PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth @ #2 James Madison

Derby City Duke
December 1st, 2019, 08:34 PM
The Monmouth Hawks come to Bridgeforth Stadium for a 2nd-round FCS playoff matchup.

The Hawks and Dukes have never faced each other, though they just announced a home-and-home for the '24 and '25 seasons.

Game time is 1:00

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2019, 08:38 PM
JMU should roll! Anywhere from a 21-35 point win depending on Bahar's health.

NY Crusader 2010
December 1st, 2019, 08:42 PM
JMU should roll! Anywhere from a 21-35 point win depending on Bahar's health.

Agree. I see this as a 48-17 type of game. This may well be JMU's most talented group ever, to include their national championship teams.

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2019, 09:03 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49152705202_70ea786bc2_o.jpg

Monmouth is obviously at a big disadvantage when it comes to skill and depth in this one. They'll need to win the turnover battle, take advantage of their redzone opportunities, and get some explosive plays on offense to stay in the game. To have any chance I think they'll need to score 30+ which JMU has only allowed once all season. That said all the pressure will be on JMU so Monmouth will be able to play as if they have nothing to lose... for once it's not a cliché for them to say the only people who think they have a chance to win are in their locker room.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2019, 09:07 PM
JMU by a lot.

Blue Waves Crest
December 1st, 2019, 09:08 PM
Stoked about this game. Not because I think Monmouth is gonna win but because they’re playing with house money and we’re gonna learn exactly how well our best team ever stacks up against the top of the FCS. We’re gonna get that closure that a lot of times ya don’t get in college sports (specifically thinking of our 2016 hoops team), which is why I think the FCS playoffs is really cool.

I don’t see the Hawks laying an egg here, they’re way too proud and too veteran of a group to do that and I think THEY think they have a shot, which they should, they’re the players. In their minds they went out to Missoula and were within a single score midway thru the 4th in one of the legendary environments (and #5 team) in all of FCS and won’t be intimated by the spectacle.

I said this on another thread but sometimes in sports a talented team that has nothing to lose can be very dangerous. The question is how dangerous exactly. If Kenji is healthy I hope we see the full arsenal of the balanced offense, and to see what our veteran OL can do against your venerable front seven. Best of luck to you guys, hoping for a competitive game Saturday and the full FCS playoff experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 2nd, 2019, 03:45 AM
For JMU, there are two things that strike me as significantly better/stronger this year. Coaching and QB play.

A. The Coach - We loved coach Mike Houston, and we were damn fortunate to steal Cignetti away from Elon. Cignetti really brings a no-nonsense attitude to the team, and anyone watching the selection show and his interview get a full view of how - dare I say boring - and down to business this man is. Where coach Houston had the passion, Cignetti has the gamesmanship advantage. It translates on the field in two ways: 1) discipline is far better this year, though we've been still guilty of some targeting penalties. But the other late hits/personal fouls, holding, illegal motion and other knucklehead kind of penalties feel down this year; and 2) In-game adjustments. we made them vs. Villanova and as sloppy as we were at Stony Brook, I do think our cool-headed coach managed the game well enough to overcome some crucial mistakes by the players. Our play seems more balanced and committed to a game plan (last year it felt like QB DiNucci was all over the map) and much better clock management. Our O-line play is so much better as well, but I think it also has to do with coaching, which brings me to...

B. QB Play - DiNucci is playing on a different level this year. I think WR Polk as a fast, deep threat receiver has really opened the field for the Dukes, and our stable of RBs is as good as ever. Whereas in the beginning of the year there were some lingering redzone struggles, I feel 100% confident that when JMU gets close it will come away with a TD more often than not. But DiNucci has been far more judicious in running with the ball, his throws far more crisp, and most importantly his decision making on making his reads is far better. Perhaps this is all due to a better O-line that gives him more time, but watching the games this year, there is just this extra bit of maturity to his game as the Sr QB leader.

I am looking forward to seeing how JMU's run defense stacks against one of the best RBs in the nation. I do think Monmouth will get yards, but I expect more of a bend, don't break kind of game on defense. Sacks will be the great neutralizer and what will be hard for Monmouth is consistency in running the ball. I expect a few 10-20 yard bursts here and there, but just as many no-gains / TFLs for the JMU defense to force Monmouth into long yardage situations where the Dukes should hold. On the other hand, I expect the JMU RBs to wear down Monmouth's defense fairly quickly, creating a pick your poison dilemma that will be hard to crack. They will need to win the turnover battle and use the running game to shorten the game. Otherwise, JMU can turn this into a track meet for which, despite their strong running game, they will be unable to keep up for four quarters of football.

Attendance is likely to be a little weak this week, maybe around 13K (half stadium), but these are the die hard fans/students that never miss a game and will make it sound a bit louder than it looks. Having been to Montana will benefit Monmouth greatly - I expect we will see their A-game effort unless the QB's hamstring is worse than reported, in which case this could get ugly fast.

I've had Monmouth ranked in the 10-15 range almost all year - so lots of respect to what your program has built! JMU has had their issues with Liberty and CCU from the Big South before, so you never know, but it would be I think JMU's biggest upset loss of all time, maybe second to the 2005 loss to Coastal Carolina. Certainly the biggest home loss if Monthmouth finds a way to prevail.

knit35
December 2nd, 2019, 07:35 AM
Good Luck to the Hawks. Not 100% sure what to make of Monmouth after watching only one game this year, which was last week against Holy Cross. Like others I think it is imperative for some explosive plays to happen for Monmouth, turnover battle to be won and from what I saw last week shoring up the special teams groups will be key. For Monmouth fans, was your offense scheme and play last week against holy cross normal from the season or did they keep the playbook pedestrian? Im sure it will all be open this week but I was interested in how that game stacks up to others. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised to see JMU to try and run the ball for 80-90% of their offensive plays.

For those coming to Bridgeforth, I hope you have a great time and the game ends in a physically healthy way for both teams. Enjoy the trip and if I see you around Im happy to invite you over to our tailgate for some drinks and food.

Dukie95
December 2nd, 2019, 07:36 AM
After last year's debacle at Colgate I have learned to not look past anyone in the playoffs and I'm expecting a great game.

