SUPharmacist
October 26th, 2019, 11:46 PM
Sat Nov 2

Northern Iowa@Illinois State
Southern Illinois@Indiana State
South Dakota@Western Illinois
South Dakota State@Missouri State
North Dakota State@Youngstown State

I will update standings in last weeks thread later this week.

bonarae
October 27th, 2019, 04:07 AM
ISU red
Trees
USD
SDSU
NDSU

mvfcfan
October 27th, 2019, 06:23 AM
UNI- toss up and the game of the week in the MVFC.
SIU- INST is bad and SIU continues to improve.
USD- No offense for WIU to keep up
SDSU- in a blowout.
NDSU- If YSU won this one xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 27th, 2019, 06:49 AM
Ill State -- tough game to call here...go with the home team
SIU
USD -- bad team vs bad team
SDSU
NDSU

POD Knows
October 27th, 2019, 09:04 AM
North Dakota State@Youngstown State NDSU comes out flat after a tough game at SDSU #BOOKIT

Please note the change on the UNI/ISUr game

TheKingpin28
October 27th, 2019, 09:59 AM
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois
South Dakota
South Dakota State
North Dakota State

skinny_uncle
October 27th, 2019, 04:26 PM

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2019, 06:52 PM
Northern Iowa - tough call, but I think UNI has just enough to squeak out a win at Normal
Southern Illinois - SIU is....not bad?...I guess...I'm very confused, but it seems like they're beating most of the "middle of the pack" teams
South Dakota - Like I said...I'm done picking my Leathernecks. They won't win a game this year. Hell...we play North Alabama, Eastern Washington, and Oklahoma State next year...we might not win one next year either.
South Dakota State - not quite enough to take down the Bison, but they've got plenty of "game" to take down the Bears
North Dakota State - Bison lay an egg after the HUGE game last weekend...they only win by 24.

Gil Dobie
October 28th, 2019, 09:00 AM
Sat Nov 2

Evolution Prime
October 28th, 2019, 10:32 AM
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois
South Dakota
South Dakota State
North Dakota State

Bison56
October 28th, 2019, 10:36 AM
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois
South Dakota
South Dakota State
North Dakota State

Redbird 4th & short
October 28th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Massey has UNI winning 14-13 ... very logical as computer prognostications go. We have better record, but weaker SOS.

My hope is this ... given UNI plays tough defense, especially their run defense, we will have to mix things up more than we usually do and throw the ball early to open things up for Robinson. Our #2 RB Proctor has been coming on lately, so he could be a factor.

Statistically, looks like an evenly matched game. Though we have been stronger in red zone defensively and UNI seems to struggle moving chains consistently ... same as us at times, though they have struggled more ... granted against tougher SOS. Should be a defensively slugfest unless specialy teams or turnovers become a factor. Forecast is 40 degrees, 13 mph winds and very little chance of rain.

JacksFan40
October 28th, 2019, 12:07 PM

skinny_uncle
October 28th, 2019, 12:30 PM
Northern Iowa - tough call, but I think UNI has just enough to squeak out a win at Normal
Southern Illinois - SIU is....not bad?...I guess...I'm very confused, but it seems like they're beating most of the "middle of the pack" teams
South Dakota - Like I said...I'm done picking my Leathernecks. They won't win a game this year. Hell...we play North Alabama, Eastern Washington, and Oklahoma State next year...we might not win one next year either.
South Dakota State - not quite enough to take down the Bison, but they've got plenty of "game" to take down the Bears
North Dakota State - Bison lay an egg after the HUGE game last weekend...they only win by 24.

SIU is a different beast now that Chinn and Davis have returned from injuries. It usually helps when you get a couple of team captains back.

ST_Lawson
October 28th, 2019, 01:30 PM
SIU is a different beast now that Chinn and Davis have returned from injuries. It usually helps when you get a couple of team captains back.

That makes sense then. I haven't been paying quite as much attention to everyone else this year as I have been the last few years, so I wasn't aware of the injuries.
Looks like you guys will probably finish right around 7-5 (I assume beating INSU, MSU, and us, then losing to NDSU), which, depending on what else is going on, might just barely get you guys in the playoffs. That'd be a pretty impressive turnaround from 2-9 last year.

Redbird 4th & short
October 28th, 2019, 01:44 PM
That makes sense then. I haven't been paying quite as much attention to everyone else this year as I have been the last few years, so I wasn't aware of the injuries.
Looks like you guys will probably finish right around 7-5 (I assume beating INSU, MSU, and us, then losing to NDSU), which, depending on what else is going on, might just barely get you guys in the playoffs. That'd be a pretty impressive turnaround from 2-9 last year.
I think MVFC will get at least one nod (maybe 2) this year as far as 7-5 teams go .. I hope and think the committee will recall giving bids to three 6-4 teams last year ... inexplicably, 2 were from Southland giving them same # of teams as MVFC, and 1 from Colonial giving them an unprecedented 6th team ... while MVFC only got 3 teams and our 6-4 team stayed home, despite having the toughest SOS of all the 6-4 teams .. both CAA and Soutland crapped the beds in playoffs last year ... to say nothing of fact that the MVFC excl NDSU has the best playoff record (.630 playoff win %) of any conference including their best team.

