Pages : [1] 2

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2019, 01:53 PM
#8 Villanova @ #22 Southeastern Louisiana
Saturday, 11/30 3PM CST

Ill be back with more after I do some research. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Let me take you down cause I'm going too.... Strawberry Fields ..... were nothing is real......

I would think this one might turn into a shootout..... SELA has some speed.... dare I say Southern Speed

Safe Travels and enjoy Hammond Gangtackle xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2019, 02:03 PM
SELA is solid but I like 'Nova in this one by 10-14. The Wildcats are always a tough out in the playoffs and in non-conference play.

uofmman1122
November 24th, 2019, 02:06 PM
Selfishly pulling for Villanova because I want a shot at at least some form of revenge for 2009 the next week.

CHIP72
November 24th, 2019, 02:09 PM
The ridiculousness of having Villanova go to Louisiana for a 1st round playoff game may work to my benefit; there's a slim chance I may be able to attend it. (I'll be visiting my brother at Mississippi State at Thanksgiving, and Starkville is about a 4 hour drive from Hammond, LA.) I don't think I'll be there though; we're already attending Mississippi/Mississippi State on Thanksgiving Day and probably Cincinnati/Memphis (and Jazz/Grizzlies in the NBA) on Black Friday.

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2019, 02:18 PM
The ridiculousness of having Villanova go to Louisiana for a 1st round playoff game may work to my benefit; there's a slim chance I may be able to attend it. (I'll be visiting my brother at Mississippi State at Thanksgiving, and Starkville is about a 4 hour drive from Hammond, LA.) I don't think I'll be there though; we're already attending Mississippi/Mississippi State on Thanksgiving Day and probably Cincinnati/Memphis (and Jazz/Grizzlies in the NBA) on Black Friday.

What's ridiculous about it? It's how it works. We outbid them.

CHIP72
November 24th, 2019, 02:25 PM

Villanova could have gotten a road game closer to home.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2019, 02:33 PM
Villanova could have gotten a road game closer to home.

I agree. If there was a Northeast team that should have been sent packing it was Holy Cross.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 02:41 PM
in baseball The #1 signifies the fastball

in Hammond, #1 is also about fast...... Devonte Williams is a fun player to watch....

I like this game already

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2019, 03:31 PM

It certainly is & no shadow cast on SELA. It’s a sad indictment of Villanova AD & Board that they couldn’t find the measly funds to allow this team play at home. The school just raised over $500 million. This bid was pocket change yet they choose to low bid. Disappointing, but consistent. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2019, 03:32 PM
in baseball The #1 signifies the fastball

in Hammond, #1 is also about fast...... Devonte Williams is a fun player to watch....

I like this game already

In Dan Smith we trust. xpeacex

aceinthehole
November 24th, 2019, 03:45 PM
It certainly is & no shadow cast on SELA. It’s a sad indictment of Villanova AD & Board that they couldn’t find the measly funds to allow this team play at home. The school just raised over $500 million. This bid was pocket change yet they choose to low bid. Disappointing, but consistent. xpeacex

It appears that just 2 higher ranked teams couldn't put up winning bids and were sent packing.

#8 'Nova at #22 SELA
#17 CCSU at #25 Albany

IMO - Villanova and Monmouth should have swapped match-ups

katss07
November 24th, 2019, 04:24 PM
I like this matchup, third in the CAA vs. third in the Southland. I don’t know too much about Villanova. I saw them play Colgate but that’s about it. SELA is no pushover, they’ll show how strong the Southland is.

From what I’ve seen, the Lions run a two quarterback system. Kelley is their big, pass first guy. Then they have Chason Virgil, a Fresno State transfer, who takes a majority of the snaps. Both look like good players. Wideout Austin Mitchell is their biggest playmaker on offense from what I’ve seen.

I think their defense is pretty solid. Shut out UCA so it has to be, but they’ll be missing their leading tackler for the first half due to a targeting call against Nicholls. I hope this is a close game. Very intriguing matchup and would love to see SELA in Missoula. Go Lions!

Bison56
November 24th, 2019, 04:26 PM
I think this will be a good game, I like the cross county match ups.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 04:27 PM

indeed, This is what a playoff game should be about

Outsider1
November 24th, 2019, 05:00 PM
I am with Katss07 and Caribbeanhen, I love this match-up. I make no predictions other than this should be really entertaining. We looked like total crap against SLU, but I give their defense a lot of credit. They are quick on both sides of the ball. Cross country match-ups are what the playoffs are totally about. Regional stuff is for the regular season. I hope the stadium is packed.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2019, 05:04 PM
I'm guessing the last time 'Nova played in Louisiana is the 2002 semifinal against McNeese State? That was a great game! The 'Nova QB at that time (Gordon or Boden?) played a helluva game in a losing effort.

LionUpOG
November 24th, 2019, 05:18 PM
I will be there Saturday! Can not wait. Glad that the athletic department is really investing in student athletes and programs now. I enrolled as a freshman in August of 2009 and support for athletics has come a long way in just 10 years. Hopefully we can play well and get the crowd into it so we can make the trip up north the following week.

Kabooom
November 24th, 2019, 05:20 PM
#8 Villanova @ #22 Southeastern Louisiana
Saturday, 11/30 3PM CST

Ill be back with more after I do some research. xpeacex

After the Bozeman beat-down yesterday... both of these teams have to be excited about the possibility of a successful Missoula trip ahead...

Bye week couldn't have happened at a better time for Montana. Surprised Montana got the 6th seed. Was looking for them to fall in the 8-9 area.xeyebrowx

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 07:11 PM
I like this matchup, third in the CAA vs. third in the Southland. I don’t know too much about Villanova. I saw them play Colgate but that’s about it. SELA is no pushover, they’ll show how strong the Southland is.

From what I’ve seen, the Lions run a two quarterback system. Kelley is their big, pass first guy. Then they have Chason Virgil, a Fresno State transfer, who takes a majority of the snaps. Both look like good players. Wideout Austin Mitchell is their biggest playmaker on offense from what I’ve seen.

I think their defense is pretty solid. Shut out UCA so it has to be, but they’ll be missing their leading tackler for the first half due to a targeting call against Nicholls. I hope this is a close game. Very intriguing matchup and would love to see SELA in Missoula. Go Lions!

a burner for sure

CHIP72
November 24th, 2019, 07:55 PM

I know North Dakota has some large counties area-wise, but those locations at opposite corners of the jurisdiction aren’t THAT far apart from a college football distance perspective. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ngineer
November 24th, 2019, 07:59 PM
Is Covington still hurt and/or able to play? He is a quality back. Unless 'nova has a decent back up, such loss will be significant.

Bison56
November 24th, 2019, 08:02 PM
I know North Dakota has some large counties area-wise, but those locations at opposite corners of the jurisdiction aren’t THAT far apart from a college football distance perspective. [emoji6]

xlolx opps

hebmskebm
November 24th, 2019, 08:03 PM
So what's the deal, does the Nova administration just not care about the football program? Are they making a conscious choice to not fully invest in its success? You'd think it'd be easy for a school like that to come up with the money needed if they wanted to.

bwbear
November 24th, 2019, 08:42 PM
I'm excited to watch this one as well as the Nicholls game. I'm even more excited that I should have my new 65" TV installed by then so I can have 4 games up in the ESPN app all at once.

