PDA

View Full Version : #1 NDSU @ #3 SDSU (Battle for the Dakota Marker 2019)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2019, 09:02 AM
So I figured a game of this magnitude needed an actual football discussion thread aside from the College Gameday chatter.

This is a monstrous matchups in the MVFC with the 2 remaining unbeaten teams in conference play meeting up. Whoever wins this game will basically have a 1.5 game lead over the other in the conference standings after the tie breaker so that means the winner has the inside track to the MVFC title and to homefield until Frisco in the playoffs.

Here's the tale of the tape:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48935899621_369bf5e469_c.jpg

I think the key factors will be:

QB play... which freshman QB can be more consistent on the money downs and in the redzone and which can avoid turnovers.
For NDSU controlling time of possession. I'm going to post a little later today a breakdown of the numbers going back to 2010 in the 10 games NDSU has beaten SDSU versus the 2 they lost and the TOP contrast is pretty telling.
For both teams who can control the other team's run game. As the numbers show both teams have elite run games on offense but they also have elite run defenses. Something has to give in this one.
Working off that point NDSU's O-line struggled last week with Missouri St and SDSU's defensive front 7 is far superior to MSU's. Was that a blip or is NDSU's O-line not as good as we thought before last week? They'll certainly be put to the test this Saturday.

In the end I think it'll be a pretty low scoring game similar to last year's regular season matchup that NDSU won in Fargo 21-17. Whoever can get to 20 points might just win this one. I won't even bother to give my prediction since you all know who I'd pick but I think this is going to be a tight game either way. I'm pumped to see it! This is going to be a long week. :)

What are you looking forward to most in this game? How do you see it playing out? What are the keys you'll be looking for?

Bisonator
October 21st, 2019, 09:13 AM
If NDSU is going to lose a regular season game this will probably be the one. They looked bad against Misery State but I think that might have been self induced, looking past them and onto SDSU. I know the coaching staff and players said that didn't happen but come on they are human and it happens. Still got the win and a shut out but they can't make those mistakes against SDSU and expect to win. I think NDSU is the better team and I gotta go with them to win but wouldn't be shocked if SDSU pulls the upset.

RabidRabbit
October 21st, 2019, 09:46 AM
NDSU has looked REALLY dominant, except vs MoST. Jackrabbits have looked really good, especially on D, and especially in the 2nd half. If any team can salvage a W vs Bison, it's the Jacks. Should be an outstanding game, in front of a packed audience, after the ESPN Gameday broadcast. Hope it matches up to the hype, or is a repeat of the 2017 game in Brookings.

Christiank22
October 21st, 2019, 10:00 AM
To go or not to go to the game...

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2019, 10:02 AM
To go or not to go to the game...
Well it did just sell out this morning I think. But tickets are probably available if you want to go searching down there Saturday morning or dive into the secondary market this week.

Christiank22
October 21st, 2019, 10:04 AM
Well it did just sell out this morning I think. But tickets are probably available if you want to go searching down there Saturday morning or dive into the secondary market this week.

Looking into the secondary market, not too bad of prices really. Committed to pheasant hunting with some buddies, but it’s a chance to overrun SDSUs gameday with green and gold and how can I pass that up!?

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2019, 10:19 AM
So here's the comparison I was referring to between the games SDSU has won in this series compared to the games NDSU has won. This is all from NDSU's perspective so the Loss row is a win for SDSU and the opponent (Opp) stat categories are in reference to SDSU's numbers. I decided that rather than go back to 2011 I'd just go back to 2016 when things started getting more competitive in this rivalry so there's only a 5 game sample size but it's pretty interesting I thought.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48936324451_cfcddd736c_o.jpg

So my main takeaways from that are the huge disparities in rushing yards for NDSU (316 ypg in NDSU wins and 134.5 ypg in SDSU wins) and time of possession (36 to 24 NDSU advantage in NDSU wins, 34 to 26 SDSU advantage in SDSU wins). Those number go hand in hand obviously. One other number I don't have in there that is telling is turnover margin. NSDU is +2 in the 3 NDSU wins and SDSU is +4 in the 2 SDSU wins. Taking care of the ball is obviously paramount.

RabidRabbit
October 21st, 2019, 10:42 AM
Pretty much similar stats either way to get the W. Much as Bison fans hate to admit it, Jackrabbits have been prime challenger for MVFC title this whole decade.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2019, 10:46 AM
Pretty much similar stats either way to get the W. Much as Bison fans hate to admit it, Jackrabbits have been prime challenger for MVFC title this whole decade.

Agreed, at least from 2012 on. Illinois St had a couple good years in '14 and '15 but SDSU has been by far the most consistent challenger to NDSU in the MVFC overall since 2011.

mvfcfan
October 21st, 2019, 10:55 AM
Jackrabbits by at least 2 possessions. This is their Superbowl and I fully expect them to win this game.

Bisonator
October 21st, 2019, 10:56 AM

I think Bison fans readily admit SDSU has been the second best team in the conference for awhile. Second best!:D

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2019, 11:04 AM
Jackrabbits by at least 2 possessions. This is their Superbowl and I fully expect them to win this game.
I wouldn't be surprised to see SDSU win but I'd be very surprised to see that kind of margin. I'd expect the wise guys to open NDSU as a 5-7 point favorites so you can make some good money off this game if you want to give it a shot.

Gil Dobie
October 21st, 2019, 11:09 AM

I don't think anyone hates to admit it or denies it, Jacks have been good.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2019, 11:23 AM
SDSU by 11, call your banker, call your broker, call the midnight toker and bet it all #BOOKIT

JacksFan40
October 21st, 2019, 11:46 AM
Either we win like in 2017 or we get blown out like last year in the semis. Hopefully it’s the first one.

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2019, 12:27 PM
Interesting poll results so far. Every non-Bison fan who has voted has picked the Jacks. Does that mean NDSU can use the "Nobody believes in us/us against the world" approach? :D

JimmyJack
October 21st, 2019, 12:58 PM
Interesting poll results so far. Every non-Bison fan who has voted has picked the Jacks. Does that mean NDSU can use the "Nobody believes in us/us against the world" approach? :D

I'd use whatever you've been using during the last decade. It works.

CappinHard
October 21st, 2019, 02:31 PM

Calling it our superbowl is a stretch. It's the Marker game. That's it. Considering we have back to back trips to the semifinals I would say the semifinals or any matchup with NDSU in the playoffs is our superbowl, until we get to the championship that is.

Bisonator
October 21st, 2019, 03:01 PM
Calling it our superbowl is a stretch. It's the Marker game. That's it. Considering we have back to back trips to the semifinals I would say the semifinals or any matchup with NDSU in the playoffs is our superbowl, until we get to the championship that is.
So your the Buffalo Bills or Minnesota Vikings of the FCS?xsmiley_wix

CappinHard
October 21st, 2019, 03:16 PM
So your the Buffalo Bills or Minnesota Vikings of the FCS?xsmiley_wix

Ugh... yes, so far... as a Vikings fan, I don't need this reminder.

IBleedYellow
October 21st, 2019, 03:21 PM
Will be very interesting to see how Stig handles the dog and pony show that is coming.

They haven't been great in big games in the past under his tenure. JMU semi-finals, damn near every Hobo day game they've played in, etc.

I'm banking on the experience of the Bison team in dealing with circuses like this.

uni88
October 21st, 2019, 03:25 PM
Will be very interesting to see how Stig handles the dog and pony show that is coming.

They haven't been great in big games in the past under his tenure. JMU semi-finals, damn near every Hobo day game they've played in, etc.

I'm banking on the experience of the Bison team with dealing with circuses like this.

That's why I picked the pubic hair covered bovines to win this one.

Bison56
October 21st, 2019, 03:25 PM
Ugh... yes, so far... as a Vikings fan, I don't need this reminder.

Here I thought you were a good dude then you went and said you were a viking fan.

CappinHard
October 21st, 2019, 03:33 PM
Here I thought you were a good dude then you went and said you were a viking fan.

What can I say... I'm just a glutton for punishment by teams that wear green and yellow.

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2019, 04:00 PM
NDSU opens as a 4.5 point road favorite on 5dimes with an O/U of 47 so the wise guys think it'll be a 26-21 type game. Massey predicts a 31-24 NDSU win and Sagarin favors NDSU by about 5.

CappinHard
October 21st, 2019, 04:20 PM
NDSU opens as a 4.5 point road favorite on 5dimes with an O/U of 47 so the wise guys think it'll be a 26-21 type game. Massey predicts a 31-24 NDSU win and Sagarin favors NDSU by about 5.

