers.

3* RB Daniel Moyer Jr.
3* OT Transfer Cameron Orr
3* DB Jaidyn Denis
3* DT Transfer (VT) Joe Kane
3* DE Joshua Johnson - Big get here. Dad has a superbowl ring with the Giants, and had an offer from Baylor, Rutgers, and others.

Might have missed another one, but these are the highlights. Pretty great class, I'd say! Go Phoenix!

They also signed a stud RB in Malik Griffin, kid will definitely earn PT as a true freshman. Turned down offers from Temple, UMass and Monmouth. Very athletic and I compare him to a smaller version of De'Andre Swift who happens to be his cousin in fact.

bluehenbillk
January 2nd, 2020, 08:56 AM

You got a really good one with Ortega..

Gangtackle11
January 2nd, 2020, 01:01 PM
You got a really good one with Ortega..

Next season it’s Daniel Smith & then it’s Connor Watkins (9 G5 offers). Watkins is legit from all reports. Competition breeds excellence. QB is a strength position at Nova now. xpeacex

Anthony215
January 2nd, 2020, 01:40 PM
Next season it’s Daniel Smith & then it’s Connor Watkins (9 G5 offers). Watkins is legit from all reports. Competition breeds excellence. QB is a strength position at Nova now. xpeacex

I think Ricky will legit compete with Connor for the back up QB spot, he's a heck of a athlete and has a decent arm as well. Nova could let him play in 4 games, maintain his redshirt and let Watkins handle back up duties this upcoming season if he shows he is ready then let the two of them battle it out in Spring Ball 2021 for the starting QB spot. As mentioned earlier QB is definitely a strength position for the Wildcats...

caribbeanhen
January 2nd, 2020, 02:07 PM

any work on Dev Holmes? is he coming back to play next year....

Gangtackle11
January 2nd, 2020, 03:48 PM
Nova added another NFL offspring with its most recent signing of Kshawn Schulters. Son of former 49ers Safety Lance Schulters.

That’s 3 now with our Baltimore Raven contingent of Tony “Goose” Siragusa & Quadry “The Missile” Ishmail sons already on the roster. xpeacex

CenMEBlackBearFan
January 3rd, 2020, 08:45 AM
Is there a site that grades recruits as to 1*-5*??? I know Hero Sports grades the schools after recruiting ends in February.

UAalum72
January 3rd, 2020, 11:35 AM
any work on Dev Holmes? is he coming back to play next year....
Gattuso denied his application for a one-time transfer exception, that probably didn’t make him more likely to come back.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-denies-Dev-Holmes-a-transfer-14468320.php

Sader87
January 3rd, 2020, 04:24 PM
Isn't Max Plank from Vienna, Austria also a physicist??? xdrunkyx

caribbeanhen
January 3rd, 2020, 04:39 PM
Gattuso denied his application for a one-time transfer exception, that probably didn’t make him more likely to come back.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-denies-Dev-Holmes-a-transfer-14468320.php

thanks, coach is stubborn but Obviously we don’t know the whole story here

Gangtackle11
January 3rd, 2020, 05:15 PM

Gattuso is the oldest of old school. xpeacex

Bisonoline
January 3rd, 2020, 05:31 PM

The coach is an azzhole. No way should a coach be able to determine whether a player could play for another team by making him sit out. Thats wrong.

cx500d
January 3rd, 2020, 05:37 PM
Isn't Max Plank from Vienna, Austria also a physicist??? xdrunkyx

No, he devised ship side spring boards for privateers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
January 3rd, 2020, 05:42 PM
The coach is an azzhole. No way should a coach be able to determine whether a player could play for another team by making him sit out. Thats wrong.

I don’t know, I’m not a fan of allowing players to transfer whenever they feel like it because something better comes along. If you make a commitment, stick with it and live with your decision.

Bisonoline
January 3rd, 2020, 10:21 PM
I don’t know, I’m not a fan of allowing players to transfer whenever they feel like it because something better comes along. If you make a commitment, stick with it and live with your decision.

Coaches dont.

Fact is many players find out when they get to the school they chose they find out its not what they thought it was. Or its not a good fit. Or they find out that they arent going to get playing time.

A school can drop you pretty much anytime it wants and happens more than people would like to know.

Anthony215
January 7th, 2020, 09:41 AM
IMO the portal is the best thing that could happen to players. Coaches up and leave all the time for better opportunities putting the players at a disadvantage as the new coach may employ a new and different scheme that doesn't suit their talent/skillset thus pretty much forcing them to ride the pine and quit or revoking their scholarship. If coaches aren't going to be held to a sit out a season if you leave your school rule then neither should the players.

whoanellie
January 11th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Just being a devil's advocate but do think school's add like 5 scholarships and limit the number of transfers as well coming out of the Portal?

KPSUL
January 11th, 2020, 06:51 PM
Nova added another NFL offspring with its most recent signing of Kshawn Schulters. Son of former 49ers Safety Lance Schulters.

That’s 3 now with our Baltimore Raven contingent of Tony “Goose” Siragusa & Quadry “The Missile” Ishmail sons already on the roster. xpeacex

They must all be basketball fans.

Tazman2664
January 11th, 2020, 07:54 PM
IMO the portal is the best thing that could happen to players. Coaches up and leave all the time for better opportunities putting the players at a disadvantage as the new coach may employ a new and different scheme that doesn't suit their talent/skillset thus pretty much forcing them to ride the pine and quit or revoking their scholarship. If coaches aren't going to be held to a sit out a season if you leave your school rule then neither should the players.

In theory, this is correct. I do believe if a coach leaves a school a player should be able to transfer. without any limitations. The problem comes when a player exercises this option when a coach is still at the school. As a coach looks closely at a player, trying to fit them into their program, a player needs to look closely at a program to see if that is a fit for them. Today, many players go to a school and believe they are now the program and it should be abut them. If a coach leaves and a new coach has a deferent style a player should be able to transfer, but if a player comes to a program and then sees that they will not be the primary target, they should not be able to just transfer, there should be some limits. To look at it as if a coach leaves what should happen is just a part of situation but today players are leaving without a new coach coming in, thus, what do you say to that situation? Don't just look at this as only the coach leaving, many situations are not about that.

Gangtackle11
January 15th, 2020, 12:39 PM
Nova has 19 of their 22 starters returning next season. A couple (Chadbourn RB & Black LB) will be back from injury.

Curious what other CAA teams return. xpeacex

UAalum72
January 17th, 2020, 08:17 AM
Well, what do I know?

Dev Holmes will rejoin the Great Danes/ (https://www.news10.com/news/dev-holmes-will-rejoin-the-great-danes/)

CenMEBlackBearFan
January 17th, 2020, 12:29 PM
I count 14 of 21 returning for Maine but also Deshaun Stevens returning from his achilles tendon tear in game one.

PurpleStreamers
January 17th, 2020, 04:18 PM
Pretty sure it's just five on each side, but don't let some of our know-nothing fans tell you the cupboard is bare. There isn't really a single spot on the two-deep that doesn't have at least one guy back.

Gang - who plays QB1 for y'all next year?

caribbeanhen
January 17th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Well, what do I know?

Dev Holmes will rejoin the Great Danes/ (https://www.news10.com/news/dev-holmes-will-rejoin-the-great-danes/)

Talent always finds the field no matter the old stubborn coach

* not always true with Rocco

Gangtackle11
January 18th, 2020, 07:45 AM
Pretty sure it's just five on each side, but don't let some of our know-nothing fans tell you the cupboard is bare. There isn't really a single spot on the two-deep that doesn't have at least one guy back.

Gang - who plays QB1 for y'all next year?

Daniel Smith will be the QB again. Entire offensive side back including Justin Covington. Nova offense should be a thing of beauty to watch in ‘20 if healthy. xpeacex

Derby City Duke
January 18th, 2020, 02:08 PM
Bob Trott got fire at ECU. Would love to see him come back and coach our secondary.

X-Factor
January 18th, 2020, 05:10 PM
Coaches dont.

Fact is many players find out when they get to the school they chose they find out its not what they thought it was. Or its not a good fit. Or they find out that they arent going to get playing time.

A school can drop you pretty much anytime it wants and happens more than people would like to know.

And within the non-athletic college student ranks transfers happen all the time for the same reasons Bisonoline points out (minus the playing time). Athletes are human like the rest of us.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 18th, 2020, 05:18 PM
I do believe Villanova has the front-line talent to make a run at Frisco next year. The problem the Wildcats face, along with other good private programs, is depth. Ferrante and his staff remain a bit of an enigma too.

I'll hedge my bets and say UNH returns to the playoffs with a better, less chaotic offseason. Delaware will likely remain middling at best so long as Rocco is there.

Gangtackle11
January 18th, 2020, 06:21 PM
I do believe Villanova has the front-line talent to make a run at Frisco next year. The problem the Wildcats face, along with other good private programs, is depth. Ferrante and his staff remain a bit of an enigma too.

I'll hedge my bets and say UNH returns to the playoffs with a better, less chaotic offseason. Delaware will likely remain middling at best so long as Rocco is there.

