PDA

View Full Version : Delaware @ Villanova - Battle of Blue Game

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2019, 08:56 PM
Delaware 4-6 (3-4) vs. #11 Villanova 8-3 (4-3)

Villanova leads the series 30-21-1

Last Villanova win: 42-21 11/19/18

Last Delaware win: 26-16 11/19/11

Villanova current 7 game win streak is the longest in the history of the series.

Enjoy the week. See ya Saturday. ✌️

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2019, 09:28 PM
I’m thinking Villanova 27, Delaware 14.

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2019, 09:41 PM
Nolan Henderson went down today on the first series, good news is he walked off the field and does not look like a knee....

If he plays next week, Delaware has a punchers chance

The Nova Defense really didn't look that stout on Friday night, at times they did but just not consistently

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2019, 09:48 PM
Nolan Henderson went down today on the first series, good news is he walked off the field and does not look like a knee....

If he plays next week, Delaware has a punchers chance

The Nova Defense really didn't look that stout on Friday night, at times they did but just not consistently

Villanova defense was w/o their 5th year LB Drew Wiley vs. LIU. He’s among the FCS leader in TFLs & is a solid edge rusher. He put some licks on Nolan last season. Hopefully, he’s back as Nova’s defense gets even more inexperienced if he isn’t. Nova has won games with offense in the CAA this season. Scoring 52, 33, 35, & 35 in their 4 CAA wins. 24, 35, & 20 in their losses. The Dirty Birds will need high 20s at a minimum to win this game. Dan Smith & friends are that good. ✌️

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2019, 06:55 AM
Villanova defense was w/o their 5th year LB Drew Wiley vs. LIU. He’s among the FCS leader in TFLs & is a solid edge rusher. He put some licks on Nolan last season. Hopefully, he’s back as Nova’s defense gets even more inexperienced if he isn’t. Nova has won games with offense in the CAA this season. Scoring 52, 33, 35, & 35 in their 4 CAA wins. 24, 35, & 20 in their losses. The Dirty Birds will need high 20s at a minimum to win this game. Dan Smith & friends are that good. ✌️

What is wrong with Wiley?

Rocco apparently has never had a losing season as a Head Coach so he has some xtra motivation for this one, something that seemed very lacking in 2017

maybe the Hens can catch your Preppies looking ahead to the playoffs and end this curse

Gangtackle11
November 17th, 2019, 07:16 AM
What is wrong with Wiley?

Rocco apparently has never had a losing season as a Head Coach so he has some xtra motivation for this one, something that seemed very lacking in 2017

maybe the Hens can catch your Preppies looking ahead to the playoffs and end this curse

Nova fan site if u call it that says he’s in concussion protocol.

Several FCS pundits have Nova in already. I’m not so sure at 8-4, 4-4 in CAA, & weak OOC schedule. Would be great if they are so they could rest players like Wiley.

Dirty Fithy Birds are due here. I wouldn’t be surprised if they come away with a win. They will have to put up 30 points plus though. Nova will score at least 28 unless turnover bug bites.

Nolan or Pat on Saturday? xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
November 17th, 2019, 07:50 AM
.....HENDERSON HAS HIP INJURY.....PER NJ.......HOW SERIOUS...IS DUH ??.....xdontknowx...AWK!

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2019, 07:55 AM
.....HENDERSON HAS HIP INJURY.....PER NJ.......HOW SERIOUS...IS DUH ??.....xdontknowx...AWK!

Well GT, I think you have your answer... no way they risk further injury to Henderson.... he was walking around yesterday though.....

if Kehoe starts, the curse continues....

Gangtackle11
November 17th, 2019, 07:58 AM

Hope the kid is ok, but I wouldn’t mind it if he took a pass this Saturday. I’ve watched enough to see his exceptional play making ability would give Nova defense fits if completely healthy. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 17th, 2019, 09:47 AM
This is an interesting game.

CAA common opponents: Stony Brook, Towson, UNH, Richmond.

Nova has lost to Stony Brook & UNH. Delaware beat them both.

Delaware has lost to Richmond & Towson. Villanova beat them both. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
November 17th, 2019, 10:03 AM
....WOOD MAKE OURAH....YEARS UH FUTILITY.....WORFF IT..........TA BREAK CAT'S BUBBLE..........BROCCO......SCURRYIN'....TA BREAK EVEN........NOLAN....WILL BE OUT DERE....IFIN' NUFFIN' CRACKED/BROKEN.....HE'LL BE MASSAGED.....LIKE......DELAWARE STATE TROOPERS INNA.....PROSTITUTION STING.....DIS WEEK........:D.....BRAWK!

reeder
November 17th, 2019, 11:13 AM
Is this a must win for Villanova? If they lose, they’d be 8-4 overall and 4-4 in conference. The CAA hasn’t had a team with a 4-4 conference record make the playoffs since 2007 (we can all guess which team that was).

