PDA

View Full Version : Weber State at James Madison

bonarae
December 15th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Surprised to see no one posting about this game until now.

Who gets to Frisco?

Discuss.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2019, 07:26 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49223522863_4f6a20617b_o.jpg

Weber St seems awfully similar to the UNI team that JMU just shut down. Will Josh Davis be able to play? If not, I suspect Weber St will need 2 special teams (or defensive) TDs like they got last week to have a shot.

5dimes favors JMU by 14.5 with an O/U of 51 (so 33-18 or thereabouts). I'd say give me JMU and the under on that because at least one of them would have to hit.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2019, 08:22 PM
JMU cruises easily to Frisco.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2019, 08:44 PM
JMU cruises easily to Frisco.

not so sure, I've been guilty of under estimating Weber State, honestly I don't see a lot of skill type players but with D they keep winning

N Iowa showed that when the D is ratcheted up on JMU what can happen, some big hits on Polk and the QB might linger over and Weber offense is better than N Iowa

gonna be a slugfest

I dont think we are going to get the long awaited and much anticipated Bison JMU game and I think JMU is more prone to losing this one than the Bison

we shall see

I Bleed Purple
December 15th, 2019, 08:49 PM
Only one touchdown via special teams or defense last week.

NY Crusader 2010
December 15th, 2019, 08:51 PM
I wasn't that impressed by Weber State after watching them play Montana. IMO, Dukes should win this one by a couple of scores.

Say what you want about the JMU offense not capitalizing and putting UNI away early, but their D didn't allow the opposition past their OWN 40 yard line until the final 2 minutes. That's impressive.

James Madison 27 Weber State 14

Does anyone show up or are all the JMU fans holding onto their wallets waiting to see if a Frisco trip materializes?

FWIW, Fargo Dome notwithstanding I think NDSU is more likely to lose than JMU this weekend.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2019, 11:45 AM
I think this is going to be a great game. Weber has a good defense and better offense then UNI. Will it be enough to knock off the Dukes at home though? I don't think so, JMU holds on 21-17.

Silenoz
December 16th, 2019, 11:46 AM
Over/under 100 yards of offense for Weber?

Outsider1
December 16th, 2019, 11:52 AM
I am not quite sure that Weber has enough to put them over the top, but I would love to see it. I think they at least have a chance to get some fresh blood in Frisco. Either way, it will be a good game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2019, 12:21 PM

They barely went over 100 against the Griz. I'll go under.

JMUNJ08
December 16th, 2019, 12:26 PM
Josh Davis being healthy and TO margin are the keys to this one. Without key offensive players, UNI couldn't move the ball. Weber's rushing attack is average WITH Josh Davis (though he looked special) so without, expect them to have to throw a bunch more. In 2017, some big passing plays really beat the Dukes so I'd expect Weber to have to do that again to win this one. Otherwise, if Montana doesn't throw 5 INTs, we could be seeing the Griz make a return to the 'Burg.

If JMU takes care of the ball and is able to run/ stop the run, Frisco will be in its sight.

Schism55
December 16th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Josh Davis being healthy and TO margin are the keys to this one. Without key offensive players, UNI couldn't move the ball. Weber's rushing attack is average WITH Josh Davis (though he looked special) so without, expect them to have to throw a bunch more. In 2017, some big passing plays really beat the Dukes so I'd expect Weber to have to do that again to win this one. Otherwise, if Montana doesn't throw 5 INTs, we could be seeing the Griz make a return to the 'Burg.

If JMU takes care of the ball and is able to run/ stop the run, Frisco will be in its sight.
So much this. He is a fantastic player and Weber needs him to win this game. Doubtful he'll be 100% at kick but hopefully he can play the entire game.

JMU2004
December 16th, 2019, 02:12 PM
Weber will give us all we can handle.

Jay Hill is a fantastic coach and the Weber D is scary. They are opportunistic and were able to bait the Montana QB into some bad decisions.

Grizzlies82
December 16th, 2019, 06:29 PM
Weber will give us all we can handle.

Jay Hill is a fantastic coach and the Weber D is scary. They are opportunistic and were able to bait the Montana QB into some bad decisions.

Sacking him six times may have also clouded his judgement.
This game will definitely showcase two good defenses.

KPSUL
December 16th, 2019, 06:32 PM

Over, at least 175 yards. JMU's last 3 conference opponents (UNH, URI, Richmond) were beaten soundly, but still averaged about 240 yards of total offense.

DUKESALLDAY
December 16th, 2019, 06:42 PM
I’d expect something around 31-10. They can move the ball a bit better than UNI but if we’re being honest last week was one of the worst offensive performance of the season. While weather and conservative play calling had a lot to do with it they’ll definitely score more this week.

GreatGreatGreat
December 16th, 2019, 07:15 PM
I’d expect something around 31-10. They can move the ball a bit better than UNI but if we’re being honest last week was one of the worst offensive performance of the season. While weather and conservative play calling had a lot to do with it they’ll definitely score more this week.
Thanks for someone accounting for the weather. Everyone expecting offensive explosion during a snowstorm? We already struggle to pass the ball at times but with snowy/wet conditions Montana was able to put 8 guys in the box. Montana’s rush defense was really underrated at the end of the season.

BTW with the exception of Mountain West schools Weber state is undefeated as being picked the underdog. It seems like it motivates the team.

Gangtackle11
December 16th, 2019, 10:43 PM
Thanks for someone accounting for the weather. Everyone expecting offensive explosion during a snowstorm? We already struggle to pass the ball at times but with snowy/wet conditions Montana was able to put 8 guys in the box. Montana’s rush defense was really underrated at the end of the season.

BTW with the exception of Mountain West schools Weber state is undefeated as being picked the underdog. It seems like it motivates the team.

Massey Ratings:
JMU 42

Mountain West opponents:
San Diego State 62
Nevada 93

Just sayin’ xpeacex

Professor
December 17th, 2019, 09:00 AM
JMU by 14

Bison56
December 17th, 2019, 09:47 AM
The Dooks by 40.

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2019, 09:50 AM
JMU 38-17 I don't see a healthy weber who isn't as good on D as UNI and is hurting on O, winning against a healthy JMU team who probably won't play as conservative as they did last week on offense.

technocat
December 17th, 2019, 10:40 AM
JMU 38-17 I don't see a healthy weber who isn't as good on D as UNI and is hurting on O, winning against a healthy JMU team who probably won't play as conservative as they did last week on offense.

I'm sure that I will get flamed as a BSC homer for this but what makes you think that UNI's defense is better than Weber's? They gave up 29 to Weber, 46 to NDSU, and 38 to SDSU. People bag on the BSC for being an offensive league but don't seem to translate that to our defenses giving up more statistics even when they are really REALLY good. Only a 3 point difference in PPG.

Derby City Duke
December 17th, 2019, 10:49 AM
My biggest concern is the health of DiNucci.

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2019, 10:52 AM
I'm sure that I will get flamed as a BSC homer for this but what makes you think that UNI's defense is better than Weber's? They gave up 29 to Weber, 46 to NDSU, and 38 to SDSU. People bag on the BSC for being an offensive league but don't seem to translate that to our defenses giving up more statistics even when they are really REALLY good. Only a 3 point difference in PPG.

