PDA

View Full Version : Can the Montana State Coach be a bigger pussy???

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2019, 06:08 AM
Holy **** this is what you have for a coach? Piss and moan about one team being dominant? Whine about home field advantage? I didn't see him wanting to give that up last week!

From the Fargo Fishwrap and dipstick McFeely

Montana State head coach Jeff Choate believes North Dakota State's decade-long run of dominance in the Division I Football Championship Subdivision isn't good for the college game. He's also advocating to play semifinal playoff games at a neutral site to take away the home-crowd advantage a stadium like the Fargodome can offer.

Read more here if you can stomach the knashing of teeth and (https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4827080-McFeely-Montana-State-coach-bemoans-NDSUs-dominance-as-bad-for-college-football)complaining (https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4827080-McFeely-Montana-State-coach-bemoans-NDSUs-dominance-as-bad-for-college-football)

Mfergy4
December 18th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Holy **** this is what you have for a coach? Piss and moan about one team being dominant? Whine about home field advantage? I didn't see him wanting to give that up last week!

Montana State head coach Jeff Choate believes North Dakota State's decade-long run of dominance in the Division I Football Championship Subdivision isn't good for the college game. He's also advocating to play semifinal playoff games at a neutral site to take away the home-crowd advantage a stadium like the Fargodome can offer.

Read more here if you can stomach the knashing of teeth and (https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4827080-McFeely-Montana-State-coach-bemoans-NDSUs-dominance-as-bad-for-college-football)complaining (https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4827080-McFeely-Montana-State-coach-bemoans-NDSUs-dominance-as-bad-for-college-football)

I believe he stole that story line from SDSU's coach form earlier this year....

Christiank22
December 18th, 2019, 07:51 AM

I expect nothing less from western Montana, it used to be such a great place too. With all the hippies and Californians, Bozeman is just Boulder of the north, sad what it is turning into.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 08:05 AM
Facilities last year now COA is why NDSU is good. Kind of surprised he's gone this route with the excuses.

I watched his whole interview. Wonder if Choate would want scholarship reductions to even the playing field?

Not a good look IMO.

Prime Power
December 18th, 2019, 08:07 AM
I don't think what he said about NDSU being dominant is bad for the FCS is wrong. Also, said the same teams get into the CFP at the FBS level. Isn't he right? The home field advantage in the semifinals is earned. He is wrong about that, also even if it was at a "neutral" field, I doubt it would be neutral with how Bison fans travel. His doubleheader thing is just idiotic. It sounds like he doesn't think his team can win to me and is already making excuses why .

POD Knows
December 18th, 2019, 08:09 AM
Does this idiot think a neutral site would help them, it would still feel like a Bison home game because the crowd would be Bison fans, just like Frisco. I got a tip for this idiot, win more games, maybe you shouldn't choke games away like the UND game. Get the #2 seed for once in your life. :D

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Georgia Southern and Marshall both won 2 Championships each on their home field.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 08:12 AM
Does this idiot think a neutral site would help them, it would still feel like a Bison home game because the crowd would be Bison fans, just like Frisco. I got a tip for this idiot, win more games, maybe you shouldn't choke games away like the UND game. Get the #2 seed for once in your life. :D

I'm right behind the visitors bench. I've got some good trash talk lined up for him....👍

Bison56
December 18th, 2019, 08:12 AM
https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-production/uploads/images/crime/graphics/crybaby.jpg

catbob
December 18th, 2019, 08:29 AM
How about you guys watch the whole presser before making judgments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 08:31 AM

I did. The COA comment sounds like making excuses. Or is it a message to the administration to put more $$$ into the program?

catbob
December 18th, 2019, 08:34 AM
I did. The COA comment sounds like making excuses. Or is it a message to the administration to put more $$$ into the program?

That’s usually how he rolls. Likes to drop strong hints when he can to his own AD via highlighting other teams advantages when he sees them.

Herdistheword
December 18th, 2019, 08:35 AM
He may have a legit argument about NDSU’s winning streak being bad for FCS football. I think the first winning streak was good and brought a lot of attention to the FCS (aka Gameday exposure), but now it is getting old for a lot of non-NDSU fans.

However, any gripes about home field advantage and COA are just lame. MSU spends more on football than NDSU and every team has the same chance to win home field advantage. At that point, he is giving our players bulletin board material by kind of diminishing what they have accomplished this season.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2019, 08:36 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProI watched it, but fun would that be, it is better to rip on somebody on game week. I actually thought his presser was decent and the tone that this ass hat Mcfeeley "painted" is somewhat distorted so what else is new.

Professor
December 18th, 2019, 08:42 AM

Huge message to his AD

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 08:45 AM
That’s usually how he rolls. Likes to drop strong hints when he can to his own AD via highlighting other teams advantages when he sees them.

I think MSU spends more on football than NDSU....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Huge message to his AD

See my comment.....MSU spends more on football compared to NDSU

catbob
December 18th, 2019, 08:47 AM
After reading that pinnacle of journalism, I can come to no other conclusion other than that the author’s first name is Touchy.

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Over on the Bobcat board they're saying the only reason NDSU can do COA is oil money xlolx. They don't know ND politics at all.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Last year when we played NDSU he had a rant about facilities, guess what, next spring we are breaking ground on an $18 million Football facility and Athletic complex upgrade.

You don't think that using his presser as a bully pulpit is a bad thing do you?

The comment about 'advocating for a neutral site" was obviously a joke. He has already talked about how this year it was important to get a seed to have home-field advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Over on the Bobcat board they're saying the only reason NDSU can do COA is oil money xlolx. They don't know ND politics at all.
why does UND have COA too?

Professor
December 18th, 2019, 09:02 AM

I think this was the coaches main point

The coach specifically brought up cost of attendance, an NCAA rule that allows schools to pay student-athletes for their college expenses beyond what's covered by scholarships. COA covers things like transportation, supplies and daily expenses. NDSU offers full cost of attendance to its football players, which is a recruiting advantage when going against schools that don't have the same benefit to offer.

The Bobcats play in the 13-team Big Sky Conference. Choate said he didn't know of any Big Sky football program that offers full cost of attendance.
"If you have one group that's offering $3,334 a year cash to these kids and another group isn't, the scholarship isn't apples to apples," Choate said. "So are we really playing on the same level?"

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2019, 09:05 AM
Y'all are falling right into his trap, lol.

Either Choate is really ****ing stupid and he's intentionally giving NDSU bulletin board material...or he just removed all pressure from his team and they will be able to play fast and angry with a chip on their shoulder.

I don't think he's stupid.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 09:08 AM

Oil money? Lol

All private funds cover COA. Ive donated. $$ specifically for this.

JayJ79
December 18th, 2019, 09:11 AM
I don't think what he said about NDSU being dominant is bad for the FCS is wrong. Also, said the same teams get into the CFP at the FBS level. Isn't he right? The home field advantage in the semifinals is earned. He is wrong about that, also even if it was at a "neutral" field, I doubt it would be neutral with how Bison fans travel. His doubleheader thing is just idiotic. It sounds like he doesn't think his team can win to me and is already making excuses why .
so y'all are saying that the CFP FBS games should be played on the home field of the higher seed?

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2019, 09:16 AM
so y'all are saying that the CFP FBS games should be played on the home field of the higher seed?

Your first mistake is calling that abomination going on at the FBS level a playoff is a joke. It's nothing but a popularity contest. Carry on xcoffeex

wapiti
December 18th, 2019, 09:25 AM
The title of this thread could be bulletin board material for the Cats.

One NDSU fan is a bit sensitive.

Lion1983
December 18th, 2019, 09:28 AM
I dont think dominance is that bad for any level of College football. That being said, what is bad, is when schools, fan bases, and so on start giving up and not putting the full effort to compete with the dominant programs.

Dont complain about NDSU being dominant, embrace it, put the effort into your program with money, fans and leadership, and go beat good programs to prove you belong.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 09:28 AM
Your first mistake is calling that abomination going on at the FBS level a playoff is a joke. It's nothing but a popularity contest. Carry on xcoffeex
Pretty much agree, however the FCS selection isn't much better, seems like each year a few teams get in on nothing more than popularity. But in the end its a 24 team field and you have to win your way through it. I don't recall when if ever a team in the bottom half of the field has even made it to the championship let alone win.

jadmt
December 18th, 2019, 09:30 AM
fug at UM they got sanctioned because some parent bought breakfast for players.. I think MSU has proven they can play in a noisy environment and win.

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Y'all are falling right into his trap, lol.

Either Choate is really ****ing stupid and he's intentionally giving NDSU bulletin board material...or he just removed all pressure from his team and they will be able to play fast and angry with a chip on their shoulder.

I don't think he's stupid.

NDSU has won zero games because something the read on their bulletin board. just like every other team.

jadmt
December 18th, 2019, 09:41 AM
NDSU has won zero games because something the read on their bulletin board. just like every other team.
nor have they lost a game lol.

semobison
December 18th, 2019, 09:43 AM
Pretty much agree, however the FCS selection isn't much better, seems like each year a few teams get in on nothing more than popularity. But in the end its a 24 team field and you have to win your way through it. I don't recall when if ever a team in the bottom half of the field has even made it to the championship let alone win.

Youngstown State in 2016 is the only unseeded team to make the final in the past decade.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2019, 09:43 AM

Who is his target audience when he is @ this presser?

It sure as **** ain't NDSU fans, players or coaches. It's Montana State administration and boosters.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2019, 09:44 AM
After reading that pinnacle of journalism, I can come to no other conclusion other than that the author’s first name is Touchy.

He's a wanna be Skip Bayless... what a role model to aspire to.

Last year when we played NDSU he had a rant about facilities, guess what, next spring we are breaking ground on an $18 million Football facility and Athletic complex upgrade.

