PDA

View Full Version : Montana @ Weber Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Wildcats will be out for blood in this one. Hopefully the Toure train keeps rolling.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2019, 10:31 AM
I don't think the stats mean a whole lot in this one since these teams played not too long ago. But here they are anyway:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49190103492_6a2b306267_o.jpg

Silenoz
December 9th, 2019, 11:32 AM
I'd feel better if we had Akem and if Sneed was full speed. I'll reiterate what I said last time: Wildcats by 14. They (probably) won't **** up as much this time.

Then again, every game we play is some sort of unexpected blowout, so who knows.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2019, 11:56 AM
If we can hang onto the ball and stop their run game, we should be in good shape, even if they don't "mess up" xrolleyesx as much as they did the first time.

If not, it could be a lot like our game there in 2017.

I still think we match up really well against them.

putter
December 9th, 2019, 01:31 PM
People on their board are going at Montana and Hauck. One said Montana purposely injured 5 of their players during last game, one brought up Hauck’s negative culture. I hope we beat them into submission. Will be a close, competitive game though.

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2019, 01:38 PM
People on their board are going at Montana and Hauck. One said Montana purposely injured 5 of their players during last game, one brought up Hauck’s negative culture. I hope we beat them into submission. Will be a close, competitive game though.

We're overdue for one of those I'd say.

Silenoz
December 9th, 2019, 01:59 PM

Once a group of bitter assholes, always a group of bitter assholes. Someone remind them of one Carson Bender

ursus arctos horribilis
December 9th, 2019, 02:28 PM
Once a group of bitter assholes, always a group of bitter assholes. Someone remind them of one Carson Bender

Not to mention that if they watched the god damn game they would have seen that several of their injuries were from their own guys running in to their own guys or rolling up on a leg on a tackle and so forth.

There are excuse making whiny bitches all over though but that is particularly dumb.

Now dealing with just the teams I can see it going their way if we are not playing up a notch like we have in our better games. They are good enough we really have to play it well to win I think. Not exactly riveting analysis but it's all I got.

BigGrizz
December 9th, 2019, 03:23 PM
First post dont beat me up too bad. Was just at Washington Griz Stadium for the first time in 3 years. Watched the Weber game and they are good, no doubt, the Griz have a formula that is going to work in this one. Toure is going to get too much attention and our running game, defence and O-line is going to wear down Weber. Going to be a good game but the Griz will pull it out in the end in front of 5,000 fans mostly from Montana!!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 9th, 2019, 03:42 PM
First post dont beat me up too bad. Was just at Washington Griz Stadium for the first time in 3 years. Watched the Weber game and they are good, no doubt, the Griz have a formula that is going to work in this one. Toure is going to get too much attention and our running game, defence and O-line is going to wear down Weber. Going to be a good game but the Griz will pull it out in the end in front of 5,000 fans mostly from Montana!!

Welcome to the place.

Silenoz
December 9th, 2019, 05:05 PM
Random thought here, and no where else to put it...

I wonder if Akem and Toure could both be preseason first team All-Americans next year. Obviously they won't have Sneed throwing to them anymore, and I'm sure there's tons of others dudes in the field, but that would be a pretty unprecedented achievement. Guess we'll see.

Anyways, carry on.

GreatGreatGreat
December 9th, 2019, 06:33 PM
You mean one person on our board. Seriously though, if we held Egriz to the same standard you probably have a higher ratio of assholes than our board. Don’t typecast is all because of one poster on our own board.

edit: I have nothing but respect for the Montana program. I gave Hauck more praise than the majority of your board that criticized rehiring him.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2019, 06:40 PM
Montana fans can relax

Just from what I saw this past Saturday Montana
is the better team and should pull this one out on the road

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2019, 07:02 PM
Montana fans can relax

Griz need to have the kind of start they did in part one. Weber isn't a team built for huge comebacks, and we tend to put our foot on the gas once we have a lead.

cats2506
December 9th, 2019, 08:42 PM
You mean one person on our board. Seriously though, if we held Egriz to the same standard you probably have a higher ratio of assholes than ANY board. Don’t typecast is all because of one poster on our own board.

edit: I have nothing but respect for the Montana program. I gave Hauck more praise than the majority of your board that criticized rehiring him.
FIFY

cats2506
December 9th, 2019, 08:43 PM
Montana fans can relax

didn't look that way 3 weeks ago

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2019, 08:44 PM

that is why I said based on what I saw this past Saturday.....

Silenoz
December 9th, 2019, 09:04 PM
that is why I said based on what I saw this past Saturday.....
Don't mind him, he's like Cats version of that Furman guy.

But yeah, after watching us play SELA, WSU, EWU or Davis, you'd think we were worldbeaters.

