PDA

View Full Version : Northern Iowa @ James Madison

Pages : [1] 2 3

Derby City Duke
December 7th, 2019, 07:30 PM
Northern Iowa comes to Harrisonburg fresh off their hard-fought win over the Jackrabbits of South Dakota State.

JMU advanced to the quarterfinals with a 66-21 pasting of Monmouth.

This will be the first meeting between the two schools.

Date/time TBA

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2019, 07:37 PM
UNI has a good defense. As for their offense, UNI has a good defense

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2019, 07:45 PM

I saw a few of Northern Iowa's games, to me the best offense they have is the Defensive Backfield, they good

QB was gutzy in win over the Bunnies today.....

they are not going to be able to score enough points to keep up with JMU.....

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 07:48 PM
they are not going to be able to score enough points to keep up with JMU.....

I wouldn't be surprised if they got shut out by JMU.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2019, 08:06 PM
I have a hard time seeing the Panthers having the offense to keep up with JMU. UNI's freshman QB Will McElvain will need to play a fantastic game for them to have a chance because UNI really struggles to run the ball and JMU has the best run defense in the country. UNI just does not match up well with JMU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2019, 08:17 PM
JMU is going to roll UNI.

UNI will be lucky to score 10 points.

clenz
December 7th, 2019, 08:28 PM
JMU is going to roll UNI.

UNI will be lucky to score 10 points.You were convinced SDSU would roll uni too.

Honestly, at this point? Who gives a ****. UNI finally made it back to the quarters. Things are looking way the **** up with the almost the entire playing roster being freshman and sophomores.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
December 7th, 2019, 08:35 PM
You were convinced SDSU would roll uni too.

Honestly, at this point? Who gives a ****. UNI finally made it back to the quarters. Things are looking way the **** up with the almost the entire playing roster being freshman and sophomores.

So you’re saying we lost to a bunch of freshman and sophomores? Oh that just makes me feel even better about today....

clenz
December 7th, 2019, 08:40 PM
So you’re saying we lost to a bunch of freshman and sophomores? Oh that just makes me feel even better about today....I'd have the check the participant log but there weren't many seniors. Maybe 6? I know of at least 4 or 5 freshman that played.

Most were sophomores and some juniors.

knit35
December 7th, 2019, 08:42 PM
Congrats to UNI. Excited to have UNI at Bridgeforth next week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2019, 08:46 PM

So what. I'm really broken up that I missed that prediction....xlolx

UNI will get rolled by this JMU team.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 08:50 PM
JMU rolls UNI bad, zero freaking chance for UNI in this game, JMU 49 UNI 3 #BOOKIT. ****, who am I kidding, there isn't enough #BOOKIT karma in the world to save UNI in this one #BOOKIT

uni88
December 7th, 2019, 09:04 PM

You can count on BFNWMn to be pessimistic about UNI and optimistic about YSU. It's part of his schtick.

And you're right, UNI is playing with house money at this point. I'm just enjoying the ride!

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 09:06 PM
You can count on BFNWMn to be pessimistic about UNI and optimistic about YSU. It's part of his schtick.

And you're right, UNI is playing with house money at this point. I'm just enjoying the ride!Hey, you owe me a beer, I put so much #BOOKIT karma on SDSU that NDSU almost choked a game away today.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2019, 09:09 PM

And you're right, UNI is playing with house money at this point. I'm just enjoying the ride!

You clowns think that is some type of "schtick" ??

xlolx

Ya, go with that...xlolx

clenz
December 7th, 2019, 09:14 PM
You clowns think that is some type of "schtick" ??

xlolx

Ya, go with that...xlolxGo spent 9 more months hyping up how next year is finally totally gonna be the year for YSU.

Chalupa Batman
December 7th, 2019, 09:15 PM
The UNI defense is going to give the Dukes some fits. Finding enough offense will be their challenge. I said it another thread that UNI won't ever back down from anybody, and neither will JMU, so I expect a very physical game.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

uni88
December 7th, 2019, 09:17 PM
Hey, you owe me a beer, I put so much #BOOKIT karma on SDSU that NDSU almost choked a game away today.

I owe you 2. From the UNI/SDSU game thread ...

I owe you 2 beverages of your choice if and when we meet.

Maybe in Eugene next season?

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 09:19 PM
I owe you 2. From the UNI/SDSU game thread ...Do you live in Oregon? **** yea!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Go spent 9 more months hyping up how next year is finally totally gonna be the year for YSU.

Hey it might be the year for them....

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2019, 09:33 PM

......DUH CLENZ WAY....TA SAY............WE GOIN' DOWN....IN HARRISONBURG......BRAWK!

clenz
December 7th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Hey it might be the year for them....Maybe. Eventually it was the Cubs year too. Say it enough times and eventually you aren't wrong.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2019, 09:44 PM
JMU 31 UNI 10 (defensive TD?)

I'm with clenz. If we lose we were supposed to, so whatever.

clenz
December 7th, 2019, 09:45 PM
......DUH CLENZ WAY....TA SAY............WE GOIN' DOWN....IN HARRISONBURG......BRAWK!I said coming into this year UNI was as likely to be a 3 win team as a 9 win team with almost nothing in between.

Here we are at 10-4
10-4 with more injuries/players out than I know where to start with
Selection committee looked at the team that finished second in the MVFC and said "don't care, get ****ed"
A team at 10-4 everyone every single week goes "they ****ing suck. No chance"

At this point, with what has been accomplished it's entirely house money. Everyone expects it to be a 40 point blow out. Vegas will almost certainly be -17 or worse.... Probably worse.

Expectations blow past
Doubt remained everywhere

**** it. Just go play and see what happens.

Chalupa Batman
December 7th, 2019, 09:47 PM
Maybe. Eventually it was the Cubs year too. Say it enough times and eventually you aren't wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkSame reason the rain dance always works. They keep dancing until it starts raining!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

uni88
December 7th, 2019, 09:49 PM
What's UNI's injury report looking like for next weekend? How is Weston? Status on Moore, McShane, Hoosman, Thomas and Kolarevic?

clenz
December 7th, 2019, 09:52 PM
What's UNI's injury report looking like for next weekend? How is Weston? Status on Moore, McShane, Hoosman, Thomas and Kolarevic?Thomas was dressed today.
Moore ran full warmups but in sweats.
I'm real worried Kolarevic popped his foot again, but haven't looked into anything said about it
McShane is dressed every week and it sounds like every week is the week he's ready but it hasn't happened

Weston walked to the locker room in the fourth and walked right in front of me. He looked real real real concussed.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2019, 10:05 PM
This obviously earns Farley some more time. :D

neverobeyed
December 7th, 2019, 10:09 PM
What's UNI's injury report looking like for next weekend? How is Weston? Status on Moore, McShane, Hoosman, Thomas and Kolarevic?

Thomas was dressed today.
Moore ran full warmups but in sweats.
I'm real worried Kolarevic popped his foot again, but haven't looked into anything said about it
McShane is dressed every week and it sounds like every week is the week he's ready but it hasn't happened

Weston walked to the locker room in the fourth and walked right in front of me. He looked real real real concussed.

Hoosman dressed today as well, participated in warmups, according to the postgame show.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 10:13 PM
Here we are at 10-4
10-4 with more injuries/players out than I know where to start with
Selection committee looked at the team that finished second in the MVFC and said "don't care, get ****ed"
A team at 10-4 everyone every single week goes "they ****ing suck. No chance"

At this point, with what has been accomplished it's entirely house money. Everyone expects it to be a 40 point blow out. Vegas will almost certainly be -17 or worse.... Probably worse.

Expectations blow past
Doubt remained everywhere

**** it. Just go play and see what happens.

ditto my ISUr !!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/ZXeI70W.gif
(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjenIHtl6XmAhVEWq0KHTDICYcQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2F7feLx&psig=AOvVaw1GGOlB3eLh4Ry8BZiuHbK5&ust=1575864760162500)
(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjW6e-jl6XmAhVEAqwKHZeVBJIQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgfycat.com%2Ftiredzanygrouse&psig=AOvVaw3DDacYVGkd-C2ALenvL_a_&ust=1575864603069747)

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 10:17 PM
I had UNI beating SDSU in a close one so the Panthers advancing didn't surprise me. UNI is a really good team but JMU is on another level. The Panthers will slow JMU down to some extent but they won't be able to do much on offense. Ultimately that will cause the D to leak points. Will the Duke fans come out in force for this one?

I'll go JMU 34-13

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2019, 10:26 PM
https://twitter.com/Madia_DNRSports/status/1203527734930132992

Schism55
December 7th, 2019, 10:27 PM
https://twitter.com/JMUFootball/status/1203527466452705281

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 10:50 PM
https://twitter.com/Madia_DNRSports/status/1203527734930132992Good, when JMU beats them by 50, that should help recruiting for NDSU.

Houndawg
December 8th, 2019, 07:26 AM

Dawgs and Cats both make noise next year

Daytripper
December 8th, 2019, 09:56 AM
JMU will score 45. The over/under for the game should be 45.

