OCT. 24 CENTRAL ARKANSAS
OCT. 31 @MCNEESE
NOV. 7 SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
NOV. 14 @UIW
NOV. 21 NORTHWESTERN STATE

https://twitter.com/SFA_Football/status/1246173622428991488?s=20

Daytripper
April 8th, 2020, 12:50 PM
SHSU QB Ty Brock transfers to Central Michigan. He's a good kid and I wish him all of the best. http://www.cm-life.com/article/2020/04/central-michigan-football-lands-transfer-quarterback-ty-brock-sam-houston-state-jim-mcelwain-story

cx500d
April 8th, 2020, 01:34 PM
SHSU QB Ty Brock transfers to Central Michigan. He's a good kid and I wish him all of the best. http://www.cm-life.com/article/2020/04/central-michigan-football-lands-transfer-quarterback-ty-brock-sam-houston-state-jim-mcelwain-story

Sounds like the CMU coach Jim McElwain was kind of a douchebag recruiting that Texas Tech guy with multiple rapes under his belt. Luckily the CMU admissions office had some sense to deny admission.

Same with former SHSU coach Willy Fritz getting saved by the Tulane admissions office. Why the hell these coaches even entertain this kind of trouble is beyond me.

Daytripper
April 13th, 2020, 11:18 AM
Sam Houston picks up an option QB transfer from Navy: Tobias Weaver - speed and quickness, but not sure how he will be used in our offense. https://twitter.com/tdub1k_/status/1247719599333916672

FormerPokeCenter
April 13th, 2020, 11:33 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUtHSXZXkAI2eat?format=jpg&name=large

SEPT. 5 @ALABAMA A&M
SEPT. 12 @SMU
SEPT. 19 LAMAR
SEPT. 26 ABILENE CHRISTIAN
OCT. 3 SAM HOUSTON STATE (HOUSTON)
OCT. 10 @NICHOLLS
OCT. 24 CENTRAL ARKANSAS
OCT. 31 @MCNEESE
NOV. 7 SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
NOV. 14 @UIW
NOV. 21 NORTHWESTERN STATE

https://twitter.com/SFA_Football/status/1246173622428991488?s=20

Can't you guys afford the paint your helmets all the same color?

If not, I bet you could borrow purple paint from ACU, UCA or even Northwestern...well, maybe not Norhtwestern, they ****ing hate you, but certainly one of the other schools could help you out in your time of need....

katss07
April 16th, 2020, 11:09 AM
SHSU unveils a new logo in about half an hour. They’re really pushing this rebrand, which I’m assuming includes new uniforms and turf down the line here.

FormerPokeCenter
April 16th, 2020, 12:00 PM
If you mother****ers start wearing purple, we're gonna kick you out of the conference....

FormerPokeCenter
April 16th, 2020, 12:04 PM
In all seriousness...y'all need to stop with the Bearkat cultural appropriation. There's no such thing as a Bear-cat. There are binturongs and the longer y'all call them something they're not, the more long term psychological damage you do to everybody involved.

Embrace the Binturong. Be The Binturong....

https://www.wildrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Binturong-1a-1194-xl-600x404.jpg

Daytripper
April 16th, 2020, 12:05 PM
If you mother****ers start wearing purple, we're gonna kick you out of the conference....

HA! No chance.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1250829007718961154/0da93kVS_400x400.jpg

FormerPokeCenter
April 16th, 2020, 12:16 PM
You forgot "Institute of Technology"....

cx500d
April 16th, 2020, 02:07 PM
Beats that ugly ass orange and blue.

cx500d
April 16th, 2020, 02:07 PM
HA! No chance.

Should have 2X runner-ups somewhere on there

cx500d
April 16th, 2020, 02:10 PM
HA! No chance.

Basically an orange version of this

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/S%26H_Green_Stamps_sign_close-up.jpg

FormerPokeCenter
April 16th, 2020, 03:44 PM
Oh My Gosh, that's perfect! I KNEW I'd seen that logo somewhere before!

Can I get a transistor radio, or a set of matching tumblers, if I turn in enough Sam Houston helmet decals???

cx500d
April 16th, 2020, 04:11 PM
Oh My Gosh, that's perfect! I KNEW I'd seen that logo somewhere before!

Can I get a transistor radio, or a set of matching tumblers, if I turn in enough Sam Houston helmet decals???
I'm sure they will fall off in droves during a clutch game.

FormerPokeCenter
April 16th, 2020, 04:12 PM
I was gonna raid coaches office stash....

FormerPokeCenter
April 16th, 2020, 04:14 PM
I never understood helmet decals....everything I ever needed to know about a player's ferociousness could be gleaned by looking at the paint transfer on the front of his helmet...

cx500d
April 16th, 2020, 04:14 PM
I was gonna raid coaches office stash....
He keeps them all together in little books

FormerPokeCenter
April 16th, 2020, 04:19 PM
If he gets enough of them, he might be able to find a nifty NDSU National Championship shirt....

JSUSoutherner
April 16th, 2020, 04:50 PM
You know, I thought Covid would be the worst thing to happen to 2020.

But Sam Houston has proved me wrong.

cx500d
April 16th, 2020, 04:55 PM
You know, I thought Covid would be the worst thing to happen to 2020.

But Sam Houston has proved me wrong.

There's a lot of people in Huntsville that are hoping old Sparky comes on line to put them out of their misery

Outsider1
April 16th, 2020, 04:59 PM
HA! No chance.

Like the old one better.

katss07
April 16th, 2020, 08:07 PM
The blue was outdated, it was getting old. Recruits like nice uniforms, now we’ll get those. Our fans seem to like it, so do players. I’m anxious to see what the uniforms look like.

And regardless of if you like the logo or not, you should get used to seeing it above your teams logo in the standings. As for JSU, maybe we’ll see you in the playoffs... maybe.

Outsider1
April 17th, 2020, 02:47 PM
The blue was outdated, it was getting old. Recruits like nice uniforms, now we’ll get those. Our fans seem to like it, so do players. I’m anxious to see what the uniforms look like.

And regardless of if you like the logo or not, you should get used to seeing it above your teams logo in the standings. As for JSU, maybe we’ll see you in the playoffs... maybe.

We all need to get back to playing ball first......

Daytripper
April 17th, 2020, 03:02 PM

Not sure if this timing was intentional, but it makes sense. With all of the uncertainty about athletic financials, launching a new logo should create spike in sales for the new gear. It might help offset some of the lost revenue. But, I'm having a hard time believing that AD Bobby Williams is that clever.

FormerPokeCenter
April 17th, 2020, 03:08 PM
Lots of impoverished African children in the sub Saharan areas are going to be very grateful for all the old logo merchandise since it'll go very nicely with the National Runnersup Tee Shirts...

BEAR
April 17th, 2020, 08:51 PM

xlolx

cx500d
April 18th, 2020, 05:31 PM

you are going to have to try a little harder than last year

BEAR
May 3rd, 2020, 05:43 PM
Just saw this on Twitter: budget cuts? Players leaving? Practice squads? I don’t recall this in previous years.

ATTENTION 2020

PROSPECTS

The @UCA_Football (https://mobile.twitter.com/UCA_Football)
Program is seeking non-scholarship players for the 2020 Season If you are interested in becoming a part of a

CHAMPIONSHIP TRADITION
please drop this info below:NamePositionHt/WtSchoolRelevant StatsHudl Link

Daytripper
May 3rd, 2020, 07:33 PM
Just saw this on Twitter: budget cuts? Players leaving? Practice squads? I don’t recall this in previous years.

ATTENTION 2020

PROSPECTS

Program is seeking non-scholarship players for the 2020 Season If you are interested in becoming a part of a

CHAMPIONSHIP TRADITION

Wow. That's interesting.

lionsrking2
May 3rd, 2020, 09:51 PM

ATTENTION 2020

PROSPECTS

CHAMPIONSHIP TRADITION

Sounds like a call to build up the walk-on program. Walk-ons equal paying students which generates direct revenue for the university.

SFA 93
May 3rd, 2020, 09:52 PM
Isn't that just for walk on tryouts?

lionsrking2
May 3rd, 2020, 09:55 PM
Isn't that just for walk on tryouts?

If it were just a general tryout notice, it probably wouldn't be worded that way. This sounds like a concerted effort to add more walk-ons to the roster. I would imagine all programs everywhere will be asked to boost revenue to help offset impending budget cuts.

BEAR
May 3rd, 2020, 09:56 PM
Wow. That's interesting.

Expound please! Thoughts?

Panther88
May 5th, 2020, 01:37 PM
Sounds like a call to build up the walk-on program. Walk-ons equal paying students which generates direct revenue for the university.

Or worse still, perhaps an anticipated move towards non-support of 63 full-ride football scholarships-reduction-attrition, etc. If I were an AD, I'd explore all possible scenarios considering the lack of commitment for fall 2020 play.

How do SLC schools' athletic/football budgets stack? I'm sure SHSU is at the top, considering their G5/non-FCS student #s.

Daytripper
May 5th, 2020, 02:05 PM
Or worse still, perhaps an anticipated move towards non-support of 63 full-ride football scholarships-reduction-attrition, etc. If I were an AD, I'd explore all possible scenarios considering the lack of commitment for fall 2020 play.

How do SLC schools' athletic/football budgets stack? I'm sure SHSU is at the top, considering their G5/non-FCS student #s.

From everything I've heard, we will have to cut back and delay most all non-essential projects. But, nobody seems to be sounding an alarm. AD Williams told the Houston Chronicle that season ticket sales are up by 11%. So that is at least some good news.

lionsrking2
May 5th, 2020, 02:53 PM

I suppose anything is possible but a way to offset a drop in revenue is to boost the number of walk-ons from outside the university. There are limits on how many recruited walk-ons you can have, so putting out a general public notice would be one way to get around it.

Budget order varies some year-to-year but typically SHSU, Lamar and SFA are the top three, followed by SLU, UCA and NW State. Corpus and McNeese in the next tier, with Nicholls and UNO at the bottom. Privates don't release their info ... I'd imagine ACU's budget would rank in the top half at the very least. UIW and HBU likely near the bottom.

Daytripper
May 5th, 2020, 03:10 PM
I suppose anything is possible but a way to offset a drop in revenue is to boost the number of walk-ons from outside the university. There are limits on how many recruited walk-ons you can have, so putting out a general public notice would be one way to get around it.

Budget order varies some year-to-year but typically SHSU, Lamar and SFA are the top three, followed by SLU, UCA and NW State. Corpus and McNeese in the next tier, with Nicholls and UNO at the bottom. Privates don't release their info ... I'd imagine ACU's budget would rank in the top half at the very least. UIW and HBU likely near the bottom.

Sounds about right, but it will be interesting to see how the collapse of oil impacts Lamar's endowment and finances. That entire Golden Triangle economy is based on petroleum refining.

FormerPokeCenter
May 5th, 2020, 04:13 PM
While Corpus gets some support from the farmers and ranchers in the area, it too, is dependent on oil refining, just like McNeese is...of course, if the Oil Industry does cut way back, that might actually make Lamar more attractive. They can raze that tank farm and build more parking...

BEAR
May 5th, 2020, 04:17 PM

Yeah we’ve never had much of a budget. But we did raise like $700,000 in one night at an athletic fundraiser slash award ceremony. That was atypical for us.

lionsrking2
May 5th, 2020, 07:33 PM
Sounds about right, but it will be interesting to see how the collapse of oil impacts Lamar's endowment and finances. That entire Golden Triangle economy is based on petroleum refining.

An oil industry collapse will affect more than just Lamar. Pretty much the entire Louisiana budget is heavily oil dependent.