The comment about 'advocating for a neutral site" was obviously a joke. He has already talked about how this year it was important to get a seed to have home-field advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

He can pound his bully pulpit all he wants to... still makes him look like a crybaby.

If COA is such an advantage why is UND's football program the way it is? USD offers it as well.... it hasn't turned their football program into a powerhouse. There's also very little oil money on South Dakota.

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2019, 09:56 AM
He's a wanna be Skip Bayless... what a role model to aspire to.

He can pound his bully pulpit all he wants to... still makes him look like a crybaby.

If COA is such an advantage why is UND's football program the way it is? USD offers it as well.... it hasn't turned their football program into a powerhouse. There's also very little oil money on South Dakota.

if the schools they are playing have also done that the why would it turn them around. shouldnt they have to do COA just to stay where they were before NDSU also did it?

Redbird 4th & short
December 18th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Let's first put out there that NDSU relies less on student fees than almost anyone else and they're budget is not way out of line. The total COA things is a good idea, though I do think it should be more "needs based" for recrtuiment purposes when you drag a kid thousands of miles from hi home and he can't afford to fly home for holiday breaks, nor can his parents afford to come watch games. So I do think COA should be needs based.

Aside from that .. I agree his argument was weak, and the reference to CFB being similar teams each year was even weaker .. they should have their own playoff because theyre so good ... really ???

And I don't buy his equivalancy argument about NFL salary caps .. NFL is made up of franchises and they are truly running a for profit business. Salary caps being good for league parity has everything to do with protecting the NFL for the greater good - they are running a huge business. That is not what college football should emulate in any way. Besides colleges do have a hard salary cap .. its tuition, fees, food & housing, and now a 3,300 COA. Is it a difference maker .. sure, but on a minor level. NDSU recruits a territory and is going to get most of the same kids anyway .. with or without the 3,300 COA. Might it help them land a few out of state kids from Florida, Georgia, Texas .. maybe. But they were winning before the COA started.

That said, I do wish they would make COA needs based. That would seem to be the whole point of recognizing those additional costs ... some families just can not afford it, some clearly can ... so why would they get it ???

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2019, 10:12 AM

Its interesting when you look at budgets who's are how much. ISUb was around the 2nd highest in the MVFC and I hear on our board about how we need to be better if we are going to have the 2nd highest budget HOWEVER I dont think that takes into account facilities and if you stand on the 50yd line at each MVFC school and look around you wouldnt say we are the 2nd best funded team.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2019, 10:16 AM
if the schools they are playing have also done that the why would it turn them around. shouldnt they have to do COA just to stay where they were before NDSU also did it?
As far as I know the only FCS schools offering COA fully are NDSU, UND, USD, and JMU. I believe SDSU offers it "as needed" (probably when they are recruiting against those other schools). NDSU and JMU were FCS powers before they offered COA and UND and USD were not. None of them have changed their status with it. UND and USD have had far less success than many other FCS schools that are not offering COA to football players.

JayJ79
December 18th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Dont complain about NDSU being dominant, embrace it, put the effort into your program with money, fans and leadership, and go beat good programs to prove you belong.

if the answer to everything is just "spend more money", perhaps we should get rid of the subdivisions and just have one level of Division 1 football. Don't complain about not being able to compete with Clemson, just spend more money and get better.....

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2019, 10:32 AM
if the answer to everything is just "spend more money", perhaps we should get rid of the subdivisions and just have one level of Division 1 football. Don't complain about not being able to compete with Clemson, just spend more money and get better.....

Here's a novel idea. If you can't afford to participate in the division you're in rather than tear others down how about move down yourself? Otherwise just STFU!

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 10:33 AM
fug at UM they got sanctioned because some parent bought breakfast for players.. I think MSU has proven they can play in a noisy environment and win.
No, they got sanctions and games vacated because a booster provided legal assistance.

JayJ79
December 18th, 2019, 10:33 AM
There will always be squabbles about the last few teams that get in. But at least with the FCS setup, any of the truly deserving teams will make it in (along with some "meh" teams, while other "meh" teams get left out).
With just a 4 team "playoff", it is possible for a deserving team to be left out

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Youngstown State in 2016 is the only unseeded team to make the final in the past decade.
Thanks, I really didn't know and couldn't remember but it hasn't been a problem

catbob
December 18th, 2019, 10:35 AM
Why are fans of the best dynasty the FCS has ever seen so sensitive? It's weird.

JayJ79
December 18th, 2019, 10:38 AM
Here's a novel idea. If you can't afford to participate in the division you're in rather than tear others down how about move down yourself? Otherwise just STFU!

or instead of sitting in a lower division and outspending everyone else in terms of COA/etc., just move up to the higher subdivision where such things are the norm.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Why are fans of the best dynasty the FCS has ever seen so sensitive? It's weird.
I agree, they sure get their panties in a twist over nothing

Silenoz
December 18th, 2019, 10:44 AM
The rest of FCS is just now learning that our state has the two biggest mouths on the planet

Silenoz
December 18th, 2019, 10:46 AM
I expect nothing less from western Montana, it used to be such a great place too. With all the hippies and Californians, Bozeman is just Boulder of the north, sad what it is turning into.
Haha! It's so true. Maybe I'll hit up the Kombucha bar after work tonight. Then get in a game of ironic curling. Maybe see if I can get some Eddie Bauer stuff on sale on the way home.

Lion1983
December 18th, 2019, 11:11 AM

I didnt mean just money. Leadership and fans were also mentioned... the point is, do what you have to do to compete, if you dont want to, or cant, accept it, or drop to D2 or 3 or drop football.

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2019, 11:14 AM
I agree, they sure get their panties in a twist over nothing

Not at all I would expect more a coach though. I think it's kind of sad for those players who he seems to be throwing under the bus. Carry on.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Not at all I would expect more a coach though. I think it's kind of sad for those players who he seems to be throwing under the bus. Carry on.
You know absolutely nothing about Choate, everything he said went right over your head and you and the ND press took the bait

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2019, 11:18 AM
You know absolutely nothing about Choate, everything he said went right over your head and you and the ND press took the bait
Nope just a pathetic way of whining to get funding. Carry on.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 18th, 2019, 11:19 AM
No he cannot, he does have above average tits for a man though

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 11:24 AM
I watched it, but fun would that be, it is better to rip on somebody on game week. I actually thought his presser was decent and the tone that this ass hat Mcfeeley "painted" is somewhat distorted so what else is new.

Agreed. Guy piles on praise, almost to the point of gushing like a school girl, and says something that we've had numerous discussions here about (lack of parity hurting the subdivision). He brings up neutral-site semis, and he deserves criticism for that, as financially, the NCAA will never do it. However, I can't think of a single other sport where semi-finals are held on campus (someone can maybe help as I only really know about baseball, hockey and basketball. As for "bemoaning" the COA, I heard him piling on more compliments about how well the university as well as the Fargo community supports the Bison which then does give the Bison a leg up on many programs. I can't speak to what is in his head, but it did kinda sound like he was speaking to an audience of 1 (or 2) - our AD and Prez Cruzado: "If we want to compete with the juggernauts of the subdivision, we also need to become one of the 'haves'." With the growth of the university as a whole, the surrounding community population, the stadium expansions, and the popularity of the team.... I don't think he's wrong. Fans are no longer going to be satisfied with a) beating the Griz, b) making the playoffs c) winning a game or 2 and then d) making our annual trek to Fargo to get bounced. We've done a lot to make improvements since I first showed up in the fall of '98. We see the formula: physical line play, a solid run game, strong support from the university/community. With the rapid growth of MSU and Gallatin Valley in the last decade, there's no reason we shouldn't be a top-tier program year-in, year-out.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2019, 11:47 AM
Well, you could've put your beef in the game thread then instead of creating a new thread that calls the Montana St coach a pussy in the thread title.

It shouldn't be that surprising that we get accused of being thin skinned starting threads like these.

JayJ79
December 18th, 2019, 11:47 AM
I didnt mean just money. Leadership and fans were also mentioned... the point is, do what you have to do to compete, if you dont want to, or cant, accept it, or drop to D2 or 3 or drop football.
dropping football is probably the smart move in the long run for many schools.
attendance is dropping, and football is a huge drain on resources and causes all sorts of Title IX headaches, plus youth interest in football is waning with the revelations of the ongoing effects of concussions.

Dropping to D2 or D3 doesn't really make any sense since D1 membership brings with it a piece of the basketball fund money (especially if that school's basketball program ever makes it to the tournament themselves)

dropping the sport makes more sense than sinking more and more money in a futile attempt to remain competitive

catbob
December 18th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Nope just a pathetic way of whining to get funding. Carry on.

Choate has constantly rallied for this kind of stuff in nearly every presser this year.

Serious question - did you listen to the whole presser or just read the article before you started an entire thread calling someone a p*ssy?

Grizzlies82
December 18th, 2019, 12:06 PM

He is speaking to the crowd at home not in No Dakota. Classic Choate to prepare excuses in advance. He likes to talk big, then he back peddles so he comes out correct either way.

Bison are unbelievably fabulous, best team ever. NDSU shouldn’t get home playoff games. Too unfair to expect to win in Fargo. They PAY their players and we can’t. The guy has mastered the art of whining with bravado.

catbob
December 18th, 2019, 12:09 PM
He is speaking to the crowd at home not in No Dakota. Classic Choate to prepare excuses in advance. He likes to talk big, then he back peddles so he comes out correct either way.

Bison are unbelievably fabulous, best team ever. NDSU shouldn’t get home playoff games. Too unfair to expect to win in Fargo. They PAY their players and we can’t. The guy has mastered the art of whining with bravado.

