PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls State @ #1 NDSU

Pages : [1] 2

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2019, 06:41 PM
Here we go. Now we know who is coming to the FD next week.

Nicholls had an impressive showing in their ground game against UND. Now can they do it against the Bison defense?

#55 for Nicholls on defense looks pretty darn good and NDSU will need to contain him. Fourcade had a good day passing against UND 14/16 for 165 and 1 TD....efficient. Nicholls piled up 316 yards rushing but the NDSU defense is significantly better than UND's.

Can Nicholls slow down Trey Lance and the Bison offense? UND could not run the ball.....NDSU will be able to.

Interesting match up.

IMO, NDSU's power down hill running style will wear down Nicholls and NDSU will roll to an easy win.

NDSU has only had 2 teams score in the 20s and some of those scores were in garbage time. Can Nicholls score enough to win? Can Nicholls slow down the Bison offense? Hold them under 20?

Thoughts?

Hood
November 30th, 2019, 06:46 PM
Well there's a reason I call my fantasy football team "The Fargo Woodchippers." Lot of respect for your program (and the movie lol).

Don't worry, we'll supply our own body bags, we still have a surplus from the last hurricane. We might have won today, but there were mistakes you can't make against a Power 5 FBS team, much less NDSU. I know what I wrote.

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2019, 06:48 PM
Bring your own tent.

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2019, 06:52 PM
Bison by 4 TDs.

Oh wait, I've been told they might be a little down this year.

Bison by 3 TDs and 2 FGs.

POD Knows
November 30th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Nicholls in this one, too many tools on offense, too balanced. 35-27 Nicholls #BOOKIT They won't get jammed up by the officiating crew in Fargo like they did in LA, that should be worth at least two TD's.

Bison56
November 30th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Looking forward to seeing Nicholls in person. Its nice to get some different teams in the playoffs.

Hood
November 30th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Nicholls in this one, too many tools on offense, too balanced. 35-27 Nicholls #BOOKIT They won't get jammed up by the officiating crew in Fargo like they did in LA, that should be worth at least two TD's.I hear "The Onion" is hiring xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2019, 07:39 PM
UND passed for 272 yards on Nicholls. NDSU can run and pass. Going to tough for Nicholls to try and defend everything. Nicholls DC is going to have some sleepless nights this week....:D

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2019, 08:01 PM
I think Daejean Dixon will give the Bison problems. They haven't seen a lot of elite WRs this year and they've gotten burned by big-framed WRs earlier in the year like Cal Davis' duo of Harrell and Vaughn and UNI's Weston. Fourcade will also give them some issues with his mobility. The health of NDSU's #2 CB Josh Hayes and All-American WLB Jabril Cox (both have been dinged up towards the end of the regular season) will be key in ensuring the Bison defense can contain those two playmakers. Defensively Sully Laiche is a stud but the NDSU O-line has been on another level this year.

That said I think Nicholl's secondary is very suspect and they'll be loaded up to stop the run so Trey Lance should have plenty of options down the field in the passing game for NDSU. Nicholls' run defense looked good today against UND but they had allowed 144 rush yards per game on 4.17 yards per carry on the year and against NDSU's power run game those numbers can turn south in a hurry.

I obviously expect NDSU to win comfortably but Nicholls presents some unique challenges in the passing game that should test the Bison. Looking forward to the amped up playoff atmosphere in the Fargodome (even if the number of butts in seats is less than in previous years' 2nd round playoff games).

Outsider1
November 30th, 2019, 08:03 PM
I think Nicholls is probably the best matchup for you guys out of the SLC. Still, they will have trouble moving the ball and their defense will wear out. I hope for a good showing.

JayJ79
November 30th, 2019, 08:12 PM
Bring your own tent.
oh c'mon. at least find some tents and portapotties to set up outside the FargoDome to serve as their lockerroom

TheKingpin28
November 30th, 2019, 08:44 PM
It's always nice seeing teams from around the country and for those who make the trip to Fargo, it is an experience you will never forget.

Bisonator
November 30th, 2019, 08:45 PM
Looking forward to seeing Nicholls in person. Its nice to get some different teams in the playoffs.
This. Looking forward to seeing the Colonels in Fargo next weekend!

TennBison
November 30th, 2019, 08:55 PM
Bison by 4 TDs.

Oh wait, I've been told they might be a little down this year.

Bison by 3 TDs and 2 FGs.
More like 2 TDs, 2 FGs, and 3 safeties.

TennBison
November 30th, 2019, 09:08 PM
I think Daejean Dixon will give the Bison problems. They haven't seen a lot of elite WRs this year and they've gotten burned by big-framed WRs earlier in the year like Cal Davis' duo of Harrell and Vaughn and UNI's Weston. Fourcade will also give them some issues with his mobility. The health of NDSU's #2 CB Josh Hayes and All-American WLB Jabril Cox (both have been dinged up towards the end of the regular season) will be key in ensuring the Bison defense can contain those two playmakers. Defensively Sully Laiche is a stud but the NDSU O-line has been on another level this year.

That said I think Nicholl's secondary is very suspect and they'll be loaded up to stop the run so Trey Lance should have plenty of options down the field in the passing game for NDSU. Nicholls' run defense looked good today against UND but they had allowed 144 rush yards per game on 4.17 yards per carry on the year and against NDSU's power run game those numbers can turn south in a hurry.

I obviously expect NDSU to win comfortably but Nicholls presents some unique challenges in the passing game that should test the Bison. Looking forward to the amped up playoff atmosphere in the Fargodome (even if the number of butts in seats is less than in previous years' 2nd round playoff games).
The Nicholls QB is not really a runner, not in the class of Trey Lance that is, he isn't a pure runner but a runner as a last option or being flushed from the pocket. He is mostly a pocket passer and Nicholls running game comes from their backs. But the QB will take off once in a while.
And Nicholls passing game seems to be good, but UNDs pass defense is garbage, and they were busy trying to stop Nicholls running game and placed the secondary on an island 1on 1 with the receivers thus costing them some big plays. NDSU is a whole different monster than UND or anything else that Nicholls has seen in many years let alone this year. Plus, NDSU has a whole different gear once it becomes playoff time.

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2019, 09:10 PM
The Nicholls QB is not really a runner, not in the class of Trey Lance that is, he isn't a pure runner but a runner as a last option or being flushed from the pocket. He is mostly a pocket passer and Nicholls running game comes from their backs. But the QB will take off once in a while.
And Nicholls passing game seems to be good, but UNDs pass defense is garbage, and they were busy trying to stop Nicholls running game and placed the secondary on an island 1on 1 with the receivers thus costing them some big plays. NDSU is a whole different monster than UND or anything else that Nicholls has seen in many years let alone this year. Plus, NDSU has a whole different gear once it becomes playoff time.

This is potentially interesting. I've had thoughts this season that the Bison, at times, have a completely higher gear that they sometimes show....I also have noticed that they have a much lower floor at times compared to past teams too. With this being a very young team....I kinda wonder how they are gonna come out for the postseason.

Green1
November 30th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Tonight, as Nicholls enjoys their win, the Bison head for their practice facility as a North Dakota snow storm rages. Saturday nights were made for hitting.

Let's
Go
Bison

dewey
November 30th, 2019, 09:40 PM
I am pumped for Bison playoff football.

Go Bison!

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191201/086c27cb8dc51d53de3e7300a9abbdf9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 11:19 PM
Nicholls lost to Klieman and K-State 49-14. I have to think NDSU is similar to the Wildcats this year. That's saying something given the fact the Wildcats are a legit 8-4 FBS team that's spent a good portion of the season in the Top 25.

Nicholls is a darn good FCS team that simply got the wrong draw.

NOLA
December 1st, 2019, 06:48 AM
Nicholls lost to Klieman and K-State 49-14. I have to think NDSU is similar to the Wildcats this year. That's saying something given the fact the Wildcats are a legit 8-4 FBS team that's spent a good portion of the season in the Top 25.

Nicholls is a darn good FCS team that simply got the wrong draw.

I don’t think we were too thrilled about having to go to Fargo, considering what draws our league counterparts received, but it is what it is. At least we’ll get to play indoors.

Last year we were flirting with a possible seed, but still got sent out to #2 Eastern Washington for the second round. No one gave us much of a chance and dominated the first half until the blocked FG TD. Along with that, it got cold and then things fell apart in the fourth quarter.

But nonetheless, grateful for another week of Colonel Football. GEAUX COLONELS!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2019, 06:53 AM
This is potentially interesting. I've had thoughts this season that the Bison, at times, have a completely higher gear that they sometimes show....I also have noticed that they have a much lower floor at times compared to past teams too. With this being a very young team....I kinda wonder how they are gonna come out for the postseason.

With all the youth they might come out flat the first offensive drive but they will settle in just fine. This defense is great against the pass this year and taking that away will force Nicholls to stay with the run. They will get some yards but NDSU's red zone defense is outstanding this year. NDSU has the team speed to take Fourcade's running away, unlike UND. Plus NDSU's DL is infinitely better than UND's; Tuscka will give them big problems.

