PDA

View Full Version : ISUr @ NDSU

Pages : [1] 2

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2019, 06:14 AM
I didn't see this thread started so I thought what the hell. NDSU play was rusty but give credit to Nichols in the previous game they came to play. ISUr will do the same but do they have the tools to make a game of it? Last game against NDSU at their house NDSU embarassed them!! They only mustered 3 points. Can their QB carry this team another week or will they surprise us with an unseen passiing game? Will NDSU come out of the gates faster this week instead of playing half a game?

Big surprise I think NDSU will handle business. They know this conference foe well and will be ready. NDSU takes this one but it will be closer than the last game against the redbirds.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 06:46 AM
The "rust" showed for NDSU. But I think the offense will come out and play better against Ill State. Kobe Johnson will play and that will give the offense a boost IMO.

Redbirds have passed the ball only like 17 times in the last 2 games....xeekx....and I expect a healthy dose of Mr. Robinson next Saturday right up the gut. You can bet Spack will see the weak link in the Bison defense (interior DL and MLB) and try and exploit that.

In the first game between the teams, NDSU got up early and took Robinson out of the game. If they can do that again it should lead to a win. Make the Redbirds beat them with the passing game. If the Redbirds move the chains consistently running the ball, the Bison are in for a long day. Need to get them off the field. Keep the Bison offense on the field.

The penalties are also a problem for the Bison along with the kicking game. Crosa will be back I guess from his suspension. The penalties could come to bite them in the butt against another good team. The unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are uncalled for.

IMO, the Bison offense comes out sharper and moves the ball and plays more efficiently. The Bison defense will give up some yards to Robinson but hopefully they keep them out of the endzone. There is no reason to believe they cannot do it based on the season defensive stats for far. The Bison defense will rise to the occasion for this rematch. Make the Redbirds earn it and beat them passing. Load the box and play man on the outside.....but that will not happen. Base defense will be played all game long with some run blitzes sprinkled in.

Bison by 2-3 TDs.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2019, 07:03 AM
Hopefully NDSU DT Cole Karcz can get back for this game... they could really use him. I expect SS Michael Tutsie to play a big role in this game for the Bison. In the first matchup between these teams he got shown up by James Robinson missing some tackles but I'm sure he's going to live near the LOS all day.

On the other side Illinois St's defense got embarrassed by the Bison offense the last time out giving up a season high 293 rush yards (which was double their next highest total allowed this year) so I expect them to play a better game as well. In the end NDSU has a monstrous advantage at QB and in the passing game so even if all other things are equal I expect Trey Lance to be the difference.

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2019, 07:16 AM
...........YAWNER!.....WHAA IT'S ON SATURDAY.......NO FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS APPEAL.......BRAWQ!

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2019, 07:24 AM
...........YAWNER!.....WHAA IT'S ON SATURDAY.......NO FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS APPEAL.......BRAWQ!
NDSU has been in this time slot every year since 2013. Prior to this year (when the championship game was still on ESPN2) the Saturday noon ET quarterfinal was always the most watched game of the playoffs since it was the only playoff game on the ESPN mothership and it immediately follows College Gameday. This year I'd expect the championship game to top it being on ABC.

They did move this game to ESPN2 in 2017 for some reason but it's been on ESPN every other year including this one. Most of us fans would've preferred the Friday night game especially since the Friday night semi is not happening this year (thanks Friso Bowl).

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 07:29 AM
I think this will be the 4th week in a row that Ill State has traveled for a game. Will that take a toll on the team? You would think so eventually.

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2019, 07:37 AM
NDSU has been in this time slot every year since 2013. Prior to this year (when the championship game was still on ESPN2) the Saturday noon ET quarterfinal was always the most watched game of the playoffs since it was the only playoff game on the ESPN mothership and it immediately follows College Gameday. This year I'd expect the championship game to top it being on ABC.

They did move this game to ESPN2 in 2017 for some reason but it's been on ESPN every other year including this one. Most of us fans would've preferred the Friday night game especially since the Friday night semi is not happening this year (thanks Friso Bowl).

......KNOW ALL DAT............................................YAW NER!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 07:39 AM
......KNOW ALL DAT............................................YAW NER!

Then it is an easy decision for you.....don't watch it.

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2019, 07:42 AM
Then it is an easy decision for you.....don't watch it.

....AH'LL WATCH.....AN' YAWN.............BRAWQ!!

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2019, 07:51 AM
I want to see Braun deploy a 5-3-3 for this game. Bring in an extra DT to clog the Center up and have Jabril spy their QB. Bring Tutsie/Hendricks down into the Box and, (I say this knowing I will probably regret it) hope that Bridges and Hayes can play on an island until they decide to give up running Robinson 40x a game.

Houndawg
December 8th, 2019, 07:59 AM
NDSU by 30+

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2019, 08:02 AM
I want to see Braun deploy a 5-3-3 for this game. Bring in an extra DT to clog the Center up and have Jabril spy their QB. Bring Tutsie/Hendricks down into the Box and, (I say this knowing I will probably regret it) hope that Bridges and Hayes can play on an island until they decide to give up running Robinson 40x a game.
Meh... I've seen a few people mention this and, unless they've been practicing it throughout the season (which I doubt since we haven't seen it yet), I don't like it. Trying to install something new in a week in the playoffs isn't a great idea. Besides, I don't think the DL is the greatest position of depth for this team so putting 5 of them out there at all times shortening the rotation is questionable as well.

I say stay with what got you here but bring Tutsie and/or Hendricks down a ton in run support. If they beat Bridges or Hayes 1-on-1 on the outside I'll live with that because I don't think they'll be able to do that consistently enough to sustain drives.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2019, 08:03 AM
Ok, The Bison are officially on notice,

Probably will not be happening Friday night but the rest of the FCS had got to be saying this thing can be beat!

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2019, 08:08 AM

Probably will not be happening Friday night but the rest of the FCS had got to be saying this thing can be beat!
This isn't really a revelation. SDSU damn near did it with a 3rd string true freshman QB seeing his first meaningful game action of the season. If the cards fall right any team still playing could beat NDSU but if the Bison play their "A game" I don't think any FCS team can beat them even if they play an "A game" themselves.

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2019, 08:11 AM
This isn't really a revelation. SDSU damn near did it with a 3rd string true freshman QB seeing his first meaningful game action of the season. If the cards fall right any team still playing could beat NDSU but if the Bison play their "A game" I don't think any FCS team can beat them even if they play an "A game" themselves.

JMU is the elephant on the room. How good are they? The have a lot of experience to go against a young Bison team. If both teams make it to Frisco, we'll find out.

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2019, 08:17 AM
Meh... I've seen a few people mention this and, unless they've been practicing it throughout the season (which I doubt since we haven't seen it yet), I don't like it. Trying to install something new in a week in the playoffs isn't a great idea. Besides, I don't think the DL is the greatest position of depth for this team so putting 5 of them out there at all times shortening the rotation is questionable as well.

I say stay with what got you here but bring Tutsie and/or Hendricks down a ton in run support. If they beat Bridges or Hayes 1-on-1 on the outside I'll live with that because I don't think they'll be able to do that consistently enough to sustain drives.

If you put 5 down on the line even for a few plays, it will force them to pass it. I'd rather see us try to stop the run then allow them to get 5.1 and 6.1 yards per carry. Stopping Robinson is the key to this game and I would rather get beat through the air then up the middle. It was getting so bad yesterday that a group of us were mentioning that if we were Nicholls, we'd go up the A-Gap all game. Until NDSU gives a team a reason to pass, smash it up the middle as they cannot stop it. Bringing in a NT would at least give them the impression they want to stop it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 08:18 AM

This here.

JMU, if both teams make it to Frisco which they both will IMO, is good enough to slow the Bison offense and good enough on offense to challenge the Bison defense.

That game would/will be a battle.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 08:20 AM
If you put 5 down on the line even for a few plays, it will force them to pass it. I'd rather see us try to stop the run then allow them to get 5.1 and 6.1 yards per carry. Stopping Robinson is the key to this game and I would rather get beat through the air then up the middle. It was getting so bad yesterday that a group of us were mentioning that if we were Nicholls, we'd go up the A-Gap all game. Until NDSU gives a team a reason to pass, smash it up the middle as they cannot stop it. Bringing in a NT would at least give them the impression they want to stop it.

NDSU will not deviate from their Tampa-2 base defense. Tutsie or Hendricks might come down for run support but the Bison defense is about assignment sharp.

Will be a battle in the trenches for both teams.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2019, 08:24 AM
Agreed that Robinson is priority #1 and #1a. My thought (or maybe hope would be more appropriate) is that they can bring Tutsie and/or Hendricks down into the box in run support much more in this game than they against Nicholls because Illinois St doesn't have a Daejean Dixon type WR that requires frequent safety help nor do they have a Fourcade type QB capable of getting the ball out there consistently.

JMU is the elephant on the room. How good are they? The have a lot of experience to go against a young Bison team. If both teams make it to Frisco, we'll find out.
They've definitely got the horses moreso than any other FCS team out there that's for sure. It'll be interesting to see how UNI stacks up with them. If both NDSU and JMU make Frisco we'll have plenty of time to micro-analyze that matchup.

