Penn at Yale
Harvard at Princeton - another toss-up
Brown at Cornell - cellar-dwellers

Ivytalk
October 20th, 2019, 05:21 AM
Dartmouth
Yale
Harvard — upset special
Cornell (loser of this snoozefest won’t win another game all year)

Son of Eli
October 20th, 2019, 06:36 AM
Dartmouth
Yale
Princeton
Brown

Go Green
October 20th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Games:

Columbia at Dartmouth - toss-up now

I respect your opinion. But I don't think any bookie is going to classify either of those games as even.

Both Dartmouth and Princeton should be comfortable favorites. Could either lose? Sure. But it's unlikely.

caribbeanhen
October 20th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Games:

Columbia at Dartmouth - toss-up now
Penn at Yale
Brown at Cornell - cellar-dwellers

not sure Columbia is ready for Dartmouth just yet
but they sure did a number on Penn, I was thinking Penn was going to
be in the game

Go Green
October 22nd, 2019, 11:58 AM
I respect your opinion. But I don't think any bookie is going to classify either of those games as even.

Both Dartmouth and Princeton should be comfortable favorites. Could either lose? Sure. But it's unlikely.

As I suspected, Dartmouth and Princeton are respectively double-digit favorites in their games according to Five Dimes.

ngineer
October 22nd, 2019, 12:25 PM
Columbia may be competitive, but won't be a winner. Dartmouth, 35-14.

Penn not mightier than the Lock. Yale, 28-14

Johnnies in the wrong port at Old Nassau, Princeton 34-20

Bruins over the Bears..should get 'Ursa Andress' to do coin flip in order to generate interest. Brown 13-10.

Ivytalk
October 23rd, 2019, 07:47 AM
Columbia may be competitive, but won't be a winner. Dartmouth, 35-14.

Penn not mightier than the Lock. Yale, 28-14

Johnnies in the wrong port at Old Nassau, Princeton 34-20

Bruins over the Bears..should get 'Ursa Andress' to do coin flip in order to generate interest. Brown 13-10.
Better make that Ursa Undress.xsmiley_wix

Ivytalk
October 23rd, 2019, 01:17 PM
5Dimes current favorites:

Dartmouth (-14)
Yale (-9.5)
Princeton (-11)
Cornell (-10)

Son of Eli
October 23rd, 2019, 05:26 PM

Dartmouth (-14)
Yale (-9.5)
Princeton (-11)
Cornell (-10)

With those odds you would think there would be no upsets in the Ivy League this week, but over four decades of watching Ivy League football tells me otherwise.

Ivytalk
October 23rd, 2019, 06:52 PM
With those odds you would think there would be no upsets in the Ivy League this week, but over four decades of watching Ivy League football tells me otherwise.

I’d take the points on the Harvard and Cornell games. We’ll see how it plays out.

SUPharmacist
October 24th, 2019, 01:03 AM
Dartmouth
Yale
Harvard
Cornell

Son of Eli
October 24th, 2019, 07:43 AM
I’d take the points on the Harvard and Cornell games. We’ll see how it plays out.

me too

bulldog10jw
October 25th, 2019, 02:24 PM

Dartmouth (-14)
Yale (-9.5)
Princeton (-11)
Cornell (-10)

I'll take all the favorites to win, but only Dartmouth will cover.

Son of Eli
October 25th, 2019, 06:25 PM
I’d love to see Dartmouth play NDSU. I think it would be a close game.

caribbeanhen
October 25th, 2019, 06:31 PM

Dartmouth is one of the best teams in FCS No doubt

Go Green
October 25th, 2019, 08:26 PM
I'll take all the favorites to win, but only Dartmouth will cover.

You're off to a nice start.

Final: Dartmouth 59 Columbia 24

cx500d
October 25th, 2019, 08:33 PM

What's stopping them?

Go Green
October 25th, 2019, 08:36 PM
What's stopping them?

Teevens was recently asked a question along these lines.

His response was essentially "We schedule games 10 years in advance. There's no way of telling how good we will be and how good our opponents will be when the games are scheduled."

Princeton's Surace has been asked similar questions and gave a similar answer.

:(

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 25th, 2019, 08:37 PM
Dartmouth is one of the best teams in FCS No doubt

Absolutely! They seem on par with Princeton's team last season. I had the Big Green #8 this week but they might be more Top 5....

I've said the last 2-3 years the Ancient Eight's best are the only programs that can legitimately go after NDSU. It's absolute garbage it can't happen.

bulldog10jw
October 25th, 2019, 09:03 PM
You're off to a nice start.

Final: Dartmouth 59 Columbia 24

Last year there were two exceptional teams in the Ivy League. This year there is one.

Son of Eli
October 26th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Teevens was recently asked a question along these lines.

His response was essentially "We schedule games 10 years in advance. There's no way of telling how good we will be and how good our opponents will be when the games are scheduled."

Princeton's Surace has been asked similar questions and gave a similar answer.

:(

I just had a brilliant idea that would solve that problem: Participate in the FCS playoffs!

Ivytalk
October 26th, 2019, 07:06 AM
Dartmouth was dominant last night, continuing its practice of destroying the opposition. And that was a Columbia team that destroyed Penn just last week. Dartmouth’s closest game so far has been a 13-point road win over Penn. At this rate, Dartmouth will clinch the Ivy title by November 9, when it gets Princeton at home.

Undefeated Ivy teams usually have one squeaker. Case in point: the 2004 Harvard team under Ryan Fitzpatrick, which nipped Dartmouth by one on the road. This Dartmouth team may curb-stomp everybody.

Son of Eli
October 26th, 2019, 08:55 AM
Dartmouth was dominant last night, continuing its practice of destroying the opposition. And that was a Columbia team that destroyed Penn just last week. Dartmouth’s closest game so far has been a 13-point road win over Penn. At this rate, Dartmouth will clinch the Ivy title by November 9, when it gets Princeton at home.

Undefeated Ivy teams usually have one squeaker. Case in point: the 2004 Harvard team under Ryan Fitzpatrick, which nipped Dartmouth by one on the road. This Dartmouth team may curb-stomp everybody.

The Princeton game is at Yankee stadium, so it’s neutral. Should have been selected for ESPN’s college game day. I agree no one will beat Dartmouth, but the Princeton game should be close.

Ivytalk
October 26th, 2019, 04:12 PM
me too
And that’s exactly how it turned out. No upsets, but only Dartmouth covered. Harvard’s QB threw 3 costly picks today.