PDA

View Full Version : Western Illinois vs Youngstown St.

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2019, 12:46 PM
This weekend is a matchup of the MVFCs game of the week, the Toilet Bowl, between WIU and YSU. Both teams are winless in the MVFC and the winner gets to flush the loser away.

In honor of the Bowl game, YSU AD moRon Strollo is having the Ice Castle redesigned with brown patches on the field and lines done up in yellow streams for an appropriate color effect.

Head Coach Bozo Pelini gets license to cut loose with his most profane comments yet and his staff promises them to be as well prepared as they were for a recent game at SIU.

5dimes has picked YSU as a 17 point favorite, but in a game of this magnitude, anything is possible in a lust for Bowl game immortality. Personally, I favor the Penguins , but won’t be betting my hard earned money. Tickets are in abundance as no one is going to the game, but they are keeping score.

How do you see this epic showdown ?

that guy
October 23rd, 2019, 02:29 PM
This is WIU's best shot for a win this year since they blew it with the tree's.

ST_Lawson
October 23rd, 2019, 03:22 PM
This is WIU's best shot for a win this year...

Is what I said before the Missouri State game.
Then it's what I said before the Indiana State game.
I guess it's technically true now, although I think there's also a sliver of a chance against USD and SIU (both games we play in the vast empty expanse that is Hanson Field on gameday). I don't know that any of those three (YSU, UDS, SIU) are really better odds than the other. All teams have shown signs of being pretty bad and they've shown that sometimes they can be almost "mediocre" at times.

Otherwise...there's NDSU and UNI. Both games in which we are likely to be utterly steamrolled...or considering the locations...snowplowed.

Penguin Nation
October 23rd, 2019, 04:11 PM
Is what I said before the Missouri State game.
Then it's what I said before the Indiana State game.
I guess it's technically true now, although I think there's also a sliver of a chance against USD and SIU (both games we play in the vast empty expanse that is Hanson Field on gameday). I don't know that any of those three (YSU, UDS, SIU) are really better odds than the other. All teams have shown signs of being pretty bad and they've shown that sometimes they can be almost "mediocre" at times.

Otherwise...there's NDSU and UNI. Both games in which we are likely to be utterly steamrolled...or considering the locations...snowplowed.

Is there any chance your players can “meow” when they’re near the visitor sideline? I want to see DumBo completely lose his sh—

BeamMeUp
October 23rd, 2019, 06:25 PM
Paladin, folks would be crazy to bet on YSU giving that many points after that debacle last week. Complete mess.

My worst fear, see UNI thread, came true about this team folding after a tough loss.

Very disappointing...

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2019, 07:00 PM
Beam Me Up- I was also shocked to see the line on this game after, you are correct, the debacle last week.

I acknowledge we don’t match up in several positions while we have some decent players at others but I put a lot of the loss on the coaches for very poor preparation.

Still, I see more potential wins, including this week, unless they are mailing it in. I hope that’s not the case.

ST_Lawson
October 23rd, 2019, 10:39 PM
Is there any chance your players can “meow” when they’re near the visitor sideline? I want to see DumBo completely lose his sh—

I don't know...maybe I can convince someone to sneak a cat onto the team bus, or maybe everyone gets off the bus wearing sweaters.

As for the game...idk...we'll probably lose. We'll keep it close in the first half, then YSU will pull away in the second and win by maybe 10.

Paladin1aa
October 24th, 2019, 10:04 AM
Game notes for YSU are out and they are not making any changes. Seriously ?

Of course , not sure their poor recruits would be helped much since the coaches don’t make adjustments to the other teams O and D.

In other news, with declining ticket sales , YSU is going all out for the Upcoming NDSU game announcing a 2 ticket for one price if you present a receipt from a Rally burger joint. This reminds me of the old failed Schwebels bread 2 for 1 fiasco.

LMAO