PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 8 2019

superman7515
October 19th, 2019, 11:28 PM
One game still to go, #15 North Carolina A&T (4-1 overall, 4-0 vs FCS) at #39 Florida A&M (5-1 overall, 4-0 vs FCS) is Sunday at 2:00 pm EST.

If you're someone who has NCAT ranked somewhere in your top 25, which is just about everyone at this point, and a hypothetical loss to FAMU would either move NCAT down or move FAMU up, then you should probably wait until after that game finishes before voting.

That being said, most of the ratings sites (Sagarin, Massey, Laz, Dunkel, etc) won't update until all games are played and likewise for the ripple effect on SOS. So those items won't be updated until sometime Sunday night.

A few games either ended recently or haven't had recaps updated yet, I'll get those links added in the morning. If you notice any errors, please let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n9Tm9xKs_CIVjJxwyJR6dUXX5R60C7znGEGG_2lC2c/edit?usp=sharing

Serpentor
October 19th, 2019, 11:35 PM
Obligatory "Thank you for the work you do, Superman" post. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 19th, 2019, 11:49 PM
As supe said, wait if you can but if you vote I expect you treat this unplayed game as a bye week for both teams and do as you would in that scenario. It needs to be treated sort of like the Week 0 games. You just need to make your judgment next week reflect what happened in the two games and disregard this one as a bye week.

I don't know what else can be done here because if everyone waits until tomorrow evening to vote I'm sort of screwed too. I'll be opening the poll in about an hour or so.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2019, 11:55 PM
Why did I decide to be a voter this year? Lol there's a lot of parity in FCS this year.

Kemo
October 20th, 2019, 02:16 AM
Why did I decide to be a voter this year? Lol there's a lot of parity in FCS this year.

I just want to put, "I don't know" for 10 thru 25.

Redbird 4th & short
October 20th, 2019, 09:34 AM
I just want to put, "I don't know" for 6 thru 25.

FIFY

Daytripper
October 20th, 2019, 10:20 AM
This week is a legit cluster f***. Some real head scratching games this week.

Daytripper
October 20th, 2019, 10:22 AM

I think people should give Sam Houston another look. As I posted in another thread, we are 15 total points away from being undefeated. And those losses were the result of QB f***ery. If we had good consistent QB play I think we are undefeated. And our defense is seriously legit.

kalm
October 20th, 2019, 11:15 AM
I think people should give Sam Houston another look. As I posted in another thread, we are 15 total points away from being undefeated. And those losses were the result of QB f***ery. If we had good consistent QB play I think we are undefeated. And our defense is seriously legit.

There are a number of teams like that including Davis, EWU, Citadel, and SELA. But yes Sam should be considered.

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2019, 11:17 AM
SHSU is very bipolar but also worthy of being ranked IMO. I'm very impressed with their defense... if Keeler could figure out how to combine his offensive teams from '16 and '17 with his defensive team this year that would be a title contender.

On another SLC note I'm having a hard time figuring out how to place Nicholls and Central Arkansas relative to each. If you do a blind look at each UCA probably has a better resume but Nicholls has that dominating head-to-head win... I don't feel good about it either way I put those two in relation to each other.

kalm
October 20th, 2019, 11:22 AM
Looking at the stats from Sac- Montana, wow. 31 1st downs to 15. And Sac wins fairly easy despite 3 turnovers.

Decent win against EWU then dominating a pair of top 10’s. Sac should get some looks for cracking the top 3.

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Looking at the stats from Sac- Montana, wow. 31 1st downs to 15. And Sac wins fairly easy despite 3 turnovers.

Decent win against EWU then dominating a pair of top 10’s. Sac should get some looks for cracking the top 3.Not going to argue against top 3 at all, but I believe we will be doing a great disservice to them if they are not in Top 5.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Daytripper
October 20th, 2019, 12:23 PM
Not going to argue against top 3 at all, but I believe we will be doing a great disservice to them if they are not in Top 5.

I've got them in there.

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2019, 12:31 PM
I've got them in there.

I have them in the Top 5, but if there are currently 4 teams fighting for 3 spots, who is out?

-NDSU is a lock right now, even with this 22-0 gaffe that they put up against Missery St.
-JMU is beating who they need to (sans WVU game) but they do have that SBU game (even if the score was not indicative of the officiating).
-SDSU shot themselves in the foot against Minnesota and played some games without J'Bore Gibbs and still won.
-Sac St gave Arizona St and Fresno St all they could handle and has absolutely curb stomped the rest of their schedule.

So the question is, who is out? Each one of these teams has an argument to make to be in the Top 3, but leaving one of them out is not fair to them as a team.

