PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em Week 11

carney2
November 3rd, 2019, 05:59 PM
Now that we've seen the Game for the Trophy, Part I, let's move on.

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL

FORDHAM @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ Bye

Game of the Week: Lafayette @ Holy Cross. Championship implications, I guess, but this could be non-competitive.

Southsider
November 3rd, 2019, 06:02 PM
Now that we've seen the Game for the Trophy, Part I, let's move on.

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL

FORDHAM @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ Bye

Game of the Week: Lafayette @ Holy Cross. Championship implications, I guess, but this could be non-competitive.

Go Pard’s😎

bonarae
November 3rd, 2019, 06:05 PM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Fordham

kdinva
November 3rd, 2019, 06:55 PM
LAFAYETTE 20 @ HOLY CROSS 34

LEHIGH 28 @ BUCKNELL 17

FORDHAM 17 @ COLGATE 24

Ivytalk
November 3rd, 2019, 07:25 PM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Colgate

RichH2
November 4th, 2019, 08:52 AM
Go Pard’s😎

Well, yeah. Feels weird tho.

ngineer
November 4th, 2019, 01:36 PM
What's not to like about a spotted pussy? Leotard win, along with Lehigh win makes looking at $155 all the more interesting! So, while 'pulling' for the 'pards, picking the saders, 28-24.

The match up in Lewisburg should be fun in the "former Coordinators Bowl". Lehigh must win to stay in the conversation about possible championship scenarios. Bucky still struggling. Weather to be 'uncommonly cool' on Saturday with High temps in the mid-30's. Could make for some slippery balls. Whether Hill will be available will have some impact on the effectiveness of Lehigh's offense. Assuming he plays, Lehigh 27-17.

Will Rams come to play four quarters? Winning four of final five games could really help Raiders going into next year. I think Fordham as more talent, but how well will they execute on the 'tundra'? Going on a hunch that Rams finally "get it together". Fordham 34-27.

TheValleyRaider
November 4th, 2019, 07:40 PM
On the one hand, 1-2 isn't a great week. On the other, it was the 1 that I wanted, so take what you can get at this point of the season. Not much time left, got to finish strong down the November stretch. 33-18 for the season.

Lafayette at Holy Cross Holy Cross While the Crusaders haven't wrapped up the title yet, they have to feel good about their position with just a couple games to go. While it won't have the hype of last week's contest, the Leopards are still hanging around this race, and a win for them would really shake things up. Cross at home is too good to predict that result, of course, but theoretically...

Lehigh at Bucknell Lehigh The Hawks' penchant for close games went the other way last week, though against an arguably superior team. They do have to travel for this one, and while I was going to make a joke about Bucknell not playing close games, the Bison did come close against Holy Cross in Lewisburg. Can't see them getting win #2 in this matchup though.

Fordham at Colgate Colgate Suddenly the Raiders have won two out of three, including a decent Georgetown. Fordham is coming off a tough loss, and has shown signs of being a better team this year, whatever their record might say. Let's just say this feels like a closer pick than it did this time last week. Raiders win on Senior Day, avoid an 0-fer in Hamilton.

crusader11
November 4th, 2019, 07:45 PM
HC -3
Lehigh -4
Colgate -1.5

Per 5 Dimes.

Sader87
November 4th, 2019, 11:00 PM
HC -3 seems really low.....are they trying to get me to start betting again? :)

crusader11
November 5th, 2019, 12:19 AM
HC -3 seems really low.....are they trying to get me to start betting again? :)

Oops. There’s 1 in front of that 3.

SUPharmacist
November 5th, 2019, 06:32 AM
Lafayette
Bucknell
Colgate

Lehigh Football Nation
November 5th, 2019, 02:02 PM
I'd love for Lafayette to win that game, but I'm not seeing it.

Sader87
November 5th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Ya nevah know...it is the PL after all.

Haven't seen much of the Pards but in general I think it's a good matchup for the Saders. Our defense has basically been our strength this year which I think should help against the young gunslingah from Easton.

Seems the Pard D has been an issue...if HC can control the line as they did mostly against Colgate and Lehigh, I think we should be OK offensively.

We shall see Saturday.

carney2
November 6th, 2019, 09:41 AM
LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS - My guess is that this will never be in doubt.