Interesting, I thought it would be 7.5 with how dominant NDSU has been this year. I suppose the performance against MSU tempered that a bit. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up around 7.

The Kicker
October 21st, 2019, 04:34 PM
With a loss could NDSU possibly end up as a 5 seed and have to win on the road for once in the playoffs and even have to possibly do it twice?

Seeds
1. SDSU
2. James Madison
3. Weber State
4. Kennesaw State/Villanova/NDSU

Big Sky has a bunch of contenders to be seeds 1-8 but if Weber State runs the table they are a lock for a top 4 seed. If SDSU and James Madison runs the table they would be locks for top 2 seeds. The forth seed could be interesting NDSU should be there but Villanova or another Big Sky team could make a case. Kennesaw shouldn't even be a top 8 seed but they will be high in the polls late in the year and have seen lots of bad teams get top seeds just because they have no FCS losses.

Still a long ways away from the playoffs but will be fun to see NDSU fans on edge if they drop this game.

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2019, 04:37 PM
With a loss could NDSU possibly end up as a 5 seed and have to win on the road for once in the playoffs and even have to possibly do it twice?

Seeds
1. SDSU
2. James Madison
3. Weber State
4. Kennesaw State/Villanova/NDSU

Big Sky has a bunch of contenders to be seeds 1-8 but if Weber State runs the table they are a lock for a top 4 seed. If SDSU and James Madison runs the table they would be locks for top 2 seeds. The forth seed could be interesting NDSU should be there but Villanova or another Big Sky team could make a case. Kennesaw shouldn't even be a top 8 seed but they will be high in the polls late in the year and have seen lots of bad teams get top seeds just because they have no FCS losses.

Still a long ways away from the playoffs but will be fun to see NDSU fans on edge if they drop this game.
NDSU at 11-1 would be a #4 seed at worst. They've strung together a series of impressive wins that Kennesaw and Nova couldn't touch. UNI, Illinois St, UC Davis, even Delaware and UND aren't bad. They'd need to drop 2 games in their last 5 to be any lower than #4 IMO.

Ivytalk
October 21st, 2019, 05:23 PM
I’ll pick NDSU by 7 or less. Ungulates over leporids.

Chalupa Batman
October 21st, 2019, 06:39 PM
Picking the Bison by a touchdown, although if the Jacks can avoid the slow starts they’ve been having this year this game really is a toss-up.

Excited to see the CGD atmosphere as well, hoping as many fans as possible from both teams show up! xdrunkyx

mmiller_34
October 21st, 2019, 07:39 PM
SDSU by 11, call your banker, call your broker, call the midnight toker and bet it all #BOOKIT

NDSU by 14. Easy pick. #BookIt

Derby City Duke
October 21st, 2019, 08:17 PM
NDSU by 13; crowd does Gameday right on Saturday morning.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2019, 06:43 AM
Roll call:

Which Jacks/Bison AGSers will be there?

Count me in!!!

Bison56
October 22nd, 2019, 06:46 AM

Ohhh we have 2 wizards casting spells, I guess we will see who is the most powerful after the game Saturday.

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2019, 06:55 AM
Roll call:

Count me in!!!
I was planning on skipping this year (have been to every Bison game in Brookings since 2009) but had to switch plans after the CGD announcement. So I'll be there +3.

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2019, 07:23 AM
Ohhh we have 2 wizards casting spells, I guess we will see who is the most powerful after the game Saturday.I am not casting a spell, I believe my prediction with my heart and soul.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2019, 07:27 AM
I am not casting a spell, I believe my prediction with my heart and soul.

You making the trip to Brookings?

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2019, 07:35 AM
You making the trip to Brookings?I thought about when I heard CGD was going to be there so I started looking for tickets, didn't really find any so I sort of backed off. I am kind of kicking myself now but it is what it is. We hit two road games this year, Twin Cities and Delaware so that will probably be it for this year.

Evolution Prime
October 22nd, 2019, 07:58 AM
Roll call:

Count me in!!!

I'm in. I'll be in the library lot.

IBleedYellow
October 22nd, 2019, 08:14 AM
I'm there with....I believe +11 right now. May go up, shouldn't go down.

BisonBacker
October 22nd, 2019, 08:37 AM

Get your own gig and stop riding others coattails. Pod already owns the bookit schtick.

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2019, 09:27 AM
Roll call:

Count me in!!!I'll see you there! xlolx

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

CappinHard
October 22nd, 2019, 10:35 AM
I'm in. I'll be in the library lot.

Same. Same.

RabidRabbit
October 22nd, 2019, 01:59 PM
See ya'll there! Need some place to camp out crawfish Etouffee & Rice, any volunteers? Bringing some Rabbithole Brewery Beers along from Justin, TX also.

IBleedYellow
October 22nd, 2019, 02:08 PM
Library lot > anywhere else; at least for SDSU tailgating.

Winterborn
October 22nd, 2019, 04:07 PM
Roll call:

Count me in!!!

Due to work making my schedule a mess and not knowing if I could attend or not, I did not get a ticket earlier this year. Going to have to watch it on TV. :(

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2019, 04:18 PM
Library lot it is.

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2019, 04:54 PM
Get your own gig and stop riding others coattails. Pod already owns the bookit schtick.

Ha! I’ve been trying to balance out his sandbagging/reverse psychology for YEARS!

Try again!!

Also, in my mind. There just is no way SDSU wins this game.

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2019, 04:56 PM
I am not casting a spell, I believe my prediction with my heart and soul.

As do I.

TennBison
October 22nd, 2019, 04:58 PM
Got a kick out of listening to Stig on the radio today. Telling SDSU players that ESPN was there because of them. ESPN is there because of the Bison make no mistake about it, the game just happens to be in SD. SDSU has done nothing that makes the rest of the country turn its TV channel to their games or even be aware of who they are without mistaking them for San Diego State Univ. Where if you mention NDSU football, people from all over the country are much more likely to have knowledge of the program. SDSU has some big time catching up to do before they can thump their chest thinking ESPN is there for them. Look at how powerful NDSU was as a draw for ESPN to come, we played Delaware State and Incarnate Word during the weeks they came to Fargo, and SDSU had to have NDSU show up for ESPN to even think of showing up in Brookings.

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2019, 05:04 PM
Got a kick out of listening to Stig on the radio today. Telling SDSU players that ESPN was there because of them. ESPN is there because of the Bison make no mistake about it, the game just happens to be in SD. SDSU has done nothing that makes the rest of the country turn its TV channel to their games or even be aware of who they are without mistaking them for San Diego State Univ. Where if you mention NDSU football, people from all over the country are much more likely to have knowledge of the program. SDSU has some big time catching up to do before they can thump their chest thinking ESPN is there for them. Look at how powerful NDSU was as a draw for ESPN to come, we played Delaware State and Incarnate Word during the weeks they came to Fargo, and SDSU had to have NDSU show up for ESPN to even think of showing up in Brookings.

If SDSU was 1-6 GameDay would not be coming to Brookings.

If SDSU was 7-0 and NDSU was 1-6 GameDay would also not be coming to Brookings.

Both teams and their successes and circumstances played a direct role in GameDay coming to Brookings this week. I do not understand how that is hard to see.

The two times CGD went to Fargo was absolutely to display NDSU. You are 100 percent correct on that. However, they only did it because they had the opportunity with ZERO good matchups those weeks. They were Week 3 and Week 4 games, the weeks that many FBS schools get a BYE between their conference and non-conference schedules. I’m not dogging the fact that NDSU hosted— it was really awesome when it happened but I’m also realistic in understanding how and why CGD went there. In reality, everything actually doesn’t revolve around the Bison.

Bisonator
October 22nd, 2019, 05:32 PM

Both teams and their successes and circumstances played a direct role in GameDay coming to Brookings this week. I do not understand how that is hard to see.

The two times CGD went to Fargo was absolutely to display NDSU. You are 100 percent correct on that. However, they only did it because they had the opportunity with ZERO good matchups those weeks. They were Week 3 and Week 4 games, the weeks that many FBS schools get a BYE between their conference and non-conference schedules. I’m not dogging the fact that NDSU hosted— it was really awesome when it happened but I’m also realistic in understanding how and why CGD went there. In reality, everything actually doesn’t revolve around the Bison.
Blasphemy! xrotatehx

I agree with you. The 2 schools have worked great together and I hope it continues. I think it's only been positive for both schools really. It's become a great game and soft rivalry, not too bitter and hated like our real rivals. That said GO BISON!!!!:D

Christiank22
October 22nd, 2019, 05:34 PM

If this was SDSU vs an undefeated UNI team do you think gameday would be there?