Dukie95
December 8th, 2019, 12:08 PM
JMU just beat a team with two Walter Payton finalists, so Dukes by 80.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2019, 03:54 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49190103467_09c9c97f35_o.jpg

On paper this is a huge mismatch offensively but the defenses are pretty comparable. A couple things that jump out to me are 3rd down offense for UNI and 3rd down defense for JMU. All signs are pointing to a really tough day on 3rd down for the UNI offense but they'll need to convert those at a good clip to have a shot. Redzone efficiency is similar, UNI will have to convert redzone opportunities into TDs which the numbers show they're going to have a hard time doing.

cx500d
December 8th, 2019, 04:38 PM
Uni is ****ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator
December 8th, 2019, 04:54 PM
UNI has absolutely no reason to win this game. So they will win this game.

Panther1
December 8th, 2019, 05:25 PM

Exactly. On paper, this is a 3 TD beatdown. Running up stats in the CAA is much different than running up stats in the MVFC, however.

Edit: This has the makings of a 2005 UNI @ UNH playoff matchup. If UNI had a bit more firepower on offense, they could have pulled off the upset. Going to be tough with half the skill position players sidelined though for UNI.

taper
December 8th, 2019, 05:25 PM

What will it take for you to change your avatar?

ming01
December 8th, 2019, 05:56 PM
JMU big.

clenz
December 8th, 2019, 06:47 PM
What will it take for you to change your avatar?You have a problem with it?

taper
December 8th, 2019, 07:50 PM
You have a problem with it?

No skin off my back. Just wondering when you'll support your school again.

neverobeyed
December 8th, 2019, 07:53 PM

That's never really worked for us in the past, though.

clenz
December 8th, 2019, 08:05 PM
No skin off my back. Just wondering when you'll support your school again.It's clear you have no idea why I have it to begin with

It's literally never had anything to do with support

Actually
Actually

Hold on....

It does... And it's in protest because of my UNI support.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2019, 08:50 PM
It's clear you have no idea why I have it to begin with

It's literally never had anything to do with support

Actually
Actually

Hold on....

It does... And it's in protest because of my UNI support.

Avid HBCU supporter

achrist70
December 9th, 2019, 10:18 AM

Yes and No, as mentioned the 2005 New Hampshire game would of fit into this category. But I am not sure our program has any of these type of wins in the last decade.

neverobeyed
December 9th, 2019, 11:03 AM

Yes and No, as mentioned the 2005 New Hampshire game would of fit into this category. But I am not sure our program has any of these type of wins in the last decade.

Yeah, you are right. I am thinking of the past decade or so. I used to think that the Richmond game is when UNI lost a lot of mojo, but now it looks like it really hit since the Wisconsin game in 2012.

Madison1976
December 9th, 2019, 11:07 AM
JMU should win fairly easily against UNI. No disrespect to UNI but JMU is peaking with a great run defensive, good pass defense, and an offensive that is rolling both on the ground and in the air. DiNucci (QB) is playing extremely well, making good decisions and has a lot of weapons at his disposal.

Regarding the comment about JMU running up the stats in a weak CAA, you obviously have not seen the CAA this year. Most of the teams are very good, and with the exception of JMU, they were fairly even. The CCA teams beat up on each other with any team able to win any game so their win/loss records look average. In addition, Coach Cignetti did not run up the stats, to the contrary he tried not to run up the score. Since most games were decided early, the first team offensive generally only played into the 3rd quarter and the first team defense was typically pulled in the early 4th quarter.

Unfortunately, the attendance for the JMU-UNI game will be down significantly. The students will be headed home after finals this week and apparently the TV schedule is forcing the game to be played a 7pm Friday night. The weather will be in the low 30's with 80% chance of rain.

I hope UNI brings its A game so those of us who will be cold and wet in the stands will get to see them at their best. Good luck to UNI but my heart is with JMU.

clenz
December 9th, 2019, 11:15 AM
JMU should win fairly easily against UNI. No disrespect to UNI but JMU is peaking with a great run defensive, good pass defense, and an offensive that is rolling both on the ground and in the air. DiNucci (QB) is playing extremely well, making good decisions and has a lot of weapons at his disposal.

Regarding the comment about JMU running up the stats in a weak CAA, you obviously have not seen the CAA this year. Most of the teams are very good, and with the exception of JMU, they were fairly even. The CCA teams beat up on each other with any team able to win any game so their win/loss records look average. In addition, Coach Cignetti did not run up the stats, to the contrary he tried not to run up the score. Since most games were decided early, the first team offensive generally only played into the 3rd quarter and the first team defense was typically pulled in the early 4th quarter.

Unfortunately, the attendance for the JMU-UNI game will be down significantly. The students will be headed home after finals this week and apparently the TV schedule is forcing the game to be played a 7pm Friday night. The weather will be in the low 30's with 80% chance of rain.

I hope UNI brings its A game so those of us who will be cold and wet in the stands will get to see them at their best. Good luck to UNI but my heart is with JMU.
Your FCS schedule includes

6-6 St Francis of the NEC
3-9 Morgan State of the MEAC
6-6 Chattanooga of the SoCon

Not exactly a murders row of competition in the OOC....or even school yard bully level.

The CAA is so greatly over hyped and in conference you played
2-10 Rhode Island
5-6 Elon
5-7 Stony Brook
5-7 5-William and Mary
5-7 Richmond
6-5 New Hampshire
7-5 Towson

10 FCS games I've listed so far you've played exactly ZERO playoff caliber schools.

The one half decent team you played was an over inflated
9-3 Villanova....who actually somehow played a worse schedule...and lost in the first round of the playoffs while giving up 45

Your playoff win was ****ing Monmouth. We've seen Monmouth here in Cedar Falls. We felt pitty on them and pulled starters in the first half.

The 9 Villanova wins were
4-8 Colgate
4-7 Lehigh
3-8 Bucknell
7-5 Towson
6-6 Maine
5-7 William and Mary
5-7 Richmond
0-10 Long Island
5-7 Delaware

with losses to 5-7 Sony Brook and 6-5 New Hampshire

PantherRob82
December 9th, 2019, 11:22 AM
Yeah, you are right. I am thinking of the past decade or so. I used to think that the Richmond game is when UNI lost a lot of mojo, but now it looks like it really hit since the Wisconsin game in 2012.

I'd say 08 Richmond followed by the 2 blocked FGs at Iowa with the Davis QB controversy, etc

kalm
December 9th, 2019, 11:25 AM
Exactly. On paper, this is a 3 TD beatdown. Running up stats in the CAA is much different than running up stats in the MVFC, however.

Edit: This has the makings of a 2005 UNI @ UNH playoff matchup. If UNI had a bit more firepower on offense, they could have pulled off the upset. Going to be tough with half the skill position players sidelined though for UNI.

It would silly to predict the upset but JMU has not faced a team ranked in the top 40 in total defense and only 3 in the top 50. Food for thought.

clenz
December 9th, 2019, 11:29 AM
If UNI doesn't give up 17-21 points in the first quarter we will have a ball game

In regulation this year UNI has given up
13 to Iowa State
14 to Southern Utah - all after it was 34-0
6 to Idaho State
29 to Weber State - 17 in the first 8 minutes. They had 78 yards of total offense after that, and negative 7 yards in the second half.
14 to Youngstown State
26 to South Dakota - 21 on the first three drives
10 to Illinois State
9 to Indiana State
7 to Western Illinois
3 to San Deigo (the top offense in the nation statitsically)
10 to South Dakota State

Yes, the SDSU and NDSU game scores got ugly.

If you turn UNI over like SDSU did (UNI has half of their season turn overs in 2 games against SDSU and all but 1 came in that first game) it will get ugly. Just like when you turned SDSU over a bunch. That was a 10 point game with 13 minutes left. then SDSU returned a fumble for a score, less than a minute later UNI threw a pick that turned into 7 points and then went into full on pressing mode, punted and the game was over but SDSU and NDSU never let a chance to pile points on go to waste.

NDSU game got ugly in the 4th after injuries ended it. It was a 4 point game at half. UNI got the ball to start the second half and on one of the first plays our #2 WR (who led the team in catches on the season at that point) got drilled after a catch, fumbled and 2 plays later NDSU hit an over top the play to make it 25-14. It stayed that way until well into the 4th when UNI went into pressing mode and started taking chances they don't usually take. NDSU scored again with like 12 minutes left. The last two scores were entirely NDSU doing what they do and managing to score a bunch of points at the end of that game. For about 47 minutes of that game it was highly competitive/contested. Hell, after NDSU went up 25-14 UNI had a ball to the endzone dropped by a WR - with no one around him - that would have made it 25-21 and completely shifted that game. But it was dropped and snowballs happen.

I'm not saying UNI wins. I'm saying there's a lot more to those two (three if you want WSU) scores. To prove my point about first quarters - UNI has been outscored 82-59 in the first quarter this year. The second quater UNI owns a 111-43 advantage and third quarter a 75-49 advantage. The fourth is 57-58 to opponents with most of those points being NDSU/SDSU games just snowballing late.

