PDA

View Full Version : How bad is North Dakota State going to beat James Madison in the National Championshi

penguinpower
December 13th, 2019, 09:28 PM
I dont know how to make a poll. I've watched all of the teams and these two are on a different level.

penguinpower
December 13th, 2019, 09:31 PM
NDSU by 10

clenz
December 13th, 2019, 09:52 PM
25 plus

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

KsawOwls
December 13th, 2019, 10:23 PM
JMU will win by 10

Christiank22
December 13th, 2019, 10:43 PM
JMU won’t make it

JMUNJ08
December 13th, 2019, 10:53 PM
Trolls and Bots everywhere! Must have missed the game today... JMU showed next to zero on offense and most vanilla I've seen since Mickey Matthews days. If this is the first time you saw them, that tape is useless

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2019, 11:10 PM
Trolls and Bots everywhere! Must have missed the game today... JMU showed next to zero on offense and most vanilla I've seen since Mickey Matthews days. If this is the first time you saw them, that tape is useless

They didn't go vanilla until after the interception in the 3rd. They weren't overly impressive on offense up to that point either.

That said I'm fully expecting JMU to be more effective on offense next week but with all that good field position they had tonight the scoring output has to be concerning.

Bison56
December 13th, 2019, 11:35 PM
Amazing what homers will tell themselves.

Redbird 4th & short
December 14th, 2019, 05:32 AM
Ahem ... one more game to play ?? I'm going to send this thread to Spack for his bulletin board material .. though i suspect it's pretty full already.

I guess well just have to shock the FCS world today !!!!

xcoffeex

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2019, 05:37 AM
Ahem ... one more game to play ?? I'm going to send this thread to Spack for his bulletin board material .. though i suspect it's pretty full already.

I guess well just have to shock the FCS world today !!!!

xcoffeex
3 more actually before any of this talk is anything more than bad juju.

Redbird 4th & short
December 14th, 2019, 06:07 AM
3 more actually before any of this talk is anything more than bad juju.

True .. but I meant just one more for NDSU :D

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2019, 06:29 AM
Well if JMU can get by Weber State I would say they would be a 3.5 point underdog to the Bison....

Paladin1aa
December 14th, 2019, 06:48 AM
JMU did not look good. UNI played their usual D, but their O was poor. There is a question of will JMU even get to the title game.

Herdistheword
December 14th, 2019, 07:10 AM
JMU will beat Weber State. I know the weather was bad, but it seems as though every offense in the FCS took vacation this week.

Redbird 4th & short
December 14th, 2019, 07:14 AM
Monmouth game softened them some for UNI .. JMU offense is pretty well established .. as is UNI defense. But it was just too easy against Monmouth.

MR. CHICKEN
December 14th, 2019, 07:18 AM
.....KUDOS...TA NORFFERN IOWA'S....DEFENSE.......TOUGH AS NAILS...AN' ON DUH FIELD....FO'EVERAH..........FARLEY NEEDS SOME RECEIVERS..........JMU PLAYED INTA UNI'S DEFENSE......FO'GOT HOW TA PASS....AFTERAH 1ST Q.............AWK!

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2019, 08:41 AM
.....KUDOS...TA NORFFERN IOWA'S....DEFENSE.......TOUGH AS NAILS...AN' ON DUH FIELD....FO'EVERAH..........FARLEY NEEDS SOME RECEIVERS..........JMU PLAYED INTA UNI'S DEFENSE......FO'GOT HOW TA PASS....AFTERAH 1ST Q.............AWK!

UNI's best receiver was out for this game.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 08:48 AM
Got to get there first, this is not a forgone conclusion. I think JMU skates to the final, sorry, but I am not impressed with WSU at all. I saw them play twice, the UND game and the game last night, JMU plays at a different speed, particularly on defense.

93henfan
December 14th, 2019, 10:14 AM
I think NDSU will be up by three touchdowns with 1:50 left in the game and go for a fake field goal just to rub it in a little.

