PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 13 2019

superman7515
November 23rd, 2019, 06:01 PM
Need to be proactive with those ballots this weekend fellas, try to get everything in early so that Ursus can get as much as possible before the selection show.

In case you didn't see... https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?240784-Important-AGS-Poll-Voter-Information-For-Week-13-2019

That being said, still a few games being played on the West Coast, but I'm posting it up early so you can start getting things in order. If you notice any errors, please let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CdPJdA6eRzi60VXIrUwt_SABDUbTTiLmxLMZAx0_z0g/edit?usp=sharing

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2019, 06:07 PM
Thanks for doing this all year man!

This is gonna be a nightmare poll!

Catbooster
November 23rd, 2019, 06:48 PM
Thanks Superman. This is such a huge service to all of us.

RootinFerDukes
November 23rd, 2019, 07:44 PM
Any chance we can rank Albany this week? I know that's a lot to ask for.

superman7515
November 23rd, 2019, 07:58 PM
Teams finishing with 7 or more D1 wins that do not appear on the spreadsheet (in alphabetical order):

Alcorn State Braves
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
Dayton Flyers
Eastern Kentucky Colonels
Holy Cross Crusaders
McNeese Cowboys
Robert Morris Colonials
Sacred Heart Pioneers

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2019, 08:58 PM
Any chance we can rank Albany this week? I know that's a lot to ask for.

I will say that appears AGS voters are doing a good job of showing Albany some respect this week. It also seems on first few ballots that maybe some focus on SOS and so forth might be getting through to some people and not over ranking a gaudy win total as much but I have not really compared to see if these ballots are from some that were doing this before so maybe it is just early and it may change.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2019, 09:01 PM
12 hours left to vote so get them in.

Hey I won't be here on the top of every hour so if anyone happens to be can you bump this with a post like the one I just made...counting it down? I'd sure appreciate it if you could.

superman7515
November 23rd, 2019, 10:02 PM
11 hours to go.

superman7515
November 23rd, 2019, 10:21 PM
With Maine and Towson losing, I think it's fairly likely this will be the first time since 2013 that only three CAA teams make the field.

kalm
November 23rd, 2019, 10:26 PM
12 hours left to vote so get them in.

Hey I won't be here on the top of every hour so if anyone happens to be can you bump this with a post like the one I just made...counting it down? I'd sure appreciate it if you could.

Chili deserves beans

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 10:35 PM
Chili deserves beans

I didn't know heresy ran this rampant around here. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2019, 11:06 PM
10 hours left ladies and gentlemen. Vote.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2019, 12:03 AM
9 hours left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWBrM117_II

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2019, 01:07 AM
8 hours.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2019, 02:01 AM
7 hours.

McCowboys
November 24th, 2019, 06:30 AM
I am up (yawn) at the crack of dawn to fulfill my obligation to....Zzzzzzzzzzz

jmu007
November 24th, 2019, 06:37 AM
Haha, vote is in. Thanks Superman for the update last night.

.... 2.5 hours left!!! =)

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2019, 07:15 AM
Bump... inside two hours.

Btw, congrats to Austin Peay for locking up their first FCS playoff appearance in school history.

kalm
November 24th, 2019, 07:21 AM
Bump... inside two hours.

Btw, congrats to Austin Peay for locking up their first FCS playoff appearance in school history.

And Sac State.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2019, 07:29 AM
And Sac State.
True, not officially locked up yet but there's no way they're left out. Nice to see some new teams in the field... hope their fans enjoy the playoff experience to the max.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2019, 08:17 AM
Poll closes at the top of next hour, less than 45 min. left so get on it if you have not yet.

superman7515
November 24th, 2019, 08:19 AM
One hour left and Massey ratings have been updated. With his formula you end up with:

Big Sky: Weber St
Big South: Monmouth
CAA: James Madison
MVFC: North Dakota St
NEC: Central Connecticut St
OVC: Austin Peay
Patriot League: Holy Cross
Pioneer League: San Diego
SOCON: Wofford
Southland: Nicholls

At-large (assuming they stick to 7 D1 wins this year):
Montana
Sacramento State
South Dakota State
Northern Iowa
Montana State
Illinois State
Towson
Villanova
Southern Illinois
Albany
North Dakota
Southeastern Louisiana
Central Arkansas
Southeast Missouri State

ElCid
November 24th, 2019, 08:29 AM
Actually it still looks like only FBS was updated in Massey. FCS looks the same still.

superman7515
November 24th, 2019, 08:31 AM
Actually it still looks like only FBS was updated. FCS looks the same still.

When I went to his composite ratings, the Massey Ratings line has changed from what it was. For example, Illinois State fell from 11 to 18. I thought he had updated the whole thing and just hadn't changed his main page yet.

ElCid
November 24th, 2019, 08:34 AM
When I went to his composite ratings, the Massey Ratings line has changed from what it was. For example, Illinois State fell from 11 to 18. I thought he had updated the whole thing and just hadn't changed his main page yet.

You are right. It is updated on composite but the actual "Massey only" site is not updated yet. Weird.

coriander_seed
November 24th, 2019, 08:52 AM
You are right. It is updated on composite but the actual "Massey only" site is not updated yet. Weird.
His FCS data has not been updated this early for a good portion of the season. You'll have to go without him, kiddos.

coriander_seed
November 24th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Don't forget the Dartmouth - Brown score, y'all.

ElCid
November 24th, 2019, 09:04 AM
His FCS data has not been updated this early for a good portion of the season. You'll have to go without him, kiddos.

No that was the point. It WAS updated on the composite. But it isn't updated on the Massey only site. But I suggest most people like to use it as a comparison. Maybe as an occasional sanity or idiot check. For my part, it sometimes makes go and revisit a teams performance, if mine seems out of whack.

coriander_seed
November 24th, 2019, 09:12 AM
No that was the point. It WAS updated on the composite. But it isn't updated on the Massey only site. But I suggest most people like to use it as a comparison. Maybe as an occasional sanity or idiot check. For my part, it sometimes makes go and revisit a teams performance, if mine seems out of whack.
Hmmm...I wonder if he knows that is happening.