PDA

View Full Version : CAA TV coverage

UncleSam
May 17th, 2007, 08:14 AM
CAA Football is currently formulating plans to televise an unprecedented number of games in the upcoming 2007 inaugural season. The league will partner with Comcast SportsNets which will feature a noon kickoff throughout the 12-week season. CAA Football will also showcase a number of kickoffs at 3:30 p.m., throughout the year on CN8.

The Comcast and CN8 family will utilize numerous partners to air broadcasts in each team’s home networks. Some of these partners include CSN-Mid-Atlantic, CSN-Philadelphia, Sports Net New York, Fox Sports-New England, WSKY-Hampton
Roads, as well as many others. Plans are also underway with ESPNU to televise as many as four games over the course of the 2007 league schedule.

The CAA Football 2007 Television Package will kickoff when CN8 televises the conference's inaugural game Thursday, August 30. The Delaware Blue Hens travel to face the William & Mary Tribe in a contest slated to kickoff at 7:30 p.m., at Zable Stadium in Williamsburg, Va

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/8500/supportfiles/pdf/2007_Spring_Prospectus_weeb.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=8500

asu3peat
May 17th, 2007, 08:27 AM
I wish we could get more air time down here in the south for the SOCON. It would be nice to watch a game every week of other FCS teams. Too bad there isn't a cable channel dedicated to the FCS so I could watch all the teams from around the country.

henfan
May 17th, 2007, 08:31 AM
I wish we could get more air time down here in the south for the SOCON. It would be nice to watch a game every week of other FCS teams.

App State needs to join the CAA.xsmiley_wix

Col Hogan
May 17th, 2007, 08:35 AM
CAA Football is currently formulating plans to televise an unprecedented number of games in the upcoming 2007 inaugural season. The league will partner with Comcast SportsNets which will feature a noon kickoff throughout the 12-week season. CAA Football will also showcase a number of kickoffs at 3:30 p.m., throughout the year on CN8.

The Comcast and CN8 family will utilize numerous partners to air broadcasts in each team’s home networks. Some of these partners include CSN-Mid-Atlantic, CSN-Philadelphia-Sports-Net New York, Fox Sports-New England, WSKY-Hampton
Roads, as well as many others. Plans are also underway with ESPNU to televise as many as four games over the course of the 2007 league schedule.

The CAA Football 2007 Television Package will kickoff when CN8 televises the conference's inaugural game Thursday, August 30. The Delaware Blue Hens travel to face the William & Mary Tribe in a contest slated to kickoff at 7:30 p.m., at Zable Stadium in Williamsburg, Va

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/8500/supportfiles/pdf/2007_Spring_Prospectus_weeb.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=8500

I know it's been said before, but I'll repeat it...

Thank goodness we are out of the A-10...CAA ROCKS!!!!!!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 17th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I know it's been said before, but I'll repeat it...

Thank goodness we are out of the A-10...CAA ROCKS!!!!!!

Quite a statement from a fan of a school that is an all sports member of the A-10!! xnodx

Saint3333
May 17th, 2007, 11:47 AM

I've been saying that for a couple years now - nope we'd rather have Elon and Samford...

Col Hogan
May 17th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Quite a statement from a fan of a school that is an all sports member of the A-10!! xnodx

But what did the A-10 really do to promote football...xrolleyesx

and our hockey team is not A-10...

and our LAX team is not A-10...

Wait...our most successful sports teams (other than women's softball) are not A-10...xeekx xeekx xeekx

Col Hogan
May 17th, 2007, 11:50 AM
OK, I forgot basketball...A-10...and successful.......

GannonFan
May 17th, 2007, 11:52 AM
OK, I forgot basketball...A-10...and successful.......

well, technically the most successful years in men's basketball for UMass were stripped out of the record books *cough* Marcus Camby *cough* but why get all technical? :p

Col Hogan
May 17th, 2007, 11:57 AM
well, technically the most successful years in men's basketball for UMass were stripped out of the record books *cough* Marcus Camby *cough* but why get all technical? :p

xsmhx xsmhx There's always one in the crowd to remind us of *cough* Marcus *cough*.....xrolleyesx :p :p :p

TexasTerror
May 17th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Looking forward to seeing all those CAA games! Wish the SLC and CAA would mix it up so we can put some nice intersectional games on the tube!

andy7171
May 17th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Hold up. Camby's years have been stricken? Whahappen? Didn't they win the NCAA his Junior year?

Umass74
May 17th, 2007, 12:00 PM
well, technically the most successful years in men's basketball for UMass were stripped out of the record books *cough* Marcus Camby *cough* but why get all technical?

I forget----how did the hens do in hoops last year?

andy7171
May 17th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Looking forward to seeing all those CAA games! Wish the SLC and CAA would mix it up so we can put some nice intersectional games on the tube!
I agree. I would love to see Towson jump out of the same old, 1 PL, 1MEAC, Libery/Elon/East Coast school OOC scheduling. I'd love to go to a game down there!

