PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston @ ACU - Week 11

Daytripper
November 3rd, 2019, 11:04 AM
Both teams are 5-4 and long shots for a playoff spot. ACU is trying to extend their winning streak to 4 games. SHSU is trying to bounce back from a heartbreaking loss to UCA.

Daytripper
November 3rd, 2019, 11:33 AM
As much as I would like to pick my Bearkats, I just don't see it this week.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2019, 01:49 PM
As much as I would like to pick my Bearkats, I just don't see it this week.I picked you, SHSU is screwed.

katss07
November 3rd, 2019, 02:18 PM
If Eric comes back and looks like he did against UIW, the Kats could win this game and make the playoffs.

cx500d
November 3rd, 2019, 02:53 PM
I picked you, SHSU is screwed.
Do I hear a @#BookIt

Daytripper
November 3rd, 2019, 03:00 PM
I picked you, SHSU is screwed.
http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/44Eq3Ab5LPYn6/giphy.gif

cx500d
November 3rd, 2019, 03:03 PM
http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/44Eq3Ab5LPYn6/giphy.gif
My, Mr. Rogers, what long middle fingers you have!

Daytripper
November 3rd, 2019, 03:13 PM
My, Mr. Rogers, what long middle fingers you have, said Mrs. Rogers!

FIFY

Derby City Duke
November 3rd, 2019, 10:01 PM
Ok Bearkats, I picked you this week. Don't screw me over...

cx500d
November 3rd, 2019, 10:21 PM
Ok Bearkats, I picked you this week. Don't screw me over...
Are you ****ing stupid???? Didn't you see post #3?

Derby City Duke
November 3rd, 2019, 11:25 PM
Are you ****ing stupid???? Didn't you see post #3?

Thought it was fake news since it didn’t contain the official POD Knows #BookIt seal of approval.

McCowboys
November 4th, 2019, 08:06 AM
Another week of flipping the coin....ACU is tough to beat at home. Which Bearkat team will show up?

Daytripper
November 4th, 2019, 08:09 AM
Another week of flipping the coin....ACU is tough to beat at home. Which Bearkat team will show up?

Picking Southland games is almost as difficult as my wife picking a restaurant.

McCowboys
November 4th, 2019, 08:16 AM
Picking Southland games is almost as difficult as my wife picking a restaurant.

xnodx

BEAR
November 4th, 2019, 08:45 AM
I don't know what injuries Sam or ACU has but I'll have to go with ACU.

ACU played defense throughout the whole game against us. Sam's defense had hands on hips nearly halfway through the third. I know it's not a big reason to pick a team but it's something ACU can tangilbly use to win. Worked for us. xlolx

Daytripper
November 4th, 2019, 08:53 AM
I don't know what injuries Sam or ACU has but I'll have to go with ACU.

ACU played defense throughout the whole game against us. Sam's defense had hands on hips nearly halfway through the third. I know it's not a big reason to pick a team but it's something ACU can tangilbly use to win. Worked for us. xlolx

Their hand were on their hips because our lousy offense kept going 3 and out the entire 2nd half. If we get Schmid back healthy this week, we have a shot.

BEAR
November 4th, 2019, 09:00 AM
Their hand were on their hips because our lousy offense kept going 3 and out the entire 2nd half. If we get Schmid back healthy this week, we have a shot.

IF. But I honestly think it may be too late for your playoff hopes.

McNeese75
November 4th, 2019, 09:04 AM

Really? After the pass UIW got last year into the playoffs? Hell, it apparently is never too late.

Daytripper
November 4th, 2019, 09:11 AM

Well, if we finish 8-4 with conference wins vs. Nicholls, UIW, McNeese and ACU and (I hate to use this term) good losses to UCA and North Dakota, I think our resume is pretty good. We also had a very close loss to our FBS opponent. All losses were close and the only really bad loss was Lamar.

BEAR
November 4th, 2019, 09:16 AM
Well, if we finish 7-4 with conference wins vs. Nicholls, UIW, McNeese and ACU and (I hate to use this term) good losses to UCA and North Dakota, I think our resume is pretty good. We also had a very close loss to our FBS opponent. All losses were close and the only really bad loss was Lamar.

FIFY. But your lifeline does run out this Saturday. You and SLU are teetering on the edge.

POD Knows
November 4th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Do I hear a @#BookItThere is a finite amount of #BOOKIT karma available, no need to waste it on these types of games.

POD Knows
November 4th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Picking Southland games is almost as difficult as my wife picking a restaurant.Yep, I bet I am well under .500 on the games in this conference. I should go back and check but my track record this year in this conference has to be way worse than any other conference out there.

Outsider1
November 4th, 2019, 09:26 AM
It's a coin toss, but we are at home. Which team comes out of the bye more prepared??

Bison56
November 4th, 2019, 09:29 AM
I picked Sammy because they have better fans.xthumbsupx

Daytripper
November 4th, 2019, 09:31 AM
FIFY. But your lifeline does run out this Saturday. You and SLU are teetering on the edge.