Nova will score on anybody & often. The defense needs to pick it up. Not a fan of the 3 man front with undersized DEs. They need to find some big beefys or they will leave their back 8 out to dry against quality offenses. That said they should be top 10 in FCS & top 3 CAA preseason. The Delaware boys can tell you how much that means come playoff time. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
January 19th, 2020, 05:42 PM
Chiefs DE Tanoh Kpassagnon with 2 sacks today. Something we saw on many Saturdays when he was a Wildcat! xpeacex

CenMEBlackBearFan
February 6th, 2020, 07:16 AM
Sort of surprised not to see discussion on signings for this year so hopefully will get some discussion on how everyone thinks they did. Maine signed 27 including ten from the early signing period. It seems like a big # but alot were PWO's as well. Probably the best known name was Montigo Moss son of Randy Moss who is a WR from Fort Union of Virginia, can only hope he makes a name for himself like his brother at LSU and his dadxnodx

https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/2/5/football-introduces-2020-signing-class.aspx

UAalum72
February 6th, 2020, 08:01 AM
Total of 21 at Albany. The February guys must be especially hot because the release says they were "singed"

https://ualbanysports.com/news/2020/2/5/football-adds-10-on-february-signing-day.aspx

whoanellie
February 6th, 2020, 02:50 PM
it's February down south and 63 degrees, Here is the official link to the Elon 2020 class of '24 signings
https://elonphoenix.com/news/2020/2/5/elon-completes-2020-football-signing-class.aspx

wmmii
February 8th, 2020, 10:34 AM
William & Mary Tribe sign total of 16 for the 2020 class:

http://www.pilotonline.com/sports/vp-sp-william-and-mary-signing-day-0206-20200205-b5ui4s3pqjb4ta6knh7n7q7jqe-story.html

Players who signed Wednesday
Ethan Chang, K/P, 5-10/185, Marshall HS, Falls Church.
Malachi Imoh, ATH, 5-8/175, John Handley HS, Winchester.
DreSean Kendrick, ATH, 5-8/180, E.C. Glass HS, Lynchburg.
John Pius, OLB, 6-2/195, Yorktown HS, Arlington.
Imari Smith, S, 5-10/175, Gwynn Park HS, Brandywine, Md.

Players who signed in December

Jonathan Egwuatu, OLB, 6-3/200, Reagan HS, Winston-Salem, N.C.
Charles Grant, OL, 6-4/240, Churchland HS, Portsmouth.
Chase Hart, QB, 6-2/195, Strasburg HS, Strasburg.
Garrett Huyck, DE, 6-5/275, Chapin HS, Chapin, S.C.
James Jennette, OLB, 6-5/200, Jordan HS, Durham, N.C.
Mattijs Lasore, RB, 5-11/200, Bristol Academy (in England), Deinze, Belgium.
Mike Malone, DE, 6-4/245, Abingdon Heights HS, Clarks Summit, Pa.
JT Mayo, RB/ATH, 5-11/180, West Potomac HS, Alexandria.
Quinn Osborne, LB, 6-2/195, Bishop McNamara, Mitchellville, Md.
Tyler Rose, WR, 6-1/190, Liberty Christian Academy, Lynchburg.
Colton Turner, TE, 6-4/210, DasCHE Spartans, Plano, Texas

cx500d
February 8th, 2020, 11:33 AM
Sort of surprised not to see discussion on signings for this year so hopefully will get some discussion on how everyone thinks they did. Maine signed 27 including ten from the early signing period. It seems like a big # but alot were PWO's as well. Probably the best known name was Montigo Moss son of Randy Moss who is a WR from Fort Union of Virginia, can only hope he makes a name for himself like his brother at LSU and his dadxnodx

https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/2/5/football-introduces-2020-signing-class.aspx

How does Marek Veal end up in East Machias?

CenMEBlackBearFan
February 10th, 2020, 11:44 AM
How does Marek Veal end up in East Machias?

I actually reached out to a Maine HS Coach that played against Washington Academy to see if he Marek could help Maine and he said he would be a project. He is a big body, 6'5" 310# but played in the 2nd smallest class in Maine HS football so it will be a big adjustment for him. Washington Academy is a semi private school in East Machias not known for their football program, do you have background on him???

TribePride52
February 10th, 2020, 09:35 PM
William and Mary Punter George Eberle was arrested after he broke into a house and groped a female.

https://t.co/YDxznu7vr4?amp=1

cx500d
February 10th, 2020, 11:05 PM
William and Mary Punter George Eberle was arrested after he broke into a house and groped a female.

https://t.co/YDxznu7vr4?amp=1

I think ysu needs a punter

MR. CHICKEN
February 11th, 2020, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE=cx500d;2861005]I think ysu needs a punter

........xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx:Dxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx................xnodx......BRA WK!

cx500d
February 11th, 2020, 10:35 PM
I actually reached out to a Maine HS Coach that played against Washington Academy to see if he Marek could help Maine and he said he would be a project. He is a big body, 6'5" 310# but played in the 2nd smallest class in Maine HS football so it will be a big adjustment for him. Washington Academy is a semi private school in East Machias not known for their football program, do you have background on him???

I know nothing, but a large guy like that way downeast? I'm trying to figure out how he ended up there in the first place

Anthony215
February 17th, 2020, 10:38 AM
I'm surprised former Howard QB Caylin Newton hasn't surfaced at a CAA school yet since he has 2 years of eligibility remaining and would more than likely be granted immediate eligibility. Besides the obviously famous last name he played fairly well for the Bison before all hell broke loose. For a team looking to replace a starting QB he could step in immediately and help them contend for the league title and a lengthy post season run.

hoidOfYolen
February 18th, 2020, 04:36 PM
I'm surprised former Howard QB Caylin Newton hasn't surfaced at a CAA school yet since he has 2 years of eligibility remaining and would more than likely be granted immediate eligibility. Besides the obviously famous last name he played fairly well for the Bison before all hell broke loose. For a team looking to replace a starting QB he could step in immediately and help them contend for the league title and a lengthy post season run.

Honestly I never bought the hype for Caylin Newton. He never had above a 51.3% compl. percentage in all 3 seasons he's played games, and had a 13-12 and 22-17 TD to INT ratio in his first two full seasons. You just can't be an elite quarterback throwing 17 interceptions while only being sacked 18 times and only having 304 attempts. It's hard to be even a good QB with those numbers and his completion percentages.

whoanellie
March 3rd, 2020, 02:19 PM
FWIW, Elon started Spring Football Practices 03/02/2020,
I believe the latest count of transfers moving into the program
is 6. All but one have multiple seasons left their eligibility.
Only a few key players are nursing injuries that will limit their full participation
https://elonphoenix.com/news/2020/3/2/trisciani-leads-elon-football-through-first-practice-of-2020-spring-campaign.aspx

Anthony215
March 4th, 2020, 07:58 AM
Former Maine RB Zaire Williams a transfer from Temple was gunned down Sunday night in Philadelphia. Prayers up for those up in Maine who got to know and befriend him. Sad story all the way around.

https://247sports.com/Article/Zaire-Williams-killed-in-shooting-former-Temple-Maine-running-back-Philadelphia-bar-144530616/

Gangtackle11
March 5th, 2020, 07:33 AM
Top FCS QBs returning:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-ranking-ten-best-returning-quarterbacks-2020

Undercuffler is a seriously bad omission. Smith is a stud. Nova has virtually their entire offense coming back. They will be a handful if they can stay healthy. xpeacex

UNHWildcat18
March 5th, 2020, 08:17 AM
Top FCS QBs returning:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-ranking-ten-best-returning-quarterbacks-2020

Undercuffler is a seriously bad omission. Smith is a stud. Nova has virtually their entire offense coming back. They will be a handful if they can stay healthy. xpeacex

Asking Nova to stay healthy is like asking toddlers not to eat a bowl of skittles when you leave it in front of them and then leave the room.....

MR. CHICKEN
March 5th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Asking Nova to stay healthy is like asking toddlers not to eat a bowl of skittles when you leave it in front of them and then leave the room.....

....OR UH MUD PIE..............BRAWK & ROLL!

UAalum72
March 5th, 2020, 11:18 AM
Top FCS QBs returning:

Undercuffler is a seriously bad omission. He has JU as “Also Worthy.” Seems to put a lot of value on QB rushing stats, which Jeff doesn’t do much.

Gangtackle11
March 5th, 2020, 03:37 PM
....OR UH MUD PIE..............BRAWK & ROLL!

Enjoy your season finale against your new rival Delaware State. If the feathers fit wear’em. Chicken.

I’d make that chicken ***** move too if I were Crocco. Going home a loser before TDay must be getting old for him. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
March 6th, 2020, 06:09 AM

Yes sir, but watch out if they do. xpeacex

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 9th, 2020, 12:35 PM
Great news for UNH and the recovery for Coach McDonnell as cancer treatment has gone well and he expects to be back ready for spring football on 3/31/20.xthumbsupx

https://www.unionleader.com/sports/college/unh-football-coach-mcdonnell-back-on-the-job-after-cancer/article_65de5d12-fd9d-5848-832e-d72758256c8a.html

whoanellie
March 9th, 2020, 06:00 PM
yes great news to hear
Great news for UNH and the recovery for Coach McDonnell as cancer treatment has gone well and he expects to be back ready for spring football on 3/31/20.xthumbsupx

https://www.unionleader.com/sports/college/unh-football-coach-mcdonnell-back-on-the-job-after-cancer/article_65de5d12-fd9d-5848-832e-d72758256c8a.html

citdog
March 9th, 2020, 10:30 PM
He has JU as “Also Worthy.” Seems to put a lot of value on QB rushing stats, which Jeff doesn’t do much.