- - - Updated - - -

An oil industry collapse will affect more than just Lamar. Pretty much the entire Louisiana budget is heavily oil dependent.

katss07
May 8th, 2020, 12:16 AM
Bearkats added two big time WRs yesterday. Two-Time MEAC All American and FCS All American Jequez Ezzard transfers from Howard to SHSU. He was hurt for most of last year, but was could be a double digit TD guy. Has over 2000 yards in his career. Also getting Harvard’s top WR as a grad transfer. Went for over 700 yards last year.

If Schmid can stay on the field, which has been an issue, then the offense could be potent once again. Fingers crossed for good health!

Catatonic
May 8th, 2020, 06:41 AM

ACU spent 15 million on athletics in 2018. That’s the most recent info I can find.

BEAR
May 8th, 2020, 11:25 AM
From the UCA President’s office:

After many lengthy, detailed discussions with campus leadership and health officials, it is our plan to be in regular operation for fall semester and begin classes as scheduled on August 20. This is our hope and the outcome we are diligently working toward. However, given the rapidly changing nature of COVID-19, we have planned for several additional scenarios and are prepared to modify our course of action if necessary.

Daytripper
May 8th, 2020, 03:55 PM

After many lengthy, detailed discussions with campus leadership and health officials, it is our plan to be in regular operation for fall semester and begin classes as scheduled on August 20. This is our hope and the outcome we are diligently working toward. However, given the rapidly changing nature of COVID-19, we have planned for several additional scenarios and are prepared to modify our course of action if necessary.

Good News! Hope it works out as planned.

Daytripper
May 8th, 2020, 05:09 PM

Here is Sam Houston's timeline: It's pretty bold.

On April 7, 2020, SHSU entered into enhanced emergency operations with most buildings closed and the majority of SHSU staff telecommuting or engaged in other flexible work options. Enhanced emergency operations will end on May 25, 2020. Supervisors have the discretion to require essential employees to return to campus in advance of May 25, 2020 to prepare for the university’s re-opening.
On May 26, 2020, SHSU will begin return-to-campus operations. Employees will physically come back to campus through a phased-in approach as designated by the employee’s division vice president and supervisor.
On July 1, 2020, SHSU will reopen to the public and resume full operations. All employees will physically report to their regularly assigned place of employment.

FormerPokeCenter
May 8th, 2020, 05:36 PM
Here is Sam Houston's timeline: It's pretty bold.

On April 7, 2020, SHSU entered into enhanced emergency operations with most buildings closed and the majority of SHSU staff telecommuting or engaged in other flexible work options. Enhanced emergency operations will end on May 25, 2020. Supervisors have the discretion to require essential employees to return to campus in advance of May 25, 2020 to prepare for the university’s re-opening.
On May 26, 2020, SHSU will begin return-to-campus operations. Employees will physically come back to campus through a phased-in approach as designated by the employee’s division vice president and supervisor.
On July 1, 2020, SHSU will reopen to the public and resume full operations. All employees will physically report to their regularly assigned place of employment.

You guys should be fine. All the latest research says that Prison environments only account for about 1-2 percent of all Covid cases...Reopning the Walls Unit seems pretty low risk to me...

Daytripper
May 9th, 2020, 10:47 AM
You guys should be fine. All the latest research says that Prison environments only account for about 1-2 percent of all Covid cases...Reopning the Walls Unit seems pretty low risk to me...

You guys in LA should be okay too. Recent research has shown the incest, alcoholism and meth use form a natural resistance to the COVID 19. :D

FormerPokeCenter
May 11th, 2020, 01:59 PM
You guys in LA should be okay too. Recent research has shown the incest, alcoholism and meth use form a natural resistance to the COVID 19. :D

I guess that explains why our rate of Covid-19 infection is nearly 10 times as high as it is in your part of Texas ;)

lionsrking2
May 14th, 2020, 04:16 PM
This is interesting ...

https://mcneesesports.com/news/2020/5/14/football-mcneese-terminates-search-for-new-ad.aspx

cx500d
May 14th, 2020, 04:21 PM
This is interesting ...

https://mcneesesports.com/news/2020/5/14/football-mcneese-terminates-search-for-new-ad.aspx

That is typically a precursor to eliminating all athletics

lionsrking2
May 14th, 2020, 04:24 PM
That is typically a precursor to eliminating all athletics

That's not going to happen

FormerPokeCenter
May 14th, 2020, 04:36 PM
I would imagine that Daryl's probably doing the job, himself, for the time being now that they're sorta on idle...he's got great coaches, and a stable of associate AD's, so I'm guessing things are kinda on Autopilot for now...beyond that, Hemphill's on the payroll till 6/1, I think...or something like that...

lionsrking2
May 14th, 2020, 04:39 PM
I would imagine that Daryl's probably doing the job, himself, for the time being now that they're sorta on idle...he's got great coaches, and a stable of associate AD's, so I'm guessing things are kinda on Autopilot for now...beyond that, Hemphill's on the payroll till 6/1, I think...or something like that...

Not a bad idea actually

cx500d
May 14th, 2020, 04:51 PM

Things have been on autopilot for years at Mackniece

McNeese75
May 14th, 2020, 05:10 PM

IS THAT A POLITICAL STATEMENT!!!! TAKE THAT **** TO THE POLI BOARD xlolxxpeacex

cx500d
May 14th, 2020, 05:12 PM
IS THAT A POLITICAL STATEMENT!!!! TAKE THAT **** TO THE POLI BOARD xlolxxpeacex
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PIE1qz47sNezzmqo1imMB_s3EF0=/1600x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19967182/Iceman.gif

FormerPokeCenter
May 14th, 2020, 06:33 PM

Ergo, no Athletic Director currently...the new McNeese President is a former All-SLC and All-Louisiana linebacker, who was a team captain, most valuable defensive player and started in two Independence Bowls. He's a hands-on kinda guy who doesn't take shortcuts, doesn't compromise when it comes to expecting results. Beyond that, he's wicked smaht.. 5'9, and a three year starter at middle linebacker on, arguably, the best team McNeese has ever had. Most valuable defensive player on a team that included a first round draft choice (future All-Pro Leonard Smith) and a second round draft choice, (future sack pack member Rusty Guilbeau)...when you play with two top round draft picks, you're not the team's most valuable defensive player at 5'9" unless you're a total badass. He was a really committed, dedicated, hard working, hard nose, no compromises kinda guy..

He got rid of a coaching staff populated almost entirely by long-time coaches who were former McNeese players because he wasn't getting the A.) academic results he wanted and B.) the on-field product slipped. He got the top job in 2017 and I didn't think it would take him long to start shaking things up...He's made some great coaching hires so far...Heath Schroyer in basketball, first Sterlin Gilbert and now Frank Wilson in football. The track coach was already doing phenomenal things on a shoestring budget. I suspect the AD hire will be pretty good too..

Wildcat1997
May 15th, 2020, 02:13 PM
ACU will reportedly play Missouri in 2022: http://www.maryvilleforum.com/sports/maryville/catching-up-with-coach-dorrel/article_9fd881c8-9084-11ea-ab04-a7db722a6f32.html

lionsrking2
May 15th, 2020, 02:49 PM
ACU will reportedly play Missouri in 2022: http://www.maryvilleforum.com/sports/maryville/catching-up-with-coach-dorrel/article_9fd881c8-9084-11ea-ab04-a7db722a6f32.html

We played there in 2012. Nice trip with knowledgeable, hospitable fan base.

FormerPokeCenter
May 15th, 2020, 02:53 PM
Our trip there was beset with problems...first, the plane hit a light stand at the end of the runway on takeoff to start the trip...then there were hours of circling to find a suitable airport, with the appropriate crash response, to land at so they could affect repairs...I think they landed somewhere in Arkansas, then, either had to wait on a replacement plane, or they got bussed and arrived in Missouri on Saturday morning.

Then Missouri kicked the **** out of us, 55-3 or something similarly abyssmal.

The check wasn't nearly large enough to make it any more palatable.

McNeese75
May 15th, 2020, 03:22 PM
Our trip there was beset with problems...first, the plane hit a light stand at the end of the runway on takeoff to start the trip...then there were hours of circling to find a suitable airport, with the appropriate crash response, to land at so they could affect repairs...I think they landed somewhere in Arkansas, then, either had to wait on a replacement plane, or they got bussed and arrived in Missouri on Saturday morning.

That game sucked balls. The only fans we found hospitable were the ones from Louisiana that lived there.

At the time, Missouri had the distinction of being called the tallest team in America (big dudes) and Blaine Gabbert was the QB so that didn't help either.

McNeese72
May 15th, 2020, 07:35 PM

If I remember right, they diverted to someplace in Mississippi.

Doc

lionsrking2
May 15th, 2020, 10:57 PM

I recall you guys having issues during one of your trips but didn't realize it was Missouri. We got ours handed to us as well.

Since you mentioned it, we had problems getting home due to the charter company screwing up the flight manifest. One of our campus police officers flew up on the team plane but came back on his own causing the numbers to be off on the return. Didn't matter how many times the discrepancy was explained, they couldn't figure out how to make the numbers match to get departure approval. The game ended around 9:30 and we were at the airport and loaded on the plane before 11 pm. We sat on the runway for over 3 hours waiting to get clearance. It was after 2:30 a.m. before we took off.

FormerPokeCenter
May 16th, 2020, 11:59 AM
If I remember right, they diverted to someplace in Mississippi.

Doc

I had a 50/50 shot. I knew it was one of the two places ranked lower than us in education...

cx500d
May 16th, 2020, 12:24 PM
I had a 50/50 shot. I knew it was one of the two places ranked lower than us in education...
South Sudan or Afghanistan? How’d you get way over there?

FormerPokeCenter
May 16th, 2020, 07:17 PM
Afghanistan and Arkansas have some pretty marked similarities.

cx500d
May 17th, 2020, 05:16 PM
Afghanistan and Arkansas have some pretty marked similarities.

I guess - trees, lakes, lack of incoming rockets, snipers, roadside bombs, and people looking like they want to slit your throat aside.

McNeese72
May 17th, 2020, 05:33 PM
I recall you guys having issues during one of your trips but didn't realize it was Missouri. We got ours handed to us as well.

We also had a problem after the game with Southern Utah in 2003. We loaded up after the game. And sat and sat and sat. The APU wouldn't work so they couldn't spin up the engines to start them. We ended up having to spend another night at the hotel. But since they didn't have enough free rooms, a lot of us ended up sleeping on the floor of a banquet room at the hotel. They flew another plane in on Sunday morning. Wasn't a fun trip even though we beat the crap out of Southern Utah.

Doc

BEAR
May 18th, 2020, 08:19 PM
UCA jr QB Breylin Smith graduated with a bachelors degree a few days ago. He’s getting ready to start his masters degree for his final two years for the Bears. Way to go kid! xbowx

WestCoastAggie
May 19th, 2020, 08:48 AM
I may be late here but SF Austin is joining McNeese State on APR Playoffs Ban couch.

FormerPokeCenter
May 19th, 2020, 09:54 AM
I guess - trees, lakes, lack of incoming rockets, snipers, roadside bombs, and people looking like they want to slit your throat aside.

Ever driven through North Little Rock? Plenty of people will evaluate the slittage potential of your throat.

SFA 93
May 19th, 2020, 11:49 AM
yep

"Today, the NCAA publicly released Academic Progress Report (APR) scores for all Division I athletic programs, including Stephen F. Austin. These four-year cohort APR scores began with the 2015-2016 academic year. As noted in its release, three SFA sports programs (men's basketball, football and baseball) failed to meet the minimum four-year cohort APR score of 930 needed to avoid penalties. As a result, these programs must serve the Level I APR penalties, which include a reduction in countable practice hours and a one-year postseason ban. The University has been approved to delay the men's basketball postseason ban until the 2021-22 season, while football and baseball will serve their bans during the 2020-21 academic year.