Preferred Walk-On
October 20th, 2019, 12:35 PM
I have them in the Top 5, but if there are currently 4 teams fighting for 3 spots, who is out?

-NDSU is a lock right now, even with this 22-0 gaffe that they put up against Missery St.
-JMU is beating who they need to (sans WVU game) but they do have that SBU game (even if the score was not indicative of the officiating).
-SDSU shot themselves in the foot against Minnesota and played some games without J'Bore Gibbs and still won.
-Sac St gave Arizona St and Fresno St all they could handle and has absolutely curb stomped the rest of their schedule.

So the question is, who is out? Each one of these teams has an argument to make to be in the Top 3, but leaving one of them out is not fair to them as a team.

You'll probably only have that dilemma for one more week. xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 20th, 2019, 01:52 PM

That is funny man. xlolx Sorry we don't have that option now.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 20th, 2019, 02:13 PM
Not going to argue against top 3 at all, but I believe we will be doing a great disservice to them if they are not in Top 5.

It is times like these that a person (me) can see those that are serious and know what they are doing and those that are just along for the ride as far as the AGS Poll goes. We have a lot of voters holding back on voting until the ampersand game completes which is good but when those ballots come in we'll see what the group thinks I guess.

There are some voters that had Sac outside of the top 15 last week and to those voters I say to you right now that you better look and hard at what you are doing. I try to never put a finger on the scale but having them anywhere near that is gonna mean a discussion where you tell me why on that one.

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2019, 02:18 PM
It is times like these that a person (me) can see those that are serious and know what they are doing and those that are just along for the ride as far as the AGS Poll goes. We have a lot of voters holding back on voting until the ampersand game completes which is good but when those ballots come in we'll see what the group thinks I guess.

There are some voters that had Sac outside of the top 15 last week and to those voters I say to you right now that you better look and hard at what you are doing. I try to never put a finger on the scale but having them anywhere near that is gonna mean a discussion where you tell me why on that one.

I knew I wouldn't be home today after 315pm CST and with work all day tomorrow (7-4pm CST), I knew it was get it in now or do not vote this week. I respected the NCAT proposal as such and will treat it the way it must be (as if it was a week 0 setting which, you can see I did, xnodx). I'd be more than glad to defend the Sac St positioning, when the poll is released, as I had stated earlier, they gave their FBS teams all they could handle and absolutely crushed and manhandled their opponents in the trenches and at the skill positions.

Mike296
October 20th, 2019, 02:31 PM
I knew Sac St was good but I seriously underestimated them this year, expect them to jump like 10 spots in my poll.

grizband
October 20th, 2019, 02:35 PM
Sac State will definitely be in my top 5 this week. They crushed a Montana team, who I believe is better than their performance yesterday indicates.

Lorne_Malvo
October 20th, 2019, 02:38 PM
I think for a lot of people Sac has been kind of flying under the radar. I watch a lot of FCS ball and knew they were good, but I just have not paid that much attention to them for some reason. They are top 5 imo right now.

caribbeanhen
October 20th, 2019, 03:05 PM
I think for a lot of people Sac has been kind of flying under the radar. I watch a lot of FCS ball and knew they were good, but I just have not paid that much attention to them for some reason. They are top 5 imo right now.

because it’s not easy to detect any Big Sky games on your radar....

Meaning where are the TV games?

Lorne_Malvo
October 20th, 2019, 03:07 PM

Pluto tv. I put the app on a smart tv. Streams are sketchy to say the least.
I never "activated" it or paid for it, so free anyway.
in the 500 and up channels.

grizband
October 20th, 2019, 03:10 PM

Pluto tv. I put the app on a smart tv. Streams are sketchy to say the least.
Unfortunately, production quality of the streams varies greatly.

Serpentor
October 20th, 2019, 04:09 PM
SHSU is very bipolar but also worthy of being ranked IMO. I'm very impressed with their defense... if Keeler could figure out how to combine his offensive teams from '16 and '17 with his defensive team this year that would be a title contender.

Professor Chaos: I propose an alliance: your offense, our defense! WE WOULD BE UNSTOPPABLE! But how do we fuse Thundar and Sammy together?

