PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Guardian Credit Union FCS Kickoff

ASU33
December 17th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Any news on who'll play in the opening game next season? I've heard rumors of potentially Alabama A&M vs Stephen F. Austin but nothing solid.

Professor
December 17th, 2019, 03:56 PM
Hmm would A&M move that game?

ASU33
December 17th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Hmm would A&M move that game?

Good question!

GAD
December 17th, 2019, 04:04 PM
That one is set for Sept. 5th in Huntsville, Al. but lets see what happens

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2019, 07:56 PM
Game sucks. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if it got cancelled. The *only* good thing about it is getting on ESPN.

JayJ79
December 17th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Game sucks. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if it got cancelled. The *only* good thing about it is getting on ESPN.

why does it suck?

ASU33
December 18th, 2019, 01:42 PM
why does it suck?

Good question!

Professor
December 18th, 2019, 02:06 PM
I rather enjoyed when A&T played in it, other than the heat

OhioHen
December 18th, 2019, 02:32 PM
why does it suck?

Seems like a good matchup - two evenly matched teams usually makes for a good watch.

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2019, 03:50 PM
why does it suck?

Because Montgomery is a dump and nobody goes.

We played UTC, a rival, and only had 12k go. Put that game on either campus and it's a sellout.

The pathetic showings make the FCS look like joke on national TV. Anyone catch the crowd for YSU and Samford? Me either.

Not only that, but having that game a week before screws up your bye weeks. I think in 2018 we played 11 straight to end the season. Was garbage.

The ONLY positive is ESPN, and as I mentioned, due to fact attendance sucks it actually gives the FCS a bad look.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 04:25 PM

We played UTC, a rival, and only had 12k go. Put that game on either campus and it's a sellout.

The pathetic showings make the FCS look like joke on national TV. Anyone catch the crowd for YSU and Samford? Me either.

Not only that, but having that game a week before screws up your bye weeks. I think in 2018 we played 11 straight to end the season. Was garbage.

The ONLY positive is ESPN, and as I mentioned, due to fact attendance sucks it actually gives the FCS a bad look.

You've got a point... the first 3 games on campus were either over-capacity or right at capacity (even tho EWU only got 10k, it was 120% of capacity). Even with Alabama schools tied in, they're only getting about half capacity for the last 3. Might be time to switch back to campus sites.

Professor
December 18th, 2019, 04:33 PM
13,500 in attendence when A&T played JSU. Its a 36k Stadium which makes it look bad

JayJ79
December 18th, 2019, 04:37 PM

I don't follow. Normally, you have 12 weeks to play 11 games. If you play a week early, that gives you 13 weeks to play 11 games, does it not?
wouldn't you still have played 11 straight to end the season even if one of the games wasn't moved to "week zero"?

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 05:08 PM
13,500 in attendence when A&T played JSU. Its a 36k Stadium which makes it look bad

If that's true, that's even worse. I was basing it off of 25k capacity, which is still a bad look.

Professor
December 18th, 2019, 05:19 PM
If that's true, that's even worse. I was basing it off of 25k capacity, which is still a bad look.

I was surprised it wasn't more youth there. If it was me, I would have given out atleast 1k tickets to every youth football and cheer-leading group in the city

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2019, 07:20 PM

It's a 25k stadium.

JSU Stadium is 24k. Between both our home operners after the Kickoff we averaged 23k.

One of those openers was MVSU.

We sell that game out if it's at out place. A full JSU stadium looks great. A half full Crapton bowl looks like crap.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2019, 09:28 PM
It's also ruined by the fact that there's more and more week 0 games (even FCS games) every year. The year NDSU played at Montana was it's zenith (which was only the 2nd year)... packed stadium and a great environment (sans the wildfire smoke), Brent Musberber calling the game, first college football game of the year with no other games until the following Thursday, and it was a fantastic game. All in all a great showcase for FCS football. Now it's a showcase for the over-commercialization of college football just like Charlie Brown warned us... he was talking about college football right???

