Ivytalk
October 26th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Just 9,078 at Princeton for Tigers’ close win over Harvard.xsmhx

JMUNJ08
October 26th, 2019, 10:47 PM
23,983 for JMU's homecoming victory over Towson

RabidRabbit
October 26th, 2019, 10:47 PM
19,371 sold out game for SDSU hosting bison . Largest crowd ever in SD history.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
October 26th, 2019, 10:56 PM
19,371 sold out game for SDSU hosting bison . Largest crowd ever in SD history.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I do believe that’s the largest crowd in the Dakotas history.

Look after today I’m taking every victory I can here.

ngineer
October 26th, 2019, 11:00 PM
Roughly 7-8,000 at Goodman to see Lehigh beat Georgetown and the new video board!

bwbear
October 26th, 2019, 11:12 PM
9,363 for UCA's homecoming against SHSU on a cold, damp night.

BEAR
October 26th, 2019, 11:24 PM
9,363 for UCA's homecoming against SHSU on a cold, damp night.

Rather large crowds outside the fences too. Mostly Greek orgs.

Ivytalk
October 27th, 2019, 07:09 AM
Just 9,078 at Princeton for Tigers’ close win over Harvard.xsmhx

Every other Ivy game drew under 5,000.xsmhx

JayJ79
October 27th, 2019, 08:10 AM
Rather large crowds outside the fences too. Mostly Greek orgs.
greek orgies outside the fences?

Ivytalk
October 27th, 2019, 08:57 AM
greek orgies outside the fences?
Sounds like a Colgate crowd.;)

bulldog10jw
October 27th, 2019, 10:19 AM
Every other Ivy game drew under 5,000.xsmhx

I wonder how many people are watching ESPN+ instead of attending games. It may not be a lot, after all, Ivy attendance has been sinking for a decade or more, but they must have a way to check the number of viewers. ESPN+ is great for me in Arizona, but are people in the northeast who would normally attend games, or at least think about it, sitting in front of their computers instead?

Son of Eli
October 27th, 2019, 11:11 AM
I wonder how many people are watching ESPN+ instead of attending games. It may not be a lot, after all, Ivy attendance has been sinking for a decade or more, but they must have a way to check the number of viewers. ESPN+ is great for me in Arizona, but are people in the northeast who would normally attend games, or at least think about it, sitting in front of their computers instead?

I’m sure it’s having a major impact. Stopped me from going to the Yale -Dartmouth game this year, thankfully!

It’s a catch 22. It helps with recruiting, branding and alumni involvement but it hurts the game day atmosphere. I want to have my cake and to eat it too. Ivy League needs to step up it’s marketing efforts , specifically in regards to students. Other than cheerleaders and band members I don’t think I’ve seen a Yale student at any of the games this year. Sad.

Son of Eli
October 27th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Roughly 7-8,000 at Goodman to see Lehigh beat Georgetown and the new video board!

7,031 to be exact. Yale got a new video scoreboard too but didn’t announce it to anyone. They instead treated it as a “surprise”. Again, they need to market better.

Sader87
October 27th, 2019, 12:33 PM
HC had 10,900 for Family Weekend....I was one of the slackers at home watching on Stadium...I did go to the last two HC games at Brown, Harvard for Homecoming so don't judge too harshly. :)

Nice to see 2 back to back games of 10K+ at Fitton.

Ivytalk
October 27th, 2019, 02:00 PM
This doesn’t bode well for The Game in New Haven this year. Harvard and Yale may find themselves battling for third place again. I remember the ‘97 Game, which drew only 26,000. That was a bad Yale team against a good Harvard one, but it was before anyone had the ESPN+ excuse not to show up. I’m thinking in the vicinity of 35K this year, if the weather holds up.

bulldog10jw
October 27th, 2019, 02:26 PM
This doesn’t bode well for The Game in New Haven this year. Harvard and Yale may find themselves battling for third place again. I remember the ‘97 Game, which drew only 26,000. That was a bad Yale team against a good Harvard one, but it was before anyone had the ESPN+ excuse not to show up. I’m thinking in the vicinity of 35K this year, if the weather holds up.

Yale-Harvard is the one game where ESPN+ should have no affect. The game has been somewhere on TV virtually every year for as long as I can remember. You are still going to get the die hards and the students going to their one game a year. What will hold attendance down, I think, is the peripheral fan who goes when both teams are really good or even to see a particularly great player, although most Ivy players these days, even great ones, are anonymous.

Maybe 40k with nice weather.

Son of Eli
October 27th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Yale-Harvard is the one game where ESPN+ should have no affect. The game has been somewhere on TV virtually every year for as long as I can remember. You are still going to get the die hards and the students going to their one game a year. What will hold attendance down, I think, is the peripheral fan who goes when both teams are really good or even to see a particularly great player, although most Ivy players these days, even great ones, are anonymous.