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL - Cecchini will get even with his alma mater, former employer, and the rejection as head coach, but not this year.

FORDHAM @ COLGATE - Probably a tossup, but the Rams will find a way to bumble and stumble to yet another loss.

Colgate TD
November 6th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Colgate - home game should do it
Holy Cross - home game
Bucknell - home game

van
November 6th, 2019, 11:22 AM
LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS, on paper it should not be close but Pards might just keep it close

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL, a little concerned about this one if our guys take Buffs lightly

FORDHAM @ COLGATE, Rams are due to play up to their potential

RichH2
November 7th, 2019, 05:26 PM
LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS, on paper it should not be close but Pards might just keep it close

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL, a little concerned about this one if our guys take Buffs lightly

FORDHAM @ COLGATE, Rams are due to play up to their potential

Agree that Buckies can be a problem. They do have a dynamic WR in Sanders and a QB who can throw long. Big plays have been our bane this year.

crusader11
November 8th, 2019, 04:06 PM
Friday of week 11 of the season where there are three league games tomorrow and we are on page two.

Wasn't long ago there would be 10+ pages of dialogue.

Sad!

Sader87
November 8th, 2019, 04:11 PM
This has always been mostly a Lehigh and Colgate dominated thread in the past....with those 2 somewhat or out of the running, you don't see the volume of posts here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2019, 04:26 PM
This has always been mostly a Lehigh and Colgate dominated thread in the past....with those 2 somewhat or out of the running, you don't see the volume of posts here.

The Lehigh folks are still here. Mountain Hawks still have plenty to play for.

It's going to be a cold weekend in the Northeast. I'm interested to see how Fordham handles the frozen artificial tundra in Hamilton. Conlin could be on the hot seat if the Rams collapse down the stretch.

Will the PL have 1 or more teams with a winning record? Holy Cross and Lehigh both have great chances imo but their margin for error is still rather small. Georgetown needs to beat Bucknell or HC. I'm not sure I like the Hoyas chances at this point.

crusader11
November 8th, 2019, 04:31 PM
Will the PL have 1 or more teams with a winning record? Holy Cross and Lehigh both have great chances imo but their margin for error is still rather small.

I have a hard time seeing HC going 1-2 down the stretch.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2019, 04:40 PM

I agree. Especially with Fordham's and Georgetown's recent stumbles. The Rams have talent but they appear to be a mess. The Hoyas will be looking for payback for last year's historical Crusader rally but that alone won't enough. HC will need to have an off game to lose to either one at this point imo.

ngineer
November 8th, 2019, 09:16 PM

I don't see it being hard to imagine. Based on what I've seen you can virtually throw a blanket over the PL this year, with Bucknell being an exception. 'gate on the fringe with the horrid start, but still capable of winning. HC has inside track and has played better than the others to date. But, while I feel Crusaders are favored, they are not 'prohibitive favorites'. Most of the remaining games in the PL will likely be decided by one score margins. In that scenario, most every game is just one mistake away from being flipped.

ngineer
November 8th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Friday of week 11 of the season where there are three league games tomorrow and we are on page two.

Wasn't long ago there would be 10+ pages of dialogue.

Sad!

Unfortunately, with the less than stellar results the PL has been putting up the past couple years, the interest level has slid. Even The Rivalry thread last year was significantly less than usual. Maybe #155 will see an increase as the Leotards have shown signs of life of late. An upset at HC will really get the juice flowing.

Leopard Loyalist
November 8th, 2019, 11:19 PM
LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL

FORDHAM @ COLGATE

RichH2
November 9th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Pards- Crusaders. Purples prevail. Shoemaker will pile up stats but not enough points.
Lehigh-Bucknell. A game that should not be close on paper but will be. Edge Lehigh
Rams-Gate. Gate discipline vs Ram talent. Rams will decide the outcome either by their mistakes or talent. Edge Colgate.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 11:20 AM
HC gets on the board first with a fairly lengthy FG

3-0 about 5 minutes left in 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 11:25 AM
TD Leopards! Beautiful long TD pass!

Lafayette 7-3 3:52 1Q

IslandPard
November 9th, 2019, 11:31 AM
LC is without their 3 top receivers.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 11:35 AM
TD Pards on another long bomb following a Crusader fumble!! Fumble looked like it should have been reviewed. Even so the HC secondary is getting torched again. Looks like an intriguing pillow fight in Worcester!