Interested to see how Bahar's injury from last week will be a factor. JMU's defensive line has been disruptive against even very mobile QBs, let alone one that may not be able to run at all. JMU's goal is to make teams one dimensional. I would expect them to take away their running game and let Bahar get what he can from the air under significant pressure.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2019, 10:36 AM
After last year's debacle at Colgate I have learned to not look past anyone in the playoffs and I'm expecting a great game.

Interested to see how Bahar's injury from last week will be a factor. JMU's defensive line has been disruptive against even very mobile QBs, let alone one that may not be able to run at all. JMU's goal is to make teams one dimensional. I would expect them to take away their running game and let Bahar get what he can from the air under significant pressure.

Totally different scenario; JMU was on the road against a Top 10 team in '18. Plus, the reality is JMU wasn't nearly as good last season even if Houston didn't have one foot out the door. This year JMU is absolutely loaded, at home home and I don't think Monmouth is quite as good as last year's Colgate team.

JMU_71
December 2nd, 2019, 01:56 PM
Dukes stop the run, forcing Monmouth to throw. Monmouth gets some good plays on our DBs, but having to play catch up allows our D-line to T-off on the QB. Daka and Carter get multiple sacks. Dukes begin to pull away late in the 2nd qtr for a 42-13 win.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2019, 05:55 PM
Agree. I see this as a 48-17 type of game. This may well be JMU's most talented group ever, to include their national championship teams.

not so sure about that, although DiNucci has played like a champ this year, which is common for FBS Transfer QB coming off his Jr year, it was Bryan Schor that put JMU over the top in 2016, DiNucci is not as good as him IMHO

jmu007
December 2nd, 2019, 06:40 PM
not so sure about that, although DiNucci has played like a champ this year, which is common for FBS Transfer QB coming off his Jr year, it was Bryan Schor that put JMU over the top in 2016, DiNucci is not as good as him IMHO

I honestly couldn’t tell you which is better at this point. From a sheer arm strength and speed standpoint Ben is the better player. Schor was great when things broke down, but he also benefited from a stable of WRs and RBs that included multiple NFL/XFL guys in hindsight. End of the day they’re probably about even IMO, but the athleticism and arm strength I think gets Ben a better shot at next level than Schor had.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2019, 06:52 PM
I honestly couldn’t tell you which is better at this point. From a sheer arm strength and speed standpoint Ben is the better player. Schor was great when things broke down, but he also benefited from a stable of WRs and RBs that included multiple NFL/XFL guys in hindsight. End of the day they’re probably about even IMO, but the athleticism and arm strength I think gets Ben a better shot at next level than Schor had.

you would know better than me on this, but Schor was a winner... DiNucci now gets his chance

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 2nd, 2019, 10:30 PM
Schor had a better O-line. Last year, the O-line was a mess and it left DiNucci hurried far more than Schor ever was. I loved Schor, especially his decision making, but agree w/ 007 that the core talent ceiling is higher with DiNucci. Adding WR Polk has made a world of difference this year + a more experience and healthy O-line. The guys that were once liabilities for their inexperience are now reaping the benefits from having to step in.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 2nd, 2019, 10:39 PM
Totally different scenario; JMU was on the road against a Top 10 team in '18. Plus, the reality is JMU wasn't nearly as good last season even if Houston didn't have one foot out the door. This year JMU is absolutely loaded, at home home and I don't think Monmouth is quite as good as last year's Colgate team.

Like you said - totally different scenario. Monmouth's defense doesn't scratch the surface of what Colgate's defense was last year. That was a special team. I see Monthmouth as having a bunch of horses, but an average defense.

Even last year, I think JMU wins more often than it loses that game if played 10 times. The turnovers were brutal. Monthmouth will need a similar JMU effort and I don't see the team coming out flat on Saturday.

Blue Waves Crest
December 2nd, 2019, 10:58 PM
For Monmouth fans, was your offense scheme and play last week against holy cross normal from the season or did they keep the playbook pedestrian? Im sure it will all be open this week but I was interested in how that game stacks up to others. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised to see JMU to try and run the ball for 80-90% of their offensive plays.

It was similar to what it’s been all season for the most part. You saw a little wildcat at the end of the game with Guerriero but we have a short yardage back Devell Jones who’s a bruiser that normally runs that package on 3rd/4th and short/goal line, but he’s missed the last two games with an ankle. But it’s basically a mix of shotgun/west coast principles (5 yard out route with no contact), draw plays, and pistol RPOs.

Kenji has really spread the wealth this year. He had a tendency to key in on Reggie White Jr last year, not that we can blame him, but the stable of WR this year is very even and he has no real favorites. It probably doesn’t stack up to JMU’s defense but I also didn’t think it stacked up against Montana’s defense but they were able to move the ball in that game and played a 6 point game for 3.5 quarters. Because it’s very balanced and isn’t really a one-trick pony, even if JMU has early success I think Monmouth’s offense isn’t really susceptible to folding like a cheap tent. Basically if you guys get out to like a 17-0 lead you’ll need to keep scoring lol

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 3rd, 2019, 12:26 AM
It was similar to what it’s been all season for the most part. You saw a little wildcat at the end of the game with Guerriero but we have a short yardage back Devell Jones who’s a bruiser that normally runs that package on 3rd/4th and short/goal line, but he’s missed the last two games with an ankle. But it’s basically a mix of shotgun/west coast principles (5 yard out route with no contact), draw plays, and pistol RPOs.

Kenji has really spread the wealth this year. He had a tendency to key in on Reggie White Jr last year, not that we can blame him, but the stable of WR this year is very even and he has no real favorites. It probably doesn’t stack up to JMU’s defense but I also didn’t think it stacked up against Montana’s defense but they were able to move the ball in that game and played a 6 point game for 3.5 quarters. Because it’s very balanced and isn’t really a one-trick pony, even if JMU has early success I think Monmouth’s offense isn’t really susceptible to folding like a cheap tent. Basically if you guys get out to like a 17-0 lead you’ll need to keep scoring lol

That's just it in this one - I do think JMU will be able to score points and often. How often Monmouth will be able to score on JMU is what will be interesting on Saturday.

ming01
December 3rd, 2019, 09:46 AM
JMU should blow them out.