Yes, Choate talks. Talked about owning the state when he was hired, and he absolutely has.

catbob
December 18th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Let me breaking down the major complaints in Touchy McFeely's article:

1. Talking about neutral site games.
- Choate's background is FBS, and FBS teams that almost always went to bowl games. In addition, MSU has in my opinion a top 5 homefield advantage in the FCS so if he is advocating for a neutral site then that absolutely negatives our homefield advantage too if we ever were able to host a semi-final game. So this isn't whining about NDSU getting homefield, Choate is advocating for a system more like what the FBS CFP has. I disagree with him heavily but it isn't a shot at NDSU or an excuse.

2. He calls out the advantages NDSU has, including cost of attendance.
- He wants them. Agree or disagree with his tactic, but this is also not making excuses. This is a tactic he's employed over the years, bringing up an advantage an opponent has to try to increase fundraising to get things he wants at MSU built. Sorry Bison fans, this isn't a new tactic or the first time he's talked about a level playing field.

3. Says NDSU dynasty is bad for football.
- I would venture most people agree this is true. Maybe not smart to say it but he's not wrong. He talks about this beyond the scope of this game as well. Talks, NFL and CFP. There is a reason March Madness is so popular, and it's not because everyone wants to watch the higher seeded teams win every single game.

Also Choate offered a lot of praise for NDSU, but not surprisingly the article made ZERO mention of this.

Redbird 4th & short
December 18th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Well, you could've put your beef in the game thread then instead of creating a new thread that calls the Montana St coach a pussy in the thread title.

It shouldn't be that surprising that we get accused of being thin skinned starting threads like these.

agree the thread title is way over the top ... but the topic is worthy discussion, and he raised it.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2019, 01:06 PM
I'm right behind the visitors bench. I've got some good trash talk lined up for him....

xlolx

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 01:13 PM
I'm right behind the visitors bench. I've got some good trash talk lined up for him....

I'm sure you'll have him all shook up...... xrolleyesx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 01:41 PM

Have you sat by me before?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 01:46 PM
Let me breaking down the major complaints in Touchy McFeely's article:

1. Talking about neutral site games.
- Choate's background is FBS, and FBS teams that almost always went to bowl games. In addition, MSU has in my opinion a top 5 homefield advantage in the FCS so if he is advocating for a neutral site then that absolutely negatives our homefield advantage too if we ever were able to host a semi-final game. So this isn't whining about NDSU getting homefield, Choate is advocating for a system more like what the FBS CFP has. I disagree with him heavily but it isn't a shot at NDSU or an excuse.

2. He calls out the advantages NDSU has, including cost of attendance.
- He wants them. Agree or disagree with his tactic, but this is also not making excuses. This is a tactic he's employed over the years, bringing up an advantage an opponent has to try to increase fundraising to get things he wants at MSU built. Sorry Bison fans, this isn't a new tactic or the first time he's talked about a level playing field.

3. Says NDSU dynasty is bad for football.
- I would venture most people agree this is true. Maybe not smart to say it but he's not wrong. He talks about this beyond the scope of this game as well. Talks, NFL and CFP. There is a reason March Madness is so popular, and it's not because everyone wants to watch the higher seeded teams win every single game.

Also Choate offered a lot of praise for NDSU, but not surprisingly the article made ZERO mention of this.

Besides COA, what else is their for him? It looks like MSU spends more on football compared to NDSU so there probably isn't much else. Do his assistants make more? MSU probably has more $$$ for recruiting budget.

thebootfitter
December 18th, 2019, 02:17 PM
or instead of sitting in a lower division and outspending everyone else in terms of COA/etc., just move up to the higher subdivision where such things are the norm.
Outspending everyone? If you're referring to NDSU, you should check your facts. While I suspect you're already aware and your comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, it's not really a matter of "just moving up." So many pieces have to be in place for such a move to happen.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Besides COA, what else is their for him? It looks like MSU spends more on football compared to NDSU so there probably isn't much else. Do his assistants make more? MSU probably has more $$$ for recruiting budget.
I wonder why in his press conference Entz doesn't complain about the fact that Montana St has outspent NDSU on football by over $12M cumulatively over the last 6 years???

Choate's "play" here just strikes me like a 4 year old that kicks and screams through the department store until his parents get him the same new toy that Jimmy-from-down-the-street's parents got him. In both scenarios the beneficiary can act proud if his tactics accomplished his goal but it's sure not a good look in a public setting IMO.

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 02:25 PM
I'm resting my voice

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2019, 02:25 PM

My tongue gets tied when I try to speak
I cant seem to stand on my own 2 feet

Go Green
December 18th, 2019, 02:28 PM

For whatever it's worth, women's college basketball coaches/supporters made very similar arguments in the days when only a handful of teams had a stranglehold on National Championship contention.

No opinions on whether that supports or detracts from the title of this thread...

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 02:31 PM

Are you like, totally the best trash talker ever? Gonna pull out some **** that a guy that's been around football for 3 decades has never heard before? That settles it, if we lose it's all due to Bison Fan in NW MN's **** talking.... Damn some of y'all are full of yourself. And that comes from me and I'm extremely egotistical.

cx500d
They got oil and tourism in MT

cats2506
I wonder why in his press conference Entz doesn't complain about the fact that Montana St has outspent NDSU on football by over $12M cumulatively over the last 6 years???

Choate's "play" here just strikes me like a 4 year old that kicks and screams through the department store until his parents get him the same new toy that Jimmy-from-down-the-street's parents got him. In both scenarios the beneficiary can act proud if his tactics accomplished his goal but it's sure not a good look in a public setting IMO.
I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers from, I suspect that it includes the $18M football facility that will break ground this spring

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 02:32 PM

- - - Updated - - -

They have hockey (men's)

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2019, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers from, I suspect that it includes the $18M football facility that will break ground this spring
I got them from here: http://cafidatabase.knightcommission.org/fcs

Montana St
2012: $9,719,824
2013: $5,044,934
2014: $5,667,533
2015: $6,081,458
2016: $6,674,204
2017: $6,442,936
6 year total: $39,630,889
6 year average: $6,605,148

NDSU
2012: $3,663,103
2013: $4,044,796
2014: $4,440,817
2015: $4,647,756
2016: $4,671,618
2017: $5,281,392
6 year total: $26,749,482
6 year average: $4,458,247

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 02:34 PM
Correct....Rumor has it 3 of the top 4 seeds should have went to the MEAC

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 02:39 PM
They got oil and tourism in MT

Not even remotely close to the oil being drilled in ND due to the extraction costs. ND produces over 20x more crude than MT. We do beat the **** out of ND in tourism though. That's obvious.

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 02:42 PM
I personally witnessed how the best defense and star linebacker in FCS last year wilted because they were so rattled by the trash talk coming from the 1st few rows of section 20

POD Knows
December 18th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Are you like, totally the best trash talker ever? Gonna pull out some **** that a guy that's been around football for 3 decades has never heard before? That settles it, if we lose it's all due to Bison Fan in NW MN's **** talking.... Damn some of y'all are full of yourself. And that comes from me and I'm extremely egotistical.The reason you will lose will be because if the game gets close, I will move to the SE corner of the building and stand there. No team can deal with the yuge change in the karma that is created by that event. It is science.

jadmt
December 18th, 2019, 02:48 PM
Are you like, totally the best trash talker ever? Gonna pull out some **** that a guy that's been around football for 3 decades has never heard before? That settles it, if we lose it's all due to Bison Fan in NW MN's **** talking.... Damn some of y'all are full of yourself. And that comes from me and I'm extremely egotistical.

maybe he spits when he talks and flicks buggers..

dewey
December 18th, 2019, 02:49 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. I listened to his press conference and I didn't take it as whining. I took it as we need these things to be an upper tier team.

Dewey

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 02:49 PM

Montana St

NDSU
6 year average: $4,458,247

I can't argue with what you have posted. It doesn't include the new facility. The only thing I can say is that government agencies and university have strange ways of budgeting and this comparison may or may not be apples to apples

It would be more accurate without 2012 since that includes some expenses from the previous stadium upgrade, not a normal annual expense. Still looks like MSU spends more on an annual basis than NDSU does.
Seems odd that NDSU would have less in Athletic Student aid, I thought you have more sports than MSU.

It also doesn't account for COA since you couldn't (legally) do that in 2017

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Agreed. I listened to his press conference and I didn't take it as whining. I took it as we need these things to be an upper tier team.

Dewey

Please, Us Cat fans here cannot handle a rational Bison fan xbowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 02:56 PM

12 million over 6 years? Geez, on what?

Is that to pay off some debt they have? If not, then their coaches must be paid really well. Must have a big recruiting budget.

Or maybe Choate should come and see how a championship FCS program is run. Apparently MSU is not run running efficiently or they are paying money on some debt.

If he wants COA, then set up a meeting with your AD and president to ask for it in person.

Maybe he'll get it now.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 02:56 PM

Dewey

xthumbsupx I agree, Dewey. I heard that as very conciliatory toward the Bison program (as it should be). If the fanbase takes that as some kind of slight directed at the program..... IDK what they were hearing.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 02:57 PM

Dewey

Well, by the number of $$$ spent, they are an upper tier team.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2019, 02:57 PM
They got oil and tourism in MTBig lumber and Big Hollywood as well

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 02:58 PM
Not even remotely close to the oil being drilled in ND due to the extraction costs. ND produces over 20x more crude than MT. We do beat the **** out of ND in tourism though. That's obvious.
you can see everything in North Dakota in 5 minutes, and be home for supper

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 02:59 PM
I personally witnessed how the best defense and star linebacker in FCS last year wilted because they were so rattled by the trash talk coming from the 1st few rows of section 20
xcoffeex

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 03:00 PM
you can see everything in North Dakota in 5 minutes, and have supper at a chain restaurant
FYP

JayJ79
December 18th, 2019, 03:01 PM
I've always thought that players/coaches should be able to retaliate against those trash talkers in the crowd without facing penalty.
I mean yeah, the best move is just to ignore them completely, but when someone is sitting in the stands and being an annoying arse, they should be able to empty a water bottle on them or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS_92eKcGMI

Silenoz
December 18th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Pretty sure Choate has had the worst things imaginable said to him from about 8 feet away in WaGriz. I think he can handle some middle-aged Bizon fan lawl.

dewey
December 18th, 2019, 03:03 PM
xthumbsupx I agree, Dewey. I heard that as very conciliatory toward the Bison program (as it should be). If the fanbase takes that as some kind of slight directed at the program..... IDK what they were hearing.