If UNI survives the first quarter things could get interesting.

JayJ79
December 9th, 2019, 11:37 AM
maybe we can somehow convince UNI that the game starts at 6:30 eastern (5:30 central) so that they actually show up for the first quarter instead of spotting their opponent 2-3 scores right off the bat.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 9th, 2019, 11:52 AM
38-14, JMU.

JMU gives up a TD in the first quarter after a slow start and gives up a garbage time TD.

RowdyRabbit
December 9th, 2019, 11:54 AM
I'll be rooting for UNI, but I don't think they have the horses. AGS though so....

Herdistheword
December 9th, 2019, 12:19 PM
I hope to see a hard-nosed, punch-you-in-the-mouth type of game, but I’ve seen UNI crap the bed too many times. I predict a JMU blowout.

Madison1976
December 9th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Thank you for making my point. This year, the CAA had good teams with parity in the conference with the exception of JMU (strongest) and Rhode Island (weakest). Villanova was 5-3 in the conference. 8 of 11 teams were 5-3, 4-4 or 3-5 in conference play. Parity! JMU was the class of the conference this year but it was by no means a cake walk each week.

Fortunately we are in the FCS and get to play each other to determine who is the best. I wish the FBS would expand their brackets so more teams get a shot at the title.

Lorne_Malvo
December 9th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Your FCS schedule includes

6-6 St Francis of the NEC
3-9 Morgan State of the MEAC
6-6 Chattanooga of the SoCon

Not exactly a murders row of competition in the OOC....or even school yard bully level.

The CAA is so greatly over hyped and in conference you played
2-10 Rhode Island
5-6 Elon
5-7 Stony Brook
5-7 5-William and Mary
5-7 Richmond
6-5 New Hampshire
7-5 Towson

10 FCS games I've listed so far you've played exactly ZERO playoff caliber schools.

The one half decent team you played was an over inflated
9-3 Villanova....who actually somehow played a worse schedule...and lost in the first round of the playoffs while giving up 45

Your playoff win was ****ing Monmouth. We've seen Monmouth here in Cedar Falls. We felt pitty on them and pulled starters in the first half.

The 9 Villanova wins were
4-8 Colgate
4-7 Lehigh
3-8 Bucknell
7-5 Towson
6-6 Maine
5-7 William and Mary
5-7 Richmond
0-10 Long Island
5-7 Delaware

with losses to 5-7 Sony Brook and 6-5 New Hampshire

This is what I would call a Decemberist beat down.
Welcome to AGS Madison. BS wont cut it here quite as much as it does on your JMU board.

MR. CHICKEN
December 9th, 2019, 01:32 PM

....DERE WE HAVE IT.......GREAT EQUALIZER......COLD RAIN....PAIRED WHIFF......EMPTY STADIA.......AN' SUFFICATIN' DEE......BRUISIN' DOWN HILL RB'S.....MVFC STYLE FOOTBALL......AGIN'...DAH GLAM ROCKERS....UH CAA.....IN DERE PRISSY PURPLE UNIS.......WEARIN' GLOVES AN' LONG SLEEVES.......DOOKIE PRIMA-DONNAS.....DIS IS GONNA BE.....STEEL CAGE BABY...........BRAWQ!!

clenz
December 9th, 2019, 01:34 PM
....DERE WE HAVE IT.......GREAT EQUALIZER......COLD RAIN....PAIRED WHIFF......EMPTY STADIA.......AN' SUFFICATIN' DEE......BRUISIN' DOWN HILL RB'S.....MVFC STYLE FOOTBALL......AGIN'...DAH GLAM ROCKERS....UH CAA.....IN DERE PRISSY PURPLE UNIS.......WEARIN' GLOVES AN' LONG SLEEVES.......DOOKIE PRIMA-DONNAS.....DIS IS GONNA BE.....STEEL CAGE BABY...........BRAWQ!!
**** weather helps UNI.

Weather won't make UNI's offense worse.

thebootfitter
December 9th, 2019, 01:45 PM
Regarding the comment about JMU running up the stats in a weak CAA, you obviously have not seen the CAA this year. Most of the teams are very good, and with the exception of JMU, they were fairly even. The CCA teams beat up on each other with any team able to win any game so their win/loss records look average.

Thank you for making my point. This year, the CAA had good teams with parity in the conference with the exception of JMU (strongest) and Rhode Island (weakest). Villanova was 5-3 in the conference. 8 of 11 teams were 5-3, 4-4 or 3-5 in conference play. Parity! JMU was the class of the conference this year but it was by no means a cake walk each week.

Fortunately we are in the FCS and get to play each other to determine who is the best. I wish the FBS would expand their brackets so more teams get a shot at the title.
You may make a valid point about parity within the CAA, but you have not offered any support for the idea that "Most of the teams are very good." What do the OOC results look like for the CAA? Particularly against other conferences regarded as "strong" (i.e. Big Sky or MVFC)?

Computer models are useful tools for such comparisons, because they are objective and relatively unbiased with a high degree of skill in comparing the relative strength between teams. They are no substitute for the action on the gridiron, but when you don't have a large sample to draw from on the field, then computer models can help put some comparisons into context.

For what it's worth, the Sagarin model shows that the CAA is the third strongest FCS conference. (A note on his methodology for ranking conferences: less weight is placed on the strongest and weakest teams in a conference with more weight being placed on those in the middle.) According to the team ratings, there are four teams in the MVFC that fall within a point of being the second strongest team to JMU if they were in the CAA. Teams as good as or better than Towson and Villanova (who JMU didn't get to play). The CAA is decent, for sure, but when a reliable computer model favors JMU on a neutral field by 17 points over the closest conference competitor and an average of 25 points over the conference foes you played this year, I'm not sure you can make a strong argument that you had a difficult conference schedule.

Edited to add for reference: Even with two teams weaker than Rhode Island on NDSU's schedule (Missouri State and Western Illinois), NDSU's conference foes were still an average of ~3 points stronger than JMU's conference opponents. NDSU's four strongest conference opponents were a touchdown stronger than JMU's four strongest conference opponents. (And I'm pretty sure NDSU's OOC was demonstrably stronger than JMU's as well.) Note that even with these comparisons, I think JMU is a strong team. I just don't think you can use the strength of the CAA to support the argument.

Dukie95
December 9th, 2019, 02:28 PM
The CAA had a lot of very good (not great) teams stuck in a log jam, and they were basically all 50/50 games. Albany avoided JMU, so they appeared to stand out, but they were right there with the rest.

Still, going through the CAA is a grind, as the CAA didn't have the weeks off that some other leagues do. Even winless URI was just more unlucky than bad this year.

thebootfitter
December 9th, 2019, 02:32 PM
The CAA had a lot of very good (not great) teams stuck in a log jam, and they were basically all 50/50 games. Albany avoided JMU, so they appeared to stand out, but they were right there with the rest.

Still, going through the CAA is a grind, as the CAA didn't have the weeks off that some other leagues do. Even winless URI was just more unlucky than bad this year.
Don't virtually all FCS teams play the same number of games over the same time span as everyone else? (Outside of a few exceptions here and there?) Or were you just referring to having a bye week after conference play started?

kalm
December 9th, 2019, 02:38 PM
You may make a valid point about parity within the CAA, but you have not offered any support for the idea that "Most of the teams are very good." What do the OOC results look like for the CAA? Particularly against other conferences regarded as "strong" (i.e. Big Sky or MVFC)?

Computer models are useful tools for such comparisons, because they are objective and relatively unbiased with a high degree of skill in comparing the relative strength between teams. They are no substitute for the action on the gridiron, but when you don't have a large sample to draw from on the field, then computer models can help put some comparisons into context.

For what it's worth, the Sagarin model shows that the CAA is the third strongest FCS conference. (A note on his methodology for ranking conferences: less weight is placed on the strongest and weakest teams in a conference with more weight being placed on those in the middle.) According to the team ratings, there are four teams in the MVFC that fall within a point of being the second strongest team to JMU if they were in the CAA. Teams as good as or better than Towson and Villanova (who JMU didn't get to play). The CAA is decent, for sure, but when a reliable computer model favors JMU on a neutral field by 17 points over the closest conference competitor and an average of 25 points over the conference foes you played this year, I'm not sure you can make a strong argument that you had a difficult conference schedule.

Edited to add for reference: Even with two teams weaker than Rhode Island on NDSU's schedule (Missouri State and Western Illinois), NDSU's conference foes were still an average of ~3 points stronger than JMU's conference opponents. NDSU's four strongest conference opponents were a touchdown stronger than JMU's four strongest conference opponents. (And I'm pretty sure NDSU's OOC was demonstrably stronger than JMU's as well.) Note that even with these comparisons, I think JMU is a strong team. I just don't think you can use the strength of the CAA to support the argument.

Beat me to it. The Patriot has parity too and the NEC often does.

MR. CHICKEN
December 9th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Don't virtually all FCS teams play the same number of games over the same time span as everyone else? (Outside of a few exceptions here and there?) Or were you just referring to having a bye week after conference play started?

