ILST
SDSU
USD (depends on which SIU shows up)

POD Knows
October 21st, 2019, 06:15 PM
Western Illinois@Youngstown State
Northern Iowa@Missouri State
Indiana State@Illinois State
North Dakota State@South Dakota State This will be the most lopsided game of the day #BOOKIT
Southern Illinois@South Dakota

bonarae
October 21st, 2019, 07:13 PM
YSU
UNI
ISU red
NDSU (toss-up! toss-up!)
USD

MayorOfHenTown
October 21st, 2019, 07:30 PM
YSU
UNI
ISUb
NDSU
SIU

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2019, 09:02 PM
Youngstown State - our offense played better against ISU than they have all season, and YSU just fell in a pile of Egyptian dog crap, but I'm sticking to my guns...I'm done picking Western to win anything this year until women's basketball starts up.
Northern Iowa
Illinois State
North Dakota State
Southern Illinois

REALBird
October 21st, 2019, 09:15 PM
YSU
UNI
Ill State
NDSU
USD

Sycamore62
October 21st, 2019, 10:39 PM
Youngstown State
Northern Iowa
Indiana State
North Dakota State
South Dakota

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2019, 11:57 PM
North Dakota State@South Dakota State

Evolution Prime
October 22nd, 2019, 08:03 AM
Youngstown State
Northern Iowa
Illinois State
South Dakota State
Southern Illinois

ysubigred
October 22nd, 2019, 08:28 AM
Necks
Panthers
Birds
Bizon
Yotes

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2019, 09:21 AM
Youngstown State
Northern Iowa
Illinois State
North Dakota State
Southern Illinois

Bisonator
October 22nd, 2019, 10:50 AM

Bison56
October 22nd, 2019, 11:07 AM
Youngstown State
Northern Iowa
Illinois State
North Dakota State
Southern Illinois

JacksFan40
October 22nd, 2019, 11:57 AM

Paladin1aa
October 22nd, 2019, 12:29 PM
YSU
UNI
Ill State
NDSU
USD

In the MVFCs Toilet Bowl game, the Penguins flush the Necks away.

Biggest blowout is UNI over Misery St.

Birds put it on the Trees and not just their do do.

Upset possible, but Bison dodge the killer Bunnies in close win

Yotes throw a D on Dawgs that YSU didn’t do.

Preferred Walk-On
October 22nd, 2019, 02:27 PM
Sat Oct 26

Western Illinois @ Youngstown State
Northern Iowa @ Missouri State
Indiana State @ Illinois State
North Dakota State @ South Dakota State
Southern Illinois @ South Dakota

Gil Dobie
October 22nd, 2019, 02:44 PM
Sat Oct 26

Schism55
October 23rd, 2019, 12:38 AM
Youngstown State
Northern Iowa
Illinois State
North Dakota State
Southern Illinois

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2019, 04:37 PM
Western Illinois @ Youngstown St - No better team than WIU to stop YSU's slide.

Northern Iowa @ Missouri St - Still trying to make sense out of how the Bears defense I saw in the Fargodome has been so bad the rest of the year but I think they revert to form this week.

Indiana St @ Illinois St - Going with the home team to win a low scoring battle of ISUs.

North Dakota St@ South Dakota St - I could come up with lots of reasons to pick NDSU but the only really truthful one is I'm a homer. :)

Southern Illinois @ South Dakota - This is an interesting game, it'll be a crossroads for both teams. I like how the Salukis are playing so I'll go with them even on the road.

Redbird 4th & short
October 23rd, 2019, 05:23 PM
Youngstown State - our offense played better against ISU than they have all season, and YSU just fell in a pile of Egyptian dog crap, but I'm sticking to my guns...I'm done picking Western to win anything this year until women's basketball starts up.
Northern Iowa
Illinois State
North Dakota State
Southern Illinois

WIU hurry up and 3-5 step drops had us on our heels for 75% of game .. it's like we never saw hurry up no huddle offense before. We clearly did not prepare well for it and you guys executed really well. As I said on Redbird forum, WIU played to win, ISUr played to "not lose" ... wins a win, I suppose, but that win did not make me feel good about how we played. Well played by WIU, except for turnovers. ISUr is 5-2, just as expected after 7 games ... but we're still not clicking by any means.

