Southern Illinois
7-4
NR

T-25
Yale
8-1
NR

Dropped Out: Princeton (19)
Others Receiving Votes: Princeton, 26; North Dakota, 14; Albany, 12; San Diego, 11; UT Martin, 2; Eastern Washington, 1; South Carolina St., 1.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2019, 10:11 AM
Well, Kennesaw St in line for that #8 seed according to the Coaches poll once either Montana or Montana St loses next week.

I would laugh until next Tuesday if their 8th ranked team gets left out of the field completely.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2019, 10:44 AM
This is an abortion on stilts

Professor
November 18th, 2019, 10:57 AM
South Carolina at 7-3 with a win over #17 Wofford got 1 vote. Wow just wow

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2019, 11:06 AM
I laughed too loud at work. This is an abomination and the coaches poll needs to be completely scrapped as a whole.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

aceinthehole
November 18th, 2019, 11:17 AM
I think Monmouth at #12 is a little high, but KSU at #9 is criminal.

Princeton dropped out; KSU should have dropped out right after the loss to MU.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2019, 11:26 AM
by the Coaches logic if Kennydoll is #9 than Florida A&M should be #4....

Redbird 4th & short
November 18th, 2019, 11:43 AM
And the committee cited this FCP Coaches Poll as one of their sources, along with SRS ... Kennesaw St at #9 .. seriously ?? Just off the charts ... wow !!!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2019, 12:06 PM
And the committee cited this FCP Coaches Poll as one of their sources, along with SRS ... Kennesaw St at #9 .. seriously ?? Just off the charts ... wow !!!

It is one of the tools that are on the bench to use. We can look back over the last few years and see that they do not use it. They have their own ranking inside the committee and it always looks pretty dang good.

Bisonator
November 18th, 2019, 12:10 PM
WTF! xchinscratchx

Redbird 4th & short
November 18th, 2019, 12:15 PM
It is one of the tools that are on the bench to use. We can look back over the last few years and see that they do not use it. They have their own ranking inside the committee and it always looks pretty dang good.
Understood it is just a reference, and they have deviated plenty from it. But it is possibly the worst reference they could admit to using. I honestly believe, the committee and FCS teams would be much better served if they referenced AGS or the Massey Composite. I get why they probably can't use AGS because it is a fan forum, but why not Massey Composite. for something objective .. not absolute, but to guide them when trying to determine SOS and tie breaker situations.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Understood it is just a reference, and they have deviated plenty from it. But it is possibly the worst reference they could admit to using. I honestly believe, the committee and FCS teams would be much better served if they referenced AGS or the Massey Composite. I get why they probably can't use AGS because it is a fan forum, but why not Massey Composite. for something objective .. not absolute, but to guide them when trying to determine SOS and tie breaker situations.
I'm guessing it's because the Coaches poll is administered and operated by the NCAA. In theory it's the only FCS poll voted on entirely by "professionals" since even STATS has some voters who basically follow FCS as a hobby.

Not saying I agree with it but that's the reason why I would guess.

Catbooster
November 18th, 2019, 12:38 PM
I'm guessing it's because the Coaches poll is administered and operated by the NCAA. In theory it's the only FCS poll voted on entirely by "professionals" since even STATS has some voters who basically follow FCS as a hobby.

Not saying I agree with it but that's the reason why I would guess.
It would be surprising if they referenced a fan poll or something else instead of the one they basically sponsor. I guess they should say "We look at a number of polls/rankings but not the one we administer because we realize it's garbage." xcoffeex

It's obvious by looking at the playoff field that is not far from the truth, but they aren't about to say that.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2019, 12:48 PM

I don't disagree but they don't really have a choice in what the NCAA says are tools they use. Professor made the statements as to why they say those things and it makes sense why they would say it like that to me.

But I can tell you that the individuals can and very like do use other tools to assess their own rankings and from that they move forward and do what they do. If they see that a tool in the toolbox looks broken they probably won't use it too much is my assessment of it.

