PDA

View Full Version : SLC: Open Week University at McNeese Cowboys

McCowboys
November 4th, 2019, 08:14 AM
The Cowboys have played 10 straight weeks without a break and have managed a 6-4 record (6-3 against FCS schools; 4-3 in the SLC). For a team with a new head coach and new schemes on offense and defense, this isn't too bad.

Open U. comes at a good time for the Cowboys to regroup and to heal some of the bumps and bruises before they head to Thibodaux to face the Colonels in an important game for both squads.

I think the Cowboys handle Open U. handily this week.

McCowboys
November 10th, 2019, 05:07 PM
It was a struggle for the Cowboys fans not seeing the royal blue and sunflower gold on the field of battle this weekend, but watching LSU's big win over Bama and some of the inexplicable SLC scores helped to alleviate some of the football blues.

Open U. can be a pain sometimes. Let's see if it helped the Cowboys in their preparation for a really big game with the Nicholls Colonels in Thibodaux this weekend.

lionsrking2
November 10th, 2019, 05:13 PM
It was a struggle for the Cowboys fans not seeing the royal blue and sunflower gold on the field of battle this weekend, but watching LSU's big win over Bama and some of the inexplicable SLC scores helped to alleviate some of the football blues.

Open U. can be a pain sometimes. Let's see if it helped the Cowboys in their preparation for a really big game with the Nicholls Colonels in Thibodaux this weekend.

I've always called it an open date, or an off week. The NFL calls it a bye week but the definition of bye is to advance in a tournament without having to play an opponent.

McCowboys
November 10th, 2019, 05:17 PM
I've always called it an open date, or an off week. The NFL calls it a bye week but the definition of bye is to advance in a tournament without having to play an opponent.

I agree. I think Doc Martin feels this way, too. Yes, there are "bye weeks" in the FCS playoffs. During the regular season it is just an "off" or "open" week.

lionsrking2
November 10th, 2019, 05:27 PM
I agree. I think Doc Martin feels this way, too. Yes, there are "bye weeks" in the FCS playoffs. During the regular season it is just an "off" or "open" week.

xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
November 10th, 2019, 06:31 PM
I got a kick out of seeing our QB at the LSU game. He was in on the dousing of his Dad, grabbing the headset just in time to keep it from getting wet...

lionsrking2
November 10th, 2019, 06:34 PM
I got a kick out of seeing our QB at the LSU game. He was in on the dousing of his Dad, grabbing the headset just in time to keep it from getting wet...

Open date came at a great time. That's a moment the Orgeron family will cherish forever.

FormerPokeCenter
November 10th, 2019, 06:37 PM
No doubt....I got a kick out of seeing Cody in LSU gear. Turn about is fair play. Coach O ALWAYS wears McNeese gear when he's at Cowboy games, so Cody returning the favor was pretty cool.