You definitely have a fair point, however like i said even though weber got the better of them back in the beginning of the season UNI's D was lucky to hold JMU. JMU ran the ball almost every play after the second JMU drive. With a turnover or actually two if I remember correctly, and some missed FG's. The Dukes could have been up on UNI 31-0 even with basically running the ball all game. If Weber is limping into this game and statistically doesn't have a better D than UNI. I just don't see them winning. BSC has been playing a lot better D the last few seasons. MSU is playing its best D since god knows when right now.

uni88
December 17th, 2019, 12:34 PM
You definitely have a fair point, however like i said even though weber got the better of them back in the beginning of the season UNI's D was lucky to hold JMU. JMU ran the ball almost every play after the second JMU drive. With a turnover or actually two if I remember correctly, and some missed FG's. The Dukes could have been up on UNI 31-0 even with basically running the ball all game. If Weber is limping into this game and statistically doesn't have a better D than UNI. I just don't see them winning. BSC has been playing a lot better D the last few seasons. MSU is playing its best D since god knows when right now.

UNI's defense played a bend don't break style and they held JMU to 17 points (7 of which came on a 1 yard drive with 2:19 to go) because they were a damn good defense, not lucky. JMU might have ran the ball so much because they wanted to keep DiNucci upright long enough to play Weber.

UNI lost to Weber because they gave up a big play on the first play from scrimmage, then the offense turned the ball over (Weber's defense) and Weber's punter had an incredible game. Weber has an excellent defense and their offense was better than UNI's when UNI's offense was relatively healthy. Against JMU, UNI's offense was a MASH unit. JMU was probably still the better team against a relatively healthy UNI but it would have been a lot closer.

JMU should be favored against Weber but Weber has a chance.

Dukie95
December 17th, 2019, 01:36 PM
If you haven't seen much of JMU and only saw the UNI game, just know that that game was definitely strange. The lack of QB runs while also running to eat the clock was not anything we had seen before this season. (although, in hindsight, they also dominated TOP against Monmouth, but faced no resistance).

I think two things happened..
1. JMU prepared for worse weather than end up happening
2. DiNucci was banged up early and they didn't want to put him in a position to exacerbate any issues.

JMU's defense was only on the field for 35 minutes combined in the first two playoff games (without subtracting second-team time late against Monmouth)...not sure if that was be design, but you have to think that'll be helpful.

Redbird 4th & short
December 17th, 2019, 03:17 PM
UNI's defense played a bend don't break style and they held JMU to 17 points (7 of which came on a 1 yard drive with 2:19 to go) because they were a damn good defense, not lucky. JMU might have ran the ball so much because they wanted to keep DiNucci upright long enough to play Weber.

UNI lost to Weber because they gave up a big play on the first play from scrimmage, then the offense turned the ball over (Weber's defense) and Weber's punter had an incredible game. Weber has an excellent defense and their offense was better than UNI's when UNI's offense was relatively healthy. Against JMU, UNI's offense was a MASH unit. JMU was probably still the better team against a relatively healthy UNI but it would have been a lot closer.

JMU should be favored against Weber but Weber has a chance.

that and this ...

Play count was 88 to 49
Time of possession was just over 42 to just under 18 minutes

and JMU needed 1 yard drive in closing seconds to get from 10 points (1 more than NDSU) to the 17 they got

So ... sure, I suppose that 17 was more than the 3 MVFC teams combined ... but is was just 1 more than NDSU until the failed 4th down conversion on you own 1 and the 42 to 18 minutes time of possession advantage and very nearly finished with just 10 points.

Mfergy4
December 17th, 2019, 03:34 PM
I wasn't that impressed by Weber State after watching them play Montana. IMO, Dukes should win this one by a couple of scores.

Say what you want about the JMU offense not capitalizing and putting UNI away early, but their D didn't allow the opposition past their OWN 40 yard line until the final 2 minutes. That's impressive.

James Madison 27 Weber State 14

Does anyone show up or are all the JMU fans holding onto their wallets waiting to see if a Frisco trip materializes?

FWIW, Fargo Dome notwithstanding I think NDSU is more likely to lose than JMU this weekend.

Good luck getting ticket at this late date.

putter
December 17th, 2019, 03:52 PM
JMU will not put up their normal points. Rodriguez is a beast and will put pressure on JMU. Still don't think Weber has the O to win. JMU 21- Weber 10

Chalupa Batman
December 17th, 2019, 04:08 PM
If you haven't seen much of JMU and only saw the UNI game, just know that that game was definitely strange. The lack of QB runs while also running to eat the clock was not anything we had seen before this season. (although, in hindsight, they also dominated TOP against Monmouth, but faced no resistance).

I think two things happened..
1. JMU prepared for worse weather than end up happening
2. DiNucci was banged up early and they didn't want to put him in a position to exacerbate any issues.

JMU's defense was only on the field for 35 minutes combined in the first two playoff games (without subtracting second-team time late against Monmouth)...not sure if that was be design, but you have to think that'll be helpful.

I think a third thing happened as well:

UNI’s defense is real good and played real well, especially considering they were on the field the whole game and most of the snaps were on their own side of the field where margin for error was very small.

As fans we all tend to look at our teams by what they were or weren’t able to do without considering that the opposition had anything to do with it. Yes some things were self inflicted by JMU but UNI had the best defense they played all year long, which also contributed to their struggles.

That will make them better prepared for Weber’s defense this week, but I still wouldn’t be expecting them to move the ball up and down the field at will. And while Weber’s offense is better than UNI’s it is still average at best so JMU should be able to grind out another victory, probably by about the same margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSUBobcat
December 17th, 2019, 04:58 PM

Always love the "if we didn't turn the ball over and made the plays we didn't make, we'd have beat them way worse!" comments...

If UNI had converted a fleaflicker on the 3rd play of the 2nd possession of the 1st quarter, they totally woulda had JMU right where they wanted 'em and would be headed back to Ogden for a rematch! xrolleyesx

MSUBobcat
December 17th, 2019, 06:11 PM

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Everyone says you gotta take stats with a grain of salt when looking at teams from like NEC or Big South, but then when a team like Weber gives up a whopping 2.4 points/game (13.6%) more in a league with much more prolific offenses, they have a bad defense. The worst offense BBQ played in terms of ppg is... UNI at #98. The next worst is ISU-o at #91 and SUU at #78, who they both played. The worst non-UNI, not-common opponent that BBQ played was #72 Cal Poly. They played 7 games against teams in the top half in scoring offense, including 5 games against top 15 scoring offenses. UNI played 4 teams that were #104 or worse (all MVFC teams). This isn't to say that WSU is better than UNI, or vice versa, because I don't want to get into a chicken or the egg-type argument in terms of MVFC offenses are ranked lower due to better defenses, but the same holds true then for Weber... they put up damn good numbers in a conference with much better offensive stats.

We can look at the common opponents. UNI allowed 20 points to SUU and ISU-o, WSU allowed 24 in 2 rivalry games. Still nothing definitive (to me, at least) showing that UNI D>>>>WSU D. xtwocentsx

Bison56
December 17th, 2019, 06:14 PM
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Everyone says you gotta take stats with a grain of salt when looking at teams from like NEC or Big South, but then when a team like Weber gives up a whopping 2.4 points/game (13.6%) more in a league with much more prolific offenses, they have a bad defense. The worst offense BBQ played in terms of ppg is... UNI at #98. The next worst is ISU-o at #91 and SUU at #78, who they both played. The worst non-UNI, not-common opponent that BBQ played was #72 Cal Poly. They played 7 games against teams in the top half in scoring offense, including 5 games against top 15 scoring offenses. UNI played 4 teams that were #104 or worse (all MVFC teams). This isn't to say that WSU is better than UNI, or vice versa, because I don't want to get into a chicken or the egg-type argument in terms of MVFC offenses are ranked lower due to better defenses, but the same holds true then for Weber... they put up damn good numbers in a conference with much better offensive stats.

We can look at the common opponents. UNI allowed 20 points to SUU and ISU-o, WSU allowed 24 in 2 rivalry games. Still nothing definitive (to me, at least) showing that UNI D>>>>WSU D. xtwocentsx

JMU is the best team ever, they are a dynasty. Get with it man, they are NFL Pro bowl caliber.