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2019, 05:48 PM
If this was SDSU vs an undefeated UNI team do you think gameday would be there?

Maybe? Idk. Probably not. But I don’t think CGD would likely not be going to Cedar Falls if NDSU was playing there either. If SDSU was undefeated and UNI was undefeated they would have both beat ranked FBS teams.

The Dakota Marker and the #3 vs #1 match up really amped up the chances whether you’re willing to admit that or not.

I also don’t think that CDG would have come this weekend if we didn’t build our new stadium either...

Bisonator
October 22nd, 2019, 05:55 PM
They wouldn't be coming if Wisco hadn't **** the bed last weekend either.

ming01
October 22nd, 2019, 06:00 PM
Watch out for SDSU fans jumping into knees and twisting ankles

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2019, 06:03 PM
They wouldn't be coming if Wisco hadn't **** the bed last weekend either.

This we can all agree on..

TennBison
October 22nd, 2019, 06:33 PM

I do believe that either Delaware State or Incarnate Word (one of them) had no wins when ESPN came to Fargo. So my whole point is still correct. If the Jacks were not playing the Bizon CGD would not be there, no matter who else the Jacks were playing. You have to have a storied program or won national championships for CGD to visit a FCS program. SDSU has neither of those. They are a fine program, but just have not been able to get over the hump and put it all together. The game should be tough, I predict a 3 point win to be the call for this game and it could go either way. I think it will be 27-24 Bizon.

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2019, 06:40 PM
I do believe that either Delaware State or Incarnate Word (one of them) had no wins when ESPN came to Fargo. So my whole point is still correct. If the Jacks were not playing the Bizon CGD would not be there, no matter who else the Jacks were playing. You have to have a storied program or won national championships for CGD to visit a FCS program. SDSU has neither of those. They are a fine program, but just have not been able to get over the hump and put it all together. The game should be tough, I predict a 3 point win to be the call for this game and it could go either way. I think it will be 27-24 Bizon.

Lol.

Also, it won’t be that close. NDSU 42-SDSU 10. #BookIt

Lorne_Malvo
October 22nd, 2019, 06:46 PM
Lol.

Also, it won’t be that close. NDSU 42-SDSU 10. #BookIt

So now you are just being a dick on purpose.

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2019, 07:01 PM
So now you are just being a dick on purpose.

I know all the games.

https://media.giphy.com/media/S6HEz4XChX8boa5uuo/giphy.gif

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2019, 07:31 PM
Ha! I’ve been trying to balance out his sandbagging/reverse psychology for YEARS!

Try again!!

Also, in my mind. There just is no way SDSU wins this game.It is not sandbagging, it is what I believe with every fiber of my mortal being. #BOOKIT

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2019, 07:37 PM
Maybe? Idk. Probably not. But I don’t think CGD would likely not be going to Cedar Falls if NDSU was playing there either. If SDSU was undefeated and UNI was undefeated they would have both beat ranked FBS teams.

The Dakota Marker and the #3 vs #1 match up really amped up the chances whether you’re willing to admit that or not.

I also don’t think that CDG would have come this weekend if we didn’t build our new stadium either...
If UNI was 6-1 with only an FBS loss, ranked 3rd in the FCS, and hosting the same NDSU team that SDSU is this week I think there's a very real chance Gameday would've gone there also with all the circumstances in the FBS being the same. Lee Fitting said in October 2017 that Gameday was planning to go to Youngstown in week 7 for a potential matchup of #2 NDSU vs #3 YSU but then YSU was upset by USD the week before and they changed plans. It was also reported by Fargo media that the NDSU/Delaware game in Newark week 3 of this season was on Gameday's radar but only if their top options fell through due to teams losing the week before (like what happened last Saturday).

I think it's silly to say NDSU was the only draw here but it's fair to say NDSU is what got this game on Gameday's radar and SDSU closed it with the success they've had so far this year and over the past few years. Regardless, it's a great thing for both schools.

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2019, 07:40 PM
If UNI was 6-1 with only an FBS loss, ranked 3rd in the FCS, and hosting the same NDSU team that SDSU is this week I think there's a very real chance Gameday would've gone there also with all the circumstances in the FBS being the same. Lee Fitting said in October 2017 that Gameday was planning to go to Youngstown in week 7 for a potential matchup of #2 NDSU vs #3 YSU but then YSU was upset by USD the week before and they changed plans. It was also reported by Fargo media that the NDSU/Delaware game in Newark week 3 of this season was on Gameday's radar but only if their top options fell through due to teams losing the week before (like what happened last Saturday).

I think it's silly to say NDSU was the only draw here but it's fair to say NDSU is what got this game on Gameday's radar and SDSU closed it with the success they've had so far this year and over the past few years. Regardless, it's a great thing for both schools.

Well said. Very reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2019, 07:49 PM
It is not sandbagging, it is what I believe with every fiber of my mortal being. #BOOKIT

I believe you.

I am in the same boat. I’ve been dreaming about this game since SDSU got beat last year. Every dream I have is of SDSU losing 42-17. I just only see that outcome #BookIt

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2019, 07:51 PM
It is not sandbagging, it is what I believe with every fiber of my mortal being. #BOOKIT

I believe you.

I am in the same boat. I’ve been dreaming about this game since SDSU got beat last year. Every dream I have is of SDSU losing 42-17. I just only see that outcome #BookIt

I smell a bet!

If NDSU wins than PODKnows needs to change his avatar to an NDSU one and if SDSU wins than mmiller needs to change his avatar to an SDSU and...
https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnmBR4c5HIbQlIQ/giphy.gif

NDSU1980
October 22nd, 2019, 08:00 PM
I won't be making the trip, I don't have a sub at the Post Office right now, so I have to share with the other carrier and it's his Sat off. Besides, I'm hoping to get in some soybean combining Sat afternoon too.

So, I guess the Bison have to win without me there. I say Bison 31, Rabbits 17.

Derby City Duke
October 22nd, 2019, 08:21 PM

When CGD came to JMU for the first time in 2015, the Dukes were 11 years removed from their only (at that time) national championship. UR was 5-1 and ranked #11; we were 7-0 and ranked #3/4. It's a combination of FCS teams with attractive records and no FBS games with overly compelling storylines. If Wisconsin doesn't incomprehensively choke against Illinois last weekend, make no mistake, CGD is at the Horseshoe in O-H-N-O on Saturday.

That said, I'm stoked that CGD is in Brookings for what I hope is a great scene from the fans of both schools!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2019, 08:36 PM
When CGD came to JMU for the first time in 2015, the Dukes were 11 years removed from their only (at that time) national championship. UR was 5-1 and ranked #11; we were 7-0 and ranked #3/4. It's a combination of FCS teams with attractive records and no FBS games with overly compelling storylines. If Wisconsin doesn't incomprehensively choke against Illinois last weekend, make no mistake, CGD is at the Horseshoe in O-H-N-O on Saturday.

That said, I'm stoked that CGD is in Brookings for what I hope is a great scene from the fans of both schools!

JMU alum Lindsay Czarniak was one of ESPN's most popular personalities at that time too. I've always thought that contributed. She was a prominent figure all weekend long.

I stopped that Friday for a little bit on my back from the East Carolina-Temple game that was played Thursday night in Greenville. JMU's bucolic campus and the Shenandoah Valley made for such an awesome setting. I'm interested to see how SDSU/Brookings plays on TV.

Derby City Duke
October 22nd, 2019, 08:43 PM
JMU alum Lindsay Czarniak was one of ESPN's most popular personalities at that time too. I've always thought that contributed. She was a prominent figure all weekend long.

I stopped that Friday for a little bit on my back from the East Carolina-Temple game that was played Thursday night in Greenville. JMU's bucolic campus and the Shenandoah Valley made for such an awesome setting. I'm interested to see how SDSU/Brookings plays on TV.

Also didn't hurt that Lee Fitting is a JMU alum...xthumbsupx

And yes, JMU has one of the most beautiful campuses I've ever been on.

Theee Catrabbit
October 22nd, 2019, 09:40 PM
I'm interested to see how SDSU/Brookings plays on TV.

We got a Starbucks.....so BIG TIME!xnodx

The view with the Campanile behind should be really good. We have so so many new facilities it's crazy whenever I walk on campus(I grew up in Brookings, so I've seen all the changes, or lack of, for 4 decades) They definitely chose one of the widest biggest open areas they could. I'm taking my son early, who maybe doesn't care or remember Gameday that much because we cut the cord about 4 years ago, I just think it's a bucket list item that probably wont come around again for a long time.