Chalupa Batman
December 14th, 2019, 10:47 AM
I think NDSU will be up by three touchdowns with 1:50 left in the game and go for a fake field goal just to rub it in a little.

And then try an onside kick.

uni88
December 14th, 2019, 10:50 AM
UNI's best receivers were out for this game.

FYP

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bisonator
December 14th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Both teams have to get there first.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 14th, 2019, 01:52 PM
This might not age well (potentially for either JMU or NDSU). Yesterday for JMU and today for NDSU are object lessons in showing the divide between the top 6-8 teams is not as pronounced as one might have assumed, especially on a down day.

JMUNJ08
December 14th, 2019, 02:02 PM
This might not age well (potentially for either JMU or NDSU). Yesterday for JMU and today for NDSU are object lessons in showing the divide between the top 6-8 teams is not as pronounced as one might have assumed, especially on a down day.

Agreed, but a team like ISUr or UNI needed some breaks to beat NDSU/ JMU and neither got them. Barring some breaks, NDSU/ JMU are the better teams and won the games being superior on BOTH sides of the ball.

JayMYou
December 14th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Wow, there are so many self-hating fans from other schools that love polishing NDSU's knob. What would y'all do if the Bison actually lost and you had to *gasp* go back supporting your own team?

JacksFan40
December 14th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Wow, there are so many self-hating fans from other schools that love polishing NDSU's knob. What would y'all do if the Bison actually lost and you had to *gasp* go back supporting your own team?
That’s a big if.
None of us actually like NDSU we’re just used to them always ending our teams seasons so naturally we assume they’ll always win.

mcveyrl
December 14th, 2019, 04:11 PM

Yea, this is such a weird flex. Can you imagine the Richmond fan coming on here to talk smack about NDSU after today’s game?? That’s not how this is supposed to work...

Herdistheword
December 14th, 2019, 04:13 PM
We respect our conference mates. The MVFC has this weird thing where we generally want the FCS champ to be from the MVFC...unless it is the bunnies.

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2019, 11:03 PM
Yea, this is such a weird flex. Can you imagine the Richmond fan coming on here to talk smack about NDSU after today’s game?? That’s not how this is supposed to work...

You mean there aren't a bunch of CAA rubes that run around here? xlolx :D

grayghost06
December 14th, 2019, 11:44 PM
How bad is North Dakota State going to beat James Madison in the National Championshi (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?242487-How-bad-is-North-Dakota-State-going-to-beat-James-Madison-in-the-National-Championshi)p?

A lot less than what was thought yesterday!xlolx Where did yesterday's blowhards go? https://www.bing.com/th/id/OGC.f0a55d1441e27995eef731504a1812ac?pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fjUwpN zg9IcyrK%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=LVENAQk8NETggCpTm6BEtUY1DPsDwZ29sJk%2bGVHj6FI% 3d

penguinpower
December 15th, 2019, 06:05 AM

The only knob polishing that goes on comes from faggot JMU fans with their gay parade streamers.

I was simply stating facts as I saw them after watching the games. NDSU has the ability to step it up a few notches that JMU doesn't have, but there isn't anyone left in the field that can beat those two teams.

TribeNomad1
December 15th, 2019, 06:57 AM

That one fan watching basketball.

POD Knows
December 15th, 2019, 08:01 AM
We respect our conference mates. The MVFC has this weird thing where we generally want the FCS champ to be from the MVFC...unless it is the bunnies or UND when they join the conference or UNI.FYP

mcveyrl
December 15th, 2019, 08:02 AM
That one fan watching basketball.

I’m glad somebody caught that...

jmu007
December 15th, 2019, 08:42 AM
The only knob polishing that goes on comes from faggot JMU fans with their gay parade streamers.

I was simply stating facts as I saw them after watching the games. NDSU has the ability to step it up a few notches that JMU doesn't have, but there isn't anyone left in the field that can beat those two teams.

yikes... you gonna be ok Bo?