After watching us against Sac, MSU, and Monmouth, you wouldn't know what to think.

We'll see which team shows up.

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2019, 09:04 PM
The hell it didn't.

cats2506
December 9th, 2019, 09:27 PM
The hell it didn't.
you forgetting about the beatdown in Bozeman or what

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2019, 09:50 PM
Three weeks ago at this time, we had just beaten down Weber.

Three Saturdays ago, we got our asses kicked.

You’re both right, kind of.

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2019, 09:55 PM
Three weeks ago at this time, we had just beaten down Weber.

Three Saturdays ago, we got our asses kicked.

You’re both right, kind of.
Yeah, I figured he was referring to the Weber game, since that's who Hen was talking about.

cats2506
December 10th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I figured he was referring to the Weber game, since that's who Hen was talking about.
I figured you were trying to block 47-14 from your memory

Grizalltheway
December 10th, 2019, 09:34 AM
I figured you were trying to block 47-14 from your memory
Nah, I'm over it. Looking forward to advancing farther than the cats now. xthumbsupx

MSUBobcat
December 10th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Nah, I'm over it. Looking forward to advancing farther than the cats now. xthumbsupx

Farther than? Or as far? MSU appears to have the easier game in this round. Home vs road. Unseeded team compared to top 3 seed. RoT (I think it was) has preached about the poor record of teams going on the road 2 weeks in a row (debunked a bit by ISU-r). I'd say both teams have challenging games but with a good chance to advance to the semis. After that JMU and NDSU stand in each of our way to advancing farther than the other. 2 MT teams in the semis would be a good year for the state. 1 team pulling the upset and making Frisco would be a great year for the state. Both teams pulling the upset... IDK, jury's still out on that. It's been discussed that 2nd Cat-Griz in Frisco would pour too much gasoline on the fire of the rivalry, and I can't say I definitely disagree.

Silenoz
December 10th, 2019, 09:58 AM
Farther than? Or as far? MSU appears to have the easier game in this round. Home vs road. Unseeded team compared to top 3 seed. RoT (I think it was) has preached about the poor record of teams going on the road 2 weeks in a row (debunked a bit by ISU-r). I'd say both teams have challenging games but with a good chance to advance to the semis. After that JMU and NDSU stand in each of our way to advancing farther than the other. 2 MT teams in the semis would be a good year for the state. 1 team pulling the upset and making Frisco would be a great year for the state. Both teams pulling the upset... IDK, jury's still out on that. It's been discussed that 2nd Cat-Griz in Frisco would pour too much gasoline on the fire of the rivalry, and I can't say I definitely disagree.
Pretty much spot on.

Grizalltheway
December 10th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Hey, I need something to console me after that game. Obviously how the Griz fare is my primary concern, but I'd get at least a little schadenfreude out of the cats being upset at home.

MSUBobcat
December 10th, 2019, 10:43 AM
Hey, I need something to console me after that game. Obviously how the Griz fare is my primary concern, but I'd get at least a little schadenfreude out of the cats being upset at home.

Maybe I'm still riding the high of the Brawl victory, but I'm actually kinda pulling for the Griz in this one, since the odds of a Cat-Griz 2.0 aren't very high at this point. To be sure, even with both teams winning Saturday, the odds for both to make Frisco won't tick up all that much with both then having to (presumably) face the 2 juggernauts of 2019, but I reserve the right to potentially root against the Griz in the semis (I get torn on this in the playoffs; on the one hand there's the in-state brethren, on the other is the insufferability of chunks of Griz fans when they're good). It's often a game time decision and could largely depend on timing (i.e. whether I know how the Cats have fared or not).

nevadagriz
December 10th, 2019, 11:15 AM

Jeezus H Christ who cares about the Cat game when discussing WSU vs UM.
***** go discuss your game on the Cat game thread.
Cats spanked the Griz congrats, but it has nothing to do with this game FFS

BadlandsGrizFan
December 10th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Pretty much spot on.

I would say that so far the playoffs have lined up as good as anyone could ask for the Cats.....getting a east coast team in Albany at home...then Austin P upsets in conference rival and you get ANOTHER home game against a weak conference school.

MSUBobcat
December 10th, 2019, 12:24 PM
I would say that so far the playoffs have lined up as good as anyone could ask for the Cats.....getting a east coast team in Albany at home...then Austin P upsets in conference rival and you get ANOTHER home game against a weak conference school.

I think we'd be hard pressed to argue differently. xlolx Monmouth getting paired with us, or maybe even SLU, would be comparable to Albany perhaps, but clearly being the only seed to be getting a home game that wasn't supposed to is head and shoulder the preferable way for things to work out. Hopefully, we thank Austin Peay for taking care of our light work by letting them head home for the holidays rather than stay on campus preparing for a semifinal. We're a hospitable bunch!