Rainey is underrated here. The rest of y'all will find that out.

Henny
March 10th, 2020, 09:51 AM
Delaware opens Spring ball today with new Defensive Coordinator Manny Rojas. His Lafayette defense had 30 sacks last year and UD was absolutely woeful in sacks and TFL or any kind of pressure. Hoping for some improvement this year.

caribbeanhen
March 10th, 2020, 10:16 AM
Delaware opens Spring ball today with new Defensive Coordinator Manny Rojas. His Lafayette defense had 30 sacks last year and UD was absolutely woeful in sacks and TFL or any kind of pressure. Hoping for some improvement this year.

thank goodness Delaware has a new defensive coordinator, The last guy wasted a lot of talent

Manny has been with Danny Rocco a long time so hopefully he knows how to manage Danny.... in other words convincing Danny that he needs to let Manny do it his way!

whoanellie
March 17th, 2020, 07:55 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day to one and all! stay safe and pray all things pass.
I'll be training a new rescue dog when I pick him up Friday, goPhoenixx

Gangtackle11
March 17th, 2020, 08:31 PM
Virtual pro day for several CAA players at a NJ Training site:

https://t.co/MFLm5LYRAp

whoanellie
March 18th, 2020, 11:20 AM

https://t.co/MFLm5LYRApElon's Greg Liggs Jr. pretty impressive, add those 8 INTS it should get someones attention

- - - Updated - - -

https://t.co/MFLm5LYRApElon's Greg Liggs Jr. pretty impressive, add those 8 INTS it should get someones attention

Tribe4SF
March 22nd, 2020, 07:46 AM

https://t.co/MFLm5LYRAp

Tribe's Bill Murray also impressed.

Bill Murray, DT, William & Mary – HT: 6-4 | WT: 297 | FORTY: 4.93/4.94 (laser); 4.95/4.92 (hh) | 10-YD: 1.61/1.64 | BP: 30 | VJ: 32.5” | BJ: 9-4 | SS: DNP | 3C: DNPAgent: Shane Costa-Pillar Sports | Note: Much different frame/build then when observed in September (vs UVA); lean, quick, athletic.

whoanellie
March 22nd, 2020, 09:48 PM
I really liked him in Ghostbusters best dramatic role was "The Razors Edge".

yorkcountyUNHfan
March 24th, 2020, 10:17 AM
I really liked him in Ghostbusters best dramatic role was "The Razors Edge".

What About Bob is underappreciated

CenMEBlackBearFan
April 9th, 2020, 01:07 PM
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-top-nfl-careers-caa-colonial-athletic-ajaj

What a great link for CAA football in the NFL. It has the top 25 players ever, the top 10 at present in the NFL and the potential top ones in the draft. Believe URI is tops with 3 playersxnodx

Derby City Duke
April 9th, 2020, 07:16 PM
If you really believe Joe Flacco had a better career than Charles Haley then I can’t help you. Gary Clark, though he has some favorable comparative stats with some HoFers, shouldn’t be in front of Haley either.

cx500d
April 9th, 2020, 07:22 PM
If you really believe Joe Flacco had a better career than Charles Haley then I can’t help you. Gary Clark, though he has some favorable comparative stats with some HoFers, shouldn’t be in front of Haley either.
He's a pretty good guitar player too

CenMEBlackBearFan
April 10th, 2020, 12:08 PM

Ok Derby and let's see your list, I'm sure it will be alot betterxbowxxlolx

Derby City Duke
April 10th, 2020, 11:17 PM
Ok Derby and let's see your list, I'm sure it will be alot betterxbowxxlolx

I don’t need to make no stinking list, just offering 2 opinions on the list published. Joe Flacco did not have a better career than Charles Haley. Neither did Gary Clark ( the receiver, not the guitarist).

cx500d
April 14th, 2020, 05:22 PM
Newch? Maybe they should consider Schor instead.
NFL Rumors: Patriots among teams interested in James Madison QB Ben DiNuccihttps://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/nfl-rumors-patriots-among-teams-interested-james-madison-qb-ben-dinucci

Derby City Duke
April 14th, 2020, 10:03 PM
NFL Rumors: Patriots among teams interested in James Madison QB Ben DiNuccihttps://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/nfl-rumors-patriots-among-teams-interested-james-madison-qb-ben-dinucci

He throws a good ball and is pretty accurate down the field. I just don’t think he consistently is a good enough decision maker for the pros. Maybe I’m wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time.

cx500d
April 15th, 2020, 12:11 PM
He throws a good ball and is pretty accurate down the field. I just don’t think he consistently is a good enough decision maker for the pros. Maybe I’m wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Colgate liked his throwing accuracy and decision making.

Derby City Duke
April 15th, 2020, 03:07 PM
Colgate liked his throwing accuracy and decision making.

ba-dum-tsss. Don't forget to tip your waitress and drive home safely! :D

UNHWildcat18
April 15th, 2020, 04:14 PM
NFL Rumors: Patriots among teams interested in James Madison QB Ben DiNucci

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/nfl-rumors-patriots-among-teams-interested-james-madison-qb-ben-dinucci

I'm used to a QB making plays in the clutch, not being in the clutch and throwing INT's so I pray the pat's aren't actually interested in him

MR. CHICKEN
April 30th, 2020, 07:23 AM

....LAST DAY IN APRIL.....YOU-DEE SEASON TIX DEADLINE.......MUST DECIDE IN/OUT...........NO VACCINE.....NO SEAT IN SECTION J...FO' ME.......33 YEARS....IN ROW G.......POOF!

cx500d
April 30th, 2020, 08:11 AM

....LAST DAY IN APRIL.....YOU-DEE SEASON TIX DEADLINE.......MUST DECIDE IN/OUT...........NO VACCINE.....NO SEAT IN SECTION J...FO' ME.......33 YEARS....IN ROW G.......POOF!

With no NDSU game to look forward too, I can understand

caribbeanhen
April 30th, 2020, 08:59 AM
With no NDSU game to look forward too, I can understand

more people showed up for Del State

cx500d
April 30th, 2020, 09:16 AM
more people showed up for Del State

I hope so, they got like what, 6 miles to travel from clear across the other side of the county, I mean state?

MR. CHICKEN
May 1st, 2020, 10:40 AM
......HENS LAND X-FER ALL-AMERICAN CENTER.....FROM HOWARD UNIVERSITY..........JAMES PRINCE III 6' 4" 295LB.....STARTED ALL 12 GAMES....FO' BISON......MADE PHIL STEELE'S 3RD TEAM AA FRESHMAN SQWAD....LAST SEASON.....WILL HELP BOLSTER....HEN O-LINE........DEPLETED BAH GRADUATION....SON OF HOWARD COACH...RON PRINCE.....WHOM WAS IN DEEP DOO-DOO......FO' MISTREATMENT UH PLAYERS......BRAWK!!

Tribe4SF
May 5th, 2020, 04:48 AM
Tribe adds 3* Howard DT Jayde Pierre. 6'1" 315 played as true frosh in 2018 and sat out last year so immediately eligible. Originally committed to Temple and had multiple P5 offers. Addresses primary need with departure of Bill Murray.

Tribe4SF
May 5th, 2020, 04:50 AM
......HENS LAND X-FER ALL-AMERICAN CENTER.....FROM HOWARD UNIVERSITY..........JAMES PRINCE III 6' 4" 295LB.....STARTED ALL 12 GAMES....FO' BISON......MADE PHIL STEELE'S 3RD TEAM AA FRESHMAN SQWAD....LAST SEASON.....WILL HELP BOLSTER....HEN O-LINE........DEPLETED BAH GRADUATION....SON OF HOWARD COACH...RON PRINCE.....WHOM WAS IN DEEP DOO-DOO......FO' MISTREATMENT UH PLAYERS......BRAWK!!

Assume he'll have to sit out 2020?

caribbeanhen
May 5th, 2020, 06:01 AM
Assume he'll have to sit out 2020?

Everybody might be sitting out 2020 so time will tell

MR. CHICKEN
May 5th, 2020, 07:58 AM
.......DOES HE GET UH WAIVER....FO' HOWARD'S TROUBLES?....xdontknowx......SIT-OUT RULE......IS UNDER NEW CONSIDERATION....BAH NCAA......AH AGREE WHIFF CH.......EVERAH-ONE....RIDES PINE.......BAWK!

Tribe4SF
May 19th, 2020, 12:16 AM
W&M adds grad transfer Cole Blackman 6'4" 210 WR from Illinois State. Spent first two years at UVA and transferred to ISU.