Beginning in 2013, an athletics department administrative error in the academic certification process resulted in the miscalculation of SFA's reported APR scores. Once the administrative error was identified and corrected, the APR scores of these three programs fell below the 930 threshold. Procedures are now in place to prevent a re-occurrence of the error.

The athletics department has been focused on academic progress and is proud of its current student athletes who collectively earned a 3.21 GPA for the spring semester.

The biggest hit is to the basketball program which is our bread and butter.

We are used to not making the post season in football and baseball. :)

WestCoastAggie
May 19th, 2020, 12:17 PM
yep

"Today, the NCAA publicly released Academic Progress Report (APR) scores for all Division I athletic programs, including Stephen F. Austin. These four-year cohort APR scores began with the 2015-2016 academic year. As noted in its release, three SFA sports programs (men's basketball, football and baseball) failed to meet the minimum four-year cohort APR score of 930 needed to avoid penalties. As a result, these programs must serve the Level I APR penalties, which include a reduction in countable practice hours and a one-year postseason ban. The University has been approved to delay the men's basketball postseason ban until the 2021-22 season, while football and baseball will serve their bans during the 2020-21 academic year.

Beginning in 2013, an athletics department administrative error in the academic certification process resulted in the miscalculation of SFA's reported APR scores. Once the administrative error was identified and corrected, the APR scores of these three programs fell below the 930 threshold. Procedures are now in place to prevent a re-occurrence of the error.

The athletics department has been focused on academic progress and is proud of its current student athletes who collectively earned a 3.21 GPA for the spring semester.

This sounds like what happened to Southern.

FormerPokeCenter
May 19th, 2020, 12:56 PM
This sounds like what happened to Southern.

So SFA's got a chick in the admissions office changing grades, too??

BEAR
May 19th, 2020, 01:25 PM
Wonder how much of this is on Clamp Crank. xlolx

yep

BEAR
May 19th, 2020, 01:28 PM
Ever driven through North Little Rock? Plenty of people will evaluate the slittage potential of your throat.

Hey, one of my favorite restaurants has bullet holes in the windows! Know why I was never worried about getting shot? All the shots went high in the glass and into the ceiling. They may be armed but they shoot like storm troopers. xcoffeex

McNeese72
May 19th, 2020, 02:32 PM
yep

Ouch!! At least, McNeese's problem was just in football and looking at the academic results for the 2019-2020 year for the football players, things have been turned around.

Doc

McNeese72
May 19th, 2020, 04:08 PM
My friend, CBuck, had an idea. If they don't move the football season back but we end up with a cancelled game or so to start the season, we ought to schedule a game with Prairie View A&M the first weekend of the playoffs since neither one of us is eligible for postseason play. ;)

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
May 19th, 2020, 04:45 PM
My friend, CBuck, had an idea. If they don't move the football season back but we end up with a cancelled game or so to start the season, we ought to schedule a game with Prairie View A&M the first weekend of the playoffs since neither one of us is eligible for postseason play. ;)

Doc

We could do a Round Robin with SFA....

caribbeanhen
May 19th, 2020, 11:22 PM
Just dropping in to say that as far as football conference threads go on AGS, you Southland Conference Bubbas probably have the best one....Something about yawls twang I like

Puddin Tane
May 19th, 2020, 11:47 PM
yep

academic bozo hat trick. well done jacks

FormerPokeCenter
May 20th, 2020, 12:29 AM
academic bozo hat trick. well done jacks

Mark this day down on the calendar....finally, Lamar can talk **** on AGS to somebody other than Houston Baptist.

cx500d
May 20th, 2020, 06:39 AM
Mark this day down on the calendar....finally, Lamar can talk **** on AGS to somebody other than Houston Baptist.

Aren't you supposed to be in remedial english class?

McNeese72
May 20th, 2020, 08:13 AM

No, he quit going to classes. He is eventually going to bring down our discussion group APR. :)

McCowboys
May 20th, 2020, 08:46 AM
Last season's football coach Sterlin Gilbert and recently hired coach Frank Wilson have McNeese football on the right path. McNeese's other sports have been taking care of business, some even receiving recognition from the NCAA this year and in the past.

This year's McNeese APR:

Baseball

McNeese State University (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/402_2019_apr.pdf?v=1589977926634)

LA

2018-2019

Football

McNeese State University (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/402_2019_apr.pdf?v=1589977926634)

LA

2018-2019

Level One Penalty – Practice Reduction = Yes

Postseason Ineligibility = Yes

Men’s Basketball

LA

2018-2019

Men’s Cross Country

LA

2018-2019

Men’s Golf

LA

2018-2019

Men’s Track

LA

2018-2019

Softball

LA

2018-2019

Women’s Basketball

LA

2018-2019

Women’s Cross Country

LA

2018-2019

Women’s Golf

LA

2018-2019

I copied this from Zem's Gems daily blogs 5/20/2019 https://zemsgems.wordpress.com/

FormerPokeCenter
May 20th, 2020, 10:40 AM

If I were to take a remedial English Class, it would only be so I could understand the pidgin English you NoDak types speak, dontcha know.
Eh?

FormerPokeCenter
May 20th, 2020, 10:41 AM
No, he quit going to classes. He is eventually going to bring down our discussion group APR. :)

As long as there are SFA and Lamar fabs posting here, I'm carrying this place ;).

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 11:36 AM
Wow, the hammer came down today!

In the Spring of 2019, a member of our athletics department discovered that the process by which our student-athletes were being certified as academically eligible was not properly accounting for all NCAA requirements. The primary issue was that former department personnel responsible for the certification process were incorrectly counting all semester credit hours to determine academic eligibility instead of counting only degree-applicable credits, as prescribed by NCAA rules. This error--and other similar errors-- resulted in 82 student-athletes being improperly certified for competition over a period of six years, from 2013 to 2019, meaning 82 student-athletes competed while ineligible for SFA in the sports of football, men’s basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball, women’s golf, men’s and women’s track & field and men’s cross country. The athletics department personnel responsible for the incorrect certifications are no longer a part of SFA Athletics.

After identifying these errors, the University immediately reviewed the academic standing of all current student-athletes and, when warranted, filed for and secured student-athlete reinstatement eligibility by the NCAA, clearing the students for competition.

Shortly after the discovery of the issue, the University retained outside legal counsel to work with the institution and the NCAA to determine the facts and scope of the potential violations. Once that review was completed, SFA and the NCAA staff came to an agreement on sanctions through a Negotiated Resolution. The NR is a process offered by the NCAA to resolve infractions cases when the facts are not in dispute, which is the case in our matter. This route saved the University time and financial resources, but most importantly, lessened the risk of more severe penalties if the University had opted to proceed through the traditional infractions process.

Ultimately, the institution and the NCAA agreed that the improper certification of 82 student-athletes for competition was a Level I violation. The University also acknowledged that it failed to exercise institution control when it did not detect or remedy the errors in a timely manner, given that in 2014, the NCAA had warned the institution through a standard review of academic progress data to strengthen its academic certification processes and it failed to do so.

The Level I (Mitigated) sanctions agreed upon by the NCAA and Stephen F. Austin include the following:

Three years of probation;
Public reprimand and censure;
A fine of $5,000 plus one-half of one percent of the total budgets for football and men’s basketball;
The return of 50 percent of the University’s financial share earned from participation in the 2016 NCAA Tournament;
The forfeiture of all records and contests in which an ineligible SFA student-athlete competed, which includes 29 football victories from 2013-2019; 117 men’s basketball victories from 2014 to 2019; 112 baseball victories from 2015 to 2019; 31 softball victories from the 2018 season; and adjusted conference championship scores from women’s golf, women’s track and field, men’s cross country and men’s track and field.
Included in the vacation of wins are conference championships in men’s basketball in 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2017-18, as well as the program’s First Round win in the 2016 NCAA Tournament. The banners recognizing those achievements will be removed from William R. Johnson Coliseum.
A 2.5% reduction in financial aid awards (scholarships) in football for 2020-2021 and 2021-2022; a 5% reduction in baseball in either 2020-21 or 2021-2022 and the loss of one scholarship in men’s basketball in either 2020-2021 or 2021-22.
Prior to the conclusion of the probationary period, the institution will submit to a data review with APP staff.

Again, on advice of counsel and after deliberate internal discussions, agreeing to a Negotiated Resolution was the fastest way to put this behind us and ultimately, to reduce the risk of more severe penalties (i.e., postseason bans, recruiting restrictions) that would have severely set back certain sports programs.

Unfortunately, there are additional significant ramifications for some of our athletic programs related to the NCAA violations involving improper eligibility certification.

In 2003, the NCAA instituted the Academic Progress Rate (APR), which holds institutions accountable for the academic progress of its student-athletes through a team-based metric that accounts for the eligibility and retention of each student-athlete for each academic term. Student-athletes who are meeting requirements for academic progress towards a degree and remain at their original institution help bolster the APR score (out of 1000), while those who transfer out, fail to meet academic progress towards a degree or otherwise do not return to the institution decrease a team’s APR score. While there is an annual APR score for each team released publicly, the NCAA reviews four-year cohorts of APR scores to provide a more accurate picture of a team’s academic standing. If a team’s four-year APR falls below 930 in any given year, that program is banned from participating in postseason play the following season.

For the 82 SFA student-athletes discovered through the enforcement matter who were improperly certified as eligible, the information previously submitted for APR purposes required adjustment. After making changes to reflect the NCAA requirements for credits, the APR scores for three of our teams fell below the 930 threshold.

In conjunction with standard NCAA APR penalties, three of our teams that fell below the 930 threshold will serve their postseason penalties during the upcoming 2020-2021 or 2021-22 seasons, allowing our coaches and student-athletes to move forward as soon as possible. Therefore, the SFA football team is prohibited from participating in the 2020 postseason; the men’s basketball team will not participate in the postseason in 2021-22; and the baseball program will also be prohibited from participating in the postseason in the spring of 2021. The University will file a request for a conditional waiver to the NCAA for suspension of future years of postseason restrictions, as the APR score for some of our teams may remain below 930 in subsequent years due to the four-year rolling score. In similar cases, waivers have been granted based on signs of academic and APR improvement by the involved sports program.

We understand that the tremendous young men and women in our athletic programs are paying a steep price for the administrative mistakes by former staffers, but they will have our complete and unwavering support in the days and months ahead.

Our actions since the discovery of the improper certifications in 2019 demonstrate our unwavering commitment to integrity and fair play and our willingness to hold ourselves accountable for our actions. In fact, the NCAA enforcement staff and Committee on Infractions recognized this commitment in the Negotiated Resolution by crediting our “exemplary cooperation” in the investigation and citing SFA as a “model for other institutions” facing similar violations.

We are a stronger University today because of our actions and our values and we look forward to the next chapter of Lumberjack Athletics.

Ryan Ivey
Director of Athletics
Stephen F. Austin State University

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 12:01 PM
When Ivey came in several individuals announced their planned departure from the AD.

They knew it was coming, that Ivey would find out, what a mess, that this could go on for so long.

The bright spot is, that we have Ivey to help clean it up and hopefully down the road we will be better for it.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/infractions/decisions/May2020INF_StephenFAustinNRPublic.pdf

I should say also our new President Scott Gordon also is getting this ship straight.

TheRevSFA
May 20th, 2020, 12:20 PM
The guy who ****ed around on the grades is still SFA faculty but not employed by the AD. He’s going to get publicly named in a note by Ivey this week and hopefully president Gordon will fire his ass. It sucks but Ivey did the right thing in self reporting. We will move on from this, but it’ll be sad to see the banners in the coliseum come down

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 12:34 PM
Wow, all the records, media guides, banners, coaching resumes, victory milestones, trophies, erased because of this.

cx500d
May 20th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Wow, all the records, media guides, banners, coaching resumes, victory milestones, trophies, erased because of this.
Luckily, you need a very small eraser for the football records, media guides, banners, coaching resumes, victory milestones, trophies...