That said, with how we've been trending up and Sac was trending somewhat down, I liked our chances in a rematch had it happened.

fencer24
December 10th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Maybe I'm still riding the high of the Brawl victory, but I'm actually kinda pulling for the Griz in this one, since the odds of a Cat-Griz 2.0 aren't very high at this point. To be sure, even with both teams winning Saturday, the odds for both to make Frisco won't tick up all that much with both then having to (presumably) face the 2 juggernauts of 2019, but I reserve the right to potentially root against the Griz in the semis (I get torn on this in the playoffs; on the one hand there's the in-state brethren, on the other is the insufferability of chunks of Griz fans when they're good). It's often a game time decision and could largely depend on timing (i.e. whether I know how the Cats have fared or not).
Well said. I am rooting for the Cats all the way through to Frisco. I do think the Cats may be the one team that could upset the Bison this year, in that they may play a better ground game than the Bison do. On the other hand, unless JMU is upset this weekend, I don't see a rematch of the Brawl this year.

MSUBobcat
December 10th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Well said. I am rooting for the Cats all the way through to Frisco. I do think the Cats may be the one team that could upset the Bison this year, in that they may play a better ground game than the Bison do. On the other hand, unless JMU is upset this weekend, I don't see a rematch of the Brawl this year.

As much as I hate to admit it and love to hate on the Griz, deep down, I still end up pulling for them (and other BSC teams) in the playoffs, and OOC as well. Even in 2004, fresh out of grad school working at my first accounting firm in Anchorage, I made my way to a watering hole to watch the Griz play in the natty. And that was at about the peak of my dislike of UM (it wanes as I age, but also become friends with more Griz fans).

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2019, 06:48 PM
This state would explode if there was a cat/Griz 2.0 this season. I can't even imagine.

But before we get ahead of ourselves, there's definitely a chance that neither school makes it to the Semis, too.

We'll have our hands full getting past Weber this week.

cats2506
December 10th, 2019, 07:55 PM
This state would explode if there was a cat/Griz 2.0 this season. I can't even imagine.

But before we get ahead of ourselves, there's definitely a chance that neither school makes it to the Semis, too.

We'll have our hands full getting past Weber this week.

I don't want to even talk about it, bad juju

I Bleed Purple
December 10th, 2019, 08:59 PM
I'm not liking this Montana-Montana St kumbaya garbage in this thread.

CopperCat
December 10th, 2019, 09:09 PM
You mean one person on our board. Seriously though, if we held Egriz to the same standard you probably have a higher ratio of assholes than our board. Don’t typecast is all because of one poster on our own board.

Hauck is a stain on the history of the University of Montana. He is a good football coach, but he is failed, terrible leader. I say that as a native of Montana, not as a fan of MSU.

Silenoz
December 10th, 2019, 10:29 PM
I'm sure you could head over to BCN or eGriz, click on a random thread, and feel at home.

We have WSU, JMU, and NDSu potentially on the schedule. Plenty of other old animosities to focus on.

cats2506
December 11th, 2019, 08:44 AM
Don't worry, I'm all in on the Cats and Wildcats this weekend

DirtyWater
December 11th, 2019, 02:24 PM

Personally I think the Cats can beat NDSU. Well, that's after watching that running game against Montana. NDSU is and always will be a tall task at home, but I think the Cats can beat them. James Madison will be tough. Funny how a team plays from week to week. One week the Griz look unstoppable (SELU), the next downright horrible (MSU). matchups and momentum!!

Silenoz
December 11th, 2019, 02:37 PM
I'd say Cats have a 25% chance to beat NDSU.

We probably have a 15% chance to beat JMU.

Not to look past the games this week.

Cats and Bison both use that platoon of running backs to wear you down, with a stiffling defense. The difference is, the Bison are the most battle-tested playoff team by a huge margin, they're at home, their RBs are better, their defense is more stiffling, and they have Trey Lance. But MSU wins that turnover battle by +2 or so and you never know what can happen...

I Bleed Purple
December 11th, 2019, 09:28 PM

Cats and Bison both use that platoon of running backs to wear you down, with a stiffling defense. The difference is, the Bison are the most battle-tested playoff team by a huge margin, they're at home, their RBs are better, their defense is more stiffling, and they have Trey Lance. But MSU wins that turnover battle by +2 or so and you never know what can happen...