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2019, 08:26 AM
NDSU will not deviate from their Tampa-2 base defense. Tutsie or Hendricks might come down for run support but the Bison defense is about assignment sharp.

Will be a battle in the trenches for both teams.

I know they will not go away from it, but when a team is one dimensional, why not try and remove that dimension from their game?

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Quote stolen from Bisonville:

It sounds like Illinois St isn't going to fly to Fargo this week. Instead James Robinson is just going to carry the entire team there.

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Agreed that Robinson is priority #1 and #1a. My thought (or maybe hope would be more appropriate) is that they can bring Tutsie and/or Hendricks down into the box in run support much more in this game than they against Nicholls because Illinois St doesn't have a Daejean Dixon type WR that requires frequent safety help nor do they have a Fourcade type QB capable of getting the ball out there consistently.

I'd expect an 8-9 man box throughout most, if not all of the game. If NDSU wins the trenches and they begin to force ISUr to throw the ball, the game is over. That said, Dixon is one hell of a player and the ability to disguise Hendricks the way they did, helped with those INTs.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2019, 08:30 AM
This here.

JMU, if both teams make it to Frisco which they both will IMO, is good enough to slow the Bison offense and good enough on offense to challenge the Bison defense.

That game would/will be a battle.

JMU is a better team than NDSU right now. The Bison may have a higher ceiling than them, but we haven't seen it consistently.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2019, 08:37 AM
JMU is a better team than NDSU right now. The Bison may have a higher ceiling than them, but we haven't seen it consistently.

Stony Brook and Villanova are games that I'd say they showed just like NDSU they have weaknesses. This NDSU team is younger than teams of the past so (See TL's play yesterday as an example) so while anything of course is possible but I would say that until they show they can beat NDSU I can't agree and give the edge to them. If both teams play their A game NDSU wins.

Hammerhead
December 8th, 2019, 08:44 AM
Yeah, the Bison only won by 24 when they were favored by 28. Clearly they are in big trouble. :)

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2019, 08:45 AM
Stony Brook and Villanova are games that I'd say they showed just like NDSU they have weaknesses. This NDSU team is younger than teams of the past so (See TL's play yesterday as an example) so while anything of course is possible but I would say that until they show they can beat NDSU I can't agree and give the edge to them. If both teams play their A game NDSU wins.
Yep, if JMU and NDSU played each other yesterday and both teams played the same as they did then JMU probably wins.

But whatever, there's still potentially 2 more wins that the Bison need to get before any of this discussion is worthwhile.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Yep, if JMU and NDSU played each other yesterday and both teams played the same as they did then JMU probably wins.

But whatever, there's still potentially 2 more wins that the Bison need to get before any of this discussion is worthwhile.

So because NDSU has one bad day (only won by 24 and didn't beat the spread) JMU's a better team yeah ok....smh. If both teams play their A game NDSU is a better team.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2019, 09:21 AM
So because NDSU has one bad day (only won by 24 and didn't beat the spread) JMU's a better team yeah ok....smh. If both teams play their A game NDSU is a better team.
Relax, I didn't say that. In fact I said the same thing you did... if NDSU plays their A game I don't think any FCS team beats them this year even if they play their A game as well. But I thought JMU played a lot closer to their A game yesterday than NDSU did so, had they been playing each other yesterday, JMU probably would've won because of that. It's purely hypothetical but I'm just saying that NDSU isn't invincible and they can be beaten by JMU or anyone else still playing for that matter if they're off their game and the opponent is sufficiently on their game.

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2019, 09:25 AM
The "rust" showed for NDSU. But I think the offense will come out and play better against Ill State. Kobe Johnson will play and that will give the offense a boost IMO.

Redbirds have passed the ball only like 17 times in the last 2 games....xeekx....and I expect a healthy dose of Mr. Robinson next Saturday right up the gut. You can bet Spack will see the weak link in the Bison defense (interior DL and MLB) and try and exploit that.

In the first game between the teams, NDSU got up early and took Robinson out of the game. If they can do that again it should lead to a win. Make the Redbirds beat them with the passing game. If the Redbirds move the chains consistently running the ball, the Bison are in for a long day. Need to get them off the field. Keep the Bison offense on the field.

The penalties are also a problem for the Bison along with the kicking game. Crosa will be back I guess from his suspension. The penalties could come to bite them in the butt against another good team. The unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are uncalled for.

IMO, the Bison offense comes out sharper and moves the ball and plays more efficiently. The Bison defense will give up some yards to Robinson but hopefully they keep them out of the endzone. There is no reason to believe they cannot do it based on the season defensive stats for far. The Bison defense will rise to the occasion for this rematch. Make the Redbirds earn it and beat them passing. Load the box and play man on the outside.....but that will not happen. Base defense will be played all game long with some run blitzes sprinkled in.

Bison by 2-3 TDs.
that is utter BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! We passed the ball 18 times in the 2 playoff games ... get your facts straight before you go shooting your mouth ..... ahem, uh ... sorry ... starting to feel the quarterfinal playoff stress a bit.

:D

Schism55
December 8th, 2019, 09:27 AM
Remember the last time the Bison fundamentally changed their defensive alignment for a specific opponent? I sure as **** do. NO, just NO, don't do this NDSU.

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Remember the last time the Bison fundamentally changed their defensive alignment for a specific opponent? I sure as **** do. NO, just NO, don't do this NDSU.

Yeah, 3 down linemen. Completely different tune.

REALBird
December 8th, 2019, 10:48 AM
We didn’t beat NDSU earlier this year, and that was with a healthy Brady Davis and Robinson. I’m all for the Rocky “shock the world” theme, but we can’t beat the #1 team running one player 35+ times a game.

We need to do stuff they haven’t seen on film, trick play or two, more jet sweeps, some triple option (if needed), bubble screens, utilize the TE, slant routes. Do that early and then you can settle into the run. Unless we do something dramatic, can’t imagine different results.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2019, 11:11 AM

So you’re telling me that 15,000 people wouldn’t have gone into collective shock if the Bison lost yesterday Haha

dewey
December 8th, 2019, 11:14 AM
So you’re telling me that 15,000 people wouldn’t have gone into collective shock if the Bison lost yesterday Haha

It wouldn't have been 15k. It would have much greater.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Yeah, 3 down linemen. Completely different tune.

That scheme for EWU in '16 made me puke.....:pumpuke:

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2019, 11:17 AM
That scheme for EWU in '16 made me puke.....:pumpuke:

Easily one of the worst schemes the Bison have done in a long time.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2019, 11:21 AM
It wouldn't have been 15k. It would have much greater.

Dewey

how does this compare with previous years?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 11:22 AM
Easily one of the worst schemes the Bison have done in a long time.

And Breske's (sp) defense in 09...I think it was 09.....his defensive scheme was crap....bad!

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2019, 11:26 AM
They would've (probably more than 15,000 too btw)… but they've done that the last 8 times the Bison have lost and they'll do it the next 8 times they lose most likely.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2019, 11:39 AM
They would've (probably more than 15,000 too btw)… but they've done that the last 8 times the Bison have lost and they'll do it the next 8 times they lose most likely.

How many years or decades do you have to go back the count up eight Bison losses?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 11:42 AM
How many years or decades do you have to go back the count up eight Bison losses?

Since the start of the '11 season.

2011: 14-1
2012: 14-1
2013: 15-0
2014: 15-1
2015: 13-2
2016: 12-2
2017: 14-1
2018: 15-0
2019: 13-0

Loyl2u
December 8th, 2019, 11:42 AM
No doubt that the Birds played poorly and put the ball on the ground the first go around, a large part due to NDSU remaining the class of the FCS. That being said, there are a few things that could point to a more competitive game. #1 - always harder to beat a team twice in a season, #2 ISU involuntarily has changed some of their looks with new QB and are adding to them weekly. #3 - the outlook from prognosticators eerily similar to those forecasting an easy win for SDSU in the Redbirds trip there this season and the last two weeks shows the Redbirds capable of pulling a big upset. A lot pointing in Bisons’ favor, but sometimes the most dangerous team is a team with nothing to lose. Hoping that just as NDSU fans have moved on to JMU, the Bison players may not take what their coaches are telling them too seriously and also be looking ahead. In any case, you have to win the MVC Football Tournament to make it to the championship game👍

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2019, 11:43 AM
And Breske's (sp) defense in 09...I think it was 09.....his defensive scheme was crap....bad!

I just like to pretend that season never happened

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 11:45 AM
No doubt that the Birds played poorly and put the ball on the ground the first go around, a large part due to NDSU remaining the class of the FCS. That being said, there are a few things that could point to a more competitive game. #1 - always harder to beat a team twice in a season, #2 ISU involuntarily has changed some of their looks with new QB and are adding to them weekly. #3 - the outlook from prognosticators eerily similar to those forecasting an easy win for SDSU in the Redbirds trip there this season and the last two weeks shows the Redbirds capable of pulling a big upset. A lot pointing in Bisons’ favor, but sometimes the most dangerous team is a team with nothing to lose. Hoping that just as NDSU fans have moved on to JMU, the Bison players may not take what their coaches are telling them too seriously and also be looking ahead. In any case, you have to win the MVC Football Tournament to make it to the championship game

This is what us fans do....:Dxthumbsupx

Both coaches will have their teams ready to go for this game. I fully expect a 4th quarter game in this rematch.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Since the start of the '11 season.