CenMEBlackBearFan
May 22nd, 2020, 07:11 AM
Nice article by NFL draft diamonds on Deshaun Stevens. UMaine's defense was not nearly as good last year as we had hoped and losing Stevens for the season was certainly a factor.
https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/deshawn-stevens/… (https://t.co/DazIZFwmto?amp=1)#NFL (https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hashtag_click)#NFLDraftNews (https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFLDraftNews?src=hashtag_click)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYek-bgWAAAZwPb?format=jpg&name=small

(https://twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/status/1263159616034267136/photo/1)

cx500d
May 22nd, 2020, 07:30 AM
Holy cut/paste felony

MR. CHICKEN
May 22nd, 2020, 08:52 AM
..........HAD TA CHANGE.....MOUSE BATTERIES TWICE.......JES' TA SCROLL THRU..................BRAWK!

CenMEBlackBearFan
May 22nd, 2020, 09:23 AM
Sorry to wear you out Bison(XMainah) and Blue Chix, hope you make a full recoveryxthumbsupxxnodx

cx500d
May 22nd, 2020, 09:30 AM
Sorry to wear you out Bison(XMainah) and Blue Chix, hope you make a full recoveryxthumbsupxxnodx

The carpel tunnel should heal in about 2 months so no biggie.

bonarae
May 31st, 2020, 06:12 AM
Meanwhile...

Mickey Matthews has spoken again...

https://www.richmond.com/sports/former-jmu-coach-mickey-matthews-its-time-to-bring-back-the-old-caa/article_111ad156-00ac-54fe-a705-3e9807fba78a.html

Derby City Duke
June 1st, 2020, 09:49 AM
Meanwhile...

Mickey Matthews has spoken again...

https://www.richmond.com/sports/former-jmu-coach-mickey-matthews-its-time-to-bring-back-the-old-caa/article_111ad156-00ac-54fe-a705-3e9807fba78a.html

Mickey was always a pretty good interview.

While I would be really surprised if there was that much movement, I love the idea of the old Colonial. I remember vividly our men’s hoops games against VCU and Richmond. They were rafter pounding, venom-filled, sell your mother to win games. For me traveling to Maine, Albany, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire for football ain’t all that.

Derby City Duke
June 1st, 2020, 09:51 AM
Weber State WB Jake Constantine has announced he will play at Towson as a grad transfer.

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 1st, 2020, 10:09 AM

While I would be really surprised if there was that much movement, I love the idea of the old Colonial. I remember vividly our men’s hoops games against VCU and Richmond. They were rafter pounding, venom-filled, sell your mother to win games. For me traveling to Maine, Albany, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire for football ain’t all that.

Have to you agree with you on this one Derby City, would love to see Maine play against old Yankee Conference rivals, UMass, UConn, combined with current schools URI and UNH.

caribbeanhen
June 1st, 2020, 10:44 AM

you left out Stony Brook, gotta drive thru NYC to get to that one

Professor Chaos
June 1st, 2020, 08:45 PM
Now this is an elite schedule poster:

https://twitter.com/linemanissues/status/1267463483093852161

DFW HOYA
June 1st, 2020, 08:58 PM
you left out Stony Brook, gotta drive thru NYC to get to that one

If you take the Outerbridge Crossing and the Verrazano Bridge, you're staying away of the thick of the NYC traffic.

cx500d
June 1st, 2020, 10:54 PM
Weber State QB Jake Constantine has announced he will play at Towson as a grad transfer.

Very interesting....Weber may have peaked last year...FYP, by the way

Sader87
June 1st, 2020, 11:44 PM
From a longtime Holy Cross fan perspective, I agree with Matthews' thesis. Yes, we coulda been in the Big East but HC should be playing more New England and NY/NJ schools in both football and basketball and not far-flung league games in DC, Baltimore, Lewisburg, PA et. al. There really has nevah been much excitement in terms of rivalry etc for HC football or basketball in the Patriot League outside of maybe a brief period between HC and Bucknell in hoop during the 2000s and maybe the Colgate football game who we played yearly before the PL was formed anyway.

I don't think anything is changing in terms of league affiliation anytime soon....but long range, I could see schools/leagues returning to a more "local approach."

Derby City Duke
June 2nd, 2020, 06:45 AM
Very interesting....Weber may have peaked last year...FYP, by the way

Thanks, a Wing Back is a pretty rare commodity these days.

caribbeanhen
June 2nd, 2020, 07:42 AM
If you take the Outerbridge Crossing and the Verrazano Bridge, you're staying away of the thick of the NYC traffic.

I guess but Ive always run into traffic trying to press east on Long Island, much worse than NYC

caribbeanhen
June 2nd, 2020, 07:48 AM
Weber State WB Jake Constantine has announced he will play at Towson as a grad transfer.

Towson...why in the world would he do this....

Professor Chaos
June 2nd, 2020, 08:07 AM
Towson...why in the world would he do this....
He can't say no to a pretty coach in earrings???

UNH72Plus
June 8th, 2020, 10:50 AM
We're wondering the same about WR Malik Love transferring to Stony Brook for a Grad year (actually I believe it's a 6th year medical red shirt).

whoanellie
June 11th, 2020, 06:37 PM
What dates have each schools been announced as starting points for team workouts and school's starting back?

cx500d
June 11th, 2020, 06:47 PM
What dates have each schools been announced as starting points for team workouts and school's starting back?
You haven’t started yet?

caribbeanhen
June 11th, 2020, 08:18 PM
We're wondering the same about WR Malik Love transferring to Stony Brook for a Grad year (actually I believe it's a 6th year medical red shirt).

that is kind of weird..... Port Jefferson is a nice little town on a Long ugly Island though

Gangtackle11
June 12th, 2020, 06:30 AM
Herosports Pre-Season All-CAA Team:

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-conference-preview-caa-all-conference-ajaj

Henny
June 17th, 2020, 08:11 PM
Update on the Whitney Athletic Center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up6C-VeQj60

caribbeanhen
June 20th, 2020, 02:21 PM
This upgrade to Delaware Stadium is looking great and the WAC really has a Big time look to it

Thank you for posting that Henny

Rocco should be ecstatic as this should be a great recruiting tool

now all we need is a football season

No more excuses Danny

Tribe4SF
July 2nd, 2020, 05:47 AM
W&M adds transfer RB Caleb Grimes. 5'10" 210 from Jacksonville University. Originally a 3* committed to Navy out of Benedictine H.S. in Richmond he will have 4 years to play.

Gangtackle11
July 9th, 2020, 03:51 PM
I’m told from excellent sources that the CAA has a call tonight with ADs & Head Coaches. We’ll see what happens. xpeacex

Catsfan90
July 9th, 2020, 05:45 PM
I’m told from excellent sources that the CAA has a call tonight with ADs & Head Coaches. We’ll see what happens. xpeacexDo you know what time?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
July 9th, 2020, 06:05 PM
It doesn’t look good but that’s probably like predicting the sun is going to set

Gangtackle11
July 9th, 2020, 07:03 PM
Do you know what time?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I was texted “tonight”. That’s all I have. Coaches, ADs, & Presidents.

Anthony215
July 10th, 2020, 09:34 AM
Any word on what was discussed, agreed upon in this meeting?

Gangtackle11
July 10th, 2020, 11:08 AM
Any word on what was discussed, agreed upon in this meeting?

I understand they met virtually, but nothing has come out yet about the plans from my end.

WestCoastAggie
July 10th, 2020, 11:21 AM
https://twitter.com/RTDjohnoconnor/status/1281613039075241984

caribbeanhen
July 11th, 2020, 09:45 AM
I was texted “tonight”. That’s all I have. Coaches, ADs, & Presidents.

Old sweetie gangster?

Gangtackle11
July 11th, 2020, 02:26 PM
Old sweetie gangster?

I have low friends in high places including Chicken country to the south. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
July 12th, 2020, 04:21 PM
.......31689........6 PM ET...........DIS EVENIN'.......GEORGIA SOUFFERN @ DELAWARE.......2010....SEMI-FINAL.....FOOTBALL REPLAY.....ON ESPNU............AWQ!

Henny
July 12th, 2020, 06:44 PM
Who could have predicted the decade to follow......

caribbeanhen
July 12th, 2020, 07:04 PM

the neighbors is gonna be looking for his chicken soon Henny, time to get the spirits involved

dewey
July 13th, 2020, 07:34 AM

Yeah talk about two mighty FCS programs at the time. 1 has struggled in the FCS since while the other has moved to the G5.

I still wish Georgia Southern was in the FCS.

Dewey

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 16th, 2020, 07:45 AM
Don't know if this means anything or not but CAA standings says 20-21 season instead of just 20 like previous seasonsxrotatehx
https://caasports.com/standings.aspx?path=football
League virtual meeting was cancelled from Tuesday and was originally scheduled for next week.
I'm thinking that decisions for season will be announced next week.

