PDA

View Full Version : Montana @ Sac State Poll

100%GRIZ
October 15th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Montana breaks into the ranking at #5 with Sac State coming into the rankings at #10. Who will win this one?

Professor Chaos
October 15th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Damn... I was putting my thread together as you posted this. Feel free to merge my thread into this one mods.

McCowboys
October 15th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Uh, oh! I just responded to the other Sac State - Montana poll thread.

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2019, 10:43 AM
Montana breaks into the ranking at #5 with Sac State coming into the rankings at #15. Who will win this one?

Are you using the STATS POLL for your rankings in an AGS thread?!?!?!xnonoxxrulesx

This is hard game to pick. The teams are side by side in nearly every major BSC statistic. Sac State has the #5 passing O going against the #12 passing D (that surprises the hell out of me). UM has the #3 passing O going against the #9 passing D, so it appears both teams should be able to air it out. Sac has the #7 rushing O vs. the Griz's #3 D, while the Griz rushing O ranks 6th in BSC going up against the #2 rushing defense. Both of these result in UM having the #1 scoring offense at 41 ppg going against the #2 scoring defense and Sac State's #2 scoring offense (39.3 ppg) smashing against Montana's #3 scoring defense. Something's gotta give... Sac does have "home field advantage". I'd expect a crowd of 12-13K due to their success and being homecoming, but they don't have the ends of the field bowled in and they have the godforsaken track between the crowd and field, which seriously diminishes the crowd's effect.

I'm withholding my pick until something randomly pops into my head. It may come down to a coin flip if the epiphany never comes....

ursus arctos horribilis
October 15th, 2019, 11:42 AM
I closed this thread and we will run it over on PC's at 100%'s request. I will move the results over to a post on that thread as well.