2011: 14-1
2012: 14-1
2013: 15-0
2014: 15-1
2015: 13-2
2016: 12-2
2017: 14-1
2018: 15-0
2019: 13-0

I forgot you had 2 losses in 2015 and 16

The top of my head I thought you had to go back more than 10 years to find that many losses

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 11:57 AM
I forgot you had 2 losses in 2015 and 16

The top of my head I thought you had to go back more than 10 years to find that many losses

Throw in '10, that season had 5 losses.

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2019, 01:56 PM
one to my Redbirds ... were going to dig up that game plan and see if it works again.

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2019, 02:16 PM
No doubt that the Birds played poorly and put the ball on the ground the first go around, a large part due to NDSU remaining the class of the FCS. That being said, there are a few things that could point to a more competitive game. #1 - always harder to beat a team twice in a season, #2 ISU involuntarily has changed some of their looks with new QB and are adding to them weekly. #3 - the outlook from prognosticators eerily similar to those forecasting an easy win for SDSU in the Redbirds trip there this season and the last two weeks shows the Redbirds capable of pulling a big upset. A lot pointing in Bisons’ favor, but sometimes the most dangerous team is a team with nothing to lose. Hoping that just as NDSU fans have moved on to JMU, the Bison players may not take what their coaches are telling them too seriously and also be looking ahead. In any case, you have to win the MVC Football Tournament to make it to the championship game
it was a few big plays and bad plays that broke us early ... we were a better team that what we showed that day.

Now, I don't know .. I think our defense is firmed up some and our run game is figuring out how to run when wwe barely pass 15% of the time. But our offense is now down a QB, top 2 WRs, #2 RB, #1 FB, and LG .. so 5 starters and a key backup at RB.

Our back up QB (dual threat RS FR) is settling down ok, but he's honestly just learning how to not crap the bed. Yesterday started horribly, but settled down quickly ... so that was good learning experience to dig out of that mental hole. But we went from 7 passes against SEMO to 11 passes against UCA. I'd like to see maybe 15 passes against Bison, who will no doubt be ready for Robinson. We're learning our QB has some dual threat skills, just very little experience at this level .. so as long as he keeps his sh-t together, he will do ok .. and it won't look anything like YSU or MoST games.

Our defense seems to be tightening things up ... but that was UCA and SEMO .. both considered good offenses based on their regular season results and stats. UCA was averaging 300 pass yards and we held them under 200, but they got a lot of those in Q4. We got 3 picks, had a 4th reversed on their last TD drive due to late hit on QB or we would have won 24-7. But NDSU doesn't throw 60% of time like UCA, so we'll have to shift our focus from pass defense to run defense. NG Ridgeway gave you guys fits last time, despite the blowout score. If we can avoid the big plays that broke us last time, I think we can put up a fight for about half the game.

But not feeling great about doing enough inva full game with our limited offense against a team with a real front 7 .. maybe we'll try to expose your middle some and our dual threat QB will surprise a bit ... maybe.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2019, 03:15 PM
one to my Redbirds ... were going to dig up that game plan and see if it works again.

No Bison fan can answer and no cheating......Name the starting QB for NDSU in that game? :D

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2019, 03:38 PM
No Bison fan can answer and no cheating......Name the starting QB for NDSU in that game? :D
Rex Grossman ???

No idea without looking it up .. was it Brock Jensen's first start ever ?

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2019, 03:50 PM
if you guys want to make this more interesting, you should go with 3-3-5 personnel and just stack the box in a 5-2 alignment with undersized personnel like SEMO did. Speed kills .. or gets killed, I forget which ... but one of those things will happen. It worked out great .... but please just trust me and don't look up the box score that game.

And yes, I'm the one and only vote for ISUr

POD Knows
December 8th, 2019, 03:52 PM
No Bison fan can answer and no cheating......Name the starting QB for NDSU in that game? :DHad to be Mohler

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2019, 03:55 PM
if you guys want to make this more interesting, you should go with 3-3-5 personnel and just stack the box in a 5-2 alignment with undersized personnel like SEMO did. Speed kills .. or gets killed, I forget which ... but one of those things will happen. It worked out great .... but please just trust me and don't look up the box score that game.

And yes, I'm the one and only vote for ISUrNDSU did a 3-3-5 against EWU and needed OT to beat them, at home nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2019, 04:00 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49189406063_0efaed50ed_o.jpg

As the numbers show Illinois St is going to have to play pretty flawless to win this game. They're going go need to run the ball effectively and contain NDSU's run game. They're good in both of those departments but it's really tough to keep a team like NDSU down in those areas the whole game. The Redbird defense has also been super good in the redzone this year. If they can force NDSU to kick FGs they'll be in very good shape not only because NDSU is not good at kicking FGs but because it'll keep them in the game and the longer they can stay in the game the better chance they have since all the pressure will be on NDSU and Illinois St does not have an offense built to erase deficits.

dewey
December 8th, 2019, 04:20 PM

Well if it was 2010. The Bison quarterbacks that season were Brock Jensen, Jose Mohler and Dante Perez.

I would guess in that game since we lost it wasn't Brock Jensen.

I will go with Jose Mohler (maybe Dante Perez).

Did I win? (I will go look)

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2019, 04:41 PM
https://gobison.com/sports/football/stats/2010/illinois-state/boxscore/1435

Jose! Jose Jose Jose! xlolx

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2019, 04:43 PM
Date
Opponent

Score

Attend

Site
Notes

11/3/2007
ILLINOIS STATE
W
54-28

Fargo, ND
Trees Bowl

10/25/2008
at Illinois State
W
25-7

Normal, IL

10/3/2009
ILLINOIS STATE
L
24-27

Fargo, ND
Homecoming

10/16/2010
at Illinois State
L
24-34

Normal, IL

10/1/2011
ILLINOIS STATE
W
20-10

Fargo, ND
Homecoming

11/17/2012
at #11 Illinois State
W
38-20

Normal, IL

11/9/2013
ILLINOIS STATE
W
28-10

Fargo, ND
Harvest Bowl

^p
1/10/2015
vs #7 Illinois State
W
29-27

Frisco, TX
NCAA Division I Championship

10/1/2016
#18 ILLINOIS STATE
W
31-10

Fargo, ND
Homecoming

11/18/2017
at #21 Illinois State
W
20-7

Normal, IL

10/20/2018
#7 ILLINOIS STATE
W
28-14

Fargo, ND

10/5/2019
at #6 Illinois State
W
37-3

Normal, IL

Bisonator
December 8th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Redbirds will come out with 5 wide and sling it all over us next Saturday. They may even empty the backfield and send Robinson out wide once in awhile.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2019, 04:48 PM
Redbirds will come out with 5 wide and sling it all over us next Saturday. They may even empty the backfield and send Robinson out wide once in awhile. #BOOKIT

FYP

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Redbirds will come out with 5 wide and sling it all over us next Saturday. They may even empty the backfield and send Robinson out wide once in awhile.
youre geting J-Law'd for that .. and a grainy one at that

https://media.tenor.com/images/c1843ae88ce48768bad2436c105cff69/tenor.gif
(https://tenor.com/search/jennifer-lawrence-ok-gifs)

ST_Lawson
December 8th, 2019, 06:04 PM

That was the last time we beat you guys. Have come close a couple of times since then, but most haven't been all that close.
Jenson was the QB for NDSU in that game.

Mfergy4
December 9th, 2019, 10:11 AM
it was a few big plays and bad plays that broke us early ... we were a better team that what we showed that day.

Now, I don't know .. I think our defense is firmed up some and our run game is figuring out how to run when wwe barely pass 15% of the time. But our offense is now down a QB, top 2 WRs, #2 RB, #1 FB, and LG .. so 5 starters and a key backup at RB.

Our back up QB (dual threat RS FR) is settling down ok, but he's honestly just learning how to not crap the bed. Yesterday started horribly, but settled down quickly ... so that was good learning experience to dig out of that mental hole. But we went from 7 passes against SEMO to 11 passes against UCA. I'd like to see maybe 15 passes against Bison, who will no doubt be ready for Robinson. We're learning our QB has some dual threat skills, just very little experience at this level .. so as long as he keeps his sh-t together, he will do ok .. and it won't look anything like YSU or MoST games.

Our defense seems to be tightening things up ... but that was UCA and SEMO .. both considered good offenses based on their regular season results and stats. UCA was averaging 300 pass yards and we held them under 200, but they got a lot of those in Q4. We got 3 picks, had a 4th reversed on their last TD drive due to late hit on QB or we would have won 24-7. But NDSU doesn't throw 60% of time like UCA, so we'll have to shift our focus from pass defense to run defense. NG Ridgeway gave you guys fits last time, despite the blowout score. If we can avoid the big plays that broke us last time, I think we can put up a fight for about half the game.

But not feeling great about doing enough inva full game with our limited offense against a team with a real front 7 .. maybe we'll try to expose your middle some and our dual threat QB will surprise a bit ... maybe.

