Saturday November 23

Illinois State@Youngstown State
Western Illinois@Northern Iowa
South Dakota State@South Dakota
Indiana State@Missouri State
North Dakota State@Southern Illinois

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 10:44 PM
Illinois State@Youngstown State (God I hope ISUr loses)
North Dakota State@Southern Illinois #BOOKIT NDSU 3 deep can't hold on against SIU, they make a 3 TD comeback in the 4th

ST_Lawson
November 16th, 2019, 10:44 PM
Illinois State
Northern Iowa
South Dakota State
Indiana State
North Dakota State

bonarae
November 17th, 2019, 05:19 AM
ISU red
UNI
SDSU
Trees
NDSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 05:24 AM
Ill State
UNI
SDSU
Ind State
NDSU

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2019, 08:35 AM
Illinois State
Northern Iowa
South Dakota State
Indiana State
North Dakota State

skinny_uncle
November 17th, 2019, 03:53 PM

A couple of crazy picks, but I need upsets to move up in the standings.

JacksFan40
November 17th, 2019, 03:55 PM

Bisonator
November 17th, 2019, 08:47 PM

SUPharmacist
November 17th, 2019, 08:49 PM
Youngstown State
Northern Iowa
South Dakota State
Missouri State
North Dakota State

mvfcfan
November 18th, 2019, 06:46 AM
I am actually leaning towards picking SIU over NDSU. I just think there is more on the line for the Dawgs in this one and they might want it more. I will have to think it over a little more though.

ysubigred
November 18th, 2019, 07:28 AM
Guins 45-19 Brock so pissed he cusses out the YSU water girl in front of 16 faithful YSU fans over the age of 65!
Panthers 57-12 WIU pulls a YSU and calls it quits
Bunnies 62-3 Yotes also on the quit the season wagon
Mo ST. 28-27 in a thriller in front of 9 people.
Golden Buffalo 31-21 The quest for perfection continues

Bison56
November 18th, 2019, 07:46 AM
Illinois State
Northern Iowa
South Dakota State
Indiana State
North Dakota State

Houndawg
November 18th, 2019, 04:53 PM
I am actually leaning towards picking SIU over NDSU. I just think there is more on the line for the Dawgs in this one and they might want it more. I will have to think it over a little more though.

We have a punchers chance at home with the Bison having wrapped up home field and all. Our QB has progressed but I don't think he can come out throwing like we need to without getting picked. I think if we lose by two scores or less we have a strong argument for an AL bid. I think SDSU and IlSU were lucky to catch us in our backup QBs first two starts and that its a much different game if we meet again. SEMO too.

Houndawg
November 18th, 2019, 04:55 PM

A couple of crazy picks, but I need upsets to move up in the standings.

I think MSU has a better chance than YSU of pulling it off

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2019, 04:57 PM
We have a punchers chance at home with the Bison having wrapped up home field and all. Our QB has progressed but I don't think he can come out throwing like we need to without getting picked. I think if we lose by two scores or less we have a strong argument for an AL bid. I think SDSU and IlSU were lucky to catch us in our backup QBs first two starts and that its a much different game if we meet again. SEMO too.

I'm looking forward to seeing SIU's stadium. Haven't been down there yet and this will be my first game there.

NDSU pass defense is actually better than their run defense. SIU might gain some yards running the ball. NDSU's OL is excellent and I'm sure the SIU run defense will get tested.

Houndawg
November 18th, 2019, 05:13 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing SIU's stadium. Haven't been down there yet and this will be my first game there.

NDSU pass defense is actually better than their run defense. SIU might gain some yards running the ball. NDSU's OL is excellent and I'm sure the SIU run defense will get tested.

Our defense is much better than it has been in recent years but we've been playing the weakest part of our schedule for the past 5 weeks so I'm not expecting anything like the numbers we've had lately. We'd need some breaks to come out on top - I just hope we show well enough to impress the selection committee since we don't have a big win.

Sycamore62
November 18th, 2019, 10:53 PM
YSU
UNI
SDSU
Sycamores
SIU

mvfcfan
November 19th, 2019, 07:27 AM
ILST (35-17)
UNI (49-10)
INST (27-21)
SDSU (28-17)
SIU (27-25)

Gil Dobie
November 20th, 2019, 04:42 PM
Saturday November 23

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2019, 07:40 PM

this is just crazy talk.... remember the Bison are a top 10 FBS team

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2019, 07:52 PM
Illinois State - with QB injury considered picking the upset but realized it might be a blessing, D don't slump

Northern Iowa - back to business at the Dreary Dome

South Dakota State - I have learned the difference between these 2 SD teams

Indiana State - had a real problem picking them

North Dakota State - When is the Oregon game again.... until then it's just the FCS version of the Washington Generals...

skinny_uncle
November 20th, 2019, 10:49 PM

Bo oly were "SDSU and IlSU were lucky to catch us in our backup QBs first two starts", team captains D. J. Davis and Jeremy Chinn were out with injuries for those games. SIU befcame a different beast once they returned just in time for the Youngstown game.