Derby City Duke
December 3rd, 2019, 11:32 AM
It will be interesting to see what impact, if any, will the absence of Adeeb Atariwa from the DL will have on the JMU run defense? He'll miss the 1st half after being ejected for targeting in the 2nd half of the Rhode Island game.

cx500d
December 3rd, 2019, 08:40 PM
Monmouth is ****ed.

Paladin1aa
December 4th, 2019, 07:48 AM
Shane Montgomery , formerly YSUs OC , is JMUs OC. Be interested to see how they do in the playoffs with him. He helped set all time records at YSU while here, both running and passing.

Dukie95
December 4th, 2019, 08:00 AM
Pete Guerriero only had 47 yards on 18 carries against Montana. I don't know if Montana was that good at stopping him or this was a case of Monmouth being behind so they were forced to throw. In any event, Monmouth was able to adjust and pass for 393 yards.

JMU has been excellent at removing the other team's run game, but when they've struggled, the opponent was able to find success in the air after giving up on the run - see Nova (387) and Stony Brook (318).

Derby City Duke
December 4th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Monmouth is ****ed.

But...but...but...you voted for Monmouth. xnodx Working the ol' reverse psychology angle.

I think JMU will win, but it will be closer than anticipated. Our secondary hasn't really shut anybody down on a consistent basis all year. If our pass rush can get home, that certainly will take some pressure off the DBs.

cx500d
December 4th, 2019, 09:27 AM
But...but...but...you voted for Monmouth. xnodx Working the ol' reverse psychology angle.

I think JMU will win, but it will be closer than anticipated. Our secondary hasn't really shut anybody down on a consistent basis all year. If our pass rush can get home, that certainly will take some pressure off the DBs.
Who I want to win and who actually wins are often two different teams...

Gangtackle11
December 4th, 2019, 10:49 AM
38-17 JMU feels about right. Monmouth is better than their last FCS playoff squad. Wouldn’t surprise me if they hang in there, but I see the Dukes getting it done. xpeacex

UNHWildcat18
December 4th, 2019, 10:53 AM
45-14 JMU, JMU peaking at the right time.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2019, 12:14 PM
I think Monmouth will be able to move the ball with some success and get a few scores, but the D probably won't be much of a match for JMU's offense.

49-20 JMU.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2019, 01:46 PM
Pete Guerriero only had 47 yards on 18 carries against Montana. I don't know if Montana was that good at stopping him or this was a case of Monmouth being behind so they were forced to throw. In any event, Monmouth was able to adjust and pass for 393 yards.

JMU has been excellent at removing the other team's run game, but when they've struggled, the opponent was able to find success in the air after giving up on the run - see Nova (387) and Stony Brook (318).

like all good backs, you can't sleep on Pedro.... odds are he eventually breaks off a long one,

Not sure what happened to JMU vs Stony Brook but that game should give Monmouth some hope

Derby City Duke
December 4th, 2019, 01:52 PM
like all good backs, you can't sleep on Pedro.... odds are he eventually breaks off a long one,

Not sure what happened to JMU vs Stony Brook but that game should give Monmouth some hope

DBs couldn't find their @$$e$ with both hands much less cover a receiver. As a team, SBU averaged 21+ yards per catch!

I'm more concerned about our interior DL -- starter will miss the 1st half due to targeting against Rhody.

knit35
December 4th, 2019, 02:27 PM

Seems like Stony Brook was prior to the defensive backfield figuring out the defensive scheme and fit. In my mind they have improved in play since that point in time but Stony Brook was odd. I feel like this is going to be closer for longer than most Dukes fans want it to be and Guerriero does break off a long one but I am not sure Monmouth D has answers for all of the options the Dukes O will throw at them.

Dukie95
December 4th, 2019, 03:15 PM

5 turnovers

JMUNJ08
December 5th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Rashad Robinson was OUT for the Stony Brook game and maybe someone else? We really looked out of sorts that game and it felt like the type of game we should lose (road, cold night, northeast, terrible turnover margin, etc.). The fact the team kept going, we got an awesome DiNucci flexing GIF out of it, and the team seemed to learn alot from it, makes a big difference in not feeling immortal.

While the DBs got torched like a JV team, Stony Brook is a bruising running team with a good run defense as well. JMU effectively shut down their running attack and carved up their run D which would have been worse if not for the constant fumbling...

Turnovers are the key. If its not +2 or higher for Monmouth in this one, JMU should win by multiple scores (though Monmouth will not pull a SHSU...)

jmufan999
December 6th, 2019, 10:31 AM
Who I want to win and who actually wins are often two different teams...

the poll doesn't say "who do you want to win". that's what the thread/posting is for. seems clear to everyone else

jmufan999
December 6th, 2019, 10:37 AM
Rashad Robinson was OUT for the Stony Brook game and maybe someone else? We really looked out of sorts that game and it felt like the type of game we should lose (road, cold night, northeast, terrible turnover margin, etc.). The fact the team kept going, we got an awesome DiNucci flexing GIF out of it, and the team seemed to learn alot from it, makes a big difference in not feeling immortal.

While the DBs got torched like a JV team, Stony Brook is a bruising running team with a good run defense as well. JMU effectively shut down their running attack and carved up their run D which would have been worse if not for the constant fumbling...

Turnovers are the key. If its not +2 or higher for Monmouth in this one, JMU should win by multiple scores (though Monmouth will not pull a SHSU...)

i really hope teams are thinking that we are the same team that played Stony Brook. we went through the exact same situation in 2016. was a brand new defensive coordinator (just like this year) with a brand new scheme. it took until late in the year for the D to come together. early in the year, it was ugly at times. same deal this year. the sacks and TFLs have picked up as they have gotten used to the new scheme, and with it, the pass D has improved (and turnovers have gone way up).

Blue Waves Crest
December 6th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Line is at JMU -28, thoughts?

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2019, 11:47 AM

Money must be coming in on JMU. I think that line is high considering the only playoff team JMU has played so far this year is Villanova and they beat them by 14. Not saying JMU couldn't win by that much or more but I'd say there's a better chance Monmouth covers that spread than JMU does given the data we have to this point. FWIW both Massey and Sagarin favor JMU by about 21.