And to discuss the whole "If NDSU wasnt coming then...." argument. Right away when I heard the announcement, I instantly knew the chest thumpers would be out. Cant we just go off the fact that the two Universities have again worked together to do something awesome? Whenever something like this happens, I think back to the start of the whole jump to D1. People were angry, mad naysayers....I sat back and said "Why not?" Since then the results for both Universities since the move have been simply amazing! So just enjoy it and put your dicks back in your pants, nobody asked to measure them.

dewey
October 22nd, 2019, 10:19 PM
And to discuss the whole "If NDSU wasnt coming then...." argument. Right away when I heard the announcement, I instantly knew the chest thumpers would be out. Cant we just go off the fact that the two Universities have again worked together to do something awesome? Whenever something like this happens, I think back to the start of the whole jump to D1. People were angry, mad naysayers....I sat back and said "Why not?" Since then the results for both Universities since the move have been simply amazing! So just enjoy it and put your dicks back in your pants, nobody asked to measure them.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191023/a863599f4459f727503dc0ef68ff4e16.gif

You God dam right! As far as I am concerned SDSU is a respected rival where as that school downstream of NDSU is not.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Bison56
October 23rd, 2019, 06:26 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191023/a863599f4459f727503dc0ef68ff4e16.gif

You God dam right! As far as I am concerned SDSU is a respected rival where as that school downstream of NDSU is not.

Go Bison!

Dewey

I second this.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 23rd, 2019, 06:31 AM
Pretty easy:

Weaker FBS slate.....FBS fans can blame the Badgers
Great rivalry
Long winning streak
Both teams are very good

This game is going to come down to a mistake or two by either team. Should be a hard hitting game and I'm looking forward to it.

Bison56
October 23rd, 2019, 06:32 AM
We got a Starbucks.....so BIG TIME!xnodx

The view with the Campanile behind should be really good. We have so so many new facilities it's crazy whenever I walk on campus(I grew up in Brookings, so I've seen all the changes, or lack of, for 4 decades) They definitely chose one of the widest biggest open areas they could. I'm taking my son early, who maybe doesn't care or remember Gameday that much because we cut the cord about 4 years ago, I just think it's a bucket list item that probably wont come around again for a long time.

https://socialscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/teaching-digital-marketing-measurement-meme.jpg

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2019, 06:50 AM
I second this.
Second second

dewey
October 23rd, 2019, 07:25 AM
I feel pretty safe assuming that SDSU feels the same way about USeD as we Bison fans feel about GFCC.

Saturday will be a lot of fun.

Dewey

RabidRabbit
October 23rd, 2019, 07:30 AM
FIFY

Blasphemy! xrotatehx

I agree with you. The 2 schools have worked great together and I hope it continues. I think it's only been positive for both schools really. It's become a great game and soft rivalry, not too bitter and hated like our U rivals. That said GO BISON!!!!:D

IIRC, neither U school has beaten their State counterpart since the move to D-1. What rivalry?

Dakota Marker has become THE regular season game for both these Dakota State teams. While nobody has been in NDSU stratosphere this decade (F'ng Bison :p ), Jacks have been the one constant challenging game for the Bison. Jacks have become the #2 team this decade (100 straight weeks in top 25, only behind NDSU's 128). This game day broadcast from Brookings will hopefully be chalked full of these tidbits.

TheKingpin28
October 23rd, 2019, 07:56 AM
FIFY

IIRC, neither U school has beaten their State counterpart since the move to D-1. What rivalry?

Dakota Marker has become THE regular season game for both these Dakota State teams. While nobody has been in NDSU stratosphere this decade (F'ng Bison [emoji14] ), Jacks have been the one constant challenging game for the Bison. Jacks have become the #2 team this decade (100 straight weeks in top 25, only behind NDSU's 128). This game day broadcast from Brookings will hopefully be chalked full of these tidbits."If you're not first, you're last!" xlolx

#ShakeAndBake

I detest the bunnies but I respect them, unlike GFCC, I detest them and have no respect for them.

Redbird 4th & short
October 23rd, 2019, 09:42 AM
SDSU knows how to prepare for NDSU better than any other team, and is top 3 in FCS when it comes to reloading. But NDSU seems to have reloaded really well this year and hit their stride earlier than most of us expected given the lost the 2nd most starters in all of FCS ... 2nd from bottom to LIU !!

For this reason and probably also because we're still hurting from the beating my ISUr took, I picked NDSU .. but if anyone can "upset" them, it is SDSU. Plus I think NDSU FR QB is more ready for big game like this than SDSU FR QB .. picking NDSU to win a competitive game.

NEBison
October 23rd, 2019, 11:29 AM
I was planning on skipping this year (have been to every Bison game in Brookings since 2009) but had to switch plans after the CGD announcement. So I'll be there +3.

Coming up from Omaha. I had tickets before the season so the gameday thing worked out nice.

Jacks02
October 23rd, 2019, 03:17 PM
SDSU hype video for the game.

https://twitter.com/Keanu_Phwhatevs/status/1186073205301268480

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 23rd, 2019, 03:33 PM
Have they started to set up for Game Day?

Derby City Duke
October 23rd, 2019, 04:06 PM
Have they started to set up for Game Day?

Production trucks should've rolled in late Monday or early Tuesday. Everything will be ready for the College Football Preview show on Friday afternoon. The big orange CGD bus shows up on Thursday evening. We probably had 2,000 students show up for the bus arrival! Our students started camping out Friday, after the College Football Live broadcast, so they could get their spots on Saturday morning.

Lorne_Malvo
October 23rd, 2019, 04:52 PM
Trucks rolled into town, not a single fan greeted them. Kind of sad.

mmiller_34
October 23rd, 2019, 07:52 PM
Trucks rolled into town, not a single fan greeted them. Kind of sad

https://media.giphy.com/media/TdEjDUJk76OC4/giphy.gif

uni88
October 23rd, 2019, 08:27 PM
Trucks rolled into town, not a single fan greeted them. Kind of sad.So what's your measurement?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lorne_Malvo
October 23rd, 2019, 09:07 PM
So what's your measurement?

Gee, I wonder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvmA8yt4oxA

Derby City Duke
October 23rd, 2019, 09:11 PM
Gee, I wonder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvmA8yt4oxA

That bus won't get to Brookings until tomorrow night. Nobody meets the production trucks when arrive at the beginning of the week except the Media Relations guys who film it for later use and the ground maintenance crew who lay out the plywood to protect the grass. We had about 1,000 - 1,500 students meet the bus both times we had CGD.

uni88
October 23rd, 2019, 10:57 PM
That bus won't get to Brookings until tomorrow night. Nobody meets the production trucks when arrive at the beginning of the week except the Media Relations guys who film it for later use and the ground maintenance crew who lay out the plywood to protect the grass. We had about 1,000 - 1,500 students meet the bus both times we had CGD.

Shhh, don't burst the bubble.

AKC_NDSU
October 24th, 2019, 12:07 AM
Were driving down Thursday after work & meeting my brother who lives in Brookings. We don't have tickets but were going to GAMEDAY anyways. Can't wait for this Saturday!

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2019, 04:46 AM
I’ve never seen this much excitement for a SDSU sports event, including the SLT. The schools different academic departments are even on board and promoting this. I honestly am expecting SLT type turnout for Jacks fans with this. Should make for a badass atmosphere with all the ndsu fans coming down.

Which makes this game massively important for the program. A win here can move our progress with growing attendance light years ahead of where it is. Even with a loss it should help some, but there will still be the “they’re good but they’ll lose to ndsu” sentiment among many. A win while this many people are paying attention like this will be massive. I’m torn between feeling like this game is shaping up similar to 07 because of the general air of superiority ndsu fans in general have about this game, or feeling its like the game where the zenner was born. That was the last Marker Game where I felt there was a monster chance to gain momentum in the fan base. It went poorly.

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2019, 05:02 AM
I won’t be at the game this weekend fellas. I’ll be in San Antonio helping my dad recover from a major seizure, which blows pretty hard. That said, I’m far happier I’ll get to watch another Marker Game with the old man, which is a bigger blessing for me this week than anything football could ever be. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191024/88984daacd26ef1d64f372b1cf263923.jpg

mmiller_34
October 24th, 2019, 05:18 AM
I won’t be at the game this weekend fellas. I’ll be in San Antonio helping my dad recover from a major seizure, which blows pretty hard. That said, I’m far happier I’ll get to watch another Marker Game with the old man, which is a bigger blessing for me this week than anything football could ever be. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191024/88984daacd26ef1d64f372b1cf263923.jpg

Sorry to hear about your dad Thump. Family first! Hope he makes a speedy and health recovery!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2019, 06:12 AM
Thumper: Hope your pops recovers to 100%....xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
October 24th, 2019, 06:12 AM
I won’t be at the game this weekend fellas. I’ll be in San Antonio helping my dad recover from a major seizure, which blows pretty hard. That said, I’m far happier I’ll get to watch another Marker Game with the old man, which is a bigger blessing for me this week than anything football could ever be. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191024/88984daacd26ef1d64f372b1cf263923.jpgGo take care of your dad. Was a pleasure to meet him during that Marker game.