Lafayette 14-3 2:47 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Lafayette with a nice drive that ends in a FG. The PL does not deserve a playoff participant this season. The league is so bad!

Lafayette 17-3 7:40 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 12:00 PM
TD Crusaders! Converted a 4th a 1 at the Lafayette 4 to keep the drive alive...

Lafayette 17-10 3:33 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Holy Cross scores a TD but it's waived off due to a penalty. Then Degenhardt fumbles. That's PL football at its finest.

Lafayette 17-10 Half

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Colgate 7 Fordham 3 6:44 1Q

DFW HOYA
November 9th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Lafayette with a nice drive that ends in a FG. The PL does not deserve a playoff participant this season. The league is so bad!

Provocative but but I'll say it: was this league better without scholarships?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Bucknell 0 Lehigh 0 1:44 1Q

First team to 10 wins. This has been ugly....

- - - Updated - - -

Provocative but but I'll say it: was this league better without scholarships?

Been debated many times before. It absolutely was! Granted the variables were different but the league was competitively far superior.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Holy Cross fumbles the second half kickoff. That's three Crusader turnovers.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Pards get a FG off the fumble

Lafayette 20-10 13:07 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Bucknell settles for a FG after a 1st and goal....

Bucknell 3-0 11:45 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Lehigh's offense is a dumpster fire right now. Especially with Bibbens going out. Monaco can't move in the pocket! With the OL being leaky again it's bad combo....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:04 PM
HC gets a FG following a lengthy drive...

Lafayette 20-13 6:26 3Q

IslandPard
November 9th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Simpson out for the Leopards...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Simpson out for the Leopards...

Big loss!!

UNHWildcat18
November 9th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Do want, NEED HC to pull through and win this game

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:11 PM
TD Bucknell! That might do it! Lehigh is completely inept on offense...

Bison 10-0 4;23 2Q

Southsider
November 9th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Lehigh's offense is a dumpster fire right now. Especially with Bibbens going out. Monaco can't move in the pocket! With the OL being leaky again it's bad combo....

No excuses. Lack of motivation across the board. That is on COACHES!

RichH2
November 9th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Bison 10-0
Outplaying Lehigh completely so far. D has been on the field for most of the 1st half. OL a patchwork again is getting creamed.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Lafayette 20 Holy Cross 13 End 3Q

Colgate 14 Fordham 10 Half

Southsider
November 9th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Must play Shoup in 2nd half. Have to try something different.

IslandPard
November 9th, 2019, 01:20 PM
Standby...Leopards sleep walking this half.

Oh wait! ANOTHER fumble by HC!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:21 PM
Standby...Leopards sleep walking this half.

Oh wait! ANOTHER fumble by HC!

Holy Cross with 4 turnovers! What a mess! But perfect for PL football!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Lehigh turns an INT into points

Bucknell 10-3 0:47 2Q

As does Lafayette!

Lafayette 23-13 11:49 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Lafayette pick! Degenhardt threw it right to the 'Pard defender! 5 HC turnovers!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:32 PM
Bucknell 10 Lehigh 3 Half

UNHWildcat18
November 9th, 2019, 01:34 PM
****ing HC 5 turnovers on the day

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:37 PM
****ing HC 5 turnovers on the day

And Lafayette is still "only" winning 23-13. PL football is really in the dumps....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Lafayette pins HC at their own 1 yard line on a great punt. HC offense basically waves the white flag and will have to punt....

7:20 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:51 PM
HC inside the Lafayette 20 with a little over 2 minutes left. No timeouts and need two scores....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:53 PM
TD Crusaders! This game will come down to an onside kick!!

Lafayette 23-20 2:10 4Q

Another classic PL pillow fight!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Lafayette recovers the onside kick!

IslandPard
November 9th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Game...Leopards. Amazing what a team with no talent can do! 🙄

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 02:01 PM
Lafayette 23 Holy Cross 20 Final

3-7 Lafayette is now in the Patriot League driver's seat! I think that's rather fitting for how awful the league is.

I also think it's becoming clear Chesney is not the next Moorhead, Clawson, Biddle, Higgins etc. The Crusaders until Chesney are basically the Crusaders under Gilmore; a .500 program.