Schism55
November 20th, 2019, 10:56 PM
Illinois State
Northern Iowa
South Dakota State
Indiana State
North Dakota State

Redbird 4th & short
November 21st, 2019, 07:51 AM
Illinois State - with QB injury considered picking the upset but realized it might be a blessing, D don't slump

Northern Iowa - back to business at the Dreary Dome

South Dakota State - I have learned the difference between these 2 SD teams

Indiana State - had a real problem picking them

North Dakota State - When is the Oregon game again.... until then it's just the FCS version of the Washington Generals...

the only blessing might be that they will have a harder time game planning for us. That said, Spack seems to prepare well for Pelini YSU games ... we went into to SDSU in 2017 with a RS FR QB subbing unexpectedly for a struggling, allegedly injured Kolbe, and nearly pulled out a win with a guy who barely threw the ball .. the RS FR QB started ad played that one game and was moved to safety in offseason. Point being, we caught SDSU by surprise with a completely unproven QB ... I think that could work here too ... 2019 YSU is no 2017 SDSU.

Paladin1aa
November 21st, 2019, 11:12 AM
ISUr
UNI
SDSU
MSU
NDSU

Had I follow my head and not my heart, I’d be way ahead in the contest, but got suckered staying with YSU.
The Birds go to Wildcat and steamroll the Guins as they have no run D.
UNI rolls against a hapless foe Silk Necks
Bunnies sock it to the Yotes
Upset of the day goes to Misery St over the Trees in a close one.
Bison roll thru the league unbeaten pounding the Dawgs

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2019, 11:19 AM
Illinois St @ Youngstown St - Low scoring ugly game. The Redbirds have the better defense and James Robinson so they get the nod.

Western Illinois @ Northern Iowa - Panthers roll

South Dakota St @ South Dakota - If Heide stays on the roll he was on last week (against a much worse defense this week) this won't be close.

Indiana St @ Missouri St - Gonna take a shot and say the Bears defense steps up as does senior QB Peyton Huslig in his final game.

North Dakota St @ Southern Illinois - Closer than the 20 point spread predicts but the Bison still win.

Evolution Prime
November 21st, 2019, 11:30 AM
Youngstown State
Northern Iowa
South Dakota State
Missouri State
North Dakota State

Redbird 4th & short
November 21st, 2019, 12:20 PM
Bo oly were "SDSU and IlSU were lucky to catch us in our backup QBs first two starts", team captains D. J. Davis and Jeremy Chinn were out with injuries for those games. SIU became a different beast once they returned just in time for the Youngstown game.

We have injuries too.

Also would point out ... we're #1 in MVFC in run defense yards per game .. #2 in yards per carry. Last year we held DJ Davis to 24 yards on 12 carries. This year, we held SDSU Pierre Strong to 29 yards on 12 carries, last year we held him to 17 yards on 5 carries. Last year we held NDSU's entire RB group to about 105 yards, just over 3 yards per carry .. QB Stick picked us apart with his arm and legs, but we stuffed their run game .. this year, not so much. But we usually game plan good RBs well.

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2019, 01:10 PM
Bo oly were "SDSU and IlSU were lucky to catch us in our backup QBs first two starts", team captains D. J. Davis and Jeremy Chinn were out with injuries for those games. SIU befcame a different beast once they returned just in time for the Youngstown game.

you were lucky we lost 3 linemen, 1 linebacker our #1 RB and our QB

skinny_uncle
November 21st, 2019, 08:02 PM

We are still minus a starting QB, linebacker and kicker. Probably someone else I am forgetting. Not sure about that lluck thing.

Preferred Walk-On
November 22nd, 2019, 01:59 PM
Saturday November 23

Illinois State @ Youngstown State
Western Illinois @ Northern Iowa
South Dakota State @ South Dakota
Indiana State @ Missouri State
North Dakota State @ Southern Illinois

One back of ST_Lawson and tied with Paladin1aa. Playing for sole possession of 1st place. Therefore, the picks represent my thoughts on best? chances to pick up points...or go down in a blaze of glory. Had fun this year. Thanks SUPharmacist for putting this together all season.