Much respect for the Red Birds! After Nichols torn up the middle of the line this last week I expect the Red birds to use that to their favor. I was at the game and the Nichol blocking scheme had a lot to do with how back our D-line play looked in the middle. Double team the point of attack D-tackle; let the off side D-tackle attack up field a bit a seal him off; line the FB behind the TE and the pull as the lead blocker into the hole on the MLB, Outside backers forced to crash inside to make the tackle but only after a 5 to 7 yard gain. We finally adjusted by bringing the Mike back inside but that did not occur until middle of the third quarter.
The Rd Bird play earlier this year can not a be a realistic picture for this game. Much has changed and for the Red Birds it looks like a very positive change. No team is a real slouch this time of year. All have the capability of beating the Bison if the Bison do not prepare properly. One of my biggest concerns is the Johnson penalties on the O-line. A Senior should not be having the penalties he has been having these last 4 or 5 games. Not good Senior leadership at this time of year. We need to take the Red Birds very seriously, even if they appear very one dimensional...why...because they are winning and at this time of season that is all that counts. Again, we find our selves 0-0 with another good opponent coming in to the Dome. I know it is finals week but we really do need the Students to make a showing!!!!

Redbird 4th & short
December 9th, 2019, 10:28 AM
Much respect for the Red Birds! After Nichols torn up the middle of the line this last week I expect the Red birds to use that to their favor. I was at the game and the Nichol blocking scheme had a lot to do with how back our D-line play looked in the middle. Double team the point of attack D-tackle; let the off side D-tackle attack up field a bit a seal him off; line the FB behind the TE and the pull as the lead blocker into the hole on the MLB, Outside backers forced to crash inside to make the tackle but only after a 5 to 7 yard gain. We finally adjusted by bringing the Mike back inside but that did not occur until middle of the third quarter.
The Rd Bird play earlier this year can not a be a realistic picture for this game. Much has changed and for the Red Birds it looks like a very positive change. No team is a real slouch this time of year. All have the capability of beating the Bison if the Bison do not prepare properly. One of my biggest concerns is the Johnson penalties on the O-line. A Senior should not be having the penalties he has been having these last 4 or 5 games. Not good Senior leadership at this time of year. We need to take the Red Birds very seriously, even if they appear very one dimensional...why...because they are winning and at this time of season that is all that counts. Again, we find our selves 0-0 with another good opponent coming in to the Dome. I know it is finals week but we really do need the Students to make a showing!!!!
nice recap .. not my area of expertise .. hope you don't mind, but I am going to post this on Redbird Forum for our true football experts to assess.

That said, not smelling an upset here .. too much missing on offense.

Update on WR Edgar ... not a concussion at all .. whew, tweaked his neck and he walked off field .. so maybe not serious. No word on whether he will play this week. But he is by far our best and most experienced receiver .. he makes everyone else better just by drawing attention and everyone else moving down a notch in pecking order. We have a real nice young grop of receivers .. I think in 1 or 2 years it will become a strength, but they are just not ready for prime time yet.

Loyl2u
December 9th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Ok, https://www.anygivensaturday.com/blob:https://www.anygivensaturday.com/48a617a0-d730-4b8f-b94c-46353e6936e0fan planning our first trip to Fargo, we will get in late Friday night, but would appreciate some sage advise on visitor tailgate lot, what to see around stadium, traffic patterns, etc. PS, advice like “wear gold and green” will be summarily ignored😁

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Ok, https://www.anygivensaturday.com/blob:https://www.anygivensaturday.com/48a617a0-d730-4b8f-b94c-46353e6936e0fan planning our first trip to Fargo, we will get in late Friday night, but would appreciate some sage advise on visitor tailgate lot, what to see around stadium, traffic patterns, etc. PS, advice like “wear gold and green” will be summarily ignored😁

Walk the tailgate lot in ISU gear....you wont need anything. Prepare to get hammered and fed.

Chalupa Batman
December 9th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Walk the tailgate lot in ISU gear....you wont need anything. Prepare to get hammered and fed.

What he said. And don't be afraid to show up early.

thebootfitter
December 9th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Is it, though? I know this idea gets tossed around a lot. But I suspect there are no strong data to support the argument.

Redbird 4th & short
December 9th, 2019, 01:55 PM

He loyl2u .. just noticed you are a Redbird fan .. good to have you around. If we're going to have any chance this week, you hit on the 2 most important reason why:

1st bolded comment about our new QB .. he is settling down, and related to this, though just as important IMO, is what another Redbird fan said on our forum ... we now know exactly who we are on offense and can focus on that entirely. And these are new looks for us as an offense ... they know Robinson, but they don't know Jefferson and the playbook for Jefferson is much different than it was for Davis. That can certainly go either way .. good or bad, but unknowns in this situation can help if we execute and avoid sh-tting the bed.

2nd bolded comment about our team .. we were playing with everything to lose against MoST and YSU, and we were totally unprepared to play either back up QB with no notice .. and we responded poorly to this adversity, partly because the weight of the world was on our offense to earn that top 8 seed ... and we sucked those last 2 regular season games. Then we come into playoffs as one of the "last 4 in" and suddenly we're the underdog in both playoff games on the road .. that weight is lifted, and we're playing with nothing to lose.

Still a long shot, but if we compete, this will probably be much of the reason why ... because straight up, as is, we have no chance this week otherwise. So truth be told, we need to catch them by surprise some .. between that and Robinson having a little more bounce in his step with playoffs here ... now we are in quarterfinals, got a shot at the Bison, and its on ESPN .. I'm thinking after his last 2 games, his adrenaline may be pumping even more.

I just don't see how we lose this game !!!xsmiley_wix

X-Factor
December 9th, 2019, 02:05 PM
No doubt that the Birds played poorly and put the ball on the ground the first go around, a large part due to NDSU remaining the class of the FCS. That being said, there are a few things that could point to a more competitive game. #1 - always harder to beat a team twice in a season, #2 ISU involuntarily has changed some of their looks with new QB and are adding to them weekly. #3 - the outlook from prognosticators eerily similar to those forecasting an easy win for SDSU in the Redbirds trip there this season and the last two weeks shows the Redbirds capable of pulling a big upset. A lot pointing in Bisons’ favor, but sometimes the most dangerous team is a team with nothing to lose. Hoping that just as NDSU fans have moved on to JMU, the Bison players may not take what their coaches are telling them too seriously and also be looking ahead. In any case, you have to win the MVC Football Tournament to make it to the championship game[emoji106]

Yep. I also expect this game to be closer. I don’t think 34 point loss was representative of ISU.

You’ll still lose though ;-)

Gil Dobie
December 9th, 2019, 06:10 PM
....AH'LL WATCH.....AN' YAWN.............BRAWQ!!

Asking for a friend, do you think the Refs might keep the game close.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2019, 06:45 PM
Asking for a friend, do you think the Refs might keep the game close.

No, not even the refs would be able to help Illinois state in this one

cx500d
December 9th, 2019, 06:45 PM
Yep. I also expect this game to be closer. I don’t think 34 point loss was representative of ISU.

You’ll still lose though ;-)
Just 5 times?

dewey
December 9th, 2019, 06:49 PM
https://gobison.com/sports/football/stats/2010/illinois-state/boxscore/1435

Jose! Jose Jose Jose! xlolx

I WIN I WIN!

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2019, 08:25 PM
I WIN I WIN!

Dewey

I said no Bison fans! Haha

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2019, 08:47 PM
We always show up uninvited. Ask any non-Bison fan on this site. xlolx

POD Knows
December 9th, 2019, 08:59 PM
It is going to be about -10 degrees at tailgating on Saturday, it will be a morgue there.

that guy
December 10th, 2019, 07:02 AM
Well no new southern speed this week; just a mvfc pound the rock game. Can ndsu d-line stop the run and the o-line stop the stupid penalties? If so should produce similar result as earlier this year if not could be a close one. I would expect with all the running in this game it could set a record for shortest game without a triple option team playing.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2019, 07:02 AM
It is going to be about -10 degrees at tailgating on Saturday, it will be a morgue there.
Outdoor temps at kickoff will probably be closer to -10 than 0. Good thing we've got the Fargodome or the game would be a ghost town also.

uni88
December 10th, 2019, 08:40 AM
Outdoor temps at kickoff will probably be closer to -10 than 0. Good thing we've got the Fargodome or the game would be a ghost town also.Wouldn't it be great if this week was round 1 of the playoffs?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mfergy4
December 10th, 2019, 09:08 AM
He loyl2u .. just noticed you are a Redbird fan .. good to have you around. If we're going to have any chance this week, you hit on the 2 most important reason why:

1st bolded comment about our new QB .. he is settling down, and related to this, though just as important IMO, is what another Redbird fan said on our forum ... we now know exactly who we are on offense and can focus on that entirely. And these are new looks for us as an offense ... they know Robinson, but they don't know Jefferson and the playbook for Jefferson is much different than it was for Davis. That can certainly go either way .. good or bad, but unknowns in this situation can help if we execute and avoid sh-tting the bed.

2nd bolded comment about our team .. we were playing with everything to lose against MoST and YSU, and we were totally unprepared to play either back up QB with no notice .. and we responded poorly to this adversity, partly because the weight of the world was on our offense to earn that top 8 seed ... and we sucked those last 2 regular season games. Then we come into playoffs as one of the "last 4 in" and suddenly we're the underdog in both playoff games on the road .. that weight is lifted, and we're playing with nothing to lose.