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 12:48 PM
I'm talking more about the basketball, we're a basketball school.

The erasing of the football records would actually improve our football standings.

cx500d
May 20th, 2020, 01:05 PM
I'm talking more about the basketball, we're a basketball school.

The erasing of the football records would actually improve our football standings.
Erasing one tournament victory doesn't seem that special to me.

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 01:05 PM
The new SFA President and AD getting it right for the future.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYesWXKWkAIYNjY?format=jpg&name=small

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 01:14 PM
More than that, the wins, the 3 conference championships in that time frame, the fans have lots of pride in those achievements.

BEAR
May 20th, 2020, 02:13 PM
Dang. Are all the recruits staying after this? Will they let them out if their commitment kinda like they do when a coach leaves? Looks like SFA is cleaning it up! Way to go!

BEAR
May 20th, 2020, 02:17 PM
Sport
School
State
Academic Year
Multi-Year Rate
Penalties
Postseason

Football
University of Central Arkansas (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/1004_2019_apr.pdf?v=1590002053633)
AR
2018-2019

Football
Houston Baptist University (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/287_2019_apr.pdf?v=1590002053633)
TX
2018-2019

Football
Northwestern State University (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/508_2019_apr.pdf?v=1590002053633)
LA
2018-2019

Football
Nicholls State University (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/483_2019_apr.pdf?v=1590002053633)
LA
2018-2019

Football
Southeastern Louisiana University (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/655_2019_apr.pdf?v=1590002053633)
LA
2018-2019

Football
Lamar University (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/346_2019_apr.pdf?v=1590002053633)
TX
2018-2019

Football
Abilene Christian University (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/2_2019_apr.pdf?v=1590002053633)
TX
2018-2019

Football
University of the Incarnate Word (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/2743_2019_apr.pdf?v=1590002053633)
TX
2018-2019

Football
Sam Houston State University (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/624_2019_apr.pdf?v=1590002053633)
TX
2018-2019

Football
McNeese State University (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/402_2019_apr.pdf?v=1590002053633)
LA
2018-2019
Level One Penalty - Practice Reduction = Yes

Football
Stephen F. Austin State University (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/public_reports/apr2019/676_2019_apr.pdf?v=1590002053633)
TX
2018-2019
Level One Penalty - Practice Reduction = Yes

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 02:42 PM
We will have to see the effect on recruiting, the staff will have to inform all recruits in writing about the situation.

Yes, the new powers to be have put the right things in place to police this situation and try to see that it doesn't happen again.

Ivey did right in reporting it to the NCAA when it was discovered.

Katfan
May 20th, 2020, 02:42 PM
More than that, the wins, the 3 conference championships in that time frame, the fans have lots of pride in those achievements.
Does this mean you didn’t beat Duke this year?

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 02:53 PM
Duke win was the 2019-20 season.

These are the seasons for the sanctions
2014-15
2015-16
2016-17
2017-18
2018-19

117 wins; 3 conference championships erased

cx500d
May 20th, 2020, 02:59 PM
Duke win was the 2019-20 season.

These are the seasons for the sanctions
2014-15
2015-16
2016-17
2017-18
2018-19

117 wins; 3 conference championships erased

How many tournament wins?

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 03:02 PM
1 tournament win against West Virginia.

FormerPokeCenter
May 20th, 2020, 03:05 PM
The guy who ****ed around on the grades is still SFA faculty but not employed by the AD. He’s going to get publicly named in a note by Ivey this week and hopefully president Gordon will fire his ass. It sucks but Ivey did the right thing in self reporting. We will move on from this, but it’ll be sad to see the banners in the coliseum come down

Will it hurt more than the late 90's football.playoff wins being voided did?..

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 03:38 PM
Sources: The NCAA Division I Council voted to approve voluntary athletic activities in football, MBB and WBB to start June 1st and go through June 30th. There had been a moratorium on that through May 31st. Other sports will be acted on on a later date.

Wildcat1997
May 20th, 2020, 04:02 PM
Eight Wildcat Teams celebrate perfect APRs for 2018-19:

Abilene Christian's women's basketball, men's cross country, men's golf, women's soccer, men's and women's tennis, men's track and field, and women's volleyball posted perfect 1,000 APR (Academic Progress Rate) scores during the 2018-19 academic year.

Wildcat tennis in addition to men's golf and men's cross country additionally were recognized last week by the NCAA for maintaining a multiyear (four year) APR of 1,000, placing them in the 90th-100th percentile. Women's basketball, soccer and volleyball were close behind at 995.

Men's and women's track and field, women's cross country and men's basketball have multiyear APRs in the 980s. Baseball (961), football (965) and softball (984) each posted 2018-19 APR scores well above their current multiyear numbers.

"This APR report is very encouraging and a positive reflection of everyone's hard work and due diligence," said ACU's Senior Associate AD for Administration Chris Ballard. "Maintaining a high APR is a university-wide effort and it's pleasing to see the majority of our team's scores are above the national averages. Even the few teams on the lower end of our APR spectrum have made tremendous academic gains the last two years. We're in very good shape as an institution."

For example, both men's basketball and track and field rank in the 70th-80th percentile with respective scores of 981 and 989, which are well above average in the Division I, Private School and FCS categories. The average FCS men's basketball team has a multiyear APR of 963, and for men's track and field this number is a 971.

Overall, ten ACU teams are above average when comparing multiyear APR scores of FCS institutions. Women's basketball's multiyear APR is 14 points above the FCS average, soccer is +12, volleyball is +10 and women's track is +2.

All Wildcat teams rank above the 930 multiyear APR standard in order to avoid penalties, which can include a ban on postseason play.

APR scores are available for 14 of ACU's 15 varsity teams with beach volleyball – established in 2018 – as the lone exception.

Wildcat1997
May 20th, 2020, 04:04 PM
Also just as a side note our football team GPA is the highest ever in the D1 era at 3.12. I'm glad Dorrel has righted the ship there because a couple of years back it was looking really bad. Like NCAA sanctions if nothing had been done about it bad.

McNeese75
May 20th, 2020, 04:11 PM
Ryan Ivey is a good guy and will get the SFA ship back upright. There will more than likely be some player flight from the program as a result of the sanctions but damage control will lie with the coaching staff.

WestCoastAggie
May 20th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Sources: The NCAA Division I Council voted to approve voluntary athletic activities in football, MBB and WBB to start June 1st and go through June 30th. There had been a moratorium on that through May 31st. Other sports will be acted on on a later date.

Great info but what’s the link?

Outsider1
May 20th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Still trying to get ours up from 929.... Not happy with 938, but we are slowly moving in the right direction. SFA will get past this but it's going to be rough couple of years.

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 04:38 PM
It was from Pete Thamel take it for what it is worth.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1263189960573796352?s=20 (https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1263189960573796352?s=20)

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 04:52 PM
Still trying to get ours up from 929.... Not happy with 938, but we are slowly moving in the right direction. SFA will get past this but it's going to be rough couple of years.

Yeah, we'll get over the rough couple of years for football, that we are used to.

FOOTBALL
2019 3-9
2018 2-9
2017 4-7
2016 5-6
2015 4-7
2014 8-5
2013 3-9

It's our bread and butter basketball, that's the killer.

BEAR
May 20th, 2020, 06:25 PM
Yeah, we'll get over the rough couple of years for football, that we are used to.

FOOTBALL
2019 3-9
2018 2-9
2017 4-7
2016 5-6
2015 4-7
2014 8-5
2013 3-9

Man I didn’t realize it’s gotten that bad for SFA! I still remember the late 00s when Jeremy Moses was slinging it. Ugh. Get the ship right again Axemen!

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 06:41 PM
247sports now reporting

https://247sports.com/Article/NCAA-approves-athletic-activities-to-resume-in-three-sports-coronavirus-pandemic-147348280/

Outsider1
May 20th, 2020, 06:45 PM

FOOTBALL
2019 3-9
2018 2-9
2017 4-7
2016 5-6
2015 4-7
2014 8-5
2013 3-9

I meant more than football. It's going to affect the whole school.

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 07:16 PM
Well, again except for a few seasons in the late 1980's, the mid 1990's and the late 2000's, SFA has never been that consistent in winning in football, or having ever established a dynasty.

I would rank the programs at SFA in recent success as the following

Bowling
Men's Basketball
Men's and Women's Track
Volleyball
Women's Basketball
Softball
Soccer
Cross Country
Football
Golf
Baseball (I mean we use the city baseball complex for our home games. Always an up hill battle to recruit for baseball without a campus baseball facility)

So as you can see the sanctions against the football and baseball programs are not going to knock them down much worse than they already are.

Now you could say Coach Carthel is building something and this will hurt what he is building, and with all the players reinstated who were out in 2019 due to the academics, and the back to back recruiting classes in place, all the returning freshmen with a year under their belt, this 2020 team was posed to maybe make some noise this season, and maybe they still will, depending on who will now return in June.

It should be interesting.

katss07
May 20th, 2020, 08:44 PM
If it weren’t for HBU, SFA would be the worst D1 program in Texas!

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 10:46 PM
They always forget about Texas Southern.

Puddin Tane
May 20th, 2020, 11:31 PM
Eight Wildcat Teams celebrate perfect APRs for 2018-19:

Abilene Christian's women's basketball, men's cross country, men's golf, women's soccer, men's and women's tennis, men's track and field, and women's volleyball posted perfect 1,000 APR (Academic Progress Rate) scores during the 2018-19 academic year.

Wildcat tennis in addition to men's golf and men's cross country additionally were recognized last week by the NCAA for maintaining a multiyear (four year) APR of 1,000, placing them in the 90th-100th percentile. Women's basketball, soccer and volleyball were close behind at 995.

Men's and women's track and field, women's cross country and men's basketball have multiyear APRs in the 980s. Baseball (961), football (965) and softball (984) each posted 2018-19 APR scores well above their current multiyear numbers.

"This APR report is very encouraging and a positive reflection of everyone's hard work and due diligence," said ACU's Senior Associate AD for Administration Chris Ballard. "Maintaining a high APR is a university-wide effort and it's pleasing to see the majority of our team's scores are above the national averages. Even the few teams on the lower end of our APR spectrum have made tremendous academic gains the last two years. We're in very good shape as an institution."

For example, both men's basketball and track and field rank in the 70th-80th percentile with respective scores of 981 and 989, which are well above average in the Division I, Private School and FCS categories. The average FCS men's basketball team has a multiyear APR of 963, and for men's track and field this number is a 971.

Overall, ten ACU teams are above average when comparing multiyear APR scores of FCS institutions. Women's basketball's multiyear APR is 14 points above the FCS average, soccer is +12, volleyball is +10 and women's track is +2.

All Wildcat teams rank above the 930 multiyear APR standard in order to avoid penalties, which can include a ban on postseason play.

APR scores are available for 14 of ACU's 15 varsity teams with beach volleyball – established in 2018 – as the lone exception.

Lamar’s overall was good, also.

https://lamarcardinals.com/news/2020/5/19/general-cardinals-post-strong-apr-numbers.aspx

somebody help pokecenter with the big words....and i guess just read it to a jack.

GO CARDS!

SFA 93
May 20th, 2020, 11:37 PM
Good for the Cards and the Wildcats.

FormerPokeCenter
May 21st, 2020, 08:41 AM
Lamar’s overall was good, also.

https://lamarcardinals.com/news/2020/5/19/general-cardinals-post-strong-apr-numbers.aspx

somebody help pokecenter with the big words....and i guess just read it to a jack.

GO CARDS!

Nice e e cummings impersonation, but somehow - since you're a Lamar fan - I doubt it's an intentional homage. This is the best week in Lamar history. They finally moved past somebody in the standings other than HBU...

McCowboys
May 21st, 2020, 09:25 AM

What about the championship rings on the fingers of the athletes, including many who we know now were ineligible?