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2019, 05:12 AM
So does anyone have the balls to answer this besides Clenz?

- - - Updated - - -

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2019, 06:05 AM

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of answer you looking for?

His +25 for NDSU is ridiculous and you know it.

This game will be a battle until the end with either team having the talent to win the game.

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2019, 07:45 AM
What kind of answer you looking for?

His +25 for NDSU is ridiculous and you know it.

This game will be a battle until the end with either team having the talent to win the game.

A realistic number. I think NDSU wins by 21-23 points. I am not impressed with the JMU a secondary.

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2019, 07:59 AM
NDSU by 10

A realistic number. I think NDSU wins by 21-23 points. I am not impressed with the JMU a secondary.

Yea, I’m gonna guess this is why nobody’s responded...

Redbird 4th & short
December 22nd, 2019, 08:10 AM

dude .. zero need to use words like that. Simply unacceptable.

93henfan
December 22nd, 2019, 09:25 AM
Please, God.

January 11, 2020. 12 noon Eastern Standard Time. Frisco, Texas, United States of America, Earth.

Giant meteor.

This is all we ask.

Amen.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2019, 09:35 AM
Please, God.

January 11, 2020. 12 noon Eastern Standard Time. Frisco, Texas, United States of America, Earth.

Giant meteor.

This is all we ask.

Amen.
Nice to know you care...why not come down and enjoy bison hospitality? I know you were too scared to really mingle with the bison faithful in Newark, but Frisco is a significant ratchet up over hat middling show in Delaware this year.

93henfan
December 22nd, 2019, 09:40 AM
Nice to know you care...why not come down and enjoy bison hospitality? I know you were too scared to really mingle with the bison faithful in Newark, but Frisco is a significant ratchet up over hat middling show in Delaware this year.

I've already been to Frisco and wasn't particularly impressed with the suburb of a suburb of a suburb of Dallas, the soccer stadium, or the officiating crew.

Dallas itself was pretty cool.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2019, 09:47 AM
Please, God.

Giant meteor.

This is all we ask.

Amen.

Those ass whippings the Bison dealt to the hens I see still sting with you xlolx

Redbird 4th & short
December 22nd, 2019, 09:48 AM
Those ass whippings the Bison dealt to the hens I see still sting with you xlolx
he did ask nicely and said please

93henfan
December 22nd, 2019, 09:52 AM

Whipping. We've only played you once.

I hate JMU more. You all are just a Johnny Come Lately.

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2019, 09:54 AM

I hate JMU more. You all are just a Johnny Come Lately.xeyebrowx

93henfan
December 22nd, 2019, 09:56 AM
I'm sorry. Did I st-st-st-stutter?

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2019, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry. Did I st-st-st-stutter?Yea, um, yea. You didn't stutter but I don't think you have your facts straight, unless I am missing something or a bunch of people had a mass hallucination on 9-22-2018.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2019, 10:07 AM
Yea, um, yea. You didn't stutter but I don't think you have your facts straight, unless I am missing something or a bunch of people had a mass hallucination on 9-22-2018.

His brains are in his ass and the ass whoopings have rattled that little marble xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2019, 10:18 AM
His brains are in his ass and the ass whoopings have rattled that little marble xlolx

xlolx

The great thing is that NDSU's 3rd string would have beaten last year's and this year's UD teams....xlolx

Maybe Keeler can roll back into town for them....:D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry. Did I st-st-st-stutter?

CS getting boring?

xrolleyesx

awBison
December 22nd, 2019, 10:20 AM
NDSU up by 10 at halftime. NDSU scores a few quick tds in the 3rd Q and runs the clock dowm in the 4th. Wont be close. JMU breaks a long play or two in the second quarter. 41/17 ndsu.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2019, 10:22 AM
NDSU up by 10 at halftime. NDSU scores a few quick tds in the 3rd Q and runs the clock dowm in the 4th. Wont be close. JMU breaks a long play or two in the second quarter. 41/17 ndsu.