Not to look past the games this week, but let's look past the games this week. xlolx

100%GRIZ
December 12th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Personally I think the Cats can beat NDSU. Well, that's after watching that running game against Montana. NDSU is and always will be a tall task at home, but I think the Cats can beat them. James Madison will be tough. Funny how a team plays from week to week. One week the Griz look unstoppable (SELU), the next downright horrible (MSU). matchups and momentum!!
Injuries & the recovery of said injuries specifically QB position!

Houndawg
December 12th, 2019, 02:13 PM

A good QB could beat them if his team can run for 150-200 yds. Big if.

Grizalltheway
December 12th, 2019, 03:54 PM
I think the x-factor in this one could be how well Sneed's ankle has healed. If it's close to 100%, his scrambling/running ability will be one more thing Weber's defense has to account for (which they really didn't have to in the first game).

jadmt
December 12th, 2019, 07:08 PM
this game will be a blowout. I am sure the Weber kids are good kids, so I kind of feel sorry for them. It must be kind of depressing experiencing how the Montana fans turn out to support their team and then when you get the rare opportunity to play them again less than a month later only this time on your home field and then you realize there are more Griz fans there than your own fans.

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2019, 07:37 PM
Weber doesn't make the mistakes they made the last time out and this is a lot closer, but I think Montana still wins. I'll go 27-17.

Silenoz
December 13th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Really, really, really wish we had Akem. Hard to keep the defense as honest when the gameplan can focus on Toure.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the x-factor in this one could be how well Sneed's ankle has healed. If it's close to 100%, his scrambling/running ability will be one more thing Weber's defense has to account for (which they really didn't have to in the first game).
Has he had one big scramble or designed run since he had surgery?

Grizalltheway
December 13th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Really, really, really wish we had Akem. Hard to keep the defense as honest when the gameplan can focus on Toure.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that I recall. Not having Akem sucks for sure, but if they decide to double Toure, still plenty of other guys for Sneed to get it to. Also hoping we can get Knight and Ostmo going.

Grizzlies82
December 13th, 2019, 11:10 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Sneed tried to scramble versus Bobcats but was obviously hobbled. Did you notice he was so heavily taped up his shoe came off when he ran.

He then had a couple of scrambles last week where he looked more fluid. Doubt he is fully recovered but he looked better.

cats2506
December 13th, 2019, 11:14 AM
Sneed tried to scramble versus Bobcats but was obviously hobbled. Did you notice he was so heavily taped up his shoe came off when he ran.

He then had a couple of scrambles last week where he looked more fluid. Doubt he is fully recovered but he looked better.
there were 2 tackles early in the Cat/grizz game that I think affected his injury, he never really tried to scramble much after that.

Grizzlies82
December 13th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Not that I recall. Not having Akem sucks for sure, but if they decide to double Toure, still plenty of other guys for Sneed to get it to. Also hoping we can get Knight and Ostmo going.

Akem is missed but JLM, Roberts, and all of our tight ends can score plenty of points if Toure is double teamed. Though as you said we need our running game going to win this. If we have balance the Grizzlies will win

Grizzlies82
December 13th, 2019, 11:17 AM
there were 2 tackles early in the Cat/grizz game that I think affected his injury, he never really tried to scramble much after that.

Believe you’re right

Silenoz
December 13th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Akem is missed but JLM, Roberts, and all of our tight ends can score plenty of points if Toure is double teamed. Though as you said we need our running game going to win this. If we have balance the Grizzlies will win
Eh, Roberts is getting there, but JLM has become a near nonfactor on offense. Having two guys that can take the top off the defense is huge.

I Bleed Purple
December 13th, 2019, 11:21 AM
Ouch. Thread is now drab and dreary like the weather today.

Much better.

Last time Montana played here in the rain, seemed like it only rained on Montana's side of the ball. It's why they lost the game from what many people said.

Game is late enough I get to go there straight from work and not miss anything, so that'll be fun. Won't get to see the fun posts up until gametime 'cause this site is weirdly threaded when not logged in and on mobile.

Go us.

Grizzlies82
December 13th, 2019, 11:27 AM

Much better.

Last time Montana played here in the rain, seemed like it only rained on Montana's side of the ball. It's why they lost the game from what many people said.

Game is late enough I get to go there straight from work and not miss anything, so that'll be fun. Won't get to see the fun posts up until gametime 'cause this site is weirdly threaded when not logged in and on mobile.

Go us.

We will take the dry side of the field this time. The weather channel made it look rather nasty there. Hope everyone travels safely on the slick roads and enjoys another Montana victory!

ming01
December 13th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Give me the home team.

Silenoz
December 13th, 2019, 11:29 AM

Much better.