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 16th, 2020, 12:57 PM
Interview with local Maine sports station and CAA commissioner Joe D'Antonio from yesterday. After listening to his "Cost and Complexity" discussion I am now unfortunately like many of you throwing the towel in on playing this year. One reason the cost and complexity is rising due alot to the outbreaks in Florida, Texas and California which have caused for more additional testing and now the laboratories in New England as well as the rest of the country have turnaround times go from 3-7 days to 7-10 days making dealing with the virus even more intolerable.
I mentioned at the outbreak I work for the country's only swab manufacturer used to test for COVID-19 and the situation just seems to be more and more complicated by the week without going into alot of the detail.

http://www.downtownwithrichkimball.com/2020/07/14/joe-dantonio-7-14-20/?fbclid=IwAR1JtD5Law2wFM4HayPDy18onIFBfyHn3dXzzEkQ AGBucTp8gYBMypDwQx0

Gangtackle11
August 2nd, 2020, 07:13 PM
Towson’s Shane Simpson transfers to UVA.

https://twitter.com/shane_simpson18/status/1290046299790704642?s=21

xpeacex

Anthony215
August 3rd, 2020, 08:38 AM
Towson’s Shane Simpson transfers to UVA.

https://twitter.com/shane_simpson18/status/1290046299790704642?s=21

xpeacex

I suspect there will be lots of top CAA guys leaving their programs (Seniors) and headed to ACC programs. JMU may lose a few guys as well and maybe even Villanova. At this point the kids have nothing to lose, at worst they'll be ST guys and can show their worth there in hopes of landing a UDFA deal. If they shine they'll get PT at their position and maybe be drafted in day 2.

Gangtackle11
August 3rd, 2020, 12:25 PM
Villanova’s 1st team all-CAA OL Paul Grattan & 3rd team All-CAA WR Changa Hodge entered the transfer portal per their Twitter accounts. Hearing P5 schools are after Grattan. xpeacex

Anthony215
August 4th, 2020, 08:41 AM
Villanova’s 1st team all-CAA OL Paul Grattan & 3rd team All-CAA WR Changa Hodge entered the transfer portal per their Twitter accounts. Hearing P5 schools are after Grattan. xpeacex

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised of Jaquan Amos threw his name into the portal as well and garnered some FBS interest.

Gangtackle11
August 4th, 2020, 12:20 PM
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised of Jaquan Amos threw his name into the portal as well and garnered some FBS interest.

Amos & Rhine have redshirt option available to them as they played more than 4 games as true freshmen. xpeacex

Anthony215
August 4th, 2020, 01:36 PM
Amos & Rhine have redshirt option available to them as they played more than 4 games as true freshmen. xpeacex

I guess they could sit out 2020 and return as r-seniors in 2021 if they don't get an offer that makes the jump worth while.

Derby City Duke
August 5th, 2020, 08:44 PM
JMU punt returner / safety D’Angelo Amos has entered the transfer portal.

Derby City Duke
August 7th, 2020, 01:14 PM
JMU's starting DT Adeeb Atariwa has entered the transfer portal.

52 tackles, 13 TFL and 1.5 sacks in 2019

Anthony215
August 7th, 2020, 01:25 PM

52 tackles, 13 TFL and 1.5 sacks in 2019

Seeing as though he had offers from Appalachian State, Ohio, ODU and Marshall coming out of HS I think he'll pick a CUSA school probably ODU.

Anthony215
August 7th, 2020, 01:28 PM

Sources say WVU is recruiting Amos hard to come to Morgantown. If he lands there he defintely has helped his stock if he can at a minimum hold down the PR duties and get into the DB rotation as they rotate DB's heavy there.

KPSUL
August 7th, 2020, 01:38 PM

52 tackles, 13 TFL and 1.5 sacks in 2019 Heartbreaking! xbawlingx

KPSUL
August 7th, 2020, 01:39 PM

Now my heart is really breaking!!! xbawlingxxbawlingx

Gangtackle11
August 7th, 2020, 02:39 PM
Must be that JMU is not going to play after all. 3 Nova players are headed to FBS. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
August 7th, 2020, 03:25 PM
Nova 1st team All-CAA OL Paul Grattan to UCLA.

https://twitter.com/grattan65/status/1291827242637590529?s=10 (https://twitter.com/grattan65/status/1291827242637590529?s=10)

Derby City Duke
August 7th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Must be that JMU is not going to play after all. 3 Nova players are headed to FBS. xpeacex

Fall season shelved -- looking for spring ball.

Gangtackle11
August 7th, 2020, 05:59 PM
Changa Hodge Nova WR to Virginia Tech.

https://twitter.com/changa_hodge/status/1291856498746896384?s=21

whoanellie
August 7th, 2020, 06:35 PM
I guess Elon is still hanging in there but I have a gut feeling that other shoe is going to drop and the CAA will kick it off in the "Spring" I'm sure March in Maine is different than Central North Carolina. Elon's AD, Dave Blank has really showed some real kahunas trying to just get a schedule. Keep/ & stay safe.

Anthony215
August 10th, 2020, 06:59 AM
Big question is with the Power 5 set to start announcing no fall football within the next day or so these FCS kids who transferred up will they regret that decision with C/O 2021 recruits coming in which means even more competition for PT.

Derby City Duke
August 10th, 2020, 03:08 PM
JMU’s D’Angelo Amos and Adeeb Atariwa both signed financial aid paperwork at Virginia. Wish them well for the 2021 season (spring or fall, whichever occurs).

Anthony215
August 10th, 2020, 03:09 PM
Nova 1st team All-CAA OL Paul Grattan to UCLA.

https://twitter.com/grattan65/status/1291827242637590529?s=10 (https://twitter.com/grattan65/status/1291827242637590529?s=10)

Pretty sure the PAC 12 isn't going to have a spring football season so in that case does he return to Pasadena in 2021 after sitting out a year or will he just try his luck in the 2021 draft?

Derby City Duke
August 10th, 2020, 08:24 PM
JMU has postponed all fall sports to the spring (at least).

Anthony215
August 11th, 2020, 10:05 AM
UMass just bailed out on the fall sports including football with hopes of having a spring football season. I don't see how they plan to do that when they don't have a conference affiliation for football and most leagues have said they're playing a league schedule if they have a spring season.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 12th, 2020, 02:49 PM
Comments from CAA commish Joe D'Antonio about Spring football. Way to early to tell how this will play out but encouraging that we might have Spring football. The idea of playing end of Feb/March is not to welcoming but playing as the spring weather gets nicer is a nice twist from ending in November or December like usualxnodx
https://bangordailynews.com/2020/08/12/sports/umaine-sports/spring-college-football-season-for-umaine-faces-hurdles-to-become-a-reality/

Anthony215
August 13th, 2020, 01:40 PM
Just read that Delaware is extending scholarships of all 5th year athletes who were affected this fall through the spring 2021 which allows them to potentially start on their masters degree. Very commendable of them. Not quite sure they'll invite them all back on scholarship for the 2021 football season if the CAA doesn't have a spring season. Might make more sense to allow the non key starters to look elsewhere and use that money on young recruits.

Gangtackle11
August 24th, 2020, 09:49 AM
5th year Villanova TE Todd Stephens transferred to Duquesne. Attending grad school there.

Anthony215
August 24th, 2020, 12:08 PM
5th year Villanova TE Todd Stephens transferred to Duquesne. Attending grad school there.

Surprised he transferred to an NEC school I wonder if any other CAA schools or FBS G5 schools gave him any looks? Nonetheless best wishes on finishing his collegiate career in the spring...

Henny
September 16th, 2020, 02:22 PM
Anybody know a Fall practice schedule for their team? UD held what appears to be a 7-7 with shoulder pads and wondering if other CAA schools were doing the same.

FUBeAR
September 16th, 2020, 04:20 PM
Here’s some BIG Off-Season CAA News - Former Mercer Bears Football Player joins JMU Athletics. Fine young man. He will do a great job for the Dukes!!

https://twitter.com/jmufootball/status/1305959576882216961

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2020, 06:32 PM
anybody all giddy about any LOI signings?

KPSUL
December 19th, 2020, 10:58 AM

We only have 2 early signers, 2 O/D Linemen, both look like they have potential, although it is always tough to assess HS linemen from their recruiting videos - they are frequently pushing around and manhandling opponents they outweigh by 80 or 100 lbs. With 58 Freshman and Red Shirt Freshmen on the roster, and 5 out of 8 seniors listed on the 2020 roster committed to come back Fall of 2021, there really is very few scholarships available for the HS class of 2021.

Lehigh Engineer
December 19th, 2020, 01:04 PM
Indentured servitude has been outlawed long ago....get with the times coach.

Tribe4SF
December 20th, 2020, 09:39 AM

Tribe got a good group of seven kids. Headliners look to be RB Martin Lucas who decommitted from Arizona State in November and QB Darius Wilson from Iona Prep. Lucas is a physical freak at 6'2" 240 and blends good speed with a 450 bench and 600 squat.

whoanellie
December 22nd, 2020, 11:55 AM
https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=CAA what a load of crap We had 12 sign on Wednesday

whoanellie
December 22nd, 2020, 12:00 PM
https://elonphoenix.com/news/2020/12/16/football-signs-12-during-early-signing-period.aspx

Henny
December 23rd, 2020, 02:19 PM
Well the long awaited Whitney Athletic Center and Stadium retro fit with Press Box is complete.