Redbird 4th & short
October 23rd, 2019, 05:51 PM
A year ago, we pretty well outplayed ISUb at their place .. total yards 488 to 283, first downs 26 to 17 .. except we lost 28-23. Withtout doubt, we gave game away in Q2 ... a pattern of self destruction we repeated in 4 straight losses in games 7 to 10 against NDSU, SDSU, UNI, and ISUb ... combined we were outscored 72-0 in Q2, but final margin was only 43 points comebined. Turnovrs and field position absolutely killed us those 4 games. ISUb game was no exception.

INS
2nd
ILS38
12:26
FUMB
ILS00
11:54
TD
2-38
0:32

INS
2nd
ILS25
10:02
INT
ILS00
07:23
TD
6-25
2:39

INS
2nd
INS48
05:45
PUNT
ILS00
01:25
TD
9-52
4:20

The loss to ISUb probably kept us out of playoffs. We would have been 7-4, or 6-4 in D-I games .... 3 questionable bids got in at 6-4, though not ISUb and probably they should have gotten in. I think committee would have given us the nod had we been in same position.

So this is a game Spack will have our guys ready .. he knows we have to win this game for playoff bid with tough games against SDSU and UNI coming up. Plus it's homecoming .. good weather, should be good day.

SUPharmacist
October 24th, 2019, 01:05 AM
Going to actually make picks this week.

YSU
UNI
ISUr
NDSU
USD

mvfcfan
October 24th, 2019, 04:54 AM
I'm glad everyone is picking NDSU. I'll be able to gain some ground this week xlolx. I already know I'm going to get roasted for this if SDSU ends up losing.

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2019, 08:20 AM
I'm glad everyone is picking NDSU. I'll be able to gain some ground this week xlolx. I already know I'm going to get roasted for this if SDSU ends up losing.

Sometimes in the latter half of the season, you just gotta go with high risk/high reward. Throw the hail mary and hope you come up with it at the end.

Sycamore62
October 24th, 2019, 08:50 AM
A year ago, we pretty well outplayed ISUb at their place .. total yards 488 to 283, first downs 26 to 17 .. except we lost 28-23. Withtout doubt, we gave game away in Q2 ... a pattern of self destruction we repeated in 4 straight losses in games 7 to 10 against NDSU, SDSU, UNI, and ISUb ... combined we were outscored 72-0 in Q2, but final margin was only 43 points comebined. Turnovrs and field position absolutely killed us those 4 games. ISUb game was no exception.

INS
2nd
ILS38
12:26
FUMB
ILS00
11:54
TD
2-38
0:32

INS
2nd
ILS25
10:02
INT
ILS00
07:23
TD
6-25
2:39

INS
2nd
INS48
05:45
PUNT
ILS00
01:25
TD
9-52
4:20

The loss to ISUb probably kept us out of playoffs. We would have been 7-4, or 6-4 in D-I games .... 3 questionable bids got in at 6-4, though not ISUb and probably they should have gotten in. I think committee would have given us the nod had we been in same position.

So this is a game Spack will have our guys ready .. he knows we have to win this game for playoff bid with tough games against SDSU and UNI coming up. Plus it's homecoming .. good weather, should be good day.

I wont pick against the Sycamores but I would say that Spack rarely has his team ready to perform to their capabilities against us.

