PDA

View Full Version : YSU vs Indy ST.

ysubigred
November 15th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Who wins? Who cares?

Indy 6-5 4 Ot's :(

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2019, 03:14 PM
One team that the players have quit on the coach and another one that is just a bad team.

Can there be a forfeit?

xdontknowx

mvfcfan
November 15th, 2019, 03:19 PM
YSU should beat us. It doesn't take much of a game plan to stop our offense and our defense is questionable at times. I see it being competitive, but I think YSU pulls it out.

Sycamore62
November 15th, 2019, 05:06 PM
I think Bo will do something to piss it away

Paladin1aa
November 15th, 2019, 06:40 PM
Bozo took responsibility after the loss last week. After saying that ,he started ripping players and placed blame on them. Clearly , watching the sideline interactions, Bozo yells in their face and they just stand there and take it. Players have quit on him and they are just going thru the motions. Still I expect a competitive game and think YSU wins a close one.

This will be televised locally back to Ytown. Bozos lack of talent that he recruited will be on display again. If ISUb had not lost Boyle, this game wouldn’t be close.

Penguin Nation
November 15th, 2019, 07:00 PM
Sexual Offender U has been destroyed in the last 2 games. The only reason ISUb has a worse record is a stronger OOC record including a one score loss to Kansas. ISUb has the MVFC's statistically best pass defense and is the least penalized team. The only meaning this game has is gauging how far the Scum U program has fallen.

ISUb 38 - 17

ST_Lawson
November 15th, 2019, 07:09 PM
One team that the players have quit on the coach and another one that is just a bad team.

Can there be a forfeit?

xdontknowx

And yet they both beat us xnonono2x

With the way YSU has been playing the last few weeks, I think the Sycamores pull this one out.

mvfcfan
November 15th, 2019, 09:11 PM
^^ I don't think we are capable of scoring 38 points in a game. We'd be lucky to get 38 combined in 2 games. If YSU can score at least 20 I fear that would be too much for us to overcome.

Penguin Nation
November 15th, 2019, 09:28 PM
C’mon now, for the past 8 quarters, the opponents have averaged 14 points/quarter on Recruit & Promote Multiple Sexual Predators U. DumBo is going to help your cause with a fourth quarter penalty or two. If you get your fans to taunt him, he’ll probably start his meltdown as early as Q2. TBH if I were in Vegas I’d 100% take Trees and the 3 points.

Sycamore62
November 16th, 2019, 10:07 AM
^^ I don't think we are capable of scoring 38 points in a game. We'd be lucky to get 38 combined in 2 games. If YSU can score at least 20 I fear that would be too much for us to overcome.

i think they could score between 0 and 54 points. This game is always a wild card

Redbird 4th & short
November 16th, 2019, 11:11 AM
With exception of 2016, i think you can set your calendar to YSU performances each yeara .. start strong winning OOC games, competing with FBS; then start MVFC season lose several very close games to top 10/20 teams ... injuries and war of attrition graduallly decimate their limited 2 deep .. then fall way off rest of way. This is why I am glad we play at their place in game 12 and not game 4.

I hear YSU fans constantly criticizing Bo's recruiting efforts every year ... must be something to this ... that and Pelini's antics probably get old if you're not winning. They are usually very competitive for half the season anyway .. this year, same thing but the fade came earlier than usual.

ISUb has been hanging tough in their losses at least .. so while I won't be surprised at any outcome in this game, I would think ISUb wins a game like 24-13

Paladin1aa
November 16th, 2019, 02:41 PM
That’s not far off, Redbird. Recruiting is awful here and they are always thin and not deep. It’s laughable with an old guard here, people who can’t cope with it. They want everything Youngstown ( coach - Pelini, players - local kids, new OC - a local H.S. Coach, etc). It’s pathetic. They can’t accept that there are better coaches NOT from Ytown, better players NOT from Ytown, etc. But biggest problem is the AD who has made a mess of everything.

Did I mention the AD is from Ytown ? See the pattern ?

ysubigred
November 16th, 2019, 03:34 PM
That’s not far off, Redbird. Recruiting is awful here and they are always thin and not deep. It’s laughable with an old guard here, people who can’t cope with it. They want everything Youngstown ( coach - Pelini, players - local kids, new OC - a local H.S. Coach, etc). It’s pathetic. They can’t accept that there are better coaches NOT from Ytown, better players NOT from Ytown, etc. But biggest problem is the AD who has made a mess of everything.

Did I mention the AD is from Ytown ? See the pattern ?Sickening. Really think this is the worst YSU team ever fielded. Really scary Bobby Morris more than likely to the playoffs. Just seen RM lost big.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Paladin1aa
November 16th, 2019, 03:45 PM
I watched this game. The Trees had good DBs and all would have started ahead of all the YSU starters. Their backup QB was way better than ours. The YSU OL couldn’t match up with the Trees DL. And the Trees had only won 3 games before today. YSU started the season off with 4 cupcakes and what did that get them.