The point he brought up about COA is true as there are "have's" and "have not's" but the current rules are that allowing COA is legal.

It is probably a shot at the administration that MSU needs to offer it.

Dewey

dewey
December 18th, 2019, 03:05 PM
Well, by the number of $$$ spent, they are an upper tier team.

I think MSU, at least from my perspective of what Choate said, is we need full COA to matchup better with JMU and NDSU.

Dewey

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 03:06 PM
I've always thought that players/coaches should be able to retaliate against those trash talkers in the crowd without facing penalty.
I mean yeah, the best move is just to ignore them completely, but when someone is sitting in the stands and being an annoying arse, they should be able to empty a water bottle on them or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

Silenoz
December 18th, 2019, 03:07 PM
I think MSU, at least from my perspective of what Choate said, is we need full COA to matchup better with JMU and NDSU.

Dewey
That's also been obvious since day one. Would Clemson not have an advantage over Ohio State if they suddenly offered 100 scholarships?

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2019, 03:10 PM
If you are gonna talk trash you are gonna need his headphone frequency

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 03:11 PM
If you are gonna talk trash you are gonna need his headphone frequency

Already have it

dewey
December 18th, 2019, 03:12 PM
That's also been obvious since day one. Would Clemson not have an advantage over Ohio State if they suddenly offered 100 scholarships?

If they both play under the same rules and one team chose not to offer and the other team did that is their problem.

MSU doesn't offer COA and a few others do. I don't take it as whining just a shot to the administration that MSU needs to offer this.

Dewey

Silenoz
December 18th, 2019, 03:14 PM
If they both play under the same rules and one team chose not to offer and the other team did that is their problem.

MSU doesn't offer COA and a few others do. I don't take it as whining just a shot to the administration that MSU needs to offer this.

Dewey
That's pretty much what I'm saying. It is a competitive advantage, and coaches like Choate should have a chip on their shoulder that they're playing with weights on their ankles. Especially him since MSU probably has the money, but UM is dragging them down. So thank us for holding them back ;)

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2019, 03:15 PM
If he wants COA, then set up a meeting with your AD and president to ask for it in person.

Maybe he'll get it now.
Yeah, this is the biggest problem I have with it. Why air your grievances at a press conference where the decision maker's aren't even present at if your goal is to pitch this to them? I go back to my tantrumming child in a department store metaphor... the only reason I can think of is you want to put the pressure on the decision makers to give you what you want to shut you up and quit making them look bad/cheap in front of others.

I don't think that's necessarily the best way to go about these things as an adult and as a professional. Then again he's a D1 football coach and I'm not so maybe he knows what he's doing more than I give him credit for.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 03:16 PM

Dewey

MSU already spends over a million dollars more than NDSU on football. Looks like they have the money to do it.

Silenoz
December 18th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Yeah, Choate is just a douche in general, this has nothing to do with NDSU. Same dude who fired Gregorak because Ty wanted to see his children once a day on occasion.

And before MSU fans object to that, I think Hauck is a douche too. So don't come at me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Yeah, this is the biggest problem I have with it. Why air your grievances at a press conference where the decision maker's aren't even present at if your goal is to pitch this to them? I go back to my tantrumming child in a department store metaphor... the only reason I can think of is you want to put the pressure on the decision makers to give you what you want to shut you up and quit making them look bad/cheap in front of others.

I don't think that's necessarily the best way to go about these things as an adult and as a professional. Then again he's a D1 football coach and I'm not so maybe he knows what he's doing more than I give him credit for.

He mentioned facilities last year and one kitty poster mentioned facility upgrades now. Something resonated. Maybe this is another try at an upgrade for Choate. But looking at the numbers, they have the $$$. NDSU has COA and spend 1 million less.

Geez, Entz should be the one to complain....NDSU needs a bigger FB budget to compeat.....lol

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2019, 03:20 PM
MSU already spends over a million dollars more than NDSU on football. Looks like they have the money to do it.
And it's not like it's some huge sum of money relative to what they're already spending. COA of $3400 for 63 scholarships is barely over $200k. That's 3% of their total football operating costs in 2017.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 03:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS_92eKcGMI

Not the "Water Bottle Incident" I was thinking of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G-FTg419NM

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2019, 03:24 PM
And it's not like it's some huge sum of money relative to what they're already spending. COA of $3400 for 63 scholarships is barely over $200k. That's 3% of their total football operating costs in 2017.

I mean, NDSU has FCOA for ALL student athletes, not just the football team, or hockey team or basketball team.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 03:28 PM

Ultimately it is directed at the AD and the Prez, both of whom Coach has good relationships with. But using the presser in this way is a way to get boosters pushing the idea too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 03:29 PM
I mean, NDSU has FCOA for ALL student athletes, not just the football team, or hockey team or basketball team.

Yep. All teams get it.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Isn't that a requirement of the NCAA, all sports teams need to be treated the same as far as scholarships and COA go

Catbooster
December 18th, 2019, 03:34 PM

I guess I'm going to have to listen to his press conference again. I listened to it Monday night, before I was informed he was throwing a tantrum and whining and I didn't get that sense from it. Maybe I'm just used to how he talks in pressers.

As mentioned before, he brought up the new building every once in a while in his press conferences over the last year in the context of how that would help the football program to reduce other schools' advantage/improve our advantage and help the football program and athletics at MSU in general to improve. I never heard that as a shot at the decision makers. They didn't fund the building. They weren't preventing it from happening. It seemed to me that he was reminding the fans (donors and potential donors) that this was a way of helping the program.

Mfergy4
December 18th, 2019, 03:37 PM
I dont think dominance is that bad for any level of College football. That being said, what is bad, is when schools, fan bases, and so on start giving up and not putting the full effort to compete with the dominant programs.

Praise the Lord...someone understands!!! Yes, you are only as good as the competition you play...the tough the competition the better your team will become and the drive to excel will grow!!! xnodx

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Isn't that a requirement of the NCAA, all sports teams need to be treated the same as far as scholarships and COA go

I don't think ALL teams would have to get COA, but an equal amount of COA would have to go to women's sports as men's to be Title IX compliant, if I'm not mistaken. So if they give out 63 to the FB team, they could give out 63 to the various women's teams and tell men's and women's golf to pound sand. Someone here probably knows more of the intricacies of staying compliant than me.

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Why aren't all sports winning natties then, Mr. Smart Guy

Grizzlies82
December 18th, 2019, 03:53 PM

His pre-game speels always emphasis all the hurdles and handicaps the cats will face that week. If they lose ("see I told you it was nearly impossible"), if they win ("see we're world beaters). This is just another version of his same 'coach speak'.

This week it is NDSU is unbelievable opponent (NFL allusion)... It's unfair to play Semis in Fargo (though it's fair for 2nd round and 1/4 finals in Bozeman)… Bison pay their players and we don't (although MSU still spends far more per year)… Choate is a whiny one who is always ready with an excuse. He is just getting his pregame "Excuse Package" ready to deploy if needed. Bobcat fans claim he is such a straight talker. While actually he is always talking out of the side of his mouth.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 03:58 PM
Praise the Lord...someone understands!!! Yes, you are only as good as the competition you play...the tough the competition the better your team will become and the drive to excel will grow!!! xnodx

That's what some of us have been trying to say. Those that know Choate's methods a tad better saw it not as a slight against NDSU and that they need to regress back to the folds of FCS, but as a bit of needling our admin and boosters towards upping our OWN program to rise to the upper echelon of FCS. We can't quantify how much the coach talking about improving facilities amount to donations, but we do know that $18M in donations was raised in approximately 2 years.

I dunno if some Bison fans have self-esteem issues or if they feel the need to always have a chip on their shoulder or what, but I'll let you in on a secret: We all respect your program and admire what they have done this decade. I mean, our own athletic website's article about the game is entitled "Game 15: Bobcats prep for FCS Semifinal against North Dakota State DYNASTY". I swear, we could say NDSU could give the '72 Dolphins a run for their money and some Bison fan would get offended and start a thread about how they would have crushed them. And call their coach a pussy... xlolx

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2019, 04:00 PM
That's what some of us have been trying to say. Those that know Choate's methods a tad better saw it not as a slight against NDSU and that they need to regress back to the folds of FCS, but as a bit of needling our admin and boosters towards upping our OWN program to rise to the upper echelon of FCS. We can't quantify how much the coach talking about improving facilities amount to donations, but we do know that $18M in donations was raised in approximately 2 years.

I dunno if some Bison fans have self-esteem issues or if they feel the need to always have a chip on their shoulder or what, but I'll let you in on a secret: We all respect your program and admire what they have done this decade. I mean, our own athletic website's article about the game is entitled "Game 15: Bobcats prep for FCS Semifinal against North Dakota State DYNASTY". I swear, we could say NDSU could give the '72 Dolphins a run for their money and some Bison fan would get offended and start a thread about how they would have crushed them. And call their coach a pussy... xlolx

xlolxxthumbsupx

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 04:07 PM

'72 dolphins were overrated.

Redbird 4th & short
December 18th, 2019, 04:12 PM

This .... and doing so before a game you're probably losing. Excuse making before even playing the game ... just not a good look at all.