Go us.
Remember last time Weber State played in Missoula in the playoffs? Instead of in Ogden where it belonged (according to you guys and your players). It's why you lost the game from what many of your people said.

catbob
December 13th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Jeezus H Christ who cares about the Cat game when discussing WSU vs UM.
***** go discuss your game on the Cat game thread.
Cats spanked the Griz congrats, but it has nothing to do with this game FFS

Well, it does have some relevance. It was just 2 games ago, and it was the last game the Griz played on the road.

What a wild ride for the last 3 Griz games:
35-16 over Weber
14-48 in Bozeman
73-28 over SELA

All I know is that I'd rather be facing a team that beat us in the regular season than one we beat in a playoff rematch. Weber will be up for this in Ogden. Going to be a good game I think.

Grizalltheway
December 13th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Remember last time Weber State played in Missoula in the playoffs? Instead of in Ogden where it belonged (according to you guys and your players). It's why you lost the game from what many of your people said.
Well yeah. NOBODY has EVER won in Missoula in the playoffs.

ming01
December 13th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Looking forward to watching this matchup late tonight.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 13th, 2019, 12:16 PM

I think we may have to run well if the weather is complete ****.

Our tight ends need to have big catches...also if they decide to double Toure...Roberts is more than capable of beating his guy 1v1

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 03:03 PM
JMU fan rooting for Weber. Purple Power! Also if we play in the semis it will boost interest in the upcoming home and home.

jadmt
December 13th, 2019, 03:16 PM
I think the weather favors the Griz. Don't be surprised to see a KO or punt returned for a TD. The Weber long snapper has had trouble in good weather I bet his pucker factor is off the scale tonight which leads to mistakes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 08:55 PM
Time to get ready for this one! Looks like snow in Ogden!

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2019, 09:03 PM
It's snowing! Woohoo!

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 13th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Excited for this game. I love a good snow game and honestly am just as worried about the prospect of facing Montana as I am as NDSU at this point.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 09:04 PM
More football!! TGIF! Glad I can stay up late!

Lorne_Malvo
December 13th, 2019, 09:05 PM
It's snowing! Woohoo!

Snow games are the best to watch.... at home.

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2019, 09:06 PM

I don't mind being there in person either, but it makes TV games look way better

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 09:06 PM
QB looks pretty quick

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 13th, 2019, 09:08 PM

I'll take a snow game anyday over a freezing rain game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2019, 09:09 PM
Nice snow shower....

bulldog10jw
December 13th, 2019, 09:12 PM
Love football in the snow

Lorne_Malvo
December 13th, 2019, 09:12 PM
I'll take a snow game anyday over a freezing rain game.

Easy for all of you people that dont live in Fargo to say. :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 09:20 PM
If it keeps snowing like this the field is going to be a mess. There could be inches on by the end....

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 09:24 PM
JLM looked good down the middle on that sack. :/

DUKESALLDAY
December 13th, 2019, 09:31 PM
This one may be a low scoring physical game too.

semobison
December 13th, 2019, 09:34 PM
I would think that the field conditions in the snow would favor Weber St.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2019, 09:37 PM
I would think that the field conditions in the snow would favor Weber St.

30 yards of offense by both teams in the 1st quarter.

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2019, 09:41 PM
Almost a huge break there for Weber.

DUKESALLDAY
December 13th, 2019, 09:45 PM
If I was Montana I’d keep hitting #80, they leave so much space for him.

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 09:48 PM
Well, we're winning the field position battle....lol

Herdistheword
December 13th, 2019, 09:56 PM
A 0-0 defensive battle...just as we all predicted.

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2019, 09:57 PM
A 0-0 defensive battle...just as we all predicted.

I really liked the under in this game. Ways to go but that's looking good so far

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2019, 10:01 PM
Wow that's a hell of a snag. Griz knocking on the doorstep.

veinup
December 13th, 2019, 10:02 PM
mr toure makes an appearance

Peems
Checked in just to say that Toure is a beast

uofmman1122
Great drive!

Griz lead 7-0!

Silenoz
December 13th, 2019, 10:04 PM
Christ, I swear my posts get deleted on a phone.

Praise Jebus

No_Skill
December 13th, 2019, 10:09 PM
Quadruple coverage?

veinup
December 13th, 2019, 10:09 PM
TERRIBLE.

Grizzlies82
December 13th, 2019, 10:10 PM
Quadruple coverage?
Interception bad!

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 10:10 PM
Awful throw from Sneed.

Why would you just toss that up for grabs?

Silenoz
December 13th, 2019, 10:11 PM
Quadruple coverage?
Crazy like a fox!

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 10:12 PM
Defense bails Sneed out

7-3 Griz

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 10:21 PM
Sneed is killing us.

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 10:33 PM
Montana defense playing lights out so far.

38 total yards.
Only 1 first down.
0-8 on 3rd down.

Montana might be running away with this, if it weren't for one awful pass, and one pass that sailed on Sneed.

