PDA

View Full Version : JMU and Weber St. agree to home and home series

Dukie95
October 23rd, 2019, 01:15 PM
2021 at WSU
2022 at JMU

http://jmusports.com/news/2019/10/23/football-jmu-announces-home-and-home-series-with-weber-state.aspx (http://jmusports.com/news/2019/10/23/football-jmu-announces-home-and-home-series-with-weber-state.aspx)

kdinva
October 23rd, 2019, 01:25 PM
very good!!!

Bison56
October 23rd, 2019, 01:26 PM
Nice!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2019, 01:34 PM
That is very cool. I don't know how Weber fans are traveling right now but it's a beautiful area that JMU fans might want to take a look at if they get the chance to go to this one.

MTfan4life
October 23rd, 2019, 01:44 PM
I love seeing unprecedented non-conference matchups like this! Idaho State vs. Northern Iowa was the first time the Bengals had left the West for a non-con game since 1992. I'm pretty sure this will be the first time James Madison leaves the east (in regular season non-conference play) since they played McNeese State in a home and home in 1995/96.

MSUBobcat
October 23rd, 2019, 02:39 PM
Great work by the athletic departments. Based on the performance the last few years and barring a massive unexpected decline, these will be great games. And add some more quality inter-conference datapoints for you pollsters.

Schism55
October 23rd, 2019, 02:40 PM
That is very cool. I don't know how Weber fans are traveling right now but it's a beautiful area that JMU fans might want to take a look at if they get the chance to go to this one.
Amen, lots of natural beauty in/around Ogden. Really cool stadium to watch a game at as well.
Props to these 2 schools for scheduling this, awesome for the FCS.

IBleedYellow
October 23rd, 2019, 02:53 PM
Hell yes! JMU fans - get your asses out to Ogden, I screwed up by not doing that last time NDSU played out there.

JMUNJ08
October 23rd, 2019, 03:23 PM
I love seeing unprecedented non-conference matchups like this! Idaho State vs. Northern Iowa was the first time the Bengals had left the West for a non-con game since 1992. I'm pretty sure this will be the first time James Madison leaves the east (in regular season non-conference play) since they played McNeese State in a home and home in 1995/96.

Had this in that NDSU travel thread. This will be JMU's first game in the Mountain time zone. Regular season or playoffs. And yes, McNeese was the last one anything close to this.

Very excited about this and why not straight regionalization of the playoffs is good. Without that classic game 2 years ago, this would NEVER happen.

MSUBobcat
October 23rd, 2019, 03:36 PM
Had this in that NDSU travel thread. This will be JMU's first game in the Mountain time zone. Regular season or playoffs. And yes, McNeese was the last one anything close to this.

Very excited about this and why not straight regionalization of the playoffs is good. Without that classic game 2 years ago, this would NEVER happen.

WHHAAAAA????? What about the Pacific time zone?

Edit: just re-read the press release... First time west of Frisco... That's nutz!

Derby City Duke
October 23rd, 2019, 03:58 PM
Stoked! Salt Lake/Ogden here we come!

Lorne_Malvo
October 23rd, 2019, 05:02 PM
Stoked! Salt Lake/Ogden here we come!

Take the time to drive up into the Wasatch mountains and walk around. Its pretty amazing.

knit35
October 23rd, 2019, 06:56 PM
Pumped for this. Will definitely be headed out that way! Great job by both Athletic Departments.

dewey
October 23rd, 2019, 10:31 PM
Kudos to both athletic departments. Should two good games.

Dewey

Catbooster
October 24th, 2019, 10:01 AM
Great to see non-conf match-ups like this.

Never played West of Frisco? Wow. That's half the country (but not that many FCS teams out here, I guess).

Dukie95
October 24th, 2019, 10:30 AM
When there are so many conferences and teams nearby, there's little reason to travel that far OOC.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 24th, 2019, 11:53 AM
When there are so many conferences and teams nearby, there's little reason to travel that far OOC.

Not so sure on that one. I never give a rat's ass about JMU's non conference for the most part. I will be paying very close attention to this now and there is zero doubt that it will be on the list to watch for JMU games in those years.

So, with others out there like me I would assume it sure can't hurt either program to get on a plane every once in a while I wouldn't think.

grizband
October 24th, 2019, 07:03 PM
This is an exciting, albeit unexpected, non-conference match up! I remember Weber almost pulling the upset of James Madison in 2016, and expect these games to contain similar intrigue.

SUPharmacist
October 24th, 2019, 08:04 PM
The more games like this the better. I get that regional games are easier and safer, but games like this are good for driving interest in the FCS. I will definitely be checking it out.

JMUNJ08
October 24th, 2019, 08:22 PM
Not so sure on that one. I never give a rat's ass about JMU's non conference for the most part. I will be paying very close attention to this now and there is zero doubt that it will be on the list to watch for JMU games in those years.

So, with others out there like me I would assume it sure can't hurt either program to get on a plane every once in a while I wouldn't think.

Oh, 100% agree. Outside of Chatty this year/ next, our OOC has been cupcake heavy. Hell, they even give us the win after only playing a quarter!

However, the abundance of teams make for many choices, just so happens those are not the big boy conferences at all. Thus, not intriguing matchups (as the fans would agree per the buts in the seats for those)

I Bleed Purple
October 24th, 2019, 09:12 PM
Weber State...fans?