View Full Version : Rhody-Army on ESPN

Brad82
May 19th, 2007, 05:57 AM
http://gorhody.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/051607aac.html

URI Vs. Army on ESPN!

TexasTerror
May 19th, 2007, 06:54 AM
No surprise...

Army has a deal with ESPN where all their games (outside of the Army vs Navy - which CBS has wrapped up) are televised on one of the ESPN family of networks. It's a good deal for Army!

Umass74
May 19th, 2007, 07:16 AM
I saw the Rams game against UConn last year and it was a poor showing for Rhody. They were not competitive.

Hopefully, with Army doing poorly, the Rams will have a chance. West Point is a great place to visit and we'll all be Rams fans that day.

UNH SUPERFAN
May 19th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I would recommend that any URI fans who plan to go to this game really make hotel reservations, travel plans, etc. well in advance as West Point is really apart from any close metro area. It is a tough place to get into and you may be shaking your head in disgust when you leave at the poor access to the Academy.

Be interested to hear about the experience there from others.

Seawolf97
May 19th, 2007, 03:45 PM
I havent been to Westpoint in awhile but I understand security is alot tighter now for obvious reasons. And Superfan is right, it is out of the way.
Anyway GOOD LUCK to Rhode Island against the Cadets!

Brad82
May 19th, 2007, 05:04 PM
got a hotel room-barely. They say going to Wet Point game is quite an experience?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 19th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Went to West Point for a basketball game a couple of years ago and security was very tight! And there are only a couple of gates to enter the campus since there are steep, uninhabited hills on one side and a wide, deep river on one side. You've got to remember how strategic the location was back in the Revolutionary War days!

Looking forward to going in 2008 when UNH plays Army. I've heard it is one of the best college football experiences in the USA. I've been told to arrive early for breakfast tailgating before watching the cadets march on the parade grounds a couple hours before kickoff. Then tailgate some more before watching the cadets march into the stadium.

hvsader
May 19th, 2007, 07:58 PM
West Point is easily accessible...just south of I84 on 9W; and just north of I87 via Palisades Parkway. The views of the Hudson Valley coming from the north on 9W are outstanding. Security is tight but to be expected...the football experience worth it all

89Hen
May 19th, 2007, 08:12 PM
No surprise...

Army has a deal with ESPN where all their games...
Hey, this is because of the CAA, not West Point. ;)

PantherRob82
May 20th, 2007, 12:11 AM
The more FCS games available around here, the better.