SLU was really physical against UCA, not sure what happened with them against McNeese and UIW (several say the same thing about UCA vs Nicholls/SLU). Defense is stout, especially secondary. They are pretty stingy against the run as well.

I'm being a bit of a conference homer but I'm picking SLU here, 10 or less.

Derby City Duke
November 24th, 2019, 08:42 PM
Selfishly pulling for Villanova because I want a shot at at least some form of revenge for 2009 the next week.

Yeah that was the Griz’s 3rd straight loss to the CAA in the title game.

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2019, 08:44 PM
We're excited to be in the playoff field and have the opportunity face a quality opponent like Villanova, from outside our geographic region. I think it's going to be a helluva match up between two good offenses and two underrated defenses. Hopefully we'll get some guys back healthy on defense this week, who weren't able to go against Nicholls. Any Nova fans reading this thread, planning to make the trip?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 24th, 2019, 08:52 PM
Villanova is getting hot at the right time. I am glad JMU missed having them as a possible 2nd round match. SELA will have their hands full. Villanova is a very balanced team and well-coached. I don't know enough about SELA to say how this particular match will go, but I do see Villanova as a great dark horse candidate in the playoffs along with Wofford. Both are peaking at the right time of the year.

CHIP72
November 24th, 2019, 09:19 PM
So what's the deal, does the Nova administration just not care about the football program? Are they making a conscious choice to not fully invest in its success? You'd think it'd be easy for a school like that to come up with the money needed if they wanted to.

Villanova knows that it is their basketball program that butters their bread so to speak, so I don't think they put a ton of money into the football program.

I'll also note, and I'm not proud to say this, that the Philadelphia area does NOT support college football very well, or at least doesn't really support the highest profile programs based in the Philadelphia area. Villanova's football attendance is almost always terrible, but they aren't alone. Temple's attendance has gotten better in recent years but still isn't great, and Penn's attendance has really fallen off in the last 10-15 years. Football-wise, it is all E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!! all the time in the Delaware Valley (an alternate geographic descriptor for the Philadelphia area).

LIONFAN07
November 24th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Playoffs should be fun for us with it being the first time in since 2014. We were last four out in 2016 but that team wouldn’t have done anything anyway. This team might...really good team speed on defense and some skill on outside. Gotta matchup inside with Villanova which won’t be easy.

If there are any Nova fans coming in we can give some info about local Hammond area let us know.

smilo
November 24th, 2019, 09:22 PM
Really bummed about the location since I was at least banking on at Monmouth or at Albany for a quick road trip (since I just knew we wouldn't be bid enough...). An immediate plane trip west does not bode well for a long playoff run, which is a real shame given the potential schedule.

At least if we get knocked out in the first round it will be at the hands of a known quality opponent rather than a weak northeastern also-ran that we would be mocked about for the next year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2019, 09:24 PM
Really bummed about the location since I was at least banking on at Monmouth or at Albany for a quick road trip (since I just knew we wouldn't be bid enough...). An immediate plane trip west does not bode well for a long playoff run, which is a real shame given the potential schedule.

At least if we get knocked out in the first round it will be at the hands of a known quality opponent rather than a weak northeastern also-ran that we would be mocked about for the next year.

Getting on a plane at Philly International and making the relatively short flight to New Orleans is hardly taxing. From there it's about a 45 minute bus ride to Hammond. The travel is less than "ideal" but all and all it's an easy trip. The getting through PHL without a headache might be the worst part.

If I'm a Nova fan this would be a fun, probably pretty cheap trip/flight.

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2019, 09:31 PM
We're excited to be in the playoff field and have the opportunity face a quality opponent like Villanova, from outside our geographic region. I think it's going to be a helluva match up between two good offenses and two underrated defenses. Hopefully we'll get some guys back healthy on defense this week, who weren't able to go against Nicholls. Any Nova fans reading this thread, planning to make the trip?

Booked my flight into the Big Easy today....Late Friday night arrival into Hammond, but looking forward to a great game. I knew when Towson went down that one of the 5 Eastern schools was going to get shipped out. Never thought it would be Nova. The cost to host this game is pocket change to Nova, but a declining fan base and a tacit appetite for football doomed the Cats hopes of a home game. Talley would have got it done. Ferrante is a good company man.

We are coming with a top CAA offense and a defense that has some holes, but can hold serve most Saturdays. Covington is out for the season, but frosh Barlee has not skipped a beat as his main replacement. Plus Jalen Jackson who many think is a solid CAA starter in the making is back from his injuries. Nova is a prolific offense that had its way with most CAA defenses.

QB Dan Smith is a legit Walter Payton candidate (43 TDs 31 pass/12rushing) & WR Changa Hodge became the 1st Wildcat WR to go over 1000+ yards in 20 years. Smith makes sure all his receivers are involved in the game, but Hodge is the big time threat that he’s flashed in his 4 years here. (He’s a RS Junior)

Defensively they play an unorthodox 3-3-5 that I wish they would change sometime to a more conventional 4-3. The best DL player is Malik Fisher who is a speed pass rusher. LBs are strong with the emergence of MLB Forrest Rhyne this season. He’s over 100+ tackles with 6.5 sacks/13.5 TFLs. Hoping that his partner in crime OLB Drew Wiley is back as he’s missed the past 2 games. Wiley leads the team with 15 TFLs & has 5.5 sacks. D-backs have not played up to their potential although Jaquan Amos is having an All-CAA season and has 4 picks. Nova defense isn’t great, but can keep most opponents in tow as our offense does their thing.

Kicking game is good & bad. Punter is CAA’s best while our kicking game remains suspect.

See y’all this weekend. Expecting a high scoring game. xpeacex

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2019, 09:38 PM
I'm excited to watch this one as well as the Nicholls game. I'm even more excited that I should have my new 65" TV installed by then so I can have 4 games up in the ESPN app all at once.

SLU was really physical against UCA, not sure what happened with them against McNeese and UIW (several say the same thing about UCA vs Nicholls/SLU). Defense is stout, especially secondary. They are pretty stingy against the run as well.

I'm being a bit of a conference homer but I'm picking SLU here, 10 or less.

Against McNeese, we had a ton of injuries coming in and turned the ball over early ... fell behind 24-3 in the first half. Came all the way back to take the lead in the second half (twice), but they scored late. And no disrespect to UIW, but we literally gave that game away. We had six turnover and 13 penalties and it took every last one for us to lose. We outgained them by 200 yards and should have never been close. Our turnover margin in our three losses (prior to Nicholls) was negative 10. I think we finished -1 or even on the year. When we're good stewards of the football, and keep penalties to a minimum, we're pretty damn good.

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2019, 09:41 PM
Getting on a plane at Philly International and making the relatively short flight to New Orleans is hardly taxing. From there it's about a 45 minute bus ride to Hammond. The travel is less than "ideal" but all and all it's an easy trip. The getting through PHL without a headache might be the worst part.