....THINKIN'....HE MEANS....NO SATURDAYS OFF... PLAYIN'......FROM TOP TA BOTTOM.........CAA TEAMS EACH WEEK......ALL EQUALLY TOUGH.....IS DUH WAY AH TOOK IT...xdontknowx.....BRAWK!

thebootfitter
December 9th, 2019, 02:54 PM
....THINKIN'....HE MEANS....NO SATURDAYS OFF... PLAYIN'......FROM TOP TA BOTTOM.........CAA TEAMS EACH WEEK......ALL EQUALLY TOUGH.....IS DUH WAY AH TOOK IT...xdontknowx.....BRAWK!
That would be a fair interpretation, I suppose, from the biased mindset that the CAA is much tougher than other conferences. But I didn't interpret it that way. I guess Dukie can clarify if he wishes.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Lol yep top to bottom the CAA is equally tough. I mean look at all these CAA teams left........xcoffeex

kalm
December 9th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Lol yep top to bottom the CAA is equally tough. I mean look at all these CAA teams left........xcoffeex

Paul McCartney and wings assessment. Lol

Bison56
December 9th, 2019, 03:53 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kalm again.

Dukie95
December 9th, 2019, 04:08 PM
Yeah, what Mr. Chicken said.

First, I think the CAA is the 3rd best conference, so I'm not arguing against that point. Ok? we good?

My point was...there have been years, even when the CAA was better than it is now that we all knew damn well Elon or Towson or URI were not challenging anyone.. just complete pushovers. The CAA just didn't have that this year. This year, there was a 10 and about 11 6.5s (Big Sky and MVFC had four to five 8s).

I regret falling for the bait and jumping into a fight the JMU decembrist started by turning this into a pissing match. Not naming names but I'm pretty sure there are one or more teams on some top conferences that no one was sweating...thus, a week off. Of course, coaches will never say that, but c'mon...

Again, NONE OF THIS MEANS IM SAYING CAA WAS ANYTHING BETTER THAN 3RD...

clenz
December 9th, 2019, 04:16 PM
Yeah, what Mr. Chicken said.

First, I think the CAA is the 3rd best conference, so I'm not arguing against that point. Ok? we good?

My point was...there have been years, even when the CAA was better than it is now that we all knew damn well Elon or Towson or URI were not challenging anyone.. just complete pushovers. The CAA just didn't have that this year. This year, there was a 10 and about 11 6.5s (Big Sky and MVFC had four to five 8s).

I regret falling for the bait and jumping into a fight the JMU decembrist started by turning this into a pissing match. Not naming names but I'm pretty sure there are one or more teams on some top conferences that no one was sweating...thus, a week off. Of course, coaches will never say that, but c'mon...

Again, NONE OF THIS MEANS IM SAYING CAA WAS ANYTHING BETTER THAN 3RD...
You're schedule is also full of those **** ass programs.

Just because they were all equally **** ass doesn't make them less **** ass.

Chalupa Batman
December 9th, 2019, 04:17 PM

They're not good. In non-conference games against FCS competition this season the CAA went 26-6. They went 3-5 against teams that finished above .500 on the season, and 23-1 against teams that finished .500 or below.

The 3 teams they beat that finished above .500 are Merrimack, Sacred Heart, and Duquesne. A real murderer’s row.

The fact that there was parity in the CAA this year doesn’t mean every team is equally good, it means they are equally mediocore.

Here are the CAA's 26 non-conference wins this season:
Team W-L
Saint Francis 6-6
Morgan State 3-9
Chattanooga 6-6
Bryant (2x) 4-8
Lafayette (2x) 4-8
Duquesne 6-5
Colgate (3x) 4-8
Lehigh 4-7
Bucknell (2x) 3-8
Long Island 0-10
The Citadel (2X) 6-6
North Carolina Central 4-8
Jacksonville 3-9
Sacred Heart 7-5
Delaware State 2-10
Penn 5-5
Wagner 1-11
Fordham 4-8
Brown 2-8
Merrimack 6-5
Combined Record: 105-196

Madison1976
December 9th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Sorry to have hijacked the thread, not my intention. My comments were in response too "Running up stats in the CAA is much different than running up stats in the MVFC, however." I did not say the CAA was the best conference nor would I say so especially this year. My comments were the CAA has some very good teams (as someone said not great) and had the talent to challenge JMU this year. Fortunately for JMU, it was only in the Stoney Brook game that they had a lot of turnovers (4). On paper several games look like blowouts when in fact the CAA games were physical and hard fought. Generally, JMU wore down the opposition with a deeper bench, a very talented offense and stout run defense that forced teams into obvious passing situations.

We are now down to the elite 8 and as we all know any team can win especially if the opponent has an off game, a critical injury or turnovers. My expectation is JMU and NDSU will meet in Frisco but it is not a given and why they play the games. It is also why the FCS playoff system is superior to the FBS.

clenz
December 9th, 2019, 04:28 PM
They're not good. In non-conference games against FCS competition this season the CAA went 26-6. They went 3-5 against teams that finished above .500 on the season, and 23-1 against teams that finished .500 or below.

The 3 teams they beat that finished above .500 are Merrimack, Sacred Heart, and Duquesne. A real murderer’s row.

The fact that there was parity in the CAA this year doesn’t mean every team is equally good, it means they are equally mediocore.

Here are the CAA's 26 non-conference wins this season:
Team W-L
Saint Francis 6-6
Morgan State 3-9
Chattanooga 6-6
Bryant (2x) 4-8
Lafayette (2x) 4-8
Duquesne 6-5
Colgate (3x) 4-8
Lehigh 4-7
Bucknell (2x) 3-8
Long Island 0-10
The Citadel (2X) 6-6
North Carolina Central 4-8
Jacksonville 3-9
Sacred Heart 7-5
Delaware State 2-10
Penn 5-5
Wagner 1-11
Fordham 4-8
Brown 2-8
Merrimack 6-5
Combined Record: 105-196
Rep this man.

The CAA beat up on a bunch of **** all season long to prop the bottom and middle of it up.

JMU might beat UNI but it does nothing to justify how **** the CAA actually is.

ValleyChamp
December 9th, 2019, 04:45 PM
I hope to see a hard-nosed, punch-you-in-the-mouth type of game, but I’ve seen UNI crap the bed too many times. I predict a JMU blowout.

What constitutes crapping the bed here? JMU is ranked #2 and might be the best team in the country and are playing at home. They are better than UNI and should win the game.

House money game for UNI.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2019, 04:50 PM

come up with your own **** toker, that is mine! haha

Bison56
December 9th, 2019, 05:51 PM
come up with your own **** toker, that is mine! haha

xlolx laugh everytime I see it too.

ming01
December 9th, 2019, 09:33 PM
JMU favored by 13

cx500d
December 9th, 2019, 09:35 PM
JMU favored by 130

FYP

MR. CHICKEN
December 9th, 2019, 09:43 PM
That would be a fair interpretation, I suppose, from the biased mindset that the CAA is much tougher than other conferences. But I didn't interpret it that way. I guess Dukie can clarify if he wishes.

.......THEN...WHAA DID YOUSE....ASK DUH QUESTIONS....xconfusedxxdontknowxxconfusedx......B RAWQ!!

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 9th, 2019, 09:48 PM
In the words of Ricky Bobby: "If you arent first, you are last." If you arent named NDSU (or JMU in 2016) and are bragging about how tough your conference is then congrats, you are tangentially associated with a champion by way of conference affiliation. When JMU lost in the semifinals to Montana in 2008 and then Montana went on to lose to conference mate Richmond, I sure as **** didnt find any solace in Richmond winning.

Pragmatically speaking, belonging to the strongest conference is a complete pyrrhic victory for teams not named NDSU. The CAA in the 2000's and the MVFC in the 2010's were/are clearly the strongest conferences during those respective time frames in terms of producing national champion contenders. At times, yes, this caused the second and third best teams in those conferences to be seeded worse (or not at all) than if they were in a weaker conference. The CAA (and yes, the MVFC) have had plenty of bubble teams that missed the playoffs because of conference depth but can anyone actually name a single one of those left out that was a viable championship contender?

At the end of the day, Im a JMU fan. I dont give a damn about our conference mates as long as the CAA remains strong enough to provide us with a few challenges and a decent enough seed provided we take care of business.

We have been battle tested enough this year and earned a good seed in the process. I have no worries about this game; UNI being in the same conference as NDSU wont do them any good.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 10th, 2019, 02:12 AM
There's a lot of anger in this room, not sure why.

I wish there were more discussion about Xs and Os than penis measuring between conferences. For the recent past, MFVC is NDSU and everyone else; CAA is JMU and everyone else. End of story. The rest frankly don't matter until they prove they matter. A couple other teams have made deep runs (Villanova, Towson, YSU, SDSU), but so what?

Overall, I expect long, sustained drives that leave JMU in favorable field position. Two wild cards are turnovers (flip the field) and special teams (flip the score). UNI can certainly do what Monmouth did to JMU in the special teams area. JMU has a real inability to kick beyond the 5-10 yd line on kickoffs. It's an issue. It'll be interesting to see if JMU employs the fair catch tactic or if UNI adjusts and makes them pay for such an approach.