Bison56
December 6th, 2019, 11:49 AM
i really hope teams are thinking that we are the same team that played Stony Brook. we went through the exact same situation in 2016. was a brand new defensive coordinator (just like this year) with a brand new scheme. it took until late in the year for the D to come together. early in the year, it was ugly at times. same deal this year. the sacks and TFLs have picked up as they have gotten used to the new scheme, and with it, the pass D has improved (and turnovers have gone way up).

I'm sure they are

Dukie95
December 6th, 2019, 12:26 PM

Way too high. When it was first at -23, I thought THAT was high.

BDKJMU
December 6th, 2019, 01:29 PM
For JMU, there are two things that strike me as significantly better/stronger this year. Coaching and QB play.

A. The Coach - We loved coach Mike Houston, and we were damn fortunate to steal Cignetti away from Elon. Cignetti really brings a no-nonsense attitude to the team, and anyone watching the selection show and his interview get a full view of how - dare I say boring - and down to business this man is. Where coach Houston had the passion, Cignetti has the gamesmanship advantage. It translates on the field in two ways: 1) discipline is far better this year, though we've been still guilty of some targeting penalties. But the other late hits/personal fouls, holding, illegal motion and other knucklehead kind of penalties feel down this year; and 2) In-game adjustments. we made them vs. Villanova and as sloppy as we were at Stony Brook, I do think our cool-headed coach managed the game well enough to overcome some crucial mistakes by the players. Our play seems more balanced and committed to a game plan (last year it felt like QB DiNucci was all over the map) and much better clock management. Our O-line play is so much better as well, but I think it also has to do with coaching, which brings me to...

B. QB Play - DiNucci is playing on a different level this year. I think WR Polk as a fast, deep threat receiver has really opened the field for the Dukes, and our stable of RBs is as good as ever. Whereas in the beginning of the year there were some lingering redzone struggles, I feel 100% confident that when JMU gets close it will come away with a TD more often than not. But DiNucci has been far more judicious in running with the ball, his throws far more crisp, and most importantly his decision making on making his reads is far better. Perhaps this is all due to a better O-line that gives him more time, but watching the games this year, there is just this extra bit of maturity to his game as the Sr QB leader.

DukeDawg touched on the reasons for Dinucci’s improvement. To add/expand to what he’s said:
-Year more experienced
-Better OL play
-Better WR play (adding the speedster Polk, who had double digit starts at Penn St, to complement the 6’5”/230 Riley Stapleton
-Better TE play (Dylan Stapleton (6’5”/243) was 2nd Team All CAA) despite rotating in what is one of the deepest positions on the team).
-Better running game (not better RBs, but because of the OL)
-Better coaching. OC & QB coach at JMU Shane Montgomery. Spent 14 seasons as an OC between Miami of Ohio, Akron, YSU, CCSU. Also 3 seasons as HC at Miami of Ohio. Was the QB coach for another QB from western PA- guy by the name of Ben Roethlisberger. Montogomery was a 2 time finalist for the Frank Broyles Award, which goes to the nation’s top assistant coach.
-Offseason Dinucci apparently spent 10 days with a private QB coach who trains a bunch of big time NFL & college QBs. One on one coaching but also got to work out with Houston’s Deshaun Watson & Pittsburgh Steelers Josh Dobbs, Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts & Penn State’s Sean Clifford some of the names)..

cx500d
December 6th, 2019, 01:30 PM
the poll doesn't say "who do you want to win". that's what the thread/posting is for. seems clear to everyone else

OK, you convinced me; JMU is ****ed.

Blue Waves Crest
December 6th, 2019, 01:32 PM
OK, you convinced me; JMU is ****ed.

Lol Monmouth ML

BDKJMU
December 6th, 2019, 01:33 PM
It will be interesting to see what impact, if any, will the absence of Adeeb Atariwa from the DL will have on the JMU run defense? He'll miss the 1st half after being ejected for targeting in the 2nd half of the Rhode Island game.
I’m not worried. Sleight drop off for a half. Atariwa was the only one of the 4 starting JMU DL not to receive All CAA (although IMHOP he should have).

Schism55
December 6th, 2019, 02:10 PM
https://twitter.com/MonmouthHawks/status/1202938262601551878

Derby City Duke
December 6th, 2019, 07:12 PM
I just have a bad feeling about this game; can’t pinpoint why...

Dukie95
December 7th, 2019, 06:32 AM

I'm with you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2019, 07:05 AM
Dukes roll easily today....xnodx

Paladin1aa
December 7th, 2019, 07:18 AM
Dukes win and it won’t be close.

Dukie95
December 7th, 2019, 07:54 AM
I think the recency of losing to Liberty and Colgate (twice) has injected a twinge of trepidation when facing talented, confident, underestimated teams playing with house money.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2019, 08:12 AM

.......GET SOME DOGFISH....FO' COURAGE.....GROW UH PAIR.........DOOKIES....ARE BEAST UH EAST...........NERVOUS NELLIES.......LIVE IN ALBANY.......PULL YOURSELVES TA-GETHERAH.......GEESH...xrolleyesx.....AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2019, 08:48 AM

.....OH BROTHERAH....JES' 'MEMBERED......HAWKS...GAVE GRIZZWALDS.....ALL DEY COOD HANDLE.........DEN....CURBED KENNESAW.....YAH....BAD FEELIN'S.....HAS CREPT OVERAH DUH BIG BIRD TOO.....GHOST UH DINUCCI.....CAN APPEAR AT ANYTIME........MAYBEAH 1:00 PM TA-DAY.........AH'LL HAVE 'NOTHERAH DOGFISH....AN' KEEP 'EM COMIN'...xeekxxeekxxeekx;)....BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2019, 09:23 AM
.....OH BROTHERAH....JES' 'MEMBERED......HAWKS...GAVE GRIZZWALDS.....ALL DEY COOD HANDLE.........DEN....CURBED KENNESAW.....YAH....BAD FEELIN'S.....HAS CREPT OVERAH DUH BIG BIRD TOO.....GHOST UH DINUCCI.....CAN APPEAR AT ANYTIME........MAYBEAH 1:00 PM TA-DAY.........AH'LL HAVE 'NOTHERAH DOGFISH....AN' KEEP 'EM COMIN'...xeekxxeekxxeekx;)....BRAWK!

haha, classic.... somebody told me he is better than Schor.... I'm just not ready to elevate him to that level yet

KsawOwls
December 7th, 2019, 10:41 AM
31-27 JMU

knit35
December 7th, 2019, 11:20 AM
Good Luck to both teams. Go Dukes 35-17.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 11:23 AM
I'll take the Dukes 47-23. Although it wouldn't surprise me it if it's worse....