POD Knows
October 20th, 2019, 04:48 PM
Professor Chaos: I propose an alliance: your offense, our defense! WE WOULD BE UNSTOPPABLE! But how do we fuse Thundar and Sammy together?Our D would kick your D's ass and to even mention them in the same post is blasphemy. How dare you. xnodx You got balls young serpent, you got balls.

paward
October 20th, 2019, 05:04 PM
I knew Sac St was good but I seriously underestimated them this year, expect them to jump like 10 spots in my poll.
Have to admit it is teams like Sac St that makes these polls worth its weight. I will be first to admit they have made a believer out of me. They get my vote as my all time highest leaper in my polls, ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Have to admit it is teams like Sac St that makes these polls worth its weight. I will be first to admit they have made a believer out of me. They get my vote as my all time highest leaper in my polls, ever.

dbackjon
October 20th, 2019, 05:11 PM
Sac St comes in at #? for me.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 20th, 2019, 05:20 PM
I knew I wouldn't be home today after 315pm CST and with work all day tomorrow (7-4pm CST), I knew it was get it in now or do not vote this week. I respected the NCAT proposal as such and will treat it the way it must be (as if it was a week 0 setting which, you can see I did, xnodx). I'd be more than glad to defend the Sac St positioning, when the poll is released, as I had stated earlier, they gave their FBS teams all they could handle and absolutely crushed and manhandled their opponents in the trenches and at the skill positions.

I think you misunderstood me brother. I am talking about people having them down in the teens, or not there and putting them in the 20-25 range. There are not a lot of them but I agree with you that they are definitely a T5 team in my mind. If you have them there then nothing to defend my man cuz you're doing it right.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 20th, 2019, 05:21 PM
Sac St comes in at ? for me.

We don't post the actual positions of teams my man. Please don't do that going forward until after the poll is posted up.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 20th, 2019, 05:26 PM

The BSC has probably the most accessible games of most conferences I think and a couple channels on Pluto that just replay them if I remember correctly as I haven't went on there in a while.

McCowboys
October 20th, 2019, 05:42 PM
The BSC has probably the most accessible games of most conferences I think and a couple channels on Pluto that just replay them if I remember correctly as I haven't went on there in a while.

By the time the Sac State - Montana game came on, my eyes had already turned into footballs! Too many good FCS and FBS games starting at 11 AM my time -- and then the Astros - Yankees championship game. I did keep up with the score, though.

POD Knows
October 20th, 2019, 05:50 PM
The BSC has probably the most accessible games of most conferences I think and a couple channels on Pluto that just replay them if I remember correctly as I haven't went on there in a while.Yea, I watch them on Pluto, caught a little bit of the UND CP game and then the balance of the Griz Sac game. Streaming is actually pretty decent but the announcing and the production suck major balls. NDSU complains about ours but well, yea.

Schism55
October 20th, 2019, 05:52 PM

Know how to work the Twitter machine?
Follow Sam Herder (HERO sports FCS writer), every saturday morning he tweets out a list of the top 10-12 FCS games along with their start times and viewing location. I reference it several times every gameday xthumbsupx

GoBlueHens83
October 20th, 2019, 06:08 PM
I was guilty of overlooking Sac St this year at first. They really weren’t on my radar at the beginning of the year considering they were 2-8 last year. They have probably moved up my Top 25 faster than any team before. They went from not ranked 2 weeks ago, to mid teens last week, to top ten easily this week. Their body of work speaks for itself. If you aren’t ranking them in the top half of your top 25, you aren’t paying attention.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2019, 06:16 PM
- I have no clue what to do with the OVC teams. I have one ranked.
- There seems to be some pretty good HBCU's this year. I have 3 ranked.
- I can't get a grasp on the Southland. Each time I think Nicholls is going to seize control it doesn't happen.
- I have Albany and Towson as the 3rd and 4th best in the CAA. Both have awesome quarterbacks.

This week was the toughest of the year. The first week of the playoffs should be wild but the second week is going to filled with blowouts.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 20th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Yea, I watch them on Pluto, caught a little bit of the UND CP game and then the balance of the Griz Sac game. Streaming is actually pretty decent but the announcing and the production suck major balls. NDSU complains about ours but well, yea.

It was not a good feed on TV either so I think it is just Sac State not being real good or whoever broadcast it from there. There are schools that do well in production but a lot hang behind in the BSC feeds at this point which I don't understand really because we've had streaming for many, many years when other conferences really weren't doing it yet I think.

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2019, 06:29 PM
Professor Chaos: I propose an alliance: your offense, our defense! WE WOULD BE UNSTOPPABLE! But how do we fuse Thundar and Sammy together?
It would probably look something like this:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/southpark/images/5/5d/ManBearPigTransparentGorey.png

That said I'll still I'll still take our defense. xpeacex

Daytripper
October 20th, 2019, 06:39 PM
By the time the Sac State - Montana game came on, my eyes had already turned into footballs! Too many good FCS and FBS games starting at 11 AM my time -- and then the Astros - Yankees championship game. I did keep up with the score, though.

