PDA

View Full Version : Montana State Will Beat this North Dakota St Bison

Grizzlies82
December 14th, 2019, 01:32 PM
NDSU looks very beatable. Offense and defense are decent but this is not a Championship team playing today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 14th, 2019, 01:36 PM
I think Montana State has a shot. I don't think this NDSU Bison staff is quite up to par with previous editions. The Bobcats have the line play to go in there and win. NDSU is still the solid favorite but not an overwhelming one imo. 7-10 pts?

BisonTru
December 14th, 2019, 01:40 PM
I’ll be impressed if they don’t buy out of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride
December 14th, 2019, 01:43 PM
I doubt it.

jadmt
December 14th, 2019, 01:49 PM
I bet MSU is frothing at the bit to play after watching today's game. NDSU looks pretty average.

CopperCat
December 14th, 2019, 01:51 PM

The NDSU butthurt is still pretty strong apparently.

wapiti
December 14th, 2019, 01:52 PM

Really??? Get over it. Move On!

deez_na
December 14th, 2019, 01:52 PM
I enjoy reactions after 1 game. You think this was the typical bison?

Christiank22
December 14th, 2019, 01:57 PM
I hope we ****ing lose. I’m disgusted with this offensive play calling. This team needs to figure this **** out. ****.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 14th, 2019, 01:58 PM

They weren't completely on point last week either. I tend to think Nicholls State is better than ISUr but the Redbirds familiarity helped to keep it closer today. Either way, the Bison need to play better next week. The Bobcats are a significant step up in competition relative to NSU an ISUr imo.

Grizzlies82
December 14th, 2019, 01:59 PM

No. This team is nothing like most of your teams. They’re good but not great 👍

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2019, 02:01 PM
No. This team is nothing like most of your teams. They’re good but not great 

A "good" Bison team might still be good enough against the FCS.

deez_na
December 14th, 2019, 02:05 PM
They weren't completely on point last week either. I tend to think Nicholls State is better than ISUr but the Redbirds familiarity helped to keep it closer today. Either way, the Bison need to play better next week. The Bobcats are a significant step up in competition relative to NSU an ISUr imo.
Yeah they struggled last week and today but if they show up they should beat Montana st fairly easy

Drblankstare
December 14th, 2019, 02:07 PM
The Montana St team that got beat by UND scoring 12 points. That team is going to beat NDSU next week?

NDSU hasn’t looked great these last couple weeks, but I’m just not seeing it.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2019, 02:08 PM
A "good" Bison team might still be good enough against the FCS.

this here

Redbird Ray
December 14th, 2019, 02:08 PM

Significant? BS. They beat the worst team in our conference by 9. They will play a better offense next week, but they will not play a better defense.

BisonTru
December 14th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Really??? Get over it. Move On!

Y’all grow a set? Cuz I’d suggest bringing them to Fargo. The confidence is cute but looks will only take you so far.

jadmt
December 14th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Nobody beats ndsu, until of course they beat them..I think MSU poses a big problem for the Bison. Not sure how well the Bison will play from behind...I can't stand Choate but I think he is on to something.

CopperCat
December 14th, 2019, 02:11 PM
Yeah they struggled last week and today but if they show up they should beat Montana st fairly easy

MSU is carrying a TON of momentum right now. That defensive unit is going to challenge Lance and co on every play next weekend. If you think NDSU wins that game easily, you haven't been paying attention.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 14th, 2019, 02:13 PM
Significant? BS. They beat the worst team in our conference by 9. They will play a better offense next week, but they will not play a better defense.

The defense might not be quite as good but the offense will be much better. Overall, i definitely think Montana State is a step-up relative to ISUr this year.

katss07
December 14th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Would love to see it, should be a great game. Hard to pick against the Bison in the dome but you never know.

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2019, 02:26 PM

That's the million dollar question. That and WTF coaches step it up holy ****.

GreatGreatGreat
December 14th, 2019, 02:27 PM
The Montana St team that got beat by UND scoring 12 points. That team is going to beat NDSU next week?

NDSU hasn’t looked great these last couple weeks, but I’m just not seeing it.
The Bobcats have peaked and are playing the best football compared to the rest of the remaining field. Bringing up their worst loss back in October is pretty irrelevant.

semobison
December 14th, 2019, 02:38 PM

Yep, Good post. UNI and ISUr both showed this weekend what kind of defense is played in the MVFC.
Bison do look vulnerable though. Very predictable on offense today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 14th, 2019, 02:48 PM
Yep, Good post. UNI and ISUr both showed this weekend what kind of defense is played in the MVFC.

JMU is nasty too in the trenches. This is a really stout Final 4. I really don't remember a semifinals with arguably the 4 best teams. All 4 are strong along the lines, can run the ball and rarely beat themselves. This is old school NFC East (Johnson, Gibbs, Ryan and Parcells)......

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 02:53 PM
They weren't completely on point last week either. I tend to think Nicholls State is better than ISUr but the Redbirds familiarity helped to keep it closer today. Either way, the Bison need to play better next week. The Bobcats are a significant step up in competition relative to NSU an ISUr imo.Disagree, MSU lost to UND. :D

JayMYou
December 14th, 2019, 02:58 PM

Did UNI, Ill St and the Bison "show this weekend what kind of offense is played in the MVFC"?

SUPharmacist
December 14th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Unsure what to expect out of this game, but very excited. Hopefully the close call this week will draw all the fans in.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Did UNI, Ill St and the Bison "show this weekend what kind of offense is played in the MVFC"?NDSU is averaging 35 points a game or something like that but we have had three pretty iffy offensive games in a row. UNI and ISUr were MASH units posing as FCS offenses.

jadmt
December 14th, 2019, 03:08 PM
The Bobcats have peaked and are playing the best football compared to the rest of the remaining field. Bringing up their worst loss back in October is pretty irrelevant.

no kidding especially now that Ifanse is heathy and in freight train mode and Rovig is finally getting his sea legs and getting better each game and Kassis is playing lights out. I would say comparing an MSU October team to December team is night and day difference.

Drblankstare
December 14th, 2019, 03:13 PM

Your right, it’s wrong of me to bring up a common opponent from their 8th game of the year. My apologies.

JayMYou
December 14th, 2019, 03:14 PM
NDSU is averaging 35 points a game or something like that but we have had three pretty iffy offensive games in a row. UNI and ISUr were MASH units posing as FCS offenses.

The Bison have an incredible offense. I'm just pointing out the obvious spin on positives, and glossing over of negatives that lead to these gross generalizations. Morehead State scored more on Ill St than NDSU did. There's plenty of data to prop up just about any position.

CHIP72
December 14th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Based on another, recently created thread, the title of this thread should be "How bad is Montana State going to beat North Dakota State in the National Semifinals?"

JacksFan40
December 14th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Bison have struggled last 3 games against SIU, Nicholls, and ISUr. I’m tempted to pick the Bobcats but knowing NDSU they’ll win by 40.

BisonTru
December 14th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Lots of short memories.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2019, 03:26 PM
No reason that Montana St shouldn't be 100% confident in their ability to win next week. I can only hope that the Bison offense, especially their O-line, has an epiphany after their performance today but I'll believe it when I see it (Vikings fan coming out in me for that one).

In a certain weird way it's kind of refreshing to have a game where I really have no idea if my Bison will win or lose. I hope this wakes of the spoiled faction of our fan base and gets us to a sell out next week but I'll believe that when I see it too.

Prime Power
December 14th, 2019, 03:27 PM
Did UNI, Ill St and the Bison "show this weekend what kind of offense is played in the MVFC"?

JMU scored 10 points...their offense is overrated because of a weak ass CAA. Look at all the scores in the quarters, the 60 point blowout wins are over.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 03:28 PM
Bison have struggled last 3 games against SIU, Nicholls, and ISUr. I’m tempted to pick the Bobcats but knowing NDSU they’ll win by 40.I got MSU by 7, it is freaking lock #BOOKIT

Bison56
December 14th, 2019, 03:37 PM
These close games have my Jergens stock going through the roof, if NDSU does lose I will be able to retire.

JacksFan40
December 14th, 2019, 03:37 PM
I got MSU by 7, it is freaking lock #BOOKIT
Yep definitely taking NDSU now.

catbob
December 14th, 2019, 03:41 PM
MSU played such a sloppy game against AP, sloppiest since dare I say it - UND. But the good news is our defense is lights out and a sloppy MSU offense right now is still 2 TDs better than we were in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Yep definitely taking NDSU now.Your funeral #BOOKIT

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2019, 03:56 PM
Montana State beat Albany and Austin Peay at home

Next week we will finally know if there any good

Silenoz
December 14th, 2019, 03:58 PM
Maybe. If it happens, it's because NDSU got a taste of its own medicine.

Go...Cats? I can't believe I'm saying that.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 14th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Montana State beat Albany and Austin Peay at home

Next week we will finally know if there any good

They beat up on both of them pretty good. That's impressive in its own right. We got the four best teams playing next week. The bracket fillers have been eliminated.....

Bisonator
December 14th, 2019, 04:41 PM
What's funny is, this Bison team is 14-0, on the longest winning streak in FCS history, 9th straight year in the Semi-finals and it's a rebuilding year for us. xlolx

NDB
December 14th, 2019, 04:44 PM
And I'm still unhappy with our performance today.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2019, 04:50 PM
And I'm still unhappy with our performance today.
As are most Bison fans. We are incredibly spoiled. The expectations for our program are almost idiotic at this point. Anything short of the Championship will be considered a failure.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 14th, 2019, 04:51 PM
What's funny is, this Bison team is 14-0, on the longest winning streak in FCS history, 9th straight year in the Semi-finals and it's a rebuilding year for us. xlolx

Indeed!

NDSU and JMU are still headed on the collision course that most felt was destined since Gignetti took over for Houston last winter. But, the two power's margin for error is a little smaller than some thought 3-4 weeks ago. Both have talented but not perfect quarterbacks and first year coaching staffs. Montana State and Weber State are both damn good. Each can punch a ticket to Frisco if their respective opponents don't bring their "A" game.

ming01
December 14th, 2019, 05:11 PM
That's what we want you to think. At the same time NDSU csnnot afford to only show up on one side of the ball to win next week.

Herdistheword
December 14th, 2019, 05:41 PM
The Bobcats could win, but this is still a team that is undefeated on the year. Anyone is beatable, but let’s not pretend that today somehow makes NDSU worse than they are. They are still a darn good team.