On offense, I doubt there will be many attempts passing over 20 yards. JMU's spread option offense will focus on misdirection and short passes w/ the hope that a missed tackle or bad angle in combination with great blocking will result in some big plays. But even if UNI plays well, 3-5 yards per play will add up and this is why JMU has the best 3rd down conversion rate in the FCS. NDSU is similar with the wear you down, get to 3rd and short mentality. It's a great formula that always wins IF you are more physical at the LOS.

On defense, JMU does not blitz. Instead, two DEs with NFL potential lead a nasty front D-line that eats up RBs and can wreak havoc on QBs - mobile or stationary. The secondary is frankly not as good. Rashard Robinson is back from a season-ending injury and was the Dukes best NFL prospect two years ago, even over Jimmy Moreland (now Redskins starting slot corner). But he has not looked nearly as good in this final 5th year that was granted as a medical exception. I noticed in particular against WVU that he got beat repeatedly over the top. I chalked it up to superior WRs (transfers from USC and another major P5 program), but he has continued to "struggle" compared to the coverage we saw from him in his earlier years. With rare exception, the defense is assignment sound. I think they are better coached than the 2016-2017 teams, but a little less talented in the defensive backfield. If I were UNI, I would test the Dukes long, maybe pick up a PI call or two and hope that it softens up coverage a bit, allowing their run game more space should they break through the LOS. This defense does not create as many turnovers (again, i think they are better coached and play with more sound fundamentals, whereas past years teams more often took the risk on the big play), but they are among the top teams in turnover margin. They have created less turnovers than UNI, but also the JMU offense has given up fewer - it's basically a wash though UNI has the slight statistical edge on turnover margin.

UNI can win this game. I am not sure the weather will help/hurt either team. JMU can run the ball just as effectively in the rain/snow as defenders will have a harder time making cuts. I think it's a wash on that compared to many others that believe it's an automatic advantage to UNI. Afterall, UNI plays most games inside. JMU is far more accustomed to the elements. We'll see. Right now a 81% chance of freezing rain at kickoff, but we're still a few days off and it may arrive a few hours later, which would mean a cold, dry game.

Good luck panthers - I totally respect UNI and generally root for UNI as a fellow purple team in the MVFC. I hope a few are able to make the trip, but sadly I don't expect this to be a good example of the atmosphere that Bridgeforth Stadium can produce.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2019, 01:33 PM
In FBS games UNI lost 28-26 to Iowa St, JMU lost 20-14 to West Virginia. Iowa St beat West Virginia 38-14. I know you can't go by comparative scores, but UNI might do better than some of us expect.

clenz
December 10th, 2019, 02:31 PM
I can't imagine UNI manages to keep this closer than 72-3

I took a glance at the JMU board and their statistical breakdown of our roster when they've never seen a play.

It's clear this should be a 80-0 game.

Derby City Duke
December 10th, 2019, 02:34 PM

I took a glance at the JMU board and their statistical breakdown of our roster when they've never seen a play.

Boards like that for almost all schools are Ivory soap (99.44%) bat-$#!t crazy...it's why I don't bother with them. I don't even think I could find the 'JMU board' and I consider that a win for me.

Bison56
December 10th, 2019, 02:41 PM

Well 99% of those clowns believe that JMU is a dynasty.xdrunkyx

clenz
December 10th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Boards like that for almost all schools are Ivory soap (99.44%) bat-$#!t crazy...it's why I don't bother with them. I don't even think I could find the 'JMU board' and I consider that a win for me.
Monmouth is clearly a better team than UNI, that should give you an indication of what you're going to see Friday night.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2019, 03:12 PM
You must think UNI's kicker is capable of kicking a 93 yard FG...

Bison56
December 10th, 2019, 03:13 PM

UNI will be lucky to cross the 50.xnodx probably would be easier to score on the 85 Bears.

clenz
December 10th, 2019, 03:19 PM
You must think UNI's kicker is capable of kicking a 93 yard FG...
We get real lucky

Late in the fourth against some random drunks they pulled out of the crowd Will McElvain manages to somehow escaped 17 sacks and hits Weston deep for 75 yards - taking UNI all the way to the JMU 24 yard line. This gives UNI 11 yards passing for the game. No more yard are gained, because duh, and Cook somehow keeps his kick from being blocked by the Monstars lined up to block the kick.

Houndawg
December 10th, 2019, 03:23 PM
JMU rolls UNI bad, zero freaking chance for UNI in this game, JMU 49 UNI 3 #BOOKIT. ****, who am I kidding, there isn't enough #BOOKIT karma in the world to save UNI in this one #BOOKIT

That's why I'm calling the Cats in the upset. I think they come out and punch JMU in the mouth.

Doooks
December 10th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Decemberist here reporting for duty. I bring no football knowledge to the table, but I'm going to post anyway.

Grizalltheway
December 10th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Decemberist here reporting for duty. I bring no football knowledge to the table, but I'm going to post anyway.
You're in great company!xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2019, 04:30 PM

you will fit right in

ElCid
December 10th, 2019, 04:36 PM
In FBS games UNI lost 28-26 to Iowa St, JMU lost 20-14 to West Virginia. Iowa St beat West Virginia 38-14. I know you can't go by comparative scores, but UNI might do better than some of us expect.

As you say, you can't really compare, but also don't forget that the rivalry aspect of the Iowa teams probably had an impact. I am not familiar with the actual extent. That was pretty nonexistent with the JMU game. Big impact? Small impact? Who knows for sure, but I would put money that there was some. Plus, I think UNI has had some injury since then. JMU may get slowed down some, but I still think they will get a 2-3 score win.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2019, 05:10 PM
HERO Sports writer Brian McLaughlin was just on a local radio show here in Fargo and he had some pretty strong opinions on this game given the fact that the national writers are usual pretty diplomatic. I might be paraphrasing a bit but a couple quotes he had were "there's no chance UNI beats JMU in Harrisonburg" and "I'd be shocked if UNI puts up more than 10 points".

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2019, 05:23 PM
HERO Sports writer Brian McLaughlin was just on a local radio show here in Fargo and he had some pretty strong opinions on this game given the fact that the national writers are usual pretty diplomatic. I might be paraphrasing a bit but a couple quotes he had were "there's no chance UNI beats JMU in Harrisonburg" and "I'd be shocked if UNI puts up more than 10 points".

he had JMU rated number 1 in his poll vote for a long time this year

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2019, 05:26 PM

I remember Sid Hartman saying the Gophers would beat the Bison by 40, but then this isn't Minnesota that UNI is playing.

clenz
December 10th, 2019, 05:29 PM
HERO Sports writer Brian McLaughlin was just on a local radio show here in Fargo and he had some pretty strong opinions on this game given the fact that the national writers are usual pretty diplomatic. I might be paraphrasing a bit but a couple quotes he had were "there's no chance UNI beats JMU in Harrisonburg" and "I'd be shocked if UNI puts up more than 10 points".Hero also said there was no chance they'd beat SDSU.

cx500d
December 10th, 2019, 06:08 PM

Half the people here have no football knowledge. Half the people are Decembrists. Half are Novembrists. And the other half are on the political board

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2019, 06:23 PM
JMU should win comfortably at home. UNI has a solid defense but they are extremely limited on offense. Plus, I'll definitely take a Cignetti prepared team over a Farley coached team in a big game.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2019, 06:23 PM
Half the people here have no football knowledge. Half the people are Decembrists. Half are Novembrists. And the other half are on the political
board

.........and the other 90% are............

cx500d
December 10th, 2019, 06:28 PM
.........and the other 90% are............
Have some football knowledge, of course!

PantherRob82
December 10th, 2019, 09:34 PM
Hard to argue with either.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2019, 09:02 AM
Brian McLaughlin isn't exactly a great FB mind. The guys been wrong way more then he's right.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2019, 09:43 AM
Brian McLaughlin isn't exactly a great FB mind. The guys been wrong way more then he's right.
He's no different from most pundits (or most of us for that matter) then. xlolx

One thing I do appreciate about him is he's willing to defend his positions, expand on his reasoning for something, and engage fans on social media in a way that isn't completely condescending... a lot of media folks don't do that (or are incredibly condescending when they do).

DUKESALLDAY
December 11th, 2019, 02:18 PM
UNI really doesn’t stand a chance. The weather is going to keep the ball mostly on the ground which does work to their advantage and will keep the score a little bit closer but they just don’t have the talent to compete with JMU. Not meant as a knock as they’ve had a great season and some good upsets, this just won’t be one of them. JMU by 21 at a minimum.

Lorne_Malvo
December 11th, 2019, 02:19 PM
UNI really doesn’t stand a chance. The weather is going to keep the ball mostly on the ground which does work to their advantage and will keep the score a little bit closer but they just don’t have the talent to compete with JMU. Not meant as a knock as they’ve had a great season and some good upsets, this just won’t be one of them. JMU by 21 at a minimum.

Same thing you said about Colgate.