JMUNJ08
December 17th, 2019, 10:30 PM
JMU is the best team ever, they are a dynasty. Get with it man, they are NFL Pro bowl caliber.

I'll have what he's having!

UNHWildcat18
December 18th, 2019, 06:47 AM
Always love the "if we didn't turn the ball over and made the plays we didn't make, we'd have beat them way worse!" comments...

If UNI had converted a fleaflicker on the 3rd play of the 2nd possession of the 1st quarter, they totally woulda had JMU right where they wanted 'em and would be headed back to Ogden for a rematch! xrolleyesx

Laugh all you want, all I watched was a game that UNI had 0 chance in(IMO), I was never worried for a second, regardless of score and missed opportunity. JMU's coach ran the ball every play for 3 quarters. Yes the weather was awful, yes the UNI D made a bunch of stops around the 25-35 yard line area. I have never seen a game been coached so conservatively on offense. This UNI team beat SDSU at their own house the previous week. Couldn't get across the 50 vs JMU. It was a boring game to watch but I'm sorry, UNI fans should be proud as hell of the way their boys played, because if they don't play defense like that and get a few key turnovers like they did its a 35-0 game for JMU.

What I do find funny is how everyone blasted JMU for their performance vs UNI this past week and how the bison will dominate them... I haven't found NDSU's last two games that convincing of that, but I haven't seen a lot of JMU fans bashing them. Could be wrong. Still games to play for everyone though, A good friend of mine is a crazy bobcat alum so ill be watching with them and rooting for ya, hope you can pull off the upset. As well ill root for my conference mate in JMU. Rather see the CAA take the crown regardless of team.... cept Maine, **** Umaine

Bison56
December 18th, 2019, 07:44 AM
I'll have what he's having!

http://www.bevindustry.com/ext/resources/2014/April/PurplePassion_Feature.jpg?height=635&t=1398180716&width=1200

Catbooster
December 18th, 2019, 10:48 AM
Whoops. I realized I'd clicked the wrong box (Weber) just as I hit submit. I want Weber to win and will be rooting for them, but I think JMU will advance to Frisco. I think Weber's defense can limit JMU's offense, but I'm not confident that their offense can score enough points to win.

uni88
December 18th, 2019, 11:14 AM
Laugh all you want, all I watched was a game that UNI had 0 chance in(IMO), I was never worried for a second, regardless of score and missed opportunity. JMU's coach ran the ball every play for 3 quarters. Yes the weather was awful, yes the UNI D made a bunch of stops around the 25-35 yard line area. I have never seen a game been coached so conservatively on offense. This UNI team beat SDSU at their own house the previous week. Couldn't get across the 50 vs JMU. It was a boring game to watch but I'm sorry, UNI fans should be proud as hell of the way their boys played, because if they don't play defense like that and get a few key turnovers like they did its a 35-0 game for JMU.

What I do find funny is how everyone blasted JMU for their performance vs UNI this past week and how the bison will dominate them... I haven't found NDSU's last two games that convincing of that, but I haven't seen a lot of JMU fans bashing them. Could be wrong. Still games to play for everyone though, A good friend of mine is a crazy bobcat alum so ill be watching with them and rooting for ya, hope you can pull off the upset. As well ill root for my conference mate in JMU. Rather see the CAA take the crown regardless of team.... cept Maine, **** Umaine

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we, we'd all have a merry Christmas. UNI has a great defense so what they did while extraordinary wasn't out of the realm of possibility. The If these turnovers didn't happen is a two-way street. They screwed up at least one and arguably both of the fumble reviews. The UNI fumble that wasn't overturned was more questionable than the JMU fumble that was. What if both of those had gone the other way? As far as UNI beating SDSU but barely getting across the 50 against JMU - UNI had Isiah Weston against SDSU, they didn't against JMU. Weston is a stud who was McElvain's security blanket, he catches anything close to him. I'm not saying UNI wins with Weston but they move the ball a lot more and they score some points.

You're not wrong about the criticism of JMU vs NDSU based on their games last weekend. They both showed some vulnerabilities.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 12:22 PM

UNI (powerhouse offense that it is) scored 13 whole points. They crossed the 50 four times. Once in the 1st on a PI, which then ended on a INT on the next play run (false start between the 2 plays). Once in the 2nd on an SDSU fumble on a punt return, resulting in a FG. They scored a TD on the opening drive of the 2nd half. Then they made it down to the 1 in the 4th and kicked the game winning FG. This offense struggling against a stout defense is not surprising.

Again, if this, if that.... who gives a flying ****?! It HAPPENED. If we blindfold Trey Lance and make him throw left handed, I like our chances to have 10 INT on Saturday. It's nowhere near the realm of reality, but if we're throwing out hypotheticals, might as well go big!

Outside of Bison fans, cuz let's be real, many of them think they're going to dominate EVERYONE (and they have that right to a degree), who has blasted JMU for their performance in ****ty conditions against a very good UNI defense? I think the masses consider it a pretty good win and think JMU has a damn good chance at the championship (whoever it may be, if they beat WSU). JMU is, and has been all year, a leading contender for the natty.

bulldog
December 18th, 2019, 06:31 PM
Surprised to see no one posting about this game until now.

Who gets to Frisco?

Discuss.

Unless JMU implodes Saturday, which is not likely, the Dukes advance.

Mfergy4
December 19th, 2019, 07:36 AM
I see lots of Montana State Fans and NDSU Fans but no Weber Staters and a small number of JMU fans on this site...what gives, no love for your teams???

JMU2004
December 19th, 2019, 08:58 AM
Most JMU fans avoid this place. I think the NDSU fans a few years ago really salted the earth.

Our forum is extremely active. https://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=685

JMU Newbill
December 19th, 2019, 10:10 AM
I see lots of Montana State Fans and NDSU Fans but no Weber Staters and a small number of JMU fans on this site...what gives, no love for your teams???

This board has become mostly unreadable. I mean FFS look at some of the recent thread titles. I still peruse as I have for a long time but rarely, if ever, post. There’s little to no point in trying to have a discussion on here.

MSUBobcat
December 19th, 2019, 10:28 AM
Most JMU fans avoid this place. I think the NDSU fans a few years ago really salted the earth.

Our forum is extremely active. https://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=685

This board has become mostly unreadable. I mean FFS look at some of the recent thread titles. I still peruse as I have for a long time but rarely, if ever, post. There’s little to no point in trying to have a discussion on here.

So y'all would rather stick to the echo chamber that is every school's fanboi forums??? Okily dokily..... Heaven forbid you have to see comments not proclaiming your team as the second coming of Jesus....

JMU Newbill
December 19th, 2019, 10:32 AM
So y'all would rather stick to the echo chamber that is every school's fanboi forums??? Okily dokily..... Heaven forbid you have to see comments not proclaiming your team as the second coming of Jesus....

Case in point. That was constructive.

MSUBobcat
December 19th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Case in point. That was constructive.

I was commenting on the 2 last comments on the thread. Seems pretty applicable conversation to me. Sorry I didn't mention that JMU is going to pummel WSU. Do you want a tissue? FWIW, I just went to your forum thread discussing the game. You should go back there. What a **** show.

Bison56
December 19th, 2019, 11:09 AM
I was commenting on the 2 last comments on the thread. Seems pretty applicable conversation to me. Sorry I didn't mention that JMU is going to pummel WSU. Do you want a tissue? FWIW, I just went to your forum thread discussing the game. You should go back there. What a **** show.