Professor
December 19th, 2019, 09:18 AM
It's a 25k stadium.

JSU Stadium is 24k. Between both our home operners after the Kickoff we averaged 23k.

One of those openers was MVSU.

We sell that game out if it's at out place. A full JSU stadium looks great. A half full Crapton bowl looks like crap.

So what is wrong with Montgomery?

JayJ79
December 19th, 2019, 09:27 AM
must be something bad, since even the angels are flying away from it. Just ask John Prine.

cx500d
December 19th, 2019, 11:20 AM
must be something bad, since even the angels are flying away from it. Just ask John Prine.

Were they flying at the speed of the sound of loneliness?

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2019, 08:34 PM

Or are you asking about what's wrong with the town in general?

Because if you're asking why I think Montgomery is a complete hole, you should probably get out more. See the world. If you think Montgomery is a nice place then you've been deprived.

cx500d
December 20th, 2019, 11:53 AM

Or are you asking about what's wrong with the town in general?

Because if you're asking why I think Montgomery is a complete hole, you should probably get out more. See the world. If you think Montgomery is a nice place then you've been deprived.
I spent last weekend in Baltimore...people say it’s a ****hole, but I had a blast.

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2019, 02:57 PM
I spent last weekend in Baltimore...people say it’s a ****hole, but I had a blast.

I've only been to Baltimore once. It was ok.

Montgomery is no Baltimore.

CockyGeek
December 20th, 2019, 11:07 PM
Nothing is more disappointing than being at the Crampton Bowl and knowing there's a much nicer stadium just around the corner

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2019, 10:58 PM
Nothing is more disappointing than being at the Crampton Bowl and knowing there's a much nicer stadium just around the corner

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hell, JSU Stadium makes Crapton look like a high school field.

Even Finley is a better facility.

NDSUtk
December 22nd, 2019, 09:04 AM
I spent last weekend in Baltimore...people say it’s a ****hole, but I had a blast.Lived outside Baltimore for about 7 months. As long as you know where to go and where to avoid, it's a good city. Some really fun parts

Lion1983
December 22nd, 2019, 09:15 AM
Lived outside Baltimore for about 7 months. As long as you know where to go and where to avoid, it's a good city. Some really fun parts

Same thing with Montgomery. There are parts that have came a long way since the mid 90s. Other parts have gotten worse. You just have to know were to go and were to avoid.

Daytripper
December 22nd, 2019, 09:15 AM
Lived outside Baltimore for about 7 months. As long as you know where to go and where to avoid, it's a good city. Some really fun parts

You can say that about every major city.

JSUSoutherner
December 22nd, 2019, 09:16 AM
Same thing with Montgomery. There are parts that have came a long way since the mid 90s. Other parts have gotten worse. You just have to know were to go and were to avoid.

Yeah, I've been to Montgomery enough to know that the area around the Crapton Bowl is one to avoid.

dgtw
December 29th, 2019, 10:56 PM
I don’t have a problem with the Crampton Bowl, it is a nice stadium. It just isn’t on our campus, which is where I would prefer playing.

IBleedYellow
December 30th, 2019, 12:04 AM
It's also ruined by the fact that there's more and more week 0 games (even FCS games) every year. The year NDSU played at Montana was it's zenith (which was only the 2nd year)... packed stadium and a great environment (sans the wildfire smoke), Brent Musberber calling the game, first college football game of the year with no other games until the following Thursday, and it was a fantastic game. All in all a great showcase for FCS football. Now it's a showcase for the over-commercialization of college football just like Charlie Brown warned us... he was talking about college football right???

There's so much truth to this.

BisonTru
December 30th, 2019, 01:52 AM
I don’t have a problem with the Crampton Bowl, it is a nice stadium. It just isn’t on our campus, which is where I would prefer playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 30th, 2019, 08:38 AM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some of your best commentary here