POD Knows
October 24th, 2019, 06:18 AM
I won’t be at the game this weekend fellas. I’ll be in San Antonio helping my dad recover from a major seizure, which blows pretty hard. That said, I’m far happier I’ll get to watch another Marker Game with the old man, which is a bigger blessing for me this week than anything football could ever be. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191024/88984daacd26ef1d64f372b1cf263923.jpgThumper, sorry to hear about you dad. Here is hoping for a full recovery. Give him our best.

dewey
October 24th, 2019, 07:05 AM

I hope your dad gets better Thumper. Enjoy your time with him.

Dewey

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2019, 07:09 AM
Thanks y’all. Don’t want to put a damper on the fun of the week, but I figured I owe everyone an explanation after inviting everyone to the tailgate and then not showing up. Recovery is going well, but ma might make him stop doing bench press competitions xlolx

Bisonator
October 24th, 2019, 07:39 AM
Sorry to hear about your dad Thumper. Best of luck to him on his recovery!

I won't be attending either, too much harvest left and not enough nice weather. Oh well I'll be watching. Go Bison!

Derby City Duke
October 24th, 2019, 07:56 AM
Sucks to hear about your dad. Wishing him a speedy and complete recovery!

BigGoosie13
October 24th, 2019, 09:48 AM
Here is the Campanile webcam of the GameDay Stage area...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYk0wFGwiA&feature=youtu.be

CappinHard
October 24th, 2019, 10:22 AM
Trucks rolled into town, not a single fan greeted them. Kind of sad.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Pgy4Na8aRyBuE/giphy.gif

CappinHard
October 24th, 2019, 10:23 AM
I’ve never seen this much excitement for a SDSU sports event, including the SLT. The schools different academic departments are even on board and promoting this. I honestly am expecting SLT type turnout for Jacks fans with this. Should make for a badass atmosphere with all the ndsu fans coming down.

Which makes this game massively important for the program. A win here can move our progress with growing attendance light years ahead of where it is. Even with a loss it should help some, but there will still be the “they’re good but they’ll lose to ndsu” sentiment among many. A win while this many people are paying attention like this will be massive. I’m torn between feeling like this game is shaping up similar to 07 because of the general air of superiority ndsu fans in general have about this game, or feeling its like the game where the zenner was born. That was the last Marker Game where I felt there was a monster chance to gain momentum in the fan base. It went poorly.

This. All of this.

IBleedYellow
October 24th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Good thing your pa is an old ornery bastard. Glad to hear that everything is working out.

PS: I think your ma might be right.

Lorne_Malvo
October 24th, 2019, 02:26 PM
Prayers for your pops Thump. Hope he gets better.
Oh and get your dirty paws off our rock! :)

Hammerhead
October 24th, 2019, 11:14 PM
No tickets for the game, but Mrs. Hammerhead and I are driving down to see College Gameday.
Roll call:

Count me in!!!

- - - Updated - - -

No tickets for the game, but Mrs. Hammerhead and I are driving down to see College Gameday.
Roll call:

Count me in!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 25th, 2019, 06:13 AM
With SDSU running a similar defense as the Bison, hopefully the TEs will be utilized more in this game for the Bison. TL missed open TEs in the middle of the field in the MSU game.

NDSU: bring pressure to Gibbs and make him make mistakes. Probably the same game plan for SDSU also with TL.

Teams are pretty even so it will come down to special teams and turnovers.

IBleedYellow
October 25th, 2019, 09:13 AM
I have two tickets in section #120 up for sale.

$200 for the pair to Bison fans. $400 to Jack's fans.

Section 120, Row 28 Seats 4 and 5.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 25th, 2019, 10:09 AM
I have two tickets in section #120 up for sale.

$200 for the pair to Bison fans. $400 to Jack's fans.

Section 120, Row 28 Seats 4 and 5.

Not making the game?

Jacks02
October 25th, 2019, 12:53 PM
Dakota Marker Gameday hype video!

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/1187768468218605568

Bisonoline
October 25th, 2019, 01:15 PM

Sorry to hear this. Your dad is the real deal IMO and wish him all the best in a speedy recovery.

Herdistheword
October 25th, 2019, 01:22 PM
Dakota Marker Gameday hype video!

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/1187768468218605568

A video just under 2 mins and surprisingly they almost found a whole minute of SDSU highlights. It was gross to watch, but thankfully the pain didn’t last too long.

Herdistheword
October 25th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Not sure if this was posted previously, but SDSU Barstool twitter has had some pretty good sign submissions.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HobosBarstool/status/1186337963120173056

TennBison
October 25th, 2019, 04:40 PM
Not sure if this was posted previously, but SDSU Barstool twitter has had some pretty good sign submissions.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HobosBarstool/status/1186337963120173056
The reply to any SDSU attempt at smack in their signs should be one of two things. First, a picture of all the NDSU National Championship trophies from both Div II and Div I. Or second, a picture of their coaches car in the ditch.

mmiller_34
October 25th, 2019, 04:47 PM
The reply to any SDSU attempt at smack in their signs should be one of two things. First, a picture of all the NDSU National Championship trophies from both Div II and Div I. Or second, a picture of their coaches car in the ditch.

Yeah but both of those are so played already. Find something new or else it just comes off as lazy.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/aeu60CPZd8zw4/giphy.gif

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2019, 04:54 PM
Saw Desmond Howard this morning on ESPN. He looked like he was enjoying Brookings "balmy" weather...lol

Professor Chaos
October 25th, 2019, 05:48 PM
With a good chunk of fans from both side there I hope Corso pulls the ol' okie-doke on the headgear pick. As in he grabs the mascot head of the team he's not going to pick and then as he moves it up to his head he tosses it aside and grabs the other mascot head. I won't even be mad if he picks SDSU doing that.

jacksfan29!
October 25th, 2019, 05:49 PM
Saw Desmond Howard this morning on ESPN. He looked like he was enjoying Brookings "balmy" weather...lol

He grew up in Cleveland and went to school in Ann Arbor, I think he can handle October weather in South Dakota. January? Maybe not.

Professor Chaos
October 25th, 2019, 06:01 PM
He grew up in Cleveland and went to school in Ann Arbor, I think he can handle October weather in South Dakota. January? Maybe not.

As I recall he dressed the warmest of any of the guys on set when they were in Fargo and the temp was in the 40s in the early morning.

mmiller_34
October 25th, 2019, 07:34 PM
Bison fans just outright embarrassing themselves now. It’s pretty amusing to see how much attention they feel they need.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191026/4b87ff70dd9a8ec19d64c814b07e99f0.jpg

mvfcfan
October 25th, 2019, 07:45 PM
I often wonder how many of their "fans" are actually fans. If NDSU started losing I think a lot of them would jump on a different bandwagon.

Unfortunately this happens to every program that has a lot of success over time. You get arrogant bandwagoners that like to boost their own egos and then once that program starts to slip they're on to the latest great thing.

I try to not judge NDSU and their fan base too much, because I get that a lot of these people are not really their true die hard fans, but regardless I do get tired of the arrogance from these bandwagoners which is why I usually root against them in the playoffs. Unfortunately programs like App State and GA Southern that would have really challenged them moved on.

Bison56
October 25th, 2019, 07:51 PM
I often wonder how many of their "fans" are actually fans. If NDSU started losing I think a lot of them would jump on a different bandwagon.

Unfortunately this happens to every program that has a lot of success over time. You get arrogant bandwagoners that like to boost their own egos and then once that program starts to slip they're on to the latest great thing.

I try to not judge NDSU and their fan base too much, but I do get tired of the arrogance which is why I usually root against them in the playoffs. Unfortunately programs like App State and GA Southern that would have really challenged them moved on.

The thud of everyone jumping off the bandwagon would be felt worldwide.