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 7th, 2019, 11:52 AM
54-13 JMU

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2019, 12:03 PM
54-13 JMU

....YOUSER!..........SENDIN' UH MESSAGE....TA FARGO........"KEEP DUH WOMENS".....IN DUH BARN........BRAWK!

Christiank22
December 7th, 2019, 12:05 PM
....YOUSER!..........SENDIN' UH MESSAGE....TA FARGO........"KEEP DUH WOMENS".....IN DUH BARN........BRAWK!

What’s the message? They can beat bad teams too?

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Wow what a start! A huge hit then a huge run. Looked like a bad start for Monmouth but then rips a 94 yard rushing TD.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 12:07 PM
Guerriero is a monster!! wow!

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
Well ****. That is a bad start.

Daytripper
Boom!!!

No_Skill
Not watching. What happened?

Bisonator
Wow what a start for the Hawks!

Schism55
December 7th, 2019, 12:08 PM
As the legendary Dick Enberg would say, Ohhh Myyyy xeyebrowx

Go Lehigh TU owl

95 yard TD run...

Guerriero has a NFL future.

Schism55
Monmouth 94 yard TD run first play

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2019, 12:09 PM

eventually? how bout first play

KSUFAN
December 7th, 2019, 12:09 PM
Go Hawks! Pete is fast! 94yd TD run

Daytripper
December 7th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Points gonna be scored today.

Bisonator
Looking like a shootout in the making.

Go Lehigh TU owl
JMU responds with little resistance! Monmouth might put up some points with Pete but no way in hell is their defense going to contain all these Duke weapons.

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 12:14 PM
Missed tackle and JMU takes it to the house.
Hawks 7
Dooks 7
1Q 12:46

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 12:14 PM
Points gonna be scored today.
because of one run play ???

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Wow this is crazy!!!!!

Lorne_Malvo
Neither team has a defense.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
Jesus Christ.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Monmouth with a kickoff return of a TD!! holy ****!!

Bisonator
Holy crap what a game!

Daytripper
Oh my lord. Never seen anything like this.

Chalupa Batman
Oh. My. God.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Schism55
December 7th, 2019, 12:17 PM
Holy shyte xbowx

Bison56
Monmouth returns kick for TD!
Hawks 14
Dooks 7
1Q 12:33

Monmouth has some speed.

Kemo
Hope you bet the over...

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Wow. KO return for another one. Wonder what Monmouth"s offense looks like? This one is crazy.

Hammerhead
How often do you see a team with one play from scrimmage have 14 points on the board?

Bison56
Wow. KO return for another one. Wonder what Monmouth"s offense looks like? This one is crazy.

They did run 1 play.

GoBlueHens83
December 7th, 2019, 12:19 PM
I guess a bye week didn't do JMU any favors.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Monmouth returns kick for TD!
Hawks 14
Dooks 7
1Q 12:33

Monmouth has some speed.
uh .. ok ... so two plays ... yeesh !!!!

Daytripper
December 7th, 2019, 12:20 PM
JMU fans not sure what to think.

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 12:20 PM
JMU D is getting plenty of rest so far.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 12:21 PM
JMU D is getting plenty of rest so far.

that has to have Monmouth pretty nervous at this point

xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 12:21 PM
If I'm JMU I can almost live with that. No chance those type of scoring plays continues. Monmouth still has to drive the ball and execute to have a chance to win this. The Dukes are going to go up and down the field.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 12:23 PM
If I'm JMU I can almost live with that. No chance those type of scoring plays continues. Monmouth still has to drive the ball and execute to have a chance to win this. The Dukes are going to go up and down the field.

this, but damn ..... could put a team on their heels for a bit and snowball

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 12:28 PM
JMU is just going at Monmouth physically. The Hawks will be dead by the 3rd quarter....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 12:29 PM
TD JMU! Monmouth better have another answer.....

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 12:29 PM
Monmouth d will be wore out before 2nd Q

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 12:31 PM
first downs are 10 to 1 ... it will take a toll at some point.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 12:36 PM
That could have been a TD with a better pass from Bahar...

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Cant miss wide open guys.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 12:38 PM
JMU with a blocked punt. Monmouth is in deep doodie...

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Big blocked punt by the Dukes at their own 49.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 12:41 PM
TD Dukes!!

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Just turned on game. Monmouth defense is a sieve .. they have zero aswers on that side of ball

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 12:42 PM
21-14 Dukes lead with 421 to go 1st quarter. JMU with 3 touchdowns on 3 drives.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 12:43 PM
The Monmouth start was the equal of a 20 hdcp starting birdie/eagle. Reality always hits.....

Daytripper
December 7th, 2019, 12:44 PM
The planets are back in alignment.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Hawks must get a TD on this drive.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 12:54 PM
The Monmouth start was the equal of a 20 hdcp starting birdie/eagle. Reality always hits.....
may need to resort to a few gimmicks

https://y.yarn.co/8a4b414e-0f32-4fc6-b0a2-828995c889ff_screenshot.jpg
(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjY3cD9mqTmAhXIIDQIHf4OCcEQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgetyarn.io%2Fyarn-clip%2F8a4b414e-0f32-4fc6-b0a2-828995c889ff&psig=AOvVaw0P3fnD9baqMxH7d7dVA9jH&ust=1575830971178968)

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Wow, not a very good home crowd from the looks of things.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
Not a great start for the Dukes D and Special Teams.