SFA 93
May 21st, 2020, 10:08 AM
Honestly I don't know about that, I doubt it.

We here in Texas have a banner for that, and it's never coming down.

https://www.usflags.com/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/dcb81d4ae761db357a9a38181bc1eb2e/g/o/gonzales_banner3a.jpg

citdog
May 21st, 2020, 11:12 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS83eiyu9FLlwOJWIY4D5jLInDb0OM bfd_YzAfH4gMaxSV8LDRK&usqp=CAU

FormerPokeCenter
May 21st, 2020, 12:28 PM
What about the championship rings on the fingers of the athletes, including many who we know now were ineligible?

All that bling is now relegated to the same status as the Sam Houston National Runner Up tee shirts the poor kids in Africa are wearing...

cx500d
May 21st, 2020, 02:12 PM
All that bling is now relegated to the same status as the Sam Houston National Runner Up tee shirts the poor kids in Africa are wearing...
There are none in Africa; those were all snapped up in Huntsville.

BEAR
May 23rd, 2020, 05:40 PM
Any new news from anyone’s teams?

SFA 93
May 24th, 2020, 09:23 AM
SFA WR Calvin Clater 6-3; 205 (Jr.) to SLU

G:13;REC:25;YDS:346;TD:0

No, this has nothing to do with the post season band, he had already left the team a few months ago.

He said he was transferring to Univ. of Ohio but I guess not.

His highlight reel

https://youtu.be/Rnqh25FsD4A

lionsrking2
May 24th, 2020, 12:12 PM
SFA WR Calvin Clater 6-3; 205 (Jr.) to SLU

G:13;REC:25;YDS:346;TD:0

No, this has nothing to do with the post season band, he had already left the team a few months ago.

He said he was transferring to Univ. of Ohio but I guess not.

His highlight reel

https://youtu.be/Rnqh25FsD4A

This one is more impressive ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FuFtEkbpZc

SFA 93
May 24th, 2020, 03:43 PM
Clater benefitted from the absence of Tamrick Pace last season and he had two good games against Nichols with 5 catches for 80 yards and at Lamar with 3 catches for 143 yards.

He has the size and skills and two more years to play, so he may become a big play maker for the Lions.

Cater has had quite the journey out of Fort Worth committing to SFA, decommitting, committing to Texas State, decommitting, committing to Umass, decommitting, signing with Bowling Green, redshirting, transferring to SFA, playing 13 games, transferring to Univ. of Ohio, changing mind committing to SLU.

lionsrking2
May 24th, 2020, 04:17 PM
Clater benefitted from the absence of Tamrick Pace last season and he had two good games against Nichols with 5 catches for 80 yards and at Lamar with 3 catches for 143 yards.

He has the size and skills and two more years to play, so he may become a big play maker for the Lions.

Cater has had quite the journey out of Fort Worth committing to SFA, decommitting, committing to Texas State, decommitting, committing to Umass, decommitting, signing with Bowling Green, redshirting, transferring to SFA, playing 13 games, transferring to Univ. of Ohio, changing mind committing to SLU.

We'll see if he shows up. He has the physical ability to flourish in our offense.

BEAR
May 26th, 2020, 12:15 PM
https://www.southland.org/news/2020/5/25/general-new-orleans-and-central-arkansas-receive-southland-institutional-awards.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3DD2sxa4GeJLY1u_NeNhEJMegPZ qFouZcYOx-EzfEegcYKo_9X_qgWDnE

NEW ORLEANS AND CENTRAL ARKANSAS RECEIVE SOUTHLAND INSTITUTIONAL AWARDS
Among the Privateers service this year, they participated in an initiative called #NOLAsTeam is Blessed to be a Blessing. SAAC partnered with the local non-profit organization called Blessed to be a Blessing and pledge to donate 504 (the New Orleans area code) “Blessing Bags” to the homeless.

For the 2018-19 academic year, UCA had eight teams post perfect 1,000 APR scores, and had a 990 average score for all 18 programs. For the four-year period of 2015-16 through 2018-19, UCA averaged 986 with four programs recording perfect scores.

SFA 93
May 26th, 2020, 08:53 PM
The Bear’s Den Pizza. They were on TV tonight, Gordon Ramsey.

BEAR
May 26th, 2020, 09:40 PM
The Bear’s Den Pizza. They were on TV tonight, Gordon Ramsey.

That’s a rerun. Nasty place. I still won’t go there. Even Ramsey can’t fix that place. I got to see Gordon work his stuff one of those days he was there. Freakin genius in his chef skills and organization skills. Wish we had a Frosty Factory or something similar.

SFA 93
May 26th, 2020, 10:06 PM
lol sorry I rarely watch main stream TV anymore, I guess everything is a rerun now.

I agree the pizza looked nasty.

I read somewhere that a majority of the places Ramsey tries to help just revert back to their old ways and go out of business, that it's rare that any of these establishments actually turn it around.

SFA 93
May 26th, 2020, 10:23 PM
Back to football

CB: #4 Willie Roberts (SFA) decides to enter the transfer portal.

Roberts played all 12 games as a true freshman for the 2019 season.
G:12;TKL:38;TFL:1.0;FR:1;PBU:7;INT:3

lionsrking2
May 26th, 2020, 10:29 PM
Our Mom's, a sandwich/burger restaurant in downtown Hammond, La. was on The Cooking Channel's Food Paradise back in April. Great food, no doubt, though I like Blackened Brew better, also in downtown Hammond. Hammond has a lot of great places to eat.

Starts around the 13:48 mark, after the first commercial break
https://watch.cookingchanneltv.com/tv-shows/food-paradise/full-episodes/craving-comfort? (https://watch.cookingchanneltv.com/tv-shows/food-paradise/full-episodes/craving-comfort?)

cx500d
May 27th, 2020, 06:17 AM
Back to football

CB: #4 Willie Roberts(SFA) decides to enter the transfer portal.

Roberts played all 12 games as a true freshman for the 2019 season.
G:12;TKL:38;TFL:1.0;FR:1;PBU:7;INT:3

Two nouns not commonly used together

SFA 93
June 2nd, 2020, 08:33 AM
4 SLC teams make the 2020 AthlonSports FCS Preseason Top 25

#11 UCA
#14 Nicholls
#16 SHSU
#17 SLU

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/athlon-sports-preseason-fcs-top-25-2020

BEAR
June 2nd, 2020, 09:21 AM
If our teams don’t get some practice in then it won’t matter who’s ranked what and predicted where because team chemistry means everything. That and player conditioning.

SFA 93
June 4th, 2020, 11:42 AM
Former McNeese DB Coach Marcus Walker has been hired by SFA Head Coach Colby Carthel.

Coach Walker fills the position left vacant by the departure of Coach Freddie Banks to Nevada.

Daytripper
June 4th, 2020, 02:36 PM
Sam Houston begins the process of athletes returning to campus. It starts June 15th.

https://gobearkats.com/news/2020/6/4/football-bearkat-athletics-announces-plans-to-return-to-campus.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3RyuEZlx-v6MwYZeOf6Np13sgOGNQ8aOsM0gboCAzp9DPbC5FC0k_a11k

cx500d
June 4th, 2020, 03:11 PM
Sam Houston begins the process of athletes returning to campus. It starts June 15th.

https://gobearkats.com/news/2020/6/4/football-bearkat-athletics-announces-plans-to-return-to-campus.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3RyuEZlx-v6MwYZeOf6Np13sgOGNQ8aOsM0gboCAzp9DPbC5FC0k_a11k

Hopefully they haven't been hitting the pork rinds and Lays as hard as they normall do.

SFA 93
June 5th, 2020, 11:17 AM
SFA athletes return June 29th

BEAR
June 5th, 2020, 11:46 AM
SFA athletes return June 29th

wait. 29th? Aren’t some already there working out? I thought even high schools had returned already! Well in some form or another.

Katfan
June 5th, 2020, 01:43 PM
wait. 29th? Aren’t some already there working out? I thought even high schools had returned already! Well in some form or another.
My grandsons high school starts next Monday

cx500d
June 5th, 2020, 02:13 PM
Is it year round schedule?

BEAR
June 5th, 2020, 03:02 PM
It took a virus but UA-Fayetteville has now relaxed it’s policy of playing in-state schools. Football is off the table for now because it’s scheduled 5 years in advance but it’s a start.

FAYETTEVILLE — The University of Arkansas is expanding its policy of playing in-state universities in sports to include Arkansas State University and the University of Central Arkansas.

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2020/jun/05/razorback-coaches-given-ok-schedule-arkansas-state/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Northwest_Arkansas_Democrat-Gazette&fbclid=IwAR3M74cELsdiYreIuqHGsYc230hQYGmMfvfmZKgNx 9G0rdQjoGUzT6cLXUg

BEAR
June 5th, 2020, 03:20 PM

My boys both play and they only get the weeks off mandated by the state athletic association. If they aren’t team practices then it’s weights or conditioning. Constant workouts. I’ve pretty much accepted getting them there at 6 a.m. and picking them up around 6:30 pm every weekday then trips to the fitness center on Saturdays. xlolx Freakin preworkout amino powders and whey post practice shakes with peanut butter by the case is COSTLY! xlolx

SFA 93
June 5th, 2020, 07:56 PM
Yes, some SFA football players have been working out on campus voluntarily.

But June 29th will be the first official day back with all the players together.

SFA 93
June 8th, 2020, 07:19 AM
SFA getting back 2X All-SLC WR Tamrick Pace

https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/1269772551007453187?s=20https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/1269772551007453187?s=20

Pace and Gibson combo.

Katfan
June 8th, 2020, 05:59 PM
Is it year round schedule?
No it’s speed camp. It’s the traditional conditioning program most schools in Texas have each summer before actual team practices

cx500d
June 8th, 2020, 06:30 PM
No it’s speed camp. It’s the traditional conditioning program most schools in Texas have each summer before actual team practices
OK, I misunderstood; I thought you meant actual high school was starting, not just high school practices.

Daytripper
June 11th, 2020, 01:00 PM
SHSU cornerback Zyon McCollum getting some hype.... https://www.profootballnetwork.com/sam-houston-state-corner-zyon-mccollum-fcs-new-ballhawk/

Daytripper
June 19th, 2020, 07:57 AM
Sam Houston poaches the Austin Peay president to replace Dr. Dana Hoyt, who is retiring. I hope she is a supporter of athletics. https://www.shsu.edu/today@sam/T@S/article/2020/sole-finalist-president?fbclid=IwAR2hx34fAAU9QumMWdT3cW88kntM7xG 1d8eb-Ho4GQTllaQoxS9RXh6GTgo

cx500d
June 19th, 2020, 08:22 AM
Sam Houston poaches the Austin Peay president to replace Dr. Dana Hoyt, who is retiring. I hope she is a supporter of athletics. https://www.shsu.edu/today@sam/T@S/article/2020/sole-finalist-president?fbclid=IwAR2hx34fAAU9QumMWdT3cW88kntM7xG 1d8eb-Ho4GQTllaQoxS9RXh6GTgo

I assume Austin Peay's rise was under her tenure?

Daytripper
June 19th, 2020, 08:26 AM
I assume Austin Peay's rise was under her tenure?

i'm assuming so. Their improvement in football has been pretty recent and I'm assuming she has been there for at least a few years.

cx500d
June 19th, 2020, 08:30 AM
i'm assuming so. Their improvement in football has been pretty recent and I'm assuming she has been there for at least a few years.
I would hope your new prez had a little tenure prior to Sam Houston picking her.

Regardless she's taking credit for it...

"...During her tenure as president of APSU, the university has experienced record enrollment growth, added new academic programs, increased its endowment, completed several large capital projects, and elevated its athletic program."