MR. CHICKEN
November 17th, 2019, 11:27 AM
....UMMMM......MARTY......YOUSE LITTLE STINKER.....xeyebrowx...AWQ!

cx500d
November 17th, 2019, 11:30 AM
There are three sure bets in life:
death, taxes, and Villanova beating Delaware.

MR. CHICKEN
November 17th, 2019, 12:12 PM
..............AH'D SAY....DUH OTHERAH TWO.......MO' FUNNY........BRAWK!

......JEEZ........FUNERAL DIRECTORS........MO' HILARIOUS..........DOODLE-DOO!

MR. CHICKEN
November 17th, 2019, 12:15 PM
....C'MON PECKERHEADS......AH DID MAH DOOTY........LET US STUFF DUH BOX......FERRANTE....IS DUH BO PELLINI/MICKEY MATHEWS/AN' LONG LINE UH RHODEY COACHS......UH CAA........BRAWK!

ngineer
November 17th, 2019, 07:21 PM
Picking 'nova, 28-24. Wildcats should have plenty of motivation for having a very good record. I am assuming the coaching staff won't get in the players' way....While this is the Hen's 'bowl game', they have been too inconsistent over the year.

bluehenbillk
November 18th, 2019, 07:51 AM
I'd love to pick Delaware here, but this isn't a game unfortunately where the heart tells you one thing & the brain tells you another. I can't even say a cockeyed optimist picks UD in this game. As it's been mentioned Henderson got hurt Saturday, I don't know if he'll play or not but he didn't play two different games already this year when getting hurt the week before so I doubt he'll be out there Saturday. Kehoe can't & won't lead the Hens to a victory. The offensive line, which isn't very good to begin with is banged up as well.

The schemes that Nova runs always seem to give Delaware fits. A bad game for Nova is what 21 or 24 points? That's a humming on all engines game for Delaware's offense this year. Brock never beat Nova, Rocco hasn't beaten them as a Hen HC. I don't see things changing Saturday & I see Nova (daddy) by double digits.

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2019, 09:19 AM
I'd love to pick Delaware here, but this isn't a game unfortunately where the heart tells you one thing & the brain tells you another. I can't even say a cockeyed optimist picks UD in this game. As it's been mentioned Henderson got hurt Saturday, I don't know if he'll play or not but he didn't play two different games already this year when getting hurt the week before so I doubt he'll be out there Saturday. Kehoe can't & won't lead the Hens to a victory. The offensive line, which isn't very good to begin with is banged up as well.

The schemes that Nova runs always seem to give Delaware fits. A bad game for Nova is what 21 or 24 points? That's a humming on all engines game for Delaware's offense this year. Brock never beat Nova, Rocco hasn't beaten them as a Hen HC. I don't see things changing Saturday & I see Nova (daddy) by double digits.

Henderson plays it’s less than 7 either way.

He doesn’t then Nova 7+ point win. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2019, 05:57 PM
Opening Line compliments of 5dimes:

Villanova - 9.5 (56.5 o/u)

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2019, 07:12 PM
Henderson plays it’s less than 7 either way.

He doesn’t then Nova 7+ point win. xpeacex

Rocco quote on Henderson "somewhere between doubtful and questionable"

No way he's playing, make your reservations to South Dakota GT....

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2019, 08:11 PM

Im not buying it. The Hens will come in with nothing to lose. The combo of Knight & 33 (forgot his name) will give Nova all they can handle defensively. Mr. Smith must limit turnovers & carve up the Hens if Nova is to win. 35-28 Nova if Henderson doesn’t play, but I’m not betting the ranch on it. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2019, 08:20 PM
33 is DeJoun Lee, a little (short) bundle of energy, his last 2 games have been pretty good, but Will Knight is the one that can do big damage.. he is special and it's taken all season but it looks ilke Rocco has finally gotten the message, Hen fans have been critical that lee was getting the majority of the carries... but without Henderson, things have a tendency to get ugly quick.... you will see soon enough.... might want to get a Parka for badlands visit

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2019, 05:04 AM
Article confirming Kehoe start.

https://delawarestatenews.net/sport/hens-to-take-their-shot-at-ending-villanova-streak/

That said. I still expect this game to be a fight. Nova offense will need to limit turnovers & sustain drives to keep our mediocre defense off the field. Nova is vulnerable to the passing game, but I expect the Hens to come out pounding the rock with Knight & Lee.