If I'm a Nova fan this would be a fun, probably pretty cheap trip/flight.

Flight is not cheap due to holiday weekend. Another reason to be home, but playing in front of 10000 SLU fans seems better than 2000 Nova fans. xpeacex

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2019, 09:43 PM
Villanova is getting hot at the right time. I am glad JMU missed having them as a possible 2nd round match. SELA will have their hands full. Villanova is a very balanced team and well-coached. I don't know enough about SELA to say how this particular match will go, but I do see Villanova as a great dark horse candidate in the playoffs along with Wofford. Both are peaking at the right time of the year.

Both teams will have their hands full.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2019, 09:46 PM
Here's how they stack up statistically (national FCS ranks in parenthesis).

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49119276348_1d5d0473b0_o.jpg

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2019, 09:49 PM
Flight is not cheap due to holiday weekend. Another reason to be home, but playing in front of 10000 SLU fans seems better than 2000 Nova fans. xpeacex

Won't have near that many with it being Thanksgiving weekend and students out of town, but should be a solid crowd.

BEAR
November 24th, 2019, 09:51 PM
This is a game I'm going to watch with great interest. SLU is playing good football right now. I'm voting for the Lions in this one only because when they are focused on an opponent they can do damage quickly plus I haven't kept up with Nova so I don't know about them. Strawberry will be packed. My tv will be lit while I wait for another game at Estes Stadium. Go Lions. Do to them what you did to us. Show the FCS world your a tough out. xthumbsupx

BEAR
November 24th, 2019, 09:53 PM
Here's how they stack up statistically (national FCS ranks in parenthesis).

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49119276348_1d5d0473b0_o.jpg

Dang parallel teams!

Daytripper
November 25th, 2019, 06:21 AM
Of the three Southland teams in the playoffs, I actually think SLU has the best chance to go deep in the playoffs. I hope they all do well, but SELA is balanced and fast. This is going to be a good game. Montana will have its hands full regardless of who wins this game. I'm taking the home team Lions by 6 points.

bluehenbillk
November 25th, 2019, 07:01 AM

Actually you'll be happy to know Villanova didn't "low bid" the playoffs - they submitted no bid....

Ivytalk
November 25th, 2019, 07:06 AM
Get some good gumbo while you’re there, Wildcats!

Anthony215
November 25th, 2019, 08:03 AM
This should be a heck of a matchup and despite being on the road I wouldn't bet against the Wildcats winning this game. As previously mentioned they have some holes on defense and are missing a all conference RB but their replacements have filled in as best as possible and held down the fort.

McNeese75
November 25th, 2019, 08:38 AM
Of the three Southland teams in the playoffs, I actually think SLU has the best chance to go deep in the playoffs. I hope they all do well, but SELA is balanced and fast. This is going to be a good game. Montana will have its hands full regardless of who wins this game. I'm taking the home team Lions by 6 points.

Well, if coaching decisions are made like they were at the end of the Nicholls game the Lions will get blown out of this one.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2019, 09:01 AM
In Dan Smith we trust. xpeacex

tell me he is a senior.... Dan Smith doesn't jump out as an all world talent but he will pick you apart..... very accurate passer and can go deep, he's got some speed too

I can see him picking apart the SELA defense .....

having said all that, Nova Defense is going to have hands full with all the skill players the Lions will come with.... this is not CAA Speed were talking about here....

tough enough game to pick the winner much less bet.... forget about it

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Villanova SLC history:

12/14/2002: @ McNeese State L 28-39
12/4/2010: @Stephen F Austin W 54-24
12/13/2015: Sam Houston State L 31-34
12/1/2019: @ SELA ??

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2019, 09:06 AM
tell me he is a senior.... Dan Smith doesn't jump out as an all world talent but he will pick you apart..... very accurate passer and can go deep, he's got some speed too

I can see him picking apart the SELA defense .....

having said all that, Nova Defense is going to have hands full with all the skill players the Lions will come with.... this is not CAA Speed were talking about here....

tough enough game to pick the winner much less bet.... forget about it

He’ll be back next season. Nova graduates 3 defensive starters. Entire offense is back next season. xpeacex

BEAR
November 25th, 2019, 09:34 AM
OP: Can you add a poll to this thread? xeyebrowx

Bear84
November 25th, 2019, 09:45 AM
If both SLU and Villanova show up and play well, this could be one of the best first round match ups. Both offenses can be very explosive. Lines are not out yet, but I guessing the over/under will be pretty high.

Silenoz
November 25th, 2019, 11:39 AM
On the one hand, I'm rooting for a chance for get some payback on Nova. On the other hand, it's always nice to play a new team for the first time.

On the third hand, be careful what you wish for as both teams could smoke our asses.

Schism55
November 25th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Hope the Lions are up to date on their scoreboard maintenance, this should be a fun shoot out. I like SELA by one score.

Outsider1
November 25th, 2019, 11:54 AM

Man, that trip would be worth it just for the food....

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2019, 12:24 PM
Something to look out for if you're Villanova. It may be nothing or hater talk (and I'm not hijacking this thread, just putting this out here for folks to think about):

The CAA really needs to rack up some wins outside of JMU in the playoffs, given how this year played out and how last year's playoffs went.

Maybe it's just a drought. Maybe the conference is on the downward trajectory. I don't know.

But the reality is that the conference (outside of JMU, of course) has has 3 wins against fully-scholarshipped playoff teams (not NEC/Patriot/Pioneer, in other words) since 2017. I don't like Albany's chances at Montana State IMO, so Nova has to be the one to up that number. If they don't, there's clear signs of at least a recession.

I picked SELA, but I'll be rooting for Nova.

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Something to look out for if you're Villanova. It may be nothing or hater talk (and I'm not hijacking this thread, just putting this out here for folks to think about):

The CAA really needs to rack up some wins outside of JMU in the playoffs, given how this year played out and how last year's playoffs went.

Maybe it's just a drought. Maybe the conference is on the downward trajectory. I don't know.

But the reality is that the conference (outside of JMU, of course) has has 3 wins against fully-scholarshipped playoff teams (not NEC/Patriot/Pioneer, in other words) since 2017. I don't like Albany's chances at Montana State IMO, so Nova has to be the one to up that number. If they don't, there's clear signs of at least a recession.

Hey, Albany has to get past CCSU first.

And let's not forget CAA at-large and Nationally-ranked #16 Towson lost in the First Round at home to an unranked Duquesne from the NEC just last year!

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Hey, Albany has to get past CCSU first.

And let's not forget CAA at-large and Nationally-ranked #16 Towson lost in the First Round at home to an unranked Duquesne from the NEC just last year!

Albany beating (or losing to) CCSU wouldn't help the argument because the NEC doesn't have the full 63 scholarships. Though CCSU beating Albany (and going on to beat Montana State!) would make a case for the NEC being better than people think, my point here was about the CAA against similarly "manned" conferences being pretty poor in the last couple years.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2019, 02:40 PM
Albany beating (or losing to) CCSU wouldn't help the argument because the NEC doesn't have the full 63 scholarships. Though CCSU beating Albany (and going on to beat Montana State!) would make a case for the NEC being better than people think, my point here was about the CAA against similarly "manned" conferences being pretty poor in the last couple years.