Daytripper
June 19th, 2020, 08:58 AM
I would hope your new prez had a little tenure prior to Sam Houston picking her.

Regardless she's taking credit for it...

"...During her tenure as president of APSU, the university has experienced record enrollment growth, added new academic programs, increased its endowment, completed several large capital projects, and elevated its athletic program."

We have had a good track record of picking presidents. Dr. James Gaertner hired Willie Fritz in 2010 as one of the last acts as president. Dr. Dana Hoyt hired Keeler to replace him. They have also had a good record of hiring baseball coaches.

cx500d
June 19th, 2020, 09:03 AM
We have had a good track record of picking presidents. Dr. James Gaertner hired Willie Fritz in 2010 as one of the last acts as president. Dr. Dana Hoyt hired Keeler to replace him. They have also had a good record of hiring baseball coaches.
Richard Linklater?

Daytripper
June 19th, 2020, 09:20 AM
Richard Linklater?

One of my favorite almost alums.

cx500d
June 19th, 2020, 09:53 AM
One of my favorite almost alums.
The SHSU baseball movie was funny. Not as good as Dazed and Confused, but pretty good.

SFA 93
June 22nd, 2020, 08:04 AM
Future SFA Scheduled games

2024 @Montana State
2025 Montana State (Sept. 13), @Kansas ($450K payday)

Daytripper
June 22nd, 2020, 09:43 AM
Future SFA Scheduled games

2024 @Montana State
2025 Montana State (Sept. 13), @Kansas ($450K payday)

Nice home and home with MSU.

SFA 93
June 22nd, 2020, 11:14 AM
Yes, it was a great home and home back in 2012-2013 as well.

2012 SFA vs. @#3 Montana State L: 35-43 (17,147)
2013 SFA vs. Montana State W: 52-38 (9,433)

SFA 93
June 30th, 2020, 08:06 AM
Coming back

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbtKxZuXgAENhcw?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbtKx1dWkAIgACG?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbtKyPRWkAQCEWb?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbtKynxWkAAJfiR?format=jpg&name=large

BEAR
June 30th, 2020, 09:02 AM
Man it's good to see players coming back! xthumbsupx

Saw a large crew of power-washers in the stands the other day. Cleaning and refreshing the seating areas.

FormerPokeCenter
June 30th, 2020, 11:10 AM
Y'all clean the stadium, but you don't replace that abomination you call a football field? What kinda epilepsy-inducing fan experience are y'all running up there??

BEAR
June 30th, 2020, 01:32 PM
Y'all clean the stadium, but you don't replace that abomination you call a football field? What kinda epilepsy-inducing fan experience are y'all running up there??

Hey it's known to cure cancer, restore old car finishes to like new, and bring conference trophies to the university. xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
June 30th, 2020, 01:35 PM
Conference Championship trophies? ****, I forgot what those look like!

BEAR
June 30th, 2020, 02:00 PM

xlolx

Our video guy has collected his rings...xlolx

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbirWYAWAAIlU58?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ES2q17sXsAwThTn?format=jpg&name=medium

SFA 93
July 1st, 2020, 01:28 PM
2019 Football Attendance numbers

McNeese: 10878
SFA: 8324
UCA: 7942
ACU: 7882
Lamar: 7173
Nicholls: 6870
NW State: 6624
SELA: 6531
SHSU: 4878
UIW: 3274
HBU: 2322

McNeese75
July 1st, 2020, 04:56 PM

Yep, pathetic across the board. xnodx

lionsrking2
July 1st, 2020, 05:24 PM
You must be counting playoffs. We averaged 7002 for the regular season.

Daytripper
July 1st, 2020, 08:16 PM

Shameful.

BEAR
July 1st, 2020, 08:16 PM

Not fair. You guys have alcohol everywhere. It’s scary stuff to our campus administrators. xlolx

SFA 93
July 1st, 2020, 08:42 PM
SFA adds Mississippi Valley State to their 2021 schedule.

FormerPokeCenter
July 1st, 2020, 09:02 PM
Not fair. You guys have alcohol everywhere. It’s scary stuff to our campus administrators. xlolx

Even with alcohol, we're just a shell of our former selves....

McNeese72
July 2nd, 2020, 09:16 AM

True this!!! I can remember when it was close to near sellouts every game.

Doc

cx500d
July 2nd, 2020, 09:19 AM
I can't imagine they would allow Dixie beer there anymore.

FormerPokeCenter
July 2nd, 2020, 10:47 AM
True this!!! I can remember when it was close to near sellouts every game.

Doc

I went and looked at historical attendance figures and got depressed with how far we've fallen...there seems to be only one way out of the current morass...we need to win more....

lionsrking2
July 2nd, 2020, 10:53 AM
I can't imagine they would allow Dixie beer there anymore.

Since you mentioned it ...

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/eat-drink/article_54669116-ba2e-11ea-8fd9-3b584200b027.html

cx500d
July 2nd, 2020, 11:10 AM

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/eat-drink/article_54669116-ba2e-11ea-8fd9-3b584200b027.html

Of course, I figured that would happen. I wonder if they've torn all the signs down yet. Have they sent the PC police after all the neon Dixie signs in every bar and peoples houses?

cx500d
July 2nd, 2020, 11:15 AM

"Birch said the process to select a new name begins today, and should last through the summer. "

I heard this is a popular name and logo to consider: Fighting Hawk Beer - We may be flat, but we sure are bland!"

https://knoxradio.com/application/files/1615/3548/4153/MASCOT.jpg

FormerPokeCenter
July 2nd, 2020, 01:07 PM

So the word Dixie can be traced back to the old south...first, you've got the area south of the Mason/Dixon line....and then you've got the $10 note that was issued by the Citizens Bank of Louisiana, that had the French word for 10 on the back..."Dix"...and from there Dixie is no great stretch of the imagination...

I have some friends who use the word "Hundie" to talk about a hundred dollar bill. I think it sounds stupid, but that's a whole other conversation. But, back to the matter at hand. The Bensons tried to infuse some capital in New Orleans East by building their new brewery there. New Orleans East is mostly Black, so it shouldn't come as any great surprise why the Bensons thought that they should probably change the name. I like the way the article pointed out that wholesalers objected to the name. It's one of those things were people are ignorant of history and so automatically assume a causal link between things that are unrelated. I understand why people might associate the name Dixie with the slave holding states of the south, but that's ignorant of history.

I just hope the name change works better than when the Zephyrs changed their name to the Baby Cakes....God that sucked.

I don't drink a whole lotta beer, but when I do, I actively look for Dixie...just like I look for Lone Star when I'm in Texas...

cx500d
July 2nd, 2020, 03:44 PM
So the word Dixie can be traced back to the old south...first, you've got the area south of the Mason/Dixon line....and then you've got the $10 note that was issued by the Citizens Bank of Louisiana, that had the French word for 10 on the back..."Dix"...and from there Dixie is no great stretch of the imagination...

I have some friends who use the word "Hundie" to talk about a hundred dollar bill. I think it sounds stupid, but that's a whole other conversation. But, back to the matter at hand. The Bensons tried to infuse some capital in New Orleans East by building their new brewery there. New Orleans East is mostly Black, so it shouldn't come as any great surprise why the Bensons thought that they should probably change the name. I like the way the article pointed out that wholesalers objected to the name. It's one of those things were people are ignorant of history and so automatically assume a causal link between things that are unrelated. I understand why people might associate the name Dixie with the slave holding states of the south, but that's ignorant of history.

I just hope the name change works better than when the Zephyrs changed their name to the Baby Cakes....God that sucked.

I don't drink a whole lotta beer, but when I do, I actively look for Dixie...just like I look for Lone Star when I'm in Texas...

The baby cakes left the building anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FormerPokeCenter
July 2nd, 2020, 03:56 PM
Thank God....that was the worst ****ing sports name in the history of sports names....

Puddin Tane
July 3rd, 2020, 09:03 PM

try 1971...197frickin1....but weve beaten sam 2 straight years, and our ladies play a mean game of that odd soccer thing

SFA 93
July 5th, 2020, 05:04 PM
https://dbukjj6eu5tsf.cloudfront.net/goccusports.com/images/2019/9/5/Jeremiah_Miller_vs_EMU_1_8_31_19_CCUMR.jpg
WR: Jeremiah Miller 6-0; 195 Monroe, North Carolina (Sun Valley/Coastal Carolina) to SFA

- Played in 22 games (15 starts)
- REC:40; YDS:520; TD:2

Puddin Tane
July 11th, 2020, 02:41 PM
My gawd, its fricking hot

cx500d
July 11th, 2020, 02:48 PM
My gawd, its fricking hot
OK, I'll bite: How hot is it?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/4d/d5/e54dd5497644704b85a12406aba2661f.jpg

https://pics.me.me/how-hot-is-it-hot-as-balls-indeed-59377775.png

Puddin Tane
July 11th, 2020, 07:02 PM
OK, I'll bite: How hot is it?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/4d/d5/e54dd5497644704b85a12406aba2661f.jpg

https://pics.me.me/how-hot-is-it-hot-as-balls-indeed-59377775.png

its the “why do we live here” part of summer.

Puddin Tane
July 11th, 2020, 07:32 PM
May have to load up a cooler, go down to the beach and contemplate

cx500d
July 12th, 2020, 05:29 PM
its the “why do we live here” part of summer.
Why anyone would live in Beaumont is a mystery

Here's one of your boys from Beaumont singing about how hot it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Cvinp1-jU

BEAR
July 13th, 2020, 08:18 AM
Southland Conference OOC games 2020: (played or not)

Austin Peay vs. Central Arkansas (in Montgomery, AL)
Mississippi College at Lamar
Southeastern La. at Tulane
Tarleton State at Sam Houston State
Abilene Christian at Texas A&M
Central Arkansas at Missouri
Houston Baptist at North Texas
McNeese at Louisiana
MVSU at Nicholls
Stephen F. Austin at Alabama A&M
MVSU at Sam Houston State
Northern Colorado at McNeese
Stephen F. Austin at SMU
Texas Wesleyan at Houston Baptist
Houston Baptist at Texas Southern
Southeastern La. at Jacksonville State
Incarnate Word at Baylor
Northwestern State at Tulsa
Lamar at Rice
Northwestern State at Prairie View A&M
Nicholls at LSU
Presbyterian at Incarnate Word
Southern Utah at Abilene Christian

BEAR
July 13th, 2020, 08:20 AM
UCA future OOC schedules:

2020: Austin Peay and Missouri
2021: Arkansas State, Missouri State, and UAPB
2022: Missouri State and Ole Miss
2023: Oklahoma State

Of the games listed I'm most excited to see Missouri State. We've had some nail biters the past few games with some dramatics to win them.

FormerPokeCenter
July 13th, 2020, 12:04 PM
Southland Conference OOC games 2020: (played or not)

Austin Peay vs. Central Arkansas (in Montgomery, AL)
Mississippi College at Lamar
Southeastern La. at Tulane
Tarleton State at Sam Houston State
Abilene Christian at Texas A&M
Central Arkansas at Missouri
Houston Baptist at North Texas
McNeese at UL-Lafayette
MVSU at Nicholls
Stephen F. Austin at Alabama A&M
MVSU at Sam Houston State
Northern Colorado at McNeese
Stephen F. Austin at SMU
Texas Wesleyan at Houston Baptist
Houston Baptist at Texas Southern
Southeastern La. at Jacksonville State
Incarnate Word at Baylor
Northwestern State at Tulsa
Lamar at Rice
Northwestern State at Prairie View A&M
Nicholls at LSU
Presbyterian at Incarnate Word
Southern Utah at Abilene Christian

Fixed yer post. Referring to UL@L as "Louisiana" is a pretty egregious rules violation. That's the kinda stuff that generally renders one dead to me.

BEAR
July 13th, 2020, 12:33 PM
Fixed yer post. Referring to UL@L as "Louisiana" is a pretty egregious rules violation. That's the kinda stuff that generally renders one dead to me.