Neither team will reach 30 points in this game. This one will probably be a 17-14 type of game IMO.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2019, 10:28 AM
Neither team will reach 30 points in this game. This one will probably be a 17-14 type of game IMO.

I agree, I'll be surprised if the spread is more than 10 by the end of the game by either team. If NDSU plays to their ability they will come out on top but it won't be easy.

Chalupa Batman
December 22nd, 2019, 10:36 AM

I see the game getting into the 20’s this year. Both offenses are better than last time we played JMU, I’m seeing a 24-20 type game. Will be just as nerve racking as the last time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
December 22nd, 2019, 11:03 AM
Not so sure it won't be a little higher scoring .. both teams are capable of big plays. I think if JMU has learned anything from their game with UNI and our game with NDSU it's that it might be to NDSU's advantage if offenses go conservative. So I think JMU knows they don't want to slug it out in conservative game plan .. so I think they try to open things up some and take their chances in that kind of game.

I haven't looked at JMU line play yet .. maybe it is strong enough. But they have to know ny now that NDSU is far more prepared to grind it out in trenches than JMU would be. So if I'm JMU, I want to open things up some.

I'm think this game could go either way, but I like NDSU's chances more .. say 60/40 in their favor. Also, if anyone pulls away, NDSU is also much more likely. But if both teams show up, I think this will be an NDSU win with a 27-24 or 31-24 type game with a couple of big plays pushing the final score north.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2019, 11:22 AM
I've already been to Frisco and wasn't particularly impressed with the suburb of a suburb of a suburb of Dallas, the soccer stadium, or the officiating crew.

Dallas itself was pretty cool.
That ****ty game in 2010 doesn’t count....now the amp goes to 11

cx500d
December 22nd, 2019, 11:23 AM

I hate JMU more. You all are just a Johnny Come Lately.
Twice, we had a home and home with you....I guess you have put out the horror of the experience in Fargo out of your mind...unless the 2018 game you consider not “playing” which I can see from a practical standpoint although technically we did play in 2018 too

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2019, 11:35 AM
Twice, we had a home and home with you....I guess you have put out the horror of the experience in Fargo out of your mind...unless the 2018 game you consider not “playing” which I can see from a practical standpoint although technically we did play in 2018 too

Sssshhhhh he's a Great Hens Fan. So much so he knows who the team has played. We just imagined it xlolx

TennBison
December 22nd, 2019, 11:36 AM
I think both schools are evenly matched for the most part. Both teams have had some ups and downs through the season, JMU might have been a little more consistent (might be my critical side of NDSU as a fan giving JMU the nod there). Tough to argue much of a difference on offense, JMU might have a receiving edge, and NDSU may have the running edge. But any offensive edge is probably very slight with one teams edge being canceled out by the other teams edge. It would seem to me that defense is going to be the deciding factor(big surprise there to NDSU fans), with both school once again being very close. I do give NDSU the defensive edge slightly.
50/50 game in my mind, but I think NDSU finds a way and wins a 3 point or less ball game.

Sundog
December 22nd, 2019, 01:38 PM
Been looking forward to this game all year! Just have not been able to say it out loud. Karma and stuff.

JMU is the real deal. Going to be close at halftime. Bison pull away in second half and win by 10.

ngineer
December 22nd, 2019, 09:02 PM
I see a pretty competitive game. JMU has the weapons to move the ball. NDSU seems quite solid across the board. At the moment, I'd pick Bison by one score, which means who ever played the cleanest game will win. NDSU 31-27.

Gil Dobie
December 23rd, 2019, 06:23 AM
Sssshhhhh he's a Great Hens Fan. So much so he knows who the team has played. We just imagined it xlolx

Delaware was the team that looked like a bunch of Canada Geese craping all over the field.

