PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 7 2019

superman7515
October 12th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Just waiting on the Weber State game to wrap up, but everything else is in place. If you notice any errors, please let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bj66XenvEJBEndnFS2Pq1NQczuUGJO_qFjeY8T_Ep8o/edit?usp=sharing

Tough year for my ballot, after about the top 5 or 6 teams each week, it doesn't seem like anyone else even wants to be ranked.

Drblankstare
October 12th, 2019, 10:31 PM
Thanks Supe! This next poll is going to be a mess

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2019, 10:39 PM
10 losses from teams in last week's top 25, 6 of which to teams ranked lower than them or not ranked it all. This week is gonna be a mess.

HensRock
October 13th, 2019, 06:54 AM
Delaware should be removed from Top 25 consideration. This is not a good team right now.
And when is Sac State going to get the Top 10 love I think they've deserved for a few weeks now?

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2019, 07:10 AM
Delaware should be removed from Top 25 consideration. This is not a good team right now.
And when is Sac State going to get the Top 10 love I think they've deserved for a few weeks now?
Yeah, I hope Sac St doesn't get held back by the "I can only move a team up X number of spots" slot voting logic. One of my pet peeves when seeing poll ballots is when an upset like this happens and voters will only move Montana St down far enough and Sac St up far enough so Sac St is one spot in front of Montana St. Sac St just went on the road and beat Montana St by 20. Unless there's a massive drop off in that one spot Sac St is a lot more than 1 spot better than Montana St right now.

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2019, 07:25 AM
Just waiting on the Weber State game to wrap up, but everything else is in place. If you notice any errors, please let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bj66XenvEJBEndnFS2Pq1NQczuUGJO_qFjeY8T_Ep8o/edit?usp=sharing

Tough year for my ballot, after about the top 5 or 6 teams each week, it doesn't seem like anyone else even wants to be ranked.
Except Dartmouth. Especially Dartmouth. Did I mention Dartmouth?xrolleyesx

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Yeah, I hope Sac St doesn't get held back by the "I can only move a team up X number of spots" slot voting logic. One of my pet peeves when seeing poll ballots is when an upset like this happens and voters will only move Montana St down far enough and Sac St up far enough so Sac St is one spot in front of Montana St. Sac St just went on the road and beat Montana St by 20. Unless there's a massive drop off in that one spot Sac St is a lot more than 1 spot better than Montana St right now.

maybe 2 Ivies this week.... or at least get the right one in...xnodx

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2019, 08:12 AM
maybe 2 Ivies this week.... or at least get the right one in...xnodx
Almost certainly 2 Ivies in my poll ballot this week.

jmu007
October 13th, 2019, 08:28 AM

Can't speak for everyone, but I can assure you as least one poll didn't worry about jumping people.

Redbird 4th & short
October 13th, 2019, 09:56 AM

Sac St looks like a very legit top 10 after this week .. maybe even a seed team at this point.

And agree with professor chaos .. this top 25 poll this week will be a hot mess. Comparative scores are useless ... anyone who points to one data point as proof they should be higher should be banned from forum ... it is all over the place this year after the top 5. Having said that .. maybe Sac St deserves top 6.

100%GRIZ
October 13th, 2019, 10:04 AM
I noticed you called Idaho the Bengals but should be Vandals!

cx500d
October 13th, 2019, 10:21 AM
Except Dartmouth. Especially Dartmouth. Did I mention Dartmouth?xrolleyesx

When are they going to play somebody besides from their incestuous conference?

Grizalltheway
October 13th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Don't want to take anything away from Sac, but can we all agree that the cats were massively overrated? They have an absolute dumpster fire going on at the QB position...

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Don't want to take anything away from Sac, but can we all agree that the cats were massively overrated? They have an absolute dumpster fire going on at the QB position...
It was tough for me to drop Montana St too far... there's a lot of imperfections amongst the teams outside of the top 10 IMO.

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2019, 11:29 AM
It was tough for me to drop Montana St too far... there's a lot of imperfections amongst the teams outside of the top 10 IMO.