Redbird 4th & short
think that is TD ... but was it offensive PI

taper
The highest combined NCAA football score was D2 West Texas A&M at Abilene Christian in 2008. 68-93, 161 total. This game is actually well below pace to beat that after one quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Wow, not a very good home crowd from the looks of things.

I agree. I was going to mention that. Maybe half full? maybe?

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 12:57 PM
it has to be TD overule

Go Lehigh TU owl
think that is TD ... but was it offensive PI

I think he pushed off too. Looked rather blatant since he used both arms...

Lorne_Malvo
Thats a TD

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Very impressed with Monmouth’s offensive start. Need to see some defense, but the Big South champs aren’t looking too bad. Hope they hang in there for all 4!

Bison56
Monmouth D getting a much needed break from getting run over.

ElCid
I agree. I was going to mention that. Maybe half full? maybe?

No less, 35-40%, maybe. Lots of empty seats.

Wow, now calling it a TD. Thought so.

katss07
December 7th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Think this says more about how good Monmouth really is. Bahar has looked bad, their defense has looked awful and they’re tied at 21.

All week I’ve heard about how good this JMU defense is. Daka has been an animal but other than that MU can hang.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 01:01 PM
I think he pushed off too. Looked rather blatant since he used both arms...
and it was not a 50/50 thing with tangled arms. It was mostly the offensive guy creating contact and he got the separation as a result

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 01:02 PM
DeNucci just embarrassed a Monmouth defender in the open field....

Peems
December 7th, 2019, 01:02 PM
JMU will win by two scores at least

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 01:04 PM
Think this says more about how good Monmouth really is. Bahar has looked bad, their defense has looked awful and they’re tied at 21.

All week I’ve heard about how good this JMU defense is. Daka has been an animal but other than that MU can hang.

they've had one drive, plus one play and one return. I don't think it says anything just yet. See if their offense keeps finding ways .. right now, still thinking JMU wears them down earlier than later. But yes, they are making plays early.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 01:04 PM
and it was not a 50/50 thing with tangled arms. It was mostly the offensive guy creating contact and he got the separation as a result

That's ok, JMU has gotten away with a couple holds as well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 01:05 PM
TD Dukes!

Peems
December 7th, 2019, 01:06 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a defense bite that hard on a read option

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 01:06 PM
they've had one drive, plus one play and one return. I don't think it says anything just yet. See if their offense keeps finding ways .. right now, still thinking JMU wears them down earlier than later. But yes, they are making plays early.

People keep saying this, but I don't see Monmouth going away easily. Maybe, but I am not convinced yet that they will be worn.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 01:08 PM
monmouth defense is awful .. not even putting up any kind of fight most plays. I know JMU is good, but looking way to easy. JMU has 17 1st downs and the game is not even at the one-third point.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 01:10 PM
monmouth defense is awful .. not even putting up any kind of fight most plays. I know JMU is good, but looking way to easy. JMU has 17 1st downs and the game is not even at the one-third point.

Holy Cross gave them trouble and the Crusader's "O" is below average by FCS standards.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 01:15 PM
People keep saying this, but I don't see Monmouth going away easily. Maybe, but I am not convinced yet that they will be worn.
but this game is 2 big plays from being a 28-7 game ... and probably now going to 35 and were not even halfway into Q2

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 01:16 PM
but this game is 2 big plays from being a 28-7 game ... and probably now going to 35 and were not even halfway into Q2

Monmouth is completely outclassed. This is going to be ugly when its all said and done....

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 01:16 PM
denucci gettting a little cocky .. better take care of that ball

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 01:20 PM

can I "this" my own post ?? Denucci needs to settle down .. keeping it too much when he has weapons all around him.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 01:22 PM
JMU settles for a FG. Still a solid drive. Now even more pressure on Monmouth "O"....

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 01:23 PM
That was a win for Monouth D, now the Hawks O has to get points.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 01:23 PM

He was handling the ball a little far from his body a couple times.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 01:24 PM
MOnmouth has 9 carries for 6 yards since the 94 yard run

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 01:25 PM
This game is over.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 01:25 PM
3 and out for the Monmouth offense. JMU defense has overall played pretty good.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 01:26 PM
He was handling the ball a little far from his body a couple times.
yes, and keeping it more than he should

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 01:29 PM
Now why wouldn't that be offsetting penalties ??? Clearly the defensive player provoked the RB in plain sight.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 01:29 PM
Stupid and totally unnecessary penalty on JMU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 01:32 PM
TD Dukes!! They are rolling! I'm pretty sure they get the ball to start the second half...

Daytripper
December 7th, 2019, 01:32 PM
Dukes could put a hundred up if they want.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 01:34 PM
xlolx ok so that is a little insulting but amusing ... anyone else hear the theme song to Titanic playing in background after that TD ???

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 01:36 PM
Dooks classy as usual.

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 01:41 PM
oh my ... would have been another JMU TD ... nice timeout for Monmouth sideline !!!

knit35
December 7th, 2019, 01:42 PM
oh my ... would have been another JMU TD ... nice timeout for Monmouth sideline !!!

JMU called timeout. Hahahahahahaha unfortunate

Redbird 4th & short
oh my my my ..

Go Lehigh TU owl
LOL...that dude just spiked the second one...

ElCid
Actually it probably wouldn't have been a TD. Monmouth players pulled up before play got going.

But they did block it second time.

Christiank22
December 7th, 2019, 01:49 PM
Dooks classy as usual.

Yeah they’re quite full of themselves for winning 1 championship in 10 years

knit35
December 7th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Great start to the second half for the Dukes

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 02:16 PM
JMU defense stuffs Monmouth on 4th and 1!!

knit35
December 7th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Great start

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 02:23 PM
TD Dukes!! Cignetti needs to start thinking about the big picture.

Dukes 52-21 3:51 3Q

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 7th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Sans the two big plays by Monmouth, this is shaping up exactly as expected.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Sans the two big plays by Monmouth, this is shaping up exactly as expected.

Absolutely! It was fool's gold for Monmouth. Midway through the 1st quarter it was clear Monmouth was in over their heads....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 02:28 PM
That might be the weakest unsportmanslike penalty in the history of college football. Refs trying to save Monmouth....

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 7th, 2019, 02:28 PM
What the **** was that flag by the ref? Are you kidding me? He put his hands on his hips and walked away. Not talking either.