CAA has been heading south for years, we keep headed that way we will be as far south as the once might Southern Conference

Bison56
November 25th, 2019, 02:51 PM

Never hss there been a post made on AGS that is as true as this.

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2019, 04:46 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......and the CAA went 2-0 vs. the SoCon this season. Towson beat The Citadel & JMU toyed with Chatty. Maybe the SoCon isn’t deserving of multiple playoff teams???

TBH.....I just care about Nova. I’ll leave the rest of the CAA to fend for themselves. Could care less if they win or lose... or whether the CAA is up, down, or sideways.

Besides didnt Maine just go to the semi-finals with wins over Jax State & Weber State? The world of regionalization pits the CAA against the NEC & Patriot. Call the NCAA and have them change it. xpeacex

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2019, 05:41 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......and the CAA went 2-0 vs. the SoCon this season. Towson beat The Citadel & JMU toyed with Chatty. Maybe the SoCon isn’t deserving of multiple playoff teams???

TBH.....I just care about Nova. I’ll leave the rest of the CAA to fend for themselves. Could care less if they win or lose... or whether the CAA is up, down, or sideways.

Besides didnt Maine just go to the semi-finals with wins over Jax State & Weber State? The world of regionalization pits the CAA against the NEC & Patriot. Call the NCAA and have them change it. xpeacexYeah and my team hasn't lost to a CAA team in over a decade chief.

If the CAA doesn't produce some wins this year, the days of 4+ will be long behind them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2019, 06:14 PM
Yeah and my team hasn't lost to a CAA team in over a decade chief.

If the CAA doesn't produce some wins this year, the days of 4+ will be long behind them.

Come on Skippy......2018 Elon (former SoCon member, but u get to count it) & 2012 UNH.....2-2 if u change your biased time frame to 12 years instead of 10.

Lol. xpeacex

cx500d
November 25th, 2019, 06:27 PM
Yeah and my team hasn't lost to a CAA team in over a decade chief.

how many games against the caa have you played?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 25th, 2019, 10:38 PM

Never hss there been a post made on AGS that is as true as this.

One of my better road trips for sure!! Fans were genuinely hospitable and very gracious after a close loss.

Cochon du Lait, Blacked Redfish, Gumbo, Crawfish Etoufee, Jambalaya, Shrimp Creole, Catfish with Crawfish sauce.............

I was so upset that I had to add a day or two to the weekend to have reasonable flights.........NOT!!!!!! The World War Two Museum in New Orleans is definitely worth a visit. The French Quarter is only an hour's drive away. I strongly recommend Main Line Wildcat fans make the trip down to SELA!

A couple of recommendations, one a restaurant in the French Quarter and one a BBQ joint out East near Lake Pontchartrain:

https://www.redfishgrill.com/

https://cochondelaitpoboys.com/

lionsrking2
November 26th, 2019, 12:57 AM
One of my better road trips for sure!! Fans were genuinely hospitable and very gracious after a close loss.

Cochon du Lait, Blacked Redfish, Gumbo, Crawfish Etoufee, Jambalaya, Shrimp Creole, Catfish with Crawfish sauce.............

I was so upset that I had to add a day or two to the weekend to have reasonable flights.........NOT!!!!!! The World War Two Museum in New Orleans is definitely worth a visit. The French Quarter is only an hour's drive away. I strongly recommend Main Line Wildcat fans make the trip down to SELA!

A couple of recommendations, one a restaurant in the French Quarter and one a BBQ joint out East near Lake Pontchartrain:

Don't remind us of that night in 2013. Barn burner of a game that went down to the final seconds but a dagger for the Lions. xbawlingx

I know visiting fans from parts far away like to visit New Orleans (can't blame 'em), but for those planning to stay in Hammond, we have a great local restaurant/bar scene, especially for smaller college town. We have just about every kind of food option you can think of ... definitely an alternative if you're just coming in for the game and want to stay close by.

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2019, 07:23 AM
5dimes opening line: Villanova -1 (o/u 68.5)

Daytripper
November 26th, 2019, 07:48 AM

I second the World War II Museum. If you are going to do it right, set aside and entire day, maybe 2.

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Entertaining look at SELA football & HC:

https://youtu.be/U5IC0wMiDZs

lionsrking2
November 26th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Entertaining look at SELA football & HC:

https://youtu.be/U5IC0wMiDZs

Frank Scelfo is awesome. Good dude, good sense of humor, and doing a great job. Congrats to him for being named Southland Coach of the Year.

lionsrking2
November 26th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Here's a link to our message board if interested ... it's free but you have to register to log in and post.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/slulionsden/

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 26th, 2019, 03:44 PM
I second the World War II Museum. If you are going to do it right, set aside and entire day, maybe 2.

I agree with you on the two days! And they've probably opened more exhibits since 2013. I seem to recall a couple under construction.

lionsrking2
November 26th, 2019, 03:48 PM
I agree with you on the two days! And they've probably opened more exhibits since 2013. I seem to recall a couple under construction.

Yeah lots of new stuff since then. WW II museum is awesome.

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2019, 08:01 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/fcs-playoffs-villanova-southeastern-louisiana-124929132--ncaaf.html

LionNation1989
November 27th, 2019, 09:29 PM
https://twitter.com/sluathmarketing/status/1199876789465731073?s=21

Gangtackle11
November 28th, 2019, 05:05 AM
SELA game notes:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/lionsports.net/documents/2019/11/26/fb_villanova_fcs_playoff_game_notes_113019.pdf

Gangtackle11
November 28th, 2019, 05:11 AM
Villanova game notes:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/villanova.com/documents/2019/11/27/G13_Southeastern_Louisiana.pdf

Bison56
November 28th, 2019, 09:19 AM

Well worth the visit, and bring bigger pants because the food is just to damn good.xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2019, 01:30 PM
So LionsRKing2, Is the Ponchatoula Hammond Metro all fired up about the Yankees coming to town?

lionsrking2
November 28th, 2019, 01:40 PM
So LionsRKing2, Is the Ponchatoula Hammond Metro all fired up about the Yankees coming to town?

I'd say there's a solid level of playoff excitement. We don't care who we play, spot the ball and let's go.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2019, 01:59 PM
I'd say there's a solid level of playoff excitement. We don't care who we play, spot the ball and let's go.

this is the must see game of the first round

but the second place game, Nicholls North Dakota is on at the same time..... i have not figured out how to split screen the Roku for multi game viewing...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 28th, 2019, 02:07 PM

I don't care if CCSU has 0 scholarships. They're a legit Top 15 team this season. San Diego technically has zero scholarships and they can compete with and maybe beat 95% of FCS.

Plenty of ways to build good teams/programs in FCS. It's been like that for years. I'm happy to see it still exists. San Diego is similar to what Lehigh and Colgate were 10-20 years ago.

I still have faith in 'Nova. Their talent level is always among the best in FCS.

Twentysix
November 29th, 2019, 06:58 AM
this is the must see game of the first round

but the second place game, Nicholls North Dakota is on at the same time..... i have not figured out how to split screen the Roku for multi game viewing...

