PDA

View Full Version : Current point spreads for the FCS Quarterfinals

LetsGoPeay
December 12th, 2019, 05:55 AM
James Madison ( -19.5 ) over Northern Iowa . . . over/under total points: ( 46.5 )

Montana St ( -6.5 ) over Austin Peay . . . over/under total points: ( 55.5 )

Montana ( -2.5 ) over Weber St . . . over/under total points: ( 55.5 )

North Dakota St ( -23.5 ) over Illinois St . . . over/under total points: ( 41 )

This is not to promote gambling, rather than to see if most of you agree or disagree with the possible outcome of these games, based on the betting lines.

So if you go by the information given, these are some possible scores for each game:

James Madison a 33 - 13 winner over Northern Iowa
Montana St a 31 - 24 winner over Austin Peay
Montana a 28 - 27 winner over Weber St
NDSU a 31 - 10 winner over Illinois St

Are these the expectations for how these games will go?

stevdock
December 12th, 2019, 07:05 AM
I think they are close to what will happen. I think I picked JMU by 17, MSU by 7, Weber by 1 and NDSU by 21.

If I were to place a bet, I think the only one I would think about is the over for the MSU APU game.

Grizzlies82
December 12th, 2019, 09:55 AM
Those betting lines look like reasonable outcomes with the likely winners. Though I wouldn’t be shocked if neither Montana team won. Each has a formidable opponent. That said, Go Griz!

Grizalltheway
December 12th, 2019, 09:56 AM
Montana has played 14 games this year and none have been closer than 14 points. Something tells me that won't change this week, one way or the other.

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2019, 02:02 PM
I would go with the under in the Weber State/Montana game. In the first meeting the Grizzlies had 2 TD drives that were 30 yards or less (both off the punter mishandling snaps) and 2 TD plays that were 59 yards or longer, so they sustained only 1 drive that game. Montana can still win, but I don't see them getting the same amount of good fortune this game. I see the final score being something like 27-17 with either team winning.

Houndawg
December 12th, 2019, 03:29 PM
James Madison ( -19.5 ) over Northern Iowa . . . over/under total points: ( 46.5 )

Montana St ( -6.5 ) over Austin Peay . . . over/under total points: ( 55.5 )

Montana ( -2.5 ) over Weber St . . . over/under total points: ( 55.5 )

North Dakota St ( -23.5 ) over Illinois St . . . over/under total points: ( 41 )

This is not to promote gambling, rather than to see if most of you agree or disagree with the possible outcome of these games, based on the betting lines.

So if you go by the information given, these are some possible scores for each game:

James Madison a 33 - 13 winner over Northern Iowa
Montana St a 31 - 24 winner over Austin Peay
Montana a 28 - 27 winner over Weber St
NDSU a 31 - 10 winner over Illinois St

Are these the expectations for how these games will go?

I'd say the conventional wisdom is very close to these outcomes. I'd look at the under for ISU/NDSU - I see this game as similar to SIU/NDSU: Birds ground game keeps the TOP close early along with the score but like SIU they don't have the QB to take advantage. Bison win pretty easily with the score closer than the game.

jadmt
December 12th, 2019, 07:15 PM
Not sure how they came up with the Montana/Weber point spread. over/under is probably close but most of those will be going on Montana's side of the scoreboard. I think JMU and UNI might be a little off too. Others probably pretty close.

gofurman
December 12th, 2019, 10:32 PM
Maybe play an Under if a game is in the snow? that is usually a small trend

Professor
December 13th, 2019, 04:06 PM
Looks about right

gofurman
December 14th, 2019, 12:34 PM
No snow but it worked out.. MSU and Montana both low-scoring in cold. colder weather makes it harder to catch etc