PDA

View Full Version : 2019-12/07 AGS GOTW Week 15 (2nd Round)

Preferred Walk-On
December 2nd, 2019, 02:29 PM
Round 2 of the playoffs. Comment if you wish. Rankings are current AGS Poll rankings (not seed #'s for top 8). The SWAC championship game is also included. Enjoy!

#19 Nicholls State @ #1 North Dakota State
#16 Monmouth @ #2 James Madison
#14 Austin Peay @ #3 Sac State
#23 Kennesaw State @ #4 Weber State
#20 Albany @ #5 Montana State
#6 Northern Iowa @ #9 South Dakota State
#22 Southeastern Louisiana @ #7 Montana
#13 Illinois State @ #11 Central Arkansas
Southern @ Alcorn State

BEAR
December 2nd, 2019, 02:35 PM
SLU at Montana.

SLU is playing pretty well. Don't know too much about Montana and this could be a blowout but from the choices that I can see it's a pretty good choice.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2019, 02:41 PM
I picked Austin Peay at Sac St but Albany at Montana St is a close second.

I like the matchups between teams/conferences we'll likely never see outside the playoffs. SLU/Montana is an individual matchup we'll probably never see again but the SLC and Big Sky play each other fairly often in the regular season. Can't really say that about the OVC and Big Sky (JSU/EWU is the only regular season matchup between the two I can think of) or the CAA/Big Sky (Weber/JMU is the only regular season series I can even think of).

Grizzlies82
December 2nd, 2019, 02:50 PM
SLU at Montana.

SLU is playing pretty well. Don't know too much about Montana and this could be a blowout but from the choices that I can see it's a pretty good choice.

I doubt this is a blow out in either direction. This should be a great game.

SELA looks hot and Montana looked like hell. Just don't see the Grizzlies having back to back games playing poorly. Two solid passing attacks. This has the potential to be similar to the Villanova - SE Louisiana game.

wapiti
December 2nd, 2019, 03:24 PM
8 really good games to choose from.

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2019, 03:30 PM
I think there are gonna be several close games. Should be some great FB this weekend!

Catbooster
December 2nd, 2019, 07:40 PM
Lots of good choices (Bump)

MSUBobcat
December 2nd, 2019, 07:59 PM
Kennesaw @ BBQ for me. For reasons Choas mentioned (BSC vs. Big South), but also to see if KSU is the paper tiger AGS claims or WSU gets preferential treatment for a loss as RoT claims.

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2019, 08:51 PM
Watch out for APSU v. Sac. St. Sleeper upset.

Chalupa Batman
December 2nd, 2019, 08:58 PM
Really tough to pick just one, all of the matchups should either be a good game or answer questions about just how good some teams are. Went with Montana/Southeastern Louisiana as I think that will be the best game, likely similar to the Villanova/SLU matchup.

Austin Peay/Sacramento State was a close second for me.

bwbear
December 2nd, 2019, 09:55 PM
I also picked SLU @ Montana. SLU has been rolling recently, I'm excited to see how they travel.

Hard to go wrong with picking most of these games though.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 3rd, 2019, 12:39 AM
I went with Kennesaw St. @ Weber. LOTS of questions in this one.

My homer pick would have been UNI@SDSU since both team have MVFC pedigree and the winner will likely be coming to JMU as long as we take care of business.

Call me crazy but I think SELA away from home @Montana in the playoffs is going to fold like a house of cards. No hate on SELA, great offensive team, but I just think Montana got a week off it needed to refocus and the place will be rocking!

grizband
December 3rd, 2019, 02:01 AM
SLU @ Montana

The matchup with SLU's explosive offense could pose a threat to Montana's depleted and lackluster pass defense. However, I believe the advantage of playing in Missoula assists the Griz in winning their first home playoff game since 2015!

ASU33
December 3rd, 2019, 05:50 PM
Tough choices. Heck I wish I could be in 5 places at once to catch a few of these to be honest.

Derby City Duke
December 3rd, 2019, 08:32 PM
SLU @ Montana. Has Montana gotten the Brawl Maul out of their system and can SLU play 2 good halves in the same game? Is Wa-Griz intimidating enough to throw off the Lions? Inquiring minds want to know.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 4th, 2019, 03:09 AM
While it may be a good game, I am surprised at the love for ISU @ CAU given the other choices. I don't see either as a real contender, but yeah, interesting MVFC / SLC game I guess. I'll go with the home team by 4 in this one.

BEAR
December 4th, 2019, 08:11 AM
While it may be a good game, I am surprised at the love for ISU @ UCA given the other choices. I don't see either as a real contender, but yeah, interesting MVFC / SLC game I guess. I'll go with the home team by 4 in this one.

FYP.

As long as NDSU stays healthy, I don't see any team as a real contender. xcoffeex

JacksFan40
December 4th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Didn't know what to pick so by default I chose UNI@SDSU