Though looks worse afterwards .. so he picked the lesser of 2 evils.

catbob
December 18th, 2019, 04:36 PM
His pre-game speels always emphasis all the hurdles and handicaps the cats will face that week. If they lose ("see I told you it was nearly impossible"), if they win ("see we're world beaters). This is just another version of his same 'coach speak'.

This week it is NDSU is unbelievable opponent (NFL allusion)... It's unfair to play Semis in Fargo (though it's fair for 2nd round and 1/4 finals in Bozeman)… Bison pay their players and we don't (although MSU still spends far more per year)… Choate is a whiny one who is always ready with an excuse. He is just getting his pregame "Excuse Package" ready to deploy if needed. Bobcat fans claim he is such a straight talker. While actually he is always talking out of the side of his mouth.

Well you're right, he was absolutely inflating how good the Griz were in the presser leading up to that game, almost had me believing the Griz were a good football team!

uni88
December 18th, 2019, 04:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQRSyhLKue8

catbob
December 18th, 2019, 04:44 PM
If anyone actually cares enough to watch, here is the full presser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeKXcpmiOlQ&t

JayJ79
December 18th, 2019, 04:44 PM
the FCS powers should have just set a rule stating that no FCS program could have COA for football.

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2019, 05:26 PM
the FCS powers should have just set a rule stating that no FCS program could have COA for football.

There's always DII

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2019, 05:36 PM

Yes

JayJ79
December 18th, 2019, 06:08 PM
There's always DII

until someone in D2 decides to offer COA in order to get an edge

CHIP72
December 18th, 2019, 06:20 PM
To answer the question in the thread title - yes, if he was Lion or Tiger (or Jaguar or Cougar if we aim for accurate geography) rather than a Bobcat.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2019, 06:38 PM

Bet he already let the powers thatbe know what he was going to say. His speel was to shake the tree and stir the pot. Strike while the iron is hot.

Herder
December 18th, 2019, 06:40 PM
I think this was the coaches main point

The coach specifically brought up cost of attendance, an NCAA rule that allows schools to pay student-athletes for their college expenses beyond what's covered by scholarships. COA covers things like transportation, supplies and daily expenses. NDSU offers full cost of attendance to its football players, which is a recruiting advantage when going against schools that don't have the same benefit to offer.

The Bobcats play in the 13-team Big Sky Conference. Choate said he didn't know of any Big Sky football program that offers full cost of attendance.
"If you have one group that's offering $3,334 a year cash to these kids and another group isn't, the scholarship isn't apples to apples," Choate said. "So are we really playing on the same level?"

No, NDSU offers FCOA to all male & female scholarship athletes on campus. It’s not a football thing.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2019, 06:48 PM
No, NDSU offers FCOA to all male & female scholarship athletes on campus. It’s not a football thing.

Doesnt make any difference. Hes rattling the donation can.

No_Skill
December 18th, 2019, 06:56 PM
Pretty sure Choate has had the worst things imaginable said to him from about 8 feet away in WaGriz. I think he can handle some middle-aged Bizon fan lawl.

It's important to note that we recently started giving FCOA to all fans which gives us an unfair advantage in heckling. We are able to attract higher level fans. Many had FBS offers.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 08:31 PM
It's important to note that we recently started giving FCOA to all fans which gives us an unfair advantage in heckling. We are able to attract higher level fans. Many had FBS offers.
hasn't worked

No_Skill
December 18th, 2019, 08:47 PM
hasn't worked

Hasn't it?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 18th, 2019, 09:03 PM
Say what you want about JMU, its head coaches and the fan base, but I don't think this is something the coach, players or fans have ever complained about to the point of changing the format or playoff process. Wow, just wow! Have we questioned the quality of the rest of the MVFC? Absolutely (just as many question the strength or lack thereof in the CAA). Do we totally respect and admire what NDSU has built? 100% yes.

Montana State - take out your frustrations within the game and win on the field of play. Otherwise....

Coach - get over it!

Note: Let's not confuse these comments from the coach with the rest of fanbase or players.

Bronco
December 18th, 2019, 09:13 PM
I have a very smart tree in my yard that will answer my questions. I asked if the State coach was a big pussy and if it had any overall thoughts about the coach.

Click on picture for the answer

uni88
December 18th, 2019, 09:15 PM
hasn't workedBut it has. They're an extremely gifted fanbase but unfortunately they're the wide receivers of football fandom. For every Larry Fitzgerald there's an Antonio Brown and OBJ.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Grizzlies82
December 18th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Doesnt make any difference. Hes rattling the donation can.

He is just preparing excuses. It’s not a fair deal. It’s not apples to apples 🍎. Your apples are better.

So don’t blame him if he loses. His apples aren’t as good. Not to mention this isn’t a neutral site. WOW how do you overcome this!

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 10:31 PM
He is just preparing excuses. It’s not a fair deal. It’s not apples to apples . Your apples are better.

So don’t blame him if he loses. His apples aren’t as good. Not to mention this isn’t a neutral site. WOW how do you overcome this!
Two ways:
1. Triple Option unlike any other you have seen before
2. @#SouthernSpeedTM

Mfergy4
December 19th, 2019, 07:33 AM

I have high respect for the Bobcats and coaching staff you do not get this far into the season by being a whiner.....McFeely loves to stir the Pot and then see what explosion happens. Some of our fans do really zealous too; but most of us are the respectful, come over, have beer and burger, and lets see who wins together.xdrunkyx

Lion1983
December 19th, 2019, 10:48 AM
I have a very smart tree in my yard that will answer my questions. I asked if the State coach was a big pussy and if it had any overall thoughts about the coach.

😂🤣😂🤣😂

MSUBobcat
December 19th, 2019, 10:58 AM
I have high respect for the Bobcats and coaching staff you do not get this far into the season by being a whiner.....McFeely loves to stir the Pot and then see what explosion happens. Some of our fans do really zealous too; but most of us are the respectful, come over, have beer and burger, and lets see who wins together.xdrunkyx

I would love to, man. A buddy who's an NDSU fan in the GF area called me before the NDSU-ISU game even started last weekend asking if I was coming over. But even short trips to Bozeman (2 in December), a 6 hour round trip for X-mas next week, followed by flying to Minny on the 27th for the Vikings-Bears..... it's just too much travel. Gotta save some $$ in case the improbable happens and we pull the upset Saturday. No ****ing way I wouldn't be going to Frisco if the Cats make the chipper.

cx500d
December 19th, 2019, 11:03 AM
[/B]
I would love to, man. A buddy who's an NDSU fan in the GF area called me before the NDSU-ISU game even started last weekend asking if I was coming over. But even short trips to Bozeman (2 in December), a 6 hour round trip for X-mas next week, followed by flying to Minny on the 27th for the Vikings-Bears..... it's just too much travel. Gotta save some $$ in case the improbable happens and we pull the upset Saturday. No ****ing way I wouldn't be going to Frisco if the Cats make the chipper.

You can stop saving for Frisco, so you might as well come to Fargo. You can just do Christmas and Vikings starting from there....

BadlandsGrizFan
December 19th, 2019, 12:11 PM
This .... and doing so before a game you're probably losing. Excuse making before even playing the game ... just not a good look at all.

Though looks worse afterwards .. so he picked the lesser of 2 evils.

Welcome to the world of Jeff Choate....and people wonder why we give this guy so much ****

cx500d
December 19th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the world of Jeff Choate....and people wonder why we give this guy so much ****

I thought it was because Jeff Chode beats you all the time.

Roamingriz
December 19th, 2019, 01:06 PM

Like that one! 👍

catbob
December 19th, 2019, 01:07 PM

Well with Griz fans I don't wonder. Dude has owned you.

Redbird 4th & short
December 19th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Mike Ditka use to purposely create distractions before big games back when the Bears were actually good. He once cam out of the coaches offfice on roller skates in front of press and skated around Halas Hall before Bears traveled to Minnesota to play a big game ... he said playing there was like playing in some roller rink ... stupid, yes, but kind of funny. But if you know Ditka, he was never whining about anything .. he was simply entertaining and distracting. Not even sure it was always strategic, he just liked to do it .. and the players got a kick out of it, so it worked in that sense ... for a while anyway.

This is different and just not a good look. If I'm a player, I'm thinking .. please shut up about this coach .. we have to play them.

TennBison
December 19th, 2019, 04:43 PM
Mike Ditka use to purposely create distractions before big games back when the Bears were actually good. He once cam out of the coaches offfice on roller skates in front of press and skated around Halas Hall before Bears traveled to Minnesota to play a big game ... he said playing there was like playing in some roller rink ... stupid, yes, but kind of funny. But if you know Ditka, he was never whining about anything .. he was simply entertaining and distracting. Not even sure it was always strategic, he just liked to do it .. and the players got a kick out of it, so it worked in that sense ... for a while anyway.

This is different and just not a good look. If I'm a player, I'm thinking .. please shut up about this coach .. we have to play them.
I know for a fact that at least one Bison 3rd string player found his quotes to be less than impressive. This made the players heartbeat go up one beat for a minute which has totally enraged the entire football team to the point they began ripping the bricks out of the buildings all over campus. The lack of concern for that one players health has caused the NCAA to strongly consider allowing MSU to forfeit the game from fear that the Bison will rip off the heads of every MSU player and the head coach. Now this story is not yet been confirmed by either school just yet. But the source, a neighbors ex boyfriends cousins third best friends dog walkers mothers last friend with benefits says it is all in the making.

