PDA

View Full Version : Kennesaw State @ Weber State

GreatGreatGreat
December 1st, 2019, 11:53 AM
Fresh off of their upset(?) victory over Wofford, the Owls come to Ogden to face the #3 seeded Weber State Wildcats. Triple option offense vs a run heavy offense. KSU defense looked impressive against Wofford. Weber's defensive strength is the front 7. Do the owls like cold weather? High of 39 for the game. No snow in the forecast (yet). My take is Weber wins this one 31-21.

ksu_owls
December 1st, 2019, 12:24 PM
Excited for the game! I learn the most about FCS when the Owls get to play good teams (doesn't happen often lol).

I bought into the AGS doubt of KSU/Wofford and I was pleasantly surprised. I noticed that compughter ratings has our defense ranked 100 spots worse than Weber (86 overall vs 186), but I'm pretty sure there's not that much discrepancy.

I believe Weber St will be prepared to make a statement. This game will rely heavily on our defense, which just held Wofford to 90 total yards at the half, which was only possible because we held them to 11:37 TOP for the first half. The second half was a completely different ball game. Watching the first half, I felt like we would strangle Wofford and find a way to score again to win. Once our starting QB went down, I was afraid we wouldn't move the ball at all. Then enters the greatest 3rd string QB of all of 2019 in the FCS-- Jonathan Murphy. Before last night he only had 18 snaps all year (all of which were in crap time against the weakest of our weak SOS). There's a weird feeling of an advantage having Murphy at QB. Other than the 25 plays against Wofford (about 14 mins of possession in total), there's no Murphy KSU film.

Wofford has a good defense, at least that's what AGS told me. Murphy jumped into a game plan that didn't consider him as the leader and made it look easy. I'm excited to see what the coaches do with a week to throw in some packages that are centered around his strengths.

Like I said, this one is on our defense. I'll take my chances on Offense with the new kid, he's been preparing for this moment and that showed last night.

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2019, 01:36 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49152500556_97d2253242_o.jpg

#1 rushing offense in the FCS vs the #9 rushing defense in the FCS. This should be a good matchup. It's no secret what the key is for both teams.

Statistically Kennesaw St looks more like the #3 seed than Weber St does but Weber just seems to know how to win. Both of these teams are seasoned playoff squads so there's no advantage there either for the home team. I mentioned it in the upsets thread but Kennesaw St (along with Illinois St) is trying to snap a 15 game losing streak in the FCS playoffs for teams playing back-to-back road games. Can they do it? They've got a puncher's chance but I'd expect Weber to win.

BurialGround
December 1st, 2019, 01:38 PM
I just hope we're able to field a team with all the injuries we've had!

cx500d
December 1st, 2019, 01:47 PM
I think Weber is a paper tiger

I Bleed Purple
December 1st, 2019, 01:53 PM

That doesn't make any sense. Paper tigers are great offensive powerhouses with no defense. Weber is, like, the opposite of that.

cx500d
December 1st, 2019, 01:56 PM
That doesn't make any sense. Paper tigers are great offensive powerhouses with no defense. Weber is, like, the opposite of that.
Also not impressed with their education system...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/paper%20tiger

JacksFan40
December 1st, 2019, 02:02 PM
If KSU wins it’ll be because Weber struggles defending the triple option. Or if Weber plays like they did against Montana.

cx500d
December 1st, 2019, 02:05 PM
If KSU wins it’ll be because Weber struggles defending the triple option. Or if Weber plays like they did against Montana.
@#SouthernSpeedtm

ksu_owls
December 1st, 2019, 02:07 PM

Weber St could lose this game because they aren't as good as a rebuilding/injured KSU, but I doubt anyone will see it that way if it happens...

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2019, 02:14 PM
I have a good feeling about this matchup for KSU. Weber St is a solid team, but they've never seen anything like the Owls option attack. Jonathan Murphy is the breakout player of the postseason.

cx500d
December 1st, 2019, 02:17 PM
Agree with hottyhow, owls are unstoppable. GrillState has no chance.

Bison56
December 1st, 2019, 02:41 PM
My favorite line during the playoffs "but they've never seen anything like"

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2019, 03:02 PM
This matchup is going to be fun. These two programs have combined for 7 playoff wins since 2016. Hopefully the Turnover Plank makes the trip to Ogden.