Plus ReignofTerror has deemed it so in writing .. and so it will be !!!

Sycamore62
October 28th, 2019, 01:54 PM

Bisonator
October 28th, 2019, 02:20 PM

Redbird 4th & short
October 28th, 2019, 02:31 PM
Looks like all road teams would be favored this week ... tightest spread should be UNI at ISUr

Tazman2664
October 28th, 2019, 06:14 PM
Northern Iowa@Illinois State - this will be a very good game but I have to go with the home team
Southern Illinois@Indiana State - home filed will not help, will Indi be awake for this game?
South Dakota@Western Illinois - this will be a very good game but I have to go with the home team
South Dakota State@Missouri State - home filed will not help, will MSU be awake for this game?
North Dakota State@Youngstown State - Youngstown has struggled against the MV this year and it will continue

The Yo Show
October 28th, 2019, 06:32 PM

skinny_uncle
October 28th, 2019, 11:44 PM
Are you a bit nervous about picking all road teams?

The Yo Show
October 29th, 2019, 06:14 AM
Well, I do think my selections are likely to win, but I could see potentially the Northern Iowa @ Illinois State Game going the other way, but I still think the outcome I selected is very likely.

ysubigred
October 29th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Red birds
Dawgs
Yotes
Bunnies
Bizon

caribbeanhen
October 29th, 2019, 10:36 AM
Massey has UNI winning 14-13 ... very logical as computer prognostications go. We have better record, but weaker SOS.

My hope is this ... given UNI plays tough defense, especially their run defense, we will have to mix things up more than we usually do and throw the ball early to open things up for Robinson. Our #2 RB Proctor has been coming on lately, so he could be a factor.

Statistically, looks like an evenly matched game. Though we have been stronger in red zone defensively and UNI seems to struggle moving chains consistently ... same as us at times, though they have struggled more ... granted against tougher SOS. Should be a defensively slugfest unless specialy teams or turnovers become a factor. Forecast is 40 degrees, 13 mph winds and very little chance of rain.

I see it as the other way around on Massey right now.... Ill State 14 N Iowa 13

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2019, 04:43 PM
All road favorites this week. IIRC the same was the case late in the conference season last year and there were either 2 or 3 upsets... just some food for thought if you're looking at picking all the road teams.

Northern Iowa @ Illinois St - Closest to a tossup game as there is this week. I've got to pick at least one home team to win.

Southern Illinois @ Indiana St - What a difference a year makes for these two... complete role reversal from last year.

South Dakota @ Western Illinois - I really wanted to pick WIU in this one but every time I pick them as my upset special they lose... so this is probably the one that they'll win.

South Dakota St @ Missouri St - If MSU had any kind of an offense I might be tempted to pick the shocker here since this is the prototypical trap game for SDSU. I'll go with the Jacks but I think it's going to be a closer than everyone thinks and the Bears put a good scare into them.

North Dakota St @ Youngstown St - Same deal with the trap game for the Bison here except they're playing a better team in YSU. The spread is 18 right now and I have little doubt that the Penguins cover that. But NDSU finds ways to win close games and YSU finds ways to lose them so I think that holds true here.

skinny_uncle
October 29th, 2019, 05:55 PM
I see it as the other way around on Massey right now.... Ill State 14 N Iowa 13

I have little faith in Massey at this point. They picked both UMass and YSU to beat SIU.

caribbeanhen
October 31st, 2019, 09:26 AM
Illinois State

Southern Illinois

South Dakota

South Dakota State

North Dakota State

Schism55
October 31st, 2019, 11:26 AM
Illinois St.
Southern Illinois
South Dakota
South Dakota State
North Dakota State

Preferred Walk-On
October 31st, 2019, 04:16 PM
Sat Nov 2

Northern Iowa @ Illinois State
Southern Illinois @ Indiana State
South Dakota @ Western Illinois
South Dakota State @ Missouri State
North Dakota State @ Youngstown State

Sweep for the road teams.

SUPharmacist
October 31st, 2019, 04:39 PM
Illinois State
Southern Illinois
Western Illinois
South Dakota State
North Dakota State

Redbird 4th & short
October 31st, 2019, 04:47 PM
I have little faith in Massey at this point. They picked both UMass and YSU to beat SIU.
Gun to your head ... you have to choose between Massey and Coaches Poll .... what do you choose ????

p.s. I prefer Massey Composite

Paladin1aa
October 31st, 2019, 05:19 PM
Northern Iowa
So. Illinois
So. Dakota
So. Dakota St.
No. Dakota St.