I think we are seeing further decline at the FCS level, just less good teams than years ago..... if this makes me Capt Obvious so be it... haha

aceinthehole
October 13th, 2019, 11:46 AM
I think we are seeing further decline at the FCS level, just less good teams than years ago..... if this makes me Capt Obvious so be it... haha

Why? Is it because the "name brand" teams are losing to upstart programs? Or is it the lack of a dominant programs outside of NDSU and JMU?

Is it decline or just more PARITY?

uofmman1122
October 13th, 2019, 01:27 PM
Ever single time I saw people putting MSU above Montana (especially in the last three weeks), I wanted to ask them if they had seen either team actually play.

Sac State is legit, and this week’s game might feature the two best teams in the Big Sky. I’m not sold on Weber and their putrid offense.

I Bleed Purple
October 13th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Ever single time I saw people putting MSU above Montana (especially in the last three weeks), I wanted to ask them if they had seen either team actually play.

Sac State is legit, and this week’s game might feature the two best teams in the Big Sky. I’m not sold on Weber and their putrid offense.

Only the passing game is putrid. The running game is somewhere around average.

RootinFerDukes
October 13th, 2019, 01:42 PM
Why? Is it because the "name brand" teams are losing to upstart programs? Or is it the lack of a dominant programs outside of NDSU and JMU?

Considering no one can beat the Top FCS team for seven of the last eight years with no end in sight.... yeah. It's a decline. It's nowhere near as competitive in the playoff field as it used to be from 2010 and earlier.

Redbird 4th & short
October 13th, 2019, 01:59 PM
Considering no one can beat the Top FCS team for seven of the last eight years with no end in sight.... yeah. It's a decline. It's nowhere near as competitive in the playoff field as it used to be from 2010 and earlier.

That's not a logical conclusion ... the team that's doing it is beating pretty good FBS teams ... and they were D-II prior to 2009 ... and they were beating FBS teams when they were D- II as well.

I think this may be a slightly down year at the top, except for NDSU at moment, due to greater parity. And have little doubt MVFC/Gateway is at it's best ever this entire decade.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2019, 02:16 PM
That's not a logical conclusion ... the team that's doing it is beating pretty good FBS teams ... and they were D-II prior to 2009 ... and they were beating FBS teams when they were D- II as well.

I think this may be a slightly down year at the top, except for NDSU at moment, due to greater parity. And have little doubt MVFC/Gateway is at it's best ever this entire decade.

Agree on all of this.

RootinFerDukes
October 13th, 2019, 02:30 PM
This poll is impossible with so many teams losing this week. No one wants to be ranked.

TheKingpin28
October 13th, 2019, 03:01 PM
I got to 10 with comfort, and once I hit 13, I started to have real difficulties.

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2019, 03:11 PM
When are they going to play somebody besides from their incestuous conference?

Not so fast, cx. On those snowy winter nights in Fargo, I imagine your first cousin starts to look pretty good.xdrunkyx

cx500d
October 13th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Not so fast, cx. On those snowy winter nights in Fargo, I imagine your first cousin starts to look pretty good.xdrunkyx

Well, I live in DC now, so it’s actually your sister that looks pretty good....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RabidRabbit
October 13th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Enjoying the FCS Wedge PODcasts. Several statement games that make you say WOW! or yuck!

1) Hornets are buzzin' No losses to any FCS?
2) Let's go Peay! These Govs are hosing down the OVC so far. What the H happened vs ETSU?
3) Nicholls - Are they going to take the South(land) battles

Yucks -
Patriot league xeekx
Delaware - No wonder dem Hens are feeling blue.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2019, 08:57 PM
- Sac State zooming up...
- I ranked VMI. That's easily a first...
- Found a SWAC team I thought was worthy...
- Dartmouth can roll with the non-Bison elite...
- I have no clue what to do with Towson and Montana State

Really, it's NDSU and everyone else so at this point there's only one answer that truly matters.....