GreatGreatGreat
December 1st, 2019, 03:19 PM
No one who has watched us play this year could call us a paper tiger. We have had to grind out wins all year. Good defense, good special teams, adequate offense. We don’t win pretty, we just win.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2019, 03:22 PM

maybe the Big Sky is nothing more than a clay pigeon, Target practice commences next Saturday

Grizzlies82
December 1st, 2019, 04:38 PM
Option teams are often difficult for schools out west. They are seen so infrequently. Cal Poly being the only one out here. Seems a Big Sky team may need a quarter or so to dial in on defending an option team.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Kennesaw even took a lead into halftime. Though I don't see this as a close game. Weber State will ultimately bury them.

fencer24
December 1st, 2019, 05:07 PM
I have a good feeling about this matchup for KSU. Weber St is a solid team, but they've never seen anything like the Owls option attack. Jonathan Murphy is the breakout player of the postseason.

What's different in the KSU Triple Option than other TOs? Cal Poly was killing a lot of teams in the conference until people started to figure out how to defend it. The biggest problem I have seen is when a TO team is down two scores, they almost never are able to get back into the game.

TheKingpin28
December 1st, 2019, 05:45 PM

Not that Cal Poly runs a TO offense. xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2019, 07:22 PM
Weber wins this by a lot.....xnodx

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2019, 08:15 PM
What's different in the KSU Triple Option than other TOs? Cal Poly was killing a lot of teams in the conference until people started to figure out how to defend it. The biggest problem I have seen is when a TO team is down two scores, they almost never are able to get back into the game.

KSU's offense is a version of Paul Johnson's flexbone. Coach Johnson is the Godfather of the modern triple option. It's unique even among option systems. That doesn't mean it's unstoppable though. Monmouth shut it down completely. But it's really hard to stop if you have never seen it before.

uni88
December 1st, 2019, 08:29 PM
KSU's offense is a version of Paul Johnson's flexbone. Coach Johnson is the Godfather of the modern triple option. It's unique even among option systems. That doesn't mean it's unstoppable though. Monmouth shut it down completely. But it's really hard to stop if you have never seen it before.How is it unique?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2019, 09:02 PM
How is it unique?

https://youtu.be/l34MD8VNFo4

Bisonoline
December 1st, 2019, 09:30 PM
KSU's offense is a version of Paul Johnson's flexbone. Coach Johnson is the Godfather of the modern triple option. It's unique even among option systems. That doesn't mean it's unstoppable though. Monmouth shut it down completely. But it's really hard to stop if you have never seen it before.

Its not rocket science in how to defend it. Its called assignment football. Your players have to be very disciplined. Look no further than Iowa vs GT in the Orange Bowl and NDSU vs GSU in 2011-2012.

uni88
December 1st, 2019, 09:32 PM
Its not rocket science in how to defend it. Its called assignment football. Your players have to be very disciplined. Look no further than Iowa vs GT in the Orange Bowl and NDSU vs GSU in 2011-2012.[emoji106] Do your job and trust your teammates to do theirs.

GreatGreatGreat
December 1st, 2019, 10:00 PM
https://youtu.be/l34MD8VNFo4
Sorry but I would dare say our defensive line is amongst the best in all of FCS. A lot of those single blocks ain’t gonna happen. May be a feast for our linebackers. I’m more afraid of a spread west coast offense then I am of a triple option. We have big mean Polynesian lineman in our neck of the woods :D

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2019, 11:57 PM
Running the option isn't like running the same play over and over. If you key on one thing (not just one player, or one read), like all offenses, the OC will adjust.

KSU saw something on the film with how Wofford defended the citadel, adjusted, came in and had success.

There's a cat and mouse game in all offenses. What makes the triple option hard to defend is variation you can see in one lineup on a single formation. What makes it "easy" to defend is that the style of play just isn't great for throwing the ball or getting chunk yardage in a third and long situation.

There are teams that execute better with the TO than others, just as there are better air raid offenses or pro offenses than others. KSU may run a similar offense to Cal Poly, but their execution and ability is far greater, comparable to, say, the difference between Samford with Devlin Hodges at QB compared to Charleston Southern's current air raid.