Christiank22
October 25th, 2019, 08:13 PM
Bison fans just outright embarrassing themselves now. It’s pretty amusing to see how much attention they feel they need.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191026/4b87ff70dd9a8ec19d64c814b07e99f0.jpg

Yes let’s judge a fan base on a Facebook? YouTube? Whatever live video... good lord lmao

Preferred Walk-On
October 25th, 2019, 08:18 PM

^^^^This. And best wishes Thumper.

mmiller_34
October 25th, 2019, 08:19 PM
Yes let’s judge a fan base on a Facebook? YouTube? Whatever live video... good lord lmao

Say what you want.. but it’s still Bison fans doing it and it still is embarrassing. 😂

There are plenty of Bison fans that don’t act like that. However, it seems like the majority this week have been the more arrogant ones who need attention.

Christiank22
October 25th, 2019, 08:27 PM
Say what you want.. but it’s still Bison fans doing it and it still is embarrassing. [emoji23]

There are plenty of Bison fans that don’t act like that. However, it seems like the majority this week have been the more arrogant ones who need attention.

Probably more noticeable because of all the extra attention in general

Lorne_Malvo
October 25th, 2019, 09:02 PM
Say what you want.. but it’s still Bison fans doing it and it still is embarrassing. 

Do you want to see embarrassing?

https://twitter.com/gracet157/status/1187217360475869184?s=09

mmiller_34
October 25th, 2019, 09:15 PM

Not sure if that’s worse or not. But since we’re on this topic let’s talk about what is worse:

https://youtu.be/pVENWl8uBeg

Or this is also really embarrassing:

https://youtu.be/yGUSl6BhRpI

Lorne_Malvo
October 25th, 2019, 09:30 PM
Not sure if that’s worse or not. But since we’re on this topic let’s talk about what is worse:

https://youtu.be/pVENWl8uBeg

Or this is also really embarrassing:

https://youtu.be/yGUSl6BhRpI

Jack Attack tho......

http://stmedia.stimg.co/1jerk121314.jpg

TennBison
October 25th, 2019, 09:36 PM
Yeah but both of those are so played already. Find something new or else it just comes off as lazy.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/aeu60CPZd8zw4/giphy.gif

If you consider being played as boring or anything like that (lazy), I will take being the defending national champions every year.

mmiller_34
October 25th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Jack Attack tho......

http://stmedia.stimg.co/1jerk121314.jpg

That is no joke. You shouldn’t do that and drive.

jacksfan29!
October 25th, 2019, 10:26 PM

She’s in college, it is to be expected. The adult Bison fans... lets just say Lakes and his alter ego El Chapo aren’t the only morons.

uni88
October 25th, 2019, 10:37 PM
Yes let’s judge a fan base on a Facebook? YouTube? Whatever live video... good lord lmaoKind of like judging a fanbase based on people not showing up to wave at some trucks/buses coming into town?

Christiank22
October 25th, 2019, 10:37 PM
Kind of like judging a fanbase based on people not showing up to wave at some trucks/buses coming into town?

Yes that was totally me, good observation

mmiller_34
October 25th, 2019, 10:45 PM
Kind of like judging a fanbase based on people not showing up to wave at some trucks/buses coming into town?

https://media.tenor.com/images/e98f29fa9b1d7521f953ac8e9ff61015/tenor.gif

Tazman2664
October 25th, 2019, 11:07 PM
Well. from where I am sitting. Both sides are the same. SDSU fans are not better than NDSU fans. People act stupid because, well because that is who they are. SDSU doesn't like NDSU because every year they take a back seat to NDSU and NDSU thinks they are above SDSU because every year they take a back seat to NDSU. SDSU will always struggle with this until they win the title 5 or 6 years in a row and that isn't likely to happen. From my seat, SDSU will not advance until they get a new coach. Yes he is a winning coach, won way more than he has lost but he continues to loose to NDSU so he will continue to take a back seat to them. They need a new coach who can beat them and until that happens nothing will change in this rivalry. Sure a win here or there is fine but until he can continue to beat them on a regular basis the back seat view will be what they see. NDSU has won way more titles than SDSU (which has not won one yet) so SDSU needs to accept the back seat until that changes.

dewey
October 26th, 2019, 12:37 AM
Gameday!

My prediction FWIW.
NDSU 28
SDSU 20

Go Bison!

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191026/4083453741911ef8521fb83d165dec47.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191026/3dfb973d6c63414f12fc90d0f2a99050.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
October 26th, 2019, 12:43 AM

Damn you’re a witty dude.

Thumper 76
October 26th, 2019, 12:48 AM
Yes that was totally me, good observation

Ndsu fans act like arrogant asses all over the internet 99% of the time and to act as if it’s otherwise is just straight lying to yourself. So yeah, you deserve some crap for it as a fan base with how much you guys revel in it xpeacex

Tazman2664
October 26th, 2019, 01:12 AM
Really, arrogant assess? Just who is arrogant to clam someone else is arrogant? I do not believe I am arrogant and to say I am lying about it is arrogant. To say 99% of the fan base is arrogant is another arrogant statement. Thus, the light is shining very bright right now. To be honest, this sounds like someone who is having a very difficult with the 7 more FCS national titles NDSU has than SDSU. I will now be arrogant, the 7 is just the FCS titles, I am not counting the Division II titles NDSU has over SDSU. I have forgotten, just how many Division II titles does SDSU have? Sorry, I don't like talking like this but that post is just out there and it brings it out of me. I was trying to be cordial but someone is not replying as such. I do respect SDSU and USD, but that post was too arrogant to let it go.

mvfcfan
October 26th, 2019, 03:37 AM
No one cares about Division 2. I've never heard anyone beat their chest about D2, but there's a first for everything.

WeAreThePride
October 26th, 2019, 04:56 AM
No one cares about Division 2. I've never heard anyone beat their chest about D2, but there's a first for everything.
I’ll let you in on a little secret.

Folks in FBS don’t care about FCS either.

Thumper 76
October 26th, 2019, 05:21 AM
Really, arrogant assess? Just who is arrogant to clam someone else is arrogant? I do not believe I am arrogant and to say I am lying about it is arrogant. To say 99% of the fan base is arrogant is another arrogant statement. Thus, the light is shining very bright right now. To be honest, this sounds like someone who is having a very difficult with the 7 more FCS national titles NDSU has than SDSU. I will now be arrogant, the 7 is just the FCS titles, I am not counting the Division II titles NDSU has over SDSU. I have forgotten, just how many Division II titles does SDSU have? Sorry, I don't like talking like this but that post is just out there and it brings it out of me. I was trying to be cordial but someone is not replying as such. I do respect SDSU and USD, but that post was too arrogant to let it go.

I call em as I see em. Don’t worry, us SDSU fans aren’t very great either online. I’m no angel on here or anywhere on the internet. In person is a different story, but if you can’t see what your fanbase has as a image online then I can’t help ya. Outside of a few small pockets (like the ndsu folks on here) there is an overwhelming majority of ndsu fans that are that way (on the internet). And hell, your squad has earned the ability to do that. But if you can’t see that you’ve got some pretty thick

Thanks for stopping by for your two posts. Stick around and maybe you’ll enjoy yourself. Don’t be so damn sensitive xlolx

Herder
October 26th, 2019, 05:46 AM
Ndsu fans act like arrogant asses all over the internet 99% of the time and to act as if it’s otherwise is just straight lying to yourself. So yeah, you deserve some crap for it as a fan base with how much you guys revel in it xpeacex

Hey Thumper, I just appreciate the opportunity that SDSU is giving us to come down and play you guys in your shiny new stadium and interact with your great fan base, and experience Gameday which your team has earned. If NDSU is fortunate and lucky enough to win the game, I apologize, cause you are the better team and deserve to win.

Thumper 76
October 26th, 2019, 05:56 AM
Hey Thumper, I just appreciate the opportunity that SDSU is giving us to come down and play you guys in your shiny new stadium and interact with your great fan base, and experience Gameday which your team has earned. If NDSU is fortunate and lucky enough to win the game, I apologize, cause you are the better team and deserve to win.

xeyerollx xeyerollx xeyerollx

Herder
October 26th, 2019, 06:32 AM

I try to not judge NDSU and their fan base too much, because I get that a lot of these people are not really their true die hard fans, but regardless I do get tired of the arrogance from these bandwagoners which is why I usually root against them in the playoffs. Unfortunately programs like App State and GA Southern that would have really challenged them moved on.

just the Facts:
App 3 Titles 2005-07, NDSU not eligible
NDSU first 3 titles 2011-13, APP & GASo, Fully Eligible

Thumper 76
October 26th, 2019, 06:48 AM
just the Facts:
App 3 Titles 2005-07, NDSU not eligible
NDSU first 3 titles 2011-13, APP & GASo, Fully Eligible

Yeah arguing the GSU/App St thing is just silly IMO. Ndsu would have had the same success.

dewey
October 26th, 2019, 07:52 AM

Not all NDSU fans my friend.....but there is enough.