Wow that was a fun read. xlolx I wonder why we even have a season? Though it isn't much different than other homer boards, but the dynasty thing made me chuckle.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 19th, 2019, 11:24 AM
I guess enjoy playing for 2nd place

Same goes for next year

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 19th, 2019, 11:37 AM
You are a bigger pussy and snowflake than the coach at MSU. xnodx

MSUBobcat
December 19th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Wow that was a fun read. xlolx I wonder why we even have a season? Though it isn't much different than other homer boards, but the dynasty thing made me chuckle.

Half the thread is hand-wringing over which game slot they got, 20% discusses if their purple uniforms look blue on TV, 20% is about the Jay Hill speculation/Mike Houston similarity and maybe 10% discusses how they are going to thrash WSU.

The reason 99% of us are here on AGS is BECAUSE our homer boards are **** shows. I'd rather hear conflicting views than a whole crowd of homers glad handing each other. Even if it means a 20 page thread calling my coach a pussy. If the echo chamber is what your frail ego needs then by all means, stick to your fanboi boards and your Fox News/CNNs. It's safer when everyone has the exact same opinion as you.

cx500d
December 19th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Half the thread is hand-wringing over which game slot they got, 20% discusses if their purple uniforms look blue on TV, 20% is about the Jay Hill speculation/Mike Houston similarity and maybe 10% discusses how they are going to thrash WSU.

The reason 99% of us are here on AGS is BECAUSE our homer boards are **** shows. I'd rather hear conflicting views than a whole crowd of homers glad handing each other. Even if it means a 20 page thread calling my coach a pussy. If the echo chamber is what your frail ego needs then by all means, stick to your fanboi boards and your Fox News/CNNs. It's safer when everyone has the exact same opinion as you.

Jeff Chode is a pussy

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 19th, 2019, 11:49 AM
The reason 99% of us are here on AGS is BECAUSE our homer boards are **** shows. I'd rather hear conflicting views than a whole crowd of homers glad handing each other. Even if it means a 20 page thread calling my coach a pussy. If the echo chamber is what your frail ego needs then by all means, stick with it

Amen!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Lorne_Malvo
December 19th, 2019, 12:20 PM

I looked through your post history. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black.
If you hate it here click the X and have a nice day. Its right there in the upper right corner.

Lorne_Malvo
December 19th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Jeff Chode is a pussy

He is fundraising, if people here cant see that they are blind.

cx500d
December 19th, 2019, 12:24 PM
He is fundraising, if people here cant see that they are blind.
If you can't see I'm trolling, you are a blind pussy

knit35
December 19th, 2019, 12:26 PM
One interesting story line in this game that could be an interesting discussion is what familiarity and game plan both Weber St. uses on offense vs JMU's defense. The story line is JMU's DC coming in from Maine and the problems they gave Weber St. rushing attack last year. Although certainly they are different teams and with some different personnel, scheme vs scheme could be interesting. I fully expect Weber to have some trick plays in and out of special teams to deploy. Weber looks to have a great FG kicker so in a close game could prove a valuable asset.

Casey's is pizza and breakfast xnodx

knit35
December 19th, 2019, 12:29 PM

bobcat pussy? just want to ensure I get the vernacular correct for future references.

Lorne_Malvo
December 19th, 2019, 12:34 PM

LOL :)

Mfergy4
December 19th, 2019, 12:47 PM
Wow! should I get the box of kleenix out and hand out to the JMU and Weber folks for all the whining I am reading. Come on...discuss how of your teams positives will be used to take advantage of the others negatives...we are here to to see which team fans can sling the hash the best...so far NDSU fans seem to be the only slingers...which should really be weird as this is the Weber and JMU game site...

cx500d
December 19th, 2019, 01:01 PM
Wow! should I get the box of kleenix out and hand out to the JMU and Weber folks for all the whining I am reading. Come on...discuss how of your teams positives will be used to take advantage of the others negatives...we are here to to see which team fans can sling the hash the best...so far NDSU fans seem to be the only slingers...which should really be weird as this is the Weber and JMU game site...

I'm not sure that Weber will be able to contend with the streamer onslaught...

knit35
December 19th, 2019, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure that Weber will be able to contend with the streamer onslaught...

very few can

- - - Updated - - -

If you are providing and purchasing ensure its name brand. Dont go cheap on me

catbob
December 19th, 2019, 01:18 PM

I think you're wrong on that. I first registered here way back in 2004 to learn more about other teams, to talk football with other fanbases, so see what people thought of the Bobcats, and to give my opinion on what I thought about other teams, and to just be part of the FCS (I-AA then) community of which I truly love. I didn't come here because Bobcatnation was a ***** show, I didn't come here to engage in constant smack talk, I didn't come here to get into pissing contents and to read 14 page threads calling someone else's coach a p*ssy. That's not even sour grapes as a Cat fan, it's just bad form and not what I enjoy to partake in or consume. I don't think I'm alone on that, and if you say this board is 99% people like yourself, then it's because people like me were driven off.

At some point I kind of just stopped posting here, and have been pretty off and on since then. Much like the infancy of most message boards or social media, things start off cordial but then are just eventually overrun by loudmouths. The more popular something becomes, the more it attracts these types. It's just a fact, and AGS is no different. I used to post a ton on egriz too because there was genuinely fun discussion back then. Now egriz is a hot mess and it doesn't help that it is flooded with Cat trolls who spend more time posting there talking smack than they do on our own board.

Bison56
December 19th, 2019, 01:41 PM
One interesting story line in this game that could be an interesting discussion is what familiarity and game plan both Weber St. uses on offense vs JMU's defense. The story line is JMU's DC coming in from Maine and the problems they gave Weber St. rushing attack last year. Although certainly they are different teams and with some different personnel, scheme vs scheme could be interesting. I fully expect Weber to have some trick plays in and out of special teams to deploy. Weber looks to have a great FG kicker so in a close game could prove a valuable asset.

Casey's is pizza and breakfast xnodx
https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxg3yz8nGM1qmw2fdo1_500.gif

MSUBobcat
December 19th, 2019, 02:24 PM
I think you're wrong on that. I first registered here way back in 2004 to learn more about other teams, to talk football with other fanbases, so see what people thought of the Bobcats, and to give my opinion on what I thought about other teams, and to just be part of the FCS (I-AA then) community of which I truly love. I didn't come here because Bobcatnation was a ***** show, I didn't come here to engage in constant smack talk, I didn't come here to get into pissing contents and to read 14 page threads calling someone else's coach a p*ssy. That's not even sour grapes as a Cat fan, it's just bad form and not what I enjoy to partake in or consume. I don't think I'm alone on that, and if you say this board is 99% people like yourself, then it's because people like me were driven off.

At some point I kind of just stopped posting here, and have been pretty off and on since then. Much like the infancy of most message boards or social media, things start off cordial but then are just eventually overrun by loudmouths. The more popular something becomes, the more it attracts these types. It's just a fact, and AGS is no different. I used to post a ton on egriz too because there was genuinely fun discussion back then. Now egriz is a hot mess and it doesn't help that it is flooded with Cat trolls who spend more time posting there talking smack than they do on our own board.

I don't disagree on the smack talking a coach who most likely doesn't know of this board's existence, much less take the time to peruse it - that's pretty douchy. But I generally disagree that AGS has been overrun by loudmouths. That Choate thread was unnecessary, but every other thread on page 1 of AGS is a legit FCS football discussion. If there's an even better place than AGS to get objective FCS discussion among a wide range of fans, I'd be willing to check it out. As it stands, AGS is more time-worthy than any fan-based forums out there. I feel more informed on FCS as a whole, especially outside of the BSC or even MVFC, than most other fans I talk to. Sometimes there's thread derailment, but it still seems to provide the most concentrated and varied FCS info on the interwebz. Some posters seem to get kicks out of trolling, but others like Professor Chaos provide nuggets of information that would take a lot of work to locate. Then there's the actual discussions about team A's strengths and weaknesses vs. team B's strengths an weakness and game prognostications. IMO, that's why 99% of us are here.

mcveyrl
December 19th, 2019, 02:41 PM

This is pretty accurate on where I'm at.