NDSU1980
December 14th, 2019, 05:52 PM
Montana State lost to UND. That shows just how beatable they are.

profisme
December 14th, 2019, 06:03 PM

Absolutely. I was pissed off about that loss. Apparently so were the Bobcats who had a galvanizing moment. MSU is not a pushover and will be the toughest test for NDSU this year.

da_Bison
December 14th, 2019, 06:15 PM
Over the years in the playoffs we have had a few close , “very close” wins at the end of games ln the playoffs like SDSU last seconds of the game catch from Wentz to Shepard, GSU last second win on 4th and goal Jensen TD , and a tough one against UNI. Didn’t lessen the fact that those years(3) we still won championships. MSU fans that think they’re gonna crush us next week is some funny ****

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Over the years in the playoffs we have had a few close , “very close” wins at the end of games ln the playoffs like SDSU last seconds of the game catch from Wentz to Shepard, GSU last second win on 4th and goal Jensen TD , and a tough one against UNI. Didn’t lessen the fact that those years(3) we still won championships. MSU fans that think they’re gonna crush us next week is some funny ****
New year new teams. Given what's happened in the last 3 games for each team Montana St fans have every reason to think their team can win in the Fargodome next week. That said this Bison team, even when not at their best, is tough as nails to beat at home. I could do without the bravado from fans on both sides but that's generally what happens by this point in the playoffs. It'll be settled on the field next Saturday.

da_Bison
December 14th, 2019, 06:25 PM
New year new teams. Given what's happened in the last 3 games for each team Montana St fans have every reason to think their team can win in the Fargodome next week. That said this Bison team, even when not at their best, is tough as nails to beat at home. I could do without the bravado from fans on both sides but that's generally what happens by this point in the playoffs. It'll be settled on the field next Saturday.
i hear ya, but if we don’t come out pissed off and firing on all cylinders next week “offensively “ I will be shocked

deez_na
December 14th, 2019, 06:33 PM
MSU is carrying a TON of momentum right now. That defensive unit is going to challenge Lance and co on every play next weekend. If you think NDSU wins that game easily, you haven't been paying attention.

Guess we will see how it goes then

catbob
December 14th, 2019, 07:01 PM

Yea. Show me one MSU fan who thinks we are going to crush the Bison?

Bison56
December 14th, 2019, 07:09 PM
Love this place this time of year, so much good stuff to read. xthumbsupx

dewey
December 14th, 2019, 07:35 PM

One correction.

The 2014 comeback win against SDSU was Wentz to Lengendowski not Shepherd.

Dewey

cats2506
December 14th, 2019, 07:42 PM
Maybe. If it happens, it's because NDSU got a taste of its own medicine.

Go...Cats? I can't believe I'm saying that.

we accept the support xthumbsupx

ps You forgot the first part of that chant

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2019, 07:45 PM
we accept the support xthumbsupx

ps You forgot the first part of that chant

CCCCCCCCC A T S! Wheres that YouTube video?

Chalupa Batman
December 14th, 2019, 08:33 PM
i hear ya, but if we don’t come out pissed off and firing on all cylinders next week “offensively “ I will be shocked

I have no doubt the players will be fired up and hyper focused, but I'm more worried about what kind of game Roehl will call. Today isn't the first time he's gone conservative.

wapiti
December 14th, 2019, 08:36 PM

MSU also lost to Sac State who lost to AP who lost to MSU

wapiti
December 14th, 2019, 08:38 PM
Y’all grow a set? Cuz I’d suggest bringing them to Fargo. The confidence is cute but looks will only take you so far.

Have you had too much to drink when you posted this?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2019, 08:39 PM

Pfft….Montana State's defense is nothing like ISU's...not even close.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2019, 08:43 PM

Maybe they have some of dat southern spead.

kdinva
December 14th, 2019, 09:17 PM
Kickoff @ 2 PM, on ESPN2

ming01
December 14th, 2019, 09:23 PM
Lets see how good the Kitties are away from home

CopperCat
December 14th, 2019, 11:19 PM

You're right. It's better.

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2019, 11:23 PM

xlolx

da_Bison
December 14th, 2019, 11:30 PM

not even close https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/22

Herder
December 15th, 2019, 04:15 AM
The demise of the Bison has been greatly exaggerated. Look out Bobcats.

That 6 point lead in the 2nd half yesterday might as well have been 26.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2019, 07:13 AM

xlolx….ya, check out those FCS defensive stats given to you.

We'll see come Saturday.

CorrosionDoc
December 15th, 2019, 07:20 AM
This thread is amazing. Started by a Griz fan, then a Lehigh fan saying that MSU might have a shot, and suddenly, NDSU thinks they're being attacked by Bobcat fans? Wow... I think y'all are a little bit overly sensitive.

kalm
December 15th, 2019, 08:00 AM
not even close https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/22

They haven't proven to be better but a couple of things to consider...MSU has faced 5 teams in the top 30 in total offens plus TTU while ISU faced 2 plus NIU. Since their loss to Sac on October 12th, Montana State has given up just 14 ppg over the last 7 which includes several elite offenses.

I'd say they're probably comparable.

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2019, 08:50 AM
They haven't proven to be better but a couple of things to consider...MSU has faced 5 teams in the top 30 in total offens plus TTU while ISU faced 2 plus NIU. Since their loss to Sac on October 12th, Montana State has given up just 14 ppg over the last 7 which includes several elite offenses.

I'd say they're probably comparable.

I think you can throw out the stats on this one. Young Bison team with a first year coach, will have a chance in this game.

kalm
December 15th, 2019, 09:36 AM
I think you can throw out the stats on this one. Young Bison team with a first year coach, will have a chance in this game.