What makes option teams vulnerable is not the fact that they run the option, it's that committing to the option to the degree that they do takes away from other dimensions that are necessary to get you out of a bind. Every offense runs option. "Triple option" offenses just run less of everything else.

I like KSU in this one. Maybe I'm biased.

But if they do win, I fully look forward to everyone applying the same general criticism toward Weber as Wofford. They won't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

uofmman1122
December 2nd, 2019, 12:03 AM
Running the option isn't like running the same play over and over. If you key on one thing (not just one player, or one read), like all offenses, the OC will adjust.

KSU saw something on the film with how Wofford defended the citadel, adjusted, came in and had success.

There's a cat and mouse game in all offenses. What makes the triple option hard to defend is variation you can see in one lineup on a single formation. What makes it "easy" to defend is that the style of play just isn't great for throwing the ball or getting chunk yardage in a third and long situation.

There are teams that execute better with the TO than others, just as there are better air raid offenses or pro offenses than others. KSU may run a similar offense to Cal Poly, but their execution and ability is far greater, comparable to, say, the difference between Samford with Devlin Hodges at QB compared to Charleston Southern's current air raid.

What makes option teams vulnerable is not the fact that they run the option, it's that committing to the option to the degree that they do takes away from other dimensions that are necessary to get you out of a bind. Every offense runs option. "Triple option" offenses just run less of everything else.

But if they do win, I fully look forward to everyone applying the same general criticism toward Weber as Wofford. They won't.

You? Never. lol

Bison56
December 2nd, 2019, 06:52 AM
Weber St could lose this game because they aren't as good as a rebuilding/injured KSU, but I doubt anyone will see it that way if it happens...

Cute post.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2019, 07:21 AM
You? Never. lol

Everyone's biased. I drop the pretense.

ksu_owls
December 2nd, 2019, 08:34 AM
What I see from watching some of the Cal Poly game, Weber St capitalizes on opponents' mistakes. Cal Poly looked weak on defense and gave up a lot of extra yardage on the ground after contact.

I can't imagine Weber's defense being exceptionally better than Wofford's (based on what AGS has been saying about Wofford). I don't see KSU making some of the mistakes that Cal Poly made/were forced into. This should be a close game. The X factor is the new QB for KSU. He set a Big South QB rushing record on 23 carries in just over 2 quarters of play against Wofford.

I think Weber will kick a bunch of field goals and the Owls will stay in it to pull away at the end by forcing a big turnover.

HootyHoo
December 2nd, 2019, 09:06 AM
My favorite line during the playoffs "but they've never seen anything like"

My favorite line is “KSU’s offense is similar to Cal Poly.”

fencer24
December 2nd, 2019, 09:39 AM
Everyone's biased. I drop the pretense.

Honest and Humble!!

100%GRIZ
December 2nd, 2019, 10:21 AM
Should be an interesting game. Wonder if weather will play a roll?

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2019, 12:26 PM
I get a kick out of every team that runs the option saying theirs is unique and nearly unstoppable.......xcoffeex

Houndawg
December 2nd, 2019, 03:38 PM

What makes them vulnerable is the opportunities to fumble

ElCid
December 2nd, 2019, 04:00 PM
What makes them vulnerable is the opportunities to fumble

Yes and no. The two TO teams in the SC lost fumbles, on average less than one a game. Wofford lost two all year!? Samford and VMI, two pass happy teams, lost fumbles almost or as much as we did. Opportunities to fumble? Sure, but that doesn't always translate into actuals. But since we fumbled many more we didn't lose, they screwed up drives for sure here and there. Execution, execution, execution. I've seen us, and Wofford, and years back GaSo, execute it perfectly an entire game. And I've seen some silly balls dropped too many times. I guess you could say air raid offenses make them vulnerable to interceptions as well and yet VMI only threw 4 Ints this entire year in 471 passes thrown. Execution, .........

ksu_owls
December 2nd, 2019, 04:16 PM
Wofford lost two all year!?

They lost two fumbles against KSU on Saturday. We had one from the new QB on 4th and inches on his second drive, he settled in and made up for it. Weber St looks reallllly good but I think they will have to beat us through the air. I don't see them running very successfully on us.