It might be possible if your TV has built in PiP (super uncommon these days so pretty unlikely). Alternatively, If you have a chromecast you could cast the webpage and run ESPN's PiP available on the website. That usually results in a ****tier overall video quality though.

If all else fails run one on a laptop and the other on the TV.

knit35
November 29th, 2019, 07:30 AM
It might be possible if your TV has built in PiP (super uncommon these days so pretty unlikely). Alternatively, If you have a chromecast you could cast the webpage and run ESPN's PiP available on the website. That usually results in a ****tier overall video quality though.

I know you mentioned Roku but ESPN+ on Apple TV allows this feature if that is helpful.

Schism55
November 29th, 2019, 11:45 AM
TV, 2 laptops and a Kindle...only weekend I try to watch 4 games at once...Of course there is also D2 and D3 playoff games and a TON of great FBS rivalry games. My eyes are already hurting

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2019, 11:56 AM

Thank you 26,

Looks like Ill go with Nova SELA on big screen via Roku and Nicholls North Dakota on laptop

will use cell phone to surf different games

pokefan02
November 29th, 2019, 05:24 PM
I purchased a 32 inch tv specifically for watching 2 games at once. The one thing I would recommend is to not buy the same brand as your main tv. I unfortunately learned this the hard way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2019, 05:33 PM
I got my Louisiana games a bit confused relative to Gangtackle and posted this in the Nicholls thread. The humidity talk in that thread really got me unraveled

The Vile-grad should be arriving in Hammond sometime tonight. I'm guessing they'll be 75-100 'Nova faithful there tomomorrow...

Puddin Tane
November 29th, 2019, 05:42 PM
Wonder how much Lsu game will affect attendance at both Louisiana games? Later start should help? Lsu, UT, and aggy games kill attendance at LU. The wannabes stay on the couch.

lionsrking2
November 30th, 2019, 12:24 AM
Wonder how much Lsu game will affect attendance at both Louisiana games? Later start should help? Lsu, UT, and aggy games kill attendance at LU. The wannabes stay on the couch.

I don't think LSU will have that much impact on our game. The bigger factor will be Thanksgiving weekend and students being out of town. And Villanova is 1,250 miles away. Weather should be nice. 77 degrees, partly cloudy, wind out of the south/southwest at 11 mph at kickoff time. Should be a good one.

BEAR
November 30th, 2019, 03:36 PM
SLU 7
Nova 3

2 min left in 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 04:04 PM
'Nova just scored....

Wildcats 17-7 7:17 2Q

CHIP72
November 30th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Villanova intercepts a deflected pass and returns it 80+ yards for touchdown.

The Wildcats lead Southeastern Louisiana 17-7 with a little more than 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

knit35
November 30th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Nova defense playing well. Two 4th down stops and pick 6

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 04:13 PM
'Nova is physically whooping up on SELA. Tons of fluff in the playoffs...

'Cats 24 SELA 7 3:28 2Q

knit35
November 30th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Gangtackle is currently delirious

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 04:15 PM

If you see a guy shirtless wearing blue and white beads it's gotta be him....

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 30th, 2019, 04:16 PM
Smith with a zone read run for 30 plus yards, Nova 24 SELA 7, 3 minutes left in the 2nd.
SELA answers right back on a quick drive 24-14, minute 20 seconds left in the half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Smith with a zone read run for 30 plus yards, Nova 24 SELA 7, 3 minutes left in the 3rd.

It's not even half yet...

UNHWildcat18
CAA which we all believed was not that much of a difference between the 2-10th place teams is currently dominating its first two opponents in the playoffs. Thank you Albany and please Nova score another 30 points.

Grizalltheway
I can't wait to see how many times he cites the 2009 game as a reason for why they'll win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 04:20 PM
SELA with a much needed response. Some nice pass plays picked up big yardage....

'Nova 24-14 1:33 2Q

knit35
November 30th, 2019, 04:24 PM
I can't wait to see how many times he cites the 2009 game as a reason for why they'll win.

This and “In Smith we trust” xthumbsupx

Bison56
November 30th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Thought this would be a good game, but VU is destroying the SELU D.

Daytripper
November 30th, 2019, 04:26 PM
How do you let that happen?

knit35
Oh My great TD before half

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD 'Nova on a 56 yard TD pass from Smith!!

'Nova 31-14 0:28 2Q

Daytripper
Thought this would be a good game, but VU is destroying the SELU D.

All season you never knew which SLU team would show up.

Professor Chaos
SLU gets their leading tackler Alexis Ramos back in the 2nd half and boy do they need a jolt on that side of the ball. He had to sit out the first half after getting a targeting penalty in the 2nd half of their last regular season game.

CHIP72
November 30th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Daniel Smith really made some big plays at quarterback in the 1st half for Villanova.

Puddin Tane
November 30th, 2019, 04:36 PM
All season you never knew which SLU team would show up.

yup, they gave up 30 something points against our nonexistent offense

BEAR
November 30th, 2019, 04:42 PM
SLC fans have said this all year...the conference is bipolar. Pretty much.

Peems
November 30th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Just turned the game on, SELA looks fast

Peems
November 30th, 2019, 05:02 PM
TD SELA, XP pending. Power run right thru the 'nova D

- - - Updated - - -

Stream for any cheap bastards like me: http://mygoodstream.pw/espn/sec5.php?id=112517272&co=BR&type=live&game=Villanova+vs.+Southeastern+Louisiana+%28First +Round%29

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 05:03 PM
Impressive drive by SELA to pull within 10. They've been able to get guys in space their last two possessions.

'Nova 31-21 10;31 3Q

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2019, 05:09 PM
Devonte Williams is a hot dog

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Both teams taking stupid penalties. SELA has their offense rolling. Their speed is winning against 'Nova's physicality at this point...

TD SELA! Wow!

31-28 6:31 3Q

As a Temple alum a 'Nova gag has its appeal....

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2019, 05:19 PM
Villanova looking like a very undisciplined team right now.

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Not sure what to think about these teams now.

Nova looked really scary in the first half, and now I’m worried about SLU’s speed.

smilo
November 30th, 2019, 05:24 PM
I knew we had lost after the first drive of the second half went backwards. Fire Ferrante, get this guy out of this school, state, country. Out out out

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 05:25 PM
Ferrente has been completely outcoached since half. SELA's staff has done a great job making adjustments.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 05:30 PM
SELA has fought back to tie the game! Complete domination in the 3rd quarter.

Gangtackle is probably struggling right now....

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2019, 05:36 PM
game is playing out just as predicted.... great playoff football

BEAR
November 30th, 2019, 05:40 PM
Ouch. Big play on 4th down

Schism55
November 30th, 2019, 05:41 PM
Nova have some Ambien stew at halftime?? Wake up 'cats

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD 'Cats! Helluva response!

'Nova 38-31 13:06 4Q

Daytripper
Great play fake. This game is living up to the billing.

Nova09
Not sure what to think about these teams now.

Nova looked really scary in the first half, and now I’m worried about SLU’s speed.