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 02:31 PM
More Dooks class.

knit35
December 7th, 2019, 02:32 PM
Time for JMU to get out with no injuries or silly things. Monmouth players trying to get someone to do something silly.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 02:34 PM
The only thing JMU should worry about perhaps is this game not really preparing them for next week. I really don't think SDSU or UNI can beat them but if nothing else both are definitely a step above Monmouth.

jmu007
December 7th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Took a few minutes to Knock off the bye week rust, but ultimately went as expected. Actually a little better than expected. 4th quarter as i write this and still no punts hahahahaha

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 02:44 PM
TD Dukes! They've been extremely impressive. They've done exactly what a great team should!

59-21 8;43 4Q

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 7th, 2019, 02:53 PM
66-21, Dukes with a Pick-6

jmu007
December 7th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Ha, ESPN summed it up. Ballgame!

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 02:57 PM
Wow, Monmouth D needs some work. Their O has been their D for most of the year by scoring and playing keep away. Can't do that against a team with both a good O and D. They should have been able to keep it closer. JMU looked real good though.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 02:58 PM
This game also proves imo why teams like Holy Cross have no business in the playoffs. They're closer to the last ranked FCS team than they are competing for a title....

jmu007
December 7th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Queue the Xbox achievement box... “wins playoff game with 0 punts “

DFW HOYA
December 7th, 2019, 03:29 PM
This game also proves imo why teams like Holy Cross have no business in the playoffs. They're closer to the last ranked FCS team than they are competing for a title....

Then does any PL team deserve the playoffs, or just Lehigh and Colgate?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Then does any PL team deserve the playoffs, or just Lehigh and Colgate?

Holy Cross's 2009 team definitely did. As did some of those Fordham squads.

Monmouth and the Big South are light years ahead of the PL.

Dukie95
December 7th, 2019, 04:22 PM
After the opening play, Guerrerio had 10 carries for 12 yards.

Dukie95
December 7th, 2019, 04:25 PM
In fact, as a team, Monmouth had 93 net yards rushing with a long of 93.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2019, 05:01 PM
Congrats to the Dukes!

BDKJMU
December 7th, 2019, 05:49 PM
Why?

BDKJMU
December 7th, 2019, 06:00 PM
They were worn. Very.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 06:08 PM
They were worn. Very.

Yeah, but they shouldn't have been. Their D needs a lot of work. I said it earlier, but they can't simply depend on their O. Come up against a good D and their O can't carry the load. Too many teams like this out there. Also, I am pretty sure you will cruise next week. Your D may not even have to work very hard.xlolx

Sader87
December 7th, 2019, 06:37 PM
Holy Cross's 2009 team definitely did. As did some of those Fordham squads.

Monmouth and the Big South are light years ahead of the PL.

HC was right there with Monmouth last week....not saying they could have won, but Monmouth is not light years ahead of HC.

Colgate beat JMU recently in the playoffs.....it is what it is, FCS football, some years teams are going to step up, sometimes not.

You are very apocalyptic on the PL, not shared by most at HC...most HC football fans are very bullish on the future.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 06:40 PM
HC was right there with Monmouth last week....not saying they could have won, but Monmouth is not light years ahead of HC.

Colgate beat JMU recently in the playoffs.....it is what it is, FCS football, some years teams are going to step up, sometimes not.

You are very apocalyptic on the PL, not shared by most at HC...most HC football fans are very bullish on the future.

HC was not right there with Monmouth last week. Monmouth controlled that game from the start. It was never close...lol

Colgate did beat them twice but also caught a huge break in that both times they caught the Dukes with their head coach having one foot out the door. With that said, Colgate's team last year was legit and their dominance during the regular season and Top 10 final ranking reflected that.

You can be "bullish" all you want. HC lost a lot of talent from a 7-6 team and enter 2020 with major questions at QB and on offense in general. Sure they got a great coach but their talent level is nowhere close given the PL restrictions. Keep dreaming...

Sader87
December 7th, 2019, 06:49 PM
HC was right there...MU bailed out on a bad PI call on 3rd&long, deep in their own territory up 26-13 mid 3rd...not saying HC wins but changes complexion of game.

Lot of good talent headed or already in Wisstahhh....we'll be fine, believe me.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2019, 06:51 PM
The PL is terrible right now.

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2019, 06:54 PM
Was hoping Monmouth could keep it close, but JMU is nasty.

I was impressed by the Hawks this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 06:56 PM
HC was right there...MU bailed out on a bad PI call on 3rd&long, deep in their own territory up 26-13 mid 3rd...not saying HC wins but changes complexion of game.

Lot of good talent headed or already in Wisstahhh....we'll be fine, believe me.

The HC defender was on his back. Then on the very next play the committed another PI to save a TD. It did not change the complexion of the game. HC's defense had no answers for Monmonth's offense and were on their heels all game. HC must get more athletic on D and stronger in the trenches

HC will have their hands full dealing with Colgate next year. Chesney has to shake up the offense; if that means sending Murphy packing so be it. You can't compete nationally with the type of offense the Crusaders have fielded the last two years.

Chensey will be gone before this year's recruiting class are juniors. The window is small. Next year's schedule is a little more favorable. I do think 8-3 is reasonable.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 07:00 PM
The PL is terrible right now.

Exactly. HC didn't even control their destiny heading into the penultimate weekend because they lost at home to terrible Lafayette team. They were the tallest midge this year an 87 thinks they're headed for "big things" next year. I love messing with him because he lives in a fantasy land circa 1987. One minute he'll tell you HC is on the fast track to national prominence then the next he'll be saying the playoffs are a joke and HC should not participate because the PL destroyed their program and "no one cares".

Sader87
December 7th, 2019, 07:07 PM
The FCS playoffs are a joke and the PL did kill HC football....that being said, HC will keep improving under Chesney....future is bright

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 07:17 PM
The FCS playoffs are a joke and the PL did kill HC football....that being said, HC will keep improving under Chesney....future is bright

Yet the ultimate irony is Holy Cross's greatest success over the last 50 years came while in the PL. The 1960's and 1970's were both losing decades for Holy Cross despite playing a watered down 1-A schedule. The sad truth that you refuse to accept (and the records absolutely prove this) that Holy Cross has been a below average program for the better part of 50 years ago regardless of conference affiliation or scholarship situation is what gets me. Using the PL as an excuse for HC's football failures for the last half century is pathetic. You're a good soul but you suffer from legit delusion at times. It's bizarre....