Still a long shot, but if we compete, this will probably be much of the reason why ... because straight up, as is, we have no chance this week otherwise. So truth be told, we need to catch them by surprise some .. between that and Robinson having a little more bounce in his step with playoffs here ... now we are in quarterfinals, got a shot at the Bison, and its on ESPN .. I'm thinking after his last 2 games, his adrenaline may be pumping even more.

I just don't see how we lose this game !!!xsmiley_wix

Oh goodness, we are so hapless, ISU has hope, ISU has nothing to lose, and they have a Robinson. NDSU is so over matched and clueless with their Redshirt Freshman and 1st year head coach....(pinches self)....Goodness what a nightmare.
Going to be a close game but one dimensional teams usually do not do well when they play the Bison. I think the Defense will want to prove that the Nicholl's game was not their best play. We have a Roehl (pronounced roll) and he has the Offense doing things we have not seen in the past. Going to be a good one but NDSU will outlast the Robinson team, ops ISU team.

Redbird 4th & short
December 10th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Well no new southern speed this week; just a mvfc pound the rock game. Can ndsu d-line stop the run and the o-line stop the stupid penalties? If so should produce similar result as earlier this year if not could be a close one. I would expect with all the running in this game it could set a record for shortest game without a triple option team playing.
For the record .... we've got some "southern speed" and we "hit the weight room hard" .... will this help or no ????

xconfusedxxsmiley_wix

Bisonator
December 10th, 2019, 01:06 PM
For the record .... we've got some "southern speed" and we "hit the weight room hard" .... will this help or no ????

xconfusedxxsmiley_wix
Still waiting for the geographic smack........come on I know it's coming.xcoffeex

uni88
December 10th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Oh goodness, we are so hapless, ISU has hope, ISU has nothing to lose, and they have a Robinson. NDSU is so over matched and clueless with their Redshirt Freshman and 1st year head coach....(pinches self)....Goodness what a nightmare.
Going to be a close game but one dimensional teams usually do not do well when they play the Bison. I think the Defense will want to prove that the Nicholl's game was not their best play. We have a Roehl (pronounced roll) and he has the Offense doing things we have not seen in the past. Going to be a good one but NDSU will outlast the Robinson team, ops ISU team.

Where did he type that NDSU was hapless, overmatched or clueless? No need to invent reasons to feel insulted.

Lorne_Malvo
December 10th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Still waiting for the geographic smack........come on I know it's coming.xcoffeex

Any the fat/gravy smack. So expected.

Professor
December 10th, 2019, 01:38 PM
Bison by 24

Redbird 4th & short
December 10th, 2019, 01:50 PM
Where did he type that NDSU was hapless, overmatched or clueless? No need to invent reasons to feel insulted.
Basic case of "post" traumatic stress syndrome ... so many "posts" predicting our doom.

P.s. see what I did there ? :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Bison by 24

If the Rebirds RFR QB gets rattled with the crowd noise, 24 point spread could happen.

Redbird 4th & short
December 10th, 2019, 04:06 PM
If the Rebirds RFR QB gets rattled with the crowd noise, 24 point spread could happen.
definitely a concern .. but he and we got off to terrible start against UCA and recovered well .. here is sequence at start of UCA.

1. ISUr wins toss and defers
2. ISUr kicker slips on that awful painted surface as he kicks off, perfect accidental onside kick to 50 yd line
3. UCA covers it and starts at 50, we get a pick on 3rd and long at our 7 .. deep ball amounted to nice punt by UCA
4. 1st ISUr play, RS FR Jefferson drops back to pass ??? Gets hit and fumbles ... but UCA was offsides, so no fumble .. 1st and 5
5. 2nd or 3rd ISUr play, RS FR Jefferson takes snap, drops it and picks it up, but hands off late to Robinson, for no gain

Redbird Nation gets that collective sinking feeling, but QB Jefferson recovers just fine after that. No issues rest of game. That took some doing to settle himself down after what we saw in MoST and YSU games. Him and the whole offense ... that was a nice challenge to overcome for him and our offense.

But .... UCA is not NDSU. So we'll see ....

Redbird 4th & short
December 10th, 2019, 04:18 PM

Here's a picture of what we do to opposing QBs .. I think this is 325 lb NG John Ridgeway finishing off a recent sack ... but as you can see, he made it very hard to tell who his victim was at this point. Needless to say, this QB didn't finish the game .. not sure his family could even identify him after the game.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0YzsWVUO-_o/maxresdefault.jpg
(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjp1bmujazmAhWB9Z4KHTjJAN4QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0Y zsWVUO-_o&psig=AOvVaw2M7TRdu3YrzZmeeMQAs_d_&ust=1576102109423356)

Redbird 4th & short
December 10th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Any the fat/gravy smack. So expected.

????

https://i.gifer.com/8en.gif
(https://gifer.com/en/8en)

Redbird 4th & short
December 10th, 2019, 04:59 PM

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.cakMXXSsm7cyFveX8N5OtgHaEB
(http://tangnearmacons.gq/782756-fargo-quotes-pancakes-house.htm)

you guys had it with my regional jokes yet ?????

POD Knows
December 10th, 2019, 05:39 PM
http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.cakMXXSsm7cyFveX8N5OtgHaEB
(http://tangnearmacons.gq/782756-fargo-quotes-pancakes-house.htm)

you guys had it with my regional jokes yet ?????Ya, you betcha there then. Are the ISUr fellas gonna wear the all whites there then?

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Wow. Fargo smack? Up your game fellas. xlolx

Redbird 4th & short
December 10th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Wow. Fargo smack? Up your game fellas. xlolx
First of all .. a great movie. But c'mon... you're all exactly like those characters, aren't you ?

Redbird 4th & short
December 10th, 2019, 09:14 PM
Ya, you betcha there then. Are the ISUr fellas gonna wear the all whites there then?
Yes ... and well bring our own chipper too !

dewey
December 10th, 2019, 09:46 PM

I bet most Bison fans could not have answered that questionxdrunkyx

Dewey

dewey
December 10th, 2019, 09:51 PM
Here is the current spread per 5dimes.

20.5 is a lot of points.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191211/149d29283b3825977d0bc631a53b7b17.jpg

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2019, 06:42 AM
20.5 points is a lot but so was the 1st game's spread also.

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2019, 06:51 AM
20.5 points is a lot but so was the 1st game's spread also.If Crosa decides to not break the rules and/or Cardinal hits those FGs, they would have covered the spread. I expect a 31-13 type of game.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2019, 06:53 AM
Here is the current spread per 5dimes.

20.5 is a lot of points.

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191211/149d29283b3825977d0bc631a53b7b17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
It was NDSU -23 on Monday evening so it appears that bettors agree with you and are putting money on the Redbirds.

Normally I'm pretty cautiously optimistic in the playoffs but I'd probably take NDSU at anything under -20. I just think a one dimensional offense isn't going to cut it no matter how good the RB is. Despite NDSU's run defense being just above average in terms of yards per game allowed over the latter part of the season they still haven't allowed points to be scored.

IMO it's going to take a herculean effort by Illinois St's defense to keep them close enough to the point that their offensive game plan can stick into the 4th quarter.

POD Knows
December 11th, 2019, 07:03 AM
I bet most Bison fans could not have answered that questionxdrunkyx

Dewey
I got it right.

Mfergy4
December 11th, 2019, 08:17 AM
Basic case of "post" traumatic stress syndrome ... so many "posts" predicting our doom.

P.s. see what I did there ? :D

xnodxxnodx

Mfergy4
December 11th, 2019, 08:31 AM
First of all .. a great movie. But c'mon... you're all exactly like those characters, aren't you ?

Yeah..but Game Day loves us!!

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2019, 08:37 AM
Good lord... fix that disaster of a URL tag in your post man.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2019, 08:38 AM
WTF dude? That links a little excessive!xlolx

Herdistheword
December 11th, 2019, 08:50 AM
This thread just had an aneurysm.

Bison56
December 11th, 2019, 09:11 AM
Cool story, but I disagreexthumbsupx

Doooks
December 11th, 2019, 09:28 AM
Must have used: https://longurlmaker.com/

Catbooster
December 11th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Too long, Didn't read xeyebrowx

Also, paragraphs are your friend.

xcoffeex

xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2019, 09:39 AM
Just trying to post to get to the next page... sorry to all you 40 posts per page peeps.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2019, 09:40 AM
There... that's better. Nobody better delete any damn posts now! (at least not before someone else posts again)

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Ok.

No_Skill
December 11th, 2019, 07:37 PM
...must...resist...urge...to quote...giant post...

dewey
December 11th, 2019, 08:25 PM

LOL! We could break the all time posts record for a thread by just quoting that post:D

Dewey

Hammerhead
December 11th, 2019, 09:04 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/14e5ZrSFPJlKGk/giphy.gif

CopperCat
December 11th, 2019, 10:44 PM
I think my computer has cancer after trying to scroll through that thing.

BisonBacker
December 12th, 2019, 05:16 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l3vRan2JL1qSqNtlu/giphy.gif

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2019, 06:25 AM
Any guesses on how many carries Robinson has in this game?

IMO, if he has over 30 the Bison could be in trouble. No way he gets to his 40/game like the last 2 games. I think he'll get a little over 100 yards but the Redbirds will need a decent passing game to win this one.