For everyone in Brookings have a blast seeing ESPN College Gameday.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Thumper 76
October 26th, 2019, 07:54 AM
Not all NDSU fans my friend.

Dewey

Fair enough. I should edit that post to clarify overall. Roughly 88% by my numbers that I just made up right now. xlolx

Gil Dobie
October 26th, 2019, 08:02 AM
Good luck Jack's, may the best team win. Still hoping this rock thing turns into a good rivalry.

Herdistheword
October 26th, 2019, 08:20 AM
Fan pissing match aside, it looks like a good turnout for SDSU. Maybe this will inspire the guys to go to a few new places. I’m pretty sure they enjoyed their time in Fargo and last year, Washington State. The crowds always feel more electric at new places.

Bison56
October 26th, 2019, 08:21 AM

How many holes did you punch in the wall while you typed this?

Christiank22
October 26th, 2019, 08:26 AM
This is not a good look for FCS football... the signs resemble a high school homecoming and the crowd is small...

mmiller_34
October 26th, 2019, 08:28 AM
This is not a good look for FCS football... the signs resemble a high school homecoming and the crowd is small...

Take off your Bison glasses.

The crowd is good and the signs are on par with College GameDay standards.

Your disdain for having SDSU hosting CGD is very clear. That said, Bison by 30 today. #BookIt

CappinHard
October 26th, 2019, 08:29 AM

Wut?

Christiank22
October 26th, 2019, 08:31 AM
Take off your Bison glasses.

The crowd is good and the signs are on par with College GameDay standards.

I just turned it on so maybe it’s just the shots I’ve seen. But that shot of the band made the crowd look like 250-300 people.

Take your bunny glasses off bud.

As far as the signs go... well that’s all subjective I suppose.

Edit: these shots were much better!

Herdistheword
October 26th, 2019, 08:34 AM

Are there two different Gamedays going on? The one I’m seeing looks good. ESPN knows how to manipulate camera angles, so it is difficult to judge size, but the signs and crowd noise seem on par to me.

Christiank22
October 26th, 2019, 08:35 AM
Are there two different Gamedays going on? The one I’m seeing looks good. ESPN knows how to manipulate camera angles, so it is difficult to judge size, but the signs and crowd noise seem on par to me.

See my comment above.

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 08:37 AM
SDSU 28 NDSU 17 Going to a viewing party in Fargo, going to eat pizza and stand in the SE corner of the room, it won't matter, SDSU gets up early and holds on, bet the farm, bet the wife and kids, mortgage your soul, this is a lock #BOOKIT

dewey
October 26th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Fair enough. I should edit that post to clarify overall. Roughly 88% by my numbers that I just made up right now. xlolx

Not enough decimal places for my liking:D

Dewey

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 08:40 AM
Somebody that is at the CGD site, please run over to that freaking Michigan sign, tear it down, get it out of my line of sight. If you do that, PM me on here, it is worth $50 to you if you get it done.

LehighU11
October 26th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Great showing by SDSU. The Gameday crowd, campus, and stadium look fantastic and represent FCS very well. Go Jacks!

Gil Dobie
October 26th, 2019, 08:46 AM
31-20 Bison win

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2019, 08:47 AM
Great showing by SDSU. The Gameday crowd, campus, and stadium look fantastic and represent FCS very well. Go Jacks!

I agree! SDSU is aquainting themselves well!

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 08:50 AM
"Home of the dominant and territory of the possible"

Christiank22
October 26th, 2019, 08:51 AM
"Home of the dominant and territory of the possible"

Accurate! I wonder how they’ll describe South Dakota

:)

Drblankstare
October 26th, 2019, 08:52 AM
Crowd looks good to me and they sound fired up. The signs are bad, there always bad. maybe 1 out of 100 is ever actually clever.

Christiank22
October 26th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Rumor has it Stig can’t operate anything over 50cc for “reasons”

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 08:56 AM
Accurate! I wonder how they’ll describe South Dakota

:)
SDSU is the home of the possible

KPSUL
October 26th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Very good Gameday show so far - more coverage of the teams, the region and schools than I expected. SDSU deserves the positive exposure - congratulations to the Jacks!

RowdyRabbit
October 26th, 2019, 08:58 AM
Standing here repping the AGS flag with Ibleedyellow. Whuzzupp!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2019, 09:00 AM
Here's Stigger!!!

TennBison
October 26th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Gotta wonder why they would cheer for the fact that this is the first ever sellout for SDSU. Pretty embarrassing actually.

Laker
October 26th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Is South Dakota or North Dakota the state with the most blondes per capita? I'd like to do some in-person research.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1188062550161682432/ZlJ9NzfS?format=jpg&name=900x900

Christiank22
October 26th, 2019, 09:05 AM
Gotta wonder why they would cheer for the fact that this is the first ever sellout for SDSU. Pretty embarrassing actually.

Right hahahaha that made me laugh. Also Stigs description of the rivalry made it feel very underwhelming

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2019, 09:06 AM
South Dakota cold and boring venmo? I'd go try to find that guy and put an end to that sign. Haha

Gil Dobie
October 26th, 2019, 09:07 AM
Jacks fans are putting on a great show.

Christiank22
South Dakota cold and boring venmo? I'd go try to find that guy and put an end to that sign. Haha

Especially since it isn’t even that cold!

BisonFan02
Bison fans talking about attendance....we might wanna keep our mouths shut because we're not exactly filling the dome anymore. You guys are starting to come off as twats. xlolx

Christiank22
October 26th, 2019, 09:11 AM
Bison fans talking about attendance....we might wanna keep our mouths shut because we're not exactly filling the dome anymore. You guys are starting to come off as twats. xlolx

Don’t be so soft lol it’s a damn rivalry game

TennBison
October 26th, 2019, 09:14 AM
Jacks fans are putting on a great show.
They are not jack fans, remember how Stig stated that USD fans were going to be making the trip to Brookings and dressing up in Jacks colors to show support. And if memory serves me right, he did state that LOTS of them would be doing it.

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2019, 09:14 AM
Don’t be so soft lol it’s a damn rivalry game

At least be creative with smack....there's a proper finesse. xlolx

Herdistheword
October 26th, 2019, 09:18 AM
They are actually giving the Dakota schools a lot of air time.

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 09:22 AM
"Holy Nutmeg"

Christiank22
October 26th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Stig is the most Dakotan guy ever. Super nice and a DUI... I know so many of those in my hometown haha

Christiank22
October 26th, 2019, 09:35 AM
Not gonna lie, an All-FCS NFL team is probably better than the All-FBS NFL team

Thumper 76
October 26th, 2019, 09:42 AM
Is South Dakota or North Dakota the state with the most blondes per capita? I'd like to do some in-person research.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1188062550161682432/ZlJ9NzfS?format=jpg&name=900x900
xlolx it’s SD hands down. At least around Brookings the number of blondes is ridiculous.

Stig is the most Dakotan guy ever. Super nice and a DUI... I know so many of those in my hometown haha

xlolx I mean, god if that ain’t the truth tho xlolx

Bison56
October 26th, 2019, 09:47 AM

100% truth, just thinking about it I may know more people who have had a DUI than dont.xlolx

Prime Power
October 26th, 2019, 09:50 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about, the crowd and energy is pathetic. Makes SDSU look like what they really are, a pud school riding the coattails of the Bison. Way to go Bison fans on not showing up in droves to make the Bunnies look more respectable than they are. Gameday will never be back to that craphole.

Lorne_Malvo
October 26th, 2019, 09:51 AM
The crowd looks good. The meaning of the signs is good, but damn just a sharpie and some awful handwriting in that crowd.

The Samuel Jackson call us San Diego state one more time sign was pretty good.
Not a fan of all the FU signs. Thats just a bad look for any fan base.

Lorne_Malvo
October 26th, 2019, 09:53 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about, the crowd and energy is pathetic. Makes SDSU look like what they really are, a pud school riding the coattails of the Bison. Way to go Bison fans on not showing up in droves to make the Bunnies look more respectable than they are. Gameday will never be back to that craphole.

Dude calm down and quit being such a dick. Can you just let them have a minute of fame without being an asshole please?

mmiller_34
October 26th, 2019, 09:54 AM

*Some* Bison fans only say this when they feel threatened.

katss07
October 26th, 2019, 09:54 AM
Awesome show so far. I wasn’t expecting this much of a spotlight on the teams actually involved in Gameday, and the FCS in general. Looks like both fanbases showed up. Way to go, this is a very good look for the FCS.