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2019, 08:59 AM
Gun to your head ... you have to choose between Massey and Coaches Poll .... what do you choose ????

p.s. I prefer Massey Composite

Absolutely Massey's ratings if that's the choice. I have less than zero confidence in the coaches poll. I also prefer Massey Composite to the regular Massey ranking system, but I think like most here, especially once you get into the season a bit, our own AGS poll often is the best predictor.

REALBird
November 1st, 2019, 07:29 PM
Illinois State
NDSU
SDSU
SIU
USD

Sycamore62
November 1st, 2019, 09:33 PM
I have to ref playoff football here in illinois tomorrow and my game is right in the middle of the ISUb SIU. I cant imagine its possible to somehow navigate through espn+ without seeing the score before i watch the replay. Thoughts?

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2019, 10:15 PM
I have to ref playoff football here in illinois tomorrow and my game is right in the middle of the ISUb SIU. I cant imagine its possible to somehow navigate through espn+ without seeing the score before i watch the replay. Thoughts?

I can't promise this will work, but here's the direct link to the replay page for football games at ESPN: https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule?categoryId=60459870-f8fc-3b3a-a6b9-d8af4bf19223&om-navmethod=topnav&type=replay
If you go there tomorrow evening, a bit after the game is over, then change the date to the 2nd (might default to it tomorrow anyway), then it should show you the games but without any scores or anything.

Also, be sure to turn off any alerts you have from apps on your phone or whatever, and tell any friends who might text you during a game that they need to shut the hell up for a bit.

Sycamore62
November 1st, 2019, 10:55 PM
I can't promise this will work, but here's the direct link to the replay page for football games at ESPN: https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule?categoryId=60459870-f8fc-3b3a-a6b9-d8af4bf19223&om-navmethod=topnav&type=replay
If you go there tomorrow evening, a bit after the game is over, then change the date to the 2nd (might default to it tomorrow anyway), then it should show you the games but without any scores or anything.

Also, be sure to turn off any alerts you have from apps on your phone or whatever, and tell any friends who might text you during a game that they need to shut the hell up for a bit.

i doubt ill be able to keep from looking but we will see

ST_Lawson
November 2nd, 2019, 08:13 PM
South Dakota @ Western Illinois - I really wanted to pick WIU in this one but every time I pick them as my upset special they lose... so this is probably the one that they'll win.

Thanks for the assist Prof. We couldn't have done it without you.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2019, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the assist Prof. We couldn't have done it without you.
You're welcome! I am simply the best at picking WIU games wrong.

ST_Lawson
November 2nd, 2019, 09:25 PM
You're welcome! I am simply the best at picking WIU games wrong.

Question is, what do you do next week?
Do you pick WIU because then you know that NDSU will win?
Or do you go ahead and pick NDSU because you know that no amount of bad "karma" from your picking against WIU will counteract the utter obliteration that will happen next week in Fargo?

Personally, I'm going with the second one.

Also, please don't kill our QB. He's not much but he's the best we've got and he's a nice kid.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2019, 11:04 PM
Question is, what do you do next week?
Do you pick WIU because then you know that NDSU will win?
Or do you go ahead and pick NDSU because you know that no amount of bad "karma" from your picking against WIU will counteract the utter obliteration that will happen next week in Fargo?

Personally, I'm going with the second one.

Also, please don't kill our QB. He's not much but he's the best we've got and he's a nice kid.
I think you know the answer to those questions. ;)

SDSU and YSU fans may not believe me but I've hated to see their starting QBs get knocked out the last couple weeks. Both were on pretty routine plays and it sucks when a team has to play without such a key player for the majority of the game. I honestly hope the opposing starting QBs string of bad injury luck against NDSU ends next week.

ST_Lawson
November 3rd, 2019, 07:10 PM
I think you know the answer to those questions. ;)

SDSU and YSU fans may not believe me but I've hated to see their starting QBs get knocked out the last couple weeks. Both were on pretty routine plays and it sucks when a team has to play without such a key player for the majority of the game. I honestly hope the opposing starting QBs string of bad injury luck against NDSU ends next week.

Yup, nobody should wish for an injury to someone playing. Even moreso if it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that we're going to lose regardless of who our QB is.

SUPharmacist
November 10th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Updated Standings

1. PreferredWalk-on 54-10
1. Paladin1aa 54-10
1. ST_Lawson 54-10
4. Evolution Prime 53-10
5. Caribbeanhen 52-12
5. MVFCfan 52-12
5. The Yo Show 52-12
8. Bison Fan in NW MN 51-13
9. Bison56 50-13