I'll say 25 carries.

POD Knows
December 12th, 2019, 08:01 AM

IMO, if he has over 30 the Bison could be in trouble. No way he gets to his 40/game like the last 2 games. I think he'll get a little over 100 yards but the Redbirds will need a decent passing game to win this one.

I'll say 25 carries.So ISUr is only going to run 32 offensive plays? I could live with that. xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2019, 08:34 AM

I'll say 25 carries.
That's a great question. Depends on the Bison coach's defensive game plan I guess. Seems like they've been pretty conservative when it comes to run blitzes this year so maybe they're content with letting ISUr get a first down or 3 on the back of Robinson each drive because they don't think they'll be able to sustain it all the way down the field.

Personally I'd rather see them be aggressive and dare Jefferson to throw it. Robinson can wear a defense down just as much as he'll get worn down with all those carries.... and the Bison defense has had lapses in tackling from time to time this year so they'll need more than one guy getting to Robinson if they want to bring him down consistently. Of course the downside to that agressiveness is if ISUr gets a few plays blocked up really well there may only be one tackler to stop Robinson from a monster gain which is not a good situation for NDSU to find themselves in.

POD Knows
December 12th, 2019, 08:42 AM
If the Bison get up by two scores early, this game is over, ISUr is not built to come from behind. Bison need to win the toss, take the ball, score on the first possession and go from there and leave the freaking FG kickers on the sidelines.

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2019, 08:54 AM
If the Bison get up by two scores early, this game is over, ISUr is not built to come from behind. Bison need to win the toss, take the ball, score on the first possession and go from there and leave the freaking FG kickers on the sidelines.
They need to avoid those yellow hankies if they want to keep the FG kickers on the sideline. Take out that YSU game where they only had 1 penalty for 5 yards and they've averaged 9 penalties for 82 yards since the Missouri St game (which is over the course of 6 games now).

With a CAA crew on tap for this game I'm not getting my hopes up that this trend will be reversed.

semobison
December 12th, 2019, 09:33 AM

Yep, in their 10 wins this year the Redbirds only trailed twice and only once in the 2nd half against SDSU. In that game the Jacks 4th qtr turnovers basicly handed the game to ISUr.
On the other hand, in their 4 losses the Redbirds never had the lead...ever!

X-Factor
December 12th, 2019, 09:52 AM

I'll say 25 carries.

I get what your saying, but 40 carries has produced a team output of 24 points the past two weeks against marginal competition, which is highly unlikely to be enough points against NDSU even if they got there. So I don’t necessarily think the Bison have a concern about the final # of carries. It’s more about turnovers. ISU isn’t going to start completing a bunch of forward passes this week, they are going against the best pass defense in FCS.

ISU is a tired team after multiple road games in a row, no bye week over thanksgiving, and Robinson carrying the ball way too many times to remain healthy. I just hope everyone from both teams remains injury free

Mfergy4
December 12th, 2019, 10:11 AM
Good lord... fix that disaster of a URL tag in your post man.

Editing has been blocked by the Administrator and I can't fix it. Sorry about that folks!

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2019, 11:30 AM
Here's another perspective on how this game may play out. If you're the stache you gotta know that, as good as James Robinson is, you're not going to be able to beat NDSU solely on his back. NDSU is not SEMO or UCA. If you know you're going to have to throw the ball a bit to win why not come right out of the gate and let Jefferson sling it around? Everyone else in the place is going to be expecting them to feed Robinson... if Jefferson is going to have any success throwing the ball it's probably early when they know the threat of the run will still be legit.

Of course this is also a good strategy to get ran out of the place SHSU style but... why not? Play to win instead of playing to keep it close. What have they got to lose?

NEBison
December 12th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Here's another perspective on how this game may play out. If you're the stache you gotta know that, as good as James Robinson is, you're not going to be able to beat NDSU solely on his back. NDSU is not SEMO or UCA. If you know you're going to have to throw the ball a bit to win why not come right out of the gate and let Jefferson sling it around? Everyone else in the place is going to be expecting them to feed Robinson... if Jefferson is going to have any success throwing the ball it's probably early when they know the threat of the run will still be legit.

Of course this is also a good strategy to get ran out of the place SHSU style but... why not? Play to win instead of playing to keep it close. What have they got to lose?

Me and my dad were talking about the game over the weekend and this is how we are thinking it will go. ISUR is going to have to play from ahead to win this game so I wouldn't be surprised if they come out throwing.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 12th, 2019, 11:59 AM
Yeah..but Game Day loves us!!

I do not have your edit function turned off so not sure what happened there. But, going forward, use that "preview post" option to see what you are gonna have first if using pictures.

DUKESALLDAY
December 12th, 2019, 12:24 PM
They need to avoid those yellow hankies if they want to keep the FG kickers on the sideline. Take out that YSU game where they only had 1 penalty for 5 yards and they've averaged 9 penalties for 82 yards since the Missouri St game (which is over the course of 6 games now).

With a CAA crew on tap for this game I'm not getting my hopes up that this trend will be reversed.

The refs unfortunately may have a big impact. They’ve missed some calls even after the review too. Will lean in the ISUr favor but both teams will likely get a few bad ones.

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2019, 12:30 PM
The refs unfortunately may have a big impact. They’ve missed some calls even after the review too. Will lean in the ISUr favor but both teams will likely get a few bad ones.
As long as they aren't as bad as the horrible CAA crew that did the NDSU/SDSU playoff game in 2014. I'll never forget that game was officiated by a CAA crew and I've been terrified of them doing other NDSU playoffs games since then. I know we've had CAA crews do NDSU games since then and it hasn't been that bad so hopefully that's the case on Saturday also.

I say it every time NDSU plays an MVFC team in the playoffs but I don't know why the NCAA can't assign an MVFC crew to this game. Both schools are from that conference so there shouldn't be any bias and the players, coaches, and officials are all already familiar with each other then so it should lead to a smoother game. Same goes for a Big Sky crew doing the Montana/Weber St game... it just makes too much sense for the NCAA to consider it I guess.

uni88
December 12th, 2019, 12:30 PM
I do not have your edit function turned off so not sure what happened there. But, going forward, use that "preview post" option to see what you are gonna have first if using pictures.

That is especially good advice when attempting to post an image.

Bisonator
December 12th, 2019, 12:38 PM

Me and my dad were talking about the game over the weekend and this is how we are thinking it will go. ISUR is going to have to play from ahead to win this game so I wouldn't be surprised if they come out throwing.
Oh no you don't. I get credit for sayin it first. See post #58!:D

Mfergy4
December 12th, 2019, 12:50 PM

Much appreciated!! Lesson learned.

Mfergy4
December 12th, 2019, 12:54 PM
As long as they aren't as bad as the horrible CAA crew that did the NDSU/SDSU playoff game in 2014. I'll never forget that game was officiated by a CAA crew and I've been terrified of them doing other NDSU playoffs games since then. I know we've had CAA crews do NDSU games since then and it hasn't been that bad so hopefully that's the case on Saturday also.

I say it every time NDSU plays an MVFC team in the playoffs but I don't know why the NCAA can't assign an MVFC crew to this game. Both schools are from that conference so there shouldn't be any bias and the players, coaches, and officials are all already familiar with each other then so it should lead to a smoother game. Same goes for a Big Sky crew doing the Montana/Weber St game... it just makes too much sense for the NCAA to consider it I guess.

Good points. It would also lower the travel cost for the officiating crew.

Derby City Duke
December 12th, 2019, 04:07 PM

I apologize in advance.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2019, 07:14 PM

This here.

Crosa has a weak leg and is inconsistent....if he plays. The walk on didn't do too well either last week.

Unless it is a chip shot, go for it.

Bisonoline
December 12th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Editing has been blocked by the Administrator and I can't fix it. Sorry about that folks!

Just delete it.

Redbird 4th & short
December 13th, 2019, 09:02 AM
We had CAA crew for SEMO game and they were bad .. screwed badly on a couple obvious calls. The reversal of our forced fumble returned for TD .. no way to justify reversing that call. There were others too ... several non Redbird fans on AGS noted it as well.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2019, 09:14 AM
We had CAA crew for SEMO game and they were bad .. screwed badly on a couple obvious calls. The reversal of our forced fumble returned for TD .. no way to justify reversing that call. There were others too ... several non Redbird fans on AGS noted it as well.
I remember that call. However, after a while it was pointed out in the box score that they actually ruled it as an incomplete pass... as in he caught the ball but didn't make a "football move" before losing control of it (couldn't tell on the broadcast since the white hat's mic wasn't working at that point). Still a bad judgement by the replay official IMO but it wasn't as egregiously awful as if they had claimed that he caught it and was down before losing control of the ball.

Redbird 4th & short
December 13th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Yes except he did secure catch and turn up field before our guy stripped it. Sure seemed like a catch and strip. But to reverse it like it was obvious.. no way.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2019, 09:27 AM
Yes except he did secure catch and turn up field before our guy stripped it. Sure seemed like a catch and strip. But to reverse it like it was obvious.. no way.
Agreed, especially when that's as much of a judgement call as anything. So many have complained about the NFL making PI reviewable but this is basically the same thing. They should've just let the call on the field stand since it certainly wasn't indisputable.