DUKESALLDAY
December 11th, 2019, 02:20 PM
If you can’t see the differences between that game and this I’m not inclined to take your response remotely seriously.

Lorne_Malvo
December 11th, 2019, 02:22 PM
If you can’t see the differences between that game and this I’m not inclined to take your response remotely seriously.

LOL. I'm not inclined to believe you have even a remote grasp of reality.

neverobeyed
December 11th, 2019, 02:50 PM
I remember Sid Hartman saying the Gophers would beat the Bison by 40, but then this isn't Minnesota that UNI is playing.

Sid will outlive us all.

DUKESALLDAY
December 11th, 2019, 02:53 PM
LOL. I'm not inclined to believe you have even a remote grasp of reality.
DiNucci threw more interceptions in that one game than he has all this season combined. And Colgate won by 3. We’ll all see in two days though.

clenz
December 11th, 2019, 03:09 PM
Sid will outlive us all.
As he should

clenz
December 11th, 2019, 03:11 PM
DiNucci threw more interceptions in that one game than he has all this season combined. And Colgate won by 3. We’ll all see in two days though.
Good thing UNI is known their their complete inability to create TOs.

Also nice to see that loss get excused away because of a QB playing poorly, but that SDSU loss where Will had half his season of interceptions is held against UNI.

Grizalltheway
December 11th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Pulling for UNI in this one for obvious reasons (even to you, cx5000).

Lorne_Malvo
December 11th, 2019, 03:50 PM

They were up on JMU 17-0 before JMU got a pick 6. Stop with the nonsense.

DUKESALLDAY
December 11th, 2019, 03:59 PM
They were up on JMU 17-0 before JMU got a pick 6. Stop with the nonsense.

Uhh JMU was up 10-6 even after 3 of 5 interceptions but go ahead. Would say I’d come back here Friday night to clown you but I’m sure you can handle that with the rest of your posts.

Lorne_Malvo
December 11th, 2019, 04:34 PM
Uhh JMU was up 10-6 even after 3 of 5 interceptions but go ahead. Would say I’d come back here Friday night to clown you but I’m sure you can handle that with the rest of your posts.

JMU is the favorite to win so if you dont win it would be a epic fail.
That said, I am hoping for UNI. Speaking of posts, I took a look at your 21 posts. What a homer.

JayJ79
December 11th, 2019, 04:56 PM
since it is so obvious that JMU will easily win this one and that UNI has no chance, the smart move would be for Jimmy Mad to not even dress their starters. Rest them for the semifinals.

DUKESALLDAY
December 11th, 2019, 04:58 PM
JMU is the favorite to win so if you dont win it would be a epic fail.
That said, I am hoping for UNI. Speaking of posts, I took a look at your 21 posts. What a homer.
I took a look at some of yours as well and it all makes sense now.

Doooks
December 11th, 2019, 04:59 PM
since it is so obvious that JMU will easily win this one and that UNI has no chance, the smart move would be for Jimmy Mad to not even dress their starters. Rest them for the semifinals.

I endorse this strategy and plan to do my part by laying on the sofa during the game. If we're down at halftime though, I'm getting up and walking around.

DUKESALLDAY
December 11th, 2019, 04:59 PM

Nobody’s saying JMU would win without their starters. Why is everyone so dramatic on AGS 😂

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2019, 05:14 PM
I endorse this strategy and plan to do my part by laying on the sofa during the game. If we're down at halftime though, I'm getting up and walking around.
I've done this while watching games in person and at home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gdh2GYOsSc

Hey, if it works don't knock it. :)

uni88
December 11th, 2019, 06:41 PM

To state that UNI doesn't have a chance is _____ant (insert arrog, ignor or whatever you want).

JMU has a really good football team but we don't know if they're great yet. The CAA is usually a great conference but the teams below JMU really beat each other up and we don't know if it's because they're all good teams or because they're all mediocre teams.

UNI has a pretty good team as well that has be decimated by injuries and fought through them to qualify for the playoffs and win 2 games. Everyone of their loses have been on the road to seeded or FBS teams. They have a defense that is at least the 2nd best and maybe the best JMU has seen this year. What hurt UNI in their losses was slow starts, defense getting gassed because the offense didn't maintain possession and taking chances when they were behind. Against SDSU they got off to a slow start but they turned around the TOP and stuck to their gameplan to win an ugly game. JMU should be favored and might even blow UNI out but UNI does have a chance. The more players they get back from injury, the better that chance.

Herder
December 11th, 2019, 06:51 PM

Yes, but when UNI has the ball, they have a good defense. I do think the elements will keep the scoring down, and keep UNI in the game. UNI needs to hold JMU to 20 or less if they have a chance. If UNI hits 23, that’s their ceiling.

27-17 JMU

Houndawg
December 12th, 2019, 02:07 PM
UNI has at least a puncher's chance against anybody in FCS in more than an "any given saturday" way

clenz
December 12th, 2019, 02:12 PM
Hearing mechanical issues with the UNI plane

Looking like a minimum of a 5 hour delay

POD Knows
December 12th, 2019, 02:29 PM
To state that UNI doesn't have a chance is _____ant (insert arrog, ignor or whatever you want).

JMU has a really good football team but we don't know if they're great yet. The CAA is usually a great conference but the teams below JMU really beat each other up and we don't know if it's because they're all good teams or because they're all mediocre teams.

UNI has a pretty good team as well that has be decimated by injuries and fought through them to qualify for the playoffs and win 2 games. Everyone of their loses have been on the road to seeded or FBS teams. They have a defense that is at least the 2nd best and maybe the best JMU has seen this year. What hurt UNI in their losses was slow starts, defense getting gassed because the offense didn't maintain possession and taking chances when they were behind. Against SDSU they got off to a slow start but they turned around the TOP and stuck to their gameplan to win an ugly game. JMU should be favored and might even blow UNI out but UNI does have a chance. The more players they get back from injury, the better that chance.Brilliant??

uni88
December 12th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Brilliant??:lmao:

Five letters so it fits.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 12th, 2019, 02:55 PM
:lmao:

Five letters so it fits.

Sent from my XT1650 using TapatalkHell, it was a miracle that I came up with brilliant. Now I might have to do a search.

MR. CHICKEN
December 12th, 2019, 03:14 PM
........SIGNIFICANT...........BRAWQ-O!!!!!

JayJ79
December 12th, 2019, 03:22 PM

wasn't there a story a while back where a team's original charter plane had issues, so they ended up flying on a Hooters plane instead?
or maybe I'm misremembering

neverobeyed
December 12th, 2019, 03:33 PM

wasn't there a story a while back where a team's original charter plane had issues, so they ended up flying on a Hooters plane instead?
or maybe I'm misremembering

Not from here, but posted on PantherNation earlier this week by a JMU fan:

"Actually, until recently the team used to drive 90 minutes to Dulles for road games. But the NCAA usually charters to closest airport for playoffs.

In 2004 the NCAA actually chartered a "Hooters" plane to Chatty - now wonder we won."

https://www.panthernation.com/forum/specific-sports-topic-forums/panther-football/694872-game-15-playoff-edition-james-madison/page5

clenz
December 12th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Not from here, but posted on PantherNation earlier this week by a JMU fan:

https://www.panthernation.com/forum/specific-sports-topic-forums/panther-football/694872-game-15-playoff-edition-james-madison/page5
UNI took a hooters plane to NAU in 04

neverobeyed
December 12th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Is there like a fleet of Hooters planes out there?

POD Knows
December 12th, 2019, 03:54 PM
........SIGNIFICANT...........BRAWQ-O!!!!!He changed the rules, now it can only be an 8 letter word.xlolx

JayJ79
December 12th, 2019, 03:57 PM
There was a Hooters Airline that operated from 2003 through 2006
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooters_Air
don't know if these planes were associated with that or not.

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2019, 04:06 PM
He changed the rules, now it can only be an 8 letter word.xlolx

Only 8 letters if you want to be compliant.

Derby City Duke
December 12th, 2019, 04:12 PM
flippant?

MR. CHICKEN
December 12th, 2019, 04:14 PM
He changed the rules, now it can only be an 8 letter word.xlolx

.......AH DUH MIDWEST WAY........RULES AS WE GO ALONG..........LIKE O/U 53.....O' MAYBEAH 35........O'........72........DEPENDIN' ON FINAL SCORE......INITIALLY SAID....WHATEVERAH....YOUSE WANT.........AWK!!

Mfergy4
December 12th, 2019, 04:21 PM
Pulling for our fellow MVFC foe, UNI. Pull the upset baby!!

uni88
December 12th, 2019, 04:23 PM
don't know if these planes were associated with that or not.What the heck. Have fun and use as many letters as you want.

Piss fits. ;)

neverobeyed
December 12th, 2019, 04:27 PM
don't know if these planes were associated with that or not.

Huh .....

uni88
December 12th, 2019, 04:39 PM
........INSIGNIFICANT...........BRAWQ-O!!!!!

FYP :D

Grizzlies82
December 12th, 2019, 04:59 PM

And why do all these school Athletic Directors have their phone numbers??????