TennBison
October 26th, 2019, 10:02 AM
Lots of people trying to get Bison fans to go down to Brookings to show support for NDSU on CGD. I could care less that CGD is in Brookings unless I had planned on being at the game in the first place. I have no intention on going to an event being held at another school in order to potentially make them look better, or bring respect to them. Not sure of the actual size of the crowds there, but it looks to be far less than what we had in Fargo.

awBison
October 26th, 2019, 10:02 AM
I think this game will come down to penalties. Least penalty yards wins.

Prime Power
October 26th, 2019, 10:03 AM

Threatened of what exactly? Try again. I am stating what the crowd and energy is like. Do you just say that to everyone whenever they tell you the bunnies are a second rate never has been team. Even if they win today they will piss down their leg come playoff time. The Jackrabbits are the Minnesota Vikings of the FCS.

TennBison
October 26th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Or because they can accept the truth, unlike "some" SDSU fans.

mmiller_34
October 26th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Threatened of what exactly? Try again. I am stating what the crowd and energy is like. Do you just say that to everyone whenever they tell you the bunnies are a second rate never has been team. Even if they win today they will piss down their leg come playoff time. The Jackrabbits are the Minnesota Vikings of the FCS.

#SKOL

TheKingpin28
October 26th, 2019, 10:11 AM
Here at The Horny Bison Tailgating Crew and Gameday has a lot of people. Where are our SDSU fans at? PM me for meetup. With BFINWMN right now.

TennBison
October 26th, 2019, 10:11 AM
I think this game will come down to penalties. Least penalty yards wins.
​Not sure how many football games you have been around. But every game I have ever played in or watched, has always been decided by who scores the most points. So I would be more than happy to have 50 more penalty yards but a higher score at the end of the game.

Prime Power
October 26th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Dude calm down and quit being such a dick. Can you just let them have a minute of fame without being an asshole please?

Wow, this is something coming from you. I have some rivalry smack talk and you personally start calling me names? How about you calm down and grow the **** up.

mmiller_34
October 26th, 2019, 10:18 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191026/4b08ed86594e26515e9e956e6f922b90.jpg

Herdistheword
October 26th, 2019, 10:20 AM
Considering all the late harvest issues affecting alums of both schools, this has been a good turnout. I’m happy that Gameday has given thr FCS teams this much coverage.

Bison56
October 26th, 2019, 10:27 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191026/4b08ed86594e26515e9e956e6f922b90.jpg

xlolx

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 10:29 AM
NDSU leads series 62-42-5, soon to be 62-43-5 #BOOKIT

Sycamore62
October 26th, 2019, 10:37 AM
I havent had a chance to watch. I assume the ISUb grad is at the gameday set with the Sycamore and Washington St flag. The guy follows Gameday and I think he is there about every week

mmiller_34
October 26th, 2019, 10:38 AM
College GameDay overhype. SDSU team unfocused. Game is already lost. 38-10 Bizzzzzon. #BookIT

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2019, 10:51 AM
I think NDSU wins comfortably. They're simply at another level.

mmiller_34
October 26th, 2019, 10:53 AM

I agree. 100%.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Pat Mcafee as the guest picker made for a less than ideal conclusion imo. I was hoping for Lesner..

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Corson picked the Bison....Bison lose. #Bookit

dewey
October 26th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Who did all the announcers pick to win the game?

Dewey

Herdistheword
October 26th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Pat Mcafee as the guest picker made for a less than ideal conclusion imo. I was hoping for Lesner..

i thought Pat brought some good energy. No complaints here.

Christiank22
October 26th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Who did all the announcers pick to win the game?

Dewey

Corso and Herby pick the good team, Desmond and Mcafee pick the little brother

dewey
October 26th, 2019, 11:06 AM
Corso and Herby pick the good team, Desmond and Mcafee pick the little brother

Did Corso put on the Bison head? Pictures?

Dewey

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 11:07 AM

DeweyYea, he put the Bison head on but it is hard to tell the difference between his real face and head and the Bison mask. You have to look close.

Schism55
October 26th, 2019, 11:10 AM

Dewey
https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1188124303168098304

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2019, 11:15 AM
i thought Pat brought some good energy. No complaints here.

That's who he is. But he also covers cfb for ESPN...lol. Not much of a "guest"....

dewey
October 26th, 2019, 11:17 AM
Nice look for Lee Corso.

Go Bison!

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191026/e07a9e0d9c3599409773191564b8ee8f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191026/636ee2dc3169c335f974c7020e99cda8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TennBison
October 26th, 2019, 11:19 AM
​Kind of like a level 800 Orc vs a level 2 Pixie in Warcraft.

uni88
October 26th, 2019, 11:28 AM
https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1188124303168098304What's with the pig snout? Looks kind of like a wild boar with the tusks in the wrong place.

;)

Tazman2664
October 26th, 2019, 11:57 AM
Wow, jealousy runs rampant on this site. Just a shame. I guess that is what happens when something you like isn't at the top.

Herdistheword
October 26th, 2019, 12:00 PM
That was a good Gameday experience overall. The folks on r/CFB are giving credit to the FCS schools for making Gameday a better experience than going to the same 10 FBS schools over and over agains.

mmiller_34
October 26th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Wow, jealousy runs rampant on this site. Just a shame. I guess that is what happens when something you like isn't at the top.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Qe5oD5aXjEbKw/giphy.gif

Bison56
October 26th, 2019, 12:05 PM

Welcome to AGS, now just shut up.

GAD
October 26th, 2019, 12:22 PM
xthumbsupxGood job Jacks! GD looked great

Tazman2664
October 26th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Like I said, jealousy runs rampant here. I am not a huge fan of NDSU but I believe they have THE quality program in FCS. I think NDSU is to FCS as Alabama is to FBS. But to see what is put here just screams JEALOUSY. This is just a football game, no need to get so rude about things. But you live your lives the way you want to, I do not have the time for jealousy. LOL ROF BMG LMAO, some lives are just that small.

Bison56
October 26th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Like I said, jealousy runs rampant here. I am not a huge fan of NDSU but I believe they have THE quality program in FCS. I think NDSU is to FCS as Alabama is to FBS. But to see what is put here just screams JEALOUSY. This is just a football game, no need to get so rude about things. But you live your lives the way you want to, I do not have the time for jealousy. LOL ROF BMG LMAO, some lives are just that small.

Pot meet kettle

Lorne_Malvo
October 26th, 2019, 12:39 PM

Congrats, only 4 posts and you made my ignore list.

mmiller_34
October 26th, 2019, 12:40 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/kGweWfIbaezO8/giphy.gif

Also, I am a realist. I have been very vocal about how the outcome of this game is not in question and that the Bison will roll by 30 points. #BookIT

Schism55
October 26th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Chattown, is that you? xdrunkyx

BisonBacker
October 26th, 2019, 01:15 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/kGweWfIbaezO8/giphy.gif

Also, I am a realist. I have been very vocal about how the outcome of this game is not in question and that the Bison will roll by 30 points. #BookIT

Get your own Schtick Pod already has the Bookit trademarked!

BisonBacker
October 26th, 2019, 01:19 PM

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/anxiety-files/200805/jealousy-is-killer-how-break-free-your-jealousy

dewey
October 26th, 2019, 02:25 PM
Dam missed field goal.

3-0 Jackrabbits.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 02:32 PM
This kicker for NDSU is toast. He has hit snap hook after snap hook Nice PI call in the Bison.

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 02:33 PM
SDSU dominating.

X-Factor
October 26th, 2019, 02:37 PM
Call really going SDSUs way. Should have been intentional grounding

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 02:40 PM
Total brain dead start by NDSU

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Three and out. ****ty ****ing play calling. Total garbage

Bisonoline
October 26th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Three and out. ****ty ****ing play calling. Total garbage

Why are we playing so much shotgun???

centennial
October 26th, 2019, 02:48 PM
I keep telling everyone NDSU offense is predictable as hell.

Bison56
October 26th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Boneheaded penalties

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 02:52 PM
Nice camera work

Bison56
October 26th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Nice camera work

Beyond pathetic

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 02:54 PM
JFC. How many ****ing penalties are these guys going to get.

POD Knows
October 26th, 2019, 02:58 PM
Another ****ing penalty. JFC

Bison56
October 26th, 2019, 03:00 PM
So many stupid penalties, just like last week. Drive killers.

X-Factor
October 26th, 2019, 03:11 PM
Another should be penalty. SDSU really getting a pass from the refs

X-Factor
October 26th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Derek Tuska was spin around by the Jacks offensive Tackle. That is just silly