Professor
December 23rd, 2019, 09:15 AM
NDSU by 10

AmsterBison
December 23rd, 2019, 09:58 AM
Winning is just more gravy from my perspective - NDSU played its 500th game in the last 40 seasons and won their 400th - I was holding my breath all year wondering if this would happen. 400-98-2. Not many programs can average 10 wins a year over a 40-year span and even fewer would have a 40-year win rate greater than .800. Mount Union?

That said, I freaking love gravy.

Mattymc727
December 23rd, 2019, 10:27 AM
I don't think JMU is getting enough credit. NDSU is the favorite, but this one goes down to the wire IMO.

Herdistheword
December 23rd, 2019, 10:29 AM

I admire your optimism.

clenz
December 23rd, 2019, 12:31 PM
I stand by my answer.

JMU's defense against an offense with any kind of pulse is still good...but NDSU's offense is another level.

JMU's offense vs a defense with a pulse (what we saw with UNI) is pretty meh overall.

Newsflash -
NDSU's defense is better than UNI's in terms of depth to maintain the level
NDSU's offense isn't even in the same galaxy as UNIs.

I'm not polishing anyones knob - team or conference. I couldn't give a **** what conference or team wins the title. Once it's clear it's not my team I don't give a **** who actually wins it. Maybe years ago I did; now I couldn't give less of a ****.

I'm speaking having seen my team play both. Having seem both teams multiple times. I don't think it's close.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2019, 12:39 PM
I don't think JMU is getting enough credit. NDSU is the favorite, but this one goes down to the wire IMO.

This here.

Neither team is going to run away with this one. 2 great defenses and it will be hard for both teams to consistently move the ball.

This one will go down to the end just like the title game a couple of years ago.

Mattymc727
December 23rd, 2019, 12:46 PM
I stand by my answer.

JMU's defense against an offense with any kind of pulse is still good...but NDSU's offense is another level.

JMU's offense vs a defense with a pulse (what we saw with UNI) is pretty meh overall.

Newsflash -

I'm not polishing anyones knob - team or conference. I couldn't give a **** what conference or team wins the title. Once it's clear it's not my team I don't give a **** who actually wins it. Maybe years ago I did; now I couldn't give less of a ****.

I'm speaking having seen my team play both. Having seem both teams multiple times. I don't think it's close.

Isnt basing performance on a single game a bad idea? Everyone was ready to say NDSU isn't that great after beating Illinois State 9-3; then they steamrolled Montana State. While JMU didn't impress anyone against Northern Iowa offensively, there are plenty of other games that show they are a vaunted offense when they need to be.

clenz
December 23rd, 2019, 12:59 PM
Isnt basing performance on a single game a bad idea? Everyone was ready to say NDSU isn't that great after beating Illinois State 9-3; then they steamrolled Montana State. While JMU didn't impress anyone against Northern Iowa offensively, there are plenty of other games that show they are a vaunted offense when they need to be.
They've played 2 actually really good defenses for the FCS level

WVU
14 points
4.8 yards per play...not per run...per play
328 yards of offense

UNI
10 points - i know 17 but those last 7 don't really count for ****
3.9 yards per play
346 yards of offense

NDSU is better than both of those.

It's not single game things. I've watched numerous games of both. Getting to see how each played against my team only adds seeing how each handled the same team - though UNI vs JMU was a shell offensively of what they were at NDSU

I really don't think JMU is close to NDSU

Redbird 4th & short
December 23rd, 2019, 01:07 PM
I stand by my answer.

Newsflash -

UNI run defense is certainly better than NDSU run defense.

If JMU has a chance, it is in their run game and their ability to keep NDSU's stellar pass defense more honest at same time .. moreso than any other FCS team. Not a lot of good QBs or pass offenses in MVFC this year .. most of the top teams were better running than passing. Again, I think NDSU pass defense will keep JMU pass offense in check for most part ... the question is can JMU keep their pass defense honest and then pick their spots to exploit the NDSU run defense. NDSU defense plays fast, so JMU will want to spread them out some and take a few chances.