Whitney Athletic Center - December Tour - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_l9EEJE4VY&feature=youtu.be)

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 23rd, 2020, 07:22 PM
Maine had no record of signees according to 247sports either. I thought our 8 signings had some promise, https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/12/16/football-early-signing-period-live-updates.aspx

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 25th, 2020, 09:56 AM
UMaine leads the CAA with the most Pro Bowl choices in the last decade, with Montel Owens and Patrick Ricard. https://twitter.com/BlackBearsFB/status/1341875671644160000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1341875671644160000%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mbr.org%2Fforum%2Fviewto pic%2F59568

Gangtackle11
December 27th, 2020, 11:10 AM

https://villanova.com/sports/football/archives

2 recruits from Texas. I think they had 1 last season also. Thank you Jay Wright for making Nova a national brand for all VU sports. Lol.

xpeacex

dunbar
December 28th, 2020, 02:12 PM
Has anybody heard anything on the 2021 (fall) conference schedule? The home/away rotations have been destroyed on the southern part of the league while the northern 7 actually maintained their rotations.

DFW HOYA
December 28th, 2020, 02:57 PM
https://villanova.com/sports/football/archives

2 recruits from Texas. I think they had 1 last season also. Thank you Jay Wright for making Nova a national brand for all VU sports. Lol.

The two Texas kids play in the private school league (TAPPS), so references to "state championships" are not where they are in the statewide association (UIL), which has 1100+ schools, only two of which are private (and that required a law suit to get them in.)

etiger
December 28th, 2020, 04:27 PM
Towson U got a big time transfer!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqQwcAqXIAQVhEB?format=jpg&name=small

ncspiderfan
January 3rd, 2021, 06:18 PM
I do not think anyone posted this as yet, but Spider early signees

Spider Football #NSD21 - University of Richmond Athletics (richmondspiders.com) (https://richmondspiders.com/news/2020/12/16/spider-football-nsd21.aspx)

CenMEBlackBearFan
January 4th, 2021, 12:19 PM
Here is the link on 2021 CAA top draft choices. We all knew Liam Dobson was a big loss to the FBS portal but did not know he was that highly rated.
https://herosports.com/caa-colonial-2021-nfl-draft-prospects-ajaj/

Henny
January 11th, 2021, 07:14 AM
Well UD thought it had avoided the transfer issues that some other schools in the CAA were hit with.

Stud RB Will Knight is transferring out. This is right on the heels of our top 2020 recruit announcing he is leaving to go to South Carolina (LB -Debo Williams).

This is a real disturbing trend at the FCS level for sure.

Anthony215
January 11th, 2021, 07:40 AM
Well UD thought it had avoided the transfer issues that some other schools in the CAA were hit with.

Stud RB Will Knight is transferring out. This is right on the heels of our top 2020 recruit announcing he is leaving to go to South Carolina (LB -Debo Williams).

Is Debo Williams getting a scholarship at South Carolina or is he going there on one of the prestigious PWO plans? If it's as a PWO it would have made more sense for him to have played at UD in 2021 as a freshman then transferred up when SC has open scholarships available

Henny
January 11th, 2021, 07:58 AM
Is Debo Williams getting a scholarship at South Carolina or is he going there on one of the prestigious PWO plans? If it's as a PWO it would have made more sense for him to have played at UD in 2021 as a freshman then transferred up when SC has open scholarships available

Not sure but we know Williams was recruited by another player in his past. Looks like Knight is also going to USC but cant confirm. He's not responding to UD teammates.

Anthony215
January 11th, 2021, 08:00 AM

And since Will is already a transfer he's probably not going to get an immediate FCS/FCS or FCS/FBS transfer request. Then again he could be eligible for Fall 2021 at a FCS school although UD may limit his transfer options if he looks to stay within conference.

Henny
January 11th, 2021, 08:57 AM
He's definitely not transferring within conference. People from USC are responding to his tweet.... Both are presumably getting full ships.

caribbeanhen
January 12th, 2021, 01:33 PM

Knight was a special kind of FCS player and it does hurt Delaware and bad that this trend is a big negative for FCS football

kind of bizarre that nobody even knows where he’s really going

Who is advising this young man? this is the third mind change and he’s only going into his sophomore year

KPSUL
January 14th, 2021, 08:45 PM
Here is the link on 2021 CAA top draft choices. We all knew Liam Dobson was a big loss to the FBS portal but did not know he was that highly rated.
https://herosports.com/caa-colonial-2021-nfl-draft-prospects-ajaj/

Evan Horn, UNH Senior Safety (also punt returner and long snapper) announced in early December he would be entering the portal, hoping for selection by a P5 FBS team for a graduate year in Fall of 2021. We expected he would receive an offer prior to early signing day; however, as of now he has not committed anywhere. I'd think he'd got some FBS offers he felt weren't suitable and is now focusing on getting a shot in the NFL either through the draft or more likely an undrafted rookie contract.

Anthony215
January 18th, 2021, 08:03 AM
Nova Senior CB Jaquan Amos has opted out and entered the transfer portal. Probably will garnish FBS interest at the G5 level, wouldn't surprise me if he got an offer from Temple or even Rutgers.

6️⃣ on Twitter: "Thank you Nova Nation \\// Wildcat for life 💙🤍 https://t.co/sbyrY8vaAE" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/JaquanAmos/status/1350938634237710336)

KPSUL
January 18th, 2021, 09:09 PM
Evan Horn, UNH Senior Safety (also punt returner and long snapper) announced in early December he would be entering the portal, hoping for selection by a P5 FBS team for a graduate year in Fall of 2021. We expected he would receive an offer prior to early signing day; however, as of now he has not committed anywhere. I'd think he'd got some FBS offers he felt weren't suitable and is now focusing on getting a shot in the NFL either through the draft or more likely an undrafted rookie contract.

Horn is out of the portal and back on the UNH roster.

Anthony215
January 19th, 2021, 07:59 AM
Horn is out of the portal and back on the UNH roster.

That was gracious and nice of UNH to take him back, many teams once a kid enters the portal they wash their hands of them. I personally know of a kid at UConn who went through fall workouts and around November said I'm graduating next month 2 years early and want to enter the portal. The day he officially entered the portal coaches took all his gear and personal items out the locker room and took away his access to team related items. Unfortunately for this young man he hasn't gotten the offers he expected just Campbell & Maine have offered thus far. I thought he may have gotten G5 looks since he was a starter at UConn last year

CenMEBlackBearFan
January 19th, 2021, 10:28 AM
I remember looking at the Portal last year and UConn was such a mess there was something like 20 players on it. Any idea of the player from UConn that Maine made an offer to, we have 3 ex UConn players now, Jordan Swann(DB), Rhakim Williams (LB), and Zavier Scott (WR).

Anthony215
January 19th, 2021, 10:50 AM
I remember looking at the Portal last year and UConn was such a mess there was something like 20 players on it. Any idea of the player from UConn that Maine made an offer to, we have 3 ex UConn players now, Jordan Swann(DB), Rhakim Williams (LB), and Zavier Scott (WR).

Robert King III is the DB who Maine gave an offer to. Before he signed with UConn in high school he was committed to Temple, turning down offers from Army, Buffalo & Coastal Carolina.

Gangtackle11
January 19th, 2021, 03:49 PM
Nova CB Juquan Amos announced on Twitter he’s entered the transfer portal. He was 3rd team All-CAA. Word is he’s headed to an ACC team. Has a HPFA grade looking to get a day 3 draft grade by transferring.

xpeacex

KPSUL
January 19th, 2021, 07:12 PM
That was gracious and nice of UNH to take him back, many teams once a kid enters the portal they wash their hands of them. I personally know of a kid at UConn who went through fall workouts and around November said I'm graduating next month 2 years early and want to enter the portal. The day he officially entered the portal coaches took all his gear and personal items out the locker room and took away his access to team related items. Unfortunately for this young man he hasn't gotten the offers he expected just Campbell & Maine have offered thus far. I thought he may have gotten G5 looks since he was a starter at UConn last year

I think he earned a shot at trying to get a P5 offer that might enhance his chances at the NFL. I don't think anyone begrudged his entering the portal, but we are happy to welcome him back. He's already played 36 games for UNH, 29 as a starter. He was on the field for the majority of time, playing defense in all schemes, both way on punts as a returner and long snapper, field goals and PATs and for some kick-offs. He'll definitely play this Spring and has enrolled as a grad student which would bring him back for his last year of eligibility Fall of 2021. He's a big play, big game player who put up his best performances in games against JMU, Villanova and Central Arkansas.

Anthony215
January 20th, 2021, 07:47 AM
Nova CB Juquan Amos announced on Twitter he’s entered the transfer portal. He was 3rd team All-CAA. Word is he’s headed to an ACC team. Has a HPFA grade looking to get a day 3 draft grade by transferring.

xpeacex

That sucks for Nova but great for Jaquan. Hopefully the move pays off for him better than when Hodges left Nova to go to V-Tech this fall and didn't have a big impact on that team or really enhance his draft stock. He does have the Fall 21 season to impress scouts and make up for a lackluster Fall 2020 season.

Gangtackle11
January 21st, 2021, 03:24 PM
Nova DE Malik Fisher heads into the transfer portal per his Twitter. Hearing both Fisher & Amos will most likely end up in ACC. Nova’s defense will very inexperienced whenever they do play. Offense should be explosive though with Dan Smith at QB.

xpeacex

KPSUL
January 21st, 2021, 05:34 PM
That sucks for Nova but great for Jaquan. Hopefully the move pays off for him better than when Hodges left Nova to go to V-Tech this fall and didn't have a big impact on that team or really enhance his draft stock. He does have the Fall 21 season to impress scouts and make up for a lackluster Fall 2020 season.