ElCid
December 2nd, 2019, 05:14 PM
They lost two fumbles against KSU on Saturday. We had one from the new QB on 4th and inches on his second drive, he settled in and made up for it. Weber St looks reallllly good but I think they will have to beat us through the air. I don't see them running very successfully on us.

Yeah, I had the prior weeks stats. So they doubled their lost fumbles in one game. Yikes!

KSUFAN
December 4th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Kennesaw press conference
https://youtu.be/zjpu47rEwds

GreatGreatGreat
December 4th, 2019, 06:42 PM
https://www.abc4.com/sports/weber-state-head-coach-jay-hill-joins-real-sports-live-4/

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2019, 09:17 AM
I get a kick out of every team that runs the option saying theirs is unique and nearly unstoppable.......xcoffeex

Weber rolls in this game.

100%GRIZ
December 6th, 2019, 09:49 AM
I think it will be a competative game & obviously am rooting for Kennesaw State! Should be an interesting match-up & I don't see it being a cakewalk for Weber!

ksu_owls
December 6th, 2019, 01:58 PM
I think it will be a competative game & obviously am rooting for Kennesaw State! Should be an interesting match-up & I don't see it being a cakewalk for Weber!

My thoughts exactly. There's no reason the #2 Big South team should travel to Utah and win this game, but KSU is a solid squad that won't go down easy. With both Bryant and Murphy ready to go at QB, I hope coach uses both of their strengths in different packages to keep moving the ball against Weber. If they win big I'd guess it was an early air raid that opened up the rushing game. If we can get some early stops on defense we can hang in there and win this one.

cx500d
December 6th, 2019, 01:59 PM

It wasn't obvious until you said it

Grizalltheway
December 6th, 2019, 02:05 PM
It wasn't obvious until you said it
It should have been to someone whose team lost the only time they've had to go on the road in the playoffs.;)

cx500d
December 6th, 2019, 02:25 PM
It should have been to someone whose team lost the only time they've had to go on the road in the playoffs.;)

Sure, dredge up ancient history

putter
December 6th, 2019, 03:02 PM

Guess we won't mention the JMU game.... keep that a secret for a couple weeks from now

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 6th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Nothing is prettier than the triple option when it is rolling.

MSUBobcat
December 6th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Nothing is prettier than the triple option when it is rolling.

Uhhhhh.... what???

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2019, 09:43 AM

I can agree with all of this, I'll be pulling for Kennesaw for maybe the first time ever..... Who was it that called Weber State a paper tiger? I think he might be right......

of course the problem for Kenny will be defending the Weber passing game, if as good as Monmouth's ..... game over

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 10:07 AM
I can agree with all of this, I'll be pulling for Kennesaw for maybe the first time ever..... Who was it that called Weber State a paper tiger? I think he might be right......

of course the problem for Kenny will be defending the Weber passing game, if as good as Monmouth's ..... game over

I’m excited to see what coach does with our QB situation. Murphy made Wofford look like a JV team, but Bryant is who brought consistency to our offense for the first time since last season. If we can defend the pass I like our chances. I see this being like a JSU/KSU game. Knock down drag out that could go either way. Or I could be way off and this ends up being ugly. We’ll see!!

KsawOwls
December 7th, 2019, 10:35 AM
Kennesaw wins 28-24

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2019, 11:05 AM
I’m excited to see what coach does with our QB situation. Murphy made Wofford look like a JV team, but Bryant is who brought consistency to our offense for the first time since last season. If we can defend the pass I like our chances. I see this being like a JSU/KSU game. Knock down drag out that could go either way. Or I could be way off and this ends up being ugly. We’ll see!!

go Murphy

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 11:30 AM
I got Weber 27-17. I do believe KSU can win this game but I got to favor the Wildcats at home with their defense....

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 11:38 AM
I got Weber 27-17. I do believe KSU can win this game but I got to favor the Wildcats at home with their defense....

I think Weber is incredibly talented. I want the Owls to go out and play like a top 10 team. If they do that they can win, won’t be easy but it’s possible!

HootyHoo
December 7th, 2019, 12:26 PM
20-17 Owls. It’s going to be a smash mouth style of game. Both teams like to run the ball and play tough hard nosed style of defense. A combined total of 7 playoff wins since 2016 between these two teams. Let’s see who wants #8.