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 12th, 2019, 09:43 PM
This thread finally took a turn for the better.

Hooters - something we can all get in front of to support. The great peace offering between the CAA and MVFC!

clenz
December 12th, 2019, 10:05 PM
Hooters actually sucks though

JMU Newbill
December 13th, 2019, 08:34 AM
You really are insufferable, regardless of which board.

POD Knows
December 13th, 2019, 08:55 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWho are you talking to, the voices in your head? :D

uni88
December 13th, 2019, 08:58 AM
And why do all these school Athletic Directors have their phone numbers??????Hugh Freeze gives it to them.

clenz
December 13th, 2019, 09:42 AM

I mean...if you think Hooters actually has good food then so be it.

It really is just terrible food.

Hooters food is the UNI football of the food world.

Just sucks. Doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same novel as the good places (you know, the JMU equivalents of the food world)

JayJ79
December 13th, 2019, 10:25 AM
I preferred the scenery at Tilted Kilt more than the scenery at Hooters. Just a more fun theme, IMO.
Didn't consider the food all that remarkable in either location, but I didn't have any complaints either.
Granted, I've only made one visit to one location of each chain, so experiences may vary.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2019, 10:41 AM
I preferred the scenery at Tilted Kilt more than the scenery at Hooters. Just a more fun theme, IMO.
Didn't consider the food all that remarkable in either location, but I didn't have any complaints either.
Granted, I've only made one visit to one location of each chain, so experiences may vary.

Hooters food is better than it use to be. Are any "chain" food great? No. Although TX Roadhouse is ribeye is good.

mcveyrl
December 13th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Been a while since I've posted here...figured out the new login just to say that Hooters food does, in fact, suck. Once you figure out the waitresses are dressed how they are JUST to sell you said crappy food, there's no reason to go.

Also, can I get a UNI fan to tell me where or what I should be looking at to see if UNI is "on"? For instance, I think for JMU if we're getting some decent chunks on the ground early on we'll be in good shape - while I like DiNu. What is a strength of UNI that, if it's clicking, bodes well for the Panthers?

clenz
December 13th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Hooters food is better than it use to be. Are any "chain" food great? No. Although TX Roadhouse is ribeye is good.
Just like UNI....better than we have been in a while...still trash.

clenz
December 13th, 2019, 11:11 AM
Been a while since I've posted here...figured out the new login just to say that Hooters food does, in fact, suck. Once you figure out the waitresses are dressed how they are JUST to sell you said crappy food, there's no reason to go.

Also, can I get a UNI fan to tell me where or what I should be looking at to see if UNI is "on"? For instance, I think for JMU if we're getting some decent chunks on the ground early on we'll be in good shape - while I like DiNu. What is a strength of UNI that, if it's clicking, bodes well for the Panthers?
The first 8 minutes will determine the game. All trolling aside I actually mean that

Gave up 29 to Weber State - 17 were in the first 8 minutes. After that they had 78 yards of total offense and had negative 7 yards of offense in the second half. That game started UNI fumbling the opening kick, going 3 and out, giving up a 70 yard bomb on WSU's play 1. UNI fumbled the next kick off and WSU recovered and kicked a FG. Next posession UNI got 1 first down punted and Weber scored. UNI dominated every second of the game after that.

South Dakota - gave up 27 - USD scored on their first three possessions.

South Dakota State playoff game - SDSU scored their 10 points on their first two possessions

UNI isn't built to come back from 14-17+ down early. Just can't do it. However, you let this UNI defense get in a rhythm they will control everything about a game. They really are just an extension of our offense. UNI had 40 min TOP against SDSU because once our defense settles in they are as good as anyone at getting off the field in 3 or 4 plays, so even if/when the offense struggles they are fresh and still making plays.

The SDSU and NDSU games got out of hand late - like last 8-10 minutes of each game due to turn overs and UNI having to take risks they aren't designed to take.

SDSU game was 17-7 going into the fourth. Had to start making risks not designed for and turn overs piled up and SDSU scored on them with the defense taking risks to make plays and not making them.

NDSU was 25-14 into the fourth but the defense was on the field 80% of that game, injuries mounted, risks were taken....and NDSU piles meaningless points on better than anyone.

If JMU jumps out 14-3 17-0 early it's over.
If JMU is up by 11+ with about 10 min left it could snowball like SDSU/NDSU because risks will be taken and it will burn UNI.
If UNI hangs on for the first 10 minutes or so it likely becomes a pretty heavily contested game and once UNI gets "warm" they throw some pretty ****ing hard punches.

mcveyrl
December 13th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Lately we've been fairly weak early. I haven't even looked but it seems like we give up a big play or score (or both) on the first drive almost every game. That might bode well for UNI to at least stay in the game.

Derby City Duke
December 13th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Slow starts for JMU:

Towson led 10-7 in the 2nd quarter; didn't score again. JMU 27-10.

Monmouth broke a 93-yard TD run on the games first play (after recovering their own fumble on the KO); returned the next KO 93 yards for a TD. They led 7-0 and 14-7. Scored 7 more points on the day and lost 66-21

William & Mary broke a 73 yard run in the first series; JMU held them to a FG. Tribe scored 7 points the rest of the game. JMU 38-10

Elon scored on the 2nd play of the game. Scored 3 points the rest of the game. JMU 45-10

Have been susceptible to early big plays, but that's usually been it for the opposition.

Important to note:

W&M finished with 75 yards rushing as a team.
Monmouth finished with 93 yards rushing as a team.

JayJ79
December 13th, 2019, 12:29 PM
Monmouth broke a 93-yard TD run on the games first play (after recovering their own fumble on the KO); returned the next KO 93 yards for a TD. They led 7-0 and 14-0. Scored 7 more points on the day and lost 66-21.

14-7, wasn't it?

Derby City Duke
December 13th, 2019, 12:44 PM
14-7, wasn't it?

Yep. Thanks. Fixed the post.

Dukie95
December 13th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Slow starts for JMU:

Monmouth broke a 93-yard TD run on the games first play (after recovering their own fumble on the KO); returned the next KO 93 yards for a TD. They led 7-0 and 14-7. Scored 7 more points on the day and lost 66-21

William & Mary broke a 73 yard run in the first series; JMU held them to a FG. Tribe scored 7 points the rest of the game. JMU 38-10

Elon scored on the 2nd play of the game. Scored 3 points the rest of the game. JMU 45-10

Have been susceptible to early big plays, but that's usually been it for the opposition.

Important to note:

Also, Richmond should have scored in their opening drive, but fumbled at the endzone.

mcveyrl
December 13th, 2019, 12:46 PM
Slow starts for JMU:

Monmouth broke a 93-yard TD run on the games first play (after recovering their own fumble on the KO); returned the next KO 93 yards for a TD. They led 7-0 and 14-0. Scored 7 more points on the day and lost 66-21

Important to note:

That's not as bad as I thought. I knew we usually shut teams down after the rough starts. I think we hold UNI to two scores, and my guess is one of those happens in the first quarter. I think their defense is the real deal, but I think we get at least three scores, which is hopefully all we need.

PantherRob82
December 13th, 2019, 01:02 PM

UNI has a pretty good team as well that has be decimated by injuries and fought through them to qualify for the playoffs and win 2 games. Everyone of their loses have been on the road to seeded or FBS teams. They have a defense that is at least the 2nd best and maybe the best JMU has seen this year. What hurt UNI in their losses was slow starts, defense getting gassed because the offense didn't maintain possession and taking chances when they were behind. Against SDSU they got off to a slow start but they turned around the TOP and stuck to their gameplan to win an ugly game. JMU should be favored and might even blow UNI out but UNI does have a chance. The more players they get back from injury, the better that chance.

That's not as bad as I thought. I knew we usually shut teams down after the rough starts. I think we hold UNI to two scores, and my guess is one of those happens in the first quarter. I think their defense is the real deal, but I think we get at least three scores, which is hopefully all we need.

I think we need the defense to score to have a chance

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 01:46 PM
From UNI Twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELmfTB7WkAEkj1n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

From JMU twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELpSUWIW4AAoHZV.jpg

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2019, 02:27 PM
From UNI Twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELmfTB7WkAEkj1n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

From JMU twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELpSUWIW4AAoHZV.jpg

How much of the student fee increases have to go towards that bad boy? ;) xlolx

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 02:32 PM

All of it, but the discount on streamers makes it worthwhile.

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2019, 02:50 PM
All of it, but the discount on streamers makes it worthwhile.

Is that what they call their degrees? (In jest)

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 02:57 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l4Ep6uxU6aedrYUik/giphy.gif

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 04:24 PM

I've been to NDSU, Montana, Montana State and JMU for games. I'd rank JMU's stadium 4th by a decent margin. It's more impressive from I-81 than your seat.

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 04:33 PM
I've been to none, but going by google maps I'd take Montana as the best.

uni88
December 13th, 2019, 04:34 PM
I've been to NDSU, Montana, Montana State and JMU for games. I'd rank JMU's stadium 4th by a decent margin. It's more impressive from I-81 than your seat.

What about the Tub?