Redbird 4th & short
October 24th, 2019, 10:05 AM
I wont pick against the Sycamores but I would say that Spack rarely has his team ready to perform to their capabilities against us.
generally agree, but last year they performed, just unraveled in Q2 .. my comment abouthaving them ready has more to do with the "payback" attitude he can easily tap into for game like this. And he knows it will be tough game, so he MAY not be as inclined to "play it safe" on offense as much as he tends to do with weak teams. He knew he had to throw against NAU to win that game and did it. He didn't think he had to throw in games against EIU, SIU, and WIU ... and while we won, it was not inspiring offesnively. I hope he views this game the same as NAU ... one he could lose and one he feels sense payback ... so he better use his entire arsenal. Just my sense of how he thinks. I just want us to throw more ... tired of playing against every defense knowing they can stack the box on Robinson .. so far, we've only made NAU pay for it. And our conservative play calling does very little to prepare us for the leagues best defenses .. having lost our top 2 WRs including FR Hero All American Edgar has some to do with it. But I'm tired of seeing good rosters go 6-5 because we can't throw the ball more consistently when needed.

If we're struggling to move chains and Spack still doesn't throw, thinking if only he brings in more blockers (2 TEs and FB) ... that's what drives me nuts. When it comes to playing it smart ... there's careful and then there's too careful.

Who knows .. should be a good game regardless ... just watch our pass count each quarter, that'll tell you a lot. If we're running well, his approach works well. If we're not, he doesn't always adjust .. we'll see how this week goes. Look forward to good game.

Sycamore62
October 24th, 2019, 11:24 AM
generally agree, but last year they performed, just unraveled in Q2 .. my comment abouthaving them ready has more to do with the "payback" attitude he can easily tap into for game like this. And he knows it will be tough game, so he MAY not be as inclined to "play it safe" on offense as much as he tends to do with weak teams. He knew he had to throw against NAU to win that game and did it. He didn't think he had to throw in games against EIU, SIU, and WIU ... and while we won, it was not inspiring offesnively. I hope he views this game the same as NAU ... one he could lose and one he feels sense payback ... so he better use his entire arsenal. Just my sense of how he thinks. I just want us to throw more ... tired of playing against every defense knowing they can stack the box on Robinson .. so far, we've only made NAU pay for it. And our conservative play calling does very little to prepare us for the leagues best defenses .. having lost our top 2 WRs including FR Hero All American Edgar has some to do with it. But I'm tired of seeing good rosters go 6-5 because we can't throw the ball more consistently when needed.

If we're struggling to move chains and Spack still doesn't throw, thinking if only he brings in more blockers (2 TEs and FB) ... that's what drives me nuts. When it comes to playing it smart ... there's careful and then there's too careful.

Who knows .. should be a good game regardless ... just watch our pass count each quarter, that'll tell you a lot. If we're running well, his approach works well. If we're not, he doesn't always adjust .. we'll see how this week goes. Look forward to good game.

I actually think your best bet is to pound the run game vs us. especially if your defense contains us at all. I know you want to see the pass but I dont think that's the way to beat us in your case.

Redbird 4th & short
October 24th, 2019, 02:31 PM
I actually think your best bet is to pound the run game vs us. especially if your defense contains us at all. I know you want to see the pass but I dont think that's the way to beat us in your case.

you might be right, I haven't looked at ISUb game stats yet to see what you guys do well or not. I was making a more general comment about our offense out of frustration. And even if yourre right, at some point, we have to learn to throw the ball with more consistency and confidence, if we want to make the playoffs more often, much less make a run. I know anyone can say this, but with the exception of our QB play, our roster has been good enough to make some noise in playoffs the last 3 years ... but thats a big but.

Redbird 4th & short
October 25th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Just looked at your results ... strong pass defense, not so stout run defense. Statistically we're pretty even overal, just some things we do better vs other things you do better. One area we are really strong is red zone (offense and defense) and pass rush. But based on the forecast, I don't think either team will pass be passing much. Our defense has been hot and cold, but sporadically dominant with great penetration at times .. unlike last year, when we were very stout and consistent, but very little penetration defensively. I prefer last years defense ... made very few mistakes compared to this year.