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2019, 02:58 AM
Sac State not getting the respect they deserve I don't think from voters that I believe to be quite keen...and some are not disappointing on this issue but others are just not paying attention it appears. We'll see how this all works out but even more at odds with me is a choice of UND on a ballot and a dismissal of Idaho State? Am I alone on this seeming to be a big misfire by anyone voting for UND and leaving ISU off of it? There are always small issues but those seem obvious to me is why I ask.

BlTW, all the votes for UND are fairly low on the ballot so not trying to overstate this one just thinking that one should be easy but as always I've been wrong plenty so let me know if you disagree on that one.

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2019, 03:01 AM
Sac State not getting the respect they deserve I don't think from voters that I believe to be quite keen...and some are not disappointing on this issue but others are just not paying attention it appears. We'll see how this all works out but even more at odds with me is a choice of UND on a ballot and a dismissal of Idaho State? Am I alone on this seeming to be a big misfire by anyone voting for UND and leaving ISU off of it? There are always small issues but those seem obvious to me is why I ask.

BlTW, all the votes for UND are fairly low on the ballot so not trying to overstate this one just thinking that one should be easy but as always I've been wrong plenty so let me know if you disagree on that one.

In the process of replying.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2019, 03:14 AM
In the process of replying.

Heading to bed my man, I'll catch up with it in about 4 or 5 hours.:)

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2019, 06:17 AM

BlTW, all the votes for UND are fairly low on the ballot so not trying to overstate this one just thinking that one should be easy but as always I've been wrong plenty so let me know if you disagree on that one.I'd be shocked if Sac State was outside of the Top 10. I know people can slip up and miss things, but this is one of those that cant be missed.

Now with the UND/ISUo, for me it was a neither or ISUo or both and I went with neither.

I will admit however, from about 18 or so on, it was trying to blindly hit a dartboard after chugging a 12 pack and then being spun around until I could barely stand. That's what it felt like to me.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

cx500d
October 14th, 2019, 07:03 AM

I had the Sac at #9 last week and a slight bump this week

cx500d
October 14th, 2019, 07:04 AM

I will admit however, from about 18 or so on, it was trying to blindly hit a dartboard after chugging a 12 pack and then being spun around until I could barely stand. That's what it felt like to me.

So, like normal ops for you then?

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 07:07 AM

Ranking Idaho St is fine I'd say... they don't have any bad losses and the win over UND is nice. Ranking UND is very shaky. The EWU and Idaho St losses don't look particularly good and SHSU losing devalues their best win. Ranking UND without Idaho St makes no sense whatsoever.

Cocky
October 14th, 2019, 07:11 AM
Sac State has been in my poll for at least the last 5 weeks. Top 10 this one.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Sac State has been in my poll for at least the last 5 weeks. Top 10 this one.

.....YOUSE SHOOD PICK....YER OWN LOTTO TIX #'s..............STREET & SMIFF.....HAD 'EM....DEAD LAST......IN BIG FLUFFY..........AWQ!

POD Knows
October 14th, 2019, 07:38 AM
I had Sac State in my poll last week and moved them up quite a bit in this one. The bottom 15 in this poll was really tough. A top 25 vote for UND in this poll after getting slaughtered by an unranked team is pretty weak.

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 08:24 AM
For the voters UCA FINALLY changed it's offensive game plan (excuse the pun). IF they continue what they did against McNeese...it should be enough to AT LEAST get an at large spot. Only one team in the SLC is undefeated in conference..Nicholls. But I just wanted to put out there that a good change was made and the Bears are playing with more fire now.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2019, 08:32 AM

Good Question, topic is worthy of a thread on it's own

Appy State and Georgia So moving up was a hit to the entire FCS level, not just the SoCo, others have moved up as well ...

some of the best FCS teams (minus Alabison) are getting Curb Stomped by FBS at increasing levels, Yes I know a few put up a good fight like N Iowas and S Dak St but still less scalps

The Bottom half of FCS seems to be on the decline, More Div 2 teams beating FCS

Transfer rule changes - not that appealing to go down a level when you really don't have to anymore

What is going on with the Patriot League? from bad to worse....why?

What is going on with the Ivy League - are they really getting this much better? or is a declining FCS just making them look better?