Still feeling very nervous letting Weber hang around only down by 4.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 10:56 PM
Great playcall for the TD!!

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 10:57 PM
Weber woke up.

10-7 Weebs

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 11:01 PM
Sneed with another pick!!

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 11:02 PM
Welp, we're screwed.

Sneed's 3rd pick.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 13th, 2019, 11:02 PM
Momentum swinging in Weber's favor.

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 11:03 PM
WTF was that

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 11:05 PM
Weber State bumbles the snap on the FG. Montana escapes.....

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 11:06 PM
Man, Weber doing their best to help Montana.

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2019, 11:08 PM
Interesting chess match brewing to see which team can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

veinup
December 13th, 2019, 11:08 PM
don’t think that’s a catch.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 11:10 PM
Sneed throws another pick! These are awful passes/decisions.....yikes!

veinup
December 13th, 2019, 11:13 PM
dalton losing his mind

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 11:14 PM
lol this game sure has turned around

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 11:14 PM
Flags everywhere...

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2019, 11:17 PM
Why review it when it's PI anyway?? Pointless and stupid

Silenoz
December 13th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Has any team had a -5 or worse turnover margin and won? Maybe we can make some history here

MTfan4life
December 13th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Sneed throws another pick! These are awful passes/decisions.....yikes!

Ten of his 13 interceptions this season have come on the road.

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 11:20 PM
Has any team had a -5 or worse turnover margin and won? Maybe we can make some history here
Probably not, and I doubt that'll change tonight.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 11:21 PM
I don't see either one of these teams going going on the road and beating JMU.

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 11:22 PM
This game is going to take 10 years off of my life

Silenoz
December 13th, 2019, 11:23 PM
I don't see either one of these teams going going on the road and beating JMU.

Maybe we'll rock the triple option and throw them in disarray

veinup
December 13th, 2019, 11:24 PM
dalton will throw at least one more pick
😂😂😂

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 11:27 PM
dalton will throw at least one more pick

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 11:32 PM
Our O Line is just getting smashed

Silenoz
December 13th, 2019, 11:32 PM
Come on botched snap or something!

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 13th, 2019, 11:41 PM
Sneed making some seriously boneheaded throws

Bison56
December 13th, 2019, 11:41 PM
Wow

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 11:42 PM
Welp, it was always rolling towards this type of game.

We're toast.

Hats off to Weber.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
That is probably game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Blocked punt for a TD! That should just about do it. Weber might win yet fail to reach 150 total yards of offense.....

Grizzlies82
December 13th, 2019, 11:43 PM
Time to start playing offense this half

Silenoz
December 13th, 2019, 11:46 PM
Oh well, it's just a game. Season went a lot better than I thought it would so this was bonus time. Congrats and all that. Wake me up in August.

NOLA
December 13th, 2019, 11:49 PM
Only a 10-point game but feels like 30.

Herdistheword
December 13th, 2019, 11:51 PM
Unless Weber finds an offense, they will get smoked by JMU...

wapiti
December 13th, 2019, 11:52 PM
Let's Go BBQ!!!

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2019, 11:55 PM
Well, I guess it's technically​ not over

Silenoz
December 14th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Offense do the thing with the football

Lorne_Malvo
December 14th, 2019, 12:07 AM
Sneed sucks. Really bad.

Hammersmith
December 14th, 2019, 12:08 AM
Seems like an appropriate ending.

veinup
December 14th, 2019, 12:08 AM

Doooks
December 14th, 2019, 12:09 AM
Congrats Weber. See you next week.

NOLA
December 14th, 2019, 12:09 AM
Has the MVP ever been won by the other team? Wowzers.

Silenoz
December 14th, 2019, 12:10 AM
Well shoot. Feel bad for Sneed. Good QB who has to end the career with his worst game.

Congrats again.

jmufan999
December 14th, 2019, 12:11 AM
Congrats, Weber. Looking forward to a great game next week.

uofmman1122
December 14th, 2019, 12:13 AM
Feel absolutely sick for Dalton.

Just a tough way to end a career. He was an all-time gamer.

Congrats, Weber. Hope you do well next week.

Hammersmith
December 14th, 2019, 12:13 AM
Great, purple on purple again.

MTfan4life
December 14th, 2019, 12:20 AM
Has the MVP ever been won by the other team? Wowzers.

I think SDSU's Taryn Christion will forever hold that honor. He had 9 turnovers in the 2017 semifinals against James Madison.

Grizzlies82
Feel absolutely sick for Dalton.

Just a tough way to end a career. He was an all-time gamer.

Congrats, Weber. Hope you do well next week.