UND couldn't run the ball.....NDSU can. NDSU has run it on every team this year and I doubt Nicholls will stop/slow it down from what I saw yesterday. Nicholls is a good team but they haven't played a team like the Bison and their style of football and it will show this coming Saturday. Plus Trey Lance is a threat both running and passing. Christian Watson and his emergence as a deep threat has really made this offense almost unstoppable this year.

The bye helped heal up some bumps and bruises and this team will roll on Saturday.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2019, 07:27 AM

Lets not try in kid anybody

Nicholls State is going to get curb stomped

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2019, 07:39 AM
Nerd stat: NDSU has given up only 15 offensive TDs in 12 games. No one is close in the FCS. ** I don't count the Ivys and their soft schedules and 10 game schedules against each other **

#1 in scoring defense: 12.3/game Take out garbage time TDs given up and that is below 10/game.....

Daytripper
December 1st, 2019, 08:48 AM
Nicholls might stick around for the first half, but their defense will wear down because their offense won't be able to do much. Bison 49 Colonels 13

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2019, 10:37 AM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49152007083_31d2244738_o.jpg

Nicholls doesn't match up horribly with NDSU on the offensive side of the ball. Their strength on offense is running the ball which has been the weaker part of NDSU's defense this year. Defensively Nicholls looks pretty average, a bit better against the run than against the pass but I think they're going to have a hard time stopping NDSU's ultra efficient offense. Nicholls -4 turnover margin on the year is also something that could make this game ugly since NDSU has a few ballhawks in the secondary and a very good DE in Derrek Tuszka at forcing fumbles.

It appears neither team can kick FGs but NDSU will have the advantage in special teams in all other areas.

I'd say the 3 keys to the game for teach team:

NDSU: Start fast - don't let Nicholls hang around and gain confidence
NDSU: Contain Nicholls run game and force Fourcade to throw it into the teeth of that great pass defense.
NDSU: Stay disciplined with penalties especially offensively - that's taken points off the board for them in earlier games this year.
Nicholls: Stay committed to the run game offensively - keep NDSU's offense on the sideline.
Nicholls: Don't turn it over (obviously).
Nicholls: Win in the redzone - put up 7 when you get close or this game will get ugly.

BisonBacker
December 1st, 2019, 12:22 PM
I live about 2 miles from the Fargodome. I just went out to clean out the driveway after this weekends snow event. This is my pickup sitting in my driveway...

https://i.ibb.co/mTQYGhD/77247052-10162817642920714-1399672061571366912-o.jpg (https://ibb.co/Gpg10Cx)

Welcome to Fargo Nichols Fans :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2019, 01:05 PM
Looking at the stats, Nicholls gives up about as many points as they score and total yardage. What does that say? Who knows but to me it just says Nicholls is average offensively and defensively.

K-State crushed Nicholls earlier this year and K-State runs the same type of schemes as NDSU.....which is not a surprise. IMO, K State and NDSU are probably pretty comparable. K State ran for 361....can the Bison do the same?

TennBison
December 1st, 2019, 01:39 PM
Looking at the stats, Nicholls gives up about as many points as they score and total yardage. What does that say? Who knows but to me it just says Nicholls is average offensively and defensively.

K-State crushed Nicholls earlier this year and K-State runs the same type of schemes as NDSU.....which is not a surprise. IMO, K State and NDSU are probably pretty comparable. K State ran for 361....can the Bison do the same?
Nope, we will finish a half yard short at 360 1/2 all because of two bad spots by the refs in the second quarter.

JacksFan40
December 1st, 2019, 02:07 PM
For Nicholls to win it’ll require them to play 100% perfect and NDSU to play abysmal. The only reason I think NDSU could lose is because NDSU is young, overconfident, and not ready for the playoffs. But that probably won’t happen so I got NDSU by 30.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2019, 02:10 PM

Nicholls is a Jekyll and Hyde team. If the team we shut out shows up in Fargo, it will be over by the end of the first quarter. If the team that beat SELA and blasted UCA shows up, then it might be a game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2019, 03:12 PM
Nicholls is a Jekyll and Hyde team. If the team we shut out shows up in Fargo, it will be over by the end of the first quarter. If the team that beat SELA and blasted UCA shows up, then it might be a game.

I like Nicholls scheme. Run the ball and work the pass off of that. #74 OT is going to have trouble with Tuszka. I hope they bring their A game!!

Tazman2664
December 1st, 2019, 04:23 PM
If NDSU was going to lose a game it was going to be the SIU game. They had everything to play for, the playoffs and NDSU had the conference and the #1 spot sealed up so a let down was very possible. NDSU's next biggest game will be for the natty. They will be very focused against Nick and I believe they will have 35 points by half time. I think it will be 49-10, with Nick getting a TD with the backups in for NDSU. This will not be much of a game, NDSU will be focused.

Bisonoline
December 1st, 2019, 06:14 PM
I live about 2 miles from the Fargodome. I just went out to clean out the driveway after this weekends snow event. This is my pickup sitting in my driveway...

https://i.ibb.co/mTQYGhD/77247052-10162817642920714-1399672061571366912-o.jpg (https://ibb.co/Gpg10Cx)

Had to break out the roof rake today. What normally took 45 minutes took 3.5 hours. Then the plow came by and plowed us in with a 4 foot high 6 foot wide snow berm. WTF?????? Wife worked on it while plowing the driveways and turn arounds and we can get 1 vehicle through it now. More work for tomorrow.

Hood
December 1st, 2019, 06:37 PM

Had to break out the roof rake today. What normally took 45 minutes took 3.5 hours. Then the plow came by and plowed us in with a 4 foot high 6 foot wide snow berm. WTF?????? Wife worked on it while plowing the driveways and turn arounds and we can get 1 vehicle through it now. More work for tomorrow.Hey hey hey now, I'll have you both know we've had temps in the 40s this autumn already. Don't try to incite fear with that strange white stuff. xlolx

(but for real we had temps drop to 17 degrees a few winters back and the entire Houma/Thibodaux area had to be put on curfew)

Hammerhead
December 1st, 2019, 07:31 PM
Just turn on the wipers and you're good to go. At least that's how some drivers think when they can barely see over the snow on the hood and headlights are covered in snow. xrolleyesx

gumby013
December 1st, 2019, 07:37 PM
Just turn on the wipers and you're good to go. At least that's how some drivers think when they can barely see over the snow on the hood and headlights are covered in snow. xrolleyesx

Clear one small hole in the windshield...then just drive fast enough.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2019, 07:39 PM
Had to break out the roof rake today. What normally took 45 minutes took 3.5 hours. Then the plow came by and plowed us in with a 4 foot high 6 foot wide snow berm. WTF?????? Wife worked on it while plowing the driveways and turn arounds and we can get 1 vehicle through it now. More work for tomorrow.

The plow in town always leaves huge berm in front of my driveway.....sometimes it is 4 feet high depending on the amount of snow. Luckily I have an ASV skidsteer so moving snow is pretty easy for me here. Should get a payloader for my shop. A lot of ground to cover when there is a lot of snow for my ASV....

Tazman2664
December 1st, 2019, 07:58 PM
In Bismarck, there are no berms. Our plows have gates on them. Every now and then we get a 5 or 6 inch berm but most of the time the gates work awesome.

Bisonoline
December 1st, 2019, 08:04 PM
The plow in town always leaves huge berm in front of my driveway.....sometimes it is 4 feet high depending on the amount of snow. Luckily I have an ASV skidsteer so moving snow is pretty easy for me here. Should get a payloader for my shop. A lot of ground to cover when there is a lot of snow for my ASV....

Problem is when they plow it when is that nice damp snow it compacts and then its like concrete. The 4 wheeler with a blade can hardly make dent it it.

Hammerhead
December 1st, 2019, 09:29 PM
In Bismarck, there are no berms. Our plows have gates on them. Every now and then we get a 5 or 6 inch berm but most of the time the gates work awesome.
Do those snow gates work when there is a foot of snow and does the city plow every street in 24 hours?

Lorne_Malvo
December 2nd, 2019, 12:13 AM
Clear one small hole in the windshield...then just drive fast enough.

Yep, mine was that bad and I just ran it down I29 till it blew off.

Hambone
December 2nd, 2019, 10:56 AM
Nicholls has some nice players, but NDSU will do two things for sure that UND couldn't/didn't. Run the ball and stop the run. Fourcade didn't need to do much against UND, since our run D sucked so bad, but he'll need to play out of his mind in order to keep this close. After the UND/Nicholls game a buddy and I both said we thought that this game shouldn't be close based on what we saw out of UND and NSU last Saturday. Enjoy watching close games more than blowouts, so hopefully Nicholls comes to play, but in my mind this one is over by halftime or the third quarter.

Outsider1
December 2nd, 2019, 11:03 AM
With Nicholls being healthy, they can quickly go back and forth between the run and passing games. For the SLC, they are fairly balanced. If Fourcade can get rid of the ball fast enough, pressuring him becomes less of an issue. I know NDSU can defend both games well. I think NDSU just outpowers and outlasts NSU, but think NSU can put up a fight for a little while. I hope NSU keeps it interesting and always hope for miracles....

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2019, 11:11 AM
It'll be interesting to see how well Nichols can hold up in the trenches. They got some beef but it takes more then big bodies as SHSU knows all too well. I'm guessing it's close for a half and NDSU pulls away to a 2-3 TD win. I'll say 42-17.

Tazman2664
December 2nd, 2019, 11:56 AM
Do those snow gates work when there is a foot of snow and does the city plow every street in 24 hours?

They usually wait until it stops snowing. We have had more than a foot, when they used the gates, and they worked well. And they usually get the job done within 24 hours after they start but they usually wait until the snow has stopped or close to stop snowing. We have had it where they did plow once and then within 3 days, I think, they re-plowed again because the snow kept coming. The gates have worked well. I do know that people who park on the streets are not big fans of them. They drop the gates right before your driveway and then lift them right after your drive way so they put a lot of the snow, when it is about a foot deep, into the cars parked on the street. Some cars really get buried in but for the driveways it is awesome. The whole city has stated that it was money WELL spent. Only the street parkers don't like them but every driveway owner loves them. After they go it takes me 3 minutes to clean up after them, a 2 to 3 inch berm, can't get every bit of it but it takes absolutely nothing to clean up, I don't like packing down those little berms because they will mount up after a while.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2019, 12:19 PM
Bison open as 28 point favorites on 5dimes... yowza.

BisonBacker
December 2nd, 2019, 12:39 PM
https://ibb.co/6RpLd0Rhttps://i.ibb.co/6RpLd0R/77142110-1277566022430071-3344083694401880064-n.jpg (https://ibb.co/6RpLd0R)

Paladin1aa
December 2nd, 2019, 12:39 PM
NDSU is an overwhelming favorite but also a young team. Usually, you have a close game somewhere in the playoffs with a young team, but win because you are good. Nichols has the skill players to put up some points. Don’t think they will win but have a hunch this is the game that the Bison get caught flat footed and do not match or beat the spread. Playing indoors means Nichols has nothing affecting its skill players. Lots of points scored by both but Bison by 24 and misses the point spread.

Lorne_Malvo
December 2nd, 2019, 01:00 PM
NDSU is an overwhelming favorite but also a young team. Usually, you have a close game somewhere in the playoffs with a young team, but win because you are good. Nichols has the skill players to put up some points. Don’t think they will win but have a hunch this is the game that the Bison get caught flat footed and do not match or beat the spread. Playing indoors means Nichols has nothing affecting its skill players. Lots of points scored by both but Bison by 24 and misses the point spread.

So winning by 24 is a close game. Got it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2019, 01:11 PM
Nicholls will not score in the 20s.

Bison cruise.

AmsterBison
December 2nd, 2019, 01:12 PM
Hopefully NDSU gets into playoff mode this weekend. Tackling was not good against SIU and way too many penalties all year.

POD Knows
December 2nd, 2019, 02:07 PM
In Bismarck, there are no berms. Our plows have gates on them. Every now and then we get a 5 or 6 inch berm but most of the time the gates work awesome.This, I have been telling people this on this site and I don't think anybody believed me, they had those things back in the 80's when I lived there I believe. They also had them on the plows in Minot, ND. Those things work awesome, the drivers of the plows hate them but they say the taxpayers a lot of snow removal.

I got filled in three different times yesterday, twice by the city and once by some neighbor clown that thinks it is cool to run around with his pickup and blade.

that guy
December 3rd, 2019, 10:41 AM
Win or not exicited to see some new southern speed in the Fargodome.

IBleedYellow
December 3rd, 2019, 11:12 AM
Hope to see Entz and company bring the team into playoff mode.

Want to make sure that wasn't just a Bohl and Klieman thing. Pretty sure it wasn't.

Bison56
December 3rd, 2019, 12:38 PM
Going to be a nail biter.

Mfergy4
December 3rd, 2019, 01:47 PM
Big Spread! Klieman was impressed with them after the game when Nicholls played K-State. K-State whooped on them bad in the end. Entz has kept the team focused but way too many "dunder-headed" penalties of late. I think the Senior Leadership of the Team has the "Baby-Bison" ready to play. Good to see a new team coming to Fargo in the Play-offs. Hope to see a good game from both Teams BUT Bison will stampede over the Colonels in the end. 47 - 10 prediction.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2019, 02:03 PM

Until the start of the game....

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2019, 05:02 PM
Matt Entz press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdYX0NMZQzk

Cliffnotes: Calls out Fourcade, Gums, Dixon, and Laiche as Nicholls players that are really good. Said that he's talked with former NDSU/current K-State coach Chris Klieman about their matchup with Nicholls but said that Nicholls has changed a lot since then. Bison are as healthy as they've been in a long time.

Mfergy4
December 4th, 2019, 10:54 AM

Only nail biting will be to find a place to park before the game...

NEBison
December 4th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Matt Entz press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdYX0NMZQzk

Cliffnotes: Calls out Fourcade, Gums, Dixon, and Laiche as Nicholls players that are really good. Said that he's talked with former NDSU/current K-State coach Chris Klieman about their matchup with Nicholls but said that Nicholls has changed a lot since then. Bison are as healthy as they've been in a long time.

Does Nichols have a weekly presser out there anywhere?

dewey
December 4th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about the turn around at Nicholls State.

Pretty remarkable what that coach has done.

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4801605-McFeely-Nicholls-States-remarkable-turnaround-a-Louisiana-affair

Dewey

Daytripper
December 4th, 2019, 11:18 AM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about the turn around at Nicholls State.

Pretty remarkable what that coach has done.

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4801605-McFeely-Nicholls-States-remarkable-turnaround-a-Louisiana-affair

Dewey

Yeah. It's nothing short of amazing what Rebowe has done. I'm afraid he will get poached by a G5 FBS team after the season ends. Maybe Tulane if Fritz moves on to Arkansas or Missouri.

lionsrking2
December 4th, 2019, 12:02 PM
Yeah. It's nothing short of amazing what Rebowe has done. I'm afraid he will get poached by a G5 FBS team after the season ends. Maybe Tulane if Fritz moves on to Arkansas or Missouri.

Tim Rebowe is a great guy and perfect fit for Nicholls and the Houma/Thibodaux community. He's in his mid 50's and not sure he wants to take on a G5 rebuilding job at this point in his career. Maybe ULL if Napier leaves (probable), but I don't see him going anywhere, anytime soon. Wouldn't bother me if he did. :)

Daytripper
December 4th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Tim Rebowe is a great guy and perfect fit for Nicholls and the Houma/Thibodaux community. He's in his mid 50's and not sure he wants to take on a G5 rebuilding job at this point in his career. Maybe ULL if Napier leaves (probable), but I don't see him going anywhere, anytime soon. Wouldn't bother me if he did. :)

Willie Fritz was about the same age when he started his climb up the coaching ladder. Some programs aren't afraid of age if they think he is the right guy.

lionsrking2
December 4th, 2019, 12:24 PM
Willie Fritz was about the same age when he started his climb up the coaching ladder. Some programs aren't afraid of age if they think he is the right guy.

Not saying it's not possible, or too late, just not sure it's what he wants to do unless it is a ULL or Tulane. But unless Tulane changes their AD, or he changes hiring practices, I don't see them hiring a local guy as the head football coach. It would go against every hiring decision he has made.

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Not saying it's not possible, or too late, just not sure it's what he wants to do unless it is a ULL or Tulane. But unless Tulane changes their AD, or he changes hiring practices, I don't see them hiring a local guy as the head football coach. It would go against every hiring decision he has made.
At that age he's also probably eyeing retirement at some point in the not-to-distant future and if some school wants to triple to quadruple his salary for the next 4-6 years maybe longer he'd be hard pressed not to pursue it.

When Craig Bohl went from NDSU to Wyoming I'm pretty sure that was the primary motivating factor. He was in his mid to late 50s at the time and he went from making $300-$350K annually if he hits all his incentives at NDSU (which he had been doing) to over a $1M base at Wyoming and potential for $1.5M I believe it he hit all his incentives there (obviously tougher to do than at NDSU). Competitively that was and still is a pretty lateral move but money talks.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2019, 12:57 PM

What will make him appealing to some program that is in the dumpster right now is how quickly he completely changed the culture and expectations, along with the won-loss record. I mean from 0-12 to serious success in just a few years is not easy and rarely happens. it's much easier to step in to an existing successful program and maintain it than it is to do what Rebowe has done.

lionsrking2
December 4th, 2019, 01:12 PM
What will make him appealing to some program that is in the dumpster right now is how quickly he completely changed the culture and expectations, along with the won-loss record. I mean from 0-12 to serious success in just a few years is not easy and rarely happens. it's much easier to step in to an existing successful program and maintain it than it is to do what Rebowe has done.

No question it'll make him appealing, but Nicholls is also a perfect storm scenario for him, and may not work as well somewhere else outside of the area. Nicholls is a community school, and Rebowe is a community type guy and a former high school coach in the area, with lots of ties. He coached NFL Hall of Famer, Ed Reed, in high school, and has the ties and relationships to recruit south Louisiana. But he's done it by taking kids that were passed over, but were both winners and high motor kids. Sully Laiche was about 210, maybe 220 lbs in high school and built more like a safety than a D-lineman. We didn't offer him because he didn't fit the scheme we were running at the time, but was obviously great high school football player. Same thing with Chase Fourcade. Dai'Jean Dixon would have been highly recruited but had some issues that caused him to drop. He's a bonafide P5 WR talent in FCS. They have a lot of players that fit both molds on their roster. South Louisiana is loaded with those kinds of players. We're trending back that way as well. We'll both take transfers but doubtful we'll be as active on the JC trail as we have been.