CAA - Not enough good teams anymore.... and this is much more than the continuing troubles at Delaware, the playoffs last year was the latest hint, I mean the Ivy League is catching up with the CAA at this point

Paul keeps on going strong, but Wings are not the top to bottom Conference that they were a few years ago.... think W Illinois, Indiana State, Mizzu State...... just bad teams right now

bwbear
October 14th, 2019, 08:55 AM
For the voters UCA FINALLY changed it's offensive game plan (excuse the pun). IF they continue what they did against McNeese...it should be enough to AT LEAST get an at large spot. Only one team in the SLC is undefeated in conference..Nicholls. But I just wanted to put out there that a good change was made and the Bears are playing with more fire now.

It was refreshing to see. Finally they just admitted that we are a pass first team and went with it.

If I'm evaluating UCA as a pollster:

- 2 loses: One to FBS Hawaii and one to a top 10 Nicholls.
- Quality win over ranked Austin Peay (on the road) and an FBS win against a 4-2 Western Kentucky team that is currently undefeated in conference play.

This week is the first week I would say our offense passed the eye-test. Defensively, though, I could see why we may get knocked down a few spots.

F'N Hawks
October 14th, 2019, 09:00 AM
Ranking Idaho St is fine I'd say... they don't have any bad losses and the win over UND is nice. Ranking UND is very shaky. The EWU and Idaho St losses don't look particularly good and SHSU losing devalues their best win. Ranking UND without Idaho St makes no sense whatsoever.

Agree. Same as when UND beat SHSU but was ranked below them by many people. ISU should be ahead of UND, as UND sucks and they don't.

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 09:03 AM
What is going on with the Ivy League - are they really getting this much better? or is a declining FCS just making them look better?

Or are they looking good just because of the cupcake buffet their insular scheduling tendencies gives them? Unfortunately, we'll probably never know the answer to any of those questions.

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 09:10 AM
It was refreshing to see. Finally they just admitted that we are a pass first team and went with it.

If I'm evaluating UCA as a pollster:

- 2 loses: One to FBS Hawaii and one to a top 10 Nicholls.
- Quality win over ranked Austin Peay (on the road) and an FBS win against a 4-2 Western Kentucky team that is currently undefeated in conference play.

This week is the first week I would say our offense passed the eye-test. Defensively, though, I could see why we may get knocked down a few spots.

Run defense was decent. Pass defense was horrific. Later in the game they improved but early on they were giving receivers 10 yard cushions. NO idea why! I yelled at them to stay on their hips. Seriously. That has to improve...quickly.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2019, 09:16 AM
Or are they looking good just because of the cupcake buffet their insular scheduling tendencies gives them? Unfortunately, we'll probably never know the answer to any of those questions.

pretty quick on the edit Professor, watching some Ivy games might help..

Anyway, Maybe they choose not to participate in the Playoffs because they were just not that good and didn't want to be exposed..... and now that the Pendulum is swinging the other way ....... Who knows, maybe they will get onboard with the Playoffs if they think they can actually look good.... haha

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 09:19 AM
pretty quick on the edit Professor, watching some Ivy games might help..

Anyway, Maybe they choose not to participate in the Playoffs because they were just not that good and didn't want to be exposed..... and now that the Pendulum is swinging the other way ....... Who knows, maybe they will get onboard with the Playoffs if they think they can actually look good.... haha
I need a feature on the board that gives me about 3 opportunities to edit a post before it actually posts.... for some reason my brain doesn't quite function completely until I get to the "Edit Post" screen. xlolx

KPSUL
October 14th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Run defense was decent. Pass defense was horrific. Later in the game they improved but early on they were giving receivers 10 yard cushions. NO idea why! I yelled at them to stay on their hips. Seriously. That has to improve...quickly.

Although your team may be facing some challenges and has weaknesses in some areas, we have to assess each team in context and compared to the other teams competing for FCS Top 25 and ultimately the playoffs. Consequently, I regret to inform you that I've ranked your team in the top 25 once again this week.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2019, 09:43 AM

That is my whole thinking as well. I just think it is something that people really need to up their game on at this point in the season and anybody that did have UND on the ballot did not have the Bengals on it. Now if neither is on it, I get that too but the specific UND/ISU one is just not making sense.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2019, 09:51 AM
A little over an hour left to vote and at least 3 or 4 regular voters seem to be missing so far so get on it.