Ultimately, these teams are pretty equal at the skill positions, so I think it will come down to line play and who wins in the trenches as the difference in this game. NDSU is much more prepared to deal with line play than JMU. We saw how they struggled to sustain drives against UNI ... only scoring 10 points until the last failed 4th down play by UNI inside their own 5 in the final minute of game, when JMU got an easy TD to win 17-0. Only scoring 10 points on UNI, while UNI offense struggled and had just 18 min TOP to JMU's 42 mins .... well, its a thing worth noting.

That said, JMU is the most balanced offensive team (pass and run) and defensive team by far that NDSU has seen all year. So they of course have a good chance of winning. But if both teams show up and nothing weird happens, NDSU wins a close one.

Mfergy4
December 23rd, 2019, 01:08 PM
Should be an interesting Game...the Best of the CAA vs the Best of the MVFC. I thought UNI acquitted them nicely against JMU considering the MASH Unit they fielded against JMU. Conversely NDSU struggled against ISUr, but have to give Coach Spack his due. His defensive scheme worked well and muted a good offense. MSU tried using it in the first half, by the Coach Choade's own words...we had to abandon it in the second half because they knew what to do every time we ran it. Bison are good at making the needed adjustments. That will be the difference in Frisco...Bison make the needed adjustments quicker the JMU will...thus Bison pull out their 8th championship and keep the unbeaten string alive for next year.

Mattymc727
December 23rd, 2019, 01:15 PM

WVU
14 points
328 yards of offense

UNI
3.9 yards per play
346 yards of offense

It's not single game things. I've watched numerous games of both. Getting to see how each played against my team only adds seeing how each handled the same team - though UNI vs JMU was a shell offensively of what they were at NDSU

Where do you rank the NDSU offense for the FCS? What does on another level equate to?

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2019, 01:24 PM
Where do you rank the NDSU offense for the FCS? What does on another level equate to?
Well, NDSU is #1 in the FCS in yards per play (7.4), yards per carry (6.41), and team passing efficiency (179.65). They have been the most efficient offense in the FCS this year. There are only 3 FCS teams averaging more than 7 yards per play this year and the other two are in the Pioneer League (Dayton and San Diego). For the year this Bison offense has looked a lot closer to what they did against Montana St than what they did against ISUr game 2.

clenz
December 23rd, 2019, 01:49 PM
Well, NDSU is #1 in the FCS in yards per play (7.4), yards per carry (6.41), yards per pass attempt, and team passing efficiency. They have been the most efficient offense in the FCS this year. There are only 3 teams in the FCS this year averaging more than 7 yards per play and the other two are in the Pioneer League (Dayton and San Diego). For the year this Bison offense has looked a lot closer to what they did against Montana St than what they did against ISUr game 2.
This...it's so stupid efficient it's not even funny.

Over 50% third down conversion
70% 4th down conversion - and it's not inflated because they were for like 4 of them. They are 12-17
12 sacks allowed
1 INT thrown - by a WR on a trick play
5 fumbles lost
That's only six ****ing TO's all season - that's just insane

Nothing about that offense is "normal" or even "better than average"

It's like...dumb

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2019, 02:31 PM

WVU
14 points
328 yards of offense

UNI
3.9 yards per play
346 yards of offense

I do

Hammerhead
January 10th, 2020, 07:37 PM
Are tornadoes enough for you?

Please, God.

Giant meteor.

This is all we ask.

Amen.

KPSUL
January 10th, 2020, 08:30 PM
JMU 27, NDSU 24

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 11th, 2020, 02:13 AM
NDSU-34
JMU - 13

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
January 11th, 2020, 06:24 AM
Could be a sloppy 3-2 game with rain all night on Frisco.

ysubigred
January 11th, 2020, 09:19 AM
Could be a sloppy 3-2 game with rain all night on Frisco.Snow now?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
January 11th, 2020, 09:30 AM
Snow now?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Put on the Ice Skates, wrong ND team.

Gil Dobie
January 11th, 2020, 10:11 AM
Pre-game had a good read on how important Jabril is to the Bison.