Ha! xlolx I copied that name from a website that listed them as such. https://fbschedules.com/southland-conference-football-schedule/

Puddin Tane
July 13th, 2020, 05:06 PM
Well, cuz once we get past hell week (or two or three), Its shorts weather except for hell week2 (winter). The thought of cold weather is what gets us through

Puddin Tane
July 13th, 2020, 05:08 PM
My son goes to UL. Hope this doesnt ruin our hate-hate relationship, but serves to make it stronger

Puddin Tane
July 13th, 2020, 05:12 PM
Andddd, what up with Lake Chuck? Went to Daryls a while back. couldn’t tell if i was in chuck or Baton Rouge with all the banners and colors. Support your own

cx500d
July 13th, 2020, 05:13 PM
My son goes to UL. Hope this doesnt ruin our hate-hate relationship, but serves to make it stronger
Just when I thought there was no way you could make someone from Beaumont dumber, you raise the bar by shipping your prodigy off to Louisiana for skoolin

Puddin Tane
July 13th, 2020, 05:20 PM
Just when I thought there was no way you could make someone from Beaumont dumber, you raise the bar by shipping your prodigy off to Louisiana for skoolin

He placed out of all bachelors course offerings at ndsu. Didnt want to start masters program in snowplow technology

cx500d
July 13th, 2020, 05:21 PM
He placed out of all bachelors course offerings at ndsu. Didnt want to start masters program in snowplow technology
aight, that there is funny

Puddin Tane
July 13th, 2020, 05:22 PM
If your gonna leave home for skool, gotta go with skool that has good mardi gras. Thats common knowledge

FormerPokeCenter
July 13th, 2020, 05:34 PM

Well, clearly, the only acceptable reason to send your kid to City College of Louisiana @ Lafayette is if his only other choice is Lamar. I can certainly understand your decision process and your predicament. You were screwed either way....Hopefully, this is the lesser of two evils...He may be stuck in Lafayette, but at least he's not in Beaumont, right?

I get it!

FormerPokeCenter
July 13th, 2020, 05:35 PM
Andddd, what up with Lake Chuck? Went to Daryls a while back. couldn’t tell if i was in chuck or Baton Rouge with all the banners and colors. Support your own

I wish I could say that I was surprised by a Lamar graduate's geographic stupidity, but...alas....having met a number of Lamar graduates, I'm not....

Puddin Tane
July 13th, 2020, 09:23 PM
This would be a classic “wannabe” case

I got my Lamar shirt at Lamar. You got your Lsu shirt at walmart.

Ive never met a mcneese grad. Are there any? Bound to be a support group somewhere.

FormerPokeCenter
July 13th, 2020, 09:33 PM
You got your Lamar shirt at Lamar?

I'm guessing it was because you lost a bet or something. Why else would anybody wear one of those things??

BEAR
July 14th, 2020, 02:43 PM
I gotta ask.

How will this financially hurt SLC teams if no season is played? It would put the hurt on UCA for sure but I think we would scrape by...barely. IMO.

What about any of the schools that might already be in a tough spot?

Daytripper
July 14th, 2020, 03:53 PM
I gotta ask.

How will this financially hurt SLC teams if no season is played? It would put the hurt on UCA for sure but I think we would scrape by...barely. IMO.

What about any of the schools that might already be in a tough spot?

I think SHSU is in a pretty good spot. While it would undoubtedly hurt, our outgoing president and AD remained fiscally conservative over the years. I've heard football season ticket sales are still doing fairly well. We will just have to see.

Rob Butler
July 17th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Well, clearly, the only acceptable reason to send your kid to City College of Louisiana @ Lafayette is if his only other choice is Lamar. I can certainly understand your decision process and your predicament. You were screwed either way....Hopefully, this is the lesser of two evils...He may be stuck in Lafayette, but at least he's not in Beaumont, right?

I get it!
You really are a jerk aren't you? Some people like living in Beaumont and are happy to have graduated from Lamar. I'm one of those people. I would never disrespect McNeese or Lake Charles - I actually like Lake Charles. Did you even finish college? A technical degree from SOWELA maybe? That's about your intellect.

cx500d
July 17th, 2020, 06:46 PM
You really are a jerk aren't you? Some people like living in Beaumont and are happy to have graduated from Lamar. I'm one of those people. I would never disrespect McNeese or Lake Charles - I actually like Lake Charles. Did you even finish college? A technical degree from SOWELA maybe? That's about your intellect.
Holy ****, grow some skin.... We bust each others balls. Puddin' gives as well as he takes.

FormerPokeCenter
July 17th, 2020, 06:53 PM

The first step toward recovery is to admit you have a problem. That was a bold move on your part. Now, with sufficient talk therapy, adherence to a 12-step program and intervention from a higher power, you, too, can kick the addiction to lowered expectations...

I'm not surprised that you like The Chuck, given where you currently live. I mean, LC has its issues, but at least it's not Beaumont, right? ;)

SFA 93
July 17th, 2020, 08:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdJ6ztsWoAMsdQh?format=png&name=small
https://twitter.com/CalebKTRE/status/1284244025999085568?s=20 (https://twitter.com/CalebKTRE/status/1284244025999085568?s=20)

https://twitter.com/CoachCarthel/status/1284234540706402304?s=20

https://twitter.com/SouthlandSports/status/1284216304447025152?s=20

SFA 93
July 21st, 2020, 10:15 AM
With the SWAC moving their season to the spring, that leaves a gap to fill in week 1 for SFA with Alabama A&M out.

Panther88
July 21st, 2020, 11:05 AM
With the SWAC moving their season to the spring, that leaves a gap to fill in week 1 for SFA with Alabama A&M out.

NwSt has to find another opponent other than PVAMU as well.

SFA 93
July 21st, 2020, 09:19 PM
SFA looking for a trip to Tuscaloosa for a big money game, as Bama needs a filler as well.

TCU is also an option.

SFA AD Ryan Ivey is on it.

BEAR
July 22nd, 2020, 10:20 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdiGSAwXYAA5dqN?format=jpg&name=small

BEAR
July 22nd, 2020, 10:21 AM
I'm sorry but that is a stout top 5. I would expect any of those to win it this year....if the season is held...xlolx

BEAR
July 22nd, 2020, 10:29 AM
The UCA indoor practice facility got a couple of big signs for recruits and active players to see when they come to campus. Nice. Hey anything will help with recruiting...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdZdnmUXsAYT1m-?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdZdnmPXoAU2t-v?format=jpg&name=small

BEAR
July 22nd, 2020, 10:35 AM
SLC commish said he is INTENT on playing this fall...but will monitor the situation. Sounds like good news so far!

https://katv.com/sports/content/uca-picked-to-win-southland-conference-intent-on-playing-this-fall

Panther88
July 22nd, 2020, 10:36 AM
SFA looking for a trip to Tuscaloosa for a big money game, as Bama needs a filler as well.

TCU is also an option.

SFA AD Ryan Ivey is on it.

la tech, tcu, and NwStLa were PV's OOC adversaries fall 2020.

All 3 dates for each will be available, for those who dare to skate the probable covid45 path.

Daytripper
July 22nd, 2020, 11:44 AM
I'm sorry but that is a stout top 5. I would expect any of those to win it this year....if the season is held...xlolx

Agree. The Southland depth has vastly improved over the last 3-4 years. If we can stay healthy, especially at QB, we should give the Bears all they can handle.

BEAR
July 22nd, 2020, 12:05 PM
Agree. The Southland depth has vastly improved over the last 3-4 years. If we can stay healthy, especially at QB, we should give the Bears all they can handle.

Yeah. I can see that. With the wins SHSU has had the past decade I always thought they were one of the tough teams for us to play. But what scares me even more than facing those top 4 teams in the conference is if our coaches DON'T play the talent we seem to have this year.
Last year we had ZERO run game which in turn caused our team to rely on the pass game (which was pretty good) and our defense..which was decent. That allowed our opponents to get on the field more and especially at the end of games our defense would be worn out but our offense would pick up. That made for close games that shouldn't have been.
You won't hear a thing from me if any of the other top 4 win the conference. They all have LEGIT shots at it.

Puddin Tane
July 22nd, 2020, 09:46 PM
Dont sleep on ACU

BEAR
July 23rd, 2020, 08:08 AM
Dont sleep on ACU

Yeah I def. think they could play the spoiler if they want. We survived them last year and Nicholls lost to them in overtime. They're a team right on the edge of being good but just haven't gotten over that hump.

SFA 93
July 23rd, 2020, 08:34 AM
They can't be that good, they struggle with SFA every year :)

BEAR
July 23rd, 2020, 09:53 AM
They can't be that good, they struggle with SFA every year :)

xlolx

BEAR
July 23rd, 2020, 10:32 AM
SLC teams:
Starters returning/Starters Lost

ACU: 11/11
UCA: 18/4
HBU: 15/7
UIW: 13/9
Lamar: 11/11
McNeese: 10/12
Nicholls: 13/9
NWST: 11/11
SHSU: 11/11
SLU: 11/11
SFA: 16/6

Southland vs FCS in 2019: 11-3

Southland vs FBS in 2019: 1-14 (UCA over Western Kentucky)

Southland vs. Non-Division I in 2019: 4-2

2019 Preseason Poll:Plus actual final standings

Rk. Team (first-place votes)........ Total
1. Nicholls (20) .............................. 200 (1T)
2. Central Arkansas ........................154 (1T)
3. UIW (1) .......................................150 (7)
4. Sam Houston State.....................146 (4)
5. Lamar.........................................123 (11)
6. McNeese .................................... 114 (5)
7. Abilene Christian (1).................... 112 (6)
8. Southeastern Louisiana ................71 (3)
9. Stephen F. Austin......................... 63 (9)
10. Northwestern State ..................... 56 (8)
11. Houston Baptist............................21 (10)

Big hits:

Nicholls lost QB Chase Fourcade to graduation.
ACU lost RB Tracy James to graduation.
NWST lost WR Quan Shorts to graduation.
SFA lost PK Storm Ruiz to graduation.
UCA lost OL Hunter Watts to graduation and a 3 million dollar NFL contract. xlolx
Nicholls lost DL Sully Laiche to graduation
Nicholls lost LB Allen Pittman to graduation.
UCA lost RB Carlos Blackman to graduation.
UCA lost DB Juan Jackson to graduation.

..and many others.

Nicholls returns RB Julien Gums (1232 yards and 16 TDS) and WR Dai'Jean Dixon (1044 yards in 6 games), also returns top olineman P.J. Burkhalter.

SFA 93
July 23rd, 2020, 11:09 AM
SFA also lost one of their top DB who has elected to transfer his senior season (Eli Jones) had 64 tackles 2.5 for a loss 2 INTs one returned for a TD and 7 PD in 2019.

Daytripper
July 23rd, 2020, 11:46 AM
SLC teams:
Starters returning/Starters Lost

ACU: 11/11
UCA: 18/4
HBU: 15/7
UIW: 13/9
Lamar: 11/11
McNeese: 10/12
Nicholls: 13/9
NWST: 11/11
SHSU: 11/11
SLU: 11/11
SFA: 16/6

Southland vs FCS in 2019: 11-3

Southland vs FBS in 2019: 1-14 (UCA over Western Kentucky)

Southland vs. Non-Division I in 2019: 4-2

2019 Preseason Poll:Plus actual final standings

Rk. Team (first-place votes)........ Total
1. Nicholls (20) .............................. 200 (1T)
2. Central Arkansas ........................154 (1T)
3. UIW (1) .......................................150 (7)
4. Sam Houston State.....................146 (4)
5. Lamar.........................................123 (11)
6. McNeese .................................... 114 (5)
7. Abilene Christian (1).................... 112 (6)
8. Southeastern Louisiana ................71 (3)
9. Stephen F. Austin......................... 63 (9)
10. Northwestern State ..................... 56 (8)
11. Houston Baptist............................21 (10)

Big hits:

Nicholls lost QB Chase Fourcade to graduation.
ACU lost RB Tracy James to graduation.
NWST lost WR Quan Shorts to graduation.
SFA lost PK Storm Ruiz to graduation.
UCA lost OL Hunter Watts to graduation and a 3 million dollar NFL contract. xlolx
Nicholls lost DL Sully Laiche to graduation
Nicholls lost LB Allen Pittman to graduation.
UCA lost RB Carlos Blackman to graduation.
UCA lost DB Juan Jackson to graduation.