Redbird 4th & short
December 19th, 2019, 04:57 PM
I know for a fact that at least one Bison 3rd string player found his quotes to be less than impressive. This made the players heartbeat go up one beat for a minute which has totally enraged the entire football team to the point they began ripping the bricks out of the buildings all over campus. The lack of concern for that one players health has caused the NCAA to strongly consider allowing MSU to forfeit the game from fear that the Bison will rip off the heads of every MSU player and the head coach. Now this story is not yet been confirmed by either school just yet. But the source, a neighbors ex boyfriends cousins third best friends dog walkers mothers last friend with benefits says it is all in the making.

sounds really well sourced .. it must be true.

xlolx

cats2506
December 19th, 2019, 05:19 PM

thats great xbowx

TennBison
December 19th, 2019, 05:31 PM
sounds really well sourced .. it must be true.

xlolx
It was on the internet, so it has to be true.

cx500d
December 19th, 2019, 05:37 PM

Unmask the whistleblower

catbob
December 19th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Even over on egriz they think this is a big nothing burger.

X-Factor
December 19th, 2019, 06:25 PM
Even over on egriz they think this is a big nothing burger.

One fan base is going to overplay it, one fan base is gonna underplay it. The title of this thread is pretty dramatic to say the least. Bobcat fans that think this is nothing are being just as ridiculous.

catbob
December 19th, 2019, 06:36 PM
One fan base is going to overplay it, one fan base is gonna underplay it. The title of this thread is pretty dramatic to say the least. Bobcat fans that think this is nothing are being just as ridiculous.

Disagree. Bobcat fans have watched Choate pressers for 4 years, we know how he talks, when he's joking, his mannerisms, how he operates. I mean I do a weekly Bobcat podcast with another Cat fan, in which we talk about the press conference every episode, and we didn't even mention those comments because it didn't occur to us it was even worth talking about. That's just Jeff Choate, you're going to get a random spiel about something, and he's going to use the pressers as a medium to talk about how important facilities or resources are. He's been doing it for 4 years.

It's not nothing, but it's nothing as a slight to NDSU and it's nothing in regards to making excuses. It was just a quintessential Jeff Choate press conference. Maybe we're numb to it but I know for a fact if you watched the full presser versus just reading that article by McFeely you are going to have two extremely different viewpoints about it.

Catbooster
December 20th, 2019, 02:58 AM
If anyone actually cares enough to watch, here is the full presser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeKXcpmiOlQ&t

Disagree. Bobcat fans have watched Choate pressers for 4 years, we know how he talks, when he's joking, his mannerisms, how he operates. I mean I do a weekly Bobcat podcast with another Cat fan, in which we talk about the press conference every episode, and we didn't even mention those comments because it didn't occur to us it was even worth talking about. That's just Jeff Choate, you're going to get a random spiel about something, and he's going to use the pressers as a medium to talk about how important facilities or resources are. He's been doing it for 4 years.

It's not nothing, but it's nothing as a slight to NDSU and it's nothing in regards to making excuses. It was just a quintessential Jeff Choate press conference. Maybe we're numb to it but I know for a fact if you watched the full presser versus just reading that article by McFeely you are going to have two extremely different viewpoints about it.

Gotta agree with Catbob - he's indirectly complimenting NDSU about their atmosphere when he throws out a 10-15 second joke about advocating for a neutral site (4:45 in the link above). It's hard for me to believe that anyone is taking that seriously, as excuse-making or whatever.

At 10:10 he briefly mentions the Bison run not being good for FCS and FCOA then gets on FCOA again slightly after that. It's common for people - here and elsewhere - to debate whether the Bison domination is good for the FCS. Should he tell the reporter asking that he won't answer it? Should he not give his opinion when directly asked?

In reference to FCOA he says it's a competetive advantage for NDSU. Is there anyone who doesn't think it's an advantage? He says that's the rules we play under. It's not like he's accusing NDSU of cheating. Having watched his pressers for a few years, I'm sure that's directed at the donors/fans as another area where additional funds would help.

Our previous coach never said anything - I'll have to watch the tape - I can't answer that until I review the game film, etc. I quit watching the coach's show or pressers because it was a waste of time. I'm glad Choate talks, even if some overly sensitive fans of opposing teams might get overwrought. Sometimes one of his jokes may fall flat or he might word things so someone not familiar with him interprets it wrong, but at least he's engaged and enthusiastic.

molikotigo
December 20th, 2019, 06:08 AM
it would still feel like a Bison home gam xender (https://xender.vip/) discord (https://discord.software/) omegle (https://omegle.onl/) e because the crowd would be Bison fans, just like Frisco. I got a tip for this idiot, win more games, maybe you shouldn't choke games away like the UND game. Get the #2 seed for once in your lif

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2019, 06:34 AM
Gotta agree with Catbob - he's indirectly complimenting NDSU about their atmosphere when he throws out a 10-15 second joke about advocating for a neutral site (4:45 in the link above). It's hard for me to believe that anyone is taking that seriously, as excuse-making or whatever.

At 10:10 he briefly mentions the Bison run not being good for FCS and FCOA then gets on FCOA again slightly after that. It's common for people - here and elsewhere - to debate whether the Bison domination is good for the FCS. Should he tell the reporter asking that he won't answer it? Should he not give his opinion when directly asked?

In reference to FCOA he says it's a competetive advantage for NDSU. Is there anyone who doesn't think it's an advantage? He says that's the rules we play under. It's not like he's accusing NDSU of cheating. Having watched his pressers for a few years, I'm sure that's directed at the donors/fans as another area where additional funds would help.

Our previous coach never said anything - I'll have to watch the tape - I can't answer that until I review the game film, etc. I quit watching the coach's show or pressers because it was a waste of time. I'm glad Choate talks, even if some overly sensitive fans of opposing teams might get overwrought. Sometimes one of his jokes may fall flat or he might word things so someone not familiar with him interprets it wrong, but at least he's engaged and enthusiastic.

Additional funds?

It looks like Montana State already has these "additional funds" considering they spend 1 million more than the Bison. Where is this extra going?

So it looks like NDSU is more efficient and spends the money they do get better than MSU does. NDSU does "more with less"....

This is what I get out of all of this. He can say what he wants to but I think it is laughable when MSU already has a bigger football budget than NDSU and somehow they need more now to compete....xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2019, 07:32 AM
The problem with being a "straight talker" is your straight talk can come off differently than you intended it. There's a reason why these coaches spend all their time kissing ass when talking about the other team (which Choate did also for the most part). When you break the mold from typical coach speak you run the risk of derailing the goal that coach speak is intended to accomplish especially with those of us who aren't used to his press conference demeanor.

X-Factor
December 20th, 2019, 07:44 AM

Jokes like saying at one point Trey had more Touchdown passes than completions.
Ha.

Yes, McFeely took this way out of context to stir the pot like he usually does for clickbait. Worked! There is a reason Bison fans don’t like him, and here he was just doing his usual trolling.

Choate still a bit whiney on the parity comments. It’s never gonna happen. There are haves and have nots, always will be. Don’t like it, then move to Vermont and vote Bernie

Redbird 4th & short
December 20th, 2019, 08:38 AM

except the nuetral sit comment was made during his prepared remarks, so completely unsolicited and not some inadvertent slip of tongue.

as for the NDSU domination being bad for FCS comments, he went further on this idea when he suggested the CFB 4 team playoff should also be somehow separated from the FBS playoff since similar teams are making it each year .. no less, in a year Alabama did not make it. To me, that was even stupider than his NDSU comments. Separate FBS 4 teams from playoff system ... because they're really good ... really ??? And which 4 each year ? Is Alabama allowed back in next year because they didnt make it this year ? That comment was just plain stupid and sounded even softer than his NDSU comments.

100%GRIZ
December 20th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Georgia Southern and Marshall both won 2 Championships each on their home field.
Also Marshall lost one on there home field in 1995!

JayJ79
December 20th, 2019, 10:02 AM
If FCS football had a big enough following to sell out neutral site games in the semifinals, the NCAA would probably consider doing that.
But that isn't really the case, so they stick with giving the higher seed the home game because there is a better chance at higher attendance.

And as far as comparing budget numbers between programs, I've always thought the numbers should be broken out into what the programs are spending money on, not just an overall number. Compare what each program spends on tuition/scholarships, on coaching salaries, on travel/lodging, etc.

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2019, 10:20 AM
His comments were just dumb that's all there is to it. If the Montana State fans want to defend the comments so be it. But any fan of any team who had a coach make those comments would you be proud of them? Just not a good look for any program period.

catbob
December 20th, 2019, 10:24 AM
except the nuetral sit comment was made during his prepared remarks, so completely unsolicited and not some inadvertent slip of tongue.

as for the NDSU domination being bad for FCS comments, he went further on this idea when he suggested the CFB 4 team playoff should also be somehow separated from the FBS playoff since similar teams are making it each year .. no less, in a year Alabama did not make it. To me, that was even stupider than his NDSU comments. Separate FBS 4 teams from playoff system ... because they're really good ... really ??? And which 4 each year ? Is Alabama allowed back in next year because they didnt make it this year ? That comment was just plain stupid and sounded even softer than his NDSU comments.

Choate is an FBS guy, and so he thinks FCS should have a similar model with neutral site semifinal games. I just don't see how that is insulting to NDSU, or making an excuse. MSU has a top 5 FCS home field advantage so under that system we would lose our advantage too if we were ever the host. I personally don't agree with him at all but it was not a shot at NDSU, it was not an excuse. But that's how it is being taken and it's laughable to anyone who knows Jeff Choate.

I'm finding this funnier and funnier as the week progresses how people are reacting to this.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Choate is an FBS guy, and so he thinks FCS should have a similar model with neutral site semifinal games. I just don't see how that is insulting to NDSU, or making an excuse. MSU has a top 5 FCS home field advantage so under that system we would lose our advantage too if we were ever the host. I personally don't agree with him at all but it was not a shot at NDSU, it was not an excuse. But that's how it is being taken and it's laughable to anyone who knows Jeff Choate.

