PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel

paward
October 14th, 2019, 02:15 PM
Can some of these fans give me your point of view on this team? I was on that wagon when they beat Ga Tech. At this point not sure if it said less about Tech than more about The Citadel. Is the team future looking bright? I am a CAA person but love that game day atmosphere in Charleston. Try to catch a game there when I can.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2019, 02:28 PM
......GEORGIA TECH....(1-5).......WAS PICKED LAST IN COASTAL DIV.....O'....ACC.......BAH...STREET & SMIFF...........CITADEL DUBBYA.....NOT TO TERRIBLAH IMPRESSIVE....IN DAT LIGHT........AWQ!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 14th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Are you talking about the team that lost to VMI a couple of weeks ago?

PaladinFan
October 14th, 2019, 03:35 PM
Can some of these fans give me your point of view on this team? I was on that wagon when they beat Ga Tech. At this point not sure if it said less about Tech than more about The Citadel. Is the team future looking bright? I am a CAA person but love that game day atmosphere in Charleston. Try to catch a game there when I can.

The Citadel is a bit of an enigma, in my opinion.

I'm not surprised they gave GT a fight. The Citadel is a scrappy athletic group running a difficult-to-prepare for offense against a team in a lot of transition. GT isn't particularly good this year (nor were they expected to be). The Jackets have struggled against FCS opponents before.

The Citadel's best offensive player is, in my opinion, Brandon Rainey, the QB. He's been playing through injuries that you can see hampered him significantly in some of the Bulldog's recent games. It is tough on the Citadel's offense to have a QB that is struggling to cut and run.

Record-wise, they lost two close games they could have won against Elon and Towson. They absolutely should have beaten Samford. They are a few plays here or there away from being 6-2.

Sir William
October 14th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Are you talking about the team that lost to VMI a couple of weeks ago?

Normally I would laugh at such a quick and funny comment about The Citadel. But since we’re playing them this Saturday, I won’t laugh at that funny comment about them, that being the funny comment you made at which I’m not laughing. Did I mention that I wasn’t laughing? 😉

ElCid
October 14th, 2019, 04:42 PM
The Citadel is a bit of an enigma, in my opinion.

I'm not surprised they gave GT a fight. The Citadel is a scrappy athletic group running a difficult-to-prepare for offense against a team in a lot of transition. GT isn't particularly good this year (nor were they expected to be). The Jackets have struggled against FCS opponents before.

The Citadel's best offensive player is, in my opinion, Brandon Rainey, the QB. He's been playing through injuries that you can see hampered him significantly in some of the Bulldog's recent games. It is tough on the Citadel's offense to have a QB that is struggling to cut and run.

Record-wise, they lost two close games they could have won against Elon and Towson. They absolutely should have beaten Samford. They are a few plays here or there away from being 6-2.

That about sums it up.

The VMI game is a quirky thing because we play each other so hard every year. It's a rivalry thing. One that we have been on the winning side for a long time. I don't think our players are outstanding right now. They are good, but they have to play perfect to win the hard ones and they just aren't doing that. They did play near perfect at GaTech. Down or not, they are a P5 team with some serious history. Against Towson, Elon and Samford, they were all one score losses that could have been won. A few plays here and there. Either the Offense or the Defense failed us at the wrong times in those games. VMI was just too hungry and we were still hampered by the QB and BBack injuries as well.

CID1990
October 20th, 2019, 04:53 AM
We were well overdue for a loss to VMI. They came very close last year. They play us very tough every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk