PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Quad Shot: Week 13

MrTitleist
November 25th, 2019, 09:54 AM
The last Big Sky Quad Shot is here, and a day early!
http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conference/big-sky-quad-shot-week-13/

JALMOND
November 25th, 2019, 11:17 AM
I know he sports a controversial name in the history of the state of Montana, but if you are going to give player of the week honors to a running back, I think it should have been that Custer kid from EWU. 16 carries for 218 yards. I'd say that is pretty impressive.

MrTitleist
November 25th, 2019, 11:36 AM
I know he sports a controversial name in the history of the state of Montana, but if you are going to give player of the week honors to a running back, I think it should have been that Custer kid from EWU. 16 carries for 218 yards. I'd say that is pretty impressive.

Typically when looking at POTW if all things are equal I look at the quality of the win.. so Custer vs Portland State or Ifanse against Montana.. Montana was a very good rushing defense and Ifanse blasted them. There's typically 2-3 guys that -really- stand out, so from there I start looking at the bigger picture.

Also, I'm disappointed in you.. last week I had Idaho listed twice in the power rankings and you didn't catch it! I need an editor.... :(

MSUBobcat
November 25th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Typically when looking at POTW if all things are equal I look at the quality of the win.. so Custer vs Portland State or Ifanse against Montana.. Montana was a very good rushing defense and Ifanse blasted them. There's typically 2-3 guys that -really- stand out, so from there I start looking at the bigger picture.

Also, I'm disappointed in you.. last week I had Idaho listed twice in the power rankings and you didn't catch it! I need an editor.... :(

I agree with that sentiment. A strong performance against a top-tier opponent outweighs a similar performance against a middle of the pack. Additionally, Ifanse had THREE touchdowns to Custer's two. Given the final score (lost by 7), I'd bet Custer would trade you 47 yards for another TD...

Edit: I don't really agree that EWU has much of a gripe about not getting a berth. Maybe they can argue that UND shouldn't have gotten one either, but EWU finished with only 6 D-I wins in a 12 game season. Those losses to 6-6 JSU and 5-7 Idaho were back breakers.

JALMOND
November 25th, 2019, 01:01 PM

Sorry, things start to get chaotic over here when the Blazers start back up. It's tough enough trying to edit my own stuff.xlolx

I wasn't advocating for Custer to get it. Every time they showed him on the sideline with that stupid grin on his face, I wanted someone to knock that grin off of him. But to me, 200+ yards on just 16 carries is pretty good, regardless of the opponent.