I look at CAA games stats only (not total as teams play varying levels of OOC games)

Some quick, but telling stats in the 7 CAA games played to date:

Nova ranks 2nd in scoring at 33.4
Delaware defense ranks 5th in points allowed at 26.4

Delaware ranks 11th in scoring at 21.4
Villanova ranks 10th in points allowed at 31.4

Delaware ranks last in sacks with 5
Villanova ranks 1st in sacks allowed with 8

Delaware ranks 9th in sacks allowed with 19
Villanova ranks 7th in sacks with 17

Delaware ranks 4th in rushing averaging 176.1 ypg
Villanova ranks 3rd in rushing defense giving up 140.1 ypg

Nova QB Dan Smith has accounted for 20 TDs this season in 7 CAA games (36 overall). xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2019, 05:14 AM

Villanova played at South Dakota State in ‘16 playoffs. We had a great defense lead by now NFL players Tanoh Kpassanon & LB Austin Calitro. Lost 10-7 on a last minute FG by a Viniteri nephew. Hit the upright & went through. SDSU had Dallas Goedaert who proved to be a monster that day.

The Nova faithfuls had a fun time staying in Sioux Falls & visiting Brookings fan favorite watering hole Cubby’s. A win that day would have sent us to Fargo & sub minus tailgate temps.

No illusions of a Natty this season. Experiencing Fargo might be fun until kickoff, but 1st the sites are on Delaware & Delaware only. After all it’s the Battle of Blue game & a must game for Nova playoff chances IMHO. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2019, 08:18 AM
......SOON AS KEHOE.....REACHES.....DUH TWO INTERCEPTION THRESHOLD.........HIS WRIST...WILL BE CHAINED TA UNIFORM BELT.........DEN IT'S UP TA OURAH HORSES..........BRAWK!

bluehenbillk
November 19th, 2019, 11:35 AM
Delaware's offense, especially with Kehoe starting, isn't capable of scoring the requisite points to be competitive on Saturday. The defense is soft & does little to create turnovers so don't look for scoring opportunities there either - even though they had their moment of glory with a pick-6 versus Stony Brook last week.

I'm just worried the gap is widening - Nova has a couple of "big for FCS" recruits coming in - including a QB that is on the verge of 10K career passing yards & 3K career rushing yards.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2019, 03:13 PM
It was something of a strange injury for Henderson, who was running with the ball when he fell on the out-stretched foot of one of his offensive lineman.".....

thats what is says in the news story, but what I saw was Henderson stumble and start to fall and about the time he hit the ground is when he made contact with his teammates foot..... didn't look like he tripped over a teammates foot

Gangtackle11
November 21st, 2019, 12:52 PM
Villanova @ Delaware - 11/14/2020

Delaware State @ Delaware- 11/21/20

Interesting.

bluehenbillk
November 21st, 2019, 01:56 PM
Delaware has 5 and 6 written all over them for 2020.

GoBlueHens83
November 21st, 2019, 03:15 PM
Delaware has 5 and 6 written all over them for 2020.

At least we have a good shot to win the last game of the season next year.

Henny
November 22nd, 2019, 11:30 AM
This game might have been somewhat competitive with Nolan playing but with Pat, I'm afraid the sacks, 3 and outs and interceptions will mount and the defense will be on the field all day.

31-14 Nova

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2019, 12:47 PM
I think Delaware gets their run game going a bit. Big Pat is better than most Dirty Bird fans think, but in the end it’s too much Dan Smith. Nova 35-28.

Anthony215
November 22nd, 2019, 02:13 PM
Why isn't Delaware considering giving R-Freshman Anthony Paoletti the start since you pretty much know what Pat Kahoe is going to give you and what he can't do. Makes more sense to me to get valuable reps out of your potential 2020 QB#2.

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2019, 03:22 PM
Why isn't Delaware considering giving R-Freshman Anthony Paoletti the start since you pretty much know what Pat Kahoe is going to give you and what he can't do. Makes more sense to me to get valuable reps out of your potential 2020 QB#2.

That’s the question most Dirty Filthy Bird fans have on their mind. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2019, 03:33 PM
Nova Game Notes:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/villanova.com/documents/2019/11/21/G12_Delaware.pdf

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2019, 04:47 PM

because 6-6 is what Rocco want's more, never had a losing season as a head coach

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2019, 06:09 AM
I think Delaware gets their run game going a bit. Big Pat is better than most Dirty Bird fans think, but in the end it’s too much Dan Smith. Nova 35-28.

not sure about Big Pat, but I think Hen fans are generally giving Nova way to much credit... of course a curse will do that, but I'm not seeing anything special with Nova

anything can happen, I mean How could Nova lose to Stony Brook?

GoBlueHens83
November 23rd, 2019, 02:59 PM
Rocco and the rest of the coaching staff need to be sacked as soon as the clock hits 0, completely unprepared against your biggest rival. They can find their own rides home.

What a disaster.

cx500d
November 23rd, 2019, 04:38 PM
Like I said, death, taxes, and villanova beating Delaware....the only sure things in life

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2019, 04:44 PM
UD needs to figure out what it wants out if it's football program. If it's middling irrelevancy then join the PL!

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2019, 06:49 PM
I’m starting to feel sorry for the dirty filthy birds. See ya next year! xpeacex