We are 5-4 currently with three more games to play (ACU, NWST, HBU), so if we win out we will be 8-4.

BEAR
November 4th, 2019, 09:40 AM
We are 5-4 currently with three more games to play (ACU, NWST, HBU), so if we win out we will be 8-4.

Do you think the playoff committee will take into consideration your D2 win?

BEAR
November 4th, 2019, 09:42 AM
I've got an idea. Let me start an SLC playoff thread so we can discuss all the teams options so we can get this thread back on track.

F'N Hawks
November 4th, 2019, 09:44 AM

NAIA win.

Daytripper
November 4th, 2019, 09:45 AM

No. But I was simply being mathematically accurate with our win-loss total. I didn't specify just D-1 wins.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got an idea. Let me start an SLC playoff thread so we can discuss all the teams options so we can get this thread back on track.

xthumbsupx

Outsider1
November 6th, 2019, 09:02 AM
I was able to watch a little bit of our practice yesterday afternoon, which I think I shouldn't always do. I hate when I see good things in practice because it doesn't always pan out come game day. Although it is good seeing them put in the work and game plan. We look to have most everyone healthy and excited. We will see what happens. Saturday weather in Abilene looks to be partly cloudy and 72 degrees with only a 10% chance of rain (wind only around 8mph). How can you beat that??

Daytripper
November 6th, 2019, 09:24 AM
I was able to watch a little bit of our practice yesterday afternoon, which I think I shouldn't always do. I hate when I see good things in practice because it doesn't always pan out come game day. Although it is good seeing them put in the work and game plan. We look to have most everyone healthy and excited. We will see what happens. Saturday weather in Abilene looks to be partly cloudy and 72 degrees with only a 10% chance of rain (wind only around 8mph). How can you beat that??

Perfect football weather. I am hoping for a well played, competitive game with no major injuries. Whoever wins still has playoff dreams. The loser will be staying at home.

Outsider1
November 6th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Perfect football weather. I am hoping for a well played, competitive game with no major injuries. Whoever wins still has playoff dreams. The loser will be staying at home.

+1, this will be an interesting final stretch....

Outsider1
November 8th, 2019, 08:36 AM
Safe travels Bearkats, the cold rain is finished here and should be sunny by tomorrow :)

Daytripper
November 8th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Safe travels Bearkats, the cold rain is finished here and should be sunny by tomorrow :)

Wish I could go, but I will be watching. FYI, the attachment doesn't work.

Outsider1
November 8th, 2019, 09:23 AM
Wish I could go, but I will be watching. FYI, the attachment doesn't work.

I don't know why I have been having troubles with attachments on AGS lately. I have tried several computers but no luck.

FormerPokeCenter
November 8th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Size matters, but with AGS attachments, the relationship is inverse. Try reducing the file size....

Daytripper
November 9th, 2019, 04:41 PM
The Wildcats come out strong to take a 10-0 lead, but Sammy's defense gets them back into it. SHSU 14 ACU 10 at the half.

Daytripper
November 9th, 2019, 05:06 PM
SHSU 17 ACU 10 - 11:34 left in third.

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2019, 08:00 PM
Sammy Defense is the real deal

Daytripper
November 9th, 2019, 08:09 PM
Sammy Defense is the real deal

Yes they are. But we can't do anything without our starting QB, Schmid. It's a shame that we couldn't have paired this defense with one of our Briscoe-led offenses.

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2019, 08:27 PM
Yes they are. But we can't do anything without our starting QB, Schmid. It's a shame that we couldn't have paired this defense with one of our Briscoe-led offenses.

that was a different QB today?

Outsider1
November 9th, 2019, 08:29 PM
And we pooped our diapers like an infant who just ate a laxative. No matter how good your defense was. We crumpled...good teams don't do that.

Outsider1
November 9th, 2019, 08:30 PM
that was a different QB today?

Brock started, but then Schmidt came in and picked our sorry ass secondary apart. Even when Schmidt went back out we sucked.

katss07
November 9th, 2019, 09:30 PM
I missed the first two drives. Did Brock really start?

Outsider1
November 9th, 2019, 09:37 PM
I missed the first two drives. Did Brock really start?

I could be wrong, but I saw him out there early on before I saw Schmidt out there. Schmidt wasn't even listed on the 2 deep. I figure the whole thing was a head game.

Daytripper
November 9th, 2019, 09:47 PM
I think Schmid started. Brock came in when he got hurt.

Katfan
November 9th, 2019, 10:08 PM
I think Schmid started. Brock came in when he got hurt.
Schmid started. He came out in the 2nd half with cramps.

Daytripper
November 10th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Brock started, but then Schmidt came in and picked our sorry ass secondary apart. Even when Schmidt went back out we sucked.

We are a completely different team when Schmid is out there. I can't figure out Brock. He was really good last year and seems to have regressed. Even when healthy he looks lost.