GannonFan
May 17th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Hold up. Camby's years have been stricken? Whahappen? Didn't they win the NCAA his Junior year?

Well, they never won the NCAA's - I think the furthest they got was the Final Four (I think they lost to OK St and "Big Country" - the player, not the eponymous song), but Camby was a naughty boy and violated some NCAA rules and technically, according to the NCAA, UMass's accomplishments that year don't count.

GannonFan
May 17th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I forget----how did the hens do in hoops last year?

We did great - no NCAA violations whatsoever! :p

andy7171
May 17th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Well, they never won the NCAA's - I think the furthest they got was the Final Four (I think they lost to OK St and "Big Country" - the player, not the eponymous song), but Camby was a naughty boy and violated some NCAA rules and technically, according to the NCAA, UMass's accomplishments that year don't count.
Wow, I didn't even know that. Is that why Callipari left too?

It was before Big Country's Final Four, I won BIG money in my pool that year. All 4 teams and the correct Championship game. xnodx

Umass74
May 17th, 2007, 12:05 PM

Camby had contact with an agent and accepted some gifts in the year we went to the final four. For that crime NCAA expunged us from the Final Four year. That was the only year affected.

Later that year Camby sat down and wrote us a check for NCAA funds we had to return.

SunCoastBlueHen
May 17th, 2007, 12:08 PM
The CAA Football 2007 Television Package will kickoff when CN8 televises the conference's inaugural game Thursday, August 30. The Delaware Blue Hens travel to face the William & Mary Tribe in a contest slated to kickoff at 7:30 p.m., at Zable Stadium in Williamsburg, Va[/B][/I]

Hmmmm.

I wonder how the wife is going to feel about me watching the internet video feed of that game on the night of our anniversary. xchinscratchx

89Hen
May 17th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I miss Linda Bruno... :( xlolx

xbowx CAA!

GeeWiz
May 17th, 2007, 01:21 PM

xbowx CAA!

http://www.jimmyv.org/content/contentimages/vandme/oncemore.jpg

Yeah I love football too! ... Wait a minute

... we used to have football in our league? xlolx xoopsx

PantherRob82
May 17th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I hope to see a lot more CAA games on the internet this year!

Longhorn
May 17th, 2007, 07:28 PM

...I agree. And UMass too. xthumbsupx Not to put the squeeze on the non-FB playing members of the CAA, but the addition of App St. and UMass to the league (who have alot more in common with other CAA schools than they do with the SoCon and A10) would be a dream come true.

Cobblestone
May 17th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I agree that the A-10 did nothing for football and as far as basketball is concerned things have really slipped. I'm glad to be away from Linda Bruno for at least football.

RadMann
May 17th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Not to be too much of a homer, but the inaugural televised CAA football game should be at Delaware Stadium. No contest. To have it anywhere else is wrong...

Dukie95
May 17th, 2007, 11:07 PM
The MASN website also lists that CAA football starts on their network in 07. I certainly expect more exciting news on the CAA football front. If it's anything like CAA basketball was, that will be impressive. I actually saw more CAA basketball on TV last year than A-10 basketball.

Mr. C
May 18th, 2007, 12:06 AM

xbowx CAA!
The only time I've ever seen Linda Bruno was on the back of my milk carton. She never seemed to make an appearance at ANY of the A-10 football events I've attended. xnodx xlolx xrotatehx :) :D xrolleyesx xcoolx :p ;) xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix xeekx

umassfan
May 18th, 2007, 01:09 AM
UMass lost in the final four to Kentucky and UMass alumn Rick Pitino in 96. That is the only year taken away from us. In 95 we made it to the elite 8 and lost to OK St(with big country)

Cobblestone
May 18th, 2007, 08:41 AM
The only time I've ever seen Linda Bruno was on the back of my milk carton. She never seemed to make an appearance at ANY of the A-10 football events I've attended. xnodx xlolx xrotatehx :) :D xrolleyesx xcoolx :p ;) xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix xeekx

AGREE 100% !

GannonFan
May 18th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Not to be too much of a homer, but the inaugural televised CAA football game should be at Delaware Stadium. No contest. To have it anywhere else is wrong...

Nothing wrong with having it at W&M - it looks fine on TV. xthumbsupx

andy7171
May 18th, 2007, 09:22 AM
The MASN website also lists that CAA football starts on their network in 07. I certainly expect more exciting news on the CAA football front. If it's anything like CAA basketball was, that will be impressive. I actually saw more CAA basketball on TV last year than A-10 basketball.
I watched alot of CAA basketball this past winter too. And people laughed at me when I said VCU is a legit team capable of beating Duke!

W&M is a fine place to televise a game. Zable Stadium is beautiful!

89Hen
May 18th, 2007, 09:28 AM
W&M is a fine place to televise a game. Zable Stadium is beautiful!
But not a great place to watch a game. Stands are too low and far away. I end up walking around the stadium to get good photos.

89Hen
May 18th, 2007, 09:29 AM
But I do love going there. xnodx xthumbsupx

andy7171
May 18th, 2007, 09:34 AM
I can't say I've watched a game there. But from the field, and I would imagine on tv, the architecture of the stadium and surroundings is what would come through.

I am thinking about hauling the family down for a nice weekend in Williamsburg 9/29 and catching the Towson game.

GannonFan
May 18th, 2007, 09:34 AM
But not a great place to watch a game. Stands are too low and far away. I end up walking around the stadium to get good photos.

Agreed, you won't find a prettier football field maybe in the nation, but there are few seats that are good to watch the game from in that stadium. But it does look good on TV and it should be packed, easily, for the innaugural game. xthumbsupx

Umass74
May 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM

A10 basketball TV coverage was a major cluster****** last year. The A10 got money but a lot less TV coverage.

The A10 Football TV coverage has received a number of awards for their production values in the past. Hopefully, there will be more football games and some $$$ income for the teams.

ccd494
May 18th, 2007, 05:27 PM
What if you live in a non-Comcast area? Maine only has TimeWarner.

Additionally, will the schools still be able to negotiate individual TV contracts? Every Maine home game has been broadcast on local channels. However, I know that the Hockey East deal with NESN forbids airing a Hockey East game locally on the same night as a NESN broadcast. Is there any provision like that in the CN8 deal, whereas, say CN8 broadcasts a Delaware game that we in Maine can't even see, and WABI is prohibited from airing the Maine game because of it?

EPJr
May 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Last fall, MASN brought home more than 50 Division I football games, featuring the best regional and national teams in the NCAA. From West Virginia, Penn State, Michigan, Louisville, and Ohio State to Howard, Towson and Rutgers, MASN carried top collegiate football action. Also included were matches from the Big Ten, Big East, WAC, MAC and Sun Belt that fans could not see anywhere else. In 2007, the Colonial Athletic Association will join the MASN college football line-up.

http://www.masnsports.com/ncaa/index.cfm?ID=159

JMUfan2008
May 22nd, 2007, 10:16 PM
I hope to see a lot more CAA games on the internet this year!

JMU's upgrading their athletics website (bigtime) and providing streaming video of all their games...what "all their games" means I'm not positive yet...July 1st is the big day for the switch, I guess we'll find out then...

NU Hound29
May 22nd, 2007, 11:27 PM
What if you live in a non-Comcast area? Maine only has TimeWarner.

Additionally, will the schools still be able to negotiate individual TV contracts? Every Maine home game has been broadcast on local channels. However, I know that the Hockey East deal with NESN forbids airing a Hockey East game locally on the same night as a NESN broadcast. Is there any provision like that in the CN8 deal, whereas, say CN8 broadcasts a Delaware game that we in Maine can't even see, and WABI is prohibited from airing the Maine game because of it?

Hell, NESN would rather show paid programming than actual sports. Their midday line-up is just paid programming, kind of embarrassing, there is at least something to put on no matter the time.

I really hope NESN can start showing more football, between Maine, NU, UNH, and Maine, they do cover a nice footprint!

Show some games! Life does not *always* revolve around the Sox and the pitiful Bruins.

BDKJMU
May 22nd, 2007, 11:45 PM
Camby had contact with an agent and accepted some gifts in the year we went to the final four. For that crime NCAA expunged us from the Final Four year. That was the only year affected.

Later that year Camby sat down and wrote us a check for NCAA funds we had to return.

How does the NCAA expunge a team from the record books? Does the Final Four that year only show a Final 3? Did the teams that lost to UMASS shown as winning, but not advancing?

GannonFan
May 23rd, 2007, 09:14 AM
How does the NCAA expunge a team from the record books? Does the Final Four that year only show a Final 3? Did the teams that lost to UMASS shown as winning, but not advancing?

Or they just show it and say the team has subsequently been disqualified - also, the school can't fly any banners touting that team's achievements. It happens more often than you think - besides that UMass team, the Fab Five at Michigan were later declared in violation due to illegal payments from a booster. Howard Porter and an early 70's nova team were expunged later after it was shown that Porter took money.

DrG
May 23rd, 2007, 09:33 AM
Or they just show it and say the team has subsequently been disqualified - also, the school can't fly any banners touting that team's achievements. It happens more often than you think - besides that UMass team, the Fab Five at Michigan were later declared in violation due to illegal payments from a booster. Howard Porter and an early 70's nova team were expunged later after it was shown that Porter took money.
The Final Four banner still hangs from the Mullins Center rafters. I don't think the NCAA can do anything about that.

GannonFan
May 23rd, 2007, 12:46 PM
The Final Four banner still hangs from the Mullins Center rafters. I don't think the NCAA can do anything about that.

Odd, I thought they made Michigan take their's down - I could always be wrong of course. :p