Sorry to hijack this thread but reality had to be addressed. Monmouth will continue to kick the PL's ass. 10 in a row and rolling.

JMU should be able to shutdown UNI and wear them out. Early thought, 34-13?

Sader87
December 7th, 2019, 07:32 PM
Holy Cross was very good at the 1-AA level prior to joining/starting the PL...you are ill iinformed my good Sir.

Admittedly, HC did struggle as an 1-A indy for most of the 60s and 70s....

Monmouth wishes they had the support, facilities etc HC has moving forward.

Derby City Duke
December 7th, 2019, 07:38 PM
Why?

Shame on me. I wrote that before I took the time last night to watch their 1st playoff game (I had watched most of their game vs. KSU from earlier in the season). I thought their lines were a little bigger than they actually were. Once I saw that they were fairly small, I figured our lines would wear them out over time.

Bad initial call on my part.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Holy Cross was very good at the 1-AA level prior to joining/starting the PL...you are ill iinformed my good Sir.

Admittedly, HC did struggle as an 1-A indy for most of the 60s and 70s....

So was Lehigh (Finalist & Semifinalist) and Colgate. Lehigh was in fact a better 1-AA program prior to joining the PL than HC. Their rivarly with UD was often to determine Northeast 1-AA supremacy.

Holy Cross has yet to win a 1-AA/FCS playoff game. They had one 1-AA playoff appearance ('83) prior to joining the PL. Record as a 1-AA program (joined 1-AA in '81), 6-5, 8-3, 9-2-1 (playoffs), 8-3, 4-6-1, solid and a lot like Gilmore's first few years.

Sader87
December 7th, 2019, 07:52 PM
Joined 1-AA in 82 actually...would have made playoffs in 84 but decided to play BC instead.

Holy Cross was better than Lehigh from 1982-84....continued to be better than Lehigh while PL phased in, scholarships dropped off from 1986-1991.

1985 HC season was a one-off bizarre season.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2019, 11:04 AM
What the **** was that flag by the ref? Are you kidding me? He put his hands on his hips and walked away. Not talking either.

He did the same thing on the previous play and while he was posing in front of the Monmouth bench One of his teammates was chasing the fumble

Blue Waves Crest
December 8th, 2019, 12:42 PM
xlolx ok so that is a little insulting but amusing ... anyone else hear the theme song to Titanic playing in background after that TD ???

Lol I thought it was funny

Blue Waves Crest
December 8th, 2019, 01:01 PM

Lol we do? Can you reference something other than HC having started football over 100 years ago and having a holdover stadium that seats way more people than actually attend a game in the modern era? That’s more of a coincidence than “having support, facilities, etc”. You’re kind of suggesting HC sports is on a better trajectory institutionally than Monmouth.

I’d love to hear what others think on this, but I would rather be a young growing program believing it’s best football is in the windshield than an old atrophying program with its best football in its rear view mirror. I do respect tradition but I don’t accept is as a reason for saying one program is in better shape than another. know I sound triggered but you poked the bear LOL [emoji23]

Blue Waves Crest
December 8th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Credit to JMU for being absolute studs. You guys are the real deal. I’m glad we got the first couple punches in and it looked like we were in for a fight, but you guys outlasted the Hawks. I don’t think having such distorted TOP numbers early in the game helped the MU defense (probably accelerated the fatigue) but not making excuses. A stop here or a stop there would’ve went a long way to keeping them in the game. Best of luck to the Dukes, hope you guys go all the way

Bisonoline
December 9th, 2019, 12:19 AM

Or is it the fact that HC is the joke? I think its called projection.

Sader87
December 9th, 2019, 06:28 AM
Lol we do? Can you reference something other than HC having started football over 100 years ago and having a holdover stadium that seats way more people than actually attend a game in the modern era? That’s more of a coincidence than “having support, facilities, etc”. You’re kind of suggesting HC sports is on a better trajectory institutionally than Monmouth.

I’d love to hear what others think on this, but I would rather be a young growing program believing it’s best football is in the windshield than an old atrophying program with its best football in its rear view mirror. I do respect tradition but I don’t accept is as a reason for saying one program is in better shape than another. know I sound triggered but you poked the bear LOL [emoji23]

https://www.holycross.edu/becomemore/campaign-priorities/empowering-athletics-health-and-wellness/luth-complex-wellness-center

Blue Waves Crest
December 9th, 2019, 11:27 PM
https://www.holycross.edu/becomemore/campaign-priorities/empowering-athletics-health-and-wellness/luth-complex-wellness-center

Do you really think that’s strong support for Monmouth wishing it was Holy Cross, an indoor practice facility? When I think of “wishing I was another program” thats normally looking up at someone way more impressive, no offense. That’s like palatial weight rooms and pimped out locker rooms and training tables and several thousand more seats in a stadium THAT ARE FILLED. If a JMU fan said “you wish your program was like ours” that would be a lot more palatable. Your example would be like me saying Holy Cross hoops wishes it was Monmouth because we have a beautiful arena when really Holy Cross wishes it was Gonzaga. Catch my drift?

Holy Cross really doesn’t come to mind on the list of programs I wish Monmouth was like. I’d rather my alma mater have a winning record in a better conference, coaching continuity, to be signing progressively better recruiting classes each year and not shrinking in national relevance but growing in national relevance, which it is. I don’t mean to be derogatory but when you say my program wishes it was yours I’m going to defend mine lol

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2019, 06:27 AM

like I've been saying I would take Schor any day

MR. CHICKEN
December 14th, 2019, 08:07 AM
..........YEH YAH........."NOOCH".........WAS UH WOBBLY WEEBLE.......X-POSED BAH PANTHERS.......LOOKED LIKE DON KNOTTS......OUTDERE.........WANTED NO PART......UH DEM JOHN DEERE'S........BAWK!