This league is terrible in large part because there's not a coach in the league truly capable of overachieving. Just a lot of "meh". No one deserves to go to the playoffs....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 02:09 PM
Monaco has been knocked out. Took way too many hits. Shoup in to try and finish off the drive. 1st and goal at the Bucknell 4....

Southsider
November 9th, 2019, 02:13 PM
Congrats Pards! LU couldn’t beat Moravian at this point. Truly sad how far they have fallen. The PL couldn’t win in D2. Tell me why I am wrong...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 02:13 PM
Another 1st and goal inside the 10 for Lehigh that ends with no points. Henning misses a short FG. Lehigh's OL is getting destroyed. Not sure if Shoup is going to survive...

Bucknell 10-3 7:26 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Congrats Pards! LU couldn’t beat Moravian at this point. Truly sad how far they have fallen. The PL couldn’t win in D2. Tell me why I am wrong...

Muhlenburg, #5 in D3, could definitely compete within the PL this season. The PL is just bad D1 football. The league might not have a single team finish with a winning record his season...lol

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Colgate adds a FG...

'Gate 24-13 10:20 4Q

Southsider
November 9th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Game over. LU hired the wrong guy!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 02:24 PM
TD Bison! Lehigh is nearly out of their misery.

Bison 17-3 2:32 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Bison add a FG to make it a three possession game.

Bucknell 20-3 9:23 4Q

Colgate 24 Fordham 13 Final

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Lehigh now on their third quarterback today, Alec Beesmer....

RichH2
November 9th, 2019, 02:57 PM
Utter embarrassment for Lehigh. Caused almost completetly by an inept OL. As bad as our line was last year, this is the worst performance by far.

DFW HOYA
November 9th, 2019, 02:59 PM
A 3-7 team is in the driver's seat for a playoff bid. That's Patriot League football.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 03:00 PM
TD Lehigh. Needed some penalty help on that drive...

Bison 20-10 7:11 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 03:07 PM
A 3-7 team is in the driver's seat for a playoff bid. That's Patriot League football.

The PL is trending towards 0 teams finishing with a winning record. I have to believe that would be a first for 1-AA/FCS? If that were to take play it also means 2 teams (really 1, Colgate) finished with a winning record in a three year stretch. That would be taken a historic level of awful to even worse level of awful.......

Lafayette would also be the first 7 loss team to make the playoffs. The Leopards and Mountain Hawks were 5-6 when they made it.

DFW HOYA
November 9th, 2019, 03:17 PM
The PL is trending towards 0 teams finishing with a winning record.

And what does the League plan to do about this structural problem? NOTHING.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Bucknell 20 Lehigh 10 Final

The Bison physically dominated Lehigh for 60 minutes. Lehigh's season is trending towards an ugly finish....

Southsider
November 9th, 2019, 03:24 PM
Yep, just the way it started. Game 9 with little improvement. I’m sorry, but I put that on the staff. And the injuries? LU seems to be bitten more than other teams. Why????

Sader87
November 9th, 2019, 04:06 PM
In typical HC fashion, we piss away a league clinching win today, turning the ball ovah 5 times at home.

Lafayette outplayed us....no excuses...congrats to the Pards!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 04:17 PM
In typical HC fashion, we piss away a league clinching win today, turning the ball ovah 5 times at home.

Lafayette outplayed us....no excuses...congrats to the Pards!

Holy Cross has probably had 3 ('08, '09, today) league clinching opportunities since 1991. Crusader football is not taking off under Chesney.

DFW HOYA
November 9th, 2019, 06:11 PM
Holy Cross has probably had 3 ('08, '09, today) league clinching opportunities since 1991. Crusader football is not taking off under Chesney.

To be fair, football is not taking off under anyone in the PL.

Sader87
November 9th, 2019, 07:52 PM
HC football has improved under Chesney....anyone denying/disputing that is being obtuse.

Recruiting is way up, the energy, facilities, support etc have improved. dramatically. ..still need to improve in some areas but we are headed in the right direction.

Hopefully other PL teams continue to improve as well.

crusader11
November 9th, 2019, 07:58 PM
Chesney’s ego got in the way of HC being much better than they are this year.

