PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern Louisiana Lions Fans, I apologize.

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 01:15 PM
I found the documentation confirming that Bethune- Cookman cancelled their home game versus you all.

ATLANTA -- Bethune-Cookman University Vice-President for Intercollegiate Athletics, Lynn W. Thompson (https://bcuathletics.com/staff.aspx?staff=1) has announced today (September 2, 2019) that the Bethune-Cookman University football game against the University of Southeastern Louisiana, scheduled for Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 4 p.m. at Daytona Stadium, has been canceled.

In accordance with university emergency management procedures, the campus was closed on Friday, August 30, 2019 and will remain closed until Sunday, September 8, 2019.

"With the threat of Hurricane Dorian bearing down on the entire east coast, and the danger and damage from this catastrophic and historic storm already being reported, the university is closed all week. In the best interest of public safety we felt the need to make this decision promptly so that our fans, supporters and the visitors from Southeastern Louisiana could also make the adjustments in their travel plans," Thompson said. "After consultation with our public safety officials, we understand that the priority is on more important things in our community than a football game and we support that."

https://bcuathletics.com/news/2019/9/2/general-bcu-announces-game-cancellations.aspx

Geez Bethune, I know your Athletic Director's heart was in the right place, but why not just POSTPONE the choice to cancel until after the storm passes, and an evaluation can be made regarding the status of campus and athletic facility?

You all beat Del State and Southeasten Louisiana, and you're a 9 win FCS team
---------------------------
But anyway, I definitely apologize Lions fans. The choice was Bethune's. not yours. xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 01:22 PM
I found the documentation confirming that Bethune- Cookman cancelled their home game versus you all.

Geez Bethune, I know your Athletic Director's heart was in the right place, but why not just POSTPONE the choice to cancel until after the storm passes, and an evaluation can be made regarding the status of campus and athletic facility?

But anyway, I definitely apologize Lions fans. The choice was Bethune's. not yours. xthumbsupx

Bethune got beat by Del State.... hard to believe but true

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2019, 01:32 PM

We know.

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 01:42 PM
Bethune got beat by Del State.... hard to believe but true

Well, Hen... Bethune played Del State, AT DEL STATE...
... you know, that place in Dover the Blue Hens have avoided like the plague???

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 01:48 PM
Well, Hen... Bethune played Del State, AT DEL STATE...
... you know, that place in Dover the Blue Hens have avoided like the plague???

well actually I think I misread the way you wrote that..... change is slow, remember they Rivalry did not even get started until 2007 playoff game.... I grew up in the state of Delaware and as I kid when passing thru Dover I just assumed that Alumni Stadium was Dover High School, by the looks of the past 3 games on ESPN plus it appears not much has changed