I think few very FCS guys enhance their draftability by moving to FBS. Those that make the jump may have images of being a big star; however, I think the FBS teams are hoping to fill the two deep positions when they are looking at FCS.

Anthony215
January 22nd, 2021, 11:39 AM
I think few very FCS guys enhance their draftability by moving to FBS. Those that make the jump may have images of being a big star; however, I think the FBS teams are hoping to fill the two deep positions when they are looking at FCS.

This might be the one year you actually see FCS guys improve their stock as they're going into the FBS programs with almost a full year to catch up to speed. In the case of Amos and Fisher they'll be at FBS schools in time for winter workouts and spring ball. Normally the grad FCS transfers arrive in the summer and have 2 months to play catchup learning the new scheme/plays and then from there have to climb the depth chart. With being enrolled for the spring semester and being there for winter workouts they're learning the scheme/plays before spring practice allowing them to be able to climb the depth chart during spring ball and potentially start in week. Speaking of Amos he's already received an offer from a Big 12 program in Kansas State, SEC offer from Mississippi State and an offer from ACC member Virginia.

Gangtackle11
January 23rd, 2021, 08:45 AM
Some good news for Nova. Starting TE Todd Summers is leaving Duquesne to come back to Nova per Twitter account. Kind of strange 360 degree move, but it’s a crazy time. Welcome back Todd!!

Nova offense will be explosive with Smith back at QB, Covington coming back from injury at RB, and now Summers at TE.

Defense will be the huge question mark.

xpeacex

Gangtackle11
January 23rd, 2021, 08:49 AM

Nova OL Paul Grattan started every game at OG for UCLA this season. He’ll be back there in the fall. Definitely enhanced his draft stock.

Nova WR Changa Hodge struggled to see playing time at Virginia Tech. He’s got this fall to make an impact. TBD if this works out for him.

KPSUL
January 23rd, 2021, 10:02 AM
Nova OL Paul Grattan started every game at OG for UCLA this season. He’ll be back there in the fall. Definitely enhanced his draft stock.

Nova WR Changa Hodge struggled to see playing time at Virginia Tech. He’s got this fall to make an impact. TBD if this works out for him.

Statistical outlier - because the UNH coaching family knows how to find top talent where others don't see it! (Chip Kelly in this case)

Libertine
January 23rd, 2021, 09:15 PM
Statistical outlier -

To be fair, every kid who becomes a significant contributor at the P5 level, let alone makes it to the NFL is a statistical outlier.

Anthony215
January 25th, 2021, 07:18 AM
Maine picks up a 6-3 290 lb graduate transfer OG in Shawn Page Jr from D2 Bloomsburg (Pa). A big move the pile OL who excels in the running game should be able to come in an compete along the OL for a starting position at guard or possibly even center.

caribbeanhen
January 30th, 2021, 02:03 PM
Well it’s starting to look like the spring fling is gonna happen

JMU and Nova have to be the two favorites going in but this thing should be wide-open

Delaware starting practice Feb 5th or 6th

Gangtackle11
January 30th, 2021, 09:20 PM
Well it’s starting to look like the spring fling is gonna happen

JMU and Nova have to be the two favorites going in but this thing should be wide-open

Delaware starting practice Feb 5th or 6th

Nova will probably use spring schedule to get a look at a lot of new faces. I’d be surprised to see them at full throttle in the spring.

xpeacex

caribbeanhen
January 30th, 2021, 09:42 PM
Nova will probably use spring schedule to get a look at a lot of new faces. I’d be surprised to see them at full throttle in the spring.

xpeacex

Delaware should try to throttle you then, Rip Van Rocco needs to wake up and win now

Henderson needs to stay healthy

ok first prediction.... Gangster makes rented Mule joke in ....4...3....2.....1...

Gangtackle11
January 31st, 2021, 01:41 PM
Delaware should try to throttle you then, Rip Van Rocco needs to wake up and win now

Henderson needs to stay healthy

ok first prediction.... Gangster makes rented Mule joke in ....4...3....2.....1...

Seriously it’s not worth a response after all these years. Anyway you want to measure the history of the series.... it goes Nova’s way. Focus on your rival Delaware State! xlolx

xpeacex

DFW HOYA
January 31st, 2021, 10:07 PM
CBS Sports spares no words for Fordham's basketball search, but suggests they need a new conference... the CAA. Does that apply to football as well?

"Fordham is the A-10's only team in the greater New York City area, so on some level the league clearly values the school. But it has to be exhausting to dwell in the basement almost every season without exception. We've seen enough at this point. Fordham brass should be looking for a way out in an effort to improve its standing in the sport; the program is a laughingstock. It will take a near-miracle hire to pull the Rams out of a decades-long dormancy. Two leagues make sense: The Colonial Athletic Association or the MAAC. At that level Fordham would be more competitive and ultimately, in time, more likely to break through and finally get back to the NCAAs."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/the-court-report-these-ncaa-tournament-protocols-show-how-hard-it-will-be-to-pull-off-the-2021-big-dance/ (https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/the-court-report-these-ncaa-tournament-protocols-show-how-hard-it-will-be-to-pull-off-the-2021-big-dance/)

dunbar
February 1st, 2021, 08:26 AM
The CAA should offer Fordham if Elon gets offered by the ASUN. CAA Football could go with true divisions that way (AE4, Rhody, Fordham in the north; the rest in the south).

Anthony215
February 1st, 2021, 08:40 AM
Villanova CB Jaquan Amos is announcing today between his top 5 schools with Iowa State, West Virginia, Virginia, Kansas State and Mississippi State being his choices. I think he goes to WVU where there will be 2 other Philadelphia DB's on the roster. Although Iowa State has the reigning Defensive Freshman of the Year returning who is also from Philly.

caribbeanhen
February 1st, 2021, 09:15 AM
Seriously it’s not worth a response after all these years. Anyway you want to measure the history of the series.... it goes Nova’s way. Focus on your rival Delaware State! xlolx

xpeacex

lighten up Francis

caribbeanhen
February 1st, 2021, 09:17 AM
Villanova CB Jaquan Amos is announcing today between his top 5 schools with Iowa State, West Virginia, Virginia, Kansas State and Mississippi State being his choices. I think he goes to WVU where there will be 2 other Philadelphia DB's on the roster. Although Iowa State has the reigning Defensive Freshman of the Year returning who is also from Philly.

have you heard anything about Will Knight?

Anthony215
February 1st, 2021, 10:59 AM
have you heard anything about Will Knight?

Last I heard he was leaning to South Carolina, I think they're still trying to sort through scholarships available though. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up with a lateral transfer to another FCS program. There was no need to transfer IMO for him as he was the man at Delaware and if he sustained those numbers and improved yearly he would have been a draft picked player in 2023.

caribbeanhen
February 1st, 2021, 11:10 AM
Last I heard he was leaning to South Carolina, I think they're still trying to sort through scholarships available though. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up with a lateral transfer to another FCS program. There was no need to transfer IMO for him as he was the man at Delaware and if he sustained those numbers and improved yearly he would have been a draft picked player in 2023.

Not sure what’s going on in his mind but somebody appears to be giving him bad advice

Yep, a lateral transfer to FCS would raise all kinds of questions in Newark, I think he is FBS bound

Anthony215
February 1st, 2021, 12:47 PM

As suspected he's going to Ames to team with his buddy Isheem Young lol. Said he loved Mississippi State but their HC never reached out just position coach who offered him. Iowa State HC called and talked in depth with him and without being able to visit schools during this pandemic that made the difference for him. He was told if he declared and entered the 2021 NFL Draft he had a 7th to PFA grade, but going to larger school if he produces he can jump to a 4-5th round pick. Risky but worth the jump for him I suppose

Gangtackle11
February 1st, 2021, 06:37 PM

Iowa State is what I’ve been told. Oops Anthony beat me to it. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
February 1st, 2021, 06:40 PM
lighten up Francis

xlolx = laughter = don’t get your undies in a wad. Go Hornets!! xpeacex

caribbeanhen
February 1st, 2021, 07:06 PM
xlolx = laughter = don’t get your undies in a wad. Go Hornets!! xpeacex

speaking of the Hornets, Div3 Wesley is being absorbed by Delaware State, not CAA News or Delaware’s rivalry but interesting none the less

2019 Wesley had a QB that looked like he belonged in Div 1

Anthony215
February 2nd, 2021, 08:26 AM
speaking of the Hornets, Div3 Wesley is being absorbed by Delaware State, not CAA News or Delaware’s rivalry but interesting none the less

2019 Wesley had a QB that looked like he belonged in Div 1

As of last year the plan was for Wesley to maintain it's basketball & football programs as D3 programs as satellite branch of DSU. Sort of how Rutgers has D3 programs at the Camden branch, and PSU has D2 and D3 programs at it's satellite branches. If I'm Drew Fry I double down on myself and make the leap to DSU's main campus with this transfer exception and try my luck at the FCS level where he definitely has the skill set to be successful and productive. According to Rivals he had offers from DSU and Coastal Carolina coming out of HS in 2019 but somehow stayed home and went to Wesley which worked for him as he became an starter at the end of the year including the 2 playoff games.

caribbeanhen
February 2nd, 2021, 09:15 AM
As of last year the plan was for Wesley to maintain it's basketball & football programs as D3 programs as satellite branch of DSU. Sort of how Rutgers has D3 programs at the Camden branch, and PSU has D2 and D3 programs at it's satellite branches. If I'm Drew Fry I double down on myself and make the leap to DSU's main campus with this transfer exception and try my luck at the FCS level where he definitely has the skill set to be successful and productive. According to Rivals he had offers from DSU and Coastal Carolina coming out of HS in 2019 but somehow stayed home and went to Wesley which worked for him as he became an starter at the end of the year including the 2 playoff games.