I just have to....

https://media.giphy.com/media/SSElRcgyTKAb6/giphy.gif

McCowboys
October 20th, 2019, 06:53 PM
I just have to....

https://media.giphy.com/media/SSElRcgyTKAb6/giphy.gif

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2019, 08:51 PM
I think you misunderstood me brother. I am talking about people having them down in the teens, or not there and putting them in the 20-25 range. There are not a lot of them but I agree with you that they are definitely a T5 team in my mind. If you have them there then nothing to defend my man cuz you're doing it right.

Alright. I must have misunderstood it. Right now, we have 4 teams fighting for 3 spots and it comes down to trying to weigh them out properly. FAMU should also climb into the T25 after today.

Outsider1
October 20th, 2019, 09:57 PM
I had to go ahead and vote as I am heading out of town for work tomorrow and will have to focus on that. I am still learning, but try my best. I moved Sac St. up quite a bit, but held off a top 3 for now. That may change next week. I dropped Nicholls quite a bit and reinserted SHSU. It has been hard this week with trying to stick to my rule of not moving anyone too much and direct head to head comparisons. I moved more this week than in the past. I tried my best to go back through, but I know I could do that all night. I looked at wins/losses, head to heads, SOS, etc and did my best. Heck, #7-25 was a crapshoot for me.........

caribbeanhen
October 20th, 2019, 10:31 PM
Know how to work the Twitter machine?
Follow Sam Herder (HERO sports FCS writer), every saturday morning he tweets out a list of the top 10-12 FCS games along with their start times and viewing location. I reference it several times every gameday xthumbsupx

thank you all for trying to get me up to speed on Pluto and twitter

I fid Watch a few Big Sky games last year on Pluto
I don’t know but this year It just seems like they’re not where they were before and honestly I gave up way too early I’ll try again

have Pluto TV via Roku.....I want check out Sacramento State

Serpentor
October 21st, 2019, 01:14 AM
Our D would kick your D's ass and to even mention them in the same post is blasphemy. How dare you. xnodx You got balls young serpent, you got balls.

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one!"

ursus arctos horribilis
October 21st, 2019, 01:28 AM
"All I have in this world is my balls and my word..."

Name two thing Serpentor has had in his mouth in the last 4 hrs.

https://i0.wp.com/www.ironbridge360.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/JohnnyCarson_Facebook-630x477.jpg?resize=630%2C477&ssl=1

I wish I was better than that Serpy but I am not. Growing older is outpacing growing up so suffer along with me brother.

Serpentor
October 21st, 2019, 01:36 AM
Name two thing Serpentor has had in his mouth in the last 4 hrs.

https://i0.wp.com/www.ironbridge360.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/JohnnyCarson_Facebook-630x477.jpg?resize=630%2C477&ssl=1

I wish I was better than that Serpy but I am not. Growing older is outpacing growing up so suffer along with me brother.

"You chust made the list, cabrón."

https://media.giphy.com/media/rndyYmOBDcU0M/giphy.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
October 21st, 2019, 01:44 AM
"You chust made the list, cabrón."

https://media.giphy.com/media/rndyYmOBDcU0M/giphy.gif

If you hit me with one of those little bullets and I find out about it you are in serious trouble.

dewey
October 21st, 2019, 06:30 AM
I was guilty of overlooking Sac St this year at first. They really weren’t on my radar at the beginning of the year considering they were 2-8 last year. They have probably moved up my Top 25 faster than any team before. They went from not ranked 2 weeks ago, to mid teens last week, to top ten easily this week. Their body of work speaks for itself. If you aren’t ranking them in the top half of your top 25, you aren’t paying attention.

Exactly right! I agree 100%.

Dewey

gofurman
October 21st, 2019, 06:46 AM
One game still to go, #15 North Carolina A&T (4-1 overall, 4-0 vs FCS) at #39 Florida A&M (5-1 overall, 4-0 vs FCS) is Sunday at 2:00 pm EST.

If you're someone who has NCAT ranked somewhere in your top 25, which is just about everyone at this point, and a hypothetical loss to FAMU would either move NCAT down or move FAMU up, then you should probably wait until after that game finishes before voting.

That being said, most of the ratings sites (Sagarin, Massey, Laz, Dunkel, etc) won't update until all games are played and likewise for the ripple effect on SOS. So those items won't be updated until sometime Sunday night.

A few games either ended recently or haven't had recaps updated yet, I'll get those links added in the morning. If you notice any errors, please let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n9Tm9xKs_CIVjJxwyJR6dUXX5R60C7znGEGG_2lC2c/edit?usp=sharing

Supe - for the first time I can't access the list; is there something I need to do? every other week I have been able to just click on it and see the results. thanks in advance !!!