FWIW, I think both our team board and this board are equally hard to participate in - but I'm pretty sure that's just the internet for me now (Ok, boomer). They both still provide good information if you're willing to dig a little.

I still view both boards fairly regularly, but getting caught up in some argument on here (and there) just sucks up too much time and it seems like people are becoming less reasonable. It used to be fun to respond to the types of threads like "How many points will NDSU beat JMU by in the NC??????????" for some good back and forth, but we're at this point where if you support your team you're delusional and if you're reasonable nobody really wants to converse with you.

Mfergy4
December 19th, 2019, 02:47 PM
very few can

- - - Updated - - -

If you are providing and purchasing ensure its name brand. Dont go cheap on me

What, Walmart name brand not good enough???

catbob
December 19th, 2019, 02:47 PM
This is pretty accurate on where I'm at.

FWIW, I think both our team board and this board are equally hard to participate in - but I'm pretty sure that's just the internet for me now (Ok, boomer). They both still provide good information if you're willing to dig a little.

I still view both boards fairly regularly, but getting caught up in some argument on here (and there) just sucks up too much time and it seems like people are becoming less reasonable. It used to be fun to respond to the types of threads like "How many points will NDSU beat JMU by in the NC??????????" for some good back and forth, but we're at this point where if you support your team you're delusional and if you're reasonable nobody really wants to converse with you.

Yea I've put some more thought into my post, and frankly maybe it's just me getting older and maturing, I don't know. I mean I registered 15 years ago, I was 21 back then, a college student still. I still post regularly on the Bobcat message board and generally enjoy that but even this year more than year's past it seems fans are arguing with each and derailing threads with petty arguments.

I'm not calling out AGS, it still is a good place, but I just don't really enjoy coming here any more, not like I used to be. A combination of the way society has evolved and me maturing I suppose.

catbob
December 19th, 2019, 02:54 PM
I don't disagree on the smack talking a coach who most likely doesn't know of this board's existence, much less take the time to peruse it - that's pretty douchy. But I generally disagree that AGS has been overrun by loudmouths. That Choate thread was unnecessary, but every other thread on page 1 of AGS is a legit FCS football discussion. If there's an even better place than AGS to get objective FCS discussion among a wide range of fans, I'd be willing to check it out. As it stands, AGS is more time-worthy than any fan-based forums out there. I feel more informed on FCS as a whole, especially outside of the BSC or even MVFC, than most other fans I talk to. Sometimes there's thread derailment, but it still seems to provide the most concentrated and varied FCS info on the interwebz. Some posters seem to get kicks out of trolling, but others like Professor Chaos provide nuggets of information that would take a lot of work to locate. Then there's the actual discussions about team A's strengths and weaknesses vs. team B's strengths an weakness and game prognostications. IMO, that's why 99% of us are here.

But at some point it's not worth digging through mud to find gold.

Dukie95
December 19th, 2019, 02:55 PM
I made my peace in this thread earlier and have nothing else to add. Too darn busy to spend much time here anymore. More of a lurker than a poster these days.

Mfergy4
December 19th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Yea I've put some more thought into my post, and frankly maybe it's just me getting older and maturing, I don't know. I mean I registered 15 years ago, I was 21 back then, a college student still. I still post regularly on the Bobcat message board and generally enjoy that but even this year more than year's past it seems fans are arguing with each and derailing threads with petty arguments.

I'm not calling out AGS, it still is a good place, but I just don't really enjoy coming here any more, not like I used to be. A combination of the way society has evolved and me maturing I suppose.

IMO...I like reading the posts, some are down right laughable in their fevered support, other are thoughtful insights and intelligent banter. I kind of liken it to reading the editorial page in Sunday's paper....everyone has an opinion, everyone's opinion is correct to them even though there seems to be a straight-jacketed relative in the closet some where....maturity means you read it, weight it for relativity, and dismiss it or give it some more thought. Life has much more important issues than opinion pages and football forums. But they do provide the daily humor...

cx500d
December 19th, 2019, 03:06 PM
One interesting story line in this game that could be an interesting discussion is what familiarity and game plan both Weber St. uses on offense vs JMU's defense. The story line is JMU's DC coming in from Maine and the problems they gave Weber St. rushing attack last year. Although certainly they are different teams and with some different personnel, scheme vs scheme could be interesting. I fully expect Weber to have some trick plays in and out of special teams to deploy. Weber looks to have a great FG kicker so in a close game could prove a valuable asset. Casey's is pizza and breakfast xnodxNDSU/MVFC suck-up... You know you don't have to suck-up to come to the tailgate....31285

knit35
December 19th, 2019, 03:08 PM
NDSU/MVFC suck-up... You know you don't have to suck-up to come to the tailgate....

HAHA! Fun times. lets do it again in a few weeks, different result this time though ok?

cx500d
December 19th, 2019, 03:12 PM
HAHA! Fun times. lets do it again in a few weeks, different result this time though ok?

Right, I want a bigger buffer in the score this time!

MSUBobcat
December 19th, 2019, 03:50 PM

But at some point it's not worth digging through mud to find gold.

I totally get what you are saying. I found AGS after you, but I'm 4 years older than you. Back then, I would actively talk smack for Cat-Griz and such. As I've aged, I've toned it down quite a bit (mostly cuz I don't want to be bombastic only to eat crow the next week). You do have to sift thru some of it once in a while, but overall, I still enjoy AGS. The weekly AGS poll results is one of the most useful information tools I can find as far as learning about upper level teams (top 40ish). The debate (and pollsters having to defend) why this team is there and that one is here helps when you don't have the TV packages, nor the time, to familiarize myself with all 13 conferences.

Mfergy4
December 19th, 2019, 03:54 PM
I totally get what you are saying. I found AGS after you, but I'm 4 years older than you. Back then, I would actively talk smack for Cat-Griz and such. As I've aged, I've toned it down quite a bit (mostly cuz I don't want to be bombastic only to eat crow the next week). You do have to sift thru some of it once in a while, but overall, I still enjoy AGS. The weekly AGS poll results is one of the most useful information tools I can find as far as learning about upper level teams (top 40ish). The debate (and pollsters having to defend) why this team is there and that one is here helps when you don't have the TV packages, nor the time, to familiarize myself with all 13 conferences.

xdrunkyx

JMUNJ08
December 19th, 2019, 04:01 PM
I haven't been on the JMU boards in years. I of course have my shade of purple glasses but the sound chamber really ignores the rest of the football world and is self deprecating most of the time. Never even created an account and just read stuff back when we were going FBS in realignment (hah!)

Now, when a small group of teams 'runs' the board, it can make it rather hard to participate all the time and its gang tackling any post thats ripe for the picking. Ideally would love for Weber, Sac St., Austin Peay, etc. to have a ton more fans on here but its not realistic to have huge fan bases everywhere, we aren't FBS P5 schools. We are bunch of loser die hards for things the 'average american' doesn't know exists. xdrunkyx

I'm an active poll voter here and have been for like 7 of 8 years or something like that. To get the broader perspective on the FCS is really cool and I appreciate AGS for that.

Now, back to the topic of the game... JMU's 4th best RB and our bulldozer for the 4th quarter is looking close to return Latrelle Palmer. If so, the running game is going to be AWFULLY difficult for Weber to stop. Sounds funny to say 4th best but he played a vital role to control the clock/ get late scores for JMU once the defense was worn down with his punishing style.