Was always a gambler just didn’t have the dice rolling his way today. 5 Touchdowns last week and 5 interceptions today. Yes I feel bad for him too but it has just been his nature

ming01
Final Score JMU 6 Weber 3

Grizzlies82
December 14th, 2019, 12:21 AM
Final Score JMU 6 Weber 3

Based on today that score is perfect

fencer24
December 14th, 2019, 12:22 AM
Well, we got much further than I thought. And next year is looking really great. Good luck Weber, and with any luck, you knock off JMU and the Bobcats knock off NDSU, it would be a rematch again.

MTfan4life
December 14th, 2019, 12:23 AM
Well shoot. Feel bad for Sneed. Good QB who has to end the career with his worst game.

Congrats again.

That's the nature of the beast in a division decided by playoffs. Unfortunately careers end on a rough note for a lot of players. Look at Dan Carpenter.

veinup
December 14th, 2019, 12:23 AM
worst game dalton played all year and we were still in it on the last drive. tough game. well played weebs. best of luck.

uofmman1122
December 14th, 2019, 12:25 AM
It's kind of amazing to me that we didn't lose by 28.

veinup
December 14th, 2019, 12:43 AM
despite the epic meltdown sneed still goes down as one of my all time favorite montana qb’s. he’s been a blast to watch, especially before the injury/surgery.

Silenoz
December 14th, 2019, 12:47 AM
Super awesome guy too. Made my 4 year old's day on the field after one of the games. Couldn't have been nicer.

I Bleed Purple
December 14th, 2019, 12:50 AM
Just got home.

Wooo!

First it was snow, then fog, then rain, then rain and wind. Was perfect.

Downside is our best WR is probably still going to be out. Our best RB looks hobbled, doesn't look good next week. Our best QB is what you saw so that ain't improving. Yet we're in the semifinals. Go defense.

I Bleed Purple
December 14th, 2019, 12:53 AM
Also got home and clock said 11:40, so that's new.

Gonna suck when game time is 10 AM local time next week.

GreatGreatGreat
December 14th, 2019, 01:17 AM
Go Cats! Beat JMU.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2019, 06:12 AM
Montana fans can relax

Man I blew this one.... Montana and Weber are both hard to judge

knit35
December 14th, 2019, 06:45 AM
Go Cats! Beat JMU.

Congrats Weber. See you next week.

MR. CHICKEN
December 14th, 2019, 07:23 AM
31272.........T'WAS DUH OL' ADAGE......."HARD TA WIN TWICE IN SAME SEASON".......HAVE DAT....OVERAH DUH MANTEL/FIREPLACE........AH REFER TA IT....ALOT...DIS TIME UH YEAR.........BRAWK!

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Weber State has no chance against JMU. It will be a
replay of the JMU/UNI game except WSU D isn’t as good. JMU 27 WSU 0

GreatGreatGreat
December 14th, 2019, 08:48 AM
Weber State has no chance against JMU. It will be a
replay of the JMU/UNI game except WSU D isn’t as good. JMU 27 WSU 0
You are right. If only Weber and UNI played this year so we could know which team was better. xcoffeex

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 09:01 AM
You are right. If only, Weber and UNI played this year so we could know which team was better. xcoffeexWhat do you want to bet on the JMU/Weber State game?? You guys barely beat UND at home, how good can you be? :D

ksu_owls
December 14th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Congrats Weber!

GreatGreatGreat
December 14th, 2019, 09:09 AM
What do you want to bet on the JMU/Weber State game?? You guys barely beat UND at home, how good can you be? :D
We’re definitely not going to be favored. Everyone knows that JMU and NDSU are the 2 best teams this season. But to say UNI would give a better shot than Weber when we took UNI to the woodshed is kinda ridiculous. Weber has “barely” beat several teams this year. We have to grind out wins and take advantage of turnovers and special teams. Our coaching staff game plans are unrivaled in FCS. We don’t win pretty but we still find ways to win. UNI having a better defense is definitely debatable. Weber has a top 25 defense in arguably the best offensive conference in the country.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 09:19 AM
We’re definitely not going to be favored. Everyone knows that JMU and NDSU are the 2 best teams this season. But to say UNI would give a better shot than Weber when we took UNI to the woodshed is kinda ridiculous. Weber has “barely” beat several teams this year. We have to grind out wins and take advantage of turnovers and special teams. Our coaching staff game plans are unrivaled in FCS. We don’t win pretty but we still find ways to win. UNI having a better defense is definitely debatable. Weber has a top 25 defense in arguably the best offensive conference in the country.You beat UNI, at home, but I wouldn't exactly say you took them to the woodshed, I guess your woodshed is different than my woodshed. You guys have a good football team, I had you higher in the polls all year than I had UNI but UNI does have a better D than Weber State and I think JMU drops more than 17 on you. It was hard to tell how good JMU's D is given what they played against last night.