I'm finding this funnier and funnier as the week progresses how people are reacting to this.
People are going to react the way they react... good luck with changing that using the "NOTHING TO SEE HERE!" approach... it probably just invites more eyeballs to it. If people can manufacture outrage they will. Like I said earlier that's why coaches spend their press conferences spouting coach speak and kissing the opponent's ass. Choate did plenty of that but he also got on his soapbox a few times which you guys may be used to but it's going to stir up people who don't listen to his press conferences every week since it's really outside the norm for coaches to touch stuff like that the week before a road semifinal game especially unsolicited.

jadmt
December 20th, 2019, 10:32 AM

rumor has it Choate is lobbying to play the next cat/griz game in Butte...I don't care for Choate's personality but I took it as a joke.

uni88
December 20th, 2019, 10:54 AM
168 posts ... will the whining about what Choate said approach "How is 8-3 Wofford randed ahead of 8-3 SC State, when SCSU already defeated Wofford?" levels?

Bohcat
December 20th, 2019, 11:13 AM
Geezus between the buy out and Choate's comments you'd think that Montana State was the one hurdle NDSU could never get over. For not having beat NDSU since 2005 and NDSU winning however many Championships in that time I think Montana State is the winner of getting under NDSU's fan's skin.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

cx500d
December 20th, 2019, 11:18 AM

a neutral site? Most teams struggle to sell out a home field, a neutral site would have very sparse attendance. Fbs bowl games have sparse attendance unless it’s one of the majors

catbob
December 20th, 2019, 11:19 AM
a neutral site? Most teams struggle to sell out a home field, a neutral site would have very sparse attendance. Fbs bowl games have sparse attendance unless it’s one of the majors

Agreed, and that's what I said I disagree with him here. But that's not the point, it's that his comments are being taken for something they are not, which is a slight towards NDSU or as some sort of preemptive excuse.

Redbird 4th & short
December 20th, 2019, 11:42 AM

right, but saying it right before the semi-final game .. combine with his comments on NDSU dominance, and then IMO his worst comments regard CFB playoff .. just all comes off very soft and like pregame excuse making the week his team has to play the game.

As for nuetral site comment cx500 pointed out the obvious .. most teams would struggle to get good turnout for a nuetral site semifinal game. So the idea doesn't even make economic sense.

As for argument, "that's just Choate", we need to to just accept it .. well that may apply to your own fan base, but it most certainly doesn't apply to other teams fans.

cx500d
December 20th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Why doesn’t Montana state have Chodes post game presser from last year on their website?

CopperCat
December 20th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Why doesn’t Montana state have Chodes post game presser from last year on their website?

Why can't you spell his name correctly?

There are a few NDSU fans in this thread that are quickly approaching griz levels of jackassery, which is weird to me because frankly i think NoDaker's are some of friendliest most down to earth people I've ever interacted with.

For the record, I didn't like what Choate had to say in this presser either. Yes, this is "normal" for him but its just not necessary. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as the bison faithful though.

Lorne_Malvo
December 20th, 2019, 01:01 PM

There are a few NDSU fans in this thread that are quickly approaching griz levels of jackassery, which is weird to me because frankly i think NoDaker's are some of friendliest most down to earth people I've ever interacted with.

For the record, I didn't like what Choate had to say in this presser either. Yes, this is "normal" for him but its just not necessary. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as the bison faithful though.

It doesnt bother NDSU fans at all. We just like a little smack.

Bison56
December 20th, 2019, 01:12 PM

People just like to stir the pot.

Rjones61
December 20th, 2019, 01:14 PM
This thread is unfair. I would like to hear only from neutral parties.

cx500d
December 20th, 2019, 01:21 PM

The Fargo dome will be fairly neutral tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
December 20th, 2019, 01:51 PM
im sort of nuetral ... the thread title is way over the top, but I think he brought all this on himself. Bison may be piling on a bit .. but it just isn't the the way to handle a pregame press conference.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 20th, 2019, 02:05 PM
right, but saying it right before the semi-final game .. combine with his comments on NDSU dominance, and then IMO his worst comments regard CFB playoff .. just all comes off very soft and like pregame excuse making the week his team has to play the game.

As for nuetral site comment cx500 pointed out the obvious .. most teams would struggle to get good turnout for a nuetral site semifinal game. So the idea doesn't even make economic sense.

As for argument, "that's just Choate", we need to to just accept it .. well that may apply to your own fan base, but it most certainly doesn't apply to other teams fans.

Maybe have one of the Neutral site semifinals be located in Glendive or Dickinson considering how the next few are probably going to be Montana teams playing NDSU lol.

Chalupa Batman
December 20th, 2019, 02:13 PM
im sort of nuetral ... the thread title is way over the top, but I think he brought all this on himself. Bison may be piling on a bit .. but it just isn't the the way to handle a pregame press conference.

I wonder if a reason he brought it up was to try and take all the pressure off his team? I don’t doubt that he was also talking to his A.D. but he wouldn’t be the first coach to say something that intentionally puts all the attention on himself instead of the team.

Grizalltheway
December 20th, 2019, 02:21 PM

Ever take a glance at your board? Or listen to the chants at your games? xrolleyesx

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2019, 03:14 PM

Good Post! xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2019, 03:16 PM
It doesnt bother NDSU fans at all. We just like a little smack.

Let em think it bothers us, gives them something to do. Like a dog chasing his tail :D

CopperCat
December 20th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Ever take a glance at your board? Or listen to the chants at your games? xrolleyesx

Nice try, Slick. As long as Hauck is the coach at um, you don't have much of a leg to stand on in throwing shade at Choate or the fanbase.

Grizalltheway
December 20th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Nice try, Slick. As long as Hauck is the coach at um, you don't have much of a leg to stand on in throwing shade at Choate or the fanbase.
I didn't throw shade, you did. And you also have no leg to stand on. I feel sorry for anyone who tries to take a young kid to a game there.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Let em think it bothers us, gives them something to do. Like a dog chasing his tail :D

Plus, considering the beat down they got last year, the only place to go for the kitties is up or "a little" more up.....xlolx

Bison cover the spread tomorrow.

Redbird 4th & short
December 20th, 2019, 06:23 PM
I wonder if a reason he brought it up was to try and take all the pressure off his team? I don’t doubt that he was also talking to his A.D. but he wouldn’t be the first coach to say something that intentionally puts all the attention on himself instead of the team.

except he might have done the opposite and put more pressure on his team

Rjones61
December 20th, 2019, 06:26 PM
Maybe we should take this discussion to South Dakota's football forum to keep this neutral. They don't ever go to playoffs anyway.

That way MSU won't have an excuse when they lose this, too.

Chalupa Batman
December 20th, 2019, 06:46 PM
except he might have done the opposite and put more pressure on his team

We can't really know either way, that's true. I'm not sure what the media and fans are talking about in Bozeman but if they are talking all about Choate's comments, then that keeps the team from hearing how good NDSU is, how they have to play mistake free, Fargodome, etc. for the whole week and just lets them focus on their preparation. Of course if that is his intention it can backfire, just think that it is certainly possible that was partially what he was trying to accomplish.

MSUBobcat
December 20th, 2019, 06:57 PM
We can't really know either way, that's true. I'm not sure what the media and fans are talking about in Bozeman but if they are talking all about Choate's comments, then that keeps the team from hearing how good NDSU is, how they have to play mistake free, Fargodome, etc. for the whole week and just lets them focus on their preparation. Of course if that is his intention it can backfire, just think that it is certainly possible that was partially what he was trying to accomplish.

Do your players take much stock in the pressers of either team? Man, seems like 20 minutes of game film would be more valuable than 20 minutes of Choate or Entz.....

Chalupa Batman
December 20th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Do your players take much stock in the pressers of either team? Man, seems like 20 minutes of game film would be more valuable than 20 minutes of Choate or Entz.....

I highly doubt players from both teams know what either coach said at their pressers.

My point (if this was his actual intent) is getting media to focus more on coach Choate and his comments, and the players aren’t hearing all week about what a daunting task they have ahead of them.

NDSUtk
December 20th, 2019, 08:22 PM

Montana St

NDSU
6 year average: $4,458,2472012 they did buy out the 2013 NDSU game :)

There just wanted to get that out there so that the Cat fans can piss and moan about how we haven't gotten over it.

Honestly most surprising thing was that McFeeley didn't throw NDSU under the bus somehow during his article.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 20th, 2019, 08:26 PM
I've read this thread for the last 3-4 days and I still have no idea what people are upset about it. It's clear NDSU is the dominant program and no one outside of the Shenandoah Valley can really come close to matching them. Montana State has had a quality program for the better part of the last decade but it's no where close to NDSU's (no shame in that). IMO, the MSU coach basically stated the obvious and offered a couple of his own thoughts as to why it's been so tough for programs to raise up and challenge the Bison.

Redbird 4th & short
December 20th, 2019, 08:44 PM
I highly doubt players from both teams know what either coach said at their pressers.

My point (if this was his actual intent) is getting media to focus more on coach Choate and his comments, and the players aren’t hearing all week about what a daunting task they have ahead of them.

I would be surprised if most of opposing players don't listen to it ... theyre always on internet looking for something more interesting.

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2019, 08:48 PM
Maybe we should take this discussion to South Dakota's football forum to keep this neutral. They don't ever go to playoffs anyway.

That way MSU won't have an excuse when they lose this, too.

What??? You are posting in the FB forum???? What time you guys playing tomorrow????

Rjones61
December 20th, 2019, 10:03 PM
What??? You are posting in the FB forum???? What time you guys playing tomorrow????