Chalupa Batman
December 19th, 2019, 05:22 PM

One of two things should get the JMU folks to come out.

1. Brag about a player on your own team, thereby “insulting” one of their players: Even though Daka had a great year Tuszka did too, and was rightfully named first team All-American over him.

2. Simply state that another team has good players and can give them a good game, which is triggering because they fully believe they are minimum 30 points better than anyone in FCS: Weber States defense is comparable to UNI’s and JMU’s offense will have some struggles again this week.

That should work!

I Bleed Purple
December 19th, 2019, 09:24 PM
Threads have to be interesting for me to post in or care about them. This hasn't been one so far.

Don't care enough about college football to waste time on boring things like internet bravado.

I do like the concept of FCS, though. Generally can't win on talent alone like in FBS. Have to scheme and strategize for more of the games with less to work with. Makes for interesting styles of play.

bulldog
December 19th, 2019, 09:34 PM

Well, it's good to know JMU is that much in your head that you have to read every thread and every post on our board. Do you have a job?

JMUNJ08
December 20th, 2019, 10:43 PM
Trying to find anything on Josh Davis' status for Weber but cannot find anything. He looked really banged up after the injury and really shouldn't have returned (luckily that TD reception was a straight line run). I know they kept saying a leg injury but it kept feeling like his hip as I watched him.

Any info out there?

KPSUL
December 20th, 2019, 10:57 PM
JMU 31, WSU 13. I see this one being a bit closer than JMU's previous 4 or 5 games, but still no nail biter. I'm going to the game with Weber State fans so I have to stay somewhat optimistic for their benefit.

cats2506
December 20th, 2019, 11:27 PM
Trying to find anything on Josh Davis' status for Weber but cannot find anything. He looked really banged up after the injury and really shouldn't have returned (luckily that TD reception was a straight line run). I know they kept saying a leg injury but it kept feeling like his hip as I watched him.

Any info out there?

All the coaches in the BSC keep injury info really close to the vest, I really wouldn't believe anything you hear until about an hour before the game

GreatGreatGreat
December 21st, 2019, 12:26 PM
Game day! Let’s go Cats.

Twentysix
December 21st, 2019, 04:21 PM
Does anyone know of a stream for this? I don't have ESPNU...

thebootfitter
December 21st, 2019, 04:54 PM
Does anyone know of a stream for this? I don't have ESPNU...I'd settle for a radio stream. I'm in a car in the middle of Montana. (When we drove through Bozeman, nobody was cheering. Ha ha!)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 04:59 PM
I'd settle for a radio stream. I'm in a car in the middle of Montana. (When we drove through Bozeman, nobody was cheering. Ha ha!)

JMU radio broadcast here: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/jmu/portal.htm?eventId=574422&streamType=audio

thebootfitter
December 21st, 2019, 05:05 PM
JMU radio broadcast here: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/jmu/portal.htm?eventId=574422&streamType=audioSweet, thanks! Tuned in now!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 05:07 PM

Did someone say streamers?

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2019, 05:22 PM

try

skorlive

93henfan
December 21st, 2019, 05:26 PM
This D2 championship game is the best game that's been on TV today. MN St was down 45-21 and is now back to 48-40 and a final drive now. They scored 6+2 with 4:02 left.

93henfan
December 21st, 2019, 05:39 PM
Lot of empty seats at Bridgeforth. They should put the cameras on the bad side so the good half of the stadium is shown. I'm assuming that's where the people are sitting.

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 05:46 PM
Doink!

grayghost06
December 21st, 2019, 05:48 PM
Lot of empty seats at Bridgeforth. They should put the cameras on the bad side so the good half of the stadium is shown. I'm assuming that's where the people are sitting.

Agree, but it's the FCS way. Build a lopsided stadium and have the camera show the old/small/high school side. Youngstown has the same issue (their's is even more pronounced)

Drblankstare
December 21st, 2019, 05:48 PM
3-0 JMU. That will probably do it. Congrats Dukes. :D

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 05:51 PM
He got clocked

93henfan
JMU D looks strong, strong so far.

They're also very chatty, which is a bit of a stark difference from watching NDSU's D earlier today.

Bison56
JMU classy as everxrolleyesx

knit35
December 21st, 2019, 05:52 PM
JMU classy as everxrolleyesx

yep channeling our inner NDSU

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 05:52 PM
I like the Weber kicker. Makes me realize I still have the physique of a college football player. xthumbsupx

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 05:53 PM
yep channeling our inner NDSU

Good onexthumbsupx

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 05:53 PM
Nice tackle 93

WeAreThePride
December 21st, 2019, 05:54 PM
Weber defense plays HARD.

93henfan
December 21st, 2019, 05:55 PM
I like the Weber kicker. Makes me realize I still have the physique of a college football player. xthumbsupx

I concur!

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 05:56 PM
Nooch moving the ball

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 05:59 PM
There it is. TD

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2019, 05:59 PM
JMU just too good...

The stars are aligning...

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 06:01 PM
Weber needs to have some kind of drive here or this game is ovah.

POD Knows
December 21st, 2019, 06:02 PM
Stapleton dated Cignetti's daughter, is that the one he locked in the bathroom or am I thinking of somebody else.

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 06:03 PM
Weber needs to have some kind of drive here or this game is ovah.

They could Monmouth us and run back a kick

93henfan
December 21st, 2019, 06:06 PM
So who was the genius who thought putting the team logo on the left butt cheek of the Weber uniform pants was a good idea?

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 06:07 PM
Stapleton dated Cignetti's daughter, is that the one he locked in the bathroom or am I thinking of somebody else.

I believe that was his POS brother.

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 06:07 PM
They could Monmouth us and run back a kick

They’ll need to. Problem with that is the only chance to do that is after another JMU score.

Turnover would be more likely but I think we’ll see JMU go into their 2nd half game plan from last week very soon.

TennBison
December 21st, 2019, 06:08 PM
I am going to go out on a limb here, but Game is already over, good job JMU.

93henfan
December 21st, 2019, 06:09 PM
So I remember knowing the first semi was over with 10 minutes left in the second quarter.

This one is tracking about the same way.

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 06:10 PM
Weber looks awful and quite impotent on both defense and offense.

93henfan
December 21st, 2019, 06:11 PM
This subdivision really is about the two FBS teams, NDSU and JMU, and nobody else is really in play unfortunately.

POD Knows
December 21st, 2019, 06:11 PM
I believe that was his POS brother.Nope, Riley Stapleton. Maybe this isn't the same guy

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/indiana-man-gets-probation-for-false-imprisonment/article_13187b18-b586-5e2e-a6b9-df9d97b5e850.html

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 06:14 PM
What's our kicker's range? 45? 49?

POD Knows
December 21st, 2019, 06:15 PM
Go for it JMU, no field goals, no fields goals, no fields goals.

Bison56
Nope, Riley Stapleton. Maybe this isn't the same guy

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/indiana-man-gets-probation-for-false-imprisonment/article_13187b18-b586-5e2e-a6b9-df9d97b5e850.html

It is the same guy.

93henfan
What's our kicker's range? 45? 49?

I'm confident he can hit the right upright from 32.

TennBison
So I remember knowing the first semi was over with 10 minutes left in the second quarter.

This one is tracking about the same way.
These games today are merely a formality, no need to actually hold any playoffs at all. Should have just had a championship game between NDSU and JMU, no other games needed. But the NCAA wanted to give the MSU coach a chance to ask for money to provide FCOA to the Bobcat athletes.

Bison56
Just run the QB, Weber cant stop it.

93henfan
December 21st, 2019, 06:16 PM
These games today are merely a formality, no need to actually hold any playoffs at all. Should have just had a championship game between NDSU and JMU, no other games needed. But the NCAA wanted to give the MSU coach a chance to ask for money to provide FCOA to the Bobcat athletes.