He blocked Geoff Wade, second team All PL QB last year, from coming back for a fifth year. My guess is that he thought he could bring in an FBS transfer (swing and a miss on EJ Perry who elected to go from BC to Brown to play for his uncle). He ended up getting the kid from Wake (Matt Consodine sp?), but he’s buried on the depth chart. The fact Gilmore did not try and get this kid to Lehigh should tell you how talented he is.

All that has resulted in HC being led by an average at best QB who is really just a game manager. Can’t go out and win us a game. In fact, our wins this year have largely come thanks to a pretty stout defense.

Oh, and don’t even get me started on the offensive coordinator Chesney has tied himself to for some reason.

Some in Woo-ville think Chesney is some savior. Haven’t seen it.

Sader87
November 9th, 2019, 08:38 PM
Not gulping down the Chesney kool-aid yet....but he is an impovement ovah the last few Gilmore years.

We need some improvements in the staff, agreed.

Today was a toe-stubbing....hopefully they learn from it and finish the season strong.

ngineer
November 9th, 2019, 09:11 PM
I can't believe I drove the two hours to Lewisburg to see that today! Lucky I didn't turn myself in 'up the road at the Big House' after what I witnessed. It was the worst game since Yankee Stadium. This was because we've thought we were seeing improvement over the past month. Today was a complete dumpster fire. It began and ended with the OL. Our poor QB's must have been sacked 10 times. Monaco had to leave the game and then Shoup got dinged..He actually looked scared out there, to me. Very tentative. #3, Beesmer showed a nice arm, but had little time as well. On the other side, where has OUR pass rush gone? The team that had over a half dozen sacks against Colgate and Fordham had none that I recall against HC, and maybe one today, when some pressure started in the second half. None in the first half. Team came out passing right away...missing Hill at RB (concussion protocol) had an impact, as I see him being our future starter. Still, there was nothing happening on offense. Bucknell was fired up. We weren't. They really came out with a chip--must have had 4-5 personal fouls for late hits/unnecesary roughness, which can really hurt, but showed they were wired for this game. We were not ready for this game..and, yes, it was unseasonably cold, but it was cold for Bucky, too...and no one cares...barely 1,200 in the stands and at least half were Lehigh people.(official attendance said 2,051---no f****** way.) Best performance of the game was the Lehigh Marching '97. A truly great marching band that is in constant motion with different geometric shapes--and without music majors--and an excellent sound. I videoed the performance, but don't know how to upload to this site. Also gives good view of the near empty home stands.

RichH2
November 9th, 2019, 10:05 PM
owl
OL a disaster today. 7 sacks and least double that of hits. Monaco concussion. Shoup a possible broken hand. O staff game planned for someone but it wasnt Bucknell. OL just terrible. Almost never picked up 2nd level rushers. Kept doubling leaving gaps for inside rush. Brisson kept QB in the pocket and didnt move the pocket. Open season on QBs.smh Embarrassing game for us.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2019, 10:24 PM
owl
OL a disaster today. 7 sacks and least double that of hits. Monaco concussion. Shoup a possible broken hand. O staff game planned for someone but it wasnt Bucknell. OL just terrible. Almost never picked up 2nd level rushers. Kept doubling leaving gaps for inside rush. Brisson kept QB in the pocket and didnt move the pocket. Open season on QBs.smh Embarrassing game for us.

Might be the worst performance by a Lehigh OL I've ever seen. I felt legitimately bad for the quarterbacks. What bothered me is not a single OL looked upset or frustrated by the results. Their inept play was legitimately putting their fellow teammates in jeopardy of injury.

These last two weeks are going to be very interesting for Lehigh and Gilmore. Based on what I saw today there's no way they beat Sacred Heart and Lafayette.

ngineer
November 9th, 2019, 10:28 PM
Might be the worst performance by a Lehigh OL I've ever seen. I felt legitimately bad for the quarterbacks. What bothered me is not a single OL looked upset or frustrated by the results. Their inept play was legitimately putting their fellow teammates in jeopardy of injury.

These last two weeks are going to be very interesting for Lehigh and Gilmore. Based on what I saw today there's no way they beat Sacred Heart and Lafayette.

We'll certainly be underdogs up at SHU, but the Laughyette Game is anyone's. The PL this year is a complete mishmash. Indeed, all the years of the PL's existence, this has to be the one with the most parity. Literally everyone of the 7 teams is capable of beating the other on "AGS" and equally capable of laying a horrible rotten egg.