Fry!

That’s the one I was thinking about

thank you Anthony I could not remember his name but I agree if he wanted to he could walk right into Del St and start this spring

caa51
February 6th, 2021, 01:49 PM
Any news on CAA teams allowing or not allowing fans for spring games? I have seen JMU is allowing 250 fans that will include guests of players and coaches only. I have also seen that Maine may not be having any home games.

melloware13
February 6th, 2021, 01:55 PM
Would there be interest in a Spring edition of CAA Pick'em? I've been quiet because of a recent move west but am willing to run it if there's interest. Here's hoping we get through the season smoothly!

caribbeanhen
February 16th, 2021, 01:16 PM
Well I guess no news is good news

CenMEBlackBearFan
February 16th, 2021, 03:20 PM
Any news on CAA teams allowing or not allowing fans for spring games? I have seen JMU is allowing 250 fans that will include guests of players and coaches only. I have also seen that Maine may not be having any home games.

UGH, I am so upset with our Governor making non-scientific rules that border on insanity. I applaud her efforts to keep the citizens safe as Maine has had one of the lowest Covid cases in the country but she has gone way to far in limiting 50 people for indoor events and 100 for outdoor events. She should make the University exempt as they are testing their athletes daily and have the resources to continue to keep them safe especially with positive cases trending downward.
She has made both women's and men's hockey teams NOT have any home games as they exceed the 50 person limit meanwhile WalMart can be packed to the gills, go figure.
The UMaine AD announced that the football team will need 7 buses for away games as they can only put 15 people in a bus, not sure who came up with that great plan???
Bottom line Maine will never play 6 road games with that needless expense so either the governor smartens up or Maine plays 3 games on the road but more likely cancels the spring season. I count 19 days till kickoff, this ought to be interesting.
On the positive side, UMaine will announce their plan to spend 110million on athletic facilities from a Harold Alfond donation tomorrow at 9am,xnodx

caribbeanhen
February 16th, 2021, 06:03 PM
UGH, I am so upset with our Governor making non-scientific rules that border on insanity. I applaud her efforts to keep the citizens safe as Maine has had one of the lowest Covid cases in the country but she has gone way to far in limiting 50 people for indoor events and 100 for outdoor events. She should make the University exempt as they are testing their athletes daily and have the resources to continue to keep them safe especially with positive cases trending downward.
She has made both women's and men's hockey teams NOT have any home games as they exceed the 50 person limit meanwhile WalMart can be packed to the gills, go figure.
The UMaine AD announced that the football team will need 7 buses for away games as they can only put 15 people in a bus, not sure who came up with that great plan???
Bottom line Maine will never play 6 road games with that needless expense so either the governor smartens up or Maine plays 3 games on the road but more likely cancels the spring season. I count 19 days till kickoff, this ought to be interesting.
On the positive side, UMaine will announce their plan to spend 110million on athletic facilities from a Harold Alfond donation tomorrow at 9am,xnodx

Don’t talk like this blackbear

you’re supposed to be in Newark on March 6th for a football game

Are you guys even practicing up there in Orono?

NY Crusader 2010
February 16th, 2021, 06:28 PM

Haven't you heard? Local governments have still refrained from making big box stores into a scapegoat so therefore it's impossible to get sick while shopping at WalMart.

KPSUL
February 16th, 2021, 09:45 PM

I'm sure Coach Mac could get UNH to send a couple buses up to get your guys down south for our annual rivalry game.

CenMEBlackBearFan
February 17th, 2021, 07:11 AM
We are practicing outdoors weather permitting in pods, not sure we have been given green light for complete team practice.

The women's soccer team plays their first game this weekend on the road so I would take that as a positive event if it occurs.

Crazy times for sure, our Men's basketball team just cancelled their season due to positive Covid cases. The football team never had a positive case in the fall practice season, time will tell.

Thanks KPSUL for the bus offerxlolx

knit35
February 17th, 2021, 08:00 AM
Awesome - I’d be interested for sure

caribbeanhen
February 17th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Would there be interest in a Spring edition of CAA Pick'em? I've been quiet because of a recent move west but am willing to run it if there's interest. Here's hoping we get through the season smoothly!

Yes always

CenMEBlackBearFan
February 23rd, 2021, 10:42 AM
How nice that UMaine OK'd hosting spring football games. This was not definite until today as UMaine was NOT allowed to host home hockey games as the Governor would not allow more than 50 people inside a facility for a sporting event. We will have to wait till fall to attend a game so Flosports here we come!!!

http://goblackbears.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2021/2/23/IMG_1642_2.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_nl

University of Maine to host football games at Alfond Stadium in 2021 (http://goblackbears.com/services/go.ashx/6bc31dce-123a-4963-9672-cc27de1a03ff?elinkdata=3498272)
2/23/2021 | Football
Orono, Maine - University of Maine President Joan Ferrni-Mundy has reviewed the 2021 spring football season game operation plans and issued approval for UMaine to host home football games at Alfond Stadium. To comply with state COVID-19 guidelines regarding gathering sizes, no spectators will be permitted inside Alfond Stadium on game day. Only personnel deemed essential will be in the stadium during the home contests.
The health and safety plans were developed by UMaine athletics in collaboration with university health and emergency operations staff in adherence with state and University of Maine System guidance. Each home football game will be conducted and played under strict operational standards that have been reviewed and approved by the University of Maine Emergency Operations Center.
"All of Black Bear Nation appreciates the hard work and diligence our athletics and health and safety staff have done this year in support of our student athletes and our community," said President Ferrini-Mundy. "Our players, coaches, and staff in all of our programs have been resilient leaders in our public health campaign. I am pleased we will have an opportunity to host games at Alfond Stadium starting in March. "
Maine is tentatively scheduled to host three games at Alfond Stadium in the spring season, beginning March 13 with a home contest against UAlbany. Maine is set to host Villanova on April 3 before closing the regular season at home against New Hampshire on April 17.
All dates and times are subject to change.

KPSUL
February 23rd, 2021, 08:22 PM
How nice that UMaine OK'd hosting spring football games. This was not definite until today as UMaine was NOT allowed to host home hockey games as the Governor would not allow more than 50 people inside a facility for a sporting event. We will have to wait till fall to attend a game so Flosports here we come!!!

http://goblackbears.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2021/2/23/IMG_1642_2.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_nl
University of Maine to host football games at Alfond Stadium in 2021 (http://goblackbears.com/services/go.ashx/6bc31dce-123a-4963-9672-cc27de1a03ff?elinkdata=3498272)
2/23/2021 | Football
Orono, Maine - University of Maine President Joan Ferrni-Mundy has reviewed the 2021 spring football season game operation plans and issued approval for UMaine to host home football games at Alfond Stadium. To comply with state COVID-19 guidelines regarding gathering sizes, no spectators will be permitted inside Alfond Stadium on game day. Only personnel deemed essential will be in the stadium during the home contests.
The health and safety plans were developed by UMaine athletics in collaboration with university health and emergency operations staff in adherence with state and University of Maine System guidance. Each home football game will be conducted and played under strict operational standards that have been reviewed and approved by the University of Maine Emergency Operations Center.
"All of Black Bear Nation appreciates the hard work and diligence our athletics and health and safety staff have done this year in support of our student athletes and our community," said President Ferrini-Mundy. "Our players, coaches, and staff in all of our programs have been resilient leaders in our public health campaign. I am pleased we will have an opportunity to host games at Alfond Stadium starting in March. "
Maine is tentatively scheduled to host three games at Alfond Stadium in the spring season, beginning March 13 with a home contest against UAlbany. Maine is set to host Villanova on April 3 before closing the regular season at home against New Hampshire on April 17.
All dates and times are subject to change.

Ahh! Nothing like mid-April in Bangor; can hardly wait!

CenMEBlackBearFan
February 25th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Ahh! Nothing like mid-April in Bangor; can hardly wait!

You won't have to worry as no fans allowed. Mid April will be alot better than the home opener on 3/13.xlolx Heck were just lucky we didn't have to play all the games on the road like the hockey team did, over zealous governah!!!
What are you guys doing for fans?

caribbeanhen
February 25th, 2021, 03:10 PM
No fans allowed in the spring season opener at Delaware versus Maine

KPSUL
February 25th, 2021, 05:19 PM
The Athletic Department has been silent so far. But I did ask my 8 Ball if fans would be allowed at UNH football games this Spring and the answer was, "Outlook not good".