Colonel Tillou
December 4th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Does Nichols have a weekly presser out there anywhere?

Rebowe does weekly radio hits, including an hour long show on Monday, but I’m not sure if you’ll be able to find them anywhere on the web now.

As far as the game goes, it could be what a lot of you are saying and not close by halftime but I really think Nicholls will be able to compete more than you may think. If the Colonels play like they did at Sam Houston or against Abilene, it’ll get ugly really quick.

The team the past month has been a far cry from that however. The defense is playing as good as it has all year and if Fourcade doesn’t turn the ball over, a suddenly healthy skill group can do some things to possibly keep Nicholls in it. Julien Gums and Dai’jean Dixon are two high level football players.

Which Nicholls team shows up will decide if it’s kept within the spread or not.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Rebowe does weekly radio hits, including an hour long show on Monday, but I’m not sure if you’ll be able to find them anywhere on the web now.

As far as the game goes, it could be what a lot of you are saying and not close by halftime but I really think Nicholls will be able to compete more than you may think. If the Colonels play like they did at Sam Houston or against Abilene, it’ll get ugly really quick.

The team the past month has been a far cry from that however. The defense is playing as good as it has all year and if Fourcade doesn’t turn the ball over, a suddenly healthy skill group can do some things to possibly keep Nicholls in it. Julien Gums and Dai’jean Dixon are two high level football players.

I fully expect Nicholls to have some success offensively. Dixon is a dude and I see him winning a few 50/50 balls to keep some drives going. They also need to be making sure they are getting touchdowns when they do have scoring chances instead of settling for FG's. I think they can make the Bison sweat a little bit into the 2nd half but ultimately the Bison pull away, 42-17.

Tazman2664
December 4th, 2019, 04:40 PM

Isn't that something that one says for every game?

I think it comes down to will NDSU impose their will on Nicholls? IF they do, Nicholls won't look like anything like they looked in their best games. And the vast majority of times, NDSU does. Thus, I am not concerned with what Nicholls brings to the game it all comes down to what NDSU brings. Not being cocky, just talking the facts.

I think NDSU 49-13 with Nicholls getting a TD late in the game against the backups.

Bison56
December 4th, 2019, 04:44 PM
35-24 NDSU wins a hard fought game.

Colonel Tillou
December 4th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Isn't that something that one says for every game?

I think it comes down to will NDSU impose their will on Nicholls? IF they do, Nicholls won't look like anything like they looked in their best games. And the vast majority of times, NDSU does. Thus, I am not concerned with what Nicholls brings to the game it all comes down to what NDSU brings. Not being cocky, just talking the facts.

I think NDSU 49-13 with Nicholls getting a TD late in the game against the backups.

I’m implying that if Nicholls plays the way the have the last month or so it won’t be A 49-13 game. That was the score for Kansas State when Nicholls was a completely different team and was also missing key contributors including Laiche.

Any advice for the Colonel fans on what we should do Friday night or Saturday before the game in Fargo?

Daytripper
December 4th, 2019, 05:24 PM
I’m implying that if Nicholls plays the way the have the last month or so it won’t be A 49-13 game. That was the score for Kansas State when Nicholls was a completely different team and was also missing key contributors including Laiche.

Any advice for the Colonel fans on what we should do Friday night or Saturday before the game in Fargo?

Welcome to AGS, Colonel. Hope you stick around after the playoffs.

Tazman2664
December 4th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Welcome to AGS, Colonel. Hope you stick around after the playoffs.

The bars should be hoping, the folks will be nice to the outsiders, good people there. Try the tailgaters before the game, they to welcome the outsiders. It is a fun time. The tailgaters take their tailgating serious so it usually is a blast.

dewey
December 4th, 2019, 08:10 PM

Like others have said I would go to the tailgating lot 3 plus hours before the game. Walk around and I am pretty sure you will be welcomed into many tailgating set ups and served more booze and food than you can handle.

Outside of tailgating I would highly recommend
https://wurstfargo.com

Have a great time at the game.

Dewey

Bisonator
December 4th, 2019, 08:23 PM

Depends on your flavor. https://www.fargomoorhead.org/things-to-do/

NOLA
December 4th, 2019, 08:35 PM
What’s the scouting report on Trey Lance? Haven’t had the chance to watch him yet this season. 23 touchdowns and no interceptions is impressive.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2019, 08:46 PM
Like others have said I would go to the tailgating lot 3 plus hours before the game. Walk around and I am pretty sure you will be welcomed into many tailgating set ups and served more booze and food than you can handle.

Outside of tailgating I would highly recommend
https://wurstfargo.com

Have a great time at the game.

Dewey

I have personally never been to a Bison game in Fargo, but I have been on here long enough to know that this is the gospel truth.

Bisonator
December 4th, 2019, 08:49 PM
What’s the scouting report on Trey Lance? Haven’t had the chance to watch him yet this season. 23 touchdowns and no interceptions is impressive.
Strong arm, great runner, good pocket awareness, great deep ball off play action. Gets a little erratic with his accuracy at times but never seems to put the ball in harms way. Very poised for a redshirt freshman. Lots of designed run plays for him too.

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2019, 08:57 PM
I have personally never been to a Bison game in Fargo, but I have been on here long enough to know that this is the gospel truth.

If you're wearing the opposing teams clothing, especially if it's a team they haven't seen before, you will practically be pulled into every tailgate setup. xbeerchugx

SUPharmacist
December 4th, 2019, 10:04 PM
If you're wearing the opposing teams clothing, especially if it's a team they haven't seen before, you will practically be pulled into every tailgate setup. xbeerchugx

I always feel like I should buy some opponents apparel and have some fun. xdrunkyx

Although, if I wore anything other than an NDSU shirt on gameday I would have to stop being a fan.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2019, 10:21 PM

Fargo has basically everything you need to stay entertained imo. I think it's a great city/area! Bison fans might be the nicest I've come across in all my travels. The tailgating scene is unlike anything I've seen at this level and that includes both Montana schools, Lehigh/Lafayette game and Delaware in its heyday.

I was just in Fargo for the NDSU-South Dakota game and was warmly welcomed despite wearing my Lehigh hoodie. If NDSU makes the final I'll be in Fargo/Grand Forks that week (1/8/20-1/15/20).

Nicholls who will be attending will likely get out of town just before the dangerous cold his. Starting Monday temps will be hovering at or below zero for the next 72 hours or so.

cx500d
December 4th, 2019, 10:23 PM
Fargo has basically everything you need to stay entertained imo. I think it's a great city/area! Bison fans might be the nicest I've come across in all my travels. The tailgating scene is unlike anything I've seen at this level and that includes both Montana schools, Lehigh/Lafayette game and Delaware in its heyday.

I was just in Fargo for the NDSU-South Dakota game and was warmly welcomed despite wearing my Lehigh hoodie. If NDSU makes the final I'll be in Fargo/Grand Forks that week (1/8/20-1/15/20).
Why not Frisco?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2019, 10:31 PM
Why not Frisco?

I'll take -20 in Eastern ND over Texas...lol. I have to come back out for another meeting and to look at possible living arrangements should I decide to relocate. I also want to see just how crazy it is in the middle of the winter. First I need to figure out if it's a poor decision to fly into MSP in January and drive up again or fly into Hector. Flight and rental car (4x4 SUV) is considerably cheaper if i fly into MSP.

I'm interested to see the Nicholls fans take on the NDSU experience. Especially if any of them made it to Cheney last year.

Bisonoline
December 4th, 2019, 10:52 PM
I'll take -20 in Eastern ND over Texas...lol. I have to come back out for another meeting and to look at possible living arrangements should I decide to relocate. I also want to see just how crazy it is in the middle of the winter. First I need to figure out if it's a poor decision to fly into MSP in January and drive up again or fly into Hector. Flight and rental car (4x4 SUV) is considerably cheaper if i fly into MSP.

I'm interested to see the Nicholls fans take on the NDSU experience. Especially if any of them made it to Cheney last year.

I would fly in to Fargo.

Again you are invited to our tailgate.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2019, 06:22 AM
Strong arm, great runner, good pocket awareness, great deep ball off play action. Gets a little erratic with his accuracy at times but never seems to put the ball in harms way. Very poised for a redshirt freshman. Lots of designed run plays for him too.

His running ability is what makes the Bison offense so hard to defend. Downhill running and play action passing stretches the defense then you have to account for TL running.

I just don't see this being a 4 quarter game. Nicholls' defense is going to be on the field a lot and will get worse down.

Bison roll!

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2019, 06:54 AM
It's looking likely that this will be the lowest attended playoff game in the Fargodome since the 2010 Thanksgiving weekend game against Robert Morris that drew around 12,000. Based on the number of available tickets still out there and how slowly they're selling attendance seems likely to be in the low 16,000s.

dewey
December 5th, 2019, 07:23 AM
I would fly in to Fargo.