..and many others.

Nicholls returns RB Julien Gums (1232 yards and 16 TDS) and WR Dai'Jean Dixon (1044 yards in 6 games), also returns top olineman P.J. Burkhalter.

Good info! SHSU lost almost their entire LB corp. But our D-line and D-backs are strong.

BEAR
July 23rd, 2020, 12:04 PM
SFA also lost one of their top DB who has elected to transfer his senior season (Eli Jones) had 64 tackles 2.5 for a loss 2 INTs one returned for a TD and 7 PD in 2019.

Ouch. I'm thinking one of the biggest hits of the year was Nicholls losing Chase Fourcade.

McNeese72
July 23rd, 2020, 12:59 PM
McNeese might have lost more than any of the other teams in the off season. We lost a lot of seniors, then we lost a whole coaching staff. Then we lost a chance at the post season this season. And then because of the coaching staff change and the post season ban, we have some players who decided to go into the transfer portal or just quit playing football all together.

If we have a season, it is going to be an interesting ride this season.

If could be like that old Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times!"

Doc

SFA 93
July 23rd, 2020, 01:49 PM
Here is a quick rundown of what SFA has going for them this season.

Question marks will be the full return of Tamrick Pace and Alize Ward with their injuries may being career ending.

Ward more likely done.

2020 Season (SFA)

At QB SFA returns starter Trae Self 6-4; 200 (Jr.) who passed for 2,550 yards on 212 completions with 12TDs passing, 2 rushing and 12 INTs. Backup QB Cam Arnold 6-1; 210 (So.) also returns having passed for 433 yards on 35 completions with 3TDs passing, 2 rushing and 3 INTs.

On the offensive line SFA is rebuilding (again) returning only 4 linemen out of a squad of 24 who actually saw any action in 2019. 14 of those 24 are listed as freshmen. The Jacks did bring in a few JUCO transfers to sure things up with the lack of experience up front with PJ Braun 6-5; 300 (Jr.) Jaden Holmes 6-5; 300 (So.) and Drew Beymer 6-8; 330 (Jr.). They will be join returning starters Zach Ingram 6-7; 290 (Sr.) Terrin Robinson 6-7; 310 (Jr.) and Keegan Holm 6-4; 315 (So.)

Look for a steady dose of senior running backs Da’Leon Ward 5-10; 190 and Josh McGowen 5-10; 225. Ward returns after suffering a season ending injury 7 games into the 2019 season where he combined for 696 yards and 2 TDs in total offense. His counterpart McGowen combined for 576 yards and 7 TDs ending the season at Northwestern State with a career game of 156 yards and 2 TDs.

At receiver SFA returns seniors Tamrick Pace 6-3; 195 and Remi Simmons 5-11; 185 and preseason all-conference player, sophomore Xavier Gibson 5-9; 175. Pace played in just 1 game after waiting to get cleared for academics during the 2019 season, catching 6 passes for 63 yards before suffering a season ending injury against Sam Houston State. The three time all conference player looks to rebound in 2020, with many school receiving records within his reach. Add sophomore speedster Lawton Rikel 6-1; 185, Coastal Carolina junior transfer Jeremiah Miller 6-0; 195 and returning starter at TE Allen Arcles III 6-4; 235 (Sr.) into the mix.

With the departure of placekicker Storm Ruiz, arguably one of the best to ever play at that position for the Jacks, SFA will look to fill that position with possible candidates being returning sophomore KO specialist Alex Schrag 5-10; 180. At punter Max Quick (So.) returns, who, was the #2 punter in the conference, with an average of 43 yards per punt. Storm Ruiz’s brother Chase Ruiz 5-10; 245 (So.) returns at LS.

On the defensive side of the ball we have returning sophomores, starting defensive ends Marcus Mosley Jr. 6-0; 255 and Amad Murray 6-3; 245 who combined for a total of 87 tackles 18 for a loss and 6.5 sacks as well as several QBH. Behind them are several backups to come off the bench with Baylor transfers BJ Thompson 6-6; 222 (Jr.) and Marje Smith 6-4; 225 (Jr.) as well as returning sophomores Terrance Wair 6-1; 230, Josh Collins 6-6; 225 and Chance Hill 6-4; 235.

In the middle we see the return of two senior linemen Rayshad Nichols 6-3; 305 and Larron Cox 6-2; 290 who had to sit out the entire 2019 season due to academic issues. Both have combined for 90 tackles 14 for a loss and 6 sacks. Also looking to contribute are returning players Carl Williams 6-2; 310 (So.) Rason Williams II 6-4; 260 (So.) and UMass transfer Dennis Osagiede 6-0; 290 (Jr.)

Returning linebackers Bert Morris 6-1; 230 (Sr.) Kirkland Joseph 6-0; 215 (Sr.) Gerard McKnight 6-2; 220 (So.) DaRyan Williams 5-11; 220 (So.) and Brevin Randle 5-11; 228 (So.) look to be a solid group. McKnight was the most productive of the true freshmen, before a season ending injury, where he started in 8 games with 47 tackles 3 for a loss 1 sack and 3 QBH. All three freshmen linebackers played a combined 32 games in 2019. Added to the mix is Arizona transfer DayDay Coleman 6-2; 220 (Jr.)

The secondary looks to be the strongest returning unit for the Lumberjacks for 2020. In 2019 SFA had the #1 pass defense (235 yards a game) and #2 in pass defense effic. (120.2). Secondary coach Freddie Banks did an amazing job in turning around a secondary that was among the worst in the country. He has since departed for the Univ. of Nevada to join Jay Norvell’s staff and the Wolfpack. Ex McNeese State CB coach Marcus Walker has now filled that position. Walker will have the luxury of a senior filled unit starting with returning seniors Aretavious Hendrix 6-1; 192 (Sr.) and Caleb Lawton 5-11; 185 (Sr.) along with returning sophomores Willie Roberts 5-10; 180 who as a true freshman saw action in all 12 games, had 7 PD (#5 in the conference) and 3 INTs along with 38 tackles and Myles Brooks 6-1; 190 who had 6 PD and 1 INT along with 23 tackles.

At safety we have two of the best in the conference in starting seniors Trenton Gordon 5-11; 195 who was #5 in the conference in tackles with 83 tackles 9.2 a game in conference play, and Gavin Roland 5-11; 195 had 41 tackles 6.0 a game. It will have to be seen if 3X all conference player Alize Ward 5-10; 200 (Sr.) returns from his rehab after a devastating leg injury during practice before the 2019 season. Also returning is senior Trey Ramos 5-11; 185 (Sr.) and sophomores Jaterious Evans 6-1; 190 and Myles Heard 5-9; 185

BEAR
July 23rd, 2020, 02:11 PM
McNeese might have lost more than any of the other teams in the off season. We lost a lot of seniors, then we lost a whole coaching staff. Then we lost a chance at the post season this season. And then because of the coaching staff change and the post season ban, we have some players who decided to go into the transfer portal or just quit playing football all together.

If we have a season, it is going to be an interesting ride this season.

If could be like that old Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times!"

Doc

https://i.imgflip.com/497an6.jpg

https://imgflip.com/i/497an6

McNeese72
July 23rd, 2020, 02:17 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/497an6.jpg

https://imgflip.com/i/497an6

Yep! We suck again!!!!!

Doc

Daytripper
July 23rd, 2020, 02:35 PM
Yep! We suck again!!!!!

Doc

You guys need to get it together soon! Tradition demands that McNeese is in the top tier of the conference.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5hdijbS3MDVw0SHWmn/giphy.gif

BEAR
July 23rd, 2020, 03:37 PM
You guys need to get it together soon! Tradition demands that McNeese is in the top tier of the conference.

No doubt. When we came into this conference the Cowboys were the "gold standard" with multiple conference championships... While they are a team that is typically super athletic, they've been superunimpressive. It's time Cowboys...xthumbsupx

McNeese72
July 23rd, 2020, 03:48 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/5hdijbS3MDVw0SHWmn/giphy.gif

I am not too optimistic about this season (hopefully, we have a season). There are too many factors going against us. But Coach Wilson is supposed to be a great recruiter, so maybe there is hope for the future.

Doc

McCowboys
July 23rd, 2020, 07:51 PM
HBU also lost a game due to the SWAC moving their season to the spring, but the Huskies have found a replacement game and have scheduled a dog fight with the Bulldogs of Louisiana Tech.

McCowboys
July 24th, 2020, 01:25 PM
McNeese announces only football will play a non-conference fall season. This doesn't say, so I am wondering if this applies to basketball as well. https://mcneesesports.com/news/2020/7/24/mcneese-football-only-sport-to-play-fall-non-conference.aspx

McCowboys
July 24th, 2020, 07:19 PM
COWBOYS HIT FIELD FOR FIRST TIME IN EIGHT MONTHS
LAKE CHARLES – The wait for the Frank Wilson (https://mcneesesports.com/staff.aspx?staff=439) era of McNeese Football to kickoff is finally over when on Friday, the Cowboys came together as a full team since last November with the first of eight days of walk-throughs allowed by the NCAA prior to fall camp beginning on August 7.... (story continues. click the link below.)

https://mcneesesports.com/news/2020/7/24/football-cowboys-hit-the-first-for-first-time-in-eight-months.aspx

BEAR
July 28th, 2020, 11:35 AM
Any more news from SLC teams? xeyebrowx

Nothing new on the UCA front. Players ready to practice. Coaches ready to coach. Fans ready for some football.

The first game against Austin Peay will look so sloppy. No formal practices. No hitting. WRs and QBs not getting the timing down. Defense not getting in any stops. Ugh. I'm not sure team chemistry will happen for many teams this season...if we have one!

McNeese72
July 28th, 2020, 03:13 PM

Nothing new on the UCA front. Players ready to practice. Coaches ready to coach. Fans ready for some football.

The first game against Austin Peay will look so sloppy. No formal practices. No hitting. WRs and QBs not getting the timing down. Defense not getting in any stops. Ugh. I'm not sure team chemistry will happen for many teams this season...if we have one!

McNeese is going through the two weeks (or whatever it is) of walk through practices that the NCAA is allowing before the preseason practices start for real. But don't ask me what is going on, no media and photographers are allowed due to Covid concerns.

Doc

BEAR
July 28th, 2020, 03:29 PM
McNeese is going through the two weeks (or whatever it is) of walk through practices that the NCAA is allowing before the preseason practices start for real. But don't ask me what is going on, no media and photographers are allowed due to Covid concerns.

Doc

Sounds about right. I won't bother with attending any of the Bears practices this year to do my part. Man I want some football.

McNeese72
July 28th, 2020, 03:53 PM
Sounds about right. I won't bother with attending any of the Bears practices this year to do my part. Man I want some football.

I am dying to photograph some sports to help with my withdrawal symptoms. ;)

Doc

Puddin Tane
July 29th, 2020, 11:22 PM

no clue what's happening at LU. We did lose our first game opponent, (Miss College). Looking for another team

BEAR
July 30th, 2020, 02:34 PM
SEC to announce 10-game, conference-only schedule plan, possibly as early as today.

Looks like UCA will lose some cash not playing Missouri. :(