If amos is out, you definitely want to play nova

Daytripper
November 30th, 2019, 05:45 PM
Big mo' just changed.

Daytripper
November 30th, 2019, 05:50 PM
Lions catch a huge break with that missed TD pass.

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2019, 05:50 PM
Terrible throw. Should’ve been a score. Yikes.

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2019, 05:52 PM
All this lateral movement from SELA scares the **** out of this Griz fan. We are not great against that stuff.

Daytripper
November 30th, 2019, 05:54 PM
Give #1 the ball every time.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 05:56 PM
TD SELA! On a day with a lot of duds we got a good one in Cajun Country!!

38-38 6:36 4Q

Daytripper
November 30th, 2019, 05:57 PM
All this lateral movement from SELA scares the **** out of this Griz fan. We are not great against that stuff.

Whoever plays the Griz will be a tough out.

mvfcfan
November 30th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Hoping SELA can pull this one out.

BEAR
November 30th, 2019, 06:00 PM
SLU feelin it

edit: ouch

mvfcfan
November 30th, 2019, 06:02 PM
Wow Nova missed the PAT.

knit35
Great Throw

Daytripper
What a game. This is fun to watch.

Schism55
Nova TD! Missed XP! Wild game

BEAR
He missed the xtra

Daytripper
Ruh-roh.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2019, 06:03 PM
'Nova can push the SELA DL back. Going side to side against their D is tough! TD 'Nova! wow what a strike! But the XP is blocked! Ohh that 'Nova kicking game!!

44-38 4:46 4Q

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2019, 06:03 PM
Oh no, Nova

Bison56
November 30th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Game of the day.

smilo
Every staple of a Villanova football game. Lovely.

caribbeanhen
He missed the xtra

that is always a part of the script with Nova

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 30th, 2019, 06:05 PM
What a frigging game. Anyone watching Bama-Auburn will notice this game and that one are scoring at the same time, amazing!!!

Bison56
November 30th, 2019, 06:06 PM
What a frigging game. Anyone watching Bama-Auburn will notice this game and that one are scoring at the same time, amazing!!!

I got them both on, good stuff.

mvfcfan
November 30th, 2019, 06:06 PM
What is defense? xlolx

Bisonator
November 30th, 2019, 06:07 PM
This games crazy. Defense optional!xlolx

BEAR
November 30th, 2019, 06:07 PM
Announcer: Watch the speed here xlolx

BEAR
November 30th, 2019, 06:09 PM
TD!

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD SELA on 4th down! XP partially blocked but still goes through!

45-44 2:56 4Q

mvfcfan
SELA takes the lead!!! Get a stop and win it here!

uofmman1122
What a game.

Professor Chaos
SLU scored too quickly. Will Villanova do the same???

Daytripper
November 30th, 2019, 06:10 PM
Wow. SELA has to play some defense now.

BEAR
November 30th, 2019, 06:10 PM
Strawberry looking for another victim.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2019, 06:11 PM
If the playoffs were truly just the loser of this game would advance in place of UNI.

POD Knows
Team with the ball at the end of the game wins this one. Congrats Nova. :D

Bisonator
One of those games last team with the ball wins?

Peems
November 30th, 2019, 06:12 PM
If the playoffs were truly just the loser of this game would advance in place of UNI.

LOL

BEAR
November 30th, 2019, 06:13 PM
Turnover time!

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2019, 06:13 PM
Team with the ball at the end of the game wins this one. Congrats Nova. :D
You thinking Nova gets 2 more possessions? The way these offenses are going I don't think it takes them 3 minutes to score again.

mvfcfan
November 30th, 2019, 06:15 PM
SELA gets bailed out with OPI. They really need to step it up on defense. This is game.

BEAR
Nova making some good catches.

uofmman1122
Zero. Defense. lol

Daytripper
Unbelievable.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2019, 06:16 PM
That OPI may be fortuitous for Nova in the end.

EDIT: Really weak call also

Daytripper
Terrible call. This coming from somebody who wants SELA to win.

BisonFan02
Brutal......

Go Lehigh TU owl
'Nova TD waved off due to offensive PI. That was a dicey call....

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2019, 06:17 PM
Didn’t look like PI to me...

BEAR
Ouch

knit35
BS OPI call. Garbage

mvfcfan
3rd and 20. If SELA can't stop them here they will lose.

POD Knows
Terrible call on Villanova. OMFG. Absolute bull****.

Bisonator
November 30th, 2019, 06:18 PM
It was a good call he pushed off.

Chalupa Batman
That was a hell of a snag, and a pretty weak call to ruin it

Professor Chaos
Terrible call. This coming from somebody who wants SELA to win.
In the end that OPI may prevent SELA from winning. I have little doubt they would've marched down to score again with 90 seconds remaining. Now, assuming Nova can overcome that penalty they'll probably be able to bleed the clock all the way down.

VUCats02
One of the worst calls I have EVER seen!!! OMGGGG

mvfcfan
November 30th, 2019, 06:19 PM
It sounds loud there. 4th and 9. This really is game!

POD Knows
November 30th, 2019, 06:19 PM
You thinking Nova gets 2 more possessions? The way these offenses are going I don't think it takes them 3 minutes to score again.
Yea. It didn’t take Nova three minutes to score but the refs ****ed them.

Daytripper
November 30th, 2019, 06:20 PM
This has been an incredible game.

BEAR
November 30th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Terrible call on Villanova. OMFG. Absolute bull****.

SLC officiating? If it is then that's typical.

- - - Updated - - -

That's game!

Chalupa Batman
Wow he had him too

Daytripper
I will admit that the OPI was bull****, but damn, Smith missed that pass.

mvfcfan
November 30th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Way to go SELA!!! SLC just keeps getting better!

Peems
Can't wait to welcome the southern boys up north. Hope to meet some fans next week!

Professor Chaos
SLC officiating? If it is then that's typical.

- - - Updated - - -

That's game!
Nope, can't be with a SLC team playing. Has to be a crew from a different conference.

SLU holds. What a game. Feel bad for Nova... they played their hearts out.

Grizzlies82
Missed extra point is difference. Damn what a game

CHIP72
****ty call on the phantom offensive pass interference costs Villanova, not only on negating the touchdown but also with the 15 penalty yards.

VUCats02
That is a brutal way to end the season. Horrible call but this is why basketball is LYFE!

Go Lehigh TU owl
SELA will hold on! The PI call was brutal but so was the blocked XP. Glad we got a great game today. A lot of "blah"...

Montana-SELA could be interesting? Both Montana schools have to deal with explosive offenses.

Bisonator
Congrats to the Lions!

knit35
November 30th, 2019, 06:23 PM
Congrats SELA but unfortunate OPI call. Shouldn’t have missed the PAT too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2019, 06:23 PM
That offensive pass interference was a bogus call.

Bison56
November 30th, 2019, 06:24 PM
Dont blow a huge lead, dont miss an xtra point, and the OPI doesnt matter, great comeback by SLU.