Forecast getting worse every day ... it gonna rain !!!! And wind is going to blow. But you guys are used to this as we are .. so it's a fair fight.

12:00 PM

SAT

Rain
48°
43°
85%
82%
ENE 14 mph

1:00 PM

SAT

Rain
49°
44°
85%
85%
ENE 16 mph

2:00 PM

SAT

Rain
50°
44°
85%
88%
ENE 17 mph

3:00 PM

SAT

Rain
50°
44°
90%
88%
ENE 17 mph

4:00 PM

SAT

Rain
50°
44°
85%
90%
ENE 18 mph

5:00 PM

SAT

Rain
51°
45°
90%
90%
NE 16 mph

Professor Chaos
October 25th, 2019, 01:55 PM
it gonna rain !!!!
Thank you Ollie

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Just looked at your results ... strong pass defense, not so stout run defense. Statistically we're pretty even overal, just some things we do better vs other things you do better. One area we are really strong is red zone (offense and defense) and pass rush. But based on the forecast, I don't think either team will pass be passing much. Our defense has been hot and cold, but sporadically dominant with great penetration at times .. unlike last year, when we were very stout and consistent, but very little penetration defensively. I prefer last years defense ... made very few mistakes compared to this year.

Forecast getting worse every day ... it gonna rain !!!! And wind is going to blow. But you guys are used to this as we are .. so it's a fair fight.

so I probably wasted $65 on tix for my wife and daughters, which happens even when its nice out since its gonna rain and be cold and be windy.

Redbird 4th & short
October 25th, 2019, 02:20 PM
so I probably wasted $65 on tix for my wife and daughters, which happens even when its nice out since its gonna rain and be cold and be windy.
still wont be as bad as our game against Bison 2 years ago ... game time, it was raining pretty good with 20-25 mpg South winds and about 38 degrees. Temp kept dropping, rain turned to heavy sleet, and eventually a driving snow storm by half time .. plows were brought out at halftime and for rest of game during breaks. By mid Q4, the snowstorm turned into a light snow, and was actually very pleasant by comparison to first 3 qtrs ... bu then Stick busted thru middle for a 55 yard run to put game on ice. We lose 20-7 ... not many fans stuck it, but I did. Toughest weather I ever sat thru.

Sycamore62
October 26th, 2019, 08:44 AM
still wont be as bad as our game against Bison 2 years ago ... game time, it was raining pretty good with 20-25 mpg South winds and about 38 degrees. Temp kept dropping, rain turned to heavy sleet, and eventually a driving snow storm by half time .. plows were brought out at halftime and for rest of game during breaks. By mid Q4, the snowstorm turned into a light snow, and was actually very pleasant by comparison to first 3 qtrs ... bu then Stick busted thru middle for a 55 yard run to put game on ice. We lose 20-7 ... not many fans stuck it, but I did. Toughest weather I ever sat thru.

in 1995 I was starting my 2nd game vs ISUr at Hancock after our center got hurt. it was cold and had snowed the night before and we were driving there the day of the game. The bus started to fishtail around a curve at one point so the offense all thought we were going to die and the defense was going to get a front row seat to see it. when we got there it was sunny and really windy. we were standing outside the locker room which was shielding the wind so I thought, Im tough, im not wearing sleeves. Centers went out to do snaps with the QBs, I went back in and immediately put on long sleeves. the wind was blowing over that field house and felt 10x worse on the field. at one point in the game, i went to grab the ball, it was wet and I asked for a new one, they put a new one down and I watched ice form on the ball as I grabbed it......snap, dropback, pass, ball comes out of the back of the qb's hand...safety. It was so cold, my uncle was at the game and he nearly lost toes to frost bite.

The Yo Show
October 26th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Youngstown State
Northern Iowa
Illinois State
North Dakota State
Southern Illinois

SUPharmacist
November 1st, 2019, 11:41 PM
Updated Standings

1. Preferred Walk-on 50-9
1. Paladin1aa 50-9