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 02:08 PM
We force Weber into a 3 and out on their opening drive. Let’s see what Murphy can do in his first ever collegiate start!

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 02:11 PM
I am pretty sure Weber is not ready for KSU rushing attack. Everyone says they are, or thinks they will be, but few really are.

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Owls drive stops short and they settle for the FG. 3-0 KSU. Let’s go defense!!

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Good red zone D to hold them to a FG 3-3 with 6 mins left in the 1Q.

KSUFAN
December 7th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Weber already given up more yards rushing then there per game average! 107 in 1st qtr. 3-3

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 02:46 PM
10-3. Let’s go Owls!!

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 02:54 PM
10-9. Weber found out they can throw on us but then tried some stupid muddle huddle lol

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Well, Weber can;t stop KSU's rushing and it looks like KSU can't stop Weber's passing game. Let's see who corrects first.

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 03:06 PM
17-9 KSU. We need to get a stop on defense!

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 03:14 PM
Nice fake punt keeps Weber on the field after what would have been a 3 and out. They stall in FG range to make it 17-12

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 7th, 2019, 03:25 PM
KSU looking sharp.

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 03:26 PM
31260Great first half by the Owls. Let’s see if we can handle Weber’s halftime adjustments.

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Uncharacteristic turnover leads to a scoop and score for Weber. Not a good start to the 2H for the Owls.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Oops!

KSU choked on that one. Sloppy pitch.

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Owls are stuttering to start the 3rd. Need to see if the defense can bail them out until they get back into rhythm.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Looks like Weber adjusted better so far. But we haven't seen KSU's D yet.

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Weber executed some big plays on that drive. That’s what good teams do! Owls gota move the ball here to stay in it.

BurialGround
December 7th, 2019, 03:55 PM
We're not going to make any adjustments, we don't know how to stop the pass. Gonna have to score, but unfortunately, we're out of our game right now, getting desperate.

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 04:00 PM
If the offense doesn’t get going here it’ll be a long second half. Can’t come out cold against good teams like this.

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 04:13 PM
That was an ugly quarter. Hats off to Weber for coming out and making plays. Let’s see if the Owls can battle back in the 4th. 26-17

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Plank sure would be handy right here....

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Plank sure would be handy right here....

ALMOST! Dropped what would have been an easy pick 6. Owls take over after holding Weber.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Wow, that was easily targeting. How stupid on Weber player. No reason to.

BurialGround
December 7th, 2019, 04:30 PM
26-20, KSU's gotta hold here.

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 04:30 PM
26-20 with 8:31 to play. Weber to receive the kickoff. Let’s go defense!!

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 04:32 PM
PLANK!!!! Let’s go Owls!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 04:32 PM
Owls with an INT!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 04:36 PM
1st down KSU by literally an inch...

BurialGround
December 7th, 2019, 04:53 PM
Not a good play call on first down, and then we just had no way to do anything with second and long and so little time on the clock. Another close playoff loss for the Owls. Tough, but I can't wait to see what this young QB does in the future.

Go Lehigh TU owl
This one went about as I expected. KSU has nothing to be ashamed of. That was a tough, physical game that Weber definitely had to earn....

Bison56
See you next December HootyHoo

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 04:54 PM
I hate losing but I thought the Big South #2 Owls looked like they’ll be back for more next year. Not a bad rebuilding year!

adamsputnik
December 7th, 2019, 04:56 PM
Tough loss, but a good showing against a great defense. Couple of miscues cost us badly.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2019, 05:00 PM
Congrats to Weber!

I Bleed Purple
December 7th, 2019, 05:21 PM
Kennesaw's good.

Figured the option out in the second half.

Their defense is good. Sold out on run, making us rely on the weaker aspect. Came through, though.

ksu_owls
December 7th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Kennesaw's good.

Their defense is good. Sold out on run, making us rely on the weaker aspect. Came through, though.

I was proud of our effort. I’m excited to see how Murphy matures, he’s a talented kid that did pretty well in a tough situation. I think the Owls are a top 10 team that has room to grow. Congrats to Weber! Cheering for you guys the rest of the way!