Just don't be fooled that the NCAA saying it is a tool for the committee to use and the actual committee using said tool too much. Those things are only necessary in the very last stages where a coin toss would be a necessary tool to use to make a decision...in other words there is really no difference so how do you break the tie.

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Mother****ing KENNESAW!?!?!? As Rick James said, "Cocaine is a helluva drug!"

R.A.
November 18th, 2019, 01:55 PM
How many of the teams in the Top 25 and also receiving votes, are either likely ineligible or abstaining from the playoffs? I count a likely five thus far; three Ivies and Two MEACs, unless there are more.

cx500d
November 18th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Furman and Kennesaw love...do they even look at game results?

Chalupa Batman
November 18th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Kennesaw State's ranking would be more accurate if this was the DII poll.

FargoBison
November 18th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Furman and Kennesaw love...do they even look at game results?

LOL that would take time and effort....slot voiting is so much easier.

Bear84
November 18th, 2019, 04:18 PM
It may just be my perception, but it seems like every year the Coaches poll is out there in La La land until the final poll, which suddenly gets more sane and closer to the other polls. Makes me wonder who is actually voting during much of the season. My guess is the coaches are delegating the job to a bunch of semi-clueless grad assistants. They seem to take the final poll much more seriously, so maybe the actual coaches, or at least someone more informed, is actually casting the votes then.

Redbird 4th & short
November 18th, 2019, 04:24 PM
It may just be my perception, but it seems like every year the Coaches poll is out there in La La land until the final poll, which suddenly gets more sane and closer to the other polls. Makes me wonder who is actually voting during much of the season. My guess is the coaches are delegating the job to a bunch of semi-clueless grad assistants. They seem to take the final poll much more seriously, so maybe the actual coaches, or at least someone more informed, is actually casting the votes then.
thats what makes the coaches poll a bad idea to begin with ... I would hope these coaches spend better part of their day making sure their players are fully preparing for their next game. Other than their conference and OOC schedule, and then maybe a handful of other ranked teams, why would they be paying close attention to anyone else ... especially at FCS level. They just can't and don't pay enough attention to enough teams to know any better.

Mocs123
November 18th, 2019, 04:28 PM
My guess is the SID or someone else in the AD fills out and sends the coaches poll. Some coaches may look at it before it's sent, most probably don't.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2019, 04:41 PM
I may be mistaken but I believe the final regular season Coach's poll doesn't release until the normal time on Monday which is ~24 hours after the bracket is revealed. In that way it's kind of unfair to even compare the Coach's poll with the AGS and STATS polls in terms of reflecting the playoff field when their voters have the advantage of seeing the bracket before they vote (yet the AGS and STATS polls still outperform the Coach's poll in this area).

This is another reason why it's comical to hear these uninformed accusations about the selection committee just copying their work from the Coach's poll.

AmsterBison
November 18th, 2019, 07:26 PM
Kennesaw State's mascot is not an owl...it just convinced you that it was an owl. Kennesaw State's real mascot is:

https://youtu.be/8AOfbnGkuGc

Blue Waves Crest
November 18th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Kennesaw State ranked ahead of Monmouth despite having the same overall record, and the following:
1) Monmouth smacked them head-to-head
2) Monmouth has way more impressive non-conference opponents (#5 in FCS, a bubble team and a bowl-bound FBS team, compared to two non-D1 and an FBS with a losing record for Kennesaw State)
3) Monmouth having obliterating a Campbell team that Kennesaw State struggled to beat

Kennesaw State is riding the coattails of last year’s team in the coaches’ poll. I don’t mind seeing Kennesaw State be overrated since it bodes well for the league, but not at the expense of diminishing the accomplishments of my Hawks. They have the autobid and the league championship so being chapped about the rankings is somewhat petty, but the difference between the two teams is so obvious that it’s just kind of funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk