PDA

View Full Version : 2019-11/16 AGS GOTW Week 12

Preferred Walk-On
November 10th, 2019, 08:09 PM
Two weeks left. Below are the matchups selected for this week's GOTW consideration.

No descriptions, no rankings (at least until after the AGS poll comes out), no "other". That way, one cannot possibly be misled.

All games have conference championship and/or playoff bubble implications, and for a few on this list, it is do-or-die.

Feel free to write your own narrative for each game. Enjoy!

#34 Richmond @ #2 James Madison
#3 Weber State @ #5 Montana
#4 Northern Iowa @ #9 South Dakota State
#8 Furman @ #17 Wofford
#10 Montana State @ #36 UC Davis
Robert Morris @ #14 Central Connecticut State
#22 Southeastern Louisiana @ Abilene Christian
#27 New Hampshire @ #34 Albany
#18 Monmouth @ Campbell
#28 The Citadel @ Chattanooga

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2019, 08:17 PM
I really wanted to go with the NEC game because I think there's a couple things at play in the game. I still believe CCSU has seed potential and should they lose a possible at large "bid stealer".

But I went with Weber State at Montana. November, Missoula, Big Game....just feels right....

aceinthehole
November 10th, 2019, 08:21 PM
Furman at Wofford

SUPharmacist
November 10th, 2019, 08:23 PM
I really wanted to go with the NEC game because I think there's a couple things at play in the game. I still believe CCSU has seed potential and should they lose a possible at large "bid stealer".

But I went with Weber State at Montana. November, Missoula, Big Game....just feels right....

Weber State-Montana for me as well.

Out of curiosity, do you think CCSU has earned/deserves a seed if they win out, or just that their resume looks good and compares favorably with some past seeds? I have not watched enough of them to have a valid opinion, but just off of history I struggle to picture an NEC seed.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2019, 08:27 PM
Weber State-Montana for me as well.

Out of curiosity, do you think CCSU has earned/deserves a seed if they win out, or just that their resume looks good and compares favorably with some past seeds? I have not watched enough of them to have a valid opinion, but just off of history I struggle to picture an NEC seed.

I don't want to tie this thread up on CCSU. I discussed them in the committee's Top 10 thread. My whole believe is there will be enough political pressure in the room to "reward" a 11-1 (11-0 vs FCS) team that plays in a lesser conference. Colgate had a similar profile last year.

Really good slate of a games this week. I could forgo going to the NDSU-South Dakota game and drive down to Brookings for UNI-SDSU. But, it's hard to pass up seeing #1 and their dominance....

dewey
November 10th, 2019, 10:59 PM
I went with Weber State at Montana. November, Missoula, Big Game....just feels right....

Agreed! Potential top 5 matchup in November in Washington Grizzly. Can the return of Hauck lead the Grizzlies over the new Big Sky top team.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2019, 06:39 AM
I don't want to tie this thread up on CCSU. I discussed them in the committee's Top 10 thread. My whole believe is there will be enough political pressure in the room to "reward" a 11-1 (11-0 vs FCS) team that plays in a lesser conference. Colgate had a similar profile last year.

Really good slate of a games this week. I could forgo going to the NDSU-South Dakota game and drive down to Brookings for UNI-SDSU. But, it's hard to pass up seeing #1 and their dominance....

UNI/SDSU will be a better game. USD might hang around for awhile but their defense will get bludgeoned by the Bison OL.

Weber/Griz is the game of the week IMO. If SDSU would have won it might have been a little closer but the BSC game is huge in Missoula.

ElCid
November 11th, 2019, 09:40 AM
Lots of good games to choose from.

For the two SOCON games, as much as I like my Bulldogs game, the Wofford/Furman has a bigger impact. If Wofford wins, Furman will be at 2 loses (The Citadel, Wofford). Wofford will still be at one loss (Samford). If Furman wins, they win Auto at 7-1.

