PDA

View Full Version : SLC: Houston Baptist Huskies at McNeese Cowboys

McCowboys
October 15th, 2019, 05:52 AM
This is McNeese's Homecoming. Gametime is 4 PM.

In the very short history between the two teams, HBU is winless against the Cowboys.

McNeese "upset" SLU and then fell in a competitive game at UCA. Despite the loss, there were some positives in this and the SLU game. However, the Cowboys are 1-3 in conference.

The much-improved, but still inconsistent, Huskies are 0-2 in conference with losses coming at UIW (a narrow 2-point loss) and a spanking at ACU.

McCowboys
October 15th, 2019, 07:19 AM
I have picked against my Cowboys for three weeks in a row. I just can't do it again. I just want them to win so badly!

Daytripper
October 15th, 2019, 08:00 AM
HBU had a nice run early in the season, but they are now coming down to earth.

BEAR
October 15th, 2019, 09:32 AM
Cowboys defense (run- solid, pass- solid) is a strength. Offense is good enough to move the ball. Special teams needs serious help. Missing field goals and bad snaps on the punt. Flipping the field won't do. If HBU has a plan to throw the ball they will find some success. Throw it MANY times and I think they will have even more but expect a few picks. Tough call. I'll go with defense so the Cowboys pull off a close one.

Puddin Tane
October 16th, 2019, 11:58 PM
pokes are finding an offense, hbu has no defense. cowboys roll.

McCowboys
October 20th, 2019, 07:08 AM
Congratulations Cowboys on a great Homecoming win over the Huskies, 42-27. The Cowboys defense held the nation-leading offense of HBU a couple of hundred yards below their average and a bunch of points below their scoring average and held them scoreless in the third quarter for the first time this year and to only 7 points in the second quarter. The Cowboys, meanwhile, set some offensive and defensive records and had a season high in total yards. Despite multiple injuries, it is starting to come together.

With that said, the Cowboys, who have not won on the road in over a year, travel to face an angry (after a double OT loss to ACU), much improved SFA squad that should not be very welcoming to the visitors from Lake Charles. Kickoff is 3 PM this coming Saturday.