Gil...you sandbagging SOB! 😅

I’d still put the line somewhere around 8 or 10.

100%GRIZ
December 15th, 2019, 09:52 AM
Any chance Anderson plays for MSU?

kittiekop
December 15th, 2019, 09:56 AM
Rumor is no. Done for the season, but pretty tight lipped about the actual injury (injuries), so wouldn't be totally shocked to see him either. I'd bet he's done.

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2019, 11:11 AM
I'd say that out of the last decade if there was a Bison team to beat this year is it due to inexperienced coaches and so many freshman players. If I was a bobcat fan I'd be excited for their chances. Every team in the FCS is watching these games and the coaches now have a roadmap to what worked to slow down NDSU. This is where not only the coaches at NDSU but the players need to up their game.

I'd also say that the Oline has looked pedestrian these last several weeks. The reasons for that are arguable but either way they have not played as a unit on offense like were used to seeing from NDSU teams and for that other teams are liking their chances against us. Defensively NDSU is just fine but you have to give your defense a rest at times and that's where slowing down or stopping our offense comes into play and hurts the team.

Will MSU be able to repeat what ISU did? They've been shown the keys to doing it. Will NDSU coaches get this figured out in one week? We'll see. TR better get a better game plan put into place.

jadmt
December 15th, 2019, 11:55 AM
Rumor is no. Done for the season, but pretty tight lipped about the actual injury (injuries), so wouldn't be totally shocked to see him either. I'd bet he's done.

Sounds like he was/is pretty banged up head to toe. I bet it is killing him not to be on the field. Sounds like Choate might have had him playing hurt in a couple of earlier games and now paying the price, altho those were probably do or die games as far as having any chance of playoffs so who knows how it all played out. I hope he is healthy for the game.

technocat
December 15th, 2019, 12:24 PM
I doubt Andersen will play unless he gets a week of practice in. Hardy/Okada have been picking up the slack on defense and Jonsen/Ifanse have on offense. Don't want to mess with our chemistry just to insert him in a 70% last minute.

I doubt you will find a Bobcat fan who thinks we stroll into Fargo and whoop them on the road. I just know that I've seen a team that tends to let teams hang around a bit all year and we aren't the team rolling into Fargo we were last time. We all knew we would get crushed because almost all of our impact players were beat all to hell. This year we have spread the responsibility and the punishment and it has showed by us being relatively healthy at the moment. If NDSU rolls out that vanilla offense like they did against ISUr and expects to win 9-3 again then they will be in trouble. I highly doubt this will be the case and am guessing the first team to 21 probably wins. Should be a great game and one to remember for a long time!

NDSUtk
December 15th, 2019, 01:18 PM
I just know that I've seen a team that tends to let teams hang around a bit all year and we aren't the team rolling into Fargo we were last time.

All year NDSU has let teams hang on?? Which games??

57-10, 47 point margin
38-7, 31 point margin
47-22, 25 point margin
27-16, 11 point margin
37-3, 34 point margin
46-14, 32 point margin
22-0, 22 point margin
23-16, 7 point margin (SDSU)
56-17, 39 point margin
57-21, 36 point margin
49-14, 35 point margin
21-7, 14 point margin
37-13, 24 point margin
9-3, 6 point margin
Average: 25.9 points

Two games have been within a touchdown - SDSU and Illinois State. Two more games were within two TDs. The other 10 games have been three possession games or more with an average of a four possession game. I would hardly say teams have been hanging around all season.

Daytripper
December 15th, 2019, 01:34 PM
It should be a good game. Running downhill and good secondary play seems to be the formula for Bison opponents to stick close and maybe have a chance to win.

Hammerhead
December 15th, 2019, 02:38 PM
I have no idea what to expect on Saturday. That’s what makes the playoffs so fun.

Silenoz
December 15th, 2019, 03:02 PM
NDSU fans are keyed on Andersen because of last year, but he has honestly been not nearly as much of a cog this year. Whether he plays or not will have little bearing on the final score.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 15th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Yea. Show me one MSU fan who thinks we are going to crush the Bison?

I got text messages from 5 or 6 of them that used the phrases "we are gonna kill the Bison" "If we dont beat that Bison team by 20+ the season will be a disaster" "we are too violent for them to be able to handle our offense" "the rout is on" I just kept responding "sure"

The cats are going to find out that playing in the BSC is a WHOLE ****ING LOT DIFFERENT than playing a MVFC team in the playoffs. I really don't see any difference in this game as the last time the cats played them in the playoffs. Maybe the cats will score more than 10 this game.

Just like the poster above pointed out the Bison have had a few close games and the one loss to JMU all of them are close. No blow outs that right there proves these cat fans are delusional about that ****box team they have. Its a very average team that gonna run into a ****ing buzz saw this weekend.

NDSU -41
cats - 13

Hammersmith
December 15th, 2019, 04:40 PM
Maybe they have some of dat southern spead.

Shoot. I thought maybe NDSU would be the southern school for once(and have claim to the southern speed thing), but Bozeman is still one degree of latitude south of Fargo. Missoula wouldn't have worked either; ever so slightly south of Fargo(53 seconds of latitude).

Bison56
December 15th, 2019, 06:00 PM
Shoot. I thought maybe NDSU would be the southern school for once(and have claim to the southern speed thing), but Bozeman is still one degree of latitude south of Fargo. Missoula wouldn't have worked either; ever so slightly south of Fargo(53 seconds of latitude).

What a nerd

technocat
December 15th, 2019, 07:06 PM
All year NDSU has let teams hang on?? Which games??

57-10, 47 point margin
38-7, 31 point margin
47-22, 25 point margin
27-16, 11 point margin
37-3, 34 point margin
46-14, 32 point margin
22-0, 22 point margin
23-16, 7 point margin (SDSU)
56-17, 39 point margin
57-21, 36 point margin
49-14, 35 point margin
21-7, 14 point margin
37-13, 24 point margin
9-3, 6 point margin
Average: 25.9 points

Two games have been within a touchdown - SDSU and Illinois State. Two more games were within two TDs. The other 10 games have been three possession games or more with an average of a four possession game. I would hardly say teams have been hanging around all season.

Hang around as in being within 4 points of Nicholls near the end of the 3rd quarter. Only being up by 15 to Missouri State halfway through the fourth quarter. Davis being within 4 with several chances to take a lead in the fourth. Just saying if you let the Cats hang around, we might surprise you.

CommishBigSmooth
December 15th, 2019, 07:26 PM
Hang around as in being within 4 points of Nicholls near the end of the 3rd quarter. Only being up by 15 to Missouri State halfway through the fourth quarter. Davis being within 4 with several chances to take a lead in the fourth. Just saying if you let the Cats hang around, we might surprise you.

So we shouldn't mention Montana State "only" being up on Western Illinois (who LOST to Missouri State) by 6 in the 4th quarter, with Western having 1st and 10 at the Bobcat 20 midway through the 4th?
And how you got run out of your own building despite "several chances" inside Sac State territory, got no points, and lost mainly because your defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down?
And letting UND "hang around" and losing on a blocked punt?

I wonder if deep down you'd bet an amount of money that would really matter to you on Montana State to go into the Fargodome and win. I'm not sure you would.

Drblankstare
December 15th, 2019, 08:29 PM
So we shouldn't mention Montana State "only" being up on Western Illinois (who LOST to Missouri State) by 6 in the 4th quarter, with Western having 1st and 10 at the Bobcat 20 midway through the 4th?
And how you got run out of your own building despite "several chances" inside Sac State territory, got no points, and lost mainly because your defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down?

I wonder if deep down you'd bet an amount of money that would really matter to you on Montana State to go into the Fargodome and win. I'm not sure you would.

It was explained to me earlier in this thread, that it is unfair to bring up any Mont St games that hadn’t happened in the last 3 weeks, you probably hadn’t heard...

NY Crusader 2010
December 15th, 2019, 08:56 PM
North Dakota State 24 Montana State 21

How far is the drive from Bozeman? Is it expected that Montana State will sell out it's allotment of tix?

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2019, 08:58 PM

How far is the drive from Bozeman? Is it expected that Montana State will sell out it's allotment of tix?

I'm sure they will.

Bisonoline
December 15th, 2019, 09:02 PM

11 hours if you obey the traffic laws. xlolx

Hammersmith
December 15th, 2019, 09:04 PM
What a nerd

True, and happy about it. But really, how hard is it to pull up the wikipedia page for each city and check their coordinates? They're in the info box right at the top. Took about a minute, including the subtraction.

Bisonoline
December 15th, 2019, 09:06 PM
True, and happy about it. But really, how hard is it to pull up the wikipedia page for each city and check their coordinates? They're in the info box right at the top. Took about a minute, including the subtraction.

Its not the work involved. Its the fact that you were the one who thought to do it.:D

cats2506
December 15th, 2019, 09:27 PM

Already did in under an hour, Bobcat fans have been buying directly from NDSU now.

dewey
December 15th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Already did in under an hour, Bobcat fans have been buying directly from NDSU now.

Makes complete sense. NDSU fans did the same thing to numerous other fanbases.

Safe travels to all MSU fans coming East next weekend.

Dewey

CommishBigSmooth
December 15th, 2019, 10:29 PM
It was explained to me earlier in this thread, that it is unfair to bring up any Mont St games that hadn’t happened in the last 3 weeks, you probably hadn’t heard...

Ah, my sincere apologies.

So I shouldn't bring up the fact they had to go overtime to beat a 3-8 Cal Poly team, either?

technocat
December 15th, 2019, 11:26 PM
Ah, my sincere apologies.

So I shouldn't bring up the fact they had to go overtime to beat a 3-8 Cal Poly team, either?

Well we aren't trying to make the argument that MSU is as good as the last 8 NDSU teams are we. Bring up those losses and close games all you want because we learned something from it. NDSU has won all those games so maybe haven't had the "luxury" of learning from them. We can go round and round but all I'm saying is that MSU probably has the best chance to beat NDSU out of any team they've faced in the playoffs and I expect a much better game than the 52-10 drubbing we got last year. Go Cats!

Catbooster
December 16th, 2019, 12:25 AM

I assure you that our football team has never been run out of our own building. We play in this thing called a stadium, which is the only proper place to play football. Football is not intended to be played in a building. xthumbsupx

catbob
December 16th, 2019, 02:15 AM
I got text messages from 5 or 6 of them that used the phrases "we are gonna kill the Bison" "If we dont beat that Bison team by 20+ the season will be a disaster" "we are too violent for them to be able to handle our offense" "the rout is on" I just kept responding "sure"

The cats are going to find out that playing in the BSC is a WHOLE ****ING LOT DIFFERENT than playing a MVFC team in the playoffs. I really don't see any difference in this game as the last time the cats played them in the playoffs. Maybe the cats will score more than 10 this game.

Just like the poster above pointed out the Bison have had a few close games and the one loss to JMU all of them are close. No blow outs that right there proves these cat fans are delusional about that ****box team they have. Its a very average team that gonna run into a ****ing buzz saw this weekend.

NDSU -41
cats - 13

Holy sour grapes, that is a priceless post.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 16th, 2019, 09:22 AM

MSU is playing good....buttttt they also havent played anyone at a high caliber in the playoffs yet. Since they lost to UND...they have only played won team (Montana) that would be considered a true top talent and contender.

technocat
December 16th, 2019, 10:23 AM
MSU is playing good....buttttt they also havent played anyone at a high caliber in the playoffs yet. Since they lost to UND...they have only played won team (Montana) that would be considered a true top talent and contender.

A little Freudian slip there? Would you really make the argument that APSU and Albany are not better than Weber, UNI, or ISUr on offense? At the least admit that our defense has been playing pretty lights out the last 3 games.

Silenoz
December 16th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Austin Peay destroyed Sac. That's good enough for me.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 16th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Holy sour grapes, that is a priceless post.

No sour grapes just logic and common sense. The BSC is a very average conference and only one or 2 teams even deserved to be in the playoffs this year. (Weber and SacSt) Its a very down year in the FCS and like I said last year everyone is playing for 2nd place in 2019 and 2020.

You wouldnt know anything about the playoffs anyway you are new and deluded like JMU fans are almost every year.

Derby City Duke
December 16th, 2019, 03:17 PM
JMU scored 10 points...their offense is overrated because of a weak ass CAA. Look at all the scores in the quarters, the 60 point blowout wins are over.

Not sure how we got dragged into this, but we did outscore all 3 MVFC teams combined this weekend 😁

Redbird 4th & short
December 16th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Not sure how we got dragged into this, but we did outscore all 3 MVFC teams combined this weekend 
you do know how many offensive injuries UNI and ISUr have had this year ??? And still made the quarters .....

BadlandsGrizFan
December 16th, 2019, 03:33 PM
A little Freudian slip there? Would you really make the argument that APSU and Albany are not better than Weber, UNI, or ISUr on offense? At the least admit that our defense has been playing pretty lights out the last 3 games.

Defense has been good all year....Im just saying its a little different when you play a team from a Power 3 with the athletes and depth and expectations of winning in the playoffs. AP was good but they werent ranked highly all season, and they certainly didnt have the depth of a BSC team. Yes they beat Sac but I think wed agree Sac was limping into the post season.

JMUNJ08
December 16th, 2019, 03:44 PM
you do know how many offensive injuries UNI and ISUr have had this year ??? And still made the quarters .....

And NDSU's problem was?

No one is denying the Defenses were good/ great but you still put 11 out there right? At some point you have to score points. Our output was poor but its a factual statement that we outscored all 3 teams combined...

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2019, 04:22 PM
And NDSU's problem was?

No one is denying the Defenses were good/ great but you still put 11 out there right? At some point you have to score points. Our output was poor but its a factual statement that we outscored all 3 teams combined...

JMU also outscored 6 NFL teams, like that matters at all.

MSUBobcat
December 16th, 2019, 04:32 PM
Defense has been good all year....Im just saying its a little different when you play a team from a Power 3 with the athletes and depth and expectations of winning in the playoffs. AP was good but they werent ranked highly all season, and they certainly didnt have the depth of a BSC team. Yes they beat Sac but I think wed agree Sac was limping into the post season.

Austin Peay was so not good that you picked them to beat the Cats by 7 in MTfan4life's pick em contest??? Okily dokily....xdrunkyx

Derby City Duke
December 16th, 2019, 04:50 PM

Apparently my cheesy smile emoticon didn’t make it through. Our offense got called out so I tossed a soft playful jab. Lighten up Francis.

Redbird 4th & short
December 16th, 2019, 07:28 PM
JMU also outscored 6 NFL teams, like that matters at all.

This

Redbird 4th & short
December 16th, 2019, 07:30 PM
Apparently my cheesy smile emoticon didn’t make it through. Our offense got called out so I tossed a soft playful jab. Lighten up Francis.
I was just making a relevant point .. no lighten up needed

Ivytalk
December 16th, 2019, 08:45 PM
An upset is not outside the realm of possibility. Even if the Bison get by the Cats, I think it’s JMU’s year. Much as I hate to admit it.

technocat
December 17th, 2019, 10:31 AM

You do know that Albany is in the CAA don't you? Came in second to JMU. ***Did not play JMU or Nova*** They beat several teams that people thought were going to the playoffs very late in the season.

AmsterBison
December 17th, 2019, 10:46 AM
What a nerd

Hey now.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 17th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Austin Peay was so not good that you picked them to beat the Cats by 7 in MTfan4life's pick em contest??? Okily dokily....xdrunkyx

To be fair..I always pick the Cats to lose......if the Cats were playing ISIS I would pick ISIS as the victor.

Redbird 4th & short
December 17th, 2019, 03:03 PM
And NDSU's problem was?

But you scored way below your average too. It was one game ..is your offense suddenly bad as well ??? No ... and neither is NDSU's. But my point is that both happened against other MVFC teams, who happened to have weak offenses due to many injuries. But that's what goes on in upper half of MVFC, usually it goes deeper into conference but not this year .. great interior line play and a commitment to defense.