Again you are invited to our tailgate.

I agree with B-oline. If you are traveling for work I would just fly into Fargo. That 4 hour drive from MSP is easy if the weather and roads are good. If not....the roads may even be closed.

I would also highly recommend B-oline's tailgating. I have always had a great time with their group.

Dewey

Christiank22
December 5th, 2019, 08:35 AM
It's looking likely that this will be the lowest attended playoff game in the Fargodome since the 2010 Thanksgiving weekend game against Robert Morris that drew around 12,000. Based on the number of available tickets still out there and how slowly they're selling attendance seems likely to be in the low 16,000s.

These games just aren’t “interesting” to the typical fan. Obviously the people on this board are a minority. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar showing if we win and play Central Arkansas. Seems like people only get excited for SDSU, the Montana’s, UND, JMU, and FBS games.

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2019, 08:39 AM
These games just aren’t “interesting” to the typical fan. Obviously the people on this board are a minority. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar showing if we win and play Central Arkansas. Seems like people only get excited for SDSU, the Montana’s, UND, JMU, and FBS games.
If the Bison win and get the 11AM quarterfinal on Saturday I don't think it matters who they'll play they'll draw even less than they will this week so you're right there. That might be close to the 15,000 range.

Our fan base is spoiled rotten.

Gil Dobie
December 5th, 2019, 08:44 AM

I will have been at both.

Bisonator
December 5th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Why fret over attendance? Just go enjoy the game. Attendance is falling every where, people don't want to spend 3 hours doing anything now days.

Mfergy4
December 5th, 2019, 09:11 AM

Welcome to the Thread Colonel Tillou! Hoping to hear from some one down there on your team. Fill us in on your view of the Nicholls Strengths and weaknesses and what you see as ours? Hard to find anything out from your neck of the woods.

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Why fret over attendance? Just go enjoy the game. Attendance is falling every where, people don't want to spend 3 hours doing anything now days.
It frustrates me that a team's ridiculous success rate is leading to less support. I don't buy that it's just a general trend across all college sports. That may be part of it but a bigger part, IMO, is apathy because the team is "too good" and that grinds my gears no matter how hard I try to convince myself that it shouldn't.

Mfergy4
December 5th, 2019, 09:39 AM

Just like all the other comments, you have to take in the Tailgating on the West side of the Dome. You can gain 10-pounds just walking around eating and drinking all the great treats. We have all the usual eateries you find nationally but we have these great local breweries-restaurants around town too which serve some of the best brews and food you can find. Bring you ear-plugs for the game as it will be loud in the Dome. Glad to have you and your team up here for the play-offs.
Thanks for the small in-sight on your team. We have heard about the good Defensive line player and the wide-receiver a little bit. Can you give us a better insight on them?

With Trey, poise is the best way to describe him. He is quick, shifty, and strong in running and throwing. Can be slight eradic when throwing when he does not properly use his body mechanics. But you gotta watch out for the O-Line. They are monsters this year. The way we grind things out if you are not rotating your D-line a lot they will get tired by the middle of the third quarter. Our running backs are a diverse bunch which gives your team many different looks. The Receiving Corps has been a great surprise this year. Defensively, it has been another stellar year for them. Great D-line work and Linebackers are free to roam and hit. DB's can lock you down but looks they will be challenged by your height this game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2019, 09:44 AM

So what.

College FB attendance is down all over the country. Still a few days left and probably 17K will be sold. I'll cheer louder than 100 clowns sitting on their butts the whole game. The game will be awesome whether there is 19 or 17K there.

Mfergy4
December 5th, 2019, 09:47 AM
It frustrates me that a team's ridiculous success rate is leading to less support. I don't buy that it's just a general trend across all college sports. That may be part of it but a bigger part, IMO, is apathy because the team is "too good" and that grinds my gears no matter how hard I try to convince myself that it shouldn't.

Professor, I agree with you. I think the multitudes of the people who suddenly flooded the dome after the first national championship are getting bored because they are what I would term "Bandwagon Hoppers" now that the Bison are making history, again, they are finding it boring and beginning to leave believing it is not cool anymore. Man, what this program is doing right now is unprecedented in football history. Cannot believe people are finding this boring. This is exciting watching history being "remade" by the same program that set the record in the first place. You just watch, the Bison style of football will begin to leak into other programs at all levels and then watch the fun.

Herdistheword
December 5th, 2019, 10:05 AM

I could watch this team blowout people by 50 points every game and never get bored. Honestly, I’m just excited to watch the younger backups come in at that point. What this program has done is absolutely remarkable.

Lorne_Malvo
December 5th, 2019, 11:10 AM

I know plenty of people who simply gave up getting tickets. They were so difficult to get in the past that some people just gave up.
My group are some of those people, we get together now at watch parties and that has taken the place of going to games.
Hell a lot of people I know go to the tailgate then split for home for their watch party. I am not saying this is the only reason, but its part of it.

Colonel Tillou
December 5th, 2019, 11:11 AM
Just like all the other comments, you have to take in the Tailgating on the West side of the Dome. You can gain 10-pounds just walking around eating and drinking all the great treats. We have all the usual eateries you find nationally but we have these great local breweries-restaurants around town too which serve some of the best brews and food you can find. Bring you ear-plugs for the game as it will be loud in the Dome. Glad to have you and your team up here for the play-offs.
Thanks for the small in-sight on your team. We have heard about the good Defensive line player and the wide-receiver a little bit. Can you give us a better insight on them?

With Trey, poise is the best way to describe him. He is quick, shifty, and strong in running and throwing. Can be slight eradic when throwing when he does not properly use his body mechanics. But you gotta watch out for the O-Line. They are monsters this year. The way we grind things out if you are not rotating your D-line a lot they will get tired by the middle of the third quarter. Our running backs are a diverse bunch which gives your team many different looks. The Receiving Corps has been a great surprise this year. Defensively, it has been another stellar year for them. Great D-line work and Linebackers are free to roam and hit. DB's can lock you down but looks they will be challenged by your height this game.

First of all, thanks to everyone for the recommendations. I went to Cheney last year and had a good time, but I’m really looking forward to the atmosphere this weekend. We certainly know how to eat and drink down here, so all of the “warnings” about how much I will eat and drink sound great to me haha.

As far as a little more on the team, the D line is actually pretty deep. They rotate a lot of bodies in and out and have been getting contributions from more freshman now than the beginning of the year. Look for Sully, Brandon Fontenot and Tahj Brown to be in on a lot of the passing downs. At the beginning of the year, Sully was out and the freshman weren’t up to speed so it was a weakness, but now I would say it’s probably the strength of the defense.

The linebacking core has three very solid guys on it. Allen Pittman is probably the most sure tackler on the team, but Laryon James and Aquindis Steib have also been solid. They’re all athletic, but I’m worried about Lance scrambling and beating them to the edge. Having watched a few NDSU games, it seems like his speed is extremely tough to deal with.

The secondary has also come into its own. Early in the season there were a lot of coverage busts and miscommunications (see the Kansas State game), but it seems like that has been solved as the season has gone on and they’re playing much better. I think the corner Darren Evans had his best game of the season last year and didn’t allow much. On the other side is a true freshman, Jarius Monroe, who will be an absolute stud in a couple years. He has all of the physical tools you want in a corner, his biggest problem this year has been making plays on the ball. Last week for instance, it seemed like he was always right on his receiver but somehow the catch was still completed. He just needs to get better at his timing of knocking it away. Kevin Moore is a transfer from Texas Tech and I think leads the team in tackles, him and Khristian Mims are the safeties and since the early season miscommunications, really seem to be a stabilizing force for the defense.

Offense is really the wildcard of the team. As Chase goes, the team goes. He’s not scared of any moment and has a real bulldog nature to him (expect to see him put his head down and take a tackler on), but that gets him in trouble sometimes. A lot of his turnovers this year have been him trying to do a little too much, but then the next drive he’ll quickly come out and look all world. He’s going to have to keep the ball safe and if he does, he’s good enough to find success.

The receiving core has been decimated by injuries this year. Out of the top four receivers coming in to fall camp only two have played this year, Dixon and Ray, and they both missed half the season. That Sam Houston game was Ray’s first or second game back and Dixon was out. We struggled to really get the pass going against them and they packed the box. With both Dixon and Ray, it’ll be hard to pack the box because they are both really good and can each beat single coverage. Dixon has a real shot to play on Sundays.

The O-line didn’t have much experience coming into the year, but they’ve been really solid in both the run game and passing game. Our right tackle was out last game, not sure what his status is this week.

Julien Gums is the leader in the backfield and will get the majority of the touches but the two seniors, Dontrell Taylor and Kendall Bussey (Texas A&M transfer), will both play as well. Dontrell has more of the breakaway speed but Julien is tough to bring down. It’s not very often one guy gets him, especially not the first guy.

Sorry for the long post, but numerous people were asking about Nicholls, so I wanted to give at least a little bit.