This seems accurate.

93henfan
December 21st, 2019, 06:18 PM
Alrighty. Seen enough of this one. Good night gentlemen!

POD Knows
Yea, this is going to be a massacre.

Chalupa Batman
Can we get the JMU-NDSU natty thread going already?

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 06:21 PM
Weber with a 1st down.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2019, 06:21 PM

Absolutely! The playoffs were a legit waste of time this year. It's crazy because it was obvious basically from September...

TennBison
December 21st, 2019, 06:22 PM
Can we get the JMU-NDSU natty thread going already?

Out of respect for those who would take offense to having the audacity to post before the game clock reaches 00:00 in the 4th we had better not. Don't want any snowflakes to get their panties in a bunch and cry that they are being disrespected. Give me two minutes and I will start it up.

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 06:23 PM
Weber QB looks like his arm was hurt

TennBison
December 21st, 2019, 06:24 PM
Absolutely! The playoffs were a legit waste of time this year. It's crazy because it was obvious basically from September...
Why did it take you so long, Bison and JMU fans/players knew it back in January.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2019, 06:25 PM
Why did it take you so long, Bison and JMU fans/players knew it back in January.

I saw DiNucci in person against Colgate last year....

I Bleed Purple
December 21st, 2019, 06:26 PM
Is that 4 drives and 12 plays?

Semifinals is the ceiling with that offense. No 5 turnovers this game.

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 06:27 PM
This is a snoozer

TennBison
December 21st, 2019, 06:28 PM
I saw DiNucci in person against Colgate last year....
That was a ploy in order to drive up the odds in Vegas for this years championship. And to increase streamer sales.

centennial
December 21st, 2019, 06:28 PM
Boring game.

Drblankstare
December 21st, 2019, 06:29 PM
How in gods name has Weber made this far with an offense this bad

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2019, 06:29 PM

JMU's defense is nasty. UNI's offense didn't fair much better last week...

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 06:30 PM
Weber finally brings some pressure.

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 06:30 PM
Wow, jmu has to punt

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 06:31 PM
That was a ploy in order to drive up the odds in Vegas for this years championship. And to increase streamer sales.

Streaming Dukes is another name for diarrhea.

TennBison
December 21st, 2019, 06:32 PM
My cell phone just sent me an alert message that JMU had to punt.

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 06:32 PM

xlolx

knit35
December 21st, 2019, 06:33 PM

similar to Bizun or Bizon for Bison

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 06:36 PM
Is Weber's punter a rugby player or does he just like to run sideways before kicking?

I Bleed Purple

It takes a very good offense to break Weber's defense. And the offense gets one or two drives a game.

Bison56

Good onexthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2019, 06:37 PM
Boring game.

just like every Bison game

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 06:37 PM

Ouch, someone call the burn unit

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 06:38 PM
It takes a non- big fluffy offense to break Weber's defense. And the offense gets one or two drives a game.

Fyp

knit35
December 21st, 2019, 06:41 PM
Ouch, someone call the burn unit

no need you can treat yourself. It’s just honesty

Bison56

Good onexthumbsupx

I Bleed Purple
Fyp

I don't understand.

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 06:42 PM

It was sarcasm. Your quip is old and tired, not to mention lame.

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 06:42 PM
Weber moving the ball

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 06:43 PM
Hmmmmm, Weber showing some life here

knit35
December 21st, 2019, 06:44 PM
It was sarcasm. Your quip is old and tired, not to mention lame.

Ok. Good news is there was limited effort also as the self dubbed sarcasm aficionado you might have recognized mine as such. Also who really cares

Bison56
Maybe JMU went vanilla on the last 2 drives.

cx500d
How’d that happen?

POD Knows
December 21st, 2019, 06:45 PM
Ha, TD Grills, got a little lucky but new life.

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 06:50 PM
I don't know how they missed #77 with the hold

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 06:51 PM
Do they not call holding in semi final games?

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 06:52 PM
Apparently they do, sometimes

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 06:53 PM
Holy **** that was holding

centennial
JMU's backfield is holding quite a bit. And then on the punt return, I saw a few holds/ block in the back too. Refs really not calling anything.

Bison56
Apparently they do, sometimes

I was starting to wonder lol

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 06:54 PM
77 is going to have the DE naked by the end of the game he's pulling the jersey so hard

Drblankstare
December 21st, 2019, 06:55 PM
What a **** show to end this half

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 06:56 PM
77 is going to have the DE naked by the end of the game he's pulling the jersey so hard

Could you imagine how pissed he would have been if they gave him an unsportsmanlike xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
Answered prayer!!

Doooks
That'll teach you to ice the kicker

cx500d
Weber gives the kicker another chance

Drblankstare
Just hilarious. What is Weber doing

gsf23nd
Stupid ass coaching. Icing a kicker almost never works.

Schism55
December 21st, 2019, 06:57 PM
Wow, brutal :(

POD Knows
Are you freaking kidding me.

centennial
Stupid.

cx500d
Weber is impotent, the coach too

Prime Power
December 21st, 2019, 06:58 PM
Lol at the moron calling a timeout.

Christiank22
Lmao

Bison56
You have to have strong hands when you imprison people against there will.

Chalupa Batman
Weber actually had a chance if they go into the locker room down 10. Should be too much now

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 06:59 PM
You have to have strong hands when you imprison people against there will.

That’s just good scouting

semobison
December 21st, 2019, 07:01 PM
Weber was getting back in the game and then they blow it!

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 07:01 PM
Pathetic coverage from the Weber dbacks. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know where the ball was going, and they just watched it go to Stapleton.

Roamingriz
December 21st, 2019, 07:42 PM
It's too bad Weber didn't have a little better qb, he's missed so many of the few easier shots JMU has allowed. Credit the pressure for sure but he's flat out missed plenty.....

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 07:43 PM
It's too bad Weber didn't have a little better qb, he's missed so many of the few easier shots JMU has allowed. Credit the pressure for sure but he's flat out missed plenty.....

He has to be frustrating the Weber fans.

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 07:46 PM

Watson and Sproles are going to be running free quite a bit me thinks. Lance won’t miss nearly as many throws as Constantine.

Roamingriz
December 21st, 2019, 07:48 PM

Could use a loaner right about now from just about any other big sky team(except the bobcats)

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 07:49 PM
Could use a loaner right about now from just about any other team(except the bobcats)

Fyp

I Bleed Purple
December 21st, 2019, 07:52 PM

More annoyed with OC

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 07:55 PM
How many open guys can the Weber QB miss?

I Bleed Purple
December 21st, 2019, 07:55 PM
FG down 20 in the 4th?

Doesn't matter. Go for it. Boo.

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 07:56 PM
Hopefully all of them

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 07:57 PM
A FG, really? Just get on the plane and go home.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully all of them

He almost has xlolx

Prime Power
December 21st, 2019, 07:58 PM
Jay Hill has made some questionable decisions in this game to say the least.

Roamingriz
December 21st, 2019, 07:59 PM
More annoyed with OC

That DC tho.... 😉

I Bleed Purple
December 21st, 2019, 08:07 PM
That DC tho.... 

That's basically Hill.

Three top notch FCS units out there tonight, JMU defense, Weber defense, and JMU offense.

Gangtackle11
December 21st, 2019, 08:09 PM
Turn out the lights......the party’s over!! xpeacex

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 08:17 PM
Surprised they didnt throw a flag.

whoanellie
December 21st, 2019, 08:19 PM
better not get any targeting ejections at this stage

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 08:27 PM
The JMU dynasty continues.