As for NDSU .. same thing happened ... but one game does not mean NDSU suddenly can't move the ball. ISUr is a very big and strong defense who knows NDSU very well. We threw a lot at them and most of it worked that day. We're also a very big defense .. FBS bordering on NFL size for sure, who can move pretty well with our size ... look at our roster below and compare the weights to Mont St by position group.

https://goredbirds.com/sports/football/roster

We just put it altogether last week (schemes and execution) and had our most complete game defensively. But again, due in no small part to fact that we know them very well and have a big strong defense. Montana St is much smaller by comparison and just will not overpower NDSU and does not know them like we know them. Our front 3 runs 285 to 325 and goes 5 deep, our LBers run 235 to 250 and go 7 deep, our DBs run 190-200 and can cover/run like guys 10-20 lbs lighter.

Those 2 things will make a difference and IMO NDSU will find their groove again .. their blocking schemes will work like they've always worked and they won't get pushed around nearly as much as our game. It makes a difference especially as you get further into game.

Mfergy4
December 17th, 2019, 04:17 PM
But you scored way below your average too. It was one game ..is your offense suddenly bad as well ??? No ... and neither is NDSU's. But my point is that both happened against other MVFC teams, who happened to have weak offenses due to many injuries. But that's what goes on in upper half of MVFC, usually it goes deeper into conference but not this year .. great interior line play and a commitment to defense.

As for NDSU .. same thing happened ... but one game does not mean NDSU suddenly can't move the ball. ISUr is a very big and strong defense who knows NDSU very well. We threw a lot at them and most of it worked that day. We're also a very big defense .. FBS bordering on NFL size for sure, who can move pretty well with our size ... look at our roster below and compare the weights to Mont St by position group.

https://goredbirds.com/sports/football/roster

We just put it altogether last week (schemes and execution) and had our most complete game defensively. But again, due in no small part to fact that we know them very well and have a big strong defense. Montana St is much smaller by comparison and just will not overpower NDSU and does not know them like we know them. Our front 3 runs 285 to 325 and goes 5 deep, our LBers run 235 to 250 and go 7 deep, our DBs run 190-200 and can cover/run like guys 10-20 lbs lighter.

Those 2 things will make a difference and IMO NDSU will find their groove again .. their blocking schemes will work like they've always worked and they won't get pushed around nearly as much as our game. It makes a difference especially as you get further into game.

Thank you Redbird 4th and Short! You team played great Defense against us, congrats. Spack had a fantastic defensive plan and executed it with extreme prejudice. Tyler Roehl got schooled but he will learn from that. Next year could be another great game between the two and battle for the conference title, provided you find your passing game.
As for the MSU supporters, it is going to be fun to host the Bobcats. Sound like they will have a noisy bunch coming to the Dome due to our fickle fan base. BUT us 15,000 regular fans will also be in the House and not sitting on our hands. Lost of stats and comparisons happening but remember, it is 1 and done. Last week it history and this week is all that matters. BSC has always been on the light side of Defense, nature of your conference. MVFC has always been on the heavier side of defense and physicality, which has been the down fall of our conference since we kick each others butts so well. JMU had a tough time with UNI defense and if UNI had been a bit healthier on offense might have at least given a better accounting score wise. Again, history past. All I am going to venture now is this...going to be fun to watch both games to see who is in Frisco...pulling for my Bison, but anything can happen on Any Given Saturday. xthumbsupx

TennBison
December 17th, 2019, 08:28 PM
Well we aren't trying to make the argument that MSU is as good as the last 8 NDSU teams are we. Bring up those losses and close games all you want because we learned something from it. NDSU has won all those games so maybe haven't had the "luxury" of learning from them. We can go round and round but all I'm saying is that MSU probably has the best chance to beat NDSU out of any team they've faced in the playoffs and I expect a much better game than the 52-10 drubbing we got last year. Go Cats!
Kind of hard not to do better than a 52-10 drubbing. What did your team learn from those losses this year, that losing sucks (and you don't want to do it again). And NDSU has learned from all its wins that winning is great (and that they want to keep doing it).

TennBison
December 17th, 2019, 08:31 PM
I assure you that our football team has never been run out of our own building. We play in this thing called a stadium, which is the only proper place to play football. Football is not intended to be played in a building. xthumbsupx
Good thing for the Bison they play in a temple.

CopperCat
December 17th, 2019, 10:21 PM
Good thing for the Bison they play in a temple.
I just threw up a little.

Chalupa Batman
December 17th, 2019, 10:53 PM
I just threw up a little.

Did you make it to the carpet before you did?

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2019, 06:00 AM
Did you make it to the carpet before you did?

This made me laugh. Clearly a person with pets xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 06:07 AM
Picked up my tickets yesterday. It will be interesting to see how many season ticket seats are available from being not bought by holders?

dewey
December 18th, 2019, 06:27 AM
Picked up my tickets yesterday. It will be interesting to see how many season ticket seats are available from being not bought by holders?

I got my tickets yesterday via email from my father in law.

We are leaving St Paul at 0700 Saturday morning.

3 more sleeps until Bison football!

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 06:40 AM

Dewey

Sounds like this one will be a sellout.

UNHWildcat18
December 18th, 2019, 06:58 AM
You do know that Albany is in the CAA don't you? Came in second to JMU. ***Did not play JMU or Nova*** They beat several teams that people thought were going to the playoffs very late in the season.