Now for the rest of the story. If The Citadel beats UTC this week, they just survive another day, to play Wofford, next week. UTC can only play spoiler. If Wofford wins this week and The Citadel wins this week, then The Citadel/Wofford game next week will be for the Auto. If the Citadel wins that game, The Citadel, Wofford, and Furman will all be at 6-2 with The Citadel beating both. If Wofford happens to lose this week and Furman wins Auto, and The Citadel beats UTC, then The Citadel/Wofford game the following week will be for at large opportunity.

With that all explained, I think this week, the Wofford/Furman game is a bit more impactful.

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2019, 10:30 AM

But at the SDSU game you’ll get to meet me, and it don’t get much better than that (I also happen have an open ticket)

AppApp
November 11th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Furman @ Wofford, will be attending with my daughter who is in her final football season as an FU student, should be fun

Daytripper
November 11th, 2019, 11:11 AM
McNeese @ Nicholls would have been a better Southland option. Both still have playoff hopes. ACU is done.

Silenoz
November 11th, 2019, 11:31 AM
I fear we will get rolled, but crazier things have happened in WaGriz

Preferred Walk-On
November 11th, 2019, 12:17 PM
McNeese @ Nicholls would have been a better Southland option. Both still have playoff hopes. ACU is done.

Agree. Was more about Southeastern Louisiana than Abilene Christian.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of good games to choose from.

For the two SOCON games, as much as I like my Bulldogs game, the Wofford/Furman has a bigger impact. If Wofford wins, Furman will be at 2 loses (The Citadel, Wofford). Wofford will still be at one loss (Samford). If Furman wins, they win Auto at 7-1.

Now for the rest of the story. If The Citadel beats UTC this week, they just survive another day, to play Wofford, next week. UTC can only play spoiler. If Wofford wins this week and The Citadel wins this week, then The Citadel/Wofford game next week will be for the Auto. If the Citadel wins that game, The Citadel, Wofford, and Furman will all be at 6-2 with The Citadel beating both. If Wofford happens to lose this week and Furman wins Auto, and The Citadel beats UTC, then The Citadel/Wofford game the following week will be for at large opportunity.

With that all explained, I think this week, the Wofford/Furman game is a bit more impactful.

I followed it. xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2019, 12:31 PM
But at the SDSU game you’ll get to meet me, and it don’t get much better than that (I also happen have an open ticket)And maybe be encouraged to drink a beer or 30. xlolx

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 11th, 2019, 12:46 PM
But at the SDSU game you’ll get to meet me, and it don’t get much better than that (I also happen have an open ticket)****, maybe I will go down there, it was so boring last week that our group had to resort to bashing officials from Row Q. I think the USD/ NDSU game will be a better game than the WIU game. USD is a better offensive team but if they play quick and can't keep the ball for a while, it will be over quick.

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2019, 12:46 PM
And maybe be encouraged to drink a beer or 30. xlolx

Hey I don’t drink anymore.

I don’t necessarily drink any less either

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2019, 12:48 PM
****, maybe I will go down there, it was so boring last week that our group had to resort to bashing officials from Row Q. I think the USD/ NDSU game will be a better game than the WIU game. USD is a better offensive team but if they play quick and can't keep the ball for a while, it will be over quick.

You’re more than welcome to. Forecast looks pretty good as of now, 43 and cloudy. Beautiful football weather.

ST_Lawson
November 11th, 2019, 01:05 PM
A few pretty big games...not often you get two top-10 matchups.
I had to go with Weber @ Montana. In Utah, I think WSU would win this one, but I think the atmosphere in Missoula will even things out. Looks like Weber hasn't played there in 4 years, so it's likely that none of the current players have played there.

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2019, 01:09 PM
Hey I don’t drink anymore.

I don’t necessarily drink any less eitherI know that line all too well.

POD Knows
November 11th, 2019, 01:12 PM
You’re more than welcome to. Forecast looks pretty good as of now, 43 and cloudy. Beautiful football weather.Haven't missed a home bison game in 12 years, need to keep the streak going or something.

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2019, 02:15 PM
Haven't missed a home bison game in 12 years, need to keep the streak going or something.#bookit

Schism55
November 11th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Couple monster games and a bunch of big games this weekend, beautiful!