No, Red, it’s not the worst team YSU has had but it’s poor. I projected them to be 7-5 in preseason ( expecting Waid to play) but they won’t beat the Redbirds and will finish 5-7. Thats my worst prediction in a long while.

mvfcfan
November 16th, 2019, 06:31 PM
Well I am definitely happy I was wrong about this one. This game also took me out of contention to win the MVFC pick'em challenge, but ISU won and that is all that matters to me. Hopefully we can beat the Bears next week too.

Paladin1aa
November 17th, 2019, 10:33 AM
The cheerleader board is a clown show. Someone should pass the word - don’t buy season tickets, don’t go to games, let Tressel and the BOT know you won’t be back until Strollo and Bozo are BOTH gone.

THEN support YSU football after that happens.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 10:52 AM
YSU's true FR QB looks like he could be a decent one.

Penguin Nation
November 17th, 2019, 12:03 PM
The cheerleader board is a clown show. Someone should pass the word - don’t buy season tickets, don’t go to games, let Tressel and the BOT know you won’t be back until Strollo and Bozo are BOTH gone.

THEN support YSU football after that happens.

Boycotting YSU athletics IS supporting YSU athletics. It’s giving YSU an incentive to improve...to steer away from the cliff they been so determined to go full speed for. Going to games now is equivalent to telling administration you approve of their malpractice.

Listening to the 5th Quarter Show is always hilarious. Even after a loss to a conference bottom feeder, the host always praises DumBo and the Athletic Department. Any caller who begins to refer to firing DumBo gets cut off. According to him, Waid will single-handedly save the 2020 season lol. Dudes going to get hurt like so many YSU QBs because the O-line since the Wolf is terrible. Typical Ytown media, which BTW, has completely remained silent about the latest sexual predator scandal.

On the Cheerleader board there’s a thread about recruiting players who are athletes in other sports, rather than simply football players. There was talk previously of Chad Zallow playing WR. Of course this thread was in the midst of “Fire Pelini” threads and it got me wondering....what if you hired a HC without any significant FB resume...but who managed people and assets well and was a skilled motivational speaker? Has it ever been tried?

cx500d
November 17th, 2019, 12:07 PM
Boycotting YSU athletics IS supporting YSU athletics. It’s giving YSU an incentive to improve...to steer away from the cliff they been so determined to go full speed for. Going to games now is equivalent to telling administration you approve of their malpractice.

Listening to the 5th Quarter Show is always hilarious. Even after a loss to a conference bottom feeder, the host always praises DumBo and the Athletic Department. Any caller who begins to refer to firing DumBo gets cut off. According to him, Waid will single-handedly save the 2020 season lol. Dudes going to get hurt like so many YSU QBs because the O-line since the Wolf is terrible. Typical Ytown media, which BTW, has completely remained silent about the latest sexual predator scandal.

On the Cheerleader board there’s a thread about recruiting players who are athletes in other sports, rather than simply football players. There was talk previously of Chad Zallow playing WR. Of course this thread was in the midst of “Fire Pelini” threads and it got me wondering....what if you hired a HC without any significant FB resume...but who managed people and assets well and was a skilled motivational speaker? Has it ever been tried?

Mike Leach

Paladin1aa
November 17th, 2019, 12:17 PM
Bison Fan - while Waid is a talent, he will not have a good OL in front of him. He will get wasted.

PN - Agree. When someone attacks the coach / Strollo they are cut off on the show. The media is complicit to protect their azzes. Waid will play behind a substandard OL, get injured or limited in his abilities and not put up good numbers. Losing season ahead next year even with Waid. While sad, it almost humorous. It’s a clown show of epic proportions.

BTW, Zallow reminds me of the continuing drama to pine for more Ytown metro athletes to save the program. While Zallow is a world class hurdler, it’s a stretch to move him from h.S. WR to college FB Star. They just can’t let go of the fact they NEED outsiders to coach and play to overcome the poor program that exists now, mainly because they have ruined the program using local coaches and players. Major stupidity.

Penguin Nation
November 17th, 2019, 12:18 PM
To be fair to Ytown media, the Vindy lead with the story today:

https://www.vindy.com/news/local-news/2019/11/ysu-case-raises-questions-about-ncaa-focus-on-sexual-assault/ (https://www.vindy.com/news/local-news/2019/11/ysu-case-raises-questions-about-ncaa-focus-on-sexual-assault/)

An interesting excerpt:

“A copy of that police report obtained for this story almost entirely was redacted. The university cited federal student privacy laws.”

The article also talks about the scrubbing of the YSU website, which I would do too, but put in context shows a pattern of scandal followed by a cover-up.