Daytripper
November 30th, 2019, 06:24 PM
Nova coach is not happy.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 30th, 2019, 06:25 PM
Villanovas HC acting like a douchebag after the game

Make your extra point next time bitch

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2019, 06:25 PM
Lol Nova’s coach is being a little ridiculous

CHIP72
November 30th, 2019, 06:26 PM
I will admit that the OPI was bull****, but damn, Smith missed that pass.

He did, but that was due to the pressure. The missed pass that really killed Villanova was earlier in the 4th quarter on 4th down when Smith had time and badly missed a deep pass on the sideline near the goal line. The Wildcats probably would have scored a touchdown on that possession.

VUCats02
An absolute nightmare showing by the Big Sky refs. They did not want Montana seeing Nova!!!! :D also I have never seen so many taunting penalties called. That is football.....Players talk trash on every play.

Bison56
Lol what a loser.

BEAR
The blame is on Nova missing the Xtra point. Sure the OPI was bunk but it wouldn't have mattered if the kick was made.

Chalupa Batman
This game almost makes up for all the other games being duds

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 30th, 2019, 06:28 PM
Ferrante losing his mind, assume it was on the OPI. On replay it didn't look legit, would like to see it live and the angle the ref saw it. Great game nonetheless.

TennBison
Lol Nova’s coach is being a little ridiculous
More than just a little, show some class. Lose with grace and don't taint what the other team accomplished. Yelling and pointing fingers at people as you walk out to shake hands with the other coach, no respect.

Bisonator
Not sure why everyone thinks the OPI was a bad call. The nova receiver clearly pushed off and when you extend your arm like that you're gonna get called every time. Either way that's not what cost them the game. The missed PAT cost them the game. Their ****ty defense cost them the game.

BEAR
November 30th, 2019, 06:29 PM
SLC is 2-0 so far!

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2019, 06:29 PM
well they never call that ..... except today they decide to make that call..... ridiculous and that is from a guy who was pulling for SELA....

smilo
November 30th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Congratulations Southeastern - one of my favorite programs in the SLC. What a talented group!

However, I am not taking this well and am sicker than I have ever been over a sports game. Stony Brook was worse just this season but at least 100 percent self inflicted.

TennBison
November 30th, 2019, 06:31 PM
An absolute nightmare showing by the Big Sky refs. They did not want Montana seeing Nova!!!! :D also I have never seen so many taunting penalties called. That is football.....Players talk trash on every play.
Yeeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhhh that's what it was.

Peems
November 30th, 2019, 06:31 PM
i turned it off after 'nova turned it over on downs. What did the 'nova coach do exactly? any footage?

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2019, 06:33 PM
i turned it off after 'nova turned it over on downs. What did the 'nova coach do exactly? any footage?

He basically tried to give himself a myocardial infarction

UNHWildcat18
November 30th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Up 31-14 at half. Nova coach is straight garbage in the second half. Embarrassing how the second half went as a whole down to the final play

Peems
November 30th, 2019, 06:59 PM
He basically tried to give himself a myocardial infarction

lol, thanks

Hood
November 30th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Congrats Southeastern!

POD Knows
November 30th, 2019, 07:09 PM
Nope, can't be with a SLC team playing. Has to be a crew from a different conference.

SLU holds. What a game. Feel bad for Nova... their offense played their hearts out.FYP

Outsider1
November 30th, 2019, 07:29 PM
Congrats Lions, great comeback. Step up your defense and keep everything else up next week. Montana should be an interesting game...

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2019, 07:37 PM
well they never call that ..... except today they decide to make that call..... ridiculous and that is from a guy who was pulling for SELA....

....AN' UH TARGETIN' PENALTY...NEVERAH CALLED OH HELMET/HELMET ON 'NOVA QB....EARY IN GAME....AWK!

........AN' SE LA PLAYER.........(WHOM MISSED FIRST HALF AS PUNISHMENT FO' LAST WEEKS THUGGERY).........TAKES 'NOVA RECEIVER...OUT UH BOUNDS.....ALL DUH WAY TA BEYOND BENCH....NO PERSONAL FOUL RUFFIN'............GUMBO WAS SERVED ALL DAY LONG....IN HAMMOND.....BRAWK!

.....AN' HAVIN' DAT TD CALLED BACK FO' PUSHIN' OFF...WAS DUH PLAY UH GAME.....NOT DUH MISSED KICK.....IT WAS DUH WINNIN' PLAY......PLAYIN' WHIFF FRESHMEN ALL OVERAH......'YOU'LL BE SEEIN' 'NOVA AGIN NEXT YEAR......BRAWK!

RootinFerDukes
November 30th, 2019, 07:40 PM
I'm sorry Villanova. You had the game won and the officials wronged you in the worst possible way. AGS voters, please adjust your votes accordingly.

BEAR
November 30th, 2019, 07:43 PM
I'm sorry Villanova. You had the game won and the officials wronged you in the worst possible way. AGS voters, please adjust your votes accordingly.

Yes I saw that official block that extra point. Dude, a game isn't won or lost on one play. I mean they did also overthrow a wide open receiver at the very end too. Can't blame the refs for that miss either.

semobison
November 30th, 2019, 07:48 PM

Im not sure it would have been over with 1:35 left on the clock if the score had counted the way SELU was moving the ball in the 2nd half. It would have been interesting.

lionsrking2
November 30th, 2019, 07:52 PM
Im not sure it would have been over with 1:35 left on the clock if the score had counted the way SELU was moving the ball in the 2nd half. It would have been interesting.

There is zero chance Villanova would have stopped us had PI not been called. Peace out.

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2019, 07:53 PM
Yes I saw that official block that extra point. Dude, a game isn't won or lost on one play. I mean they did also overthrow a wide open receiver at the very end too. Can't blame the refs for that miss either.

It's a CAA thing to blame the refs.

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2019, 07:58 PM
It's a CAA thing to blame the refs.

........YER COACHES...NEVER WENT OFF..ON UH BAD CALL?......SEEMS AH'VE READ CONTRARY....THRU-OUT...YEARS UH BEIN' ON AGS.......STILL PLENTY UH BALL LEFT.....HOPE YOUSE AREN'T ON DUH SAME END...UH STICK....IN GAMES TA COME..........BRAWK!

RootinFerDukes
November 30th, 2019, 08:02 PM

They weren't perfect, but they won the game. It's just pathetic that an entire season is thrown away on a pee wee league call.

Bison56
November 30th, 2019, 08:02 PM
....AN' UH TARGETIN' PENALTY...NEVERAH CALLED OH HELMET/HELMET ON 'NOVA QB....EARY IN GAME....AWK!

........AN' SE LA PLAYER.........(WHOM MISSED FIRST HALF AS PUNISHMENT FO' LAST WEEKS THUGGERY).........TAKES 'NOVA RECEIVER...OUT UH BOUNDS.....ALL DUH WAY TA BEYOND BENCH....NO PERSONAL FOUL RUFFIN'............GUMBO WAS SERVED ALL DAY LONG....IN HAMMOND.....BRAWK!

.....AN' HAVIN' DAT TD CALLED BACK FO' PUSHIN' OFF...WAS DUH PLAY UH GAME.....NOT DUH MISSED KICK.....IT WAS DUH WINNIN' PLAY......PLAYIN' WHIFF FRESHMEN ALL OVERAH......'YOU'LL BE SEEIN' 'NOVA AGIN NEXT YEAR......BRAWK!