GreatGreatGreat
December 14th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Game was 27-3 and we ran the ball to milk the clock. Our starting QB was also out. I’ll bet we score more than UNI. Like I’ve said earlier though the gap between #3 and #24 is smaller than the gap between #3 and #2. That’s how dominant NDSU and JMU are this season. However, JMU knows too well how fun it is to play against Coach Hill. If you’ve got a weakness we will find it.

CopperCat
December 14th, 2019, 09:39 AM
I guess your woodshed is different than my woodshed.

Well, we do know one thing: your mouth is bigger than G3's woodshed.

jadmt
December 14th, 2019, 09:45 AM
Congrats to Weber. I think they have a punchers chance against JMU. We were watching the JMU game and they certainly don't look like they are unbeatable.

jadmt
December 14th, 2019, 09:49 AM
We’re definitely not going to be favored. Everyone knows that JMU and NDSU are the 2 best teams this season. But to say UNI would give a better shot than Weber when we took UNI to the woodshed is kinda ridiculous. Weber has “barely” beat several teams this year. We have to grind out wins and take advantage of turnovers and special teams. Our coaching staff game plans are unrivaled in FCS. We don’t win pretty but we still find ways to win. UNI having a better defense is definitely debatable. Weber has a top 25 defense in arguably the best offensive conference in the country.

your long snapper better get things figured out. I bet he has given your coaches some gray hair. For the record after watching JMU a couple of times this year including yesterday I think you guys have a chance. I actually said watching the game if we get by Weber we can beat these guys.

GreatGreatGreat
December 14th, 2019, 10:04 AM
your long snapper better get things figured out. I bet he has given your coaches some gray hair. For the record after watching JMU a couple of times this year including yesterday I think you guys have a chance. I actually said watching the game if we get by Weber we can beat these guys.
Thanks. Honestly, you guys probably match up with them better but we’ll still play the game.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Yea he has a pretty small woodshed. We will see what happens in the game. I think I also said UNI had no chance against JMU. I am pretty sure I was correct there. I don’t usually do a lot of trash talking on the football threads because it
sometimes come back to haunt you but we will see.

GreatGreatGreat
December 14th, 2019, 10:54 AM
Yea he has a pretty small woodshed. We will see what happens in the game. I think I also said UNI had no chance against JMU. I am pretty sure I was correct there. I don’t usually do a lot of trash talking on the football threads because it
sometimes come back to haunt you but we will see.
No trash talking here. JMU is a great team but not much better than San Diego State. We have a punchers chance. As you’ve stated you’ve only seen us play twice. We win ugly. Everyone says they’re not impressed. But we keep winning.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2019, 10:58 AM
Congrats to the Wildcats!

uofmman1122
December 14th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Still can't believe we only lost by 7.

I Bleed Purple
December 14th, 2019, 12:25 PM
I have difficulty believing UNI's defense is better than Weber State's.

I Bleed Purple
December 14th, 2019, 12:26 PM
Still can't believe we only lost by 7.

Why? Weber's offense is below average to put it nicely.

uofmman1122
December 15th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Why? Weber's offense is below average to put it nicely.
We had 6 turnovers.

I don't care how bad your offense is (or even how good our defense played), 99 times out of 100 a team that gives up 6 turnovers loses by 20+.

Bisonoline
December 15th, 2019, 08:14 PM

Obviously only to be superseded by yours. xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2019, 09:35 AM
Man I blew this one.... Montana and Weber are both hard to judge

Honestly, I think this team had a few holes talent-wise, but were able to mask them for most of the season with effort and execution. In any event, it at least feels good to be talking about why we lost in the quarterfinals instead of why we didn't make the playoffs again.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 16th, 2019, 11:40 AM
Christ, I swear my posts get deleted on a phone.

Praise Jebus

It was deleted and it says you deleted it so you must be hitting something that deleted it on the phone app.

Silenoz
December 16th, 2019, 11:44 AM
It was deleted and it says you deleted it so you must be hitting something that deleted it on the phone app.
Correct. I'd attach a screenshot of my phone (if attachments worked), but I swear I cannot edit a post on it, and that it deletes it by default instead.

Pixel2 + Chrome fyi.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 16th, 2019, 12:07 PM
Correct. I'd attach a screenshot of my phone (if attachments worked), but I swear I cannot edit a post on it, and that it deletes it by default instead.

Pixel2 + Chrome fyi.

Man, I am not real good with tapatalk so maybe someone else knows why it is happening.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 16th, 2019, 12:08 PM
Congrats to Weber, good luck at JMU.