Panther88
December 5th, 2019, 12:58 PM
UND passed for 272 yards on Nicholls. NDSU can run and pass. Going to tough for Nicholls to try and defend everything. Nicholls DC is going to have some sleepless nights this week....:D

Stop being nice and call it for what it will be. Bison by 45+ points, if the staff decides to pull the starters by start of 4th quarter. I've seen Nicholls up close and personal like. Bison will easily win this game.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Stop being nice and call it for what it will be. Bison by 45+ points, if the staff decides the pull the starters by start of 4th quarter. I've seen Nicholls up close and personal like. Bison will easily win this game.

true all true...... if we haven't learned by now what will see in this game we never will

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 5th, 2019, 07:32 PM
Nicholls will name their score.

Easiest pick of the week! ;)

X-Factor
December 5th, 2019, 09:54 PM
Just no injuries please. Give the starters enough playing time to get in a rhythm after having a bye

Daytripper
December 5th, 2019, 11:11 PM
Karma is real. The attitudes permeating this thread has me now predicting the greatest upset in human competition history. Nicholls by 3.

Hood
December 6th, 2019, 01:16 AM
Karma is real. The attitudes permeating this thread has me now predicting the greatest upset in human competition history. Nicholls by 3. Well, now we know why you're "daytripper" :)

At the end of the day, I just don't want to see any of these kids get hurt. Coach has been adamant that they know exactly what's waiting for them in Fargo. Whatever the underlying coach speak is, at least we know the guy calling the shots won't be surprised at the final score. This group of seniors has made the last four seasons fun. I'd LOVE to have one more week of 2019 Colonel football, but I've watched sports long enough to know the realities.

COLONELS BY 150 POINTS!!!!!! xcrazyxxangelx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2019, 08:47 AM
Stop being nice and call it for what it will be. Bison by 45+ points, if the staff decides to pull the starters by start of 4th quarter. I've seen Nicholls up close and personal like. Bison will easily win this game.

Anything is possible in college football.

I like Nicholls. I like the scheme they run and from watching their season highlights, they play hard. I'm sure they will bring their A game on Saturday.

As with most Bison games in which they play new teams, there will be a "feeling out" period in this game. I always enjoy how teams try to defend the Bison. In many games, there are run blitzes on obvious running downs and extra defenders in the box. But TL and his passing/running ability has made this Bison offense very hard to defend this year. Every position is very talented. The Bison will lean heavily on the OL for the playoffs. If Nicholls cannot slow down the run game and at least make NDSU pass when they do not want to, this game could be a rout.

Earlier in the week on the local Bison radio station they had Jamar Cain on for an interview. He is now the DL coach at Arizona State and former defensive coach for the Bison and the Bison guys asked him how NDSU will match up against Oregon next year and he said they will easily match up with the Ducks. All of the Bison fans and especially the "pro FBS" crowd will get a great look at how this team stacks up against a legit top 10 team next year. With what NDSU will have coming back next year, this game will be a good one.

Nicholls is a good team that is balanced offensively. For me, can their defense slow down the Bison offense? For 4 quarters....I don't think so.

Bison roll.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Anything is possible in college football.

I like Nicholls. I like the scheme they run and from watching their season highlights, they play hard. I'm sure they will bring their A game on Saturday.

As with most Bison games in which they play new teams, there will be a "feeling out" period in this game. I always enjoy how teams try to defend the Bison. In many games, there are run blitzes on obvious running downs and extra defenders in the box. But TL and his passing/running ability has made this Bison offense very hard to defend this year. Every position is very talented. The Bison will lean heavily on the OL for the playoffs. If Nicholls cannot slow down the run game and at least make NDSU pass when they do not want to, this game could be a rout.

Earlier in the week on the local Bison radio station they had Jamar Cain on for an interview. He is now the DL coach at Arizona State and former defensive coach for the Bison and the Bison guys asked him how NDSU will match up against Oregon next year and he said they will easily match up with the Ducks. All of the Bison fans and especially the "pro FBS" crowd will get a great look at how this team stacks up against a legit top 10 team next year. With what NDSU will have coming back next year, this game will be a good one.

Nicholls is a good team that is balanced offensively. For me, can their defense slow down the Bison offense? For 4 quarters....I don't think so.

Bison roll.
Yep, pretty much the same feeling for me. People can believe me or not but I still have a feeling of doubt, no matter how small it might be, before every playoff game NDSU plays (I blame it on the Vikings fan coming out in me). But I mentioned it earlier that I think the only way Nicholls has a chance is if they win the turnover margin by 2 more more, are pretty much flawless in the redzone (in terms of converting all their opportunities into TDs), and control the clock with their offense keeping the Bison offense on the sideline (35 minutes or more TOP).

Professor
December 6th, 2019, 09:05 AM
I know plenty of people who simply gave up getting tickets. They were so difficult to get in the past that some people just gave up.
My group are some of those people, we get together now at watch parties and that has taken the place of going to games.
Hell a lot of people I know go to the tailgate then split for home for their watch party. I am not saying this is the only reason, but its part of it.

I take it the dome wasn't built with expansion capabilities

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Yep, pretty much the same feeling for me. People can believe me or not but I still have a feeling of doubt, no matter how small it might be, before every playoff game NDSU plays (I blame it on the Vikings fan coming out in me). But I mentioned it earlier that I think the only way Nicholls has a chance is if they win the turnover margin by 2 more more, are pretty much flawless in the redzone (in terms of converting all their opportunities into TDs), and control the clock with their offense keeping the Bison offense on the sideline (35 minutes or more TOP).

Agree with all of what you posted.

NDSU's red zone defense has given up only 10 TDs all season and only 7 FGs......significantly better than anyone else in the FCS. I don't count the worthless Ivys (not relevant in FCS).

NDSU stats wise has a better pass defense and have given up some running yards to rushing teams. But I think a lot of that is because the defensive coaches keep them in base Tampa-2 (zone coverage) for most of the game and let the players make plays. Which is fine but good running teams have run the ball on the Bison....not gashing them but running enough to make it worth trying to scheme to stop it.

I think Nicholls, and they should, will try and run right at the Bison. Will it work? Maybe some but the Bison defense is the best in the country and will adjust like they always do and stop Nicholls.

NDSU gives up an average of 274 yards/game and only 12 points/game. Nicholls needs to go way above that IMO to have a shot at winning this game. Now can they do it? You are right on with the TOP stat. If Nicholls has that kind of TOP then the Bison will be in trouble.

Mfergy4
December 6th, 2019, 09:22 AM
First of all, thanks to everyone for the recommendations. I went to Cheney last year and had a good time, but I’m really looking forward to the atmosphere this weekend. We certainly know how to eat and drink down here, so all of the “warnings” about how much I will eat and drink sound great to me haha.

As far as a little more on the team, the D line is actually pretty deep. They rotate a lot of bodies in and out and have been getting contributions from more freshman now than the beginning of the year. Look for Sully, Brandon Fontenot and Tahj Brown to be in on a lot of the passing downs. At the beginning of the year, Sully was out and the freshman weren’t up to speed so it was a weakness, but now I would say it’s probably the strength of the defense.

The linebacking core has three very solid guys on it. Allen Pittman is probably the most sure tackler on the team, but Laryon James and Aquindis Steib have also been solid. They’re all athletic, but I’m worried about Lance scrambling and beating them to the edge. Having watched a few NDSU games, it seems like his speed is extremely tough to deal with.

The secondary has also come into its own. Early in the season there were a lot of coverage busts and miscommunications (see the Kansas State game), but it seems like that has been solved as the season has gone on and they’re playing much better. I think the corner Darren Evans had his best game of the season last year and didn’t allow much. On the other side is a true freshman, Jarius Monroe, who will be an absolute stud in a couple years. He has all of the physical tools you want in a corner, his biggest problem this year has been making plays on the ball. Last week for instance, it seemed like he was always right on his receiver but somehow the catch was still completed. He just needs to get better at his timing of knocking it away. Kevin Moore is a transfer from Texas Tech and I think leads the team in tackles, him and Khristian Mims are the safeties and since the early season miscommunications, really seem to be a stabilizing force for the defense.

Offense is really the wildcard of the team. As Chase goes, the team goes. He’s not scared of any moment and has a real bulldog nature to him (expect to see him put his head down and take a tackler on), but that gets him in trouble sometimes. A lot of his turnovers this year have been him trying to do a little too much, but then the next drive he’ll quickly come out and look all world. He’s going to have to keep the ball safe and if he does, he’s good enough to find success.

The receiving core has been decimated by injuries this year. Out of the top four receivers coming in to fall camp only two have played this year, Dixon and Ray, and they both missed half the season. That Sam Houston game was Ray’s first or second game back and Dixon was out. We struggled to really get the pass going against them and they packed the box. With both Dixon and Ray, it’ll be hard to pack the box because they are both really good and can each beat single coverage. Dixon has a real shot to play on Sundays.

The O-line didn’t have much experience coming into the year, but they’ve been really solid in both the run game and passing game. Our right tackle was out last game, not sure what his status is this week.

Julien Gums is the leader in the backfield and will get the majority of the touches but the two seniors, Dontrell Taylor and Kendall Bussey (Texas A&M transfer), will both play as well. Dontrell has more of the breakaway speed but Julien is tough to bring down. It’s not very often one guy gets him, especially not the first guy.