To be fair no one was good in the CAA this year...cept for JMU I don't think you'll find a single CAA fan expecting a team not named JMU in the CAA to have made the quarters. A very down year for sure regardless of Albany's placement and as you said without games vs JMU or Nova.

- - - Updated - - -

How many MSU fans are expected to be in the Fargo Dome this Saturday?

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2019, 08:18 AM

Dewey

I'm leaving about 7am too, looks like good weather for the drive.

deez_na
December 21st, 2019, 03:29 PM

Think the NDSU team that showed up to play, struggled so far today?

GreatGreatGreat
December 21st, 2019, 03:35 PM
Think the NDSU team that showed up to play, struggled so far today?
Safe to say they’ve woken up. Never been a question if they were the best team in the country but they did have a less than stellar start to the playoff. Good teams will be caught sleepwalking sometimes and I think that’s what happened last weekend.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2019, 03:55 PM
NDSU looks very beatable. Offense and defense are decent but this is not a Championship team playing today.

Still think that?

Grizzlies82
December 21st, 2019, 04:03 PM
Still think that?

Yes. Still believe NDSU is beatable.

They played very well today. MSU forgot how to tackle. Like the Bisons chances but not seeing it as inevitable

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2019, 04:05 PM

They played very well today. MSU forgot how to tackle. Like the Bisons chances but not seeing it as inevitable

Oh I don't disagree but I do believe that if both NDSU and JMU/Weber play their best game NDSU wins.

steelbison
December 21st, 2019, 04:42 PM
Pretty much the worst take ever. Just because they kicked your sorry ass doesn’t mean ****

WeAreThePride
December 21st, 2019, 04:44 PM
I love threads that age well, like a fine cheese.

Grizzlies82
December 21st, 2019, 05:53 PM
Oh I don't disagree but I do believe that if both NDSU and JMU/Weber play their best game NDSU wins.

Fully agree.

Redbird 4th & short
December 22nd, 2019, 08:25 AM
Lesson learned for outsiders .... don't ignore line play .. size, speed, and schemes .. simply, a willingness and ability to grind it out in the trenches. This is why the MVFC did so well this year in playoffs .. and 2 of our teams (UNI and ISUr) suffered considerable season ending injuries on offense, yet sstill made quarters and competed with the 2 best teams. Line play.

semobison
December 22nd, 2019, 10:16 AM
Lesson learned for outsiders .... don't ignore line play .. size, speed, and schemes .. simply, a willingness and ability to grind it out in the trenches. This is why the MVFC did so well this year in playoffs .. and 2 of our teams (UNI and ISUr) suffered considerable season ending injuries on offense, yet sstill made quarters and competed with the 2 best teams. Line play.

Yeppers, funny this week how people are saying the Bison and JMU are head and shoulders above the rest of the FCS after playing against two Big Sky defenses when a week ago they both looked vulnerable after difficult wins over UNI and ISUr!

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2019, 10:19 AM

and they are still Pauls Wings

Redbird 4th & short
December 22nd, 2019, 10:53 AM
and they are still Pauls Wings

Yet Paul's Wings now have a .676 win % (25-12) from 2011 thru 2019. So far this year, MVFC is 7-3 overall, and with 2 our 3 loss being to other MVFC teams, the Wings went 3-1 against all other conferences this year. Not to mention, the 2 toughest wins for NDSU and JMU in their path to Natty were against ISUr and UNI in the quarters.

Question ... When is last time MVFC got 4 or more teams, and didn't completely prove it deserved all their bids if not more ... both Paul and the Wings.

Answer ... Never since 2010.

TennBison
December 22nd, 2019, 11:06 AM

Beatable by who, you named this thread saying MSU was going to win? Now you are sidestepping saying somebody can do it??

TennBison
December 22nd, 2019, 11:12 AM

NDSU hasn’t looked great these last couple weeks, but I’m just not seeing it.That is because you can't see the back of the NDSU trophie case through all the national championship trophies.

Herder
December 23rd, 2019, 02:47 PM
. . . Maybe in my lifetime.

Silenoz
December 23rd, 2019, 04:18 PM
I love how this whole thread is now about trying to get a Griz fan to eat crow about frickin' Montana State. Just gladly eat it man lol.

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2019, 04:23 PM
Yet Paul's Wings now have a .676 win % (25-12) from 2011 thru 2019. So far this year, MVFC is 7-3 overall, and with 2 our 3 loss being to other MVFC teams, the Wings went 3-1 against all other conferences this year. Not to mention, the 2 toughest wins for NDSU and JMU in their path to Natty were against ISUr and UNI in the quarters.

Question ... When is last time MVFC got 4 or more teams, and didn't completely prove it deserved all their bids if not more ... both Paul and the Wings.

Answer ... Never since 2010.

Yep Wings were good but always overshadowed by the big guy!

Redbird 4th & short
December 23rd, 2019, 05:08 PM
Yep Wings were good but always overshadowed by the big guy!
They overshadow everyone, but they do so less within the rest of their conference than every other conference, even Colonial .. you seem to have trouble just acknowledging what appears to be obvious ... possibly because it makes clear the MVFC has been better than Colonial since 2011 even excluding NDSU ??

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2019, 06:28 PM
They overshadow everyone, but they do so less within the rest of their conference than every other conference, even Colonial .. you seem to have trouble just acknowledging what appears to be obvious ... possibly because it makes clear the MVFC has been better than Colonial since 2011 even excluding NDSU ??

nobody is talking about the CAA... lol