Illinois State
Northern Iowa
South Dakota State
Indiana State
North Dakota State

ISUr
UNI
SDSU
MSU
NDSU

Had I follow my head and not my heart, I’d be way ahead in the contest, but got suckered staying with YSU.
The Birds go to Wildcat and steamroll the Guins as they have no run D.
UNI rolls against a hapless foe Silk Necks
Bunnies sock it to the Yotes
Upset of the day goes to Misery St over the Trees in a close one.
Bison roll thru the league unbeaten pounding the Dawgs

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2019, 04:54 PM
Saturday November 23

One back of ST_Lawson and tied with Paladin1aa. Playing for sole possession of 1st place. Therefore, the picks represent my thoughts on best? chances to pick up points...or go down in a blaze of glory. Had fun this year. Thanks SUPharmacist for putting this together all season.

I admire your courage going for the hail Mary, what the heck is the score in this game anyway.... do I need to go back and re toss my darts.... Just tell me I'm beating POD and CX because when They start beating me at these games I will retire xdrunkyx

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2019, 05:49 PM
I admire your courage going for the hail Mary, what the heck is the score in this game anyway.... do I need to go back and re toss my darts.... Just tell me I'm beating POD and CX because when They start beating me at these games I will retire xdrunkyx

Here's the standings: https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?239561-MVFC-Week-12-Pick-%91em&p=2830859&viewfull=1#post2830859

You are in 5th, ahead of most people. You need 2 wins to catch up with me currently.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2019, 07:06 PM
Here's the standings: https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?239561-MVFC-Week-12-Pick-%91em&p=2830859&viewfull=1#post2830859

You are in 5th, ahead of most people. You need 2 wins to catch up with me currently.

thank you for that St Lawson, no surprise on who the leader is.... you don't have to worry about me, I would have to change some picks and pray for upsets just to tie you

SUPharmacist
November 22nd, 2019, 08:17 PM
In the future I can try to put the standings at the start of each successive week. Unfortunately, trying to find time to tally the scores with my job recently had been a challenge and I was generally doing it on my phone so getting it done ahead of a timely post of the next weeks games had not been feasible. Changed jobs and hopefully I can make this work better. Does anyone want us to keep doing games for valley teams in the playoffs?

neverobeyed
November 23rd, 2019, 06:54 AM

Pffft ... our offensive line has been lost all season.

POD Knows
November 23rd, 2019, 09:16 AM
I admire your courage going for the hail Mary, what the heck is the score in this game anyway.... do I need to go back and re toss my darts.... Just tell me I'm beating POD and CX because when They start beating me at these games I will retire xdrunkyxMaybe next year I will actually try and pick the games correctly and discontinue my practice of control over the FCS football universe.

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2019, 09:44 AM
Maybe next year I will actually try and pick the games correctly and discontinue my practice of control over the FCS football universe.

how many games did you throw this year?

POD Knows
November 23rd, 2019, 09:53 AM
how many games did you throw this year?It is complicated. xconfusedx

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2019, 12:28 PM
Saturday November 23

Dude, if ILSU doesn't turn things around, it's looking like your "hail Mary" might turn out well for you.

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2019, 12:31 PM
In the future I can try to put the standings at the start of each successive week. Unfortunately, trying to find time to tally the scores with my job recently had been a challenge and I was generally doing it on my phone so getting it done ahead of a timely post of the next weeks games had not been feasible. Changed jobs and hopefully I can make this work better. Does anyone want us to keep doing games for valley teams in the playoffs?

You do what you need to do, it's no trouble to occasionally link back to other posts. Thanks for doing this.

As for the postseason, that's up to you and your schedule. Should be fewer games to manage at least.

skinny_uncle
November 23rd, 2019, 01:36 PM
Dude, if ILSU doesn't turn things around, it's looking like your "hail Mary" might turn out well for you.

I picked YSU as part of my "Hail Mary", too.

SUPharmacist
November 23rd, 2019, 01:49 PM
You do what you need to do, it's no trouble to occasionally link back to other posts. Thanks for doing this.

As for the postseason, that's up to you and your schedule. Should be fewer games to manage at least.