Sorry for the long post, but numerous people were asking about Nicholls, so I wanted to give at least a little bit.

Wow! Great run down of the team thanks. One wild card against your team...the Dome. It is the hardest place for visiting teams to play in due to the noise and the 12-man credo. I hope the team has prepared for that. Hoping for an injury free game that if fun for all to play. Alas, my humble bias leans toward the Bison, just too tough at home....Bison do win by a large margin...47 to 17. Hope to meet you Colonel, I will be seated in Section 8 Row C seat #1 at the south end of the stadium come down for a chat before the game.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Correct. There's minor changes that can be made such as taking out the auxiliary press box on the north endzone side of the field but that would only open up a few hundred seats at the highest rows. The corners are open to the concourse but there's huge support beams there since when it was built they decided they wanted a solid roof rather than typical inflated dome roof that might collapse under snow weight. So they can't really add seats in the corners without them having obstructed views after the first few rows. They could probably get capacity into the 19,000-20,000 range (currently 18,700) without too much effort. Any expansion beyond that would entail ripping the roof off and building up which, at that point, they might as well do a complete rebuild.

Mfergy4
December 6th, 2019, 09:42 AM

Depends on which engineer you talk with...It has some expansion capabilities but it sounds like may about another 5K seats and but some of the South Seating will be lost.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Depends on which engineer you talk with...It has some expansion capabilities but it sounds like may about another 5K seats and but some of the South Seating will be lost.
5K??? I'd be interested to hear how they could pull that off. That would be a very good thing especially if FBS is ever in NDSU's future plans but I haven't heard of anything other than a major (and expensive) renovation that could add that much.

Lorne_Malvo
December 6th, 2019, 11:35 AM

As Biden would say: That is malarkey. No way 5k seats can be added to the dome.

Colonel Tillou
December 6th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Wow! Great run down of the team thanks. One wild card against your team...the Dome. It is the hardest place for visiting teams to play in due to the noise and the 12-man credo. I hope the team has prepared for that. Hoping for an injury free game that if fun for all to play. Alas, my humble bias leans toward the Bison, just too tough at home....Bison do win by a large margin...47 to 17. Hope to meet you Colonel, I will be seated in Section 8 Row C seat #1 at the south end of the stadium come down for a chat before the game.

I do think the stadium could be a factor but I don’t think it will be because the players are intimidated. They’ve played in loud arenas before and handled it well. I don’t blame y’all for being confident, I would be too. I still have some hope for the colonels to put up a could fight and make it closer than most of the scores on here indicate. I’ll be out there early tomorrow (in Dallas now waiting for my flight), and can’t wait for the game.

I do think we will be able to run and move the ball a little bit, but the question is will it just be for a first down or two per drive or can we be consistent with it and put points on the board? It seems like Lance will get at least something on the board so we have to match him somewhat to have a shot. Really looking forward to it.

Lorne_Malvo
December 6th, 2019, 01:11 PM
I do think the stadium could be a factor but I don’t think it will be because the players are intimidated. They’ve played in loud arenas before and handled it well. I don’t blame y’all for being confident, I would be too. I still have some hope for the colonels to put up a could fight and make it closer than most of the scores on here indicate. I’ll be out there early tomorrow (in Dallas now waiting for my flight), and can’t wait for the game.

I do think we will be able to run and move the ball a little bit, but the question is will it just be for a first down or two per drive or can we be consistent with it and put points on the board? It seems like Lance will get at least something on the board so we have to match him somewhat to have a shot. Really looking forward to it.

3 things:

1. Hope you have a great time in Fargo.

2. If the fans bring the noise, the dome will be something that you probably have not experienced before. It can get painful.

https://i.imgflip.com/3injqq.jpg

thebootfitter
December 6th, 2019, 02:52 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/3injqq.jpg

Whoa, dude... totally wrong image to display here. You do know who won that fight, don't you?

Lorne_Malvo
December 6th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Whoa, dude... totally wrong image to display here. You do know who won that fight, don't you?

Rocky was on more steroids than Drago.

Hood
December 6th, 2019, 03:41 PM
I think he means we're Apollo Creed.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Rocky was on more steroids than Drago.

Stallone weighed like 160 lbs for that. Took roids to get cut up. Getting shredded makes you look a lot bigger than what your body weight actually is.

Back to the game thread:

Over/under on Bison rushing for 300 yards?

I'll say over!

TennBison
December 6th, 2019, 04:22 PM
I think he means we're Apollo Creed.
Nope, when Drago said that line, it was when he fought Rocky. Drago I do believe said nothing at all to Apollo Creed before their fight.

TennBison
December 6th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Stallone weighed like 160 lbs for that. Took roids to get cut up. Getting shredded makes you look a lot bigger than what your body weight actually is.

Back to the game thread:

Over/under on Bison rushing for 300 yards?

I'll say over!
You're a fairly big guy, using your facts does that mean you weigh 150 Lbs ?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2019, 04:34 PM
You're a fairly big guy, using your facts does that mean you weigh 150 Lbs ?

:D

I've read Stallone's personal highs in different lifts and I would crush him in all his lifts. But I weigh 70 lbs more than him....:)

TheKingpin28
December 6th, 2019, 06:40 PM
Finaly got into Fargo and am ready for this game already!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
December 6th, 2019, 07:24 PM
The dome isn’t as loud as it used to be if opposing QBs can clap their hands to ask for the snap.

Tazman2664
December 6th, 2019, 07:51 PM
The dome isn’t as loud as it used to be if opposing QBs can clap their hands to ask for the snap.

It actually is worse by doing that. The lineman have to watch the ball then, and any slight move the center does with the ball the lineman moves. Thus, the center must make sure he has a firm gripe on the ball when he first picks it up otherwise when he adjusts it after that a lineman thinks he is snapping it when he does not intend to. I always laugh when I hear someone say the lineman just need to watch the center snap the ball. The problem is, any little adjustment the center makes with the ball looks like a snap when it is not. Just ask any lineman who has been through this, it is not easy at all.

You see, after the center adjusts it once and the lineman jump, the next time there is a little adjustment they don't jump and then they are behind the defensive linemans move. This is one of those things that the defensive lineman complain about all the time. The center takes a hold of the ball and puts it down and then adjusts it a little bit and the defensive lineman jump. Always watch the centers hold of the ball and you will see the little adjustments they make to try to get the defensive lineman to jump. Any offensive line coach will tell you they work with the center on this move and most good coaches will work with the lineman also to understand the center. Teams that work this well is because they worked to be in time with the center. But for a team that has not had to prepare for this all year, but for one game, it is very tough to do.

dewey
December 6th, 2019, 10:22 PM
HERO Sports has their second round predictions.

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-predictions-second-round-bzbz

My prediction
NDSU 42
Nicholls 17

Dewey

Hood
December 7th, 2019, 05:04 AM
Nope, when Drago said that line, it was when he fought Rocky. Drago I do believe said nothing at all to Apollo Creed before their fight. To Apollo he said, "You will lose." To Rocky he said, "I must break you."

Or to quote Mr. T from Rocky III, "pain."

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2019, 05:32 AM
Playoffs for the Bison are finally here!!

Bison too good on offense and defense for Nicholls.

Bison roll 42-10

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 07:32 AM
Bison playoff football is here!

Go Bison!

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191207/d877ad52da44f4808c045bdf883ee845.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

X-Factor
December 7th, 2019, 07:58 AM
Both teams should have running room. However, the most significant difference will be NDSU Offensive Line vs Nichols D line. Even with #55 this is a big mismatch. I think Lance will throw for as much as he wants today to go with significant rushing yards in 2nd half. Bison will be 550 + yds

52-20

Redbird 4th & short
December 7th, 2019, 09:14 AM

good point .. and the home crowd was chanting the visitors name after beating the unbeatable foe ... now that would be special !!!

p.s. ISUr (and UCA) wouldn't mind that at all. xnodx

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2019, 10:36 AM
good point .. and the home crowd was chanting the visitors name after beating the unbeatable foe ... now that would be special !!!

p.s. ISUr (and UCA) wouldn't mind that at all. xnodx

Hate to disappoint you but that ain't happening xlolx

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Here is a pretty good article from the Daily Comet.

https://www.dailycomet.com/sports/20191202/mike-gegenheimer-how-big-of-underdog-is-nicholls-at-north-dakota-state

Dewey

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Here is a pretty good article from the Daily Comet.

https://www.dailycomet.com/sports/20191202/mike-gegenheimer-how-big-of-underdog-is-nicholls-at-north-dakota-state

DeweyNo chance NDSU covers the spread, none, zero, zip nada, #BOOKIT

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Dont think NDSU covers either.....ask me after the 1st quarter though. xlolx

I dont know which Bison team is gonna show up for the postseason.

Daytripper
December 7th, 2019, 01:28 PM
How drunk are Bison fans right now? Need visual evidence.

Schism55
December 7th, 2019, 02:06 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1203402690723758080
Kicker out snappin necks last night? xcoffeex

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2019, 02:21 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1203402690723758080
Kicker out snappin necks last night? xcoffeex

He's a head case I think. xlolx

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 02:33 PM
Nicholls in surrender whites. Bison 10 Nichols 0

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 02:37 PM
Huge 38 yard pickup to Ellefson.