Preferred Walk-On
November 12th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Does anybody else find it ironic that last week, there was criticism that the #2 CAA team vs. the #1 CAA team did not make the final list of 9 GOTW candidates, yet this week the #2 CAA vs. the #1 CAA team is on the list, but yet to receive a single vote? xchinscratchx

WrenFGun
November 12th, 2019, 02:52 PM
Fascinating set of games this week.

I voted Furman/Wofford only because Weber and Montana are both going to the playoffs and are probably both seeds. A Wofford win followed by a Wofford loss to Citadel sets off massive drama in the Socon. Furman can put some bubble teams at ease with a win.

Obviously Albany/UNH is not the game of a week, but it's an elimination game for both teams. Should be a good one.
Nicholls/McNeese is a great game, too. Also an elimination game.
CCSU can make people feel a bit better if they beat RMU, too.

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2019, 03:12 PM
Does anybody else find it ironic that last week, there was criticism that the #2 CAA team vs. the #1 CAA team did not make the final list of 9 GOTW candidates, yet this week the #2 CAA vs. the #1 CAA team is on the list, but yet to receive a single vote? xchinscratchx

.....'CAUSE NCAA ANNOUNCED NEW HAMPSHIRE...AS #10........DOOKIES PROMPTLY....TROUNCED 'EM............RICHMOND IS........GONNA GET DUH SAME......AN' YER......WEBER/GRIZZWALD.....IS WAY MO'....WORTHY.........BRAWK!

Preferred Walk-On
November 12th, 2019, 07:13 PM
.....'CAUSE NCAA ANNOUNCED NEW HAMPSHIRE...AS #10........DOOKIES PROMPTLY....TROUNCED 'EM............RICHMOND IS........GONNA GET DUH SAME......AN' YER......WEBER/GRIZZWALD.....IS WAY MO'....WORTHY.........BRAWK!

Criticism came on Mon, Nov 4 at 10:15 AM (about an hour or so prior to the week 10 AGS poll release and two days prior to Selection Committee top 10 release). At that point, New Hampshire was ranked #32, and only after the AGS poll results were released, were they ranked in the top 25 (#20). Richmond is ranked #34 this week. The difference is minimal, at best.

However, I do agree that the Spiders are probably going to get the same treatment, and that Weber State @ Montana is going to be a good one.

Preferred Walk-On
November 12th, 2019, 07:19 PM
Fascinating set of games this week.

I voted Furman/Wofford only because Weber and Montana are both going to the playoffs and are probably both seeds. A Wofford win followed by a Wofford loss to Citadel sets off massive drama in the Socon. Furman can put some bubble teams at ease with a win.

Obviously Albany/UNH is not the game of a week, but it's an elimination game for both teams. Should be a good one.
Nicholls/McNeese is a great game, too. Also an elimination game.
CCSU can make people feel a bit better if they beat RMU, too.

I can totally get on board with this. Another three-way tie in the SoCon with someone getting left out would be completely on par with this season.

MR. CHICKEN
November 13th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Criticism came on Mon, Nov 4 at 10:15 AM (about an hour or so prior to the week 10 AGS poll release and two days prior to Selection Committee top 10 release). At that point, New Hampshire was ranked #32, and only after the AGS poll results were released, were they ranked in the top 25 (#20). Richmond is ranked #34 this week. The difference is minimal, at best.

However, I do agree that the Spiders are probably going to get the same treatment, and that Weber State @ Montana is going to be a good one.

.....ONE POSTER PLANTED DUH SEED......YEAH...BUT DAT GAME PICKED UP SPEED.....WHIFF NCAA ANNOUNCEMENT........CAA BROS......AREN'T UH CAA HOMER CULT.....AN'.......KNOW AN IMPORTANT GAME......YOU-DEE...DIDN'T LOSE ANY FEATHERS.....AGIN' NH......AN' WE COODAH/SHOODAH....DUH SPIDERS.......SO NO EXCITEMENT.....EVEN IFIN' ARACHNIDS......HANG CLOSE......AWK!

Preferred Walk-On
November 15th, 2019, 12:01 PM
94 voters. I think that is the most who have voted in any GOTW poll this year. Just bumping one time, 8 hr until the deadline. Enjoy your weekend.