Where would the Rock fit into your rankings if you have been there?

clenz
December 13th, 2019, 04:37 PM
What about the Tub?

It's been completely renovated. It's not quite the same as even two years ago.

Schism55
December 13th, 2019, 04:44 PM
https://twitter.com/Nelley13/status/1205618029637316610

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 04:44 PM
What about the Tub?

I haven't been to the Tub since 2010 (UD-Lehigh playoff game). The balanced seating and endzone bleachers creates a better atmosphere than Bridgeforth but the stadium itself was always kind of a dump dating back to my first visit in the 90's. Princeton has the best FCS stadium in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic.

I've never been to App State but will go in a heartbeat should Temple and/or Lehigh schedule the Mountaineers!

I don't see UNI having any crowd issues tonight. They should be quite comfortable...

TennBison
December 13th, 2019, 04:52 PM
My pick is going to be an upset. UNI wins 27-24 in OT. By all rights JMU is better and should win.......easily. But I just have a gut feeling an upset is in order somewhere.

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2019, 05:14 PM
My pick is going to be an upset. UNI wins 27-24 in OT. By all rights JMU is better and should win.......easily. But I just have a gut feeling an upset is in order somewhere.

When I have that feeling, the opposite happens. :(

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 05:31 PM
I was looking at the JMU campus on g-maps. When did they remove the basketball court next to White Hall? You could've finished the visitors side of the stadium with the amount of bricks I threw up out there.

Derby City Duke
December 13th, 2019, 05:55 PM
Having to record tonight’s game due to school commitments through tomorrow night (home games tonight and on the road with my air rifle team in Cincinnati all day tomorrow. Probably won’t get to watch it until tomorrow night late.

Won’t be on here until after I watch it.

Good luck to both teams. Go Dukes!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 06:00 PM
About to rock and roll in Harrisonburg!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 06:03 PM
It looks absolutely miserable in the Shenandoah Valley.....

X-Factor
December 13th, 2019, 06:03 PM
JMU is going to destroy UNIs offensive line. UNI should also get the better of JMUs offensive line and hold the score down, especially given the weather. Overall I like JMU to win this one by a few scores. Let see how many meaningless points get matched up with UNI excuses in this one

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 06:04 PM
JMU and UNI or UNI and JMU???

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/023/397/C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 06:05 PM
That's not a good start

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 06:05 PM
JMU fumbles and UNI recovers!! Wow!!

Another slow start for the Dukes....

ElCid
December 13th, 2019, 06:06 PM
Oops. Not a good start for JMU.

Schism55
Wow exact start UNI needed!

Bison Fan in NW MN
Good start for UNI if this fumble is upheald.

Big Sky crew....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 06:08 PM
I think he might have been down but there's not enough to overturn it imo....

LetsGoPeay
December 13th, 2019, 06:08 PM
What are they looking at? The call is obvious.

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 06:10 PM
didn't think they would reverse it

SUPharmacist
December 13th, 2019, 06:10 PM
Cant believe they changed it. I dont know what was right, but wow.

Grizzlies82
December 13th, 2019, 06:11 PM
Good start for UNI if this fumble is upheald.

Big Sky crew....

If the fumble is "held" then it is not a fumble.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Dukes offense getting into space. Nice drive going....

Herdistheword
I’m surprised that was overturned, but refs might have had a better angle.

Doooks
Pass game looking good. Run defense is tough so far

Peems
December 13th, 2019, 06:12 PM
so much purple

Herdistheword
December 13th, 2019, 06:13 PM
Pass blocking is looking good for JMU so far.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 06:14 PM
JMU's first punt of the playoffs. I think the Dukes will have success though. They showed some good things on that drive....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2019, 06:14 PM
Nice defense by UNI

LetsGoPeay
December 13th, 2019, 06:15 PM
Great stop by N. Iowa. Their defense looked well prepared.

Herdistheword
Not sure about you guys, but I’m rooting for the purple and white team.

SUPharmacist
Lets see if UNI can get any offense.

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 06:16 PM

I'm with you!

SUPharmacist
December 13th, 2019, 06:17 PM

Rooting for meteorite myself.

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 06:18 PM
Rooting for meteorite myself.

I don't know what this means

Herdistheword
December 13th, 2019, 06:19 PM
I don't know what this means

i think he doesn’t like either team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Great D by the Dukes!! Should get good field position...

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 06:20 PM
That's a good third down stuffing

SUPharmacist
December 13th, 2019, 06:21 PM
i think he doesn’t like either team.

You got it. Hoping for a good game though. I respect both programs, just wish there was a way for both to fail.

Herdistheword
December 13th, 2019, 06:22 PM
JMU gifts UNI a 2nd and 2, and UNI fails to convert even though their RB had a decent lane on 2nd down. It’s gonna be a long night boys. First touchdown equals JMU victory.

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2019, 06:23 PM
Great play calling by UNI

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2019, 06:23 PM
UNI D is real good, but how long can they hold off JMU. Their offensive game plan needs to be creative, didn’t see that on the first drive

LetsGoPeay
December 13th, 2019, 06:24 PM
Looks like JMU is just feeling them out.

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2019, 06:26 PM
That pass by Dinucci just highlights how stupid the Payton voting is

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 06:27 PM
JMU building off their first drive. UNI needs to step up....

Doooks
Duuuukes!

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD Dukes! UNI's defense looks completely outmatched in terms of speed.

Herdistheword
December 13th, 2019, 06:28 PM
Playcalling has really helped DiNucci get into rhythm early. UNI is already in trouble IMO.

Drblankstare
JMU just gonna assault the boundaries with speed

LetsGoPeay
Polk reminds me a lot of our Deangelo Wilson. Small, but super strong and lightning quick. The defender didn't have a chance against him in open space.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2019, 06:29 PM
UNI better get something done on offense or this game will be a rout.

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2019, 06:30 PM
UNI better get something done on offense or this game will be a rout.

Yep this was the concern, if UNI gets down can they score points

Ronin62
December 13th, 2019, 06:31 PM
Wow, UNI tells the opposing team they will run only and that's what they did on the opening drive... right to a punt. :-(

Schism55
December 13th, 2019, 06:32 PM
Polk reminds me a lot of our Deangelo Wilson. Small, but super strong and lightning quick. The defender didn't have a chance against him in open space.
Polk is really freaking good xthumbsupx

TennBison
December 13th, 2019, 06:33 PM
Can I change my prediction from UNI 27-24 to JMU 101-(-15 for UNI).

Prime Power
December 13th, 2019, 06:34 PM
Without Weston, UNI doesn't have a chance, hell even with him they would of had a minimal chance.

LetsGoPeay
December 13th, 2019, 06:35 PM
Danger time already for N. Iowa. They need to keep JMU out of the end zone on this next possession. If not, this could get ugly very quickly.

Herdistheword
December 13th, 2019, 06:35 PM
Yep, UNI offense is already hard to watch. Hoping for a miracle, but expecting JMU to rest their starters by the 4th.

Ronin62
December 13th, 2019, 06:36 PM
Announcers have it right. UNI wants to run, but they are not good at it. Farley being stubborn, he's been trying this game plan for years, hasn't really worked yet.

X-Factor
Nice game so far. Both dline s dominating as you’d expect

jmu007
I’m so sad I couldn’t be there tonight. Go Dukes! I need next Saturday to happen. Let’s do this!!!!

LetsGoPeay
Polk is really freaking good xthumbsupx

Wilson is too.

Hopefully you guys will get a real close look at him next week.

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 06:38 PM
What a hit. That hurt!

Bison56
December 13th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Nice hit

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 06:39 PM
That's a text book big time clean hit.....

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 06:40 PM
UNI's d-line is solid

Herdistheword
December 13th, 2019, 06:42 PM
UNI is just gonna make JMU grind out all of these TD’s, so the game doesn’t look like a blowout.

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 06:43 PM
End of 1st Q
JMU 7 - UNI 0

JMU 139 yards - UNI 1 yard

Go Lehigh TU owl
Only 7-0 after 1 quarter. JMU dominating but UNI hanging in. JMU's skill players are FBS level.

I still can't get a read on DeNucci. He's talented but he really doesn't throw into tight windows much and it feels destined to get lit up by a defender. I don't think the improv stuff works against NDSU.

semobison
UNI's defense is good but their going to be gassed if their offense keeps going 3 and out.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 06:45 PM
And there's DeNucci taking a big shot! That was bound to happen....

Bison56
December 13th, 2019, 06:45 PM
My guess JMU wins but they will feel it in the morning.

Prime Power
December 13th, 2019, 06:46 PM
He looks like he doesn't know who or where he is.

X-Factor
The dynamics of this game could change fast...

Herdistheword
Hopefully DiNucci is alright. He looked shaken up.

Doooks
December 13th, 2019, 06:47 PM
D-Nooch got smashed

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2019, 06:47 PM
He looks like he doesn't know who or where he is.

Colgate's nasty defense put a beating on him last year. If he comes back in there could be a pick or 5. The dynamics really just changed.

DeNucci seems overly cocky. He's almost asking to be hit....