I will put playoffs up. Obviously putting the games up and totaling results wasn't that much work, and now it should be easier with the job change (just had no free time). Thanks to all who have participated and in particular to those who have put their analysis as well as picks.

skinny_uncle
November 23rd, 2019, 01:58 PM
I will put playoffs up. Obviously putting the games up and totaling results wasn't that much work, and now it should be easier with the job change (just had no free time). Thanks to all who have participated and in particular to those who have put their analysis as well as picks.

Thanks for the game.

Preferred Walk-On
November 23rd, 2019, 03:47 PM

Got that one, but ISUb might be too much to overcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUPharmacist
November 24th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Final Standings:

1. ST_Lawson 65-14
2. Preferred Walk-on 64-15
3. Paladin1aa 63-16
3. Evolution Prime 63-16
3. Caribbeanhen 63-16
6. TheKingpin28 62-17
7. Bonarae 61-18
7. Bisonator 61-18
9. Skinny_uncle 60-18
10. MVFCfan 60-19
10. Bison fan in NW MN 60-19
10. YSUbigred 60-19
13. SUpharmacist 59-15
14. Bison56 59-19
15. Gil Dobie 58-20
16. Jacksfan40 58-21
17. Schism55 57-20
18. Sycamore62 56-22
19. POD Knows 56-23
20. The Yo Show 55-14
21. Professor Chaos 53-16

Congratulations to ST_Lawson for the win. A lot of people picked what we thought were Hail Marys to move up in the standings, but unfortunately other games we thought were solid were not so. A ton of 3-2 weeks and not a single 5-0 this week.

Preferred Walk-On
November 24th, 2019, 12:07 PM
Final Standings:

1. ST_Lawson 65-14
3. Paladin1aa 63-16
3. Evolution Prime 63-16
3. Caribbeanhen 63-16
6. TheKingpin28 62-17
7. Bonarae 61-18
7. Bisonator 61-18
9. Skinny_uncle 60-18
10. MVFCfan 60-19
10. YSUbigred 60-19
13. SUpharmacist 59-15
14. Bison56 59-19
15. Gil Dobie 58-20
16. Jacksfan40 58-21
17. Schism55 57-20
18. Sycamore62 56-22
19. POD Knows 56-23
20. The Yo Show 55-14

Congratulations to ST_Lawson for the win. A lot of people picked what we thought were Hail Marys to move up in the standings, but unfortunately other games we thought were solid were not so. A ton of 3-2 weeks and not a single 5-0 this week.

Congratulations ST! Could say I just needed a few more weeks, but that likely would have resulted in the margin being even worse. [emoji3] Happy to hang on to 2nd. Thanks again SU for doing this all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paladin1aa
November 24th, 2019, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the hard work, SUPharmacist

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Final Standings:

1. ST_Lawson 65-14
3. Caribbeanhen 63-16
3. Evolution Prime 63-16
3. Paladin1aa 63-16
6. TheKingpin28 62-17
7. Bonarae 61-18
7. Bisonator 61-18
9. Skinny_uncle 60-18
10. MVFCfan 60-19
10. YSUbigred 60-19
13. SUpharmacist 59-15
14. Bison56 59-19
15. Gil Dobie 58-20
16. Jacksfan40 58-21
17. Schism55 57-20
18. Sycamore62 56-22
19. POD Knows 56-23
20. The Yo Show 55-14

Thanks to the Pharmacist for running the game! Rep coming

Not sure why I place higher in the Valley games than the CAA games, just shows ya the old saying is true....... the more you know the more you dont know

ST_Lawson
November 24th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Final Standings:

1. ST_Lawson 65-14
3. Paladin1aa 63-16
3. Evolution Prime 63-16
3. Caribbeanhen 63-16
6. TheKingpin28 62-17
7. Bonarae 61-18
7. Bisonator 61-18
9. Skinny_uncle 60-18
10. MVFCfan 60-19
10. YSUbigred 60-19
13. SUpharmacist 59-15
14. Bison56 59-19
15. Gil Dobie 58-20
16. Jacksfan40 58-21
17. Schism55 57-20
18. Sycamore62 56-22
19. POD Knows 56-23
20. The Yo Show 55-14

Thanks for doing this, SUP.

It's an honor to finish at the top because I know there's a lot of very knowledgeable FCS fans all up and down this list. If it weren't for you all, I wouldn't know half of what I do about college football, and I thank you for it.

SUPharmacist
November 24th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Thanks to the Pharmacist for running the game! Rep coming

Not sure why I place higher in the Valley games than the CAA games, just shows ya the old saying is true....... the more you know the more you dont know

I think when I pick Valley games I have more bias than when I pick other conferences, I would guess it is the same for many others.