Redbird 4th & short
December 13th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Agreed, especially when that's as much of a judgement call as anything. So many have complained about the NFL making PI reviewable but this is basically the same thing. They should've just let the call on the field stand since it certainly wasn't indisputable.
Another thing was how long they took ... made it seem all the more suspect like they were trying way too hard to reverse it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2019, 10:18 AM
So will this CAA crew let them play or call a bunch of ticky tack holding calls?

Let them play!

Mfergy4
December 13th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Nothing was as bad as that targeting call against Nicholl's. Not called on the field, long replay left fans wondering WTF because no body knew what was happening. Then out of the blue the Targeting call. I was at the game and had to wait to watch the replay at home...horrendous call.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2019, 12:02 PM
Nothing was as bad as that targeting call against Nicholl's. Not called on the field, long replay left fans wondering WTF because no body knew what was happening. Then out of the blue the Targeting call. I was at the game and had to wait to watch the replay at home...horrendous call.
Also true. I believe that was a rule change either this year or last year where the replay official could buzz down to review a targeting call that wasn't even called on the field.

Just an awful misapplication of the intent of the rule to kick out the Nicholls player in a win-or-go-home game. I was stunned that they overturned the targeting call on Cox later in the game. I don't think I've even been more shocked at a replay decision since EWU in 2010.

Lorne_Malvo
December 13th, 2019, 12:21 PM

It was a terrible call. I think 100% of NDSU fans will agree.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2019, 09:06 PM
NDSU ran for 293 yards in the 1st game. Can they do that again or better tomorrow? NDSU held ISU to 200 total yards in the 1st game....repeat tomorrow?

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2019, 09:38 PM
It was a terrible call. I think 100% of NDSU fans will agree.No one knew what was happening. The fact that they wont show replays in the stadium is annoying.

Redbird 4th & short
December 13th, 2019, 10:13 PM
NDSU ran for 293 yards in the 1st game. Can they do that again or better tomorrow? NDSU held ISU to 200 total yards in the 1st game....repeat tomorrow?
No ?xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2019, 10:31 PM
No one knew what was happening. The fact that they wont show replays in the stadium is annoying.

The guy who runs (or maybe used to run) the Fargodome replay board posted on Bisonville that the NCAA only allows one replay per play even if a play goes under review. So they'll have 5-10 seconds to decide which camera angle to run the replay of and that's it. Apparently it's to avoid home team bias which I think is pretty ridiculous. Chalk it up to another dumb NCAA rule.

Bisonoline
December 13th, 2019, 11:44 PM
The guy who runs (or maybe used to run) the Fargodome replay board posted on Bisonville that the NCAA only allows one replay per play even if a play goes under review. So they'll have 5-10 seconds to decide which camera angle to run the replay of and that's it. Apparently it's to avoid home team bias which I think is pretty ridiculous. Chalk it up to another dumb NCAA rule.

Its asinine. I hate the ncaa.

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2019, 03:40 AM

That's idiotic and typical of the NCAA. What happened to getting the call right?

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2019, 04:42 AM
That's idiotic and typical of the NCAA. What happened to getting the call right?
The replay official can watch as many angles as many times as he wants I'm sure. Even on the TV broadcasts they'll show multiple angles multiple times. This dumb rule is only for in stadium replays on the big board... so everyone except for those of us in the stands and the sidelines gets to see multiple replays during reviews.

http://www.bubbleblabber.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/dumdum.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2019, 05:16 AM
I'm expecting the Redbird defense to do a lot of run blitzing to try and stop the Bison running game. And I expect some safety help for the Bison in the running game.

I just don't see ISU winning this one. Unless their QB has been hiding his arm talent, the Bison pull away in the 2nd half.

Bison 31-10

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2019, 05:34 AM
Some lovely tailgating weather...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191214/a57a24ea83fd46f787b07f88a67afe8f.jpg

Redbird 4th & short
December 14th, 2019, 05:51 AM
The replay official can watch as many angles as many times as he wants I'm sure. Even on the TV broadcasts they'll show multiple angles multiple times. This dumb rule is only for in stadium replays on the big board... so everyone except for those of us in the stands and the sidelines gets to see multiple replays during reviews.

http://www.bubbleblabber.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/dumdum.jpg

I think the rule makes some sense .. imagine what a home team could do to bias the home crowd by repeatedly showing a play in their favor but not doing same for road team. I'm ok with a limitation .. 2 angles would be nice for crowd but they must do same for home and road team.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2019, 06:36 AM
Rumor has it that the Living Legend is contemplating letting a lower member of Wings take the stage today for a tryout..... but in the end Paul will steal the show again.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2019, 06:52 AM
I think the rule makes some sense .. imagine what a home team could do to bias the home crowd by repeatedly showing a play in their favor but not doing same for road team. I'm ok with a limitation .. 2 angles would be nice for crowd but they must do same for home and road team.
Well, I'd hate to break it to the NCAA but the home crowd is going to be biased regardless. Believe it or not actually showing replays might save the stripes from some boos if replay clearly shows the home team should not get the call. Besides, if officials are that affected by booing/cheering crowds they shouldn't be doing games at this level. This is just another silly rule to try to reinforce the myth that these playoff games are "neutral".

Redbird 4th & short
December 14th, 2019, 07:09 AM
Well, I'd hate to break it to the NCAA but the home crowd is going to be biased regardless. Believe it or not actually showing replays might save the stripes from some boos if replay clearly shows the home team should not get the call. Besides, if officials are that affected by booing/cheering crowds they shouldn't be doing games at this level. This is just another silly rule to try to reinforce the myth that these playoff games are "neutral".
Agreed .. but I just think they should be required to show same # for both teams.

TheKingpin28
December 14th, 2019, 07:18 AM
The guy who runs (or maybe used to run) the Fargodome replay board posted on Bisonville that the NCAA only allows one replay per play even if a play goes under review. So they'll have 5-10 seconds to decide which camera angle to run the replay of and that's it. Apparently it's to avoid home team bias which I think is pretty ridiculous. Chalk it up to another dumb NCAA rule.That's really pathetic. Are they afraid that the refs will get incessantly chastised for horrible calls. If they do not want that, maybe they should make the right call on the field. If I preformed as pathetic as some of these refs at my job, my boss would have shown my ass to the door a long time ago.

No_Skill
December 14th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Big sun dogs today. Cold outside.

Redbird 4th & short
December 14th, 2019, 10:03 AM
I'm expecting the Redbird defense to do a lot of run blitzing to try and stop the Bison running game. And I expect some safety help for the Bison in the running game.

I just don't see ISU winning this one. Unless their QB has been hiding his arm talent, the Bison pull away in the 2nd half.

Bison 31-10
Last game we got hurt by a few big plays early so I'm thinking we come out conservative early and get a feel for game. Then start applying more pressure as we find our groove.

Offensively, not sure what to expect given QB situation .. but I would not be surprised if we threw a little more earlier in game .. not a lot but enough to give Robinson a little more space and save him some.

Herdistheword
December 14th, 2019, 10:10 AM

This is my new excuse for not making it to the game in person. Why go to the game in person and be deprived of my sweet sweet multi-angle replays. I’m just not getting the full experience in the dome anymore.../s

Bisonator
December 14th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Here we go boys.

Bison - 31
Robinsons - 13

Daytripper
December 14th, 2019, 11:27 AM
It should be 4th and 5 Redbirds.

DUKESALLDAY
December 14th, 2019, 11:30 AM
O-line giving lance all day to throw.

centennial
December 14th, 2019, 11:32 AM
What's going on?

REALBird
December 14th, 2019, 11:33 AM
It should be 4th and 5 Redbirds.

I thought the same. The illegal shift should have negated the play.

Daytripper
End of 1st 0-0. I think we have a game. Redbirds defense came to play.

POD Knows
Might need to throw the ball to run the ball.

Daytripper
December 14th, 2019, 11:34 AM
I thought the same. The illegal shift should have negated the play.

It wasn't even an illegal shift. It was illegal procedure. The RB moved early so it should have been an automatic play stoppage.

Herdistheword
December 14th, 2019, 11:35 AM
Playaction has been wide open. Two obvious runs followed by a 3rd and long pass has not been open. Trey needs to unload that ball to Watson. He was too worried about overthrowing it that he baby-armed it...

Thunderstruck
December 14th, 2019, 11:37 AM
Lance has missed 2 tds up the right sideline. He throws to lead and Bison up 14

Daytripper
December 14th, 2019, 11:37 AM
I haven't watched a lot of Bison games this year, but their offense seems very conservative. Has it been that way all year?

Herdistheword
December 14th, 2019, 11:38 AM
I haven't watched a lot of Bison games this year, but their offense seems very conservative. Has it been that way all year?

We typically start conservative and then open it up if need be.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 11:39 AM
No

semobison
December 14th, 2019, 11:39 AM

Its been that way for a decade. And it works well!

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 11:40 AM
“Field goals won’t beat you”. Says every Bison coach I the last 10 years

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Its been that way for a decade. And it works well!
We have been a little more aggressive on offense this year but yea, pretty vanilla a lot of the time

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 11:45 AM
The ball isn’t coming out of Lances hand very good

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 11:47 AM
Another useless field goal.