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2019, 10:09 AM

Few things for those who didn't watch the Sac State @ MSU game. First, I congratulate Sac State. They were the better team on this day. However, they won by 13 not 20. One the game's first possession, MSU was driving, but Rovig threw a pick after being hit during release. Credit goes to Sac State for causing the TO, but a block being held for a half second more likely alters the outcome dramatically. More importantly, the refs hosed MSU early in the 4th down 34-14, calling back a TD due to a substitution infraction (12th guy was sprinting to the sideline during the snap) that should have been a free play. The play ran and resulted in a 7 yard TD pass. Then the refs conferred and decided it was a dead ball foul and gave us half the distance to the goal. We then ran it 4 straight times into the teeth of their stout run defense (bad coaching, IMO). Not only would a 34-21 game with almost an entire quarter been a vastly different game, but getting a TD wiped out and then stuffed 4 times from inside the 5 was hugely demoralizing.

One of the positive takeaways from the game is that we seem to be developing (albeit incrementally) into a bit more rounded offense. We actually outgained Sac State 403 to 378, ran for nearly 50% more than they had previously been allowing AND Tucker Rovig finished 16/29 for 262 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT (should have been 17/30 for 269 with 2 TD and 1 INT, but it is what it is). I am in no way diminishing Sac State's win. They are a tough, tough team and not one I'd look forward to playing. But MSU was a couple plays, a bad call and lucky bounce or 2 from this being a much tighter game than just looking at a box score would indicate.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2019, 10:41 AM
I'd be shocked if Sac State was outside of the Top 10. I know people can slip up and miss things, but this is one of those that cant be missed.

Now with the UND/ISUo, for me it was a neither or ISUo or both and I went with neither.

I hope I did not overstate the Sac State thing as they are getting respect but it seemed a bit short on some ballots compared to MSU on this ballot. I think a few need to think on these things a little bit more was my intended thought to put forth.

vutomcat
October 14th, 2019, 11:02 AM

It's just Delaware that is declining! xsmiley_wix

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2019, 11:09 AM
It's just Delaware that is declining! xsmiley_wix

already been mentioned, see next post on subject

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2019, 11:13 AM
So, like normal ops for you then?

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkSomething like that, but with Jack also involved

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Although your team may be facing some challenges and has weaknesses in some areas, we have to assess each team in context and compared to the other teams competing for FCS Top 25 and ultimately the playoffs. Consequently, I regret to inform you that I've ranked your team in the top 25 once again this week.

Oh yeah?! xbangx Don't worry....we'll take care of that soon enough! xlolx Your optimism is appreciated..in context to all the other teams of course...xlolx

bwbear
October 14th, 2019, 12:58 PM

I agree. I found myself more than once yelling to not leave receivers open in the middle of the field. It was like our DB's simply quit watching the WR's and started watching the QB instead.

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 02:49 PM
I agree. I found myself more than once yelling to not leave receivers open in the middle of the field. It was like our DB's simply quit watching the WR's and started watching the QB instead.

That's the problem when you just finish playing a QB like Fourcade who can run it any second. The DBs are constantly looking over their shoulder at the QB, like Orgeron, because he can sneak up and run to the line and then you have to choose...chase down the QB who just grabbed 5 more yards OR stay with the WRs and risk watching the QB run another 10..or worse run to the QB and watch as he throws it to a wide open guy YOU just left! Line of scrimmage awareness is HUGE for DBs sometimes.

Silenoz
October 14th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Few things for those who didn't watch the Sac State @ MSU game. First, I congratulate Sac State. They were the better team on this day. However, they won by 13 not 20. One the game's first possession, MSU was driving, but Rovig threw a pick after being hit during release. Credit goes to Sac State for causing the TO, but a block being held for a half second more likely alters the outcome dramatically. More importantly, the refs hosed MSU early in the 4th down 34-14, calling back a TD due to a substitution infraction (12th guy was sprinting to the sideline during the snap) that should have been a free play. The play ran and resulted in a 7 yard TD pass. Then the refs conferred and decided it was a dead ball foul and gave us half the distance to the goal. We then ran it 4 straight times into the teeth of their stout run defense (bad coaching, IMO). Not only would a 34-21 game with almost an entire quarter been a vastly different game, but getting a TD wiped out and then stuffed 4 times from inside the 5 was hugely demoralizing.

One of the positive takeaways from the game is that we seem to be developing (albeit incrementally) into a bit more rounded offense. We actually outgained Sac State 403 to 378, ran for nearly 50% more than they had previously been allowing AND Tucker Rovig finished 16/29 for 262 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT (should have been 17/30 for 269 with 2 TD and 1 INT, but it is what it is). I am in no way diminishing Sac State's win. They are a tough, tough team and not one I'd look forward to playing. But MSU was a couple plays, a bad call and lucky bounce or 2 from this being a much tighter game than just looking at a box score would indicate.
Keeping in mind Sac basically spent the 4th quarter running dives up the middle and a soft pass defense to help run the clock out.

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2019, 05:32 PM
Keeping in mind Sac basically spent the 4th quarter running dives up the middle and a soft pass defense to help run the clock out.

They did?? 1st possession at the start of 4th (continuation of the 3rd) was: pass complete, pass complete, run, run, MSU interception in the end zone. MSU goes down the field and gets the TD called back, which would have put Sac up 34-21 with 10 minutes. Their next possession is hard to include since they took over at their own 2 so they ended up punting on THIRD down after 2 rushes got them nowhere. After that goes down a rabbit hole of "how much would they play calling have changed under the new circumstances", but after the early punt, MSU turned it over on downs. On the ensuing possession, Sac ran it 3 times for 8 yards, then punted after only running off 1:44. MSU marched down for the final TD in 2 minutes. After missing on the onside, there was no need to delay the inevitable.

As I said, Sac State was the better team. Without that TD being called back, it may have ended 34-28. Or maybe we don't get the TD on the last drive and it stays 34-21. What I do know is getting the TD called back, then failing to punch it in was a nut punch that really deflated the balloon and any momentum that they should have had.

taper
October 14th, 2019, 06:58 PM
- Sac State zooming up...
- I ranked VMI. That's easily a first...
- Found a SWAC team I thought was worthy...
- Dartmouth can roll with the non-Bison elite...
- I have no clue what to do with Towson and Montana State

Really, it's NDSU and everyone else so at this point there's only one answer that truly matters.....

Uh, what? Dartmouth has beaten 2-4 Jacksonville, 0-7 Colgate, 2-2 Penn, and 3-1 Yale. Non of those opponent's wins are any good either. If the East Coast Elites ever scheduled anyone decent or entered the playoffs we'd find out if that claim had any merit. I know this is an old argument, but it somehow still keeps getting made.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 14th, 2019, 07:57 PM
Uh, what? Dartmouth has beaten 2-4 Jacksonville, 0-7 Colgate, 2-2 Penn, and 3-1 Yale. Non of those opponent's wins are any good either. If the East Coast Elites ever scheduled anyone decent or entered the playoffs we'd find out if that claim had any merit. I know this is an old argument, but it somehow still keeps getting made.

I watch the IL and have mad respect for their talent level. Yale was the preseason IL favorite and the Big Green destroyed them. Dartmouth might be in the ballpark of last year's Princeton team. Both seem headed for an epic showdown in Hanover.

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 08:39 PM
I watch the IL and have mad respect for their talent level. Yale was the preseason IL favorite and the Big Green destroyed them. Dartmouth might be in the ballpark of last year's Princeton team. Both seem headed for an epic showdown in Hanover.
Problem is we never really knew how good last year's Princeton team was either. They could've been top 5 good... they could've been outside the top 20... they could've been right about where we had them (#10-ish IIRC). Opinions about Ivy League teams are like buttholes... we all have them and you know the rest.