Maybe 40k with nice weather.

That would be a huge drop off from the 50,000 plus we’ve seen every other year at New Haven since 1999, but sadly it’s realistic. Other series played at the bowl this year have seen a 50% drop off or more compared to recent years, so it might even be conservative.

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 27th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Maine had 8,123 for Homecoming game with W&M. If we made tailgaters buy a ticket would have been an easy 9K plus.xdrunkyx

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2019, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a Colgate crowd.;)

It's not an orgy, it's a toga party :p

ngineer
October 27th, 2019, 07:25 PM
No sheets! Then it's an orgy.

ngineer
October 27th, 2019, 07:27 PM
No question this has impacted attendance. I know many undergrads at Lehigh that tailgate and drink in their dorms and frats watching on Patriot League Network streaming. A lot of alums, as well, wo don't want to take a 'chance' on the elements stay away an watch. We are becoming 'soft'.

Backdraft
October 28th, 2019, 06:42 AM
Attendance in the SWAC for week 9

Jackson State at Prairie View A&M
Attendance: 1614

Southern at Alcorn State
Attendance: 15993

Texas Southern at Mississippi Valley State
Attendance: 2679

Grambling at Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Attendance: 7513

Alabama A&M at Alabama State (Magic City Classic)
Attendance: 53217

Cocky
October 28th, 2019, 07:27 AM

Southern at Alcorn State

Alabama St and JSU must use the same counter.

caribbeanhen
October 28th, 2019, 09:10 AM
7,031 to be exact. Yale got a new video scoreboard too but didn’t announce it to anyone. They instead treated it as a “surprise”. Again, they need to market better.

I was at the Cornell game

Visual scan told me maybe 1,500 people in the stadium

Sycamore62
October 28th, 2019, 09:27 AM
8510 at the monsoon in Normal for the ISUr vs ISUb homecoming game. A lot of them participated in "Dress up like a bleacher Day"

Redbird 4th & short
October 28th, 2019, 10:13 AM
8510 at the monsoon in Normal for the ISUr vs ISUb homecoming game. A lot of them participated in "Dress up like a bleacher Day"
This !!!

I've said many times before ... we are a fair weather bunch when it comes to butts in seats. Forecast and weather got worse every day this week ... it was arguble worse than our NDSU game 2 years (driving rain turned freszing rain, turned sleet, turned snow) ... mainly because the 4th qtr in the snow was actually a welcome relief 2 years. This game just got worse as game progressed. I stuck it out 2 years and again yesterday .. most never showed up, which kid of sucks on homecoming. Lot of them do tough it out tailgating though .. so it's nt like we aren't a resilient bunch. Just would rather tailgate than sit in bad weather.

Nice game otherwise ... both teams slugged it out in horrible conditions before we finally pulled away Q4. RB Robinson should be dubbed "the Postman" .. he delivers rain or shine !!! Most of our yards, points and 1st down advantages were realized in Q4.

ASU33
October 28th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Alabama St and JSU must use the same counter.

We used whatever the city uses for Legion Field. The rain kept a lot of people in the tailgate area. 53,217 is the smallest Classic crowd in over 20 years.

BadlandsGrizFan
October 28th, 2019, 03:55 PM
just under 25,000 in Missoula watching the Griz end EWUs season.

GAD
October 29th, 2019, 08:52 AM

Southern at Alcorn State

Jackson State is on track to set a new all time FCS attendance record we just have to see how there games with UAPB, Southern and Alcorn go (an if they get the count right)

NY Crusader 2010
October 29th, 2019, 09:24 AM
That would be a huge drop off from the 50,000 plus we’ve seen every other year at New Haven since 1999, but sadly it’s realistic. Other series played at the bowl this year have seen a 50% drop off or more compared to recent years, so it might even be conservative.

What is going on at Yale? I never remembered seeing attendance figures below 8K there. Our game against you guys back in 2008 was about 11K and it wasn't Homecoming, FW or anything of the sort. Times have changed, even in a decade. War on football? War on toxic male culture?

8,000 a solid crowd for Princeton. Despite recently having their best teams in the post-I-A era, they have drawn flies on a consistent basis.

caribbeanhen
October 29th, 2019, 10:19 AM
What is going on at Yale? I never remembered seeing attendance figures below 8K there. Our game against you guys back in 2008 was about 11K and it wasn't Homecoming, FW or anything of the sort. Times have changed, even in a decade. War on football? War on toxic male culture?

8,000 a solid crowd for Princeton. Despite recently having their best teams in the post-I-A era, they have drawn flies on a consistent basis.

not much at all from my brief visit, hard to find a Cold cerveza ...... raw burger between a piece of toast 10 bucks

all the students I saw looked like attending the football game was the last thing on their mind, this is becoming a trend nationwide