PDA

View Full Version : 2019-11/02 AGS GOTW Week 10

Preferred Walk-On
October 27th, 2019, 08:36 PM
This is a week where once again, a top 5 matchup moves further west. Also on the slate are a number of games with very important playoff and/or conference title implications. Enjoy!

#4 Weber State @ #5 Sac State - Top 5 matchup with the winner having an inside track to the Big Sky title

#6 Villanova @ #32 New Hampshire - Was a toss-up between this game and #21 Stony Brook @ Richmond. Picked this one, because it will be important to see how Villanova recovers after last week's tough defeat. Also, New Hampshire has probably the toughest CAA slate remaining (Villanova, @ James Madison, @ Albany, Maine).

Monmouth @ #8 Kennesaw State - Inside track to the Big South title, and perhaps a test of whether the committee will consider the Big South a multi-bid conference in less than a month.

#9 Northern Iowa @ #10 Illinois State - Top 10 matchup between two teams that, while finished playing North Dakota State, each still have South Dakota State on their remaining schedules AND the potential for a seed come late November.

#13 Furman @ #35 Chattanooga - Both one-loss teams in the SoCon. The Paladins hope to remain highly-ranked and with only one blemish when they face Wofford in three weeks (potentially making that the SoCon championship game). The Mocs can complicate the SoCon, while also keeping on track for an 8-4 record (with all 4 losses coming to AGS Top 25 or FBS teams).

#15 Nicholls State @ #29 Incarnate Word - Four teams in the Southland have two conference losses. It is important to not take that third one. Both teams looking to rebound after upset losses last weekend.

#16 Dartmouth @ Harvard - Well, Princeton beat Harvard. Dartmouth must do the same to stay undefeated in the Ivy, and keep on track for a battle of the Ivy undefeateds on Nov 9.

#30 Austin Peay @ Eastern Kentucky - There are four teams in the OVC with one conference loss. Austin Peay beat Southeast Missouri State, who beat Tennessee-Martin, who beat Eastern Kentucky. Austin Peay is looking to prevent this from becoming circular and remain at the top with one loss.

#39 Jacksonville State @ #20 Tennessee-Martin - The Skyhawks took their first conference loss last week to Southeast Missouri State in a one-score game. This is the second of three consecutive matchups for Tennessee-Martin with current or previous OVC "powerhouses". Quite honestly, the Gamecocks would like to avoid another loss to end with a 9-3 record, and a case for an at-large bid from the OVC (assuming that all four teams in front of them, and two with H2H wins over the Gamecocks, do not falter).

dewey
October 27th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Easy for me.

Weber State at Sacramento State. Top 5 matchup and inside track to Big Sky title and a top 4 seed for the playoffs.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 27th, 2019, 08:52 PM
I know the PL isn't all that great (ok likely stinks) but Holy Cross at Lehigh will quite possibly determine the title/auto-bid into the playoffs. Maybe not GOTW material but it will likely have an impact on playoff matchups/pairings imo.

Preferred Walk-On
October 27th, 2019, 09:21 PM
I know the PL isn't all that great (ok likely stinks) but Holy Cross at Lehigh will quite possibly determine the title/auto-bid into the playoffs. Maybe not GOTW material but it will likely have an impact on playoff matchups/pairings imo.

I actually had it on the list, but it was cut to get down to 9 options with an "other". You are exactly correct though.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2019, 01:20 AM
This is Weber/Sac St and it’s a no doubter. Lot riding on that game with a bunch of national implications for seeds. Should be a good one.

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2019, 05:42 AM
Easy for me.

Weber State at Sacramento State. Top 5 matchup and inside track to Big Sky title and a top 4 seed for the playoffs.

Dewey

^^^^THIS^^^^

Daytripper
October 28th, 2019, 08:26 AM
This may be the easiest choice ever.

walliver
October 28th, 2019, 09:00 AM
I picked Furman at Chatty. It is a make or break game for both teams. The loser will fall out of the three way tie at first. Although we may well have a champion finish 6-2, the loser of this game would lose the tie-breaker between the two. A loss would essentially eliminate Chatty from an at-large spot. A Furman loss would essentially require them to win out the rest of the year.

Derby City Duke
October 28th, 2019, 09:00 AM
This may be the easiest choice ever...

...for the 3rd consecutive week. xlolx

BEAR
October 28th, 2019, 10:21 AM
I picked Nicholls and UIW. It will clear the playoff and conference title picture up a bit with both teams sitting in second. It may even show how the SLC feasting on itself opens up spots for teams from other conferences getting at-larges. xlolx

McNeese75
October 28th, 2019, 03:07 PM
This may be the easiest choice ever.

yep