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 08:27 PM

I'm gonna throw a streamer just for you

Drblankstare
December 21st, 2019, 08:29 PM
Should be a hell of a championship game

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 08:31 PM
Congrats dookies...see you in Frisco.

Christiank22
December 21st, 2019, 08:33 PM

Lmao

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 08:34 PM
That was a pretty boring game. Hopefully the championship is close like last time we played, but with us on top this time.

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 08:38 PM
I'm gonna throw a streamer just for you

I'm looking forward to streamer gate 2.0

GreatGreatGreat
December 21st, 2019, 08:40 PM
Congrats JMU. We’ll be cheering for purple but my brain says North Dakota is the best team again. See you next year! I believe we only lose 2 starters so Weber will be back!

Bisonator
December 21st, 2019, 08:41 PM
Congrats to the Dukes! See ya in Frisco! Don't forget the green and gold streamers!xthumbsupx

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 09:14 PM
The JMU dynasty continues.I was thinking the same thing. These 2 teams have combined for the last 9 championships after all. [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2019, 09:29 PM
I was thinking the same thing. These 2 teams have combined for the last 9 championships after all. [emoji106]

JMU has no question taken the role as the dominant Eastern FCS program; and then some. App State's move to FBS, Delaware's demise combined with the JMU administration stepping up has resulted in the Dukes significant footprint. They could play in the AAC right now....

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 09:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing. These 2 teams have combined for the last 9 championships after all. [emoji106]

I'm with you! JMU has had an incredible run of championship this decade.

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 09:34 PM
They could play in the AAC right now....

Our football team would do well in AAC, however, we have about .000001% chance of an invite. Maybe we could have a two team league with Liberty.

cx500d
December 21st, 2019, 09:38 PM
Our football team would do well in AAC, however, we have about .000001% chance of an invite. Maybe we could have a two team league with Liberty.
3 teams, with NC A&T

POD Knows
December 21st, 2019, 09:40 PM
3 teams, with NC A&THey, can NCAT hurry and become FBS by next fall so maybe the Bison can get two FBS wins. :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2019, 09:41 PM

It's tough enough to gain relevancy as a G5. Either AAC or stay in FCS and compete for titles. Middling bowl games are pointless. At least in the AAC there's the potential for the bball program to take off nationally. At the end of the day the AAC is still a bball conference at its core imo. That's where the ceiling is still Final 4/National Title....

Doooks
December 21st, 2019, 10:07 PM
FBS teams I would like us to play every year: Marshall, App St, Old Dominion, Va Tech , Virginia, E Carolina, Coastal Carolina, Charlotte, Vanderbilt (just to say we beat an SEC team every year). We could squeeze all those in around the CAA games I'm sure.

Derby City Duke
December 22nd, 2019, 09:24 AM
Most interesting thing I heard during last night's game (just finished watching on the DVR) -- the play-by-play guy talked about a planned renovation to the north side of the stadium (the one you see on all broadcasts) in the next couple years to expand capacity. First I'd heard about that.

Would be nice to see as they averaged nearly 23K this season prior to the playoffs. Wonder if this is their next step toward angling for an FBS invite.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2019, 09:37 AM
Most interesting thing I heard during last night's game (just finished watching on the DVR) -- the play-by-play guy talked about a planned renovation to the north side of the stadium (the one you see on all broadcasts) in the next couple years to expand capacity. First I'd heard about that.

Would be nice to see as they averaged nearly 23K this season prior to the playoffs. Wonder if this is their next step toward angling for an FBS invite.
They should angle for more than 10k fans at a semifinal first

Derby City Duke
December 22nd, 2019, 09:46 AM

Well, I guess if they finally move to FBS, they won't have to worry about drawing for post-season home games -- only regular season attendance will be important.

My case, live 8+ hour drive away, school events/competitions with my students take the 1st 2 weekends after Thanksgiving weekend, and I've got 25 people coming to my house for Christmas Eve dinner. Way too much to take almost 2 days away from home.

Derby City Duke
December 22nd, 2019, 09:52 AM

Checked the box score:

10,487 > 10,000

xdrunkyx

But yeah, we should draw better .

UNHWildcat18
December 22nd, 2019, 09:53 AM

right before Christmas in the freezing Cold is a bit tougher sell than a 70 degree dome.

Christiank22
December 22nd, 2019, 09:56 AM
right before Christmas in the freezing Cold is a bit tougher sell than a 70 degree dome.

Wasn’t it like 30 some degrees last night? Lol that’s pretty warm my friend.

KPSUL
December 22nd, 2019, 10:29 AM
I was at the game sitting on the visitors side, so I had a good view of the home side of the stadium and not being a JMU fan I think I can be very objective about the crowd. The upper deck was sparsely populated compared to regular season games, but the lower stands on the home side were pretty well packed (except for the club seats; but most of those folks were standing at the club windows) and the middle sections on the visitor side were designated as General Admission for this game and were pretty well full of rowdy JMU fans likely mainly students or recent graduates.. Fans got to their seats earlier than you'd see at a regular season game and very few fans left before the final 5 minutes of the game. The JMU crowd was very loud for its size and was actively into the game - all game long. The 10,487 sounds like it's right on the money; where as the 23k reported as the regular season average is way more than the actual butts in seats total for either of the regular season JMU home games I attended this year. (UNH & Towson) Like everywhere else, JMU counts all season tickets in attendance totals whether or not there is an ass in it. So all things considered it was a good crowd that was into the game and likely helped the JMU cause.

KPSUL
December 22nd, 2019, 10:41 AM

In fact, counting this season, really only the last four. I don't think JMU won any playoff games 2012 thru 2015, so I wouldn't count JMU in until their Championship year of 2016.

Chalupa Batman
December 22nd, 2019, 11:17 AM
In fact, counting this season, really only the last four. I don't think JMU won any playoff games 2012 thru 2015, so I wouldn't count JMU in until their Championship year of 2016.I will be shocked if some article previewing this game doesn't say something along the lines of "After this game is over these 2 teams will have won every one the last 9 titles." Similar things were written before the 2017 game. I was mocking such statements.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2019, 11:18 AM
The dome was more like 67F

No_Skill
December 22nd, 2019, 11:30 AM
The dome was more like 67F

Yeah it's been brutal lately. I've been having to wear a light jacket.

Derby City Duke
December 22nd, 2019, 02:50 PM

JMU Athletics spokesman Kevin Warner posted the following to Facebook (added emphasis is mine) during an online discussion of the on-air comments:

Good evening, I serve as JMU Athletics spokesperson. When the stadium expansion started in 2009, there was conceptual artwork of what an expanded East Side could look like in the future, but there are currently no plans to expand Bridgeforth in the near future. Recent attendance trends have proven a good match for current capacity. Expansion reports during the ESPNU broadcast were erroneous.

So, we'll be able to continue to not fill up our current stadium for playoff games :D

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2019, 02:29 PM
catching the game late, props to Weber St RB Josh Davis #20..... he got talent!

cx500d
December 24th, 2019, 12:30 PM
JMU Athletics spokesman Kevin Warner posted the following to Facebook (added emphasis is mine) during an online discussion of the on-air comments:

Good evening, I serve as JMU Athletics spokesperson. When the stadium expansion started in 2009, there was conceptual artwork of what an expanded East Side could look like in the future, but there are currently no plans to expand Bridgeforth in the near future. Recent attendance trends have proven a good match for current capacity. Expansion reports during the ESPNU broadcast were erroneous.

So, we'll be able to continue to not fill up our current stadium for playoff games :D

That's more like it! You can more efficiently not fill it up, vice being inefficient not filling it up

Derby City Duke
December 24th, 2019, 03:46 PM
That's more like it! You can more efficiently not fill it up, vice being inefficient not filling it up

If I could give you rep, I would. Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the Bison horde!