Bison at Colonel 39.

Dewey

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 02:38 PM
****ing punt. JFC. 17 net yards.

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Tad under thrown pass

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 02:39 PM
That ball to Watson was slightly underthrown. Watson was open enough.

Colonels take over at their own about 13.

Dewey

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 02:40 PM
Tad under thrown pass
Stupid play call That was 4 down territory.

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Freaking offside on 3rd and 4. Dang it. On the corner? WTF!

Dewey

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Fourcade slips over his big mouth

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Now 3rd and 19.

Come on Bison!

Dewey

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 02:45 PM
4th down at the Colonel 23.

Dewey

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Bull**** call. Two ****ing penalties already.

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Freaking block in the back. That negated a big punt return. I would like to have seen a replay.

Dewey

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2019, 02:48 PM
Always always a flag on a punt return. Never saw the replay, couldn’t hear who they called it on

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Nicholls is physically outmatched. This is going to be ugly....

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Lmao. How was that not a false start on Coefield

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 02:52 PM
Lmao. How was that not a false start on Coefieldyep. They missed that one. Make up no call for the garbage block in the back.

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 02:52 PM
Lmao. How was that not a false start on Coefield
Was wondering that myself, even Coefield looked like he made a mistake.

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 02:53 PM
2nd and goal Bison at the Colonel ~6.

632 to go 2nd quarter.

Dewey

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Always always a flag on a punt return. Never saw the replay, couldn’t hear who they called it on

Yep. Me either. They didn't show it on TV.

Dewey

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Wow. That was the single worst pass I have seen lance throw

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Missed TD pass

Prime Power
NDSU os overrated.

BisonFan02
Yup......we have no kicker. That was ****ing stupid.

POD Knows
Good. Glad he missed it. **** it.

dewey
Wow. That was the single worst pass I have seen lance throw

Ugh. That was terrible.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 02:56 PM
What a horrible kick.....yikes!

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 02:56 PM
Giving them hope.

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 02:57 PM
Are you kidding me? He missed a chip shot. Very wide right.

Dewey

Winterborn
Crappy tackling is still a issue.

Drblankstare
WTF did our kicker do to get suspended

Daytripper
December 7th, 2019, 02:59 PM
NIcholls not looking like they are intimidated.

- - - Updated - - -

In the world we live in, why isn't that a late hit?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 02:59 PM
That looked like a blatant late hit!!

Prime Power
December 7th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Giving them hope.

Are you talking about NDSU?......

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Special teams absolute dog**** so far. This is a weak link with this team.

knit35
December 7th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Good start for Nicholls

Prime Power
December 7th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Nicholls looks like the more fired up, better coached team right now.

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:06 PM
WTF did our kicker do to get suspended

So backup kicker is out, NDSU can't make FGs?

- - - Updated - - -

TD!

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Resorting to trick plays. How very SDSU of us but a great run by Spoles

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 03:07 PM
TD Bison!! What a block by the QB!!!

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:08 PM
7-3

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Everyone can back away from the ledge now

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:09 PM
Resorting to trick plays. How very SDSU of us but a great run by Spoles

Better than not scoring. Become Boise State and only run trick plays.

dewey
Touchdown Bison!

Wide receiver reverse to Sproles.

7-3 to end the 1st quarter.

Dewey

Drblankstare
TD Bison!! What a block by the QB!!!

It was, but man I hate to risk him like that

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Everyone can back away from the ledge now
Nope. Still on the ledge. I am not coming down. You can’t make me.

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Nicholls is holding as much as possible. Picking up NFL holding strategies, NDSU needs to get this shored up.

Daytripper
December 7th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Nicholls seems to match up well, size wise.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Bison D getting shredded.

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Another hold not called.

Daytripper
December 7th, 2019, 03:21 PM
I still cannot believe we beat this Nicholls team 17-0...

Christiank22
December 7th, 2019, 03:21 PM
How do you miss that hold?

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:22 PM
9-7 Nicholls leads

Daytripper
December 7th, 2019, 03:22 PM
That was an NFL catch.

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:23 PM

Holding all game. Refs forgot the laundry home.

Prime Power
NDSU needs to hold as bad as these fat southern boys are and it won't be close.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Nicholls has playmakers! I'm surprised so far by this one....

Daytripper

We are going to go there?

BisonFan02
The Bison better collectively pull their heads out of their asses or their season is over.

Christiank22
Not too worried but holy **** these refs and our players need to get their head out their ass.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 7th, 2019, 03:24 PM
#southernspeed

Christiank22
We are going to go there?

You just looking to start something or are you blind?

Winterborn
Bison D getting shredded.Hugely.

Daytripper

The people that always complain when other team's fans blame the refs are in full force. :D

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:25 PM

If they don't figure it out, they might lose this game. Coaches need to make noise with the refs.

Daytripper
December 7th, 2019, 03:26 PM
You just looking to start something or are you blind?

What I am watching is the middle of the Bison D getting pushed off the line.

knit35
December 7th, 2019, 03:26 PM
The people that always complain when other team's fans blame the refs are in full force. :D

couldn’t agree more although it’s more a few of them vs all. It’s not the refs fault

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 03:28 PM
There is a holding penalty.

Daytripper
I don't want to hear about refs with that PF call when a Bison hit Fourcade out of bounds in the 1st.

centennial
I am starting to have a bad feeling about this game. Hope I am wrong.

knit35
December 7th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Lance looks lost

Prime Power
December 7th, 2019, 03:30 PM

That is not complaining.....oh how is Sam Houston doing today in their game?

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Lance looks lost

He is a rFr. Can't expect a good game every time.

Daytripper
That is not complaining.....oh how is Sam Houston doing today in their game?

LOL. That's all you got? Original.

centennial
14-10 NDSU

knit35
December 7th, 2019, 03:32 PM
He is a rFr. Can't expect a good game every time.

agreed lots of time left and lots of adjustments to be able to make but that’s the rhythm I thunk NDSU needs.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 03:32 PM
I don't want to hear about refs with that PF call when a Bison hit Fourcade out of bounds in the 1st.
Completely agree. And also. Their interior D line is better than ours at this point in the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 03:33 PM
Another great block springs a Bison TD!!

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 03:33 PM
Booo yeah! A little bubble screen and the corner gets sucked inside chasing the blocking down WR as Kuepuros turns the corner and there is no one there.

14-10 Bison! 413 to go 2nd quarter.

Dewey

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:34 PM
You gentlemen ever watch this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKzcfrriEME

No_Skill
December 7th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Beauty block eh?

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2019, 03:35 PM
Completely agree. And also. Their interior D line is better than ours at this point in the game.
Honestly the Bison interior D-line hasn't been very good all year. The excuse I've heard is it's the "scheme" but I tend to think there just isn't any difference makers at those positions this year. It is what it is.

Prime Power
December 7th, 2019, 03:35 PM
LOL. That's all you got? Original.

Yeah, that is all I got....and a team that wins. It must suck being a fan of a team that doesn't win anything and you have to bitch and troll fans all the time. Go back to your hole.

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Good game so far, Nichols O line has been fantastic, Bison D line been handled. If that keeps up this will be a hell of a game

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Nichols is the best offensive team we have played this year. They have good running backs, mobile qb that can throw and good wide outs.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Nichols is the best offensive team we have played this year. They have good running backs, mobile qb that can throw and good wide outs.

No they are not.

Christiank22
What I am watching is the middle of the Bison D getting pushed off the line.

Oh

Drblankstare
Bison D finally come up with a big play

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Nicholls has played a near perfect game and they'll be lucky if it's not 21-10 at half.

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Shocking a penalty on punt return.

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Tuszka just owned that left tackle and almost decapitated the quarterback. 2nd time today a big punt return has been wiped out by a penalty.

Dewey

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:42 PM
What is this review?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Targeting? HUH?!?

Drblankstare
Jesus if they call that a targeting on Nichols we all might as well go home and never play football again

Bison56
My God the WR put his head down too. So ridiculous

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 03:44 PM
That should not be targeting as the Bison WR dropped down.

Should be a no call.

Dewey

centennial
December 7th, 2019, 03:44 PM
Ejected!

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Was that targeting. I have a bad angle here

Drblankstare
That is one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. These are ****ing terrible refs

Christiank22
I don’t agree with that at all

Lorne_Malvo
Terrible call.

knit35
Awful call

Bison56
Ridiculous call, absolutely ****ing terrible call. Feel bad for the kid.

dewey
What a terrible call! He is trying to get his head in front of the WR but the WR dropped down.

TERRIBLE!

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
I feel bad for #24. That was not targeting. There wasn't even a collision...

Bisonator
December 7th, 2019, 03:46 PM
That's a bull**** targeting call. Nicholls kid got jobbed on that call.

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Ridiculous call, absolutely ****ing terrible call. Feel bad for the kid.

Agreed! That will more than likely be that kids last play this season. BS!

Dewey

Prime Power
December 7th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Lance is playing like ****. Might as well not even try a fg. This team is poorly coached.

BisonFan02
NDSU doesnt deserve to win. This is ****ing pathetic.

Bison56
Missed opportunity there.