So giving up a 17 point lead wasnt an issue?

RootinFerDukes
November 30th, 2019, 08:04 PM

A valid point. Neither team was playing defense. There's no changing the fact that the officials impacted the outcome though and that was nothing resembling offensive pass interference.

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2019, 08:05 PM

...WAS JES' PART UH GAME.......SELA GOT HOT...FO' UH TIME...........DUH WINNIN' PLAY.....WAS ERASED........ANY X-CUSES YA GOT....NULL/VOID......AWK!

.....AH NEVERAH EXPECT.....FLY OVERAH STATES....TA BE REASONABLE.....DUH.....CHILDREN UH CORN.........AWK!

Outsider1
November 30th, 2019, 08:06 PM
They weren't perfect, but they won the game. It's just pathetic that an entire season is thrown away on a pee wee league call.

Sorry, but 56's quote needs to go here...

"So giving up a 17 point lead wasnt an issue?"

LionUp
November 30th, 2019, 08:09 PM

That’s what I’m saying Bison dude. These clowns all whining over one call. THEN DON’T LET SLU back in the game when you got by 17!!! (17, not 21. Just got caught up re-watching the game on ESPN). And don’t miss the extra point. If you put yourself in a position to lose by one call, then tough. And chicken boy that doesn’t know English, You obviously don’t know football either. Push off with your arm straight out is gonna get you called every time. Bottom line: SLU defense stepped up and took three possessions from them and capitalized.

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2019, 08:11 PM
...DOESN'T BOTHER DUH CHICKEN.....'NOVA LOST......BUT HOW.........WOUNDED 'CATS WOODN'T UH GOT PAST GRIZZWALDS ANYWHO.......TOO BANGED UP........BRAWK!

Puddin Tane
November 30th, 2019, 08:23 PM
I’d like to offer some insight......but I quit watching at half ...dammit

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2019, 08:32 PM
A valid point. Neither team was playing defense. There's no changing the fact that the officials impacted the outcome though and that was nothing resembling offensive pass interference.
It definitely resembled OPI. He extended his arm to give the defender a push. That said it was an incredibly weak call and one that is hardly ever made in any situation much less that crucial of a situation.

mvfcfan
November 30th, 2019, 08:35 PM
I honestly don't feel bad for Villanova at all. They get help from the refs every year in the NCAA basketball tournament. I remember one year in particular where the refs cheated RMU out of an upset. Villanova is just a big school with FCS football. It is actually refreshing to see a call go against them for once.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2019, 08:37 PM
It definitely resembled OPI. He extended his arm to give the defender a push. That said it was an incredibly weak call and one that is hardly ever made in any situation much less that crucial of a situation.

this here.... that play was to pretty for the ref to be involved

smilo
November 30th, 2019, 08:39 PM
The 'put them team away if you don't want the refs to ruin the game' crowd is insufferable. Like, they did enough to win the game, but it felt taken away. We should have done it on the prior drive with the overthrow, but we did it there.

Two great teams clearly in the top 16 of the FCS playoff conferences. I'm glad for the opportunity though it was a most ubfortunate occurrence when we did all we could to deserve a weak autobid team.

Grizzlies82
November 30th, 2019, 08:46 PM

Marched out on the field pointing and screaming at someone (presume the refs), this was during the “congratulations” after the game. Hopefully law enforcement kept his hands off everyone’s necks

Bison56
November 30th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Gave up a 3 score lead, but it's the refs fault? You cant make it up.xlolx

philly
November 30th, 2019, 09:00 PM
Just saw the replay. Maybe SE Louisiana deserved to win...but that call was a disgrace. Also, 11 penalties for Villanova to 3 for the Lions. Not the first time a Northern school has ref problems in the Deep South. Makes you wonder. Just sayin'.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw the replay. Maybe SE Louisiana deserved to win...but that call was a disgrace. Also, 11 penalties for Villanova to 3 for the Lions. Not the first time a Northern school has ref problems in the Deep South. Makes you wonder. Just sayin'.

kalm
November 30th, 2019, 09:06 PM

- - - Updated - - -

We’re the refs from the Deep South Conference?

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2019, 09:08 PM
Gave up a 3 score lead, but it's the refs fault? You cant make it up.xlolx

True.....

LionUp
November 30th, 2019, 09:09 PM
The 'put them team away if you don't want the refs to ruin the game' crowd is insufferable. Like, they did enough to win the game, but it felt taken away. We should have done it on the prior drive with the overthrow, but we did it there.

Two great teams clearly in the top 16 of the FCS playoff conferences. I'm glad for the opportunity though it was a most ubfortunate occurrence when we did all we could to deserve a weak autobid team.

Call it insufferable if you please, but it’s the truth. If the game had been close from beginning to end, then it might be different. But they got SHUT DOWN in the the 3rd and allowed 17 unanswered points. So yes, should’ve kept them down and the one call wouldn’t have affected them. Nor would the missed extra point. Guess you forgot a about that.

Plain and simple...

OK, I’m out for now...

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Call it insufferable if you please, but it’s the truth. If the game had been close from beginning to end, then it might be different. But they got SHUT DOWN in the the 3rd and allowed 17 unanswered points. So yes, should’ve kept them down and the one call wouldn’t have affected them. Nor would the missed extra point. Guess you forgot a about that.

Plain and simple...

OK, I’m out for now...

easier said than done with all the playmakers the Lions have.... just part of a great game..

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2019, 09:17 PM
We’re the refs from the Deep South Conference?

No, but they wanted a southern team up in Montana .... haha

TennBison
November 30th, 2019, 09:23 PM
It is more pathetic that someone believes a whole season or even a game is thrown away on a refs call. How about the team or fans that feel that way actually own up to the fact that if they would have taken control of the game, no perceived bad call would effect the outcome. Maybe if Nova would have tried harder and won a few more games in the regular season they would have played a home game or got a seed and they would not have matched up against SELA and now be watching the playoffs instead on moving on and playing in them. Crybaby.

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2019, 10:39 PM
It is more pathetic that someone believes a whole season or even a game is thrown away on a refs call. How about the team or fans that feel that way actually own up to the fact that if they would have taken control of the game, no perceived bad call would effect the outcome. Maybe if Nova would have tried harder and won a few more games in the regular season they would have played a home game or got a seed and they would not have matched up against SELA and now be watching the playoffs instead on moving on and playing in them. Crybaby.

.....ISN'T....TAKEN DUH LEAD......TAKEN CONTROL.............INNNA BACK 'N FORTH CONTEST...xconfusedx...AWK!

....CRY BABIES??..............WE'LL SEE AS NEXT ROUND UNFOLDS.......DON'T COME ON HERE ....WHIFF WET DIAPERS.......LOOKIN' FO'.....UH HUG.....WHEN DUH ZEEBS.....STEAL YER DUBBYA.....BRAWK!

McNeese75
November 30th, 2019, 10:52 PM
Nova seems to go to the blame game everytime they travel south and things don't work out. We heard all this before when they came to the Hole back in the day.