- - - Updated - - -

Kennesaw's good.

I was proud of our effort. I’m excited to see how Murphy matures, he’s a talented kid that did pretty well in a tough situation. I think the Owls are a top 10 team that has room to grow. Congrats to Weber! Cheering for you guys the rest of the way!

I Bleed Purple
December 7th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Hill on the radio post game said Murphy was tons better than any other QB they've used this year.

GreatGreatGreat
December 7th, 2019, 05:45 PM
Good tough playoff game. Hats off to the Owls. We had everything but the pitch bottled up in the 1st half. They kept gashing us in the 1st half. Our corners were outphysicaled by KSU’s large WRs. Unconvinced that Kennesaw could throw we let our safety scream down to set the edge in the second half.

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Way to go, boys.

See you next weekend. xnodx

GreatGreatGreat
December 7th, 2019, 07:31 PM
Way to go, boys.

See you next weekend. xnodx
Same to you. I’m excited to play you guys again considering I think we beat ourselves up in Missoula. Not saying we’ll beat you this time but I think it’ll be a lot closer.

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2019, 07:55 PM
Same to you. I’m excited to play you guys again considering I think we beat ourselves up in Missoula. Not saying we’ll beat you this time but I think it’ll be a lot closer.
For sure.

Weber didn't look like they matched up with our physicality the first game, but now that y'all are mad about it, I have a feeling this is gonna be one hell of a physical game.

Hopefully we can buck the old "it's tough to beat a team twice" adage.

I Bleed Purple
December 8th, 2019, 12:38 AM
For sure.

Weber didn't look like they matched up with our physicality the first game, but now that y'all are mad about it, I have a feeling this is gonna be one hell of a physical game.

Hopefully we can buck the old "it's tough to beat a team twice" adage.

I thought it was more the bad snaps and skinny posts that did us in in Missoula. I mean, physicality could have played into focus, leading to the miscues, but the skinny post stuff has plagued the secondary all year.

Hopefully the triple option physical play will put us in the right mindset for Montana.

uofmman1122
December 8th, 2019, 02:15 AM
I thought it was more the bad snaps and skinny posts that did us in in Missoula. I mean, physicality could have played into focus, leading to the miscues, but the skinny post stuff has plagued the secondary all year.

Hopefully the triple option physical play will put us in the right mindset for Montana.
I mean, there were two skinny posts and two bad snaps, and those alone didn't get you guys in a 35-3 hole.

I think it'll be a much closer game than the last one, but if we can shut your running game down again, I like our chances.

GreatGreatGreat
December 8th, 2019, 10:52 AM
I mean, there were two skinny posts and two bad snaps, and those alone didn't get you guys in a 35-3 hole.

I think it'll be a much closer game than the last one, but if we can shut your running game down again, I like our chances.
Well, those 4 plays were directly related to 28 points so they were pretty important.

uofmman1122
December 8th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Well, those 4 plays were directly related to 28 points so they were pretty important.
Just like the fact that we didn’t score 45 was *directly related* to putting our subs in for most of the 4th quarter, I suppose. ;)

Grizalltheway
December 8th, 2019, 02:31 PM

Let's not forget about the fact that your offense was beaten into submission.

GreatGreatGreat
December 8th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Let's not forget about the fact that your offense was beaten into submission.
Yep. We were moving the ball well in the first half but didn’t capitalize. The hard hits made our guys timid/injured in the 2nd half. Once again, I’m looking forward to the rematch because I still think we just pissed down our legs in Missoula. I still think you’ll be favored but I still like our chances.

Catbooster
December 8th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Yep. We were moving the ball well in the first half but didn’t capitalize. The hard hits made our guys timid/injured in the 2nd half. Once again, I’m looking forward to the rematch because I still think we just pissed down our legs in Missoula. I still think you’ll be favored but I still like our chances.
I'm not sure - before this last round, I would have expected Weber to be favored, but after the Griz winning by such a big margin and Weber having a relatively close game, it wouldn't surprise me if the Griz are favored. Either way, both teams have had some bad games but also been dominant at other times. I don't think the Weber/Griz game earlier in the year accurately reflects either team.

I'd give Weber the edge, but either team is certainly capable of winning.