We uh... we play uh....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7s3iJfM58kc/UFIXP2MldWI/AAAAAAAAC5I/5Z14zxg8uYg/s1600/nervously-drinking-water.gif

cats2506
December 20th, 2019, 11:33 PM

The presser has nothing to do with the team or their preparation. nobody outside of butthurt NDSU fans has any problem with the presser, the media that follows MSU is not talking about it, rather they are doing the usual matchup and fluff stories they always do.

cats2506
December 20th, 2019, 11:36 PM
I've read this thread for the last 3-4 days and I still have no idea what people are upset about it. It's clear NDSU is the dominant program and no one outside of the Shenandoah Valley can really come close to matching them. Montana State has had a quality program for the better part of the last decade but it's no where close to NDSU's (no shame in that). IMO, the MSU coach basically stated the obvious and offered a couple of his own thoughts as to why it's been so tough for programs to raise up and challenge the Bison.

The reason they are butthurt is that Bison get their feelers hurt if you don't worship at their alter.

cats2506
December 20th, 2019, 11:38 PM
I would be surprised if most of opposing players don't listen to it ... theyre always on internet looking for something more interesting.
I doubt it. Between school, football and pussy their time is pretty much filled.

Chalupa Batman
December 20th, 2019, 11:48 PM
The presser has nothing to do with the team or their preparation. nobody outside of butthurt NDSU fans has any problem with the presser, the media that follows MSU is not talking about it, rather they are doing the usual matchup and fluff stories they always do.

Okay, I just floated the idea out there as a possibility. Like I said he wouldn't have been the first coach to put all the heat on himself. BTW I didn't have a problem with what he said.

Christiank22
December 21st, 2019, 07:39 AM
I doubt it. Between school, football and pussy their time is pretty much filled.

I’m sure girls are just flocking to get with a player from an average FCS team in Bozeman, Montana lmao

JayJ79
December 21st, 2019, 08:50 AM
according to the OP, this would fall into the latter category

MSUBobcat
December 21st, 2019, 09:16 AM
I’m sure girls are just flocking to get with a player from an average FCS team in Bozeman, Montana lmao

Ummmm.... you can't be this delusional. Have you not met college girls???

Christiank22
December 21st, 2019, 09:19 AM
Ummmm.... you can't be this delusional. Have you not met college girls???

Its 2019 in Bozeman... they only care about what year your Subaru is and how many protests you’re apart of. This aint the Montana you remember.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2019, 09:23 AM
I think it's funny the butthurt MSU fans posting here about the "butthurt" NDSU fans. Look who's doing most of the posting xlolx

X-Factor
December 21st, 2019, 10:45 AM

See, you’re inventing your own narrative here. Exactly who is butthurt?

Redbird 4th & short
December 21st, 2019, 11:10 AM
Why would you local press make a big deal out of this ?? They're probably "friendly" like most local press people tend to be.

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 02:35 PM
Kingpin28 got under Jeff Chode’s skin. We are literally about 10 feet from him

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2019, 04:03 PM

Credit to Chode he was laughing when Kingpin28 hollered hey Jeff. He turned around and looked and Pin asked him if had enough money and then started the shelling out money move with his hands. Chode smiled it was pretty funny.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2019, 04:04 PM
It will be interesting to hear the post game presser with Chode and the players. I wonder what Chode will say about the "Dome advantage" if anything.

Winterborn
December 21st, 2019, 04:10 PM

Pretty easy to do when one is that short.....

TheKingpin28
December 21st, 2019, 04:54 PM
I appreciate the love and he took it well. That said I'm not short

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2019, 05:59 PM

Aren't you like 5'6" or something?

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 06:09 PM
Aren't you like 5'6" or something?

I’d say don’t talk down to him like that but sounds like that’s the only way to talk to him.

POD Knows
December 21st, 2019, 06:20 PM

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkYou are below average height.

TheKingpin28
December 21st, 2019, 06:26 PM
Aren't you like 5'6" or something?5ft 9in

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 06:26 PM
You are below average height.

He’s tall compared to the average height of North Koreans

IBleedYellow
December 21st, 2019, 08:37 PM
I take it all back.

Choates just straight up dumb.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191222/9fd241397fce83fbf303359b3bb2e6e1.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191222/52610baaa33f47bb687c1852babcc1a7.png

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 08:41 PM
I take it all back.

Choates just straight up dumb.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191222/9fd241397fce83fbf303359b3bb2e6e1.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191222/52610baaa33f47bb687c1852babcc1a7.png

xlolx

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 08:42 PM
Is there a link to the post game pressers yet?

Lorne_Malvo
December 21st, 2019, 08:44 PM

Did not age well

Lorne_Malvo
December 21st, 2019, 08:45 PM
Is there a link to the post game pressers yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXa2gFNT_t8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdTTZT-S1SM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXa2gFNT_t8)

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2019, 08:59 PM
Like I said there's a good reason why coach speak exists. Maybe Choate learned that lesson this week.

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 09:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXa2gFNT_t8

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXa2gFNT_t8)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdTTZT-S1SM

Thanks

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 09:03 PM
Like I said there's a good reason why coach speak exists. Maybe Choate learned that lesson this week.
We now know that it made its way to the locker room with Tuzka doing the peeling the money off the moneyclip move Towards the Montana sideline after his sack

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 09:10 PM
Did not age wellNope, I stand corrected.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
December 21st, 2019, 09:13 PM
We now know that it made its way to the locker room with Tuzka doing the peeling the money off the moneyclip move Towards the Montana sideline after his sack
what did they think athletes do during the week lead up to a game like this ... there was no way that wasn't going to go viral among the players. Only takes one to spread the word ... just plain stupid of Choates.

Tazman2664
December 21st, 2019, 09:42 PM
The games today proved one thing, and one thing only, that is 1 vs 2. When it comes down to it

MV conference is at 9
Big sky is a 6
CCA is a 5.9 (and only because of JMU)

For the FCS, there should only be 2 teams and no playoffs. Anyone can cry about how there should be 24, 20, 16 or even 8 but in the end there really is only 2. No if's or and's about it, the top 2 is all that it is about. Weber St. and Montana St. could hold no candle to NDSU and JMU. Say anything you want, but when it comes to 1 vs 2 and the games that lead up to it were not close, there really is nothing of substance that can be said. Yes, NDSU beat ISU 9 to 3, but remember, they are both from the MV conference. Outside of that game, no game has anything close to say about competition. All 4 and 5 star players go to big time D1 schools but any 3 star plays go to NDSU, if offered. LOL, NDSU got 2 more top SD players to sign so the SD teams (SDSU and SD) can complain about the disadvantage NDSU has, it just says players want to go to a program that wins. FCS = NDSU, and NDSU is no where close to going FBS, LOL NDSU will own FCS for years to come.

Winterborn
December 21st, 2019, 10:57 PM

Nope, just vertically challenged. :D

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2019, 12:35 AM
5ft 9in

With your shoes on, right?

Silenoz
December 22nd, 2019, 01:31 AM
The games today proved one thing, and one thing only, that is 1 vs 2. When it comes down to it

MV conference is at 9
Big sky is a 6

For the FCS, there should only be 2 teams and no playoffs. Anyone can cry about how there should be 24, 20, 16 or even 8 but in the end there really is only 2. No if's or and's about it, the top 2 is all that it is about. Weber St. and Montana St. could hold no candle to NDSU and JMU. Say anything you want, but when it comes to 1 vs 2 and the games that lead up to it were not close, there really is nothing of substance that can be said. Yes, NDSU beat ISU 9 to 3, but remember, they are both from the MV conference. Outside of that game, no game has anything close to say about competition. All 4 and 5 star players go to big time D1 schools but any 3 star plays go to NDSU, if offered. LOL, NDSU got 2 more top SD players to sign so the SD teams (SDSU and SD) can complain about the disadvantage NDSU has, it just says players want to go to a program that wins. FCS = NDSU, and NDSU is no where close to going FBS, LOL NDSU will own FCS for years to come.

I'm sure that made a lot more sense in your head as you were writing it

BisonTru
December 22nd, 2019, 01:36 AM

MV conference is at 9
Big sky is a 6

https://media2.giphy.com/media/v0eHX3n28wvoQ/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b60bbf04702cc18937685b6a4f59 9958f592fa0f&rid=giphy.gif

https://www.reddit.com/r/reactiongifs/comments/2hehv3/mrw_my_mother_catch_me_hitting_my_dogs_asshole/

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2019, 06:00 AM

xnodxxlolx I think alcohol from the pregame tailgating might have played a role in his post xlolx

As to the notion of a 2 team playoff that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Where's the "playoff" in that scenario? Dumb just dumb.

X-Factor
December 22nd, 2019, 07:50 AM

Can’t wait to hear the bobcat rebuttals that this was nothing...

Talk like that could easily cost him a promotion

X-Factor
December 22nd, 2019, 08:00 AM

Was thinking the same thing xlolx

Chalupa Batman
December 22nd, 2019, 08:10 AM
xnodxxlolx I think alcohol from the pregame tailgating might have played a role in his post xlolx

As to the notion of a 2 team playoff that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Where's the "playoff" in that scenario? Dumb just dumb.

Just like NDSU vs. EWU was a foregone conclusion in 2016. Or a foregone conclusion that NDSU’s vaunted 2013 defense was going to be challenged by Jimmy Garoppolo.

Redbird 4th & short
December 22nd, 2019, 08:17 AM

dont you know ? no other games mean anything unless someone else wins the Natty besides NDSU ... 23 games are played and only 1 matters. And if NDSU wis the Natty, it also doesn't matter because they have so many "advantages" over everyone else. For example, ISUr does not get to tell its recruits we made quarterfinals this year and nearly knocked of NDSU .. because these games mean nothing to anybody until the Natty.

So everyone needs to just get it thru their thick skulls ......

https://i.imgflip.com/2hthww.jpg
(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiW_s_wuMnmAhVUZ80KHYN8A0IQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgflip.com%2Fi%2F2hthww&psig=AOvVaw1FfpvJzFEz1QwJfRJUU9uA&ust=1577110569431852)