REALBird
December 14th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Would love to see ISU go deep in the playbook with a flea flicker or something. We need to try something different.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Would love to see ISU go deep in the playbook with a flea flicker or something. We need to try something different.
Your run d is playing lights out so far.

major095
December 14th, 2019, 11:54 AM
if isu is afraid to throw the ball they have absolutely not shot at even staying close ultimately.

REALBird
December 14th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Your run d is playing lights out so far.
Sadly on the deep pass by Lance I called it. At some point they’re going to trust his accuracy against our DB’s. So far he’s winning that battle. Wouldn’t be surprised to see more passes on 1st and 2nd from NDSU.

DUKESALLDAY
December 14th, 2019, 11:58 AM
Well that was embarrassing. Should have been a tackle for loss easy.

REALBird
December 14th, 2019, 12:04 PM

that may be enough today. FG’s

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2019, 12:05 PM
“Field goals won’t beat you”. Says every Bison coach I the last 10 years

what about a fake one....

REALBird

that might be more than enough today.

Daytripper
You've already kicked two field goals. It shouldn't be a question here. Make it a two possession game.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Those are good for rubbing salt in the wounds and they are POD Knows approved.

Bison56
December 14th, 2019, 12:09 PM

Only do that with a huge lead in the 4Q.xthumbsupx

Daytripper
December 14th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Wow. Refs are letting them play, for sure. That was a totally missed call.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Looked like a PI to me but I have a bad angle

Bison56
December 14th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Ray charles must be the line judge.

deez_na
Huge missed PI on that

FUBeAR
SoCon Officials again?

NDSU is going to have to add that mugging by the ISUr DB to their University Criminal Statistics Report

DUKESALLDAY
Wow. Refs are letting them play, for sure. That was a totally missed call.

Yeah he was all over him. CAA officiating crew.

Sader87
ESPN: "...highlights from last night's 3 other FSC games." xdrunkyx

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2019, 12:13 PM
Yeah he was all over him. CAA officiating crew.

yea he looked like a horny teen grouping but the ball was 6 feet over his head

Herdistheword
December 14th, 2019, 12:13 PM
Is there PI in the CAA? Asking for a friend...

REALBird
December 14th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Robinson 11 carries 50 yards. I guess he will see his other 29 carries in the second half.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Was it ruled uncatchable because thAt is the only possible explanation for the no call

Redbird 4th & short
December 14th, 2019, 12:23 PM
NG Ridgeway going down could really hurt us as game wears on.

Herdistheword
December 14th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Was it ruled uncatchable because thAt is the only possible explanation for the no call

that ball was more than catchable. Watson wasn’t even able to leave the ground. It was a terrible call. Without the DPI, that is likely a TD.

Herdistheword
December 14th, 2019, 12:28 PM

Watch the replay again. It was very catchable if the wide receiver is allowed to extend for it. It was a lot closer than you think.

Schism55
December 14th, 2019, 12:29 PM
NG Ridgeway going down could really hurt us as game wears on.
Hope it is not serious. He is a beast

Prime Power
December 14th, 2019, 12:32 PM
Entz is giving the white hat an earful right now....

Drblankstare
December 14th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Look if your 1st and goal, run twice straight into everyone on the field and then throw a fade, you don’t deserve a pass interference call. The Bison offensive game plan is without any imagination.

REALBird
December 14th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Watch the replay again. It was very catchable if the wide receiver is allowed to extend for it. It was a lot closer than you think.

Agreed, PI should have been called.

Sader87
December 14th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Dear God this game is dull....that missed call might have livened things

Bison56
December 14th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Not sure why no runs are going to the outside, everything right up the middle.

Catsfan90
December 14th, 2019, 12:44 PM
That was an awful missed call, I can't believe that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bison56
December 14th, 2019, 12:44 PM

Surprised you are watching since you think the playoffs are dumb.

semobison
December 14th, 2019, 12:45 PM

Welcome to Missouri Valley Football, where teams are physical and actually play defense!

Bison56
Refs are garbage again.

Bisonator
That was an awful missed call, I can't believe that.

Agreed, officials should not have blown that play dead as it was clearly a lateral and live ball.

Sader87
Surprised you are watching since you think the playoffs are dumb.

Only show in town until Army-Navy

mvfcfan
December 14th, 2019, 12:47 PM
What's up with NDSU not selling out anymore?

Catsfan90
December 14th, 2019, 12:47 PM
It sucks but it happens. Something may go against the bison that's egregious later.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2019, 12:49 PM
Only show in town until Army-Navy
Don't you have a Holy Cross tiddly winks match to go to or something?

- - - Updated - - -

It sucks but it happens. Something may go against the bison that's egregious later.

Maybe like a couple PI no calls? :D

Bisonator
December 14th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Lance making some Freshman mistakes. Credit the Redbirds defense though.

NOLA
December 14th, 2019, 12:52 PM
In a game like this, calls like that determine the outcome. That’s an easy touchdown taken off the board for Illinois State.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Agreed, officials should not have blown that play dead as it was clearly a lateral and live ball.

Agree

dewey
December 14th, 2019, 12:53 PM
Big mistake not catching the punt.

Dewey

SUPharmacist
December 14th, 2019, 12:53 PM
What's up with NDSU not selling out anymore?

It makes me sad. I know it is a national trend with attendance, but in the midst of record win streak and in the playoffs is just disappointing. That said, I am sitting at home when I only live like 3 hours away, so I am not here to judge. Hopefully it will improve if they make the semis.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2019, 12:54 PM
Bust one Robinson

NOLA
December 14th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Can they really not pass the ball? This is crazy.

Bisonator
Holy **** they completed a pass!

mvfcfan
It makes me sad. I know it is a national trend with attendance, but in the midst of record win streak and in the playoffs is just disappointing. That said, I am sitting at home when I only live like 3 hours away, so I am not here to judge. Hopefully it will improve if they make the semis.

I am listening on the radio stream, and it sounds loud still, but I was surprised when they said it wasn't a full attendance. I thought NDSU pretty much always sold out in the playoffs.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2019, 12:57 PM
****ing defense over pursues....xsmhx

JMUNJ08
December 14th, 2019, 12:58 PM
A rock fight just like last nights games.

If ISUr can get some points on the board, will make this interesting...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 14th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Run the ball to set up the FG? You're not beating the Bison in the Dome doing that. Grow some balls and at least pass on 3rd down....

jadmt
December 14th, 2019, 01:01 PM
I bet MSU is loving this. Not really impressed so far. I figured it would be in the bag by this point.

Thunderstruck
11 am game time, players aren’t into it, crowd isn’t into it. Starting to see more sections of seats empty

REALBird
Run the ball to set up the FG? You're not beating the Bison in the Dome doing that. Grow some balls and at least pass on 3rd down....
DEF has been playing well. Take the 3 points. Not likely to end up this way, but I think most ISUr fans would take a 10-9 W in the Fargo Dome.

Herdistheword
ISUr is a one trick pony and we can’t figure it out?

Also, for the love of baby Jesus, please stop running up the middle into an 8-9 man front.

BisonFan02
Still waiting for this Bison team to find its playoff gear. I don't see it happening.

mvfcfan
December 14th, 2019, 01:02 PM

To br fair they would have probably thrown a pick. Illinois State needs to run some wildcat and couple of trick plays in the 4th.

semobison
December 14th, 2019, 01:02 PM
A rock fight just like last nights games.

If ISUr can get some points on the board, will make this interesting...

Yep, teams like UNI and ISUr try to drag you into the mud!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 14th, 2019, 01:03 PM
DEF has been playing well. Take the 3 points. Not likely to end up this way, but I think most ISUr fans would take a 10-9 W in the Fargo Dome.

I don't see the Bison going scoreless the rest of the game. Even a FG now basically ends it.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 01:03 PM
In a game like this, calls like that determine the outcome. That’s an easy touchdown taken off the board for Illinois State.
We probably had a TD taken away on the no call PI.

REALBird
December 14th, 2019, 01:05 PM
To br fair they would have probably thrown a pick. Illinois State needs to run some wildcat and couple of trick plays in the 4th.

I said that earlier. NDSU is over pursuing on every run play. I would like to see a flea flicker or reverse or something. Play calling too vanilla.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Conference game where both teams know each other. Both teams playing well defensively. Offenses are way too conservative. Roehl needs to run Lance more if he isn't going to throw it.

REALBird
December 14th, 2019, 01:08 PM
I don't see the Bison going scoreless the rest of the game. Even a FG now basically ends it.

I said not likely, but a guy can hope right? LOL

BisonFan02
December 14th, 2019, 01:10 PM
I said not likely, but a guy can hope right? LOL

The Bison sure don't seem too interested in putting the ball in the endzone though.

JMUNJ08
December 14th, 2019, 01:11 PM
That was a big 1st down. Feel this could be one of those patented 8 min drives by NDSU to basically ice the game. ISUr needs a TO or special trick play to win this.

15 min to go...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 14th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Wow, he was freaking out pretty bad.....

Didn't see anything too bad on the hit that would have caused any real injury....

Bisonator
December 14th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Think they were popping his shoulder back in....

POD Knows
December 14th, 2019, 